Fleming and QOS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zoom
I've read the books, and Craig's Bond is nothing like Fleming's. If Fleming had ever lived to see QOS, he probably would have been nauseous, and not just from the shaky camerawork.

The Power
I respectfully disagree. I think Daniel Craig does a great job in portraying the Bond that Fleming created. I also think that Fleming would be very proud to see how he and the reboot has done.

Wanderer11
The critics didn't like QOS but I see no reason why Fleming wouldn't. I think he would be very happy with both CR and QOS.

MildPossession
Humm, how strange. The number of people I've talked to and read comments(a lot of Bond obsessives) from who have read all the books and say Craig was a very good Bond and close to the source...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Wanderer11
The critics didn't like QOS but I see no reason why Fleming wouldn't. I think he would be very happy with both CR and QOS.

agreed.

Originally posted by MildPossession
Humm, how strange. The number of people I've talked to and read comments(a lot of Bond obsessives) from who have read all the books and say Craig was a very good Bond and close to the source...

I have not met anyone who thinks that. Having read the books myself there is only one man who has come close to the Bond Fleming wrote and that is Dalton.

MildPossession
I'm not saying he was closer than Dalton, I was saying Craig was close to how Fleming saw Bond. You said Craig was nothing like Fleming's Bond and I was commenting on that.

I'm not saying he was closer than Dalton, I was saying Craig was close to how Fleming saw Bond. You said Craig was nothing like Fleming's Bond and I was commenting on that.

That is because I do not think that Craig is anything like the Bond Fleming wrote and I have never met a Bond fan who does.

MildPossession
Well you are in the minority who think that...

Well you are in the minority who think that...

I really am not. Even Daniel Craig has had the good grace to admit that Dalton was the closet to the Bond of the books. You really need to think before posting.

MildPossession
Eh, you need to get it into your head that I am not comparing the two, I didn't say he was THE closest. I said close. And you said I need to think before posting...

Eh, you need to get it into your head that I am not comparing the two, I didn't say he was THE closest. I said close. And you said I need to think before posting...

You clearly have not paid much attention to your previous posts.

Sgt.Shakedown
Originally posted by 003
I've read the books, and Craig's Bond is nothing like Fleming's. If Fleming had ever lived to see QOS, he probably would have been nauseous, and not just from the shaky camerawork.

You are right. Craig not fit to play Bond and he has shown that in the two movies he has made.

REXXXX
Originally posted by 003
You clearly have not paid much attention to your previous posts.

You clearly have a huge problem with Daniel Craig's existence.

MP did not say that Craig was closer to Fleming's Bond than Dalton. He simply said that Craig was close, a claim that I agree with having read the books myself.

Please stop talking down to people who disagree with you. They are allowed to think what they will, whether you like it or not.

Originally posted by REXXXX
You clearly have a huge problem with Daniel Craig's existence.

MP did not say that Craig was closer to Fleming's Bond than Dalton. He simply said that Craig was close, a claim that I agree with having read the books myself.

Please stop talking down to people who disagree with you. They are allowed to think what they will, whether you like it or not.

You clearly need to re-read the posts too and I will speak down to who ever I like.

REXXXX
Fair enough. Consider this an official warning for ignoring what I said about speaking down. You are NOT allowed to speak down to anyone, and if I see you doing so, I will slap you with more warnings and your stay here will be cut short. Are we clear?

Additionally- closing your thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.