True Blood vs Vampire Diaries

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Hi all,

This isn't about which show is better, but rather which vampires are stronger.

Damon Salvatore

http://tcorona.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/damon-salvatore-promo_328x394.jpg

vs

Bill Compton

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/bill-compton-pic.jpg

Both have very similar powers, Damon has a few more little tricks, however, not very useful in combat. Both also aged around 170 years old.

Here are some feats from Damon, I figure True Blood is much more popular and Bill needs to introduction:

2pC8AGc72uo
Vei8lkP_8Ks

I thought Damon and Bill would be a good matchup between the two shows, but feel free to discuss other characters, e.g Lexi

IH2eRLomJ7g

Eric Northman, Godrick, Pearl etc...

helen123
wow, the pics look quite terrible.

MildPossession
Neither. As for the shows, no comparison. True Blood.

Placidity
Originally posted by MildPossession
Neither.

meaning...?

Greysen93
True Blood is much better.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Greysen93
True Blood is much better.

Dude... you have truly awful taste. True Blood (like Being Human UK) has gotten exponentially worse with every season to the point that it is now awful. True Blood had one good season - which was obviously the first one - season two was alright, but season three and four were bad. Barely watchable bad. Vampire Diaries started off slow in season one but ramped up, getting progressively better each episode until the finale and then season two was even better. Season three has been a let down, but even then VD has never hit the lows True Blood has... because True Blood has entire seasons comfortable chilling in the Marianas Trench of awfulness.

Maybe TB will better this season with a new show runner, but as it stands right now, and as funny as it is to say, the CW has a better show than HBO.

Also Damon would rip Bill's heart out.

Greysen93
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Dude... you have truly awful taste. True Blood (like Being Human UK) has gotten exponentially worse with every season to the point that it is now awful. True Blood had one good season - which was obviously the first one - season two was alright, but season three and four were bad. Barely watchable bad. Vampire Diaries started off slow in season one but ramped up, getting progressively better each episode until the finale and then season two was even better. Season three has been a let down, but even then VD has never hit the lows True Blood has... because True Blood has entire seasons comfortable chilling in the Marianas Trench of awfulness.

Maybe TB will better this season with a new show runner, but as it stands right now, and as funny as it is to say, the CW has a better show than HBO.

Also Damon would rip Bill's heart out. You have extremely awful tastes then for not thinking True Blood isn't good. It destroys the vampire diaries. And Damon would do no such thing.

srankmissingnin
You have extremely awful tastes then for not thinking True Blood isn't good.

I don't not think True Blood isn't good, I do think - Actually I don't think it isn't good, I know it isn't good, my opinion doesn't factor in to the equation at all. On all points that could be used to objectively measure the quality of a show True Blood falls well short of the mark - it isn't good... I just said that... in the post you were quoting.

In case that all went above your head, the wording of your post accused anyone of liking True Blood of having bad taste. I'm glade you agree that anyone who doesn't think True Blood isn't good has bad taste though. cool

The only thing True Blood does better than VD is show frontal nudity.

Greysen93
I don't not think True Blood isn't good, I do think - Actually I don't think it isn't good, I know it isn't good, my opinion doesn't factor in to the equation at all. On all points that could be used to objectively measure the quality of a show True Blood falls well short of the mark - it isn't good... I just said that... in the post you were quoting.

In case that all went above your head, the wording of your post accused anyone of liking True Blood of having bad taste. I'm glade you agree that anyone who doesn't think True Blood isn't good has bad taste though. cool

The only thing True Blood does better than VD is show frontal nudity. Oh I see I wrote it wrong thanks for pointing that out. evil face. But True Blood is great. I don't know how anyone can think that Vampire Diaries is better than True Blood. And no frontal nudity is not the only thing that it has better, pretty much everything in True Blood is better.

srankmissingnin
Oh I see I wrote it wrong thanks for pointing that out. evil face. But True Blood is great. I don't know how anyone can think that Vampire Diaries is better than True Blood. And no frontal nudity is not the only thing that it has better, pretty much everything in True Blood is better.

True Blood is awful. It's like a pool of stagnate water, the writers can't committee to anything and they stretch three episodes worth of story into a twelve episode season. Vampire Diaries could have done the entire four season story of True Blood in one... and they would have done it better. True Blood is about as exciting as a Terrence Malick film... and the writing is ****ing awful. Do you want to know why the non nonchalantly mentioned zombies off the cough a dozen times last season? Because dollars to donuts there will be zombies this season (you think Tara is dead? True Blood can't commit to killing anyone... time for zombie Tara! Slightly less irritating than lesbian cage fighting Tara). True Blood is about as subtle as sledge hammer to the face. It is a show for sexually repressed middle aged women who want to see Bill, Eric and Alcide in a four way with Sookie. The show is awful. Awful.

One good season doesn't give all the subsequent seasons immunity from critic if they happen to be terrible.

srankmissingnin
Double post

Mindset
VD is a lot better than TB.

Erik, Godric (dead), and Russel are the only good things about TB.

Greysen93
True Blood is awful. It's like a pool of stagnate water, the writers can't committee to anything and they stretch three episodes worth of story into a twelve episode season. Vampire Diaries could have done the entire four season story of True Blood in one... and they would have done it better. True Blood is about as exciting as a Terrence Malick film... and the writing is ****ing awful. Do you want to know why the non nonchalantly mentioned zombies off the cough a dozen times last season? Because dollars to donuts there will be zombies this season (you think Tara is dead? True Blood can't commit to killing anyone... time for zombie Tara! Slightly less irritating than lesbian cage fighting Tara). True Blood is about as subtle as sledge hammer to the face. It is a show for sexually repressed middle aged women who want to see Bill, Eric and Alcide in a four way with Sookie. The show is awful. Awful.

One good season doesn't give all the subsequent seasons immunity from critic if they happen to be terrible. Ha this is fun. But, to be on topic True Blood is ****ing amazing. They stretch it out like that, so people won't die from awesomeness. If they made the entire story for each season in 3 episodes, people would die from shock, do you think they want that. If Vampire Diaries would have tried to do that it would've failed, because Vampire Diaries sucks in comparison.

Greysen93
Originally posted by Mindset

Erik, Godric (dead), and Russel are the only good things about TB. In no way is VD better than TB. I don't know Bill can get some stuff done when he wants.

srankmissingnin
Ha this is fun. But, to be on topic True Blood is ****ing amazing. They stretch it out like that, so people won't die from awesomeness. If they made the entire story for each season in 3 episodes, people would die from shock, do you think they want that. If Vampire Diaries would have tried to do that it would've failed, because Vampire Diaries sucks in comparison.

They stretch it out like that because of the staggering levels of incompetence of everyone on the writing staff. People would die of shock from what exactly? True Blood is about as shocking as a documentary on stamp collecting. 45 minutes of Sookie making googly eyes at Erik / Bill / Alcide / Sam, with periodic bits of nudity and terrible sub plots from terrible ancillary characters sprinkled in intermittently.

Are you thirteen years old?

Erik, Godric (dead), and Russel are the only good things about TB.

Erik was awful last season. Neutered sissy baby man Erik.

the ninjak
I couldn't watch the 3rd season of True Blood.

And yet I'm still watching Vampire Diaries.

So Vampire Diaries wins.

Mindset
In no way is VD better than TB. I don't know Bill can get some stuff done when he wants. VD has better characters and a coherent storyline.

TB was good its first few seasons, but it's mediocre at best now with some good episodes thrown in. VD is consistently better at everything.

Greysen93
They stretch it out like that because of the staggering levels of incompetence of everyone on the writing staff. People would die of shock from what exactly? True Blood is about as shocking as a documentary on stamp collecting. 45 minutes of Sookie making googly eyes at Erik / Bill / Alcide / Sam, with periodic bits of nudity and terrible sub plots from terrible ancillary characters sprinkled in intermittently.

Are you thirteen years old?

Erik was awful last season. Neutered sissy baby man Erik. You would die of shock because of how awesome it would be. Now nothing is more shocking as an stamp collection documentary though. 45 minutes of shit going down. No, I'm 5.

Greysen93
VD has better characters and a coherent storyline.

TB was good its first few seasons, but it's mediocre at best now with some good episodes thrown in. VD is consistently better at everything. VD is consistenly worse at everything.

Mindset
Great rebuttal.

marwash22
not surprised Mindset is on the side of VD...

marwash22
I'm caught up to the 14th episode of the current season of Vampire Diaries and i didn't think i would like it as much as i do. Some stuff has been transparent and predictable, but there have been some cool surprises.

Strength, True Blood > Vampire Diaries.

Better show, True Blood < Vampire Diaries.

matching them up season versus season...

season 1: True Blood. (not even close)
season 2: Vampire Diaries. (not by much, almost a draw)
season 3: Vampire Diaries. (decent margin)

so far, the 14 eps of season 3 VD have been better than the 12 eps of season 3 TB.

Mindset
Originally posted by marwash22
not surprised Mindset is on the side of VD... Because I'm always right.

marwash22
there was a venereal disease joke in there.

Greysen93
Great rebuttal. I know right, I thought it was pretty clever Happy Dance Happy Dance

Greysen93
there was a venereal disease joke in there. smile

Mindset
there was a venereal disease joke in there. Now it's in you.

marwash22
I'm down with team VD.

~Bun Bun~
laughing out loud Think we missed the point of the whole V.S thing.

Good arguments about the shows, but this was susposed to be about the charaters. roll eyes (sarcastic)

In both shows the age of a vamp implies increase in strength and speed. So going off that alone for the moment...

Damon is (aprox) 169 years old.
Bill is 173 (according to wiki).
So age difference isn't much to tilt the scales to either one.

Bill is more humane than Damon (early season damon) but since they'd be going at one another that point is mute.

This is a tough one...

Damon acts impulsively often which leaves opening for vulnerability, or could be used as an element of surprise. Where as Bill seems to always have something up his sleve. Damon has those moments too and yet (I'd say) he is still more impulsive as Bill.

Damon has a daylight ring. A plus.
Bill has Sookie's blood, but not necessarily at his disposable. He's not dumb enough to come out during the day so...

Still even in my mind... (I'm posting this as it comes to mind so sorry about the rabbeling on)

Then we have weakness...

Both have a weakness for their women.
Bill- Silver, woodstakes, witches/necromancers
Damon- White oak from the original tree, werewolf bite, vervain (but has been ingesting it through out the years so he'd have to be drained of it first before it or compulsion can be used), witches.

So kinda still at a stale mate in my mind (without outside interference)

I'd like to see what you guys think happy

Placidity
If it was a random encounter I would probably give it to Damon. Bill will probably try to strike him, whereas Damon would go for the heart-rip straight away which he has demonstrated on so many occasions.

I was going to ask what about the Originals vs someone like Godric or Russell, but Originals can't be killed so (not by anymeans the True Blood Vamps have anyway)...

Mindset
Originals can be incapacitated though.

I think Godric and Russell could do it easily.

marwash22
pretty sure True Blood vamps are stronger.

Bill (170 yrs), who has been overpowered with ease by Russel (3000 yrs), was able to flip a trailer with people inside it, and uproot a tree using his bare hands.

Eric literally ripped a dude in half.

~Bun Bun~
Originally posted by Placidity
If it was a random encounter I would probably give it to Damon. Bill will probably try to strike him, whereas Damon would go for the heart-rip straight away which he has demonstrated on so many occasions.

I was going to ask what about the Originals vs someone like Godric or Russell, but Originals can't be killed so (not by anymeans the True Blood Vamps have anyway)...

I gotta agree. Damons not the "lets dance" type of guy.

Placidity
pretty sure True Blood vamps are stronger.

Bill (170 yrs), who has been overpowered with ease by Russel (3000 yrs), was able to flip a trailer with people inside it, and uproot a tree using his bare hands.

Eric literally ripped a dude in half.

Russell definitely has the better feats, but he and Godric are kinda exceptions I think due to their age.

I think Eric ripping someone in half can be easily replicated by VD Vamps. Even young vampires like Damon can strike through the sternum to get to the heart without effort. Also, Elijah cleanly karate-chopped some vamp's head off.

Also VD Vamps' compulsion is quicker and more effective than "glamoring".

That all said, I wish originals had more feats instead of relying on immortality and compulsion.

marwash22
That all said, I wish originals had more feats instead of relying on immortality and compulsion. ditto. Other than lifting people off the ground by the neck, the vamps in this show rarely show off their strength. Klaus (i think) recently broke the ground with a punch, but that's about it.

Speed seems to be fairly equal, but True Blood vamps (the old one anyhow) can fly.

chekinahmorales
Both of them are really good tv series but I prefer VD rather than TB. I really dont like those sucking and bitting scenes in TB. VD is much more decent than TB.

jhonebrin
Both Tv show are good..But my favorite is True blood

Francisco
True Blood hands down. VD is for teenage girls. Grown ups like TB.

jhonebrin
I love to watch True Blood...every episode entertain me...i never forget to watch online...

Mindset
Originally posted by Francisco
True Blood hands down. VD is for teenage girls. Grown ups like TB. TB is for old female virgins.

Francisco
TB is for old female virgins.

I'm neither old nor a female and much less a virgin yet I enjoy TB quite a lot. VD bores me to death. TB is funny as hell and raw...

Hell was it funny when Sam Merlot shifted back to human form inside of that vampire lady. LOL. Laughed for hours.

Mindset
I'm neither old nor a female and much less a virgin yet I enjoy TB quite a lot. VD bores me to death. TB is funny as hell and raw...

Hell was it funny when Sam Merlot shifted back to human form inside of that vampire lady. LOL. Laughed for hours. You sound like an old female virgin.

Francisco
You sound like an old female virgin.
Yeah whatever you say, girly. It's not my fault you have a crappy taste on tv shows.

Mindset
You like a show where a gay old vamp and a gay pastor vamp bang each other.

VD > TB

ThorinWoofer
I love both shows, but there is way too much gay shit in True Blood.

Francisco
I'm not prejudiced against gay people. To me all that gay stuff, the sex, nakedness and bizzaredness is just funny as hell. Sookie's brother hooking up with every woman in town. The sheriff banging and impregnating a Fairy... It's all funny as hell. Sam Merlot shapeshifting inside a vampire and making her explode all over the place funny as hell.
VD just can't compete... VD it's all about pretty people pretending to be monsters/witches/ skinny girl and shirtless guys showing their six-packs.

Mindset
"VD it's all about pretty people pretending to be monsters/witches"

no expression

" shirtless guys showing their six-packs"

Like the werewolf guy never wearing a shirt, or Eric?

There is more story and violence per episode in VD than TB has. TB has a weak incoherent story, with some nudity and momentary spurts of action. It's like they forget they need to have something actually happen until the season finale, and then they kill off their best characters.

VD > TB

Francisco
"VD it's all about pretty people pretending to be monsters/witches"

no expression

" shirtless guys showing their six-packs"

Like the werewolf guy never wearing a shirt, or Eric?

There is more story and violence per episode in VD than TB has. TB has a weak incoherent story, with some nudity and momentary spurts of action. It's like they forget they need to have something actually happen until the season finale, and then they kill off their best characters.

VD > TB

What are you talking about? They do have a lot of things happening but the storyline revolve more around the characters than events. It WAS about Tara adapting to her new life as a vampire. Bill downward spiral into the handlings of the vampiric authority and Salome's machinations. Russell edington's antics and his pursuit by both Bill and Eric. TB is a drama not an action show... They don't have a freak of the week that is vanquished at the end of each episode... TB is not trying to copy Buffy, Angel and Supernatural the way VD is doing it.

And I love the fact TB is not afraid of killing a character once it has fulfilled its porpose.

Mindset
You are truly hopeless. Tara is an awful character that they had no idea what to do with so just just turned her into a vampire hoping people would get interested. Bill's downward spiral that came out of nowhere for no reason, again, to get people interested in a character that lost interest. Russell was one of the more intriguing characters, and they didn't know what to do with him so they killed him off; this isn't GoT where you don't know who will die next because the story takes so many twists, this is a poorly written show that desperately tries to catch people's attention with w/e gimmick they can. TB is a drama with action, that's what is was when it started, that's what it still tries to be; just like VD is a drama with action, it just does it better. However, you think VD is trying to copy Buffy, Angel, and Supernatural, which shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

srankmissingnin
And I love the fact TB is not afraid of killing a character once it has fulfilled its porpose.

laughing

Dude... the biggest problem with True Blood is that it doesn't kill anyone off. Tara. Jason. Sam. Terry. Andy. Lafayette. Ect. Ect. Ect. There are SO MANY USELESS ANCILLARY CHARACTERS ON THE SHOW! A large cast of character is fine, lots of other shows deal with that... but those shows are created competently, so we don't see every. single. character in every. single. episode. True Blood wastes so much time with useless side stories that go no where and that no one cares about, that they never get around to resolving the story people actually want to see. Terry is cursed by a demon! Lafayette is possessed by Mexican demon thing! Racist hillbillies killed Sam's friends! Andy knocked up a fairy. Hoyt... is all sad and emo. Tara is vampire and she's sad... plus she's a lesbian. Alcide isn't the pack leader... he's sad and his dad is burnt out. Arrgh, awful. A dozen different useless story threads and were mostly resolved in the season... that had no consequence on the actually story. The show is a mess.

Vampire Dairies is infinitely better.

Francisco
You are truly hopeless. Tara is an awful character that they had no idea what to do with so just just turned her into a vampire hoping people would get interested. Bill's downward spiral that came out of nowhere for no reason, again, to get people interested in a character that lost interest. Russell was one of the more intriguing characters, and they didn't know what to do with him so they killed him off; this isn't GoT where you don't know who will die next because the story takes so many twists, this is a poorly written show that desperately tries to catch people's attention with w/e gimmick they can. TB is a drama with action, that's what is was when it started, that's what it still tries to be; just like VD is a drama with action, it just does it better. However, you think VD is trying to copy Buffy, Angel, and Supernatural, which shows you have no idea what you're talking about.
You're the one who's not paying attention.
Bill himself explained what happened to him.
It didn't came out of nowhere. Bill spent his entire life as a vampire thinking he was doomed. Then here comes Salome telling him that God is actually a vampire and that he doesn't have to feel ashamed anymore. Russell was a murderous *******. He killed lots of people and was funny while doing it but it was about time he died.
The rest of your post is utter non-sense. TB is a bad ass show bizzarrely funny. VD is ECW teeny bopper crap.

Francisco
laughing

Dude... the biggest problem with True Blood is that it doesn't kill anyone off. Tara. Jason. Sam. Terry. Andy. Lafayette. Ect. Ect. Ect. There are SO MANY USELESS ANCILLARY CHARACTERS ON THE SHOW! A large cast of character is fine, lots of other shows deal with that... but those shows are created competently, so we don't see every. single. character in every. single. episode. True Blood wastes so much time with useless side stories that go no where and that no one cares about, that they never get around to resolving the story people actually want to see. Terry is cursed by a demon! Lafayette is possessed by Mexican demon thing! Racist hillbillies killed Sam's friends! Andy knocked up a fairy. Hoyt... is all sad and emo. Tara is vampire and she's sad... plus she's a lesbian. Alcide isn't the pack leader... he's sad and his dad is burnt out. Arrgh, awful. A dozen different useless story threads and were mostly resolved in the season... that had no consequence on the actually story. The show is a mess.

Vampire Dairies is infinitely better.
But they're all funny and entertainning people. VD's characters only saving grace is that they're pretty... That's it. The stories are boring and predictable. Buffy and Angel knock offs. ECW teeny bopper crap.

Mindset
There's no point in discussing a show that you've never even watched...how is VD like Buffy and Angel?

srankmissingnin
But they're all funny and entertainning people. VD's characters only saving grace is that they're pretty... That's it. The stories are boring and predictable. Buffy and Angel knock offs. ECW teeny bopper crap.

They are neither funny nor entertaining... the only half way funny character on True Blood is Pam. The worst character on VD is Tyler... TB has like 18 Tyler's and they all get screen time in every episode, where as Tyler shows up once in a full moon.

Also... boring and predictable? True Blood is about as subtle as a brick to the side of the face, it is one of the most predictable shows on television.... and boring? If the first two seasons of VD took place on TB, it would take them twenty seasons to tell the same story. Vampire Dairies, is exciting and fast paced, they hit their story points, and move on to something new while TB drags it's belly across the gravel like a bloated zombie corpse.

Honestly, it's the height of hilarity that CW's "teeny bopper crap" manages to be more daring, engaging and most of all better written then a show on HBO. Hell outside of pointless nudity and self indulgent sex scenes, Vampire Dairies is even more violent and graphic. The only thing True Blood has over Vampire Dairies is a slightly less stupid name.

Have you even seen Vampire Dairies? Because this sounds like the stuff my friends used to say until I forced them to watch the first season. It starts of slow, but once you are four or five episodes in you should see that you have the show completely wrong.

Mindset
Just to be clear both Buffy and Angel are also better than TB.

srankmissingnin
This isn't "Both shows are good, but I like one better," situation. True Blood isn't good. It's bad. It's a terrible, terrible show. All the criteria that one would use to objectively determine whether a show is good or not... is terrible on True Blood.

Mindset
This isn't "Both shows are good, but I like one better," situation. True Blood isn't good. It's bad. It's a terrible, terrible show. All the criteria that one would use to objectively determine whether a show is good or not... is terrible on True Blood. thumb up

Francisco
You both have a crappy taste on TV shows that's all.
VD is exciting to teenage girls. LOL.

Mindset
TB is exciting to middle aged virgin women.

Still waiting on how VD is like Buffy and Angel.

Francisco
TB is exciting to middle aged virgin women.

Still waiting on how VD is like Buffy and Angel.
Freak of the week that must be vanquished to save the world.. No one knows vampires and monster exist. Teenage girl in a love triangle with 2 vampires. One is sensitive the other is a bad boy... The girl is a perfect Mary Sue who can't do wrong.
TB: 5 million viewers every week
VD: Not even 2.80 and losing viewers every season that goes by.

srankmissingnin
Freak of the week that must be vanquished to save the world.. No one knows vampires and monster exist. Teenage girl in a love triangle with 2 vampires. One is sensitive the other is a bad boy... The girl is a perfect Mary Sue who can't do wrong.
TB: 5 million viewers every week
VD: Not even 2.80 and losing viewers every season that goes by.

So... you obviously have not seen the show, because Vampire Dairies has never done a monster of the week format. The rest of your post is a succinct summation of TB... only the girl is in her mid twenties. ZOMG TWIST!!!!

Also... It's humorous you think Elena is a Mary Sue who can do no wrong... she is the stupidest character on the show. How clear are you trying to be with the fact that you haven't watched VD? All Elena does is f@ck up and make situations worse for ever one involved. Sookie on the other hand, now that is a Mary Sue. Perfect do know wrong, fairy power woman that everyone loves. Yawn.

Enjoy being a post menopausal women I guess.

Francisco
How many Emmies has VD won?
Not a single one because it is a crappy tv show for teenage girls.

TB is for grown ups. Beneath all the gore and sex there's a message of tolerance.

VD is just another teeny bopper bubble gum pony tail boyband new direction justin bieber shtick. TB is the real deal. grown up drama. with social commentary added to it

Mindset
Freak of the week that must be vanquished to save the world... Has literally never happened.

Ever.

You obviously don't watch the show.

the ninjak
How many Emmies has VD won?
Not a single one because it is a crappy tv show for teenage girls.

TB is for grown ups. Beneath all the gore and sex there's a message of tolerance.

VD is just another teeny bopper bubble gum pony tail boyband new direction justin bieber shtick. TB is the real deal. grown up drama. with social commentary added to it

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I had girls tell me to watch VD but I wouldn't because I thought the same as you. When I did watch it I realized the show had alot more to offer than True Blood.

And the Damon kills Bill no probs. He has too many advantages. Including the ability to hunt in sunlight.

Francisco
Originally posted by the ninjak
You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I had girls tell me to watch VD but I wouldn't because I thought the same as you. When I did watch it I realized the show had alot more to offer than True Blood.

And the Damon kills Bill no probs. He has too many advantages. Including the ability to hunt in sunlight.
How many Emmys?
Golden Globes?
VD is crap compared to TB.

TB have better critics and a bigger fanbase.

Vampire wearing rings that allow them to walk under the sun. Well at least they don't glitter. roll eyes (sarcastic)

the ninjak
Lol whatever. You're obviously a tween who loves this kind of stuff.

aBpbQZG6grE

Francisco
If I were a tween I'd be watching VD thinking it's the best thing ever.

asdf83
Despite being aimed at Twilight lovers, VD is generally the better written show.

As for which vampires are stronger, other than the whole invulnerability thing that the Originals have, the vamps in TB are more impressive. The older vamps in TB are strong as hell, and vamps in VD for some reason don't have the reflexes to match their speed. It has been shown several times on that show that vamps have trouble seeing even younger vamps moving at super speeds.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by asdf83
Despite being aimed at Twilight lovers, VD is generally the better written show.

As for which vampires are stronger, other than the whole invulnerability thing that the Originals have, the vamps in TB are more impressive. The older vamps in TB are strong as hell, and vamps in VD for some reason don't have the reflexes to match their speed. It has been shown several times on that show that vamps have trouble seeing even younger vamps moving at super speeds.

It's the same on TB. Bill and Jessica were shown to be equally fast... hell every time a vamp needs to move fast it is handled to exact same way, regardless of age. Based on feats they would all be equal, the only way we ever know a vampire is stronger is because the writers will throw in some sloppy exposition where one vampire says "I'm older than you, so I win!!!!" even though they all see exactly the same speed and strength on screen.

TB is worse at that than VD if anything.

Martian_mind
Nah, Russell clearlyt moves way faster then other Vamps, and Eric tends to pull off some wicked speedblitzes.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Nah, Russell clearlyt moves way faster then other Vamps, and Eric tends to pull off some wicked speedblitzes.

No he doesn't. It's the exact same special effect for every vampire. There aren't vary degrees to represent the degrees of speed of each vampire, none of them are treated any different and when two vampires are shown blitzing on screen they are both equally fast regardless of their age. Russell is "faster" because we are told he is faster. No other reason. He's never been shown to be faster. Same goes for strength.

VD is handles speed the same way.

Mindset
Btw, pretty sure the Originals have shown to be faster than other vamps.

Damon definitely showed he was faster than Caroline and hybrids.

Francisco
No he doesn't. It's the exact same special effect for every vampire. There aren't vary degrees to represent the degrees of speed of each vampire, none of them are treated any different and when two vampires are shown blitzing on screen they are both equally fast regardless of their age. Russell is "faster" because we are told he is faster. No other reason. He's never been shown to be faster. Same goes for strength.

VD is handles speed the same way.
The episode before getting killed Russel bitchslapped Salome and had her flying all across the room and crashing against one of the columns. Then he screamed I'm 3 thousand years old and I can kill them all right now if I wanted too. **** Lillith!! Then he left moving so fast non of them could react (or wished to)in time.
Eric only killed Russel because he attacked from behind while Russel was distracted by the fairies.

Placidity
The episode before getting killed Russel bitchslapped Salome and had her flying all across the room and crashing against one of the columns. Then he screamed I'm 3 thousand years old and I can kill them all right now if I wanted too. **** Lillith!! Then he left moving so fast non of them could react (or wished to)in time.
Eric only killed Russel because he attacked from behind while Russel was distracted by the fairies.

Yes but the point was if you look at how fast Russel moves in that scene, and compare it to another vampire moving in super speed in another scene, they are moving at the same speed because it's the same special effect being applied. I don't recall a scene where one vampire is moving faster than another at the same time - it's always one is just standing there or moving at human speed, then getting blitzed, and doesn't even SEE it coming.

Super speed has always been inconsistent at best. The main gripe I have is their reaction speed. For example, going by how fast young vampires could move, there is no way Sophie-Ann would've been hit that easily by those wooden bullets when she was killed - and she was ready for it.

Francisco
Yes but the point was if you look at how fast Russel moves in that scene, and compare it to another vampire moving in super speed in another scene, they are moving at the same speed because it's the same special effect being applied. I don't recall a scene where one vampire is moving faster than another at the same time - it's always one is just standing there or moving at human speed, then getting blitzed, and doesn't even SEE it coming.

Super speed has always been inconsistent at best. The main gripe I have is their reaction speed. For example, going by how fast young vampires could move, there is no way Sophie-Ann would've been hit that easily by those wooden bullets when she was killed - and she was ready for it.
OK, I agree they're cheap bastards.

It also was pretty ludicrous how super fast vampires couldn't catch Merlot when he shape shifted into a fly.

Ascendancy
Just to add to the flamewar, TB is a joke in terms of presentation as any kind of serious vamp drama. As said by others despite its demographic, Vampire Diaries does a much better job in terms of quality writing, acting, and overall scope. It's also hard to take a show seriously when we have twins running around like they just showed up out of Aladdin and women shooting something from Charmed en masse to take down a vamp. It's not in any way up to snuff in comparison to other HBO series.

As far as a vs, the VD vamps seem to be able to take a lot more damage before being down and out. Add their ability to show up in sunlight and the fact that those hunting them are much more formidable I give it to VD.

Rikudo sennin
Gotta go with TVD. The forth season of TVD was much better than TB's fourth season. And i am quite sure TVD WILL become the stronger verse. Because TB is a little ahead they have introduced more. Compare them at the same time of development and tvd would win a quality fight and a actual war.

Arctic
VD. I like both shows but VD has Stefan, one of my favorite vampire characters.

Also, Klaus would kick Eric and Russels asses easily.

quanchi112
Bill wins hands down.

Anyone interested in battlezoning me over this in a one on one debate over which show is mightier ?

Its already obvious TB is a better show but ill prove they slaughter VD.

quanchi112
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f89/t582218.html

Battlezone challenge to True Blood naysayers.

Rikudo sennin
Never paid much attention to this actually being a vs thread.

Damon would slaughter him. He has better strength and speed feats. And is much cooler to boot.

LastBlueSkittle
Damon, any day!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.