Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supagal72001
The Daredevil is coming up!!! I am soooo excited about it - i love
Ben and the comic! i was surfin for some fansites and entered a
contest. theyre givin away a 6ft Daredevil stand-up cardboard, the
soundtrack and stuff.
http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p3090.htm

Later

Myndon
DareDevil looks ace big grin and i wanna see it
but i can't mad pfft cause its a 15 and i'm 15 in july

mah
the trailer looks incredibly bad

finti
so I werent alone thinking that

strider
OH NO IN ALL LIKELYHOOD THE MOVIE WILL STINK BE HECK IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE COMIC... ALL 900 OF YOU .. YOULL GO TO SEE IT.. I THOUGHT THE COMIC BOOK WAS OK.. IT WAS NEVER THAT POPULAR REALLY... I LIKED IT THOUH SO ILL GO TO SEE IT.

O AND YOU HAVE TO BE UNDER 18 TO ENTER THAT CONTEST.. CMON MATE HOW YOUNG DO YOU THINK WE ARE ON HERE LOL

Ushgarak
It just got a very positive review on Film 2003 over here.

The comic book was VERY big stuff and started the Graphic Novel revival of the 80s (as Frank Miller then went on to help re-create Batman, which led as time went by down the line to graphic novels with the stature, plots and characters at least as good as normal novels, started off by one offs like V for Vendetta, and The Watchmen (one of the best stories I have ever read and still vying to be filmed, by Terry Gilliam), and later into series like Hellblazer and the Sandman.)

Inevitably, they are about to ruin Hellblazer, as they have cast Keanu Reeves as Constantine. Yeah, great way to cast a Liverpudlian living in cockney London... oh, what is this... they have made John Constantine American? HUH??? Did they decide to make Batman British? DON'T THINK SO! Damn it, Constantine is one of the greatest fictional characters ever, and renowned for his BRAINS, and they make him an American played by Keanu???????? Brain... cannot... comprehend...

Anyway, seem to have strayed... but Daredevil is of good pedigree and looks rather good.

BackFire349
ill see it probably.

finti
comic book heros shouold be left in the comic books

Ushgarak
If you can film normal novels you can film graphic ones.

finti
too many out there allready

Darth Vicious
Hello guys, ill go see the movie, specially because Jeniffer Garner is in it, but as far as Ben Affleck, he is the wrong person to play Daredevil, first of Daredevil is blonde i think Matt Damon would have been a better candidate, i think Ben Affleck sucks, i think he is to cheesy!

legolas_luver
well i heard from my brother it is supposed to be crap but then again i'm gonna watch it anyway to find out for meself and the trailler looked gd, but that is what they did to gingersnaps and the movie was crap and slow. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tex
Ill rent it.

KJ
I thought it looks really bad. I look at it and think "Have I seen this before?". I just looks like every other comic book movie.

Normal guy, terrible accident, suddenly got superpowers, what does he do? be good or bad? Beautiful girl, psycho villain etc

finti
right on dude, and we havent gotten to Hulk yet roll eyes (sarcastic)

Corran
Or the silver surfer.

Faction
Ah, cut the guy some slack, will ya? It's a comic book movie, for Christ sake! It's bound to be full of action and beautiful women! Duh! Don't complain about a movie if it's being what it's supposed to. In my view, people were too harsh on Blade 2, because the storyline wasn't top-notch. For the love of everything, it's a comic book movie!!!! If it's a comic book movie, you judge it like a comic book movie, not a long emotional teary romance flick. People don't go to see Blade, Spider-Man, X-Men and Daredevil to see oscar-winning performances (and whoever does is a muppet in a book). They go to see kickass action, snappy one-liners and a sexy girl that's a screaming brat/kickass chick.

Ushgarak
Yes, I agree.

Darth Vicious
Ive just seen DD over the weekend and i gotta say it wasnt that bad, it was entertaining, Jennifer GArner was just gorgeous, bullseye and kingpin were also entertaining but i wasnt into Ben Affleck as DD , overall it was pretty good, it was no Spider-Man but it was ok!

GOONIEGIRL
I am going to see Daredevil this weekend. I am anxious to see if it will be anything as good as Spiderman. I think it wil be ok, but not better.
Nothing to write home about I'm sure.

And The Hulk??? I am so disappointed with the trailer I seen. I grew up watching the Incredible Hulk and it is much more realistic to have a REAL HUMAN BEING potraying BOTH characters. Come on!?! I hate the computer generated Hulk! mad

Ushgarak
What do you mean by 'realistic'? The point is that this is a more purest version. The Hulk in the comics can't really be protrayed by a guy in green make-up.

Darth Vicious
I agree with GoonieGirl about the Hulk, ive seen the latest trailer and The Hulk looks awful, i got nothing against CGI but it looks too fake.

BOPRecruit 16
i saw daredevil recently, it was kind of a disappointment in a way. the people who made it, seemed to overdo the action and special effects, but didn't pay enough attention to detail.

i agree with darth vicious on hulk being too fake looking.

can't wait to see spider-man 2, x2, and the other comics making it to the big screen ^.~ *i'm a newbie*

GOONIEGIRL
Exactly. The Hulk is TOO fake looking. That is what I was trying to get at. I don't mind CG, but when it's like this it looks awful. And by the way Ushgarak, Lou Ferrigno looked just fine in green make-up. That is the REAL Hulk I remember. Take a look!
http://www.art.com/asp/sp.asp?PD=10042855

Ushgarak
That may be the 'real' Hulk you remember, but it is not the real Hulk. Even if they fail, the ONLY way to do the real Hulk would be cgi.

GOONIEGIRL
Ok...everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That happens to be mine.

LanceWindu
One major descrepancy I found in the movie trailers compared to the comic is Elektra is bald in the comic and she is more of an Asian woman.

Also Daredevil's costume is blue and red in the comic, not pure blood red.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.