Thor, Ikaris vs Orion, Lightray

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Tell it like it is.

Black bolt z
T2

Stoic
Is this fight too close to call?

Harbinger
Could Lightray use his powers to amp the power of Orion's Astro Force?

Outside of knowing whether or not this is conceivable, I'll say team one 7/10.

Stoic
Originally posted by Harbinger

Well this is a team battle, and since none of these guys are turtles do you think that the other team would sit idly by and wait until the other amps?

The Nuul
Lightray is by far the fastest person here.

Combo to KO FTW!

Stoic
Originally posted by The Nuul
Lightray is by far the fastest person here.

Combo to KO FTW!

What about Ikaris' abiliity to use mind tricks?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Stoic
What about Ikaris' abiliity to use mind tricks?

Some writers have the NG's as immune to TP attacks or mind tricks. especially when you have the MB to protect you or back you up.

Desaad
Originally posted by Harbinger

That seems really unlikely, and it's certainly never been done before.

On the one hand, Lightray is pretty stupidly powerful. The guy's created a star, show molecule manipulation abilities, some pretty heavy energy absorption across all spectrums, including life force energy from Orion, etc. And yeah, he seems like he reacts at the speed of light and he can travel at even faster speeds.

On the other, his actual combat record against bricks is pretty uninspiring. Outside of a single owning of Mongul (admittedly, an LOL moment) in a series of dubious continuity, he's had problems with more physical foes like Kalibak and Orion (losing to both, multiple times). I think Ikaris might fall into that arena.

Beyond that, I don't think Ikaris' little tricks are going to work. He's not a great telepath, and with the New Gods' even spotty resistance (sometimes they're totally immune, sometimes not, sometimes motherbox and will power help, etc) I don't htink it's going to be a factor. Certainly Lightray is a better energy projector. But Ikaris, as an Eternal, is crazy durable, and he's an extremely fierce warrior, so I give him a solid win over Lightray.

Meanwhile, I think Orion/Thor is incredibly close, maybe a 50/50.

So team 1 wins.

Prep-Man
Nice to see you around, As. Wish you would come around more often.

Diana Stevens
Team 2. I don't think Ikaris is going to be able to catch LR. He's such a puss that he would likely just fly around going all fast and stuff and fight at a distance.

Desaad
That's what Lightray SHOULD do, but whenever he fights a physically dominant foe like Orion or Kalibak he tends to come in closer than he should. He's twice been defeated by Kalibak this way, where he might have won if he had stayed away, and once by Orion when he was insane and evil. He tackled Takion when he was evil/insane as well, rather than trying to fight from a distance.

It's his thing, he's not a great tactician, he's a great strategist.

Diana Stevens
Originally posted by Desaad
That's what Lightray SHOULD do, but whenever he fights a physically dominant foe like Orion or Kalibak he tends to come in closer than he should. He's twice been defeated by Kalibak this way, where he might have won if he had stayed away, and once by Orion when he was insane and evil. He tackled Takion when he was evil/insane as well, rather than trying to fight from a distance.

It's his thing, he's not a great tactician, he's a great strategist. Orion and Kalibak are some of the best fighters in comics. And they both have sticken it to Superman. I don't think Ikaris has that kind of credit. So LR would still beat him IMO. When Ikaris can take it to Thor or Gladiator, then he would be on Orion or Kalibak's level. But he can't. So Ray would still win IMO.

iceman24567
Lol some of the best fighters in comics? LOL oh Nvr

The Nuul
Originally posted by Diana Stevens
Orion and Kalibak are some of the best fighters in comics. And they both have sticken it to Superman. I don't think Ikaris has that kind of credit. So LR would still beat him IMO. When Ikaris can take it to Thor or Gladiator, then he would be on Orion or Kalibak's level. But he can't. So Ray would still win IMO.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Desaad
Oh, it's nvr.

Nvr mind.

iceman24567
As if we didnt know already I can't believe he's still socking. Its been like 2 years now erm

Psychopath001
Yeah... I'm gonna give this one to Team one

celeyhyga17
Team 2
6/10

I think Ikaris is the weakest link even though he's not "weak".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.