Gouki vs. Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Demonic Phoenix
Seeing as that lulzy spitey thread devolved into Dante vs. Gouki, I decided to make this one.

- DMC2 Dante. He cannot use Quicksilver. Has no items or Amulets. Does not have access to DDT.

- Gouki (by the time of SFIII).

Round 1: Melee fight only. Dante gets access to Gilgamesh, Ifrit & Beowulf.

Round 2: Dante gets access to every Devil Arm & Firearm he has used (in the games), barring Sparda & Yamato. Gouki starts this round with his full power i.e. He does not enter the round in his 'normal' form.

ScreamPaste
The smelly one kills the annoying one. cool

Darkstorm Zero
Obvious answer is obvious.

gouki sends Dante to hell permanently, and I've already outlined why in the other thread.

NemeBro
Gouki kills him in a single punch in the first round, turning him into a smear on the pavement, and in the second round Gouki uses the move he used at the end of SSFIV to annihilate Dante immediately.

Darkstorm Zero
I actually like that attack.

zmXxpl6oSNI

Esomark
I've only seen bits and pieces of DMC, never playing it, but I was always under the impression Dante was above what SF had to offer due to the "powers" and other stuff he showed. However, from what I've been seeing here and a few other threads, he's not all what he's cracked up to be.

First_Tsurugi06
That, and Street Fighter characters are usually highly overlooked at times. You can probably count on one hand the number of characters in Street Fighter that match/surpass Akuma.

Demonic Phoenix
Damn, looks like BloodRain is the only dude who will be debating for Dante mmm

lordxalba
DMC 2 .Dante,HAhhaah,Dante wins this

Darkstorm Zero
Your trolling again Xalba...

Your not helping yourself here... Why do I even bother trying to help you...?

lordxalba
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Your trolling again Xalba...

Your not helping yourself here... Why do I even bother trying to help you...?

Dante can defeat Akuma because he Dante has defeated more better ones than Akuma.But It is good that I give a draw for this

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by lordxalba
Dante can defeat Akuma because he Dante has defeated more better ones than Akuma.But It is good that I give a draw for this

Who has he defeated that is better than Gouki?

Mundus? Didn't do much of anything, plus Dante had help in the form of a PIS sword and Trish's powerup.

Despair Embodied? He was even more featless than Mundus. And was killed with a bullet, something that Gouki wouldn't even feel.

Saviour? Savour would have crumbled in a single attack from Gouki.

isharacramer
Dante wins because of Dante never die cool

danteiscool
taking into consideration that DMC2 Dante is more powerful than DMC4 Dante, it's safe to say that he has some chance at winning given the power difference.

the only problem is that we don't know how much more powerful DMC2 Dante is as he didn't seem to be taking any fight that seriously throughout the game.

however in DMC3, he was quite strong, maybe being able to lift around 35 to 40 tons (this was actually said in an OBD profile of DMC3 Vergil, so I'm assuming that DMC3 Dante should be around the same in virtually every category. don't know how accurate OBD is with this stuff, but it seems to be on the spot so far)

also in DMC3, Dante was fast enough to run down the side of Temen-ni-gru all the while killing demons, throwing rebellion down the tower and then shooting a bullet at it only to catch it later (but of course most of you already knew that). that puts him in the double digit machs.

as for resiliency, he took attacks that would've destroyed buildings (of varying sizes) and he has incredible stamina as well. the only times he got tired in DMC3 was when he fought Vergil, Beowulf, and Arkham.

and he was maybe around the age of 19 (it said so somewhere, but I can't remember, but he should at least have been in his late teens in DMC3). in DMC4, he was probably in his 20s or 30s (hard to tell) and his abilities were on a much, much higher level than they were in DMC3.

now, I don't know exactly how big of a time gap there is between DMC4 and DMC2, but if it's anything like the time gap between DMC3 and DMC4, then his power is on a whole other level now than it was in DMC4.

I'm not say could win against a full powered Akuma, but he would give him a good fight at the very least.

Sappho
Who has he defeated that is better than Gouki?

Mundus? Didn't do much of anything, plus Dante had help in the form of a PIS sword and Trish's powerup.

Despair Embodied? He was even more featless than Mundus. And was killed with a bullet, something that Gouki wouldn't even feel.

Saviour? Savour would have crumbled in a single attack from Gouki.
i dont know much of gouki feat-wise but how fast is he?

Phanteros
He can teleport and I think he's been calc'd at hypersonic speed.

NemeBro
Originally posted by danteiscool
taking into consideration that DMC2 Dante is more powerful than DMC4 Dante, it's safe to say that he has some chance at winning given the power difference.

the only problem is that we don't know how much more powerful DMC2 Dante is as he didn't seem to be taking any fight that seriously throughout the game.

however in DMC3, he was quite strong, maybe being able to lift around 35 to 40 tons (this was actually said in an OBD profile of DMC3 Vergil, so I'm assuming that DMC3 Dante should be around the same in virtually every category. don't know how accurate OBD is with this stuff, but it seems to be on the spot so far)

also in DMC3, Dante was fast enough to run down the side of Temen-ni-gru all the while killing demons, throwing rebellion down the tower and then shooting a bullet at it only to catch it later (but of course most of you already knew that). that puts him in the double digit machs.

as for resiliency, he took attacks that would've destroyed buildings (of varying sizes) and he has incredible stamina as well. the only times he got tired in DMC3 was when he fought Vergil, Beowulf, and Arkham.

and he was maybe around the age of 19 (it said so somewhere, but I can't remember, but he should at least have been in his late teens in DMC3). in DMC4, he was probably in his 20s or 30s (hard to tell) and his abilities were on a much, much higher level than they were in DMC3.

now, I don't know exactly how big of a time gap there is between DMC4 and DMC2, but if it's anything like the time gap between DMC3 and DMC4, then his power is on a whole other level now than it was in DMC4.

I'm not say could win against a full powered Akuma, but he would give him a good fight at the very least. Dante's best strength feat is being able to block a punch whole bracing from Saviour.

While that is admittedly impressive, a young Gouki was able to sink/destroy the entire island of Gotenkou, which had its own mountain range and networks of caves, with a punch.

What about that speed feat you just mentioned puts him at double digit machs? Specifics for Gouki's speed are hard to find, but Ryu and Ken are able to effortlessly dodge bullets, and Gouki is faster than them, and with Asura Senku Gouki can move fast enough even Gouken can barely track him.

Buildings? Gouki can destroys islands with single punches. While holding back. When he was young. In other words, a weaker Gouki did this. Dante cannot take a punch from Gouki.

In H2H especially, Dante has not a prayer in fightring Gouki.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Gouki has supers and ultras that can One-kit KO Dante.
Dante will be relying on inflicting enough damage to Gouki to KO him; Dante needs to outlast him and does not have OHKOs like Gouki
Gouki can teleport to avoid Dante's attacks

Overall Gouki wins since all he needs to do is land one powerful attack on Dante to take him out, while Dante will need to rely on an attack combo to take out Gouki.

XMr. WinterX
none of you have obviously played DMC...Dante will obliterate Gouki with ease. Dante is never serious when he fights o.O

Darkstorm Zero
But what is that deduction based on? Facts please, not this "he wins because I say so" crap, thats what got isharacramer banned.

Oh, and that is what is known as trolling. Not to mention that your making an assumption of what we've played. Don't do that.

NemeBro
Originally posted by XMr. WinterX
none of you have obviously played DMC...Dante will obliterate Gouki with ease. Dante is never serious when he fights o.O Circular logic works because it does?

Sin_Volvagia
none of you have obviously played DMC...Dante will obliterate Gouki with ease. Dante is never serious when he fights o.O

Actually, he was serious when he fought Vergil, Nero Angelo (who is also Vergil), Nightmare, Arkham, and Mundus.

XMr. WinterX
Dante solos the SF universe because Dante can just use Pandoras Box with 666 different weapons...it has a flash that will destroy everything without leaving a trace...even a laser cannon that is pretty beast...Gilgamesh and Beowulf is also weapons that would give him more strength and speed...DMC 4 final boss was stupid so dont go there...i would say Vergil would be the hardest guy hes faced...and Yamato cuts even through fabric dimensions of space...so Dante solos the SF world...dont forget DT which increases speed strength agility and other thingsnotworthy

NemeBro
And Gouki has the power to vaporise Dante and everything around him with a single move.

BloodRawEngine
DMC's Pandora's Box is a glorified missile launcher with less destructive feats than even a younger incarnation of Akuma. Hell, the GoW Pandora's Box has only one thing in it (that actually counts as being useable in a fight), and it probably puts it above the entirety of DMC, let alone the DMC Pandora's Box.

Also, Akuma holds back a majority of his powers almost 100% of the time fighting just for the sake of giving his opponents a chance at actually putting up something of a challenge. As of now, one of the only character possibly equal or stronger than him is supposedley Gouken, who's entire potential with the "Power of Nothingness" has yet to be concretely determined I believe (IIRC, it nullified Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu the second time he tried it on him). Him, and probably Shin Bison (unless it was that form that Akuma SGS'd in SFII?). In that regard, he's possibly even less serious than Dante in the sense of comparing how much power they exert (especially since Akuma's more commonly pitted against low to mid-level superhumans). Even non-Shin Akuma still has better striking power feats than Dante with Beowulf or Gilgamesh.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
DMC's Pandora's Box is a glorified missile launcher with less destructive feats than even a younger incarnation of Akuma. Hell, the GoW Pandora's Box has only one thing in it (that actually counts as being useable in a fight), and it probably puts it above the entirety of DMC, let alone the DMC Pandora's Box.

Also, Akuma holds back a majority of his powers almost 100% of the time fighting just for the sake of giving his opponents a chance at actually putting up something of a challenge. As of now, one of the only character possibly equal or stronger than him is supposedley Gouken, who's entire potential with the "Power of Nothingness" has yet to be concretely determined I believe (IIRC, it nullified Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu the second time he tried it on him). Him, and probably Shin Bison (unless it was that form that Akuma SGS'd in SFII?). In that regard, he's possibly even less serious than Dante in the sense of comparing how much power they exert (especially since Akuma's more commonly pitted against low to mid-level superhumans). Even non-Shin Akuma still has better striking power feats than Dante with Beowulf or Gilgamesh.

QFT.

I need not have to say any more than this, this pretty much sums up the match.

AsbestosFlaygon

I think there are other SF characters stronger than Shin Akuma.
Like Gill, Ingrid, and possibly Urien and Oro.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Like Gill, Ingrid, and possibly Urien and Oro.

Ingrid likely is. At least, she is vastly more powerful if CFE is canon.

As for Oro, hard to say. They both fought in a match that was for all intents and purposes, a sparring contest.

Gill, is debatable.

Urien wouldn't be more powerful than Shin Akuma, if his brother isn't.

Sin_Volvagia
i would say Vergil would be the hardest guy hes faced...

Mundus owned his ass and almost Dante twice.

NemeBro
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Like Gill, Ingrid, and possibly Urien and Oro. I don't even think Ingrid is a canon character.

Urien is a lolno.

Oro and Gill are debateable, though neither rival Gouki's actual displays of power.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Mundus owned his ass and almost Dante twice.

Mundus would pwn both Dante and Vergil together. Dante only won as he had Sparda.

No End N Site
All Dante would need to win is the Yamato or QS. Since he has none of these, he will lose.

Darkstorm Zero
Yamato isn't all that uber, and Quicksilver is probably still debatable. The Sparda Blade is the only chance Dante will have, and it's feats are still negligable in comparison to Gouki's

No End N Site
Yamoto would dice Akuma into tiny lil pieces before Akuma even knew what happened. QS would slow Akuma down to a crawl and Dante would proceed to abuse him. Dante also has one really retarded item/power in DMC2, that I can't remember, but it's broken as hell.

Darkstorm Zero
Yamato's no more powerful than Rebellion though. a sealed Force Edge would have a better chance, and thats a really big stretch. None of Dante's weapons have the feats to match Gouki's powers anyway.

QS is, as I said, debatable since it's limited, and i'm not sure of Ashura Senkuu nullifying it through intangibility.

No End N Site
Yamato's no more powerful than Rebellion though. a sealed Force Edge would have a better chance, and thats a really big stretch. None of Dante's weapons have the feats to match Gouki's powers anyway.

QS is, as I said, debatable since it's limited, and i'm not sure of Ashura Senkuu nullifying it through intangibility.

I can't think of anything Akuma can do to defend against an instantaneous grid of time space slashes. And I don't see how the Ashura Senku can help in a time slowed state. If Akuma can beat Dante, then there is no reason why anyone should think he should lose to Algol in the other thread, but that's just my opinion.

Darkstorm Zero
Since when is Yamato capable of time-space slashes? as far as I know, Yamato has great reach, and can cut from near any range and/or angle, but it's not a time-space killing weapon by any reach.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by No End N Site
Yamoto would dice Akuma into tiny lil pieces before Akuma even knew what happened. QS would slow Akuma down to a crawl and Dante would proceed to abuse him. Dante also has one really retarded item/power in DMC2, that I can't remember, but it's broken as hell.

Jester caught Yamato when Vergil was weakened.
Shin Gouki should be able to do the same against Dante at full strength, seeing as he is likely leagues beyond Jester.

I can't think of anything Akuma can do to defend against an instantaneous grid of time space slashes. And I don't see how the Ashura Senku can help in a time slowed state. If Akuma can beat Dante, then there is no reason why anyone should think he should lose to Algol in the other thread, but that's just my opinion.

Yamato can apparently cut through the fabric of Space (it cuts through dimensional barriers), but it doesn't affect Time in any way. That said, Dante was capable of dodging Vergil's attacks with Yamato, at least, in gameplay. Seeing as Vergil has the ability to use those attacks, he must have used them, and Dante must have avoided them.

ScreamPaste
We have a video of Yamato's slash actually being almost a slow-ish moving wave that cuts a hellgate.

Demonic Phoenix
A description for one of the moves in Yamato's arsenal states that it can cut through dimensions. srug

I think that moving wave like slash might be an amp of its regular strikes. When Vergil uses Yamato, the range is extended tremendously, fairly greater than the range the blade would normally be capable of having.

BloodRain
That Jester Gouki comparison is a bit off, as its less a physical thing and more a 'can he make put any devil-force into it'. Its already shown to be able to have many multiple times the cutting strength of a normal sword in 4. So that would do it, if he had it.

The AOE blast could probably be countered by DT, not much but can take a few strong blasts like it was nothing at 1:15. Curios now, what stops him getting blitz or has he been shown to resist a blade?

No End N Site
Since when is Yamato capable of time-space slashes?
as far as I know, Yamato has great reach, and can cut from near any range and/or angle, but it's not a time-space killing weapon by any reach.

It is stated in the information area of DMC4 and 3. You can also look it up on the DMC wiki. The sword can cut through time and space which is why I always talk about it.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Jester caught Yamato when Vergil was weakened.
Shin Gouki should be able to do the same against Dante at full strength, seeing as he is likely leagues beyond Jester.

Verg also wasn't using any of the attacks I'm referring to in this thread against Jester.

Yamato can apparently cut through the fabric of Space (it cuts through dimensional barriers), but it doesn't affect Time in any way. That said, Dante was capable of dodging Vergil's attacks with Yamato, at least, in gameplay. Seeing as Vergil has the ability to use those attacks, he must have used them, and Dante must have avoided them.

I did not see Verg use any of those attacks except in gameplay, in the final fight at the end. O'course you can dodge'em then, they have to make the guy beatable.

Darkstorm Zero
It is stated in the information area of DMC4 and 3. You can also look it up on the DMC wiki. The sword can cut through time and space which is why I always talk about it.

It can't rend reality apart, and it says nothing about time. It specifically states it can cut holes bitween dimensions (effectively meaning it can open and close helgates at will) and that is what gives it it's amazing cutting power.

But now I call to you the fact that Yamato HAS been blocked before, it has been damaged before, and by far less power than what Gouki wields.

CosmicComet
Yamato's FUNCTION is opening dimensional gates. It cannot cut through anything, and it has FAILED to do so on several occasions. Don't let pointless hyperbole reign over common sense and showings.

Opening hellgates is not a demonstration of power, its just something that it has the ability to do.

The Sparda Sword is the more powerful weapon, yet it cannot do the same thing.

Demonic Phoenix

It cannot cut through Time, just through dimensional barriers.
You brought up the wiki, which does not even mention Time.

Verg also wasn't using any of the attacks I'm referring to in this thread against Jester.

Doesn't matter. Yamato was still stopped. By Jester no less. Vergil was tired which is why that happened, but Gouki is, physically speaking, far better than Jester. He'll be able to stop the blade itself.
Dante's been able to do so with Rebellion. Even Lady managed to stop Vergil's slash with Yamato, and she was using her rocket launcher, Kalina Ann.

Then there's that moving slash that Dante used. I think that wave was at least high super-sonic. Should not be a problem for Gouki if Ryu can effortlessly weave through bullet shots, which are typically super-sonic.

I did not see Verg use any of those attacks except in gameplay, in the final fight at the end. O'course you can dodge'em then, they have to make the guy beatable.

He still has them as a part of his move-list both as a boss, and a playable character. His mastery of Yamato is also greater than either Dante's or Nero's. Hell, I think that would be the case for any sword.

If we can dodge/block them in gameplay, it likely translates to the player character having the ability to dodge/block them in canon.

No End N Site
You guys are missin' my point. Rather he can cut through space and time is irrelavent. My point is this...if Dante does any of Yamato's special attacks, Akuma will be reduced to ribbons. I have not seen sufficient evidence that shows Akuma being able to survive the Yamato. There is nothing leading me to believe Akuma is more durable than a Hell Gate.

Also, pleez refrain from going into classic "KMC Memeber Ass Hole Mode". Just askin' for this not to happen before it even starts.

Darkstorm Zero
You guys are missin' my point. Rather he can cut through space and time is irrelavent. My point is this...if Dante does any of Yamato's special attacks, Akuma will be reduced to ribbons. I have not seen sufficient evidence that shows Akuma being able to survive the Yamato. There is nothing leading me to believe Akuma is more durable than a Hell Gate.

Exept for the fat that, you know, Gouki survives the destructive capability of his own attacks. That and he also survives quite well against equal or slightly lesser powers from other characters quite well.

BloodRain
Besides the dimensional slashes, piercing through Nero's DB would rank its cutting potential as enough to do the same to Gouki.

Like it was said before his weapon was less effective because of his weakened state, its not just a strength issue here.

And high-hypersonic trumps supersonic.

ScreamPaste
High hypersonic? >_> I hope that's not based on artistic license. 131

BloodRain
Fear the speed of the rain feat! ahah That scene even kept to what would happen to entities at that speed.

Even if you choose to ignore that there's this from the people over at obd wikispaces ;
''Dante was calculated at a comfortable Mach 6.5 (2200+ m/s) - Mach 7.7 (2600+ m/s) in DMC3 alone which is his younger/inexperienced years. Devil Trigger amps this. Also estimated to be at double digit mach speeds based on his tower dive (mach 10+) and raindrop feat (mach 15).''
(Have checked into his other speed feats like ^ before. Easily into Mach 10+ (High hypersonic))

Neglecting the rain, Mach 5-10 by a young, inexperienced Dante. And as we know 3<<<<1<<4<<2. Then add DT+Quick Heart... Yeah, High hypersonic, which trumps supersonic.

No End N Site
Exept for the fat that, you know, Gouki survives the destructive capability of his own attacks. That and he also survives quite well against equal or slightly lesser powers from other characters quite well.

I still don't see how any of that can equal up to the supernatural cutting ability of the Yamato.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Yamato's FUNCTION is opening dimensional gates. It cannot cut through anything, and it has FAILED to do so on several occasions.

VHDwB2YHhD8
5:38

6iRG3ISYkRs
7:43

b-e-XFZ6_uA
2:33

D7udyZm9Q3w
5:10

JLeRPR6w7Ho
9:19

BloodRain
To add to input;
oPjqSHca0QA
0:03 From an amateur.
bbAudnYRBaA
4:53 With it the weak (Frail to average strength) Sanctus was able to stab and pierce Nero's DB where...
xART6tdWZ3o
0:03 ...a much stronger (Savior stopping strength) stab could not.

lordxalba
Originally posted by BloodRain
To add to input;
oPjqSHca0QA
0:03 From an amateur.
bbAudnYRBaA
4:53 With it the weak (Frail to average strength) Sanctus was able to stab and pierce Nero's DB where...
xART6tdWZ3o
0:03 ...a much stronger (Savior stopping strength) stab could not.

Awesome!!!!

NemeBro
I can comfortably say I did not watch a single one of those videos. estahuh

I've never doubted Dante is faster than Gouki, but other than "Lawl well Yamato has t3h soopa time/space cutz" Gouki not only can easily withstand Dante's attacks, his SSFIV ending shows he can one-shot him.

BloodRain
Not that they were directed to you but ok.

That large speed advantage will give off the force/damage to take down Gouki. Yeah don't see that blast one-shotting him, not with damage soak RG/Dreadnaught and DT. But can he even do that by SFIII?

Gouki may take round 1, not 2.

NemeBro
Not that they were directed to you but ok.

That large speed advantage will give off the force/damage to take down Gouki. Yeah don't see that blast one-shotting him, not with damage soak RG/Dreadnaught and DT. But can he even do that by SFIII?

Gouki may take round 1, not 2. No. One of the single lamest things you can do is use someone's speed as proof that they can hit SOOPAH HARD, hard enough to injure someone who could not be harmed by them based on what they have shown, although it is true IRL, it does not always hold up in fiction. But I digress. Although thinking about it, Dante did stop Savior's punch, did he not? So he may be able to harm Gouki, but not by much, people in Gouki's level in Streetfighter do shit like tank nukes, and Gouki himself has fought inside a volcano with Gouken (Tanking punches from a guy just as powerful as he is), was able to withstand the pressure of a deep sea trench easily, and now that I think about it was fast enough to leap from said trench to above the surface in a few seconds, while kicking a sunken ship in half, which means Dante cannot speedblitz him as easily as you believe. Also, yeah, that blast vaporised that giant section of forest and actually went into space, that will destroy Dante.

Gouki will smirk as Dante's fists fail to harm him in round 1, and he then turns him into a smear on the pavement with a single punch.

BloodRain
soopah.. Don't see why speed isn't a factor in the strength of his hits, like with Flash, Sonic, blah.
Yep, one handed. Speed wise that makes him Mach 2, 3 being generous to what I thought was 1+. Dante's still a few times faster then that, wouldn't this make it somewhat easy to out manoeuvre him? That I remember, from the novel (people have said its canon) Dante used Dreadnought to tank the Savior's giant beam un-scathed. (Overall destruction his blast was probably stronger but this beam is concentrated into one area so..)

Gauntlets increase his strength to a fair degree, Gilgamesh can Just/charge to make the increase much higher. Or burn him with Ifrit, flames that destroy ice creatures that are impervious to volcano fire. Gouki's only taken the heat in a volcano.

CosmicComet
Those videos don't demonstrate anything contradicting what I've said.

Btw, Savior does not punch hard relative to his size, the damage he does to the ground in his cinematic ground punches are no more than some ordinary explosives would do. Two, his punch was slowing down when it was coming at Dante. Three, Sanctus was not weak at that particular time was he?

No End N Site
They both can 1 shot each other, Dante is faster and with the right weaponry, he can get his attack off 1st.

ScreamPaste
Dante has nothing I can imagine one shotting Akuma? no expression

No End N Site
....Yamato.

BloodRain
@CC;
-The only reason there isn't huge damage on the ground is that Dante caught it so the damage was reduced.
-Wasn't the fastest in the world but the camera made it look slower. Still, its was around 100m/s. A large chunk of rock at that speed isn't easy to stop.
-He wasnt anything above average. He cowers when his magic doesn't work in the face of Nero and in the novel its said that when he got demon powers, instead of making him physically stronger he puts that power into his magic. He was only strong when he was using Sparda.

JustFrame
The thing is, with Gouki being in the game that he is, it's incredibly hard to truly gauge all of his abilities. Yes, we are given glimpse and feats that we know of, which have been stated in this thread.

However "speed" is one that is incredibly hard to gauge, especially for any SF character at that. The only character we've been shown gauging in speed was Ryu who was stated officially to be able to dodge bullets with ease, so it wouldn't be overrating that Gouki would at least be of similar speed. However I get the feeling and I wouldn't be "overestimating" his abilities either that most likely he's much, much faster then Ryu, especially the fact that he's holding back his potential.

You also have to consider his Asura Warp which would actually move alot faster then the "running or dodging" capability shown by any SF character. Again this ability I would feel wouldn't be far from the warping capabilities shown from other SF characters like Dictator or Sim's. Although I don't believe it's a true teleport like in case of Dictator to where that would be basically instant, Gouki's Asura Warp would greatly compensate for speed.

Gouki's durability is also hard to gauge, however being able to train in deep ocean waters would equate to a level of durability that has to be amazing. Remember that his durability would greatly exceed the pressures being applied to him in the water if he's capable of moving at such speed, and not only that, but only training at that.

When he also sank the island in Alpha 2 he didn't even utilize a special technique, but simply slamming his fist to the ground which caused the entire island to sink. This is where I start to see some inconsistencies for Gouki, because now I ask, just how powerful is he? I mean, he utilized a special technique in SFIII which only split the mountain into 4 pieces, however was able to sink an entire island without even using a special attack. Yes, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but that's something I wanted to point out.

The other main part I want to emphasize as well is that when Gouki did all of these, the indication points to the fact that he wasn't even going 100% full potential (Gouki when at full potential usually signifies it with an incredible aura that is visibly shown and is also significantly larger then his regular aura). Which would suggest that his full potential is still lying in wait to truly see.

Because the fact is, whenever he's going "full potential" we are never witness to those fights, so therefore at this point I would believe that he would be more then a match for Dante.

However the most significant problem I have with this is that Gouki as a character does not have a very detail reference of his feats or abilities while in contrast Dante does, so it's easy to give a detail list of Dante's abilities and even in some cases try to do educated guesses and estimates of his abilities. Gouki on the other hand does display feats, however those feats were done in times in which Gouki isn't showing or indicating that he's utilizing full potential (Again, the sinking of the island and his splitting of the mountain shows no indication of him in 100% full potential mode).

In my eyes, there is alot to factor in, and honestly, Dante would not have it easy, up against arguably the most powerful character in the SF:Universe say for Ingrid (No way is Gouki in my mind stronger then Ingrid whom is a Goddess who can skip across the clouds, can travel through time and her reference of being hit by a SF character is equivalent to being tickled and we all know how powerful some of the SF characters can hit too!).

I don't lean to one or the other, although obviously I know more about the SF characters, and I don't have full knowledge of Dante's feats besides what I see in the videos posted here and few statements of what people say here. To me, I'm sitting at the neutral standpoint.

lordxalba
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CC8QtwIwCA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTYVZAc_geCA&ei=PzpRTJTFOJHIvQO83vSFBw&usg=AFQjCNFnEayB60IyjPI8D7i9ZsD7tc0pqw

Dante is Awesome in this

BloodRawEngine
^Big ****in' whoop. Now show us something that actually has some relevence to why you think Dante woud win this, because a non-canon crossover game where characters' actual abilities in their respective series compared to one-another play literally no part to any aspect of the game, is not a viable resource.

XMr. WinterX
ok so wait...if Dante is able to put up a great fight with Kratos...how the **** can he be beat by Shin Gouki??? confused

ScreamPaste
Kratos rips Dante's lungs out through his nose. no expression Dante is not putting up a fight against him. Or Akuma, who can sink an island.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Kratos rips Dante's lungs out through his nose. no expression Dante is not putting up a fight against him. Or Akuma, who can sink an island.

A half-devil who can move faster than Hermes, bust a giant monolith with special gauntlets, slash his sword at a blur, wield a motorcycle like a melee weapon, catch a bullet with his teeth, survive mortal wounds and live, grant himself invincible armor briefly, and slow down time will give Kratos a fight.

You really think the Sisters of Fate, Perseus, and Scorpious are above what Dante can do?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
A half-devil who can move faster than Hermes, bust a giant monolith with special gauntlets, slash his sword at a blur, wield a motorcycle like a melee weapon, catch a bullet with his teeth, survive mortal wounds and live, grant himself invincible armor briefly, and slow down time will give Kratos a fight.

You really think the Sisters of Fate, Perseus, and Scorpious are above what Dante can do? You know it's weird, because not a single thing you mentioned implies Dante could even hurt Kratos.

Wanna know what all of those people have in common? Kratos beat them. no expression I think Zeus is far above what Dante can "do."

CosmicComet
@CC;
-The only reason there isn't huge damage on the ground is that Dante caught it so the damage was reduced.

Except we already know what kind of damage Saviour can do with single punches on the ground with no blockage.

Look to the actual fights with him, when he punches the ground it creates a bit of rubble around his fist signifying the kind of damage he would be doing to the environment canonically. Like other sorts of cinematic attacks in actual gameplay, the actual damage 'fades' in a bit of time. That is the lone 'gameplay element' argument you could make in this case; the damage disappears whereas we know in a cutscene it would stay.

Seriously by feats, Kratos punches harder than Savior does, let alone Gouki.

XMr. WinterX
in DMC3 Virgil was cut in half by Dante at the end of the game and a few seconds later it was like it never happened...o.O

BloodRawEngine
Zeus was stabbed about half a dozen times by the Blade of Olympus in GoWII and the worst that happened to him was that, like Virgil, he spent barely a minute in any visible agony.

This barring that neither Rebellion or Yamato are likely anywhere close to the power of the Blade of Olympus, much less Hope from Pandora's Box in GoWIII (and by extension, GoWI), with which Kratos did to Zeus what the BoO failed to (and with his bare hands no less).

But I digress. As I said previously, Akuma's best destructive feats are arguably more than can be said for an unarmed Dante, and even with his main weapons, I wouldn't be surprised if at least Shin Akuma would put up a fight against a DT Dante.

CosmicComet
Zeus has better regen than anyone in DMC.

NemeBro
CosmicComet why did you imply that Saviour punches harder than Gouki?

No End N Site
The Dante hate is truly sickening.

And since when does Kratos punch harder than Akuma?

CosmicComet
No, I meant Akuma punches harder than Savior by an even greater amount. Worded badly.

BloodRawEngine
Zeus has better regen than anyone in DMC.

Probably.

And even then, he'll probably just come back as that specter.

CosmicComet
Nah not probably. Definitely. Dante and Vergil get worn out when doing damage to each other. This happens because they are equals and their regen can only hold up so long against their own strength levels.

Dante fainted after getting stabbed by Vergil twice and did not get up until an indefinite time later as the screen blacked out. And Vergil (as Neo Angelo) was completely bested and had nothing left after Dante beat him the third time in DMC.

Needless to say Kratos is a lot stronger than either of them. (lol he lifts up an entire level). Zeus shrugs off being gutted by the BoO in God of War 2 while Kratos then begins to shave into his innards moving the blade around in him.

Even a fully charged BoO thrust in God of War 3, followed by Gaia's explosive death while he was inside of her, couldn't kill Zeus. Seeing as his Spectre could go back inside his body with no ill effects at all.

Kinda sucks that this thread turned back to GoW though. This is Akuma's fight.

iChaos
What the hell does Kratos have to do with this topic? Nevermind that. How the hell did Kratos end in this topic? And lol @ Dante not being able to hurt Kratos.

BloodRain
Except we already know what kind of damage Saviour can do with single punches on the ground with no blockage.

Look to the actual fights with him, when he punches the ground it creates a bit of rubble around his fist signifying the kind of damage he would be doing to the environment canonically. Like other sorts of cinematic attacks in actual gameplay, the actual damage 'fades' in a bit of time. That is the lone 'gameplay element' argument you could make in this case; the damage disappears whereas we know in a cutscene it would stay.
You mean in gameplay he doesn't change the levels landscape by creating craters or destroy the platform, thus initiation re-start each hit? 'Sides when the level says so it can punch and kick through those platforms so yeah, heavy weight at fast speeds being stopped one handed.
Seriously by feats, Kratos punches harder than Savior does, let alone Gouki.
Ok? Was never an argument that the Savior hit harder then them. By that feat even Dante can hit harder.

Kratos isn't beating him, but its not the time or place for that.

Back to Akuma... Gouki.. >_> the one who's not Dante. Assuming Gouki's speed from the trench-kick and powerscaling, Dante is still over 5x faster by the time of DMC3 without the increase from 4/2, items or DT.

Some reasons why Gouki wont hit Dante: Speed difference, teleport, time powers, RG.
Some ways Dante will hurt Gouki: Slice with Yamato for its significantly higher then normal cutting abilities, barrage with Gilgamesh, scorch him to death with Ifrit, use a gauntlet with a sword and of coarse, DT.

CosmicComet
Those platforms Dante fights on against Savior are thin. It would be pathetic if he couldn't punch through them.

That's the point! If you acknowledge that he doesn't punch that hard then how can Dante stopping one of his punches be considered so impressive a strength feat? It's a good feat but not as much as a first impression will tell you.

None of Dante's attacks, with any weapon or form, are capable of outputting the sheer force Akuma's own island sinking attack puts out, and obviously he has to have the durability to survive his own attack, so Akuma's durability is at least beyond island breaking.

Demonic Phoenix
The Dante hate is truly sickening.

And since when does Kratos punch harder than Akuma?

I for one don't hate him. He's stylish, but at the same time, incredibly cheesy.

He's over-rated though. Not as much as say, Kain or indeed, any LoK character, but still over-rated.

Vergil needs to be in more KMC fights. mmm

Originally posted by iChaos
What the hell does Kratos have to do with this topic? Nevermind that. How the hell did Kratos end in this topic? And lol @ Dante not being able to hurt Kratos.

Kratos has teh Golden Fleece. biscuits

iChaos
Kratos has teh Golden Fleece. biscuits

And Dante has the Royal Guard, so what's your point?

Stupid question: How much can bridges weigh up to?

Demonic Phoenix
And Dante has the Royal Guard, so what's your point?

Stupid question: How much can bridges weigh up to?

That the Golden Fleece > Royal Guard. biscuits

Modern, or ancient?

iChaos
I think otherwise but okay.

Modern.

XanatosForever
I saw some people trying to argue that Dante will be slicing things up with Yamato and whatnot, and I felt that it was necessary to quote the OP so everyone knows what The Scenario (lolpun) is up to.

Seeing as that lulzy spitey thread devolved into Dante vs. Gouki, I decided to make this one.

- DMC2 Dante. He cannot use Quicksilver. Has no items or Amulets. Does not have access to DDT.

- Gouki (by the time of SFIII).

Round 1: Melee fight only. Dante gets access to Gilgamesh, Ifrit & Beowulf.

Round 2: Dante gets access to every Devil Arm & Firearm he has used (in the games), barring Sparda & Yamato. Gouki starts this round with his full power i.e. He does not enter the round in his 'normal' form.

Demonic Phoenix
I think otherwise but okay.

Modern.

Royal Guard wouldn't stand up to the Blade of Olympus. The fleece does. 313

The Brooklyn Bridge, a Suspension Bridge, has a total mass of about 15000 tons. The actual deck (suspended part) is about 6600 tons. Those figures are in short tons most likely.

iChaos
So Dante is just that strong...yeah.

Demonic Phoenix
When does he lift an entire suspension bridge? DMC2?

iChaos
He destroyed one, lol. Anime.

Demonic Phoenix
Ahh. Was it a Suspension Bridge? Also, how exactly did he destroy it?

Anyway, an Island >>>> Bridge. 313

iChaos
Yeh. By shooting it laughing

BloodRain
Those platforms Dante fights on against Savior are thin. It would be pathetic if he couldn't punch through them.

That's the point! If you acknowledge that he doesn't punch that hard then how can Dante stopping one of his punches be considered so impressive a strength feat? It's a good feat but not as much as a first impression will tell you.

None of Dante's attacks, with any weapon or form, are capable of outputting the sheer force Akuma's own island sinking attack puts out, and obviously he has to have the durability to survive his own attack, so Akuma's durability is at least beyond island breaking.

Then there's nothing besides vs Nero but then they cant go and create large dents on field for each missed strike.

An impressive strength feat in the DMC verse. Him with a punch as strong as a thousand ton flying brick is enough without his 5/6 strength enhancements.

Not really, a glass cannon guy could uppercut Africa to the moon but still be shot and killed. Oh really;
-A barrage of JustCharge Gilgamesh will damage him, double digits times strength increase with a speed that Akuma wont touch.
-Ifrit bypasses his heat resistance easily. If they touch him he'll burn to death.
-Pandora's Revenge and Omen.
-Gauntlet+Sword, actually I'm not seeing much to say that a sword alone wont work no expression
-Not that it'll come to it, E&I BFR.
Wonder if DT is needed for this.

XMr. WinterX
Dante will win by simply using Pandoras Box or Gilgamesh...DT will make it a stomp...like someone said in some other thread and i have seen it myself...in the end of DMC3 Vergil was sliced in half by Dante...few seconds later he acted like it never happened...Dante way tougherestahuh

NemeBro
An impressive strength feat in the DMC verse. Him with a punch as strong as a thousand ton flying brick is enough without his 5/6 strength enhancements. Can you rephrase this sentence?

I honestly have no idea what the hell you are talking about. no expression

BloodRain
Originally posted by NemeBro
Can you rephrase this sentence?

I honestly have no idea what the hell you are talking about. no expression
Apologise. Should really check what I say first.

It may not be an impressive feat in another verse, but it is a great one in the DMC-verse. Dante is able to hit harder then the a thousand+ ton, fast moving object, and without any of his few strength enhancements. And that strength with his other abilities is enough to seriously damage Gouki.

raikiri
wow, i only read the first page of this thread and i have to say that the biasness towards akuma or gouki or whatever is rediculous.

I have played all the SF games by heart and all DMC games. I really dont think that island destroying or forest destroying or submarine destroying punches, really account for anything. if you havent noticed, those objects are inanimate, they cant think or defend or move even...

i mean if this is the quality of judging someones victory in a match, that is based on an ending movie, than i think we should wait till namco decides to animate an ending movie for pacman which shows him destroying two islands or a large city and you guys will agree that he will win.

or maybe tomorrow there will be a donkey kong reboot where they will show him destroying a full forest or the complete amazon jungle in his ending, i think he will un-disputedly become everyones God here. if these are the standards than any one shown doing anything more powerful than busting 2 submarines is the ultimate bad ass...

ok sarcasm aside, really in a fight alot of things matter. punching still and lifeless ground, not really a combat feat.

as for this thread, anything is possible. but the reason for that possibility is not akuma or gouki or whatever punching some stationary objects.

Silly Goose
Oh how you will love it here!

crimson_2010
Dante would roast Gouki ass for dinner

Rascaduanok

Tha C-Master
That, and Street Fighter characters are usually highly overlooked at times. You can probably count on one hand the number of characters in Street Fighter that match/surpass Akuma. That is because of their story and gameplay segregation. Gamewise they don't do a whole lot, but story wise is another issue entirely.

BloodRain
This should of ended at the start. Both rounds go to Dante, did think that there was a possibility that he'd lose the first one but either of the gauntlets give him the win.

NemeBro
I forgot all about this thread.

Anyway, Gouki's durability is at the least in the mountain range. When fighting Gouken, they both leveled mountains while fighting with barrages of Hadoukens. Also, we has to consider powerscaling. Shin Bison, who is around Shin Gouki's power level (Prolly, may be lower, dunno), was able to survive a massive explosion that destroyed his base, mushroom cloud and all, which was done with nukez courtesy of Charlie. Also, he could stand without any discomfort in a deep sea trench. Which means his body is immensely durable all over, even t3h eyeballs. Oh, and he fought Gouken inside a volcano. Yey. Also, with a single leap while destroying the sunken ship with a kick, in that few seconds he went from the sea trench to above the surface. While doing a kick. Yey.

BloodRain
Havant seen the mountain one. Trench doesn't really help, that's less then 8 tons per square inch of pressure. Good but not against super-strength. Also everyone's saying its a trench, how do we know as all we do know is that its in the deep ocean? Covered the kick earlier... I think. Finally the volcano doesnt mean he can survive the heat from Ifrit.

No End N Site
I still say Dante wins with the right equipment but....Originally posted by BloodRain
Also everyone's saying its a trench, how do we know as all we do know is that its in the deep ocean?

The Sub operator was pretty damn suprised that a human being was down by where the sub was. It had to be inceredibly deep if a sub was needed to reach its depths.

NemeBro
I'll answer BR's post later or not at all, but I am pretty sure in one of those loser guide thingies that explain shit that happened it said it was an ocean trench.

BloodRain
I still say Dante wins with the right equipment but....

The Sub operator was pretty damn suprised that a human being was down by where the sub was. It had to be inceredibly deep if a sub was needed to reach its depths.
Id think anyone would be surprised to see a guy standing on a wreckage even if it was only in the sunlit zone From the vid all we know is that its anywhere near the twilight zone.
Oh and a sub is usually used in those salvage operations, doesnt speak for the depth.

Unless Neme's right about the guide thing.

No End N Site
Id think anyone would be surprised to see a guy standing on a wreckage even if it was only in the sunlit zone From the vid all we know is that its anywhere near the twilight zone.
Oh and a sub is usually used in those salvage operations, doesnt speak for the depth.

Unless Neme's right about the guide thing.

The sub's name is Deep Sea 3000. It was deeper than where any living man can go with no aid.

BloodRain
Deeper then any living man can go without gear, that's only like 300m.

NemeBro
I've walked on the core of the Earth son.

No End N Site

Unless Neme's right about the guide thing. You can try to downplay it all you want but the man was clearly standin' on a ship that was, in turn, sittin' on the sea floor. Capcom labels the act as inhumanly powerful.

-edit-
It should also be noted that all of this occurs while holdin' back massive amounts of his power.

BloodRain
You can try to downplay it all you want but the man was clearly standin' on a ship that was, in turn, sittin' on the sea floor. Capcom labels the act as inhumanly powerful.

-edit-
It should also be noted that all of this occurs while holdin' back massive amounts of his power.
Not downplaying anything here. Only questioning if its know, theorised or guessed how deep it is. (Sea floors not a trench) And it isn't about the strength feat as there's better examples if that.
Duly noted but ^ but the strength isn't the feat being looked at.

Since when were you classed as a normal man, Neme?

NemeBro
But I am a LIVING man, for none can fell me in battle.

Darkstorm Zero
If it was a trench, there would be little to no sunlight reaching Gouki. But thats moot anyways.

Here, check this, his is the data on the Earth's deepest trench, Mariana. At the very bottom of the Mariana, it's over 1,000 atmostpheric pressures down there. Thats 1,000 times the pressure we get up here... Err, Damn...

If, (and this is a big if) Gouki could survive an accent as fast as he could from the ascent of the Tenshou Kaireki Jin... Then he is more than durable enough to survive explosive decompression, which means his internal organs are hella durable...

No End N Site
Not downplaying anything here. Only questioning if its know, theorised or guessed how deep it is. (Sea floors not a trench)

'I' never said it was a trench. I don't know what the hell it was. Alls I'm sayin' is that it's damn deep and worthy of mention in this thread.

And it isn't about the strength feat as there's better examples if that.
Duly noted but ^ but the strength isn't the feat being looked at.

I never said anything about strength, I said "power", as in the ability to do things in general. Power and strength aint the same thing.

BloodRain
The only thing this feat is for is the amount of pressure he takes. The depth would change is he's taking 100, 600 or 1000 atmosphere's.

By power its great, but its only the resistance I'm interested in.

Darkstorm Zero
If we are talking about trench tepths, then this feat would also mean that gouki could conceivably travel at least 11.3 kmph in seconds without the Ashura Senkuu warp... Thats is quite a damn distance at speed.

Now this may sound like a stupid question, but... Would a sunken ship have stayed intact at those depths?

No End N Site

Now this may sound like a stupid question, but... Would a sunken ship have stayed intact at those depths?
Yeah, not to mention that the human body would literaly explode from The Bends. And from goin' down way less and commin' up way slower.

It's actually happened in real life: people's bodies explode cuz they leave the Decompression Chambers too early. Akuma was deep in the sea and sky rocketed back to normal pressure in moments. A normal man would have been torn to bits.

BloodRain
Mm yeah if it was Miriana deep then it says good things for his speed. Still think it can be vaguely anywhere under the 1km line to 6km.

Couldn't find anything on what pressure ships succumb to necking and the likes.

Classic NES
It was around 300 M underwater. It says so in the ending.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Classic NES
It was around 300 M underwater. It says so in the ending. sawFg3DeTJU

Where?

Classic NES
doh

Been waaay too long since I've seen that ending. It says 150M till we reach observation point, my bad. Disregard.

BloodRain
It does show that the ship was about 100m below the point where little light reaches.

Darkstorm Zero
Yeah well, the fact that some light reaches him means that it at least isn't trench depth, but lower than where twilight starts.

That puts it at best around 1 to 6 km depths, especially around the Pacific or Atlantic oceans.

Demonic Phoenix
So assuming it's 3 km beneath sea level: He reached the surface in a couple of seconds am I right? He should be faster in the air due to less drag.

NemeBro
And, you know, not having to basically lift a sunken ship with your foot while doing a kick.

BloodRain
Still think its <1km from when they turned the light on but, meh.

killermover
Gouki wins, he's stronger demon than Dante.

Jinkaza1987
@killermover..... dude.... duude.... duuude.... dont raise the dead...or the souls of their fans will haunt you for eternity...

unrealman
the maxiuam depth that the deep sub in the ending which is the the Shinkai 3000 can go is 3,000 meters, the number beside it 3000 refers to it's maxiuam depth. yes in the Japanese ending the sub is called Shinkai 3000.

150m is 459.3 in feet acorrding to Yahoo.

TheGoldenSpy
LOL Akuma murders the devil kid. Not even much of a fight. Supersonic speed is more than enough to keep Dante on his toes, especially with that much striking power Dante doesn't even compare, Just because he can cut rain doesn't mean he is untouchable. Plenty of much slower more obvious things have hit Dante. Way more durable, and that omnidirectional attack he does at the end of SSFIV is more than enough to vaporize him and make his slight speed advantage useless. His Hadoukens are way more powerful than those Yamato slashes aswell. Quicksilver might of helped him win some fights, but he doesn't have that here.

Akuma would teach Dante the real meaning of being a demon.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by unrealman
the maxiuam depth that the deep sub in the ending which is the the Shinkai 3000 can go is 3,000 meters, the number beside it 3000 refers to it's maxiuam depth. yes in the Japanese ending the sub is called Shinkai 3000.

150m is 459.3 in feet acorrding to Yahoo.

Please prove that the maximum depth the shinkai can go is 3,000 meters. The term 3000 could be a model number for all anyone knows...

I've heard the 3,000 figure being used for everything, including 3,000 km depths, 3,000 leagues... even friggin speed figures... and nobody has ever proven it.

As for the 150 meters mentioned, we don't know how long or how far the Shinkai has already been in the water for at that point. The only thing we know for sure, is that the depth Akuma was at was below the point where Twilight starts, well below, because it's quite dark.

sawFg3DeTJU

unrealman
it's maxiuam depth is 3000 meters I got that form article on the internet.

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/jamstec_news/20070209/ship.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/jamstec-e/ships/shinkai1.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/equipment/ships/shinkai6500.html

edit: both the Shinkai 2000 and the Shinaki 6500 both have numbers on them which stands for their maxiuam depth 2000 meters / 6500 meters respectfully.

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/equipment/ships/kaiko7000.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/equipment/ships/natsushima.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/equipment/ships/kaiyo.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/equipment/ships/yokosuka.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/equipment/ships/mirai.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/equipment/ships/kairei.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/equipment/ships/hakuhomaru.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/equipment/ships/tanseimaru.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/equipment/ships/chikyu.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/equipment/ships/urashima.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/equipment/ships/hyperdolphin.html

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/press_release/20080616/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.