Beavis and Butt-head are BACK!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bro SMASH
Yep, you heard it! The classic animated comedy from the 90s is finally getting a revival!

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/they_re_back_PZVN8lcKHQYVIYx3xAJRtM

I can't wait! big grin

SamZED
Glad to hear. But tbh id rather they made more king of the hill episodes...

Bro SMASH
How come? King of the Hill was around for long time. Why ask for more?

Bro SMASH
Looks like it'll be back this summer. Good! At least there will be something worth watching on MTV.

Kazenji
I'd rather see Beavis and Butthead, With King Of The Hill its usally hit or miss with the episodes.

darthmaul1
IMO it Won't last cause most people who watch MTV now are into the hip hop, or pop or Justin bloody beiber. And they won't get a couple of head bangers into metal etc.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by darthmaul1
IMO it Won't last cause most people who watch MTV now are into the hip hop, or pop or Justin bloody beiber. And they won't get a couple of head bangers into metal etc.

You're an idiot. If it doesn't last, it won't be because of the reason you give.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by darthmaul1

Please! The things you just mentioned are probably the reason people DON'T watch MTV. Plus, let's not forget those reality shows that simply don't need to be on that channel.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by LanceWindu
You're an idiot. If it doesn't last, it won't be because of the reason you give.

Chuck you Farley, if people don't watch it's going to get turffed

Darth Piggott
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Please! The things you just mentioned are probably the reason people DON'T watch MTV. Plus, let's not forget those reality shows that simply don't need to be on that channel.

I think that reality shows may be the reason Beavis and Butthead could not be successful. The people who grew up watching MTV don't really watch it now because of the reality TV shows. I remember when music was all that MTV played, and a few shows. Now every time you turn it on, it's either Made, Teen Mom, or Jersey Shore. Music is only played during the early morning hours when hardly anyone is up.

I would definitely watch Beavis and Butthead if it came back on. I still watch the movie from time to time, on my ole VCR.

Bro SMASH
I don't see how that's a reason why it cannot be successful. People still love Beavis and Butt-head even to this day and they would flock to it once it's on MTV.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I don't see how that's a reason why it cannot be successful. People still love Beavis and Butt-head even to this day and they would flock to it once it's on MTV.
The demographics of metalheads are significantly lower this generation compared to the 90's.

Today, even screamo bands are considered metal. And if there will be a Beavis and Butthead revival, they'd never showcase screamo bands.

Bro SMASH
Beavis and Butt-head being metalheads wasn't the reason for their success in the first place, though.

Gravevomit
Yes it was, because they liked metal and for being idiots.

Bro SMASH
Only for being idiots, not because they liked metal. Heck, not even all the music videos they commentated on were metal.

People are gonna still watch this show, whether they're metalheads or not. Everybody knows that that's a big trait of theirs so it's not gonna harm their success in the slightest.

quanchi112
I personally never understood the appeal of this show.

Bro SMASH
People just love their stupidity and crazy minds. Back then, it was something new for an animated series.

But the thing is, it's true to life. The way they act is kind of typical for teenagers and that's why so many of them can relate to Beavis and Butt-head. Sitting around eating nachos while watching TV, would whether be entertained than educated, and hopes to "score" someday? I think many young people would understand where they're coming from.

ADarksideJedi
Never allowed to watch it as a kid but it should be interesting to watch it now.

Kazenji
Comic-con preview

0DItnP2mcmc

Pallas
Can't wait. I just wish they had updated the animation though.

Bro SMASH
I'm pretty sure they did. It'll likely look a lot better on TV.

Bro SMASH
I just watched one of the new episodes last night.

Same old Beavis and Butt-head...which is good because that means they're still hilarious.

the ninjak
First ep was hillarious.

Mr. Marshall
I'm really glad they're back on TV. Now I can watch MTV again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.