Borg vs The Dominion Alliance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
The Borg Empire vs the Dominion Alliance (Breen & Cardassians). Who wins this ultimate war?

-Pr-
The Borg tends to win against almost anyone. Even with the Dominion and their kamikaze tactics, i still see the Borg taking it...

Robtard
Turn off plot devices; Borg win against most other races/species, even multiples.

BruceSkywalker
"we are the borg" "resistance is futile"

i loved the dominion, but DT are you just using the breen and cardassians or should i assume that the jem'hadar are involved?

if so than the jem'hadar should take a healthy majority before being assimilated

Tattoos N Scars
If the Borg gained intel through assimilation AND scientific reasearch..they'd be unstoppalbe. As of now...species 8472 is the only race that can take the Borg.

mayberry
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
If the Borg gained intel through assimilation AND scientific reasearch..they'd be unstoppalbe. As of now...species 8472 is the only race that can take the Borg.

I thought Janeway gave the Borg a way to defeat species 8472. 8472 was mopping the floor with the Borg for awhile.

zeel
Originally posted by mayberry
I thought Janeway gave the Borg a way to defeat species 8472. 8472 was mopping the floor with the Borg for awhile.

If i remember right, the borg opened up a wormhole into another dimension to intentionaly gain access to speices 8472. Not aware the spieces 8472 was immune to borg tecnology, at least assimlation techniques. I think the is correct i have seen the series in years.

GRIMNIR
Depends which writer turns up

Which version of the BORG and which version of the Jem'Hadar

When first introduced, the BORG were total BADASS and like some scary juggernaut
Then they gradually got watered down more and more and more until Scorpion roll eyes (sarcastic)
IF Species 8472 had only featured in that one 2 parter and we never saw them again, then Scorpion episode is fine
BUT later on Species 8472 get watered down as well, which makes the BORG suck even more.

Then we have Jem'Hadar. Same story.
When they were first introduced, they were BADASS. (1 Jem'Hadar on his own beams himself onto DS9, humours their shields for a while, then casually walks through the shield and delivers a scary threat)

But, straight away the next episode they start getting watered down more and more and more, until finally in the 9 parter finale they are nothing more than extras, stumbling around in the background, getting shot and not saying a word. Instead the Breen are introduced, WHO DO NOTHING AT ALL, apart from look cool

Omega Vision
I don't see the Dominion doing much better than the Federation against a full on Borg assault.

Ever since I started watching DS9 I've wondered about this--surely the Borg know about the Dominion given how large the Dominion is and how much advanced technology they have, and the Founders would make a pretty tempting target for assimilation given their capabilities and biological uniqueness, not to mention that after the war with the Federation Alliance they're probably weaker and more open to conquest than at any point in their history.

It would be cool to see a movie/comic/series/game/book (a canon one, I mean, non-canon material doesn't interest me) where the Founders (with Odo as their representative) petition the Federation for assistance because they're fighting a losing war against the Borg.

dazzn
er.. dominions weapons were no more advanced than the Federation's, especially after the UFP figured out how to combat their special beams.

I'd expect the Vorta, Jem'Hadar and Founder all to be assimilated.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by dazzn
er.. dominions weapons were no more advanced than the Federation's, especially after the UFP figured out how to combat their special beams.

I'd expect the Vorta, Jem'Hadar and Founder all to be assimilated.

I doubt Founders can be assimilated. For that matter not even sure how a Jem'Hadar assimilation would work, unless the assimilation gets them off their drug addicition and counters their genetic coding which the Founders use to control them.

As for this thread, if it's one borg ship like in BOBW and FC then I'm sure the Dominion fleet could destroy it with great difficulty and loads of casualties.

If it's a fleet of borg ships then the Dominion stand no chance.

Originally posted by Omega Vision

It would be cool to see a movie/comic/series/game/book (a canon one, I mean, non-canon material doesn't interest me) where the Founders (with Odo as their representative) petition the Federation for assistance because they're fighting a losing war against the Borg.

That would have been a really good idea for a DS9/TNG/Voyager Crossover movie/mini-series.

Too bad we'll never see it.

Omega Vision
I have trouble envisioning assimilated changelings. What happens to the implants when they change shape? It seems like the nature of the Borg would negate most of the advantages of being changelings.

Darth Truculent
There was one episode where Voyager did find out about the Dominion War and how the Marqui were wiped out by the Dominion. In the episode "Sacrifice of Angels", the Dominion inflicted 40% casualties on the Federation Alliance at the Battle of Cardassia. The Dominion wouldn't go quietly - just like part of the lyrics to the new Fall Out Boy's song "Light em Up"

But the Borg did learn mistakes from Species 8472 and no doubt the armor and transphasic torpedo Voyager received in the last episode. They could probably counter most weapons thrown at them.

Vensai
The Borg ought to win based on what I've seen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.