CHRIS NOLAN (The Dark Knight, Inception) wants to do JAMES BOND films.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zoom
This could be fantastic news for the Bond franchise. This is a man who has shown he is one of the brightest Directors currently working and he likes to surround himself with great actors.

ChocolateCake
This won't happen. Why would they want to change a winning formula?

Mr Parker
as much as I love Nolan as a director,even he wouldnt be able to turn around the Bond franchise.Everything that can possibly be done with it HAS been done,their just repeating things from the past now.The Bond franchise should have ended after Moore retired but it will go on forever Im sure.as long as they can still makes films in hollywood their will be no end to it.

Zoom
Of course this is a major possibility as QOS was a disaster and they are beginning to realise that this reboot was a mistake. At least they now have the chance to change things. The biggest change of course has to be the actor playing Bond.

The Power
I like Nolan's work but sometimes a big name director can overshadow the film he is helming and I think this would happen if he were to get a Bond film.

Originally posted by The Power
I like Nolan's work but sometimes a big name director can overshadow the film he is helming and I think this would happen if he were to get a Bond film.

What rubbish. Nolan would not overshadow the film at all. He could actually make the franchise worth watching again.

MildPossession
It would be nice, but I doubt Nolan will ever do a Bond film.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by 003
Of course this is a major possibility as QOS was a disaster and they are beginning to realise that this reboot was a mistake. At least they now have the chance to change things. The biggest change of course has to be the actor playing Bond.

Fortunately they got rid of Brosnan. laughing stick out tongue stick out tongue

Mr Parker
Originally posted by MildPossession
It would be nice, but I doubt Nolan will ever do a Bond film.

agreed.Like I said,even as much as I love Nolan as a director,everything that can be done with James Bond HAS been done with him.their just repeating things they have done in the past now,you see it in all the newer films.I wish they would just end the franchise now but like i said,as long as hollywood keeps making movies,they'll keep making Bond movies unfortunately. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Fortunately they got rid of Brosnan. laughing stick out tongue stick out tongue

Well I think I speak for all true Bond fans when I say that hopefully they see sense and get rid of Daniel 'the most actor ever to portray Bond' Craig next!

MildPossession
Oh stop going on about 'true' Bond fans... Just because someone likes Craig, doesn't make them any less of a Bond fan.

A LOT of people thought Craig was a wonderful Bond.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Mr Parker
as much as I love Nolan as a director,even he wouldnt be able to turn around the Bond franchise.Everything that can possibly be done with it HAS been done,their just repeating things from the past now.The Bond franchise should have ended after Moore retired but it will go on forever Im sure.as long as they can still makes films in hollywood their will be no end to it. Turn around? It's in as good a place as it's been since the Connery era.

I wouldn't put it past Nolan to come up with an original story. Sure, the chases, fights, girls, etc. would be the same but I could envision Nolan coming up with an original, relevant plot.

Th3birdman
Originally posted by 003
Well I think I speak for all true Bond fans when I say that hopefully they see sense and get rid of Daniel 'the most actor ever to portray Bond' Craig next!

Bollocks. Craig is THE best Bond since Sean perfected it. Period.

Mr Parker
Oh stop going on about 'true' Bond fans... Just because someone likes Craig, doesn't make them any less of a Bond fan.

A LOT of people thought Craig was a wonderful Bond.

amen to that.so very true. thumb up He sure goes on a lot of mindless rants.

The Nuul
http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=8696&t=mi6&s=news

BruceSkywalker
meh, if he did, i would go see it

Ahnold
As awesome as I'm sure a Chris Nolan Bond film would be, I'm fairly certain this will never happen. The Broccolis have never gone for big name directors (although that could all change if Sam Mendes does indeed still end up directing Bond 23) - probably because they want to retain a level of creative control over the films that the big name directors would not be prepared to give up.

I still wonder sometimes how different a film "For Your Eyes Only" would have been if Cubby Broccoli had agreed to let a young, enthusiastic director by the name of Steven Spielberg helm it...

Jovan
Originally posted by Ahnold
I still wonder sometimes how different a film "For Your Eyes Only" would have been if Cubby Broccoli had agreed to let a young, enthusiastic director by the name of Steven Spielberg helm it...
then bond suddenly wouldn't have been an orphan but had a father who never gave him any love

Ahnold
Well that may well be wink ... but honestly, I'd love to have seen Spielberg try and pull off a father-son 007 adventure a la "Last Crusade" -they could even have gotten Sean Connery to play Roger Moore's father (the fact that Moore's actually older than Connery be damned!) stick out tongue .

The Nuul
Meh, movie Bond is dead until MGM can sell it.

MildPossession
It's not dead as pointed out already some time ago, the companies are going for a 2012 release date with help from another company.

Hopefully this other company will have the sense to drop Daniel 'No Expression' Craig.

Darth Martin
Craig is the best Bond.

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Craig is the best Bond.

He's not even close to being the best Bond.

MildPossession
Ignore 003, Darth Martin, he keeps moaning on and on and on about Daniel Craig, talking out of his arse about him all the time.

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by ChocolateCake
This won't happen. Why would they want to change a winning formula?

what winning formula. The bond movies currently are just a ripoff of the Bourne movies with mediocre plots. Csino Royal was okay.

Quantum of Solace sucked big fat donkey member

Ignore 003, Darth Martin, he keeps moaning on and on and on about Daniel Craig, talking out of his arse about him all the time.

Do you really think that just because someone disagrees with you that they are talking out of their arse?
Your parents must be so proud.

MildPossession
Yes actually, when someone goes on and on about it and brings it up every chance they get.

If you had disagreed first time around and got your point across in a positive way, then I would respect that opinion, but you just can't give up on your 'hatred' for the actor. It's cringeworthy, really is.

Yes actually, when someone goes on and on about it and brings it up every chance they get.

If you had disagreed first time around and got your point across in a positive way, then I would respect that opinion, but you just can't give up on your 'hatred' for the actor. It's cringeworthy, really is.

I got my point across in a positive way, but you just don't like the fact that people disagree with you.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by 003
Hopefully this other company will have the sense to drop Daniel 'No Expression' Craig.

I haven't seen him as Bond myself but this post reminds me of what my mother says about him, she says he has a 'sucking on a lemon' expression.

Bric A Brac
I would welcome Nolan as director but I cannot see it happening.

Mr Parker
if it was the olden days of the connery and moore era,i would say yeah have him direct,he would have been awesomebut since the bond movies suck now these days,makes no difference WHO the director is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.