Street Fighter X Tekken

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

No End N Site
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jul/24/ono-announcements-comic-con-2010/

This isn't some random idiot Capcom/Namco fan demand, this shit is real.

XanatosForever
Wow...Capcom's really whoring itself out there, huh?

CosmicComet
wtf. pointless game.

No End N Site
I refuse to believe Capcom thought this damn game up. They had to have been approached by Namco, to have done this ridiculous shit. Why the hell would they make ANOTHER VS game when they have Power Stone, Plasma Sword, Project Justice and all them other damn IPs they can put hella marketing behind and revive.

And should I mention DARKSTALKERS PHUCKIN' 4, Capcom! WTF are you doing? I aint buyin' this shit, even if they released it for 1 damn $. The fact that they are makin' another SFIII (which I prayed for) doesn't even excite me at all at this point. The announcement of another VS game has just stomped all over my hype.

Weak...

Bro SMASH
Well I am somewhat interested in this, (though I was really hoping for Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter). I use to think of what a crossover between these two would be like so I'm kinda interested in this but I know I'll get it.

Zack Fair
LoL. This was rumored for a while in the fighting community. I thought it was a silly rumor and I think no one really wanted it, but I suppose it is not that bad. I need to check out the teaser. Supposedly Kazuya beat Dan up rofl

Zack Fair
Gameplay

v0BwPhjzngQ

I was iffy at first but I must say Kazuya is looking great in 2d and his moves look as painful as ever if not even more brutal.

Frisky Dingo
As good as this game might B, it's a bad idea. This was sumthing I hoped would never happen or a least not now. I hope Capcom knows they have just given it's fans 1 of the biggest middle fingers they have given N a long time. U have MVC3 on the way, give it a rest already. What's up with DS and RS? Street Fighter VS Tekken = bull shit + slap N the face. U pass up all your other fighters so that U can make a game no 1 asked 4. Great......just great. I'm not buying this either, no matter how good it is.

RE: Blaxican
Oh for the love of God... all this "loyalty to the fans" crap is so annoying. Capcom is in the business of making money. Making a game that involves two of the most popular fighting franchises ever is a way to make money... and it's something that a lot of people would like to see. Stop being a bunch of pansy ass drama queens people, geeze. What's going to happen once their done making this? Zomg! They're going to make more games.

Really not that serious.

NemeBro
Lol wut.

This IS pretty lame, not the idea, mostly the fact that Capcom is pushing all of these vs. games when what fans really want is for them to revive some old classics of their's, like, I dunno, DARKSTALKERS.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Oh for the love of God... all this "loyalty to the fans" crap is so annoying. Capcom is in the business of making money. Making a game that involves two of the most popular fighting franchises ever is a way to make money... and it's something that a lot of people would like to see. Stop being a bunch of pansy ass drama queens people, geeze. What's going to happen once their done making this? Zomg! They're going to make more games.

Really not that serious.
Yeah, I always found that "loyal to the fans" thing funny and nonsensical myself. Capcom's just like any other company in terms of making teh moneyz, so give it a rest already.

Still think this was an unnecessary crossover though, with MvsC 3 still being on the horizon and what not.

Frisky Dingo

Really not that serious.

Was their really a need 2 B so mean? I no it's all about the green but at sum point win U focus 2 much on money.....U fail. You don't know at all what it is your talking about, it's NOT something that a lot of people would like to see and PAY FOIT and KEEP it. Not 2 many R N the mood 4 another cross over game and if UR not pleezing fans than who the hell is going 2 buy your game? 1 time scrubs who are going to keep the game for 3 weeks and trade it back. I don't that's their target audience, smart guy. There R more people upset about this than Xcited, EVERY1 was expecting DS4. Capcom hasn't learned from it's mistakes and this is the same thing that happened in the 90's. So let's not get so over emotional and snap on the internet like we have a bad case of buttroids.

Relax. What sane person wouldn't realize that announcing 1 VS game while N the process of developing another, right after you made one already a couple months ago, is a problem?

"Think for one f***king, second."

How is this a mistake? Because some people are butthurt about it? The game's gonna make money, and once the game makes money, guess what? Their going to work on making more games. You guys are acting like this is the last game they're ever going to make.

XanatosForever
lol if Capcom declares bankruptcy after this game.

I would hang myself in shame if that happened, lol.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by XanatosForever
lol if Capcom declares bankruptcy after this game.
Would be like MKvsDC all over again I guess. lol

Frisky Dingo
How is this a mistake? Because some people are butthurt about it? The game's gonna make money, and once the game makes money, guess what? Their going to work on making more games. You guys are acting like this is the last game they're ever going to make.

I'm not really going 2 get pissy with U but I can C your not 2 aware of the fighting community. It's more than just 'some'. The only people who I have seen who R xcited about ANOTHER VS GAME R noobs who don't really play Tekken or Street Fighter. The same people who will buy the game, complain it's 2 hard and then trade it N. All with N a month. I guarantee that both the Namco and Capcom versions won't out do vanilla SFIV OR MVC3 N terms of financial success.

People Rn't stupid, they know Capcom has announced 3 VS games N less than 2 years. More than half of the games N the genre R being produced by Capcom alone. They need 2 slow down. The more time they spend making games we don't want, the longer we have 2 wait 4 the games we do want. If this game fails, Capcom will think, "We over saturated the market and now people don't want fighters anymore." Then will have 2 wait another 10 yrs 4 the next fighting game from Capcom even though, were not tired of fighing games, we're tired of Capcom not listening to the fans and making MORE VS games.

NemeBro
How is this a mistake? Because some people are butthurt about it? The game's gonna make money, and once the game makes money, guess what? Their going to work on making more games. You guys are acting like this is the last game they're ever going to make. What do you think more people would buy?

Another vs. game that no one asked for, or the revival of a classic series which most fans want?

Not quite sure where this "most" stuff comes from. This is the only place where I've seen anyone whine about the game, so far.

But, regardless, it doesn't change my point in the slightest. Is this game going to be the last game Capcom makes?

majid86
SF vs Tekken is quite a shock, i was expecting Tekken vs VF or CVS 3

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Would be like MKvsDC all over again I guess. lol

Just as long as we don't have another DK style lamer boss.

No End N Site
Not quite sure where this "most" stuff comes from.

That comment was very funny!

Yeah dude, most SF fans don't care too much for Tekken. You should try looking at places like SRK, Eventhubs and Capcom's official site. More folks are like, phuck this shit. Best to just leave this issue alone, unless your ready for a history lesson and have ass load of knowledge dropped on you. You underestimate level a "pissosity" Capcom fans are at. I mean, things could change but man, no body wants a 4th VS game. Doesn't matter if it's Capcom VS God. If it aint CVS3, motha phuckaz say phuck it. Lol, CVS3 fans are phuckin' heated.

Most people are like "Yeah, DS4 or CVS3, or CFE2!" Then you see Namco folks handing out copies of Tekken 6 to SF fans. And it's like, "Oh phuck no!, WTF is this?!!!"

You just can't grasp the magnitude of this situation.

majid86
Capcom are gonna make Street Fighter X Tekken based on SFIV engine.
Namco are gonna make Tekken X Street Fighter based on Tekken 6 engine.

Originally posted by No End N Site
This is very funny! Yeah dude, most SF fans don't care too much for Tekken. You should try looking at places like SRK, Eventhubs and Capcom's official site. More folks are like, phuck this shit. Best to just leave this issue alone, unless your ready for a history lesson and have ass load of knowledge dropped on you. You underestimate level a "pissosity" Capcom fans are at. I mean, things could change but man, no body wants a 4th VS game. Doesn't matter if it's Capcom VS God. If it aint CVS3, motha phuckaz say phuck it. Lol, CVS3 fans are phuckin' heated.

You just can't grasp the magnitude of this situation.

So you think the majority of Capcom fans hang around on internet forums? Really? SRK, Eventhubs, and Capcom's official site have over 3 million members in all?

No. You know why game companies don't go out of their way to listen to every little complaint made by members on their official sites? Because the fans who hang out on internet forums don't make up "most" of the fanbase. At all. They may be the "loudest" or the most visible, but they don't make the majority. If all you're going to do is ad hominem and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, instead of actually addressing what I'm saying, then we're done.

No End N Site
So you think the majority of Capcom fans hang around on internet forums? Really? SRK, Eventhubs, and Capcom's official site have over 3 million members in all?

No.

No. You know why game companies don't go out of their way to listen to every little complaint made by members on their official sites? Because the fans who hang out on internet forums don't make up "most" of the fanbase. At all. They may be the "loudest" or the most visible, but they don't make the majority. If all you're going to do is ad hominem and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, instead of actually addressing what I'm saying, then we're done.

The problem is, the things you are saying are mostly not true. Those people at those sites are the dudes and chix who make sure SF games last years and are played at tournaments every year. That shit matters more than anything else. And out of those 3 million people, at least 2 million are on those sites or visit them regularly, trust me. All of the fighters Capcom has made this gen, most of the shit in those games are due to fan demand. It's true that more than just the hardcore buy the games, but if they aint on board, 'shit is gonna flop. Those guys "who hang out on internet forums" have the largest, by far, influence on the sucess of the game. That may not be true for all those other genres but that shit is clear as day for fighters.

Those people at those sites are the dudes and chix who make sure SF games last years and are played at tournaments every year. That shit matters more than anything else.

No it doesn't. Sales matter more than anything else, at least to Capcom.

So you're seriously telling me that 2 million people go online and visit street fighter internet forums, that's quite a claim. Prove it, lol.

Zack Fair
lol@capcom declaring bakruptcy after this game

Doubt anything like that is going to happen. I actually think the game is going to sell quite a lot.

If Capcom goes bakrupt it would be more because of its recent flood of fighting games...and even then Capcom has other franchises that are still strong.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
lol@capcom declaring bakruptcy after this game

Doubt anything like that is going to happen. I actually think the game is going to sell quite a lot.

If Capcom goes bakrupt it would be more because of its recent flood of fighting games...and even then Capcom has other franchises that are still strong. QFT

No End N Site
No it doesn't. Sales matter more than anything else, at least to Capcom.

So you're seriously telling me that 2 million people go online and visit street fighter internet forums, that's quite a claim. Prove it, lol.

Fans influence sales. Fans aint diggin' it, shit wont sell. Look at SFIII, perfect example. I don't need to poll 3 million people to know that if motha phuckaz on the sites aint feelin' the rest of the community aint feelin' it. Common sense.

Originally posted by NemeBro
What do you think more people would buy?

Another vs. game that no one asked for, or the revival of a classic series which most fans want?

Exactly. Motha phuckaz tired of VS games.

The majority of fan's not diggin it influences sales. The opinion of the members of internet sites do not represent the majority of the fanbase's opinion. This is why I asked you to provide proof that the majority of the people who buy Capcom's fighting games are also members of your sites. How is it "common sense" that if the peple on the sites dont like it most of the people who buythe games won't like it. Tell that to the Call of Duty fanbase, where the entire Infinity Ward forum was in a massive uproar of anger because IW was shafting the players by adding dumb features to the game and taking away old good ones. The online fanbase was so mad that they boycotted the game. Those fans who had been fans since day 1, like you, were saying EXACTLY the same thing you're saying now, word for word. Guess what? MW2 is one of the highest selling games of all time. Hence, your theory that "if the fans on the internet don't like it most people won't" is crap.

Zack Fair
You are blowing it out of proportion noend.

I for 1 was against it when it was just a rumor, but what do you know. Its real and its even playable.

No End N Site
The majority of fan's not diggin it influences sales. The opinion of the members of internet sites do not represent the majority of the fanbase's opinion.

OMG, dude ALL evidence points to the opposite of this.

This is why I asked you to provide proof that the majority of the people who buy Capcom's fighting games are also members of your sites.

They aint my sites and the fact that the fans on fighting game sites are indeed general consensus is pretty much fact. I don't really know how to prove that with you actually not having a clue that it is indeed almost a fact. It's like, you have to be there to know.

I don't care even a little bit that you think think it's fact. Prove it's a fact. This is the third time I'm asking you to do so. If you can't, then stop wasting both of our time by telling me it's "just a fact", because every time you do do, I'm just going to tell you to prove it.

No End N Site
The majority of fan's not diggin it influences sales. The opinion of the members of internet sites do not represent the majority of the fanbase's opinion. This is why I asked you to provide proof that the majority of the people who buy Capcom's fighting games are also members of your sites. How is it "common sense" that if the peple on the sites dont like it most of the people who buythe games won't like it. Tell that to the Call of Duty fanbase, where the entire Infinity Ward forum was in a massive uproar of anger because IW was shafting the players by adding dumb features to the game and taking away old good ones. The online fanbase was so mad that they boycotted the game. Those fans who had been fans since day 1, like you, were saying EXACTLY the same thing you're saying now, word for word. Guess what? MW2 is one of the highest selling games of all time. Hence, your theory that "if the fans on the internet don't like it most people won't" is crap.

And your making a mistake comparing a fighting game fanbase to others. 2 totally different animals. You fail if you can't find a fighting game example to prove your point. Not trying to be an ass, but yeah.

I don't care even a little bit that you think think it's fact. Prove it's a fact. This is the third time I'm asking you to do so. If you can't, then stop wasting both of our time by telling me it's "just a fact", because every time you do do, I'm just going to tell you to prove it.

What the hell do you want me to show you? How the hell can I prove that these sites show a general consencus? Your askin' me to prove somethin' that can't be proven. That's like me sayin' that the sun will burn you alive you touch it and you ask me to prove it by flyin' there and jumpin' in.

No End N Site
Lol, I'm sorry, I don't understand what you want me to do.

Alright then lol. I still love you.

No End N Site
Alright then lol. I still love you.

Don't lie to me, I don't even know you.
You are blowing it out of proportion noend.

I for 1 was against it when it was just a rumor, but what do you know. Its real and its even playable.

Nah, dude. I for one never thought the game wasn't gonna look good, wasn't gonna be fun, or that it was gonna suck. Never seen the game before to know. One thing I did know was that it was 4th VS game in like 20 months for Capcom. This happened last time. Too many SF and VS games in a single period, it was met with disaster. People don't wanna play another VS game so soon, this was my point, especially if it aint CVS3. I'm in a decent minority when I say, I don't wanna play no goddamn CVS3 anytime soon, either. I mean damn, Marvel VS Capcom 3 is commin' out next year and damn, we had TVC last year and a redo of MVC2 the year before that. They gotta slow down, man.

Now, if this game came out in 2 or 3 years, that's cool, but what the hell, you can already play it?

Zack Fair
I agree with Capcom releasing too many fighters.

No End N Site
And that's the only problem I have and I'm damn glad they made Kaz Ryu's rival and not Jin, that's WTF I'm talking about. The game looks hot. But damn, you have more games on the market in this 1 genre than all your major fighting game rivals combined and ALL of them are VS and SF games. All of your fans aint SF and VS maniacs. I know damn well I'm ready for something else.

NemeBro
Not quite sure where this "most" stuff comes from. This is the only place where I've seen anyone whine about the game, so far.

But, regardless, it doesn't change my point in the slightest. Is this game going to be the last game Capcom makes? Not whining about the game.

Have no problem with such a game being made.

The problem is that Streetfighter is the only fighting game they have touched recently, besides all of this stupid-ass versus shit.

A new Darkstalkers game would be massively more successful than this, being, you know, a classic and influential fighting series that was well-regarded when it was released. This... Is just another vs. game. no expression

A new Darkstalkers game would be massively more successful than this, being, you know, a classic and influential fighting series that was well-regarded when it was released. This... Is just another vs. game. no expression

Well regarded yeah, back in like the '90's. Street Fighter is the only game they've been focusing on because it's by far their most popular series. The last real Darkstalker game came out in 1997. So to whom would a Darkstalker game appeal to? People like you and I who played the game in the 90's? Yeah... but we're not the demographic. Mom and Dad's who buy their 12 year old kids a game for Christmas because they won't stop whining about getting it so they can play with their friends, are the demographic. There is no demand in Capcom's demographic for a game that came out before many of them were even born. I mean, hell, Morrigan is far and away the most well known Darkstalker's character, but that's only because she was in Marvel vs. Capcom.

Compare that to Tekken, a very well regarded game that is not only influential but also popular and modern, and basically no. There is no way a game that most people haven't even heard of, would end up selling more than a game like a SF vs. Tekken. If that were true, Capcom would be making it instead. They're not. This is what I was trying to explain to NoEnd. Us loyal fans who were there from day 1 and still watch all those little tourny's and dream about the old days, don't really matter. Video game companies appreciate us, but they're products don't cater to us, exeptions usually abiding in Anniversery packs and the like. It's the casual gamer who matters, and that's why Halo makes so much money, and IW can make Modern Warfare 2 a noob friendly game and screw over the hardcore players and still be one of the most succesful franchises in history, and why Street Fighter vs. Tekken will sell at the least moderately well.

NemeBro
Nah, you're wrong.

Capcom should cater to the fan's every whims regardless of money, they have enough of that already. smile

I agree. Buncha bastards. Let's boycott 'em! dur

No End N Site
I hope you know that Darstalkers 4 is THE MOST requested Capcom game across all genres (was SFIV and MVC3, but they released that). More than MM Legends 3, and RE Outbreak. Which is why I'm left dumbfounded when Ono says if we show more support it will happen and given the fact that the Vice president of Capcom USA no longer comments about the prospect of a DS4 and avoids anything DS and Ono hints and teases his ass off about the franchise, it's safe to assume that it's prolly under development.

It should also be noted that Vampire Savior is widely regarded, TO THIS DAY, as one of the MOST balanced and perfected fighters ever created. Surpassed only by SFI and rivaled only by Virtua Fighter. It's kind of a big deal an that's what has so many people bent up. You have been revivin' franchises by order of popularity, WTF happened? You just skipped DS. What more does Capcom want? Now you even got gangs of people postin' pictures of themselves with dollars sayin' "we will pay" on Ono's twitter. It's not like they're never gonna make the damn game and it would take longer to make than a SFVSTK seeing as how they won't just reuse the SFIV engine. Like I said, the issue is at the rate they are churnin' out these damn VS games and are being overly secret about the fate of other games, like DS. DS is gonna sale like crazy when it hits. People want that damn game, badly.

NemeBro
I was thinking more along the lines of storm their headquarters with demolitions and firearms, slaughtering every man, woman, and child we lay our eyes upon.

This is a joke. =|

I hope you know that Darstalkers 4 is THE MOST requested Capcom game across all genres.

Where did you get this information from? Was there some kind of international poll or something?

From what I remember VF also recieved critical acclaim by many reviewrs, the general consensus is that it's a very good game. It also got shit sales compared to Street Fighter 4.

So what's the problem? You said "The problem is" but then you listed a good thing lol. Are you just impatient?

I was thinking more along the lines of storm their headquarters with demolitions and firearms, slaughtering every man, woman, and child we lay our eyes upon.

This is a joke. =|

Not to me. shifty

StyleTime
Project Justice they can put hella marketing behind and revive.

I've hoped for this series to make a comeback for so long. sad

P.S. RE:Blaxican, stop being so damned reasonable.

No End N Site
Originally posted by StyleTime
I've hoped for this series to make a comeback for so long. sad

Contract issues with the voice actors are makin' it very hard to revive this series. As stated by Capcom when asked "WTF happened to Rival Schools?".

Where did you get this information from? Was there some kind of international poll or something?

Capcom suggestion Box and the sheer number of Capcom's own threads about the game. They are some of the largest threads on their site.

From what I remember VF also recieved critical acclaim by many reviewrs, the general consensus is that it's a very good game. It also got shit sales compared to Street Fighter 4.

VF also didn't have Capcom behind it and a super retarded in your face marketing campaign. SFIV and SSFIV commercials came on like every 5 minutes on some major cable channels. Hell, don't know how but there were SSFIV fliers in the goddamn hood posted on the walls in liquor stores. No lie.

So what's the problem? You said "The problem is" but then you listed a good thing lol. Are you just impatient?

The problem is, all these good ass signs are poppin' up and yet I still gotta sit through another damn SF/VS tittle. Don't get me wrong, SF is the No.1 fav but damn, take break.

Scythe
Capcom Vs. Disney, callin' it now.

Esomark
Reviving the Sammy vs. Capcom project and retooling it as Arc Systems Works vs. Capcom would have been a better idea than this one. Oh well.

I'm chiming in with those who want a Darkstalkers revival to happen. With all the demand it has been given for the last few years, you'd think Capcom would see it's an opportune time to develop it.

Zack Fair
The game better not degrade into a god damned jugglefest

StyleTime
If it's anything like Tekken it will....

Impediment
I'm just wondering how the Tekken characters are going to adapt to a 2D platform from a 3D platform......

Still, I'm not going to get on any high horse over this game.

Capcom is a business. Businesses make money. Easy enough.

They should not "cater to the every whim" of fans, because then Capcom really WOULD go bankrupt from all of the ridiculous ideas thrown out there.

BloodRawEngine
I'm sure the game looking like a direct continuation of the SFIV continuity is atotal coincidence completely unrelated to any kind of potential laziness on Capcom's part andin no way brings the prospect of this game being a cash-in with half the SFIV cast replaced.

And bird shit isn't pink with blood when they eat bad food (don't ask me how I discovered that).

Nemesis X
For Capcom to make a game like this so random, you wonder why they didn't make a Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat before Midway got bankrupt.

StyleTime
Contract issues with the voice actors are makin' it very hard to revive this series. As stated by Capcom when asked "WTF happened to Rival Schools?".
Lame. Are they on other projects or is this like a money issue?
Originally posted by Impediment
I'm just wondering how the Tekken characters are going to adapt to a 2D platform from a 3D platform......

I wonder about that too. 3d fighters usually have far larger movelists than their 2d counterparts. How will this game account for stance changes too?
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
And bird shit isn't pink with blood when they eat bad food (don't ask me how I discovered that).
I really want to know the story behind that though.

No End N Site
Originally posted by StyleTime
Lame. Are they on other projects or is this like a money issue?

I was told that Capcom is not sure if RS's fanbase is large enough to warrant a completely new release. They would have to test the waters by doing a HD re-release of the previous games to build support, but due to them not being able to reuse the VAs, they would either have to re-release the game with no voices or hire new VAs for the re-release which would cost too much. Cost effectiveness is the big thing now, that's why they aint phuckin' wit 2D sprites.

Frisky Dingo
Cost effectiveness is the big thing now, that's why they aint phuckin' wit 2D sprites.

Hasn't that always been the "Big Thing"?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nemesis X
For Capcom to make a game like this so random, you wonder why they didn't make a Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat before Midway got bankrupt. Because MK has not been doing all that well for a while, even before going bankrupt.

Nemesis X
Because MK has not been doing all that well for a while, even before going bankrupt.

Tekken hasn't been doing well for awhile either and now that I think about it, why is Capcom bothering to make this game anyways? Aren't they busy with Marvel vs. Capcom 3? How much of Capcom's staff is being thrown to make all these crossovers anyways? Wouldn't this possibly jeaprodize both fighting games but more importantly Marvel vs. Capcom 3? Last I checked, the fans only demanded that game, not a crossover with Tekken of all franchises to make a crossover with and you'd think they would've started this silly project after MvC3's release.

StyleTime
Tekken isn't doing well?

NemeBro
Tekken hasn't been doing well for awhile either and now that I think about it, why is Capcom bothering to make this game anyways? Aren't they busy with Marvel vs. Capcom 3? How much of Capcom's staff is being thrown to make all these crossovers anyways? Wouldn't this possibly jeaprodize both fighting games but more importantly Marvel vs. Capcom 3? Last I checked, the fans only demanded that game, not a crossover with Tekken of all franchises to make a crossover with and you'd think they would've started this silly project after MvC3's release. Tekken has not been doing well? no expression

Also, Capcom is a HUGE company, especially for gaming, one of the biggest, they have staff to spare.

FistOfThe North
damn. this is better than the mvc3 announcement, to me. i love tekken. love sf too, but to combine the 2 worlds, the 2 most popular (serious) fighting games on the planet. wow. me and my boys couldn't stop talking about it today while playing tekken 6 for from about 12pm till about now. dunno how many hrs that is. we played yesterday too. and friday. we just can't get enough of tekken. but this is just crazy.

then the gameplay trailer was just indescribable. the kazuya v ryu match was something i'll never forget in my life. it's got to be the #1 most win fighting video game moment of all time. forget about mvc3. forget about deigos sf3 ken parry.

it's all about sfxt. then it coming out for the tekken engine, even better by a hundred times. i'll love the exposure tekken'll get now. the rightfull exposure it'll get now because of the correlation with numerous sf fans.

so yea, i didn't think mvc3 would be beat, beat it got demolished on my list. and mk9 pulverized.

and i'm reading alot of complaints on here. if you're mad about the whole thing there's always just not getting the game. or don't play it. no one likes a whiner.

imo this game wins as best crossover ever. ever. damn i (we) can't wait. imagine bounding with ryu on the tekken engine, and how about kaz's ultra on the sf engine. man o man.

lol!

No no no, Fist. What you mean to say is, you think that this is a bad idea, right? And, your friends all think that this is a bad idea, right?

Nemesis X
Tekken has not been doing well? no expression

Also, Capcom is a HUGE company, especially for gaming, one of the biggest, they have staff to spare.

I haven't heard much positive things about the franchise so I've figured that the series wasn't that good.

Maybe they should just throw Niitsuma over to the SFxTK project. I'm never happy with a producer who won't allow certain B.O.W.s into fighting games 'cause they're ugly. Personal issues aside, if Capcom has THAT many staff members to spare then I guess I shouldn't have to worry.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
damn. this is better than the mvc3 announcement, to me. i love tekken. love sf too, but to combine the 2 worlds, the 2 most popular (serious) fighting games on the planet. wow. me and my boys couldn't stop talking about it today while playing tekken 6 for from about 12pm till about now. dunno how many hrs that is. we played yesterday too. and friday. we just can't get enough of tekken. but this is just crazy.

then the gameplay trailer was just indescribable. the kazuya v ryu match was something i'll never forget in my life. it's got to be the #1 most win fighting video game moment of all time. forget about mvc3. forget about deigos sf3 ken parry.

it's all about sfxt. then it coming out for the tekken engine, even better by a hundred times. i'll love the exposure tekken'll get now. the rightfull exposure it'll get now because of the correlation with numerous sf fans.

so yea, i didn't think mvc3 would be beat, beat it got demolished on my list. and mk9 pulverized.

and i'm reading alot of complaints on here. if you're mad about the whole thing there's always just not getting the game. or don't play it. no one likes a whiner.

imo this game wins as best crossover ever. ever. damn i (we) can't wait. imagine bounding with ryu on the tekken engine, and how about kaz's ultra on the sf engine. man o man.

lol!

The moment you just said SFxTK >>> MvC3, I stopped reading.

FistOfThe North

The moment you just said SFxTK >>> MvC3, I stopped reading.

yes i'm sorry. it's how i feel. i'm more interested in sfxt and txsf more that mvc3. shoot me.

anyway these are my dream match-ups:

paul v guile
bruce irvin vs sagat or adon
heihatchi v bison or gouken.
jin v ken
devil kazuya v akuma
steve fox v balrog or dudley
c. marduk and king v zangief and abel or t. hawk
bob v rufus
dont care about ganryu v e.honda but'll see it once.
lars v cody or guy
baek or wang v gen and
law v fei long

mvc3 = sweet
sfxt/txsf = sweeter

No End N Site
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
Hasn't that always been the "Big Thing"?

Four words...three Street Fighter IIIs. That shit was not cheap. The most expensive 2D fighter EVER! And they made three of them and it's always been important, but Capcom is SUPER tight, now.

But I aint gonna rain on anyone's parade anymore, I hate when motha phuckaz do it to me. If there are some peeps who like this than, whatever. I aint gonna complain about it anymore, I'd just look like a hater.

Fun fact: The Tekken series has outsold the SF series by 2 million copies (they prolly don't have the lead anymore, SFIV alone has done 3 mill) despite the fact it has way less games. The only problem is, Tekken games have a 'way' bigger budget, so they need to move ALOTTA copies not to flop. 3D fighters reigned in the late 90s and 2000s.

Juk3n
personally, i think it looked fun as hell, alot of butthurt responses are flying around talking about business rather than the game, which given so early in developement looked awsomely fun.

BUT.. the reverse game, Tekken X Street fighter is gonna be a fail fest. Crossovers have to use Capcoms engine, speed is a major factor in the execution of SF characters. I shudder to think about not being able to jump kick to low punch in a combo on the Namco engine. It's too blocky, to slow the 8-way directional movement system just doesnt work for SF character and i can't think how they're gonna make it accessible for both camps. SF lovers have no problem buying crossover games because they basically play like the current SF engine (xmen vs street fighter was an updated alpha engine for example). But i suppose i can only wait and see, but so far im getting the SF4 engine one.

steverules_2
It was only a matter of time, and besides there's already been a street fighter tekken game before, although that was a role playing game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namco_%C3%97_Capcom

SamZED
Man, didn't expect so many people to complain.. What's wrong with you people? It wont change anything for the games, Namco and Capcom will just earn some $ and continue making their games. No harm done. Dont like the game, dont buy it.

I know Im gonna.

FistOfThe North
^ you're right. just don't buy it, is all. just continue playing bb:cc or tvc and wait for mvc3, skip sfxt & txsf, wait for the ds4 or whatever sf-like games that you love that comes out afterwards for all you tekken haters (which are the ones i've seen complain the most everywhere including in here and out)

anyway i heard that the x games are like 2 years away, which kinda kills it all a bit. i guess ssiv and t6 will due until mvc3 comes out then mess with that until the epicness arrives. and i'll play that until the mother load arrives: tekken 7, which was annouced just recently.

sfiv = bad (in a good way)
Tekken 6 = badass

Zack Fair
o__O Bad in a good way eh?

I didn't like Tekken 6 much...but I am a tekken fan so I can't wait.

NemeBro
^ you're right. just don't buy it, is all. just continue playing bb:cc or tvc and wait for mvc3, skip sfxt & txsf, wait for the ds4 or whatever sf-like games that you love that comes out afterwards for all you tekken haters (which are the ones i've seen complain the most everywhere including in here and out)

anyway i heard that the x games are like 2 years away, which kinda kills it all a bit. i guess ssiv and t6 will due until mvc3 comes out then mess with that until the epicness arrives. and i'll play that until the mother load arrives: tekken 7, which was annouced just recently.

sfiv = bad (in a good way)
Tekken 6 = badass I play Tekken and do not like this game.

Also, Streetfighter is and always has been better than Tekken.

S_D_J
I'll buy SFXT for 360
I'll buy TXSF for PS3

everyone's happy big grin

Zack Fair
I see what you did there durw00t

Bro SMASH
This is not entirely related to the game but this is Capcom related and I thought I'd post this:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/streetfighterxtekken/news.html?sid=6271266&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates%3Btitle%3B1

FistOfThe North
I play Tekken and do not like this game.

Also, Streetfighter is and always has been better than Tekken.

?

You haven't even played the game yet. Besides you're street fighter fan, aren't you?, so you should like this, in fact.

And you're comparing apples to oranges. Both games are incomparable because they're vastly different.

Nemesis X
Am I the only who finds it to be rather retarded that different gameplay is in different versions? Why can't choosing what gameplay style you want be in the options menu instead of putting them in discs seperately?

NemeBro
?

You haven't even played the game yet. Besides you're street fighter fan, aren't you?, so you should like this, in fact.

And you're comparing apples to oranges. Both games are incomparable because they're vastly different. I do not like that this game is coming out when MvC3 is already coming out, without working on rebooting Capcom fighting franchises like they did with SFIV.

I'm also a Zelda fan, but I will not play crap like Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks.

Not really, no.

FistOfThe North
I do not like that this game is coming out when MvC3 is already coming out, without working on rebooting Capcom fighting franchises like they did with SFIV.

I'm also a Zelda fan, but I will not play crap like Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks.

Not really, no.

?

Sfxt's due one year after mvc3. And who knows, they may end up working on something prior to like maybe ds4 afterall. Point is it's way too early to say anything about the games anyway. We can only speculate.

And yes, both sf and tk are worlds different. You can say that it's more popular. That's a fact. But it being a better game shouldn't even qualify as a matter of opinion because you cannot compare the two justly with the biggest factors being the planes then gameplay.

No End N Site
You people are damn fools if you can't see how announcin' 4 V.s. games in 2 years is a problem. You must really don't play any other Capcom Fighters 'cept SF.

Come on, half the dudes who are complaining about complaining in this thread are dudes who never bought SFIV or SSFIV OR bought it and thought it was too hard and sent it to Gamestop.

Don't try to tell people to STFU and not to discuss what they don't like when you don't even know WTF an Alpha Counter is. You don't deserve that right. You don't deserve to tell me not to voice my opinion on why I think ANOTHER V.s. game is a dick head move by Capcom that's not gonna turn out as great as they expected.

S_D_J
Am I the only who finds it to be rather retarded that different gameplay is in different versions? Why can't choosing what gameplay style you want be in the options menu instead of putting them in discs seperately?

because both games have vastly different play mechanics, so it makes sense for both of then to each come out with their versions.

in a way, it'll be like new characters added to the rooster rather than combining both mechanics

I can see Tekken characters being added to SF and having a 2D fighting mechanincs (after all they can keep almost all their moves)... can't say the same for the SF characters adopting the play style of Tekken though no expression

btw: I'm pretty sure anyone who's posted here has played both SFIV and Tekken. I personally love Tekken, but the SFIV won me over again (I really hadn't enjoyed most of the Vs titles)... it was just like playing SSFII all over again... just better

Come on, half the dudes who are complaining about complaining in this thread are dudes who never bought SFIV or SSFIV OR bought it and thought it was too hard and sent it to Gamestop.

How do you know this? no expression

What did I tell you about making wild accusations?

-Pr-

pr1983

they're entirely different game engines. they'd essentially be putting two whole games on one disc. they'd be retarded to do that, tbh.

SamZED
I play Tekken and do not like this game.

Also, Streetfighter is and always has been better than Tekken. You know stating your opinion as if its a fact is a really bad idea. You could've as well said that "salad always has and always will taste better than burgers" as if its a fact but it'd still be your opinion.erm

No End N Site
How do you know this? no expression

I have a 7th sense.

What did I tell you about making wild accusations?

It will lead me to marry beautiful women?

Bro SMASH
I'm just not hyped about this for some reason. I do like Street Fighter and Tekken, as well as crossovers but I'm just not all that excited about this. Maybe it's because it's not the game I wanted.

I'm still gonna give both games a try though.

JustFrame
Sorry No End, I'm going to have to disagree with you here...

I'm actually more hyped for this game then that piece of garbage that they call "Marvel vs Capcom 3".

The only thing that I saw from the trailer at this point that looked stupid was Kazuya's ability to dash under projectiles. Serious? It was shown to be even effective from mid-range and showed that it could rape you for throwing out a projectile up close when Ryu threw one at the corner and got dashed under to only eat an Ewgf before he could even recover from his Hadouken.

If they tweak that so it isn't so stupid, then the trailer itself overall has me excited and I'm actually going to look forward to this game. However, by the time this game is out, I'll probably be married and no longer playing fighting games at all anymore, period, lmao......wow, its been that long now.

No End N Site
Originally posted by JustFrame
Sorry No End, I'm going to have to disagree with you here...

I'm actually more hyped for this game then that piece of garbage that they call "Marvel vs Capcom 3".

The only thing that I saw from the trailer at this point that looked stupid was Kazuya's ability to dash under projectiles. Serious? It was shown to be even effective from mid-range and showed that it could rape you for throwing out a projectile up close when Ryu threw one at the corner and got dashed under to only eat an Ewgf before he could even recover from his Hadouken.

If they tweak that so it isn't so stupid, then the trailer itself overall has me excited and I'm actually going to look forward to this game. However, by the time this game is out, I'll probably be married and no longer playing fighting games at all anymore, period, lmao......wow, its been that long now.

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm still far more amped for MVC3. At this point, I'm just sick of VS games where the "V" and "S" mean Versus and not Vampire Savior. After I get MVC3, I'm done with VS games until they make DS4 and the only VS game I'd buy immediately after that is CVS3 or nothing.

Zack Fair
Well at least this one is cross...not vs >_>;

No End N Site
I'm actually going to buy Namco's version. I'm not irritated with them.

JustFrame
I'm actually going to buy Namco's version. I'm not irritated with them.

I probably won't, simply because they'll be using the Tekken 6 system for the Namco vs Street Fighter game, which is complete and utter Fail.

The thought of sitting there and seeing Ryu utilizing juggles+bound is appalling to me. Hell I hate the Tekken 5 system, but I would've preferred that over the T6 version, imo they should go back to the Tag Era format system.

Demonic Phoenix
Bound would be too much, but given the level of power those fighters hit with, meh.

As for juggles...Metsu Hadouken.

No End N Site
I probably won't, simply because they'll be using the Tekken 6 system for the Namco vs Street Fighter game, which is complete and utter Fail.

The thought of sitting there and seeing Ryu utilizing juggles+bound is appalling to me. Hell I hate the Tekken 5 system, but I would've preferred that over the T6 version, imo they should go back to the Tag Era format system.

I'm not really buying the Namco version because it may or may not be better. Mainly to stick it to Capcom and aid Namco in their friendly competition against Capcom.

It's Kanye West VS 50 Cent all over again.

-Pr-
I'm not really buying the Namco version because it may or may not be better. Mainly to stick it to Capcom and aid Namco in their friendly competition against Capcom.

It's Kanye West VS 50 Cent all over again.

why not just buy the game you'll enjoy playing the most?

No End N Site
Originally posted by -Pr-
why not just buy the game you'll enjoy playing the most?

Because 1 of the companies involved didn't do 3 consecutive VS games before this and skipped over Darkstalkers in the process.

-Pr-
Because 1 of the companies involved didn't do 3 consecutive VS games before this and skipped over Darkstalkers in the process.

...ermm

they make a game you'd enjoy playing, and it's not enough?

No End N Site
...ermm

they make a game you'd enjoy playing, and it's not enough?

A hot woman who is said to be the best in the world at screwing grieving men just slaughtered your family, but wants to have sex with you to say she's sorry. Is that not enough?

Extreme, I know. But the point's the same.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by S_D_J
because both games have vastly different play mechanics, so it makes sense for both of then to each come out with their versions.

Exactly

This.

Tekken stopped being a hardcore competitive game for me after 4. Tag was so amazing back then. I fricking loved it!

Demonic Phoenix
To be fair though, it should have been done on one disc, with the option to switch gameplay styles. srug

Unless of course, the plot-lines, characters, extras and such are different in each versions.

-Pr-
A hot woman who is said to be the best in the world at screwing grieving men just slaughtered your family, but wants to have sex with you to say she's sorry. Is that not enough?

Extreme, I know. But the point's the same.

how? its a video game company.

JustFrame
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Bound would be too much, but given the level of power those fighters hit with, meh.

As for juggles...Metsu Hadouken.

I'd rather face Metsu Juggling Hadouken's any day then face 24/7 Juggle+Bound tactics bs. At least with Metsu-Hadouken, you need to have meter to do it, where as Juggle+bound can happen within any point of the match up.

Basically I'm picking the less stupid evil of the two. My concerns for the Tekken vs SF (Namco ver.) would be the projectile characters, simply because of what they'll do to try and make it effective so that they can at least do some long to mid-range zoning.

Hopefully they'll make the hit-boxes wider so that you'll have to SS alot in order to avoid it, making it effective. Otherwise if they don't do that and Guile's in the game...imagine his Sonic Boom, slow, can be followed, and yes effective in a 2-D environment, but if it was in a 3-D realm, without proper mods it would be a laughing stock special.

Not to mention I would start to believe that there would be alot of new moves added into the SF cast as well considering how Tekken plays like.

FistOfThe North
sonic boom could be fast and can track. and don't forget, tekken 6 has characters that have projectiles too.

JustFrame
sonic boom could be fast and can track. and don't forget, tekken 6 has characters that have projectiles too.

That's the problem I have, if you make the Sonic Boom fast, then Guile will not be able to utilize it as a buffer for himself due to that very reason, and also SB having tracking capabilities would most likely make it broken.

Tekken 6 do have projectiles but basically all of them are useless, nobody who's good will sit there and try to shoot lasers up against a good player, even Jinpachi's projectiles in Tekken 5 were a joke due to the ability of SSing them and punishing him on call.

Imo making the projectiles having a larger hitbox while limiting SS, and forcing it so that you'll have to do more then "one" SS to be able to avoid the projectile would at least compensate characters like Ryu, Gouki, Sagat, etc, etc in the Tekken version.

However two years is a long time in waiting, so it'll be interesting on how they will do this.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
To be fair though, it should have been done on one disc, with the option to switch gameplay styles. srug

Unless of course, the plot-lines, characters, extras and such are different in each versions.

It will probably be too much for a single dvd.

Demonic Phoenix
PS3 uses Blu-Ray. Screw XBox 360 313

Also, yes, I got your point.

No End N Site
how? its a video game company.

Me and many others have been askin' for a certain obvious game to be made, yet Capcom teases and then skips over it and releases the same type of game they did the year before.

That is like doing something very bad to me and then making this game and saying, "It's clearly not what you and most others asked for and we did just make a game like this last year, but this is fun, so just shut up and play this."

-Pr-
Me and many others have been askin' for a certain obvious game to be made, yet Capcom teases and then skips over it and releases the same type of game they did the year before.

That is like doing something very bad to me and then making this game and saying, "It's clearly not what you and most others asked for and we did just make a game like this last year, but this is fun, so just shut up and play this."

and you don't think they might have genuine reasons as to why they haven't made this game?

FatAssPeach
herro, my names peach and i r hav a 250lbs ass, mmm fat ass.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by FatAssPeach
herro, my names peach and i r hav a 250lbs ass, mmm fat ass.

I raped your father and made your mother watch.

Just so joo know

SaTsuJiN
I cant believe they rehashed the sf4 engine for this game XD so hilarious

the gameplay didnt look that good either from the alpha ish demo

just more lol-ultras... /sigh.. oh well.. at least I can look forward to Tekken X Street Fighter instead

Zack Fair
I actually liked what I saw.

SaTsuJiN
I was very much anticipating it.. but I dont think capcom did it in 'street fighter style' which is what I was hoping for.. but instead they just kinda crammed some rival schools gameplay in there or something

I-Drop
I actually liked what I saw. ditto

No End N Site
and you don't think they might have genuine reasons as to why they haven't made this game?

Cash Grab?

NemeBro
and you don't think they might have genuine reasons as to why they haven't made this game? Actually, I already know the reason.

The creative team in fact WANTS to do another Darkstalkers game, but the executive bigwigs have not allowed it, because it is not Streetfighter.

-Pr-
Cash Grab?

?

Actually, I already know the reason.

The creative team in fact WANTS to do another Darkstalkers game, but the executive bigwigs have not allowed it, because it is not Streetfighter.

tbh i can understand that. SF had a long period where it wasn't at the heights it used to be. maybe they're just waiting until it's done and established before they can go back to doing other games?

NemeBro
The creative team has wanted to do another Darkstalkers since before SFIV was out.

-Pr-
The creative team has wanted to do another Darkstalkers since before SFIV was out.

i was assuming that when i made my post.

NemeBro
Misread.

No End N Site
?

Capcom would rather do more souless cash grabs than make any thing else. That's my point.

-Pr-
Capcom would rather do more souless cash grabs than make any thing else. That's my point.

why is it soul-less?

there are tons of street fighter fans out there.

Frisky Dingo
SF fans have gotten the games they asked 4 already. It's sum1 elses turn, now. U really have 2 B a fan of the other franchises N order 2 relate 2 what we R all trying 2 get across. It's also good 2 have been a fighting game fan around the time fighters were on the decline.

JustFrame
DS would have been an absolutely great game to have a revamp however this game is you either love it, or you hate it. Competition for this game was almost non-existent where I was at when this first came out, and DS is a franchise that at least within the States is not nearly as popular nor will it garner as much hype or anticipation in contrast to other fighting games and of course Capcom's flagship fighting game.

I for one would personally love to see a DS revival, however this really isn't the time or place for it. Street Fighter vs Tekken imo is a Money Milker, I was actually against this whole SF vs Tekken gig from the get go, however from watching the videos and if I had to choose, I would pay for the SFvsTekken version over the Namco version any day of the week.

T6 system for TekkenvsSF is how Dudley would say "Gutter Trash". Imo it would have been better to have seen another Capcom vs SNK revival, however this will definitely garner a huge amount of attention.

If Street Fighter vs Tekken doesn't play like absolute garbage, look to this game potentially breaking SSF:IV's record of Evo Tournie entries at that tournament.

SaTsuJiN
T6 system for TekkenvsSF is how Dudley would say "Gutter Trash". Imo it would have been better to have seen another Capcom vs SNK revival, however this will definitely garner a huge amount of attention.

They're going to use Tekken 6 system? wtf? lol.. I figured they'd try to revamp Tekken Tag system or something at the very least

-Pr-
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
SF fans have gotten the games they asked 4 already. It's sum1 elses turn, now. U really have 2 B a fan of the other franchises N order 2 relate 2 what we R all trying 2 get across. It's also good 2 have been a fighting game fan around the time fighters were on the decline.

i AM a fighting game fan, going back to street fighter 2.

No End N Site
i AM a fighting game fan, going back to street fighter 2.

Yeah, but you seem very okay with Capcom constantly making SF and VS games , like they did during "The Fall". Which is the other point; you gotta be a fan of the other franchises. 'Course if you don't like DS, RS, PS and all that other stuff and followed what's going on in the communities, you wont see how this game can be interpreted as a huge phuck you.

DS would have been an absolutely great game to have a revamp however this game is you either love it, or you hate it. Competition for this game was almost non-existent where I was at when this first came out, and DS is a franchise that at least within the States is not nearly as popular nor will it garner as much hype or anticipation in contrast to other fighting games and of course Capcom's flagship fighting game.

Capcom should at least make an attempt. If they put the same type of work into what they did for SFIV, DS can at least be a moderate success. I mean, they brought TVC to the states. DS will have more fans than that game, I'm sure. DS is Capcom's 3rd biggest fighter and the fan base is pretty decent.

-Pr-
Yeah, but you seem very okay with Capcom constantly making SF and VS games , like they did during "The Fall". Which is the other point; you gotta be a fan of the other franchises. 'Course if you don't like DS, RS, PS and all that other stuff and followed what's going on in the communities, you wont see how this game can be interpreted as a huge phuck you.

i honestly don't. it might very well be. i do honestly believe, though, that once Street Fighter is back to the heights it was (its getting there admittedly), then we'll start to see the kinds of games you guys want to see. It's only a matter of time imo.

Bro SMASH
You know, it would be cool if one or two characters had the Devil Gene and the Satsui no Hadou.

That's similar to the Capcom vs. SNK 2, where both Ultimate Rugal and Shin Akuma had the Orochi and the Satsui no Hadou. I know one thing; if that did happen, they would be one tough boss to beat.

SaTsuJiN
Angel, Devil, and Jun best be up in this

Jun Kazama is mah most fave tekken character evar

NemeBro
Paul Phoenix ftw.

Will obviously be in it, but that does not make his win any less.

SaTsuJiN
Paul Phoenix ftw.

Will obviously be in it, but that does not make his win any less. yeah he's always solid.. he's become my main since T4 (when jin decided to take some random karate, taking a giant turd on my memory of jun.. /sniffle).. but now I've been forcing myself to play miguel (horribly, but Imma do it @_@)

I just dont like how they make paul the jackass of tekken .. almost Dan-ish in a way

NemeBro
He's a jackass, but a COMPETENT jackass.

Beating Ogre is no joke.

JustFrame
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
They're going to use Tekken 6 system? wtf? lol.. I figured they'd try to revamp Tekken Tag system or something at the very least

Yes, it's true the creator for TvSF has stated that they'll be incorporating the Tekken 6 engine for Tekken vs Street Fighter. So yes, expect to see endless juggles+bound to your "hearts content".

I would have jumped on the Bandwagon if they choose the Tag System completely, but they are going to incorporate all of the Tekken 6 garbage that we see now into the new VS game, so I honestly cannot expect to see how this game is going to be better from a strategical standpoint to the Capcom version.

Again, at least Ultra requires a meter to be stupid, however the T6 engine requires nothing, since it's game engine is already linear to start with.

Zack Fair
Profound sadness

No End N Site
Tekken Tag 2, that's WTF Namco should be doing.

SaTsuJiN
Profound sadness

Ugh.. fer reals.. I REALLY didnt want another game with Juggle --> Crumple --> Ground Break (or end at Wall Bound) --> Crumple again --> Combo Ender... -,-

Tha C-Master
I would have preferred it were Capcom vs SNK 3, I know they are a business though, but why not give a game that most fans want. God Capcom vs SNK 3 would rule. I don't play games as much anymore. And only a few games would make me play. The new Twisted Metal, a new Duke Nukem, a new Cap vs SNK3, a new Baldur's Gate, and/or a new Battletoads.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
a new Battletoads.

Yeah, you'll die before that happens.

I keep hearing they're gonna release a new Duke Nukem...then nothing.

FistOfThe North
i wish everyone would get over the game being made. it's a done deal. just don't buy it, stick to waiting for mvc3, and hope for a ds4 announcement. the companies are not gonna stop production cause y'all are upset. just stop. demand is very high for the game and much to your disgust the game'll do very well. (from what i've read and from what dozens of people have enthusiastically and personally have told me) in fact i have yet to meet someone on the outside, outta all those people, complain or b*tch or moan about it. so, sorry guys. i think it's just you don't wanna see sf character brutalized. just j/k. ha.

but capcom's not pointing a gun to your head.

don't want it? don't buy it. funny thing is is that way more than half of you all will play the game more than once. and half of that group'll actually like it.

No End N Site
demand is very high for the game

The stinkiest croc of shit I ever heard. Just sayin'.

Either way, I'm over it. I said my piece and I won't complain anymore. Like you said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. I know I wont.

I-Drop
I might. Will try to play it 4free 1st though.

FistOfThe North
The stinkiest croc of shit I ever heard. Just sayin'.

Either way, I'm over it. I said my piece and I won't complain anymore. Like you said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. I know I wont.

actually it's not. demand is high from what i've noticed with peoples reactions towards the game both on the net and in the real world. people are really excited about the game. (well exept on kmc)

c'mon. imo, the 2 greatest fighting games ever made, certainly the best 2d fighter of all time and the best 3d fighter of all time meet, and in each others turf, tag team style, you can't beat that.

street fighter popularized the fighter genre to almost olympian heights and tekken is the closest to a perfect 3d fighting game moreso than any other. every single 2d and 3d fighter look to these 2 games as the standard. now they'll be one. the idea is orgasmic almost.

who wouldn't wanna see guile vs paul or rufus v bob or jin v ken or law v fei long.

but to each his own. i'll no doubt pick up the appitizer that mvc3'll be. it'll do till the full course(s) arrive.

SaTsuJiN
certainly the best 2d fighter of all time and the best 3d fighter of all time meet ugh.. that may be your opinion and everything.. but calling tekken the best 3d fighter OF ALL TIME.. just doesnt sit right with me.. I personally feel virtua fighter is much more deserving of that..

I 'do' love tekken.. but 4 and beyond are just really not so good

definitely gonna be checking out the gameplay for these two games.. but I think its already shaping up to be very shallow from what I saw in the preview

FistOfThe North
na. virtua fighter had potential but it didn't fully reach it because of the crappy console that supported the gmes. and almost doesn't count in this life.

and vf is so great yet they stopped making game. what, the last cannon game in the series was was lauched was 2006, which was the last nail in the coffin.

virtua fighter is dead. and imo, the doa series was better. soul calibur was better. scIV was 10x's better than vf5. and tekken 6 blows sciv outta th water.

WanderingDroid
This game is going to shit all over Capcom vs Marvel.

Tekken vs SF is like peanut butter and chocolate.

I want it!

No End N Site
actually it's not. demand is high from what i've noticed with peoples reactions towards the game both on the net and in the real world. people are really excited about the game. (well exept on kmc)

c'mon. imo, the 2 greatest fighting games ever made, certainly the best 2d fighter of all time and the best 3d fighter of all time meet, and in each others turf, tag team style, you can't beat that.

street fighter popularized the fighter genre to almost olympian heights and tekken is the closest to a perfect 3d fighting game moreso than any other. every single 2d and 3d fighter look to these 2 games as the standard. now they'll be one. the idea is orgasmic almost.

who wouldn't wanna see guile vs paul or rufus v bob or jin v ken or law v fei long.

but to each his own. i'll no doubt pick up the appitizer that mvc3'll be. it'll do till the full course(s) arrive.

I can't agree with any of that and I really don't know where you're getting your facts from.

na. virtua fighter had potential but it didn't fully reach it because of the crappy console that supported the gmes. and almost doesn't count in this life.

and vf is so great yet they stopped making game. what, the last cannon game in the series was was lauched was 2006, which was the last nail in the coffin.

virtua fighter is dead. and imo, the doa series was better. soul calibur was better. scIV was 10x's better than vf5. and tekken 6 blows sciv outta th water.

Just because the series is no longer popular, doesn't mean it's any less good.

FistOfThe North
I can't agree with any of that and I really don't know where you're getting your facts from.

Just because the series is no longer popular, doesn't mean it's any less good.

never said they were facts. in fact i wrote "in my opinion".

and if the series were so popular they'd of continued it. i mean, why not virtua fighter 6 after all these years, because it'll be "less good" than it's competitors, mainly Tekken. the very game whom virtua fighter was influenced by. it's just they made the updated the formula and made 3d fighting way better, and sf.

i remember when vf5 came out, i forgot about it within the week. i simply meh'd it at gamestop.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>