Thor VS Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gogogadgetgo
The other thread had Thor inWarrior Madness w/power gem which I feel is superspite in favor of Thor. I'm convinced that Normal Thor beats Thanos. In this fight Thor is not holding back (he has top strength) like he usually does. Battle starts from 2meters away from each other. They battle on an indestructible planet.

Who wins and how?

Black bolt z
Thanos by utterly one-3 shotting regular thor like he has before.

h1a8
This would be a good fight as Thor fighting to his best ability will absorb all of Thanos blasts and send them back 10 fold. I figure Thanos can hurt himself with his own blasts (especially those 10x stronger).

Thor with his top non holding back strength is no joke (one shotting moons, punching 700lb beings into orbit, etc.) . He has the ability to rock Thanos hard and possibly has the speed to combo him to ko too.

Nihilist
Thanos wins and laughing out loud @ h1a8's joke post

amnesia
oh god i lolled

h1a8
If it is funny then analyze my argument and show its flaws along what will really happen.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thanos by utterly one-3 shotting regular thor like he has before. BS. Thanos has never one shotted the real Thor. A weaker zthor had Thanos realing.Thanos wins only due to Thor having less durability. And if thor gets nasty and throws a god blast or hit thanos as hard as he hit the celestial,he can steal a few wins.

Nihilist
That was a weaker pre resurrection Thanos that 2 shotted Thor

bbrem123
why make this thread??

thor has no chance in hell

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by bbrem123
why make this thread??

thor has no chance in hell

and why not? we have a regular superman vs thanos thread where in there are actually people who thinks superman would kick thanos' ass. and thor = superman more or less. so what superman can do, thor could aslo do.

as for how thor could win, he could always throw his hammer at 3 x the speed of light which causes thanos to real back then thor soul steals. easy as pie.

Happy Dance

bbrem123
no^

tkitna
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
there are actually people who thinks superman would kick thanos' ass.

And those people are as wrong as the people that think Thor has a chance in this thread.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by bbrem123
no^

yes

or thor could godblast off the bat and kill thanos before he could even think
or thor could teleport thanos to the sun for the easy win
whats thanos gona due? blast thor? thor would just block/ absorbe it the his might hammer then send it back 10 folds killing thanos
punch him to death? not happening, thor is too fast and agile for thanos. when using his true fighting skills and not going hulk, thor would beat thanos to a bloody pulp.

bbrem123
wow...jsut wow is all i have to say

Harbinger
Yeah, Thor isn't beating Thanos.

janus77
Thanos smashes Thor's head in with Mjolnir, just for laughs.

hilarious spite... Thorlove overload no

TheLordofMurder
Well from what I have seen pertaining to the two characters, I think Thor absolutely can give Thanos trouble and even manage to beat him...

Thoughout the "Infinity" trilogy it was continually implied that Thor could standup to Thanos...such as when they would illustrate the characters taking a swing at each other and it appearing equal or when something significant happened to Thanos or his tech, it was Thor doing it...such as when Thor destroyed his chair.

From what I have seen, Deaths main upgrade to Thanos appears to be in durability as he has survived some pretty good shots from some pretty powerful characters, but that said, thoughout his history, Thor has shown (in his high showings at any rate) some pretty impressive ability to take punishment as well such as when he withstood several direct energy attacks from the Celestials and kept on coming...

All in all, I think Thor can definitely take out Thanos; Thanos can definitely beat him back...but it wont be as one sided as some here foolishly believe.

Oh and btw, until Thanos demostrates some high powered defense against spiritual attack, I see no reason why Thors soul draining attack wont work on Thanos; and no, the reasoning "because its Thanos" is not valid...thats just a fanboyish reaction of someone uncomfortable with the idea of Thor beating Thanos in this fashion.

bbrem123
there should be a poll for this...i wanna see how many people really believe thor stands even the slightest of chances.

thor and surfer are challenges for each other....thanos is far beyond both...people who cant see that need to read some more thanos comics

Slaanesh
Thanos..

TheLordofMurder
I have seen all of Thanos's showings and his high showings typically show his ability to take an ass kicking only...

Sure, he rocked Galactus, but Thors done better as Thor actually harmed Galactus...which Thanos was unable to do...

Thor withstood direct energy attacks from the Celestials unshielded; Thanos was on fire while hiding beneath his shields from a single blast from Galactus...

I am not insinuating that "omg Thor pwns Thanos," but dont have a fanboyish gleem in my eyes either; they are not as far apart as you might think...

mykke
Thor is not beating thanos this is ridiculous thanos is way above Thor... The people that believe this do not have to prove it. This should be fact. Thanos smacks around heralds. Let me repeat the are on different LEVELS this is fact Thor gets beat ... And beat hard. Thanos will be laughing the entire time.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by mykke
Thor is not beating thanos this is ridiculous thanos is way above Thor... The people that believe this do not have to prove it. This should be fact. Thanos smacks around heralds. Let me repeat the are on different LEVELS this is fact Thor gets beat ... And beat hard. Thanos will be laughing the entire time.
I don't think the gap is as big as you think it is.

Badabing
mmm

Thor beat Bor. Bor is Odin's dad. Odin beat Thanos.

mhmm

Thor>>>Bor>>>Odin>>>Thaons.

biscuits

TheLordofMurder
Thanos smacks around heralds? So you are talking about him smacking around surfer in other words...

LoL, I vividly remeber Thor doing the exact same thing to Surfer; infact, I remember Thor beating Warlock and Surfer together...

I fully believe Thanos is capable of beating Thor as well, but I think some of you have an exaggerated view of Thanos if you truly think "omg Thanos wtfPWNS Thor!"

Thor has many many low showings under his belt compared to Thanos, however, he has far more appearances (obviously) as well, but when Thor is at his best, his feats are every bit as good as Thanos's and arguably better in some instances...

I repeat, this isnt as one-sided as some of you believe...

mykke
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't think the gap is as big as you think it is.
Maybe not but there is a gap that much should be obvious. Thor is great don't get me wrong. But honestly i still believe surfer bs him would be an epic fight written correctly not thanos and thor

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Badabing
mmm

mhmm

biscuits

laughing

ABC logic is awesome!!!

iceman24567
Thanos wins the vast majority

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Nihilist
That was a weaker pre resurrection Thanos that 2 shotted Thor

Thor's one shotted Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet. Masterson Thor I might add.

Figurative -for lack of a better word- statements work both ways.

Badabing
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
laughing

ABC logic is awesome!!! dursmart

Nihilist
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's one shotted Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet. Masterson Thor I might add.

Figurative -for lack of a better word- statements work both ways. And goes to show that Thanos was giving them a chance IG, that is unless you think a weaker Thor can beat a far powerful version of Thanos, while yet a stronger Thor couldnt beat a far far weaker pre resurrection Thanos even with the Things help, but of course you wouldnt think anything as stupid as that.

ScreamPaste
And goes to show that Thanos was giving them a chance IG, that is unless you think a weaker Thor can beat a far powerful version of Thanos, while yet a stronger Thor couldnt beat a far far weaker pre resurrection Thanos even with the Things help, but of course you wouldnt think anything as stupid as that.
That... Kinda works both ways. no expression

Not claiming anything as far as who wins, just sayin', I could swap the names and adjust a few words and it turns right back in on itself.

Nihilist
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
That... Kinda works both ways. no expression

Not claiming anything as far as who wins, just sayin', I could swap the names and adjust a few words and it turns right back in on itself. Not at all, if you dont ignore the context to the Thor/Thanos battle from the IG and the continuity of thier other fights, it was clearly Thanos giving Thor and the other heroes a chance to impress Death. Thanos stood up to Thor w/p gem, beat him when in a far weaker version and stopped his hammer mid flow, so anything that happened during IG proves that Thanos was holding back to give them a chance.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, it might be a bit...off, but I can see Scream's point.

And goes to show that Thanos was giving them a chance IG, that is unless you think a weaker Thor can beat a far powerful version of Thanos, while yet a stronger Thor couldnt beat a far far weaker pre resurrection Thanos even with the Things help, but of course you wouldnt think anything as stupid as that.

He wasn't lowering his durability now was he? It was made clear that Masterson's attacks can rock Thanos just like Thanos' attacks can affect Thor.

Don't be dense. Comics don't work like battle boards. Thor's been shown as close to Thanos physically in all of their actual fights I've seen. Both pre and post resurrection. I can use your logic just as easily.

And once again, the Thing's help whatever it might have been, would have been minimal. Thanos was literally not affected by a full out punch from the Thing and easily disposed of him. Sometimes I don't think you even read that arc.

I also want to make it clear that Thanos did not two shot Thor. Thor was not out. Thor was down on one knee and was stunned at best (He was up in literally a few panels.). Thanos' own dialogue suggests that it was more than two blasts of energy as well.

On top of it all, a significantly amped Thanos clone could not put down Thor with his attacks, which included an energy web and blows to the face.

Thanos putting down Thor with a few energy blasts -more than 2- is as likely as Thor putting down Thanos with 1 hammer throw. Both instances happened with some level of surprise being involved as well.

Nihilist

He wasn't lowering his durability now was he? It was made clear that Masterson's attacks can rock Thanos just like Thanos' attack's can affect Thor.

Don't be dense. Comics don't work like battle boards. Thor's been shown as close to Thanos physically in all of their actual fights I've seen. Both pre and post resurrection. I can use your logic just as easily.

And once again, the Thing's help whatever it might have been, would have been minimal. Thanos was literally not affected by a full out punch from the Thing and easily disposed of him. Sometimes I don't think you even read that arc.

I also want to make it clear that Thanos did not two shot Thor. Thor was not out. Thor was down on one knee and was stunned at best (He was up in literally a few panels.). Thanos' own dialogue suggests that it was more than two blasts of energy as well.

On top of it all, a significantly amped Thanos clone could not put down Thor with his attacks, which included an energy web and blows to the face.

Thanos putting down Thor with a few energy blasts -more than 2- is as likely as Thor putting down Thanos with 1 hammer throw. Both instances happened with some level of surprise being involved as well. I will repond to this when i get back from work

Rage.Of.Olympus
Cool. I'm always up for a debate with the Thanos camp.

Quick Question. The Thanos that couldn't overpower Kazar was retconned to be another clone right?

ScreamPaste
Like I said, I hold no position. stick out tongue Am not an expert.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
mmm

mhmm

biscuits Thaons ? confused

chomperx9
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7552/part1e.png

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8587/captainmarvelv301703.jpg

confused I cant decide who to vote for

King Kandy
Cool. I'm always up for a debate with the Thanos camp.

Quick Question. The Thanos that couldn't overpower Kazar was retconned to be another clone right?
Yeah. Also it was the same clone X-Man and Hulk trounced.

amnesia
LOL at the people who think gogogadgetgo is serious, the thanos camp is pretty slow.

Parmaniac
That's how Thanos rolls
http://www.itusozluk.com/img.php/ed85375f2aa0d0b5bf68ac22abfb7d6031114/thanos

amnesia
you can't just post some German thing and expect me to understand.

Warlord
actually it seems Turkish

amnesia
good work Sherlock.

Warlord
thumb up

Estacado
Thor's blast made Galactus run away while Thanos's blast only made G angry.

So Thor wins313

Rage.Of.Olympus
Now we're getting somewhere.

Originally posted by King Kandy
Yeah. Also it was the same clone X-Man and Hulk trounced.

As I recall, the clone looked incredibly powerful in that issue. It wasn't until the Hulk's strength was combined with Nate's telekinetic armor could they defeat him.

the ninjak
Thanos beats him down.

Lord Feron
Thor goes farther than supes, thats all I care about.

Blanket
Now we're getting somewhere.

As I recall, the clone looked incredibly powerful in that issue. It wasn't until the Hulk's strength was combined with Nate's telekinetic armor could they defeat him. It was a low level clone in Thanos' own words. It still put Hulk down with one shot.

The Thanos clone that hit Thor was when Thor had the Odin Force in his armor, and the belt of strength.

Everyone was knocking Thanos around in IG. Using this would put Thor slightly above Spider-Man. It also contradicts in its own series Thanos (without IG mind you) taking Thor's hammer toss just to fake his own death.
Also every other Thanos/Thor scuffle. Something was up, is all I'm saying.

lol at H1 saying Thor could combo to KO Thanos. Someone report him for trolling.

Something, something, something, Ke$ha.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Blanket
It was a low level clone in Thanos' own words. It still put Hulk down with one shot.

The Thanos clone that hit Thor was when Thor had the Odin Force in his armor, and the belt of strength.

Everyone was knocking Thanos around in IG. Using this would put Thor slightly above Spider-Man. It also contradicts in its own series Thanos (without IG mind you) taking Thor's hammer toss just to fake his own death.
Also every other Thanos/Thor scuffle. Something was up, is all I'm saying.

lol at H1 saying Thor could combo to KO Thanos. Someone report him for trolling.

Something, something, something, Ke$ha.

Ha! What a pussy. The clone that Thor encountered was a high powered one as I recall.

The energy web was before the tools were given to him. I'm 100% sure about that. I want that to be clear as it is easily more impressive than tanking two punches in the face. It was Thano's energy output that was focused on when he was amped. Thor had enough blunt force durability showings in that arc.

You'd have a point for the most part, but I recall it being stated by Thor that it was the Shield that was infused by the Odin Power, and let him withstand attacks that would have felled him in the past. Even when he puts on all of his weapons, it was when he armed himself with the Shield that I recall him stating that he felt the Odin Force coursing through him. Either way, I don't care. Odin was extremely weakened.

The Belt of Strength does just what it's name implies. It amps Thor's strength. Doubles it to be specific. It has been shown to energize him once when he was battered and worn out by Loki and his forces.

Spider-Man moved Thanos' head with a kick. Do you really not see a difference between what Spider-Man and Thor scenes?

How does this scene contradict anything?
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos17.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos18.jpg

Thor's hammer throw was able to knock Thanos off his feet. He somehow removed himself from the area before the explosion. Probably through teleportation.

Cool.

H1n8 makes my day.

Blanket
Ha! What a pussy. The clone that Thor encountered was a high powered one as I recall.

The energy web was before the tools were given to him. I'm 100% sure about that. I want that to be clear as it is easily more impressive than tanking two punches in the face. It was Thano's energy output that was focused on when he was amped. Thor had enough blunt force durability showings in that arc.

You'd have a point for the most part, but I recall it being stated by Thor that it was the Shield that was infused by the Odin Power, and let him withstand attacks that would have felled him in the past. Even when he puts on all of his weapons, it was when he armed himself with the Shield that I recall him stating that he felt the Odin Force coursing through him. Either way, I don't care. Odin was extremely weakened.

The Belt of Strength does just what it's name implies. It amps Thor's strength. Doubles it to be specific. It has been shown to energize him once when he was battered and worn out by Loki and his forces.

Spider-Man moved Thanos' head with a kick. Do you really not see a difference between what Spider-Man and Thor scenes?

How does this scene contradict anything?
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos17.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos18.jpg

Thor's hammer throw was able to knock Thanos off his feet. He somehow removed himself from the area before the explosion. Probably through teleportation.

Cool.

H1n8 makes my day. Still a clone.

Oh? Scans then?

Right, amped Thor.

Right, amped Thor.

I saw a level 10 Spider-Man almost drop Thanos supposedly amped with a kick. Iron Man put Thanos on his knees. Hulk knock Thanos around, etc. Something was up in that comic, and using this when Thanos has taken real Thor shots in the past to no real effect seems odd. Might as well bring up Thor low showings if this is the way we're going.

Thanos would have had to been conscious to have gotten away there.

amnesia
Still a clone.

Oh? Scans then?

Right, amped Thor.

Right, amped Thor.

I saw a level 10 Spider-Man almost drop Thanos supposedly amped with a kick. Iron Man put Thanos on his knees. Hulk knock Thanos around, etc. Something was up in that comic, and using this when Thanos has taken real Thor shots in the past to no real effect seems odd. Might as well bring up Thor low showings if this is the way we're going.

Or is it a spider-man high showing?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos beats Thor convincingly

Rage.Of.Olympus
Still a clone.

Oh? Scans then?

Right, amped Thor.

Right, amped Thor.

A highly amped clone that was about to bring death to the Universe.

This are the only scans I have on hand.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AmpedThanosDefeated.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AmpedThanosdefeated4.jpg

It amped his strength and not his durability.

no expression

I think you need to re-read Infinity Gauntlet #4.

Spider-Man did absolutely nothing but turn Thanos' head.

Iron Man is able to bring Thanos down to one knee with a surprise repulsor blast while he was specifically stated to be off balance and falling forward. We literally see Thanos unharmed in the panel right after. I'm not even sure that Thanos was knocked down to one knee.

The Hulk knocked Thanos around? The closest he came to doing that was when and Drax grab Thanos from behind and send him flying. They pounce him, repeatedly punching him and their attacks do completely nothing. I recall him literally smiling.

At most I recall the attacks of the other Avenger's turning Thanos' head.

I can't see how you can compare the above scenes to Masterson literally laying Thanos out to the point we see him lying on the ground completely limb.

None of the attacks I recall before and after Thor were anywhere near as effective against Thanos physically.

So after Thor knocked him the hell out, he regained conscious right before the explosion. Just enough time to teleport out. Lucky Thanos.

I'll continue this later. I'm already late.

Blanket
A highly amped clone that was about to bring death to the Universe.

This are the only scans I have on hand.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AmpedThanosDefeated.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AmpedThanosdefeated4.jpg

It amped his strength and not his durability.

no expression

I think you need to re-read Infinity Gauntlet #4.

Spider-Man did absolutely nothing but turn Thanos' head.

Iron Man is able to bring Thanos down to one knee with a surprise repulsor blast while he was specifically stated to be off balance and falling forward. We literally see Thanos unharmed in the panel right after. I'm not even sure that Thanos was knocked down to one knee.

The Hulk knocked Thanos around? The closest he came to doing that was when and Drax grab Thanos from behind and send him flying. They pounce him, repeatedly punching him and their attacks do completely nothing. I recall him literally smiling.

At most I recall the attacks of the other Avenger's turning Thanos' head.

I can't see how you can compare the above scenes to Masterson literally laying Thanos out to the point we see him lying on the ground completely limb.

None of the attacks I recall before and after Thor were anywhere near as effective against Thanos physically.

So after Thor knocked him the hell out, he regained conscious right before the explosion. Just enough time to teleport out. Lucky Thanos.

I'll continue this later. I'm already late. A clone with a power up. Thor was still ineffective against said clone without a power up though.

Oh?
And a shield's purpose is for strength and not defense then? The armor was fused with the Odin power. The armor withstood attacks from Thanos. The armor let Odin power flow through Thor's veins. The armor increased his durability, or at the very least, helped withstand against said attacks... either way... it wasn't Thor's regular durability that accomplished this.
I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue in all honesty. There's two quotes from your scans that go with durability, and the whole thing as a whole goes with durability. Nothing supports your case.

Attacks that should have been easily brushed off is my point. Spider-Man shouldn't have been able to knock Thanos back. Iron Man's repulser shouldn't have been able to do anything. Cyclops cutting off his blast shouldn't have had any impact since Thanos should have been able to swat it away. Hulk and Drax shouldn't have had been able to toss him around so easily. Also, Hulk had Thanos up against a wall thinking he had him done.
They don't have to be anywhere near as effective as Thor's hits for you to see a pattern. Thanos was written down. Like I said before, and even you brought up the past fights... REAL Thor wasn't anywhere near as effective as Masterson Thor was, even with powerups.

lol
That's pretty likely. Or he just didn't get knocked out like he shouldn't have. Hell, a hammer throw of that magnitude should have put regular Thanos in a coma if we go by #4.

If by continue, you keep trying to argue about Thanos' lowest feat as if it's viable here... then yes, I guess you will continue.
I mean, I'd love to here the explanation of why real Thor with the Power Gem didn't one shot Thanos, if we're going to take this as proof.

OneDumbG0
That was a weaker pre resurrection Thanos that 2 shotted Thor BTW, this never happened. Common misconception I've seen floating around. Pre-Death upgraded Thanos did two-shot Thor to his knees, but Thanos himself stated that he needed a few more shots to put Thor down before he was killed by Adam Warlock.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by amnesia
Or is it a spider-man high showing? it's an average showing for him cool I keep telling you guys this but noone listens...

OneDumbG0
A clone with a power up. Thor was still ineffective against said clone without a power up though. Thor kinda beat up that Thanosi before either obtained their powerups though...

Blanket
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Thor kinda beat up that Thanosi before either obtained their powerups though... You mean when he fired the anti-force blast without so much as scuffing his shoes?

OneDumbG0
You mean when he fired the anti-force blast without so much as scuffing his shoes? I mean when he (i) absorbed the Thanosi' eyeblasts with Mjolnir and returned them a hundred-fold back onto the Thanosi, and then (ii) immediately followed that up with directing the power of the most powerful storms against the Thanosi, and then (iii) immediately followed up that assault with a bolt of pure Anti-Force...

... which sent that Thanosi flying off-panel for a few pages until Mangog ambushed Thor from behind and the Thanosi eventually came back over. Thor's version of a "combo-to-ko."

Also... I must shoot myself for uttering such blasphemous terminology: over

Blanket
I mean when he (i) absorbed the Thanosi' eyeblasts with Mjolnir and returned them a hundred-fold back onto the Thanosi, and then (ii) immediately followed that up with directing the power of the most powerful storms against the Thanosi, and then (iii) immediately followed up that assault with a bolt of pure Anti-Force...

... which sent that Thanosi flying off-panel for a few pages until Mangog ambushed Thor from behind and the Thanosi eventually came back over. Thor's version of a "combo-to-ko."

Also... I must shoot myself for uttering such blasphemous terminology: over Right, without scuffing his shoes, or even hurting him seemingly.

zeel
Originally posted by h1a8
This would be a good fight as Thor fighting to his best ability will absorb all of Thanos blasts and send them back 10 fold. I figure Thanos can hurt himself with his own blasts (especially those 10x stronger).

Thor with his top non holding back strength is no joke (one shotting moons, punching 700lb beings into orbit, etc.) . He has the ability to rock Thanos hard and possibly has the speed to combo him to ko too.

thors puts up bout as good of fight against thanos that supes would. Then he dies.

OneDumbG0
Right, without scuffing his shoes, or even hurting him seemingly. "Seemingly" to you. "Got knocked on his ass" to me. sneer

Blanket
"Seemingly" to you. "Got knocked on his ass" to me. sneer Either way, still not getting beat. His cock is too big for Thor.

OneDumbG0
^ "kinda beat up" =/= "beat." But I know you weren't insinuating I said the latter... uhuh

... because if you were... crackers

Blanket
^ "kinda beat up" =/= "beat." But I know you weren't insinuating I said the latter... uhuh

... because if you were... crackers

Even if he did all this, he was still ineffective against Thanos clone in the long run.

OneDumbG0
^ The Thanosi having Mangog around to help him out will do that for you. ahah

Blanket
^ The Thanosi having Mangog around to help him out will do that for you. ahah Oh, that's right. He was also more powerful than Mangog.

OneDumbG0
^ And Thor eventually beat Mangog's ass down despite getting pummeled near to death. uhuh

Blanket
^ And Thor eventually beat Mangog's ass down despite getting pummeled near to death. uhuh With cheapshots.

DarkOdin
With cheapshots. laughing out loud Thor gets ambused from behind and Thor only beat mangog by cheap shotting him erm

OneDumbG0
With cheapshots. Right. Mangog did have the benefit of Tarakis cheap-shotting Thor right before Mangog pummeled Thor near to death. biscuits

Blanket
Originally posted by DarkOdin
laughing out loud Thor gets ambused from behind and Thor only beat mangog by cheap shotting him erm Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Right. Mangog did have the benefit of Tarakis cheap-shotting Thor right before Mangog pummeled Thor near to death. biscuits

Irrelevant, but ok.

quanchi112
BTW, this never happened. Common misconception I've seen floating around. Pre-Death upgraded Thanos did two-shot Thor to his knees, but Thanos himself stated that he needed a few more shots to put Thor down before he was killed by Adam Warlock. Thanos has always been portrayed well above Thor. Accept reality, brah.

BattleMage

He wasn't lowering his durability now was he? It was made clear that Masterson's attacks can rock Thanos just like Thanos' attacks can affect Thor.

Thanos putting down Thor with a few energy blasts -more than 2- is as likely as Thor putting down Thanos with 1 hammer throw. Both instances happened with some level of surprise being involved as well. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos has always been portrayed well above Thor. Accept reality, brah.

Are you willing to bet on that?

Starscream M
Are you willing to bet on that? stop playing semantics...he obviously means generally thanos has been portrayed far above thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
stop playing semantics...he obviously means generally thanos has been portrayed far above thor

It's f*cking Quan. He would bet on it, and then why I posted the scans he'd just ignore them.

I don't have to play semantics with him to expose his idiocy.

Starscream M
It's f*cking Quan. He would bet on it, and then why I posted the scans he'd just ignore them.

I don't have to play semantics with him to expose his idiocy. but you do accept thanos is far above thor, right?

Rage.Of.Olympus
but you do accept thanos is far above thor, right?

His not far above Thor. He should have the physical edge/advantage on average, and I'd favor him in a fight on an regular day but that's it.

the Darkone
His not far above Thor. He should have the physical edge/advantage on average, and I'd favor him in a fight on an regular day but that's it.

I agree with that ^. Of all the Marvel Superheroes Thor and Warlock are the only beings under Skyfather that have a real shot of beating Thanos.

I believe Thanos is stronger than Thor but not by that much but still it's advantage though. Thor and Thanos are pretty much equals in energy output, durability they both can take some serious damage, intelligence is not even close Thanos is Richards 10x, thanos has the advantage by via Death with his upgrades has surpass Thor. If Marvel can tap into Thor bloodline of Gaea maybe given him more abilites like geomorph, biosphere energy like Tyrants then that would put Thor in Thanos class, just my imo of course.

Thanos wins the majority but he will have to earn it everytime, Thanos as bad as he is even he can not stand up too numerious planet busting blows from the hammer even Thanos has his limits.

quanchi112
Are you willing to bet on that? Yes, why wouldn't I? Do you read their encounters?

quanchi112
His not far above Thor. He should have the physical edge/advantage on average, and I'd favor him in a fight on an regular day but that's it. Is Odin far above Thor?

The Nuul
Thanos slaughters normal Thor and lulz @ H1's post.

Lulz @ PG Thor stomping Thanos, even when they pretty much almost stalemated each other.

Thanos is closer to skyfather than HH level like Thor.

Parmaniac
Why is this lasting 5 pages?

The Nuul
Thor fanboys.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Is Odin far above Thor?

Sure but Thanos isnt Odins equal and he sure as hell isnt close to it. Just because Thanos took a physical beating from Odin doesnt make him his equal, especially since he couldnt cause any kind of physical harm or a scratch on Odin.

So overall, your question was pointless.

OneDumbG0
^ Could not be restated any better. thumb up

The Nuul
However, Thanos did last a lot longer than Thor vs Odin.

mykke
Originally posted by The Nuul
Thor fanboys.
Agreed and the worst part is most of them are so against the thanos fanboys on this site. Thor is not beating thanos I do not think thanos stomps but I also do not believe Thor can take any wins. Thanos has to fight for the wins but he is far far to durable smart and powerful to lose to Thor..

illadelph12
Thanos is definitely more dur-able... durpot

durimshot

amnesia
Originally posted by illadelph12
Thanos is definitely more dur-able... durpot

durimshot

oh, puns... How i love them.

h1a8
Originally posted by mykke
Agreed and the worst part is most of them are so against the thanos fanboys on this site. Thor is not beating thanos I do not think thanos stomps but I also do not believe Thor can take any wins. Thanos has to fight for the wins but he is far far to durable smart and powerful to lose to Thor..

Thor fighting to his best can't be hit by Thanos. Any blasts thrown at him will be absorbed and sent back at Thanos 10 fold. IMO Thanos can't take one of his blasts that is 10 fold in power. Plus Thor's hammer strikes will rock the hell out of Thanos.

Black bolt z
Thanos stomps.Even a pre-death thanos was shown to be massivly superior to thor.

Blanket

h1a8
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thanos stomps.Even a pre-death thanos was shown to be massivly superior to thor.

You have to not take how fights occur in comics too seriously. The outcome of these fights are for the sake of the plot and not what will really happen in REAL life or a forum fight for that matter. That is one of the reasons ABC logic often fails. Fights are generally like Rock Paper Scissors. That is the beauty of debate and analysis. We must not be lazy and try to figure out how the fight will go down if both characters are fighting to their best.

Thor fighting to his best can't be hit by Thanos. Any blasts thrown at him will be absorbed and sent back at Thanos 10 fold. IMO Thanos can't take one of his blasts that is 10 fold in power. Plus Thor's hammer strikes will rock the hell out of Thanos.

If you disagree then point out a strategy that Thanos would employ to net him the win.

psycho gundam
Thor fighting to his best can't be hit by Thanos. Any blasts thrown at him will be absorbed and sent back at Thanos 10 fold. IMO Thanos can't take one of his blasts that is 10 fold in power. Plus Thor's hammer strikes will rock the hell out of Thanos. a thanosi already did all that.

h1a8
^did what?

the Darkone
^did what?

You just showed your ignorance once again. Thanos Clone Thanosi took his own blast and came back to battle Thor, it's not 10 fold it's was 100 fold that Thor sent back to Thanosi and he survied. Thanosi was more powerful than modern day Mangog and that alone says a lot, and Thanosi is still weaker than original Thanos.

Thanos will defeated Thor but it wont be easy for him unlike Silver Surfer where Thanos owns him like a hoe on the street corner, Thor is warrior/God and won't give up and has more options. Thanos is smart and not stupid if he go's head up with Thor w/ hammer and all he will get f**k up but he will still win.

Thanos will beat Thor for the majority everytime, but I would be suprise if Thor defeats him since he does have the powerset to challenge him and grab a few victories, Thor and Adam Warlock are the few beings that can defeat Thanos without it beings PIS.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
I realize what you're attacking, but in the end, you're using scans from IG that go against absolutely everything to counter something that goes against none of the Thanos/Thor battles, besides that one.

That incident was the closest Thanos ever came to putting Thor down under his own power.

Thor simply done better against Thanos than vise versa if we low ball. Dem's the breaks. I'll not use that scene as my sole reasoning for Thor beating Thanos, so don't worry our pretty little head.

Still, it's no surprise Thanos does his best to avoid getting he by a Mjolnir throw.

In the end, you're still defending Thor no matter what happens. Two shotted, three shotted, 10 shotted, it doesn't matter. Thor still went on his knees helpless at the time. Bringing up something like you brought up really makes it hard for you to "well, I only brought it up because they brought up this!!!". erm

That's kind of my shtick if you haven't noticed.

And in the end, Thanos was still KTFO while amped. No two ways around it. If your going to use that type of unwavering logic, so am I.

Counter idiotic statements with idiotic proof solves nothing.

Lmao at the hypocrisy.

Also, you're still arguing with me on this detail, and you're acting annoyed, so I figure you have some sort of belief in it.

I get annoyed when I encounter stupidity.

Then don't low ball him when I make a small quip about it, simple really. Otherwise people start believing your low balling. erm

You started by this debate by posting nonsensical bullshit about how everyone was knocking Thanos around, and Thor would only be slightly above Spider-Man in that issue.

Now that I've called you on it, your suddenly all hesitant. Next time keep your mouth shut. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Nihilist
Thor has never beaten Thanos or come close without pis and Warlock has only ever beaten Thanos through a massive amp\plot device

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos has never beaten Thor without resorting to a weapon, the coward.

Starscream M
Thanos has never beaten Thor without resorting to a weapon, the coward. what weapon? thanos could beat thor with his fists alone.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He never gave it a name. He used it to encase Thor in a block of pure force. Some time manipulation was involved as well according to Odin.

But he never has!!!!

Nihilist
He had him beat when Thor needed Things help, Thor was prone for 2 pages at Thanos mercy and was saved by the other heroes turning up.

Starscream M

But he never has!!!! so...doesn't mean he can't

thanos is far stronger than thor...physically, he'd manhandle thor like a ragdoll

Rage.Of.Olympus
He had him beat when Thor needed Things help, Thor was prone for 2 pages at Thanos mercy and was saved by the other heroes turning up.

He had the advantage but he never defeated Thor. The magic of the Thanos camp. Knock outs aren't knock outs. Beat downs are stalemates.

Logic and Thanos' dialogue dictates that he kept on attacking Thor. There was a reason why he stated he'd follow up with more blasts that would eventually bring Thor down like they did the Thing. Apparently still not enough.

Thanos was able to bring Thor to his knees in that issue. Thor was able to put Thanos on his ass with the help of the Thing in the same issue.

Rage.Of.Olympus
so...doesn't mean he can't

thanos is far stronger than thor...physically, he'd manhandle thor like a ragdoll

Sure.

Except he never has. The closest his ever come to doing that is when Thor jumps at Thanos, and while his in midair, Thanos knocks Thor over him.

Let me ask you a question.

Why is Thanos far stronger than Thor physically?

Starscream M

Why is Thanos far stronger than Thor physically? he's held his own against Odin for awhile and Odin was only able to beat him using a weapon

so yeah that puts thanos far above thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
he's held his own against Odin for awhile and Odin was only able to beat him using a weapon

so yeah that puts thanos far above thor

1) He was getting beat down.
2) Gungnir does nothing but channel Odin's power. At least back then.
3) Thor has not only also withstood attacks from Odin (Including a blast from Gungnir). His also literally outperformed Odin. On more than one occasion strangely enough.

Thanos' highs aren't higher than Thor's highs. Not at all.

Luckily his lows were retconned.

Starscream M
1) He was getting beat down.
2) Gungnir does nothing but channel Odin's power. At least back then.
3) Thor has not only also withstood attacks from Odin (Including a blast from Gungnir). His also literally outperformed Odin. On more than one occasion strangely enough.

Thanos' highs aren't higher than Thor's highs. Not at all.

Luckily his lows were retconned. he was holding his own against odin. and gugnir does boost odin's power or else he wouldn't have needed it.

how did thor outperform odin (you sure there wasn't some context or plotdevice)

Rage.Of.Olympus
he was holding his own against odin. and gugnir does boost odin's power or else he wouldn't have needed it.

how did thor outperform odin (you sure there wasn't some context or plotdevice)

Why not. People can have different definitions.

Not from what I've seen. I even recall a bio stating that all it does is channel his power. It's highly durable and also has the capabilities of returning to him not unlike Mjolnir as I recall. Even Odin's scepter is nothing but a conduit for Odin.

Off the top of my head:

1) Thor tanks attacks that punctured through the Odin Destroyer (Odin+All of Asgard+Energy from the Skyfather heads) and damages a Celestial that was shrugging off the blows of the Odin Destroyer.

2) Thor with double the strength was able to break through Exitar's shell and using the God Blast was able to break through his brain dome. An energy bolt possessing the combined power of Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu -who are all Skyfathers- couldn't even dent Arishem. Exitar > Arishem. Thor also tossed the Odinsword through Arishem, but that's not completely fair.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos beat Thor with some effort but not a lot

Starscream M

Off the top of my head:

1) Thor tanks attacks that punctured through the Odin Destroyer (Odin+All of Asgard+Energy from the Skyfather heads) and damages a Celestial that was shrugging off the blows of the Odin Destroyer.

2) Thor with double the strength was able to break through Exitar's shell and using the God Blast was able to break through his brain dome. An energy bolt possessing the combined power of Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu who are all Skyfathers couldn't even dent Arishem. Exitar > Arishem. Thor also tossed the Odinsword through Arishem. if you accept that, then I guess you think thor is more powerful than galactus as well

Rage.Of.Olympus
if you accept that, then I guess you think thor is more powerful than galactus as well

Hey, you're the one who started bringing up the high showings.

mhmm

You know, I could probably make a case for that if I tried. The Beyonder did state that Thor was a being with great power not unlike himself.

Thor did have Galactus running for the hills in fear of his life and caused him pain unlike any he had ever felt with a throw. It would explain the reason as to why Galactus went to Thor for help when Ego had grown to the point he was more powerful than him.

vin

You know what? Any time Thor doesn't stop Galactus is P.I.S.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Sometimes you're a complete tool... You admit that Thanos was just toying with the heroes.. as evidence of them effecting him when nobody should have done a thing... Yet believe that M. Thor was the exception and Thanos was trying when he faced him.. and thus an impressive showing for M. Thor? LOL LOL. Are you kidding me? HE WAS TOYING WITH ALL THE HEROES. PERIOD. That includes M. Thor that includes ALL OF THEM. So nothing anybody did in those PIS scenes proves a damn thing. Thanos casually pwns Eternity yet you think M. Thor knocking him down wasn't him playing with the heroes just like you claim he was with others? Do you try and act like a tool sometimes or does that just come naturally?

You know, it would help if you read my entire post -twice- and understood what I was saying instead of rambling on like an idiot about how much of a tool I am. Which is ironic.

Of course he was toying with the heroes. He was actively turning down the all knowing aspect to give them a fighting chance while casually killing them with a smile on his face. He was having fun with them.

I acknowledge this. However, this doesn't change what Masterson Thor did. At all. Thanos wasn't actively turning down his durability to levels below say even his original ones -I know you wish that was the case- nor would he allow himself to be knocked out or taken out in anyway. It wasn't Thanos' plan to end up down on the ground limp, with Doom moments away from getting the gauntlet.

Why is this so hard to grasp? Is common sense something that the hardcore Thanos camp naturally lacks?

You can call the scenes P.I.S. I don't care. I won't bring them up in even a semi serious argument unless someone tries to low ball Thor or get into a game of "Who's done worse to who" like you and I did in a previous argument.

Naija boy
Thanos 10/10. really shouldnt be much debate

Warlord
^You're thinking Surfer. Surfer looses 10/10

Thor get 1/10...hammer

Gecko4lif
Thanos isnt all that strong until he amps himself

EVERY SINGLE one of his impressive strength feats have been with glowy fists

Warlord
that's just for show...wink

Estacado
Cant wait to see Thanos kick the ass of cancer verse Thor....

Nihilist
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Thanos isnt all that strong until he amps himself

EVERY SINGLE one of his impressive strength feats have been with glowy fists
Wrong, he punched PG Thor through the floor without his glowing fists

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Estacado
Cant wait to see Thanos kick the ass of cancer verse Thor....

Oh, so beating alternate incarnations or say...clones counts for something now?

Cool. Noted.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wrong, he punched PG Thor through the floor without his glowing fists

You consider punching a 600lbs being through a metallic floor from behind -I still don't know how that worked- impressive?

srug

iceman24567
I found it impressive

Nihilist
Lol,they were fighting.

I love how you try to twist things, make things up and ignore comtinuity to suit your Thorbag need, like how you try to use a amped Thor beating a clone yet don't mention a Thanos clone taking a hammer shot from Thor and swatting him away like a fly during Celestial quest..

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
EVERY SINGLE one of his impressive strength feats have been with glowy fists erm

Black bolt z
Thanos easily....Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You consider punching a 600lbs being through a metallic floor from behind -I still don't know how that worked- impressive?

srug In thier minds.

psycho gundam
http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/punch.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
So nothing the Thing couldn't do?

Lol,they were fighting.

I love how you try to twist things, make things up and ignore comtinuity to suit your Thorbag need, like how you try to use a amped Thor beating a clone yet don't mention a Thanos clone taking a hammer shot from Thor and swatting him away like a fly during Celestial quest..

I know. Somehow Thanos ended up pounding him from behind. I never understood how that worked out.

Lmao. Don't make accusations you can back up son. I don't need to make shit up or twist anything. The almighty Thor provides all the evidence I need.

When did I ever use Thor beating the Thanos clone as evidence for anything? Quote me. Please.

The only two three instances that I would ever use for evidence, are:

1) When Thor absorbs and redirects the clones attack in their first real battle.
2) When Thor tanks an energy web.
3) When Thor tanked two punches.

Thor defeated and beat down the clone when he had the belt of strength. I wouldn't use that as evidence. Better yet, how about you quote me to support that accusation.

How am I at fault for not mentioning that scene? I'm sure if the events surrounding a clone became suddenly very important you'd let me know.

As I recall the hammer throw did nothing more than knock Thanos forward a bit, while at the same time, his blast of energy, telekinesis or whatever the hell that blue glow was did nothing but knock Thor back or off his feet. I know he was completely unharmed.

That Thanos clone was doing random shit like draining a soul to merge two beings into a god of a new pantheon etc. I recall thinking that he was incredibly powerful.

iceman24567

I know. Somehow Thanos ended up pounding him from behind. I never understood how that worked out.
Interesting did Thor like it?

Rage.Of.Olympus
This isn't Superman we're talking about.

iceman24567
This isn't Superman we're talking about. Except Superman would do the giving not the receiving eek!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by iceman24567
Except Superman would do the giving not the receiving eek!

I think Batman would have something to say about that.

psycho gundam

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1841/bengrimm9wa.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4256/bengrimm26av.jpg

nope smile and take note that was pre-death thanos, same thanos that took on thing and classic thor simultaneously

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1841/bengrimm9wa.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4256/bengrimm26av.jpg

nope smile

note* that was pre-death thanos

ermm

I'm well aware of that scene. Apparently some pro Thanos posters aren't since they act as if the Thing would have given Thor anything resembling noteworthy in terms of help in the following battle.

I was referring to the scene where the Thing takes on the Champion in a boxing match.

psycho gundam
nah man, champ was going to kill him, it's a hell of a willpower/stamina feat for the thing but you must consider the stakes he was fighting for. thanos oneshoted him here and his smoldering corpse puts champion to shame.

though, we must remember that champion had the power gem when he fought thanos. thor had the power gem when he fought thanos a time (+ "warrior madness"wink and thanos did pretty well so there is consistancy there.

thanos being stronger than unamped thor is completely credible.

KuRuPT Thanosi
nah man, champ was going to kill him, it's a hell of a willpower/stamina feat for the thing but you must consider the stakes he was fighting for. thanos oneshoted him here and his smoldering corpse puts champion to shame.

though, we must remember that champion had the power gem when he fought thanos. thor had the power gem when he fought thanos a time (+ "warrior madness"wink and thanos did pretty well so there is consistancy there.

Was there even a question about this? Rage even admits thanos is stronger in pretty much every area. I didn't think this was debatable still. I'm not sure why this thread is still open nor why it has gone on this long. It's almost on the verge of spite. Even if you believe Thor can give Thanos a good fight.. cool... I tend to agree, but only when Thor is written very well and at a high level. Yet, even then we don't think thor can take a majority... so how is this not closed?

Rage.Of.Olympus

How well the Thing would do and has done against Thanos has no importance here at all. You posted a scan of Thanos knocking the Champion backwards. I stated -jokingly by the way- that it was nothing the Thing couldn't do.

I don't care if either Thanos or Champion would decimate the Thing. And it should be noted that it wasn't completely one sided. As I recall, the Thing shattered Champion's ribs and gave in some good licks.

You actually made a good point as I forgot that the Champion did not have the Power Gem at the time of his fight with the Thing. If Thanos punched Champion in that scene from a head to head starting position, I concede. Thanos might not have done any damage but I don't think the Thing can budge him to that extent straight up. Not when the Champion has the Power Gem. Although, I recall Thanos grabbing Champion's hair from behind and then socking him. The Thing could accomplish that. Champion is a physical beast but he can be taken by surprise.

Do you really want to start a Thanos/Thor debate?

Thor was not under Warrior Madness in Blood and Thunder. What consistency are you referring to? Thanos being able to fight Power Gem wielders? Sure. The same can be said for Thor looking back at his record with Drax.

Thanos should have the edge on regular Thor physically. At least on average.

My initial point stands. The Thing wouldn't have added anything significant to the scuffle that included Thor with Thanos outside a distraction or an annoyance.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Was there even a question about this? Rage even admits thanos is stronger in pretty much every area. I didn't think this was debatable still. I'm not sure why this thread is still open nor why it has gone on this long. It's almost on the verge of spite. Even if you believe Thor can give Thanos a good fight.. cool... I tend to agree, but only when Thor is written very well and at a high level. Yet, even then we don't think thor can take a majority... so how is this not closed?

Lmao at spite.

If Thor was written very well and at a high level, he'd stalemate Thanos at least.

High end Thor feats are up there with Thanos'.

The Nuul
High end Thanos feats are up there with Odin......innuendur

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

High end Odin has the power to warp reality itself and creates alternate dimensions. High end Odin busts Galaxies and has a rogue personality threatening to destroy the Universe.

The Nuul
Not with High end Odin feats, just up there with Odin, so low end.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh, my bad.

the Darkone
Oh, my bad.

I was about to say rage, I was about to come through the damn computer and beat you hammer with my Thor hammers!

Rage.Of.Olympus
vin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>