Strongest Apprentices, Weakest Masters?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
Talking about Sith Masters/Apprentices here, that is, in the "Darth Vader"/second highest Sith around sense of Apprentice, not padawans.

Of the various Sith apprentices who never claimed the top spot, who do you think were best, strongest, and most deserved to be Masters?

Of the Masters who had the spot, who should've never progressed beyond apprentice or otherwise weaker?

For times outside of rule-of-two era, count whoever's atop the Sith in question (be it the Sith Emperor, Kaan, Krayt, etc.) as a Master, and only the top other Sith as Apprentices (those on the Brotherhood's council, the One Sith with specific titles like Hand or Voice, etc.). And anyone else, is too low to matter.

mattatom
Marek thumb up

Gideon
I'm confuzzled. Are you asking us to rank in terms of power and worth the great Sith apprentices? I.e. Dooku, Vader, Maul, etc.?

truejedi
Malak should never have held the title of most powerful.

Marek was definitly stronger than Vader.

Q99
Originally posted by Gideon
I'm confuzzled. Are you asking us to rank in terms of power and worth the great Sith apprentices? I.e. Dooku, Vader, Maul, etc.?

Yes, as well as conversely the weakest Sith Masters.

In other words, 'who deserves to be in the other position?'.

Gideon
Marek should have been Vader's Master if we're interested solely in power, otherwise I suppose the other examples kind've corrected themselves.

Q99
Marek should have been Vader's Master if we're interested solely in power, otherwise I suppose the other examples kind've corrected themselves.

Though sometimes a good potential master never got the top spot due to serving under an even stronger master, like Palpatine or the Sith Emperor, but if they were in other eras may have been able to topple whoever was at top. Or a weak master may have had an even weaker student.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by mattatom
Bandon thumb up Fixed.

ares834
Lol. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Shoes
Nihilus. Everyone else is lying.

ares834
Yeah... Nihilus became the master.

Vorpal Ruin
What was the feat that made Darth Bandon a joke? I can't remember. :/

mattatom
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
What was the feat that made Darth Bandon a joke? I can't remember. :/ He threw a soldier, an officer no less into a power conduit, for no reason whatsoever. Badass.

Q99
Any Masters that seem particularly lacking?

SithAce_1
Darth Plagueis! Killed while sleeping? Wow what a noob.

Pwned
Though he could influence the midichlorians and *might* have been able to create life

He could preserve or destroy life as well just by looking at you, seeing him was literally seeing either your death or your life

Lord Lucien
He just got shafted. Same with Palpatine.

Q99
He sounds to me like he was an excellent sith researcher, but yea. Who'd sleep with Palpatine around?

Hewhoknowsall
Can Force users sense danger when they're asleep?

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He just got shafted. Same with Palpatine.
Litterally. eek!

Galan007
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Can Force users sense danger when they're asleep? I'd say no.

....Unless Plagueis wanted to die. ermmnone

ares834
IIRC in DL:RoDV Palpatine mentions he would never sleep again.

Q99
Originally posted by Galan007
I'd say no.

....Unless Plagueis wanted to die. ermmnone

Or unless Palpatine was really good at hiding himself from danger sense til the last minute.

Still, I'd want some major security in my room if I was his sith master.

Shey Tapani
Lumiya was quite weak.

Lord Lucien
Comparatively.

Shey Tapani
She was originally the villain of the month.

darth radon
I'm confuzzled. Are you asking us to rank in terms of power and worth the great Sith apprentices? I.e. Dooku, Vader, Maul, etc.? but those three had the same masters
i think he is ranking them by apprentices power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.