Cosmic Avengers Vs Green Lantern Corps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Had to be done. DC's premier cosmic group vs Marvel's current cosmic group. ok, not all of them:

Hal
Kyle
Sodam Yat
Kilowog
John Stewart
Guy Gardner

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8190/741074-bln_0p14_15_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1300457-cosmic_avengers_large.jpg

Slaanesh
team GL for majority

Kyle beat Quasar
Sodam Yat beat Glad
Kilowog beat BRB
John Stewart beat Nova
Guy Gardner beat Ronan
Hal can hold Surfer for a while until someone finish off their opponent and help him..

Juk3n
I see GL Kyle. DC win.

Stoic
The Gl's all have the same power except for Yat, how do they win against a team with so many powersets? Nah The Cosmic Avengers would take this. Gladiator alone would be hell for more than one GL, as would Bill, and The Surfer. The GL's are overmatched.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Stoic
The Gl's all have the same power except for Yat, how do they win against a team with so many powersets? Nah The Cosmic Avengers would take this. Gladiator alone would be hell for more than one GL, as would Bill, and The Surfer. The GL's are overmatched.

Same powerset as in doing pretty much anything? Uh, yeah.

Warlord
Originally posted by Slaanesh
team GL for majority

Kyle beat Quasar
Sodam Yat beat Glad
Kilowog beat BRB
John Stewart beat Nova
Guy Gardner beat Ronan
Hal can hold Surfer for a while until someone finish off their opponent and help him..

wow what a stomp...lol

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Warlord
wow what a stomp...lol

that's not a stomp..none of them will have an easy fight..except for Guy maybe..Ronan isn't that great..

Stoic
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Same powerset as in doing pretty much anything? Uh, yeah.

How many times have we seen GL shields torn to pieces by guys that could shatter asteroids with ease? Lets see... Lobo, who Hal could not contain during his L.E.G.I.O.N 9X stint, Superman... the list goes on and on. Well there are at least 4 guys on the Cosmic Avengers team that could match those feats. So if they can puncture a GL's Shield what would their blows do to a GL's body, barring Yat if they hit them up close?

Prep-Man
How many times have we seen GL shields torn to pieces by guys that could shatter asteroids with ease? Lets see... Lobo, who Hal could not contain during his L.E.G.I.O.N 9X stint, Superman... the list goes on and on. Well there are at least 4 guys on the Cosmic Avengers team that could match those feats. So if they can puncture a GL's Shield what would their blows do to a GL's body, barring Yat if they hit them up close?

And how many times has they defeated such guys? A lot, if you look into it. Hell, Kilowog did well against Superman himself.

iceman24567
Lobo just showed he could pwn shields and constructs of just about every spectrum erm

byrdgang21
Marvel team wins due to their versatility of powers. And if its a long drawn out fight the GLs power will diminish not to mention that Quasar and Surfer can power drain.

Prep-Man
team GL for majority

Kyle beat Quasar
Sodam Yat beat Glad
Kilowog beat BRB
John Stewart beat Nova
Guy Gardner beat Ronan

Ki > BRB? Seriously?

Psychopath001
team GL for majority

Kyle beat Quasar
Sodam Yat beat Glad
Kilowog beat BRB
John Stewart beat Nova
Guy Gardner beat Ronan

Lol

You're joking with this, right?

How exactly does John Stewart beat Nova?
Even more interesting, how does KILOWOG beat Beta Ray Bill...?
I can't say much about Ronan since it seems his power level in most comics are constantly fluctuating.
Sodam Yat beats Gladiator. Seriously?!

I think you need to go back and do another review before posting your conclusion.

Stoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
Lobo just showed he could pwn shields and constructs of just about every spectrum erm

Wonder Woman can as well, so let's see here... There seems to be a whole lot of guys here, that are at least on her level of strength or better.

Prep-Man
Didn't John take down the League once? I know Hal did it. Even Pre-crisis.

marwash22
Can GL rings be drained?

Didn't John take down the League once? I know Hal did it. Even Pre-crisis. most of them can take the league when they go rogue and the others are limited by CIP and PIS

BattleMage
Cosmic Avengers and easy

BruceSkywalker
GLC and they prolly stomp especially since they know how to work together..

the Cosmic Avengers have only been together what 22 pages so i cannot base anything off that whether or not the CA can do something.. Give the CA say a month or two of doing something of consequence then we can find out what would happen

"Id"
Lobo does surprisingly well against green lanterns.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by "Id"
Lobo does surprisingly well against green lanterns.

none of them were even serious in that fight

Ki > BRB? Seriously?

i think it''ll be a good fight..i give Kilowog a small majority..

Originally posted by Psychopath001
Lol

You're joking with this, right?

How exactly does John Stewart beat Nova?
Even more interesting, how does KILOWOG beat Beta Ray Bill...?
I can't say much about Ronan since it seems his power level in most comics are constantly fluctuating.
Sodam Yat beats Gladiator. Seriously?!

I think you need to go back and do another review before posting your conclusion.

why would i be joking..

i gave any top tier lantern a win against Nova
Sodam is a daxamite..his physical attribute can match Glad..but he has a GL ring to give him the advantage..

cdtm

And we've also seen GL shields hold back the entire Crime Syndicate for over two hours, bottle up a super nova, protect John and MM from a planets worth of matter/antimatter exploding, slow down Doomsday for awhile, cause Despero's eyebeam to backfire, tank Supermans blows...

iceman24567
Wonder Woman can as well, so let's see here... There seems to be a whole lot of guys here, that are at least on her level of strength or better. Really when?

MONSTAR
CA in a stomp.

iceman24567

i think it''ll be a good fight..i give Kilowog a small majority..

why would i be joking..

i gave any top tier lantern a win against Nova
Sodam is a daxamite..his physical attribute can match Glad..but he has a GL ring to give him the advantage.. This actually sounds rightthumb up

"Id"

The recent GL issue isn't the only time Lobo has fought a GL. In every encounter I can think of, he seems to be able to walk right though those constructs.

Prep-Man
Do you have the scans of those instances?

Naija boy
Cosmic avengers.

the ninjak
C Avengers have the variation to create an opening between them and the GL's assualt then procede to pick them off.

Prep-Man
Do you have the scans of those instances?

dmills
I'm curious as to why Slaanesh would say he'd give any top tier Lantern a win over Nova?

I'll be waiting...

Martian_mind
Cosmic avengers.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by dmills
I'm curious as to why Slaanesh would say he'd give any top tier Lantern a win over Nova?

I'll be waiting...

The ones that could take Nova are Hal, Kyle, and Alan, IMO.

Slaanesh

I'll be waiting...

u don't think top tier GL like Hal,Kyle and Killowog can beat Nova??

axelraptor
CA

WhiteWitchKing
u don't think top tier GL like Hal,Kyle and Killowog can beat Nova??

Not Kilowog that's for damn sure. And no way is Kilowog beating Beta Ray. BRB absorbs his attacks and caves the boar's head in.

cdtm
The recent GL issue isn't the only time Lobo has fought a GL. In every encounter I can think of, he seems to be able to walk right though those constructs.

It'd be a short fight if he couldn't.

But Guy with his yellow ring and Jack T. Chance actually did pretty well, until plot devices/loss of focus swung the advantage back to the main man.

dmills
u don't think top tier GL like Hal,Kyle and Killowog can beat Nova?? I don't read DC so I'm not familiar enough to know. I'm curious to know what specific strengths TT GL's have that would have you say they all beat Nova?

Slaanesh
I don't read DC so I'm not familiar enough to know. I'm curious to know what specific strengths TT GL's have that would have you say they all beat Nova?

a top tier GL is far more versatile than Nova..their versatility is even comparable to Surfer..and when i said top tier..i mean the big guys in the corp..not the sidekick like Natu,Arisia or Isamot..

cdtm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/green_lantern_corps_quarterly_08_41.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/green_lantern_corps_quarterly_08_42.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/green_lantern_corps_quarterly_08_43.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/green_lantern_corps_quarterly_08_44.jpg

Jack T. Chance had no training at all and was able to own Lobo. Of course, 'Bo got him in the end, but only by exploiting the yellow weakness smearing yellow blood all over himself.

Guy Gardners done similarly well when he had the yellow ring.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.