Adam warlock vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Adam gets the gem but can't steal thors soul.He gets his staff.

Both are fighting competently.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

kgkg
Adam.

the Darkone
Thor thrashes him, even Adam Warlock stated he fears Thor.

Uriel005
Is Adam near Magus level? Did he master the Gem? If he's near Magus level I'm going to call it a stomp on Thor. If it's just gem mastery he puts up a fight but I call a 4/10. If it's just him with moderate control I say Thor stomps oh his neck and laughs.

Digi
Since we're talking about the gem, I'm assuming classic Adam.

Thor has more total power. Adam is a better tactician and very elusive. In a forum battle where we usually assume full use of power sets and whatnot, Thor wins. In a comic, Adam can and definitely would take some wins. Bear in mind his 'Him' incarnation was practically Thor's equal, and that was without all the guile and versatility of gem-Adam.

amnesia
Thor.

King Kandy
I'd give Thor the win more times than not. But it would be a hard battle for him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just re-read their fight in Blood and Thunder and damn. Thor was wrecking shop. Warlock showed some nice quick thinking and skill to his credit.

King Kandy
Yeah though blood in thunder thor just wrecked everyone he fought. He two-shotted surfer iirc. In most comics it would have been more even. But that showing does prove that he has the capacity to win, definitely. The only thing Warlock didn't try really was Soul Suck, and that's prohibited here so he'll lose most of the time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by King Kandy
Yeah though blood in thunder thor just wrecked everyone he fought. He two-shotted surfer iirc. In most comics it would have been more even. But that showing does prove that he has the capacity to win, definitely. The only thing Warlock didn't try really was Soul Suck, and that's prohibited here so he'll lose most of the time.

Fair enough.

I wonder if Thor would have been able to resist it. He was unharmed by his Soul Gem empowered Karmic Blast due to his fortified immortal soul. It would have been interesting to see.

gogogadgetgo
he wouldn't. he'd get his soul sucked like everyone else. but with out soul suck, thor wins, always

King Kandy
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Fair enough.

I wonder if Thor would have been able to resist it. He was unharmed by his Soul Gem empowered Karmic Blast due to his fortified immortal soul. It would have been interesting to see.
Soul suck worked on a thanos clone which was just as immortal and the real thanos said it would work on him, so I think it would. I don't think power makes much of a difference, I mean it is an infinity gem after all.

Angel Watching
I never though of the Soul gem having infinite power over very powerful souls. Thats true, thanks. Without using it Thor wins this.

cdtm
Originally posted by Digi
Since we're talking about the gem, I'm assuming classic Adam.

Thor has more total power. Adam is a better tactician and very elusive. In a forum battle where we usually assume full use of power sets and whatnot, Thor wins. In a comic, Adam can and definitely would take some wins. Bear in mind his 'Him' incarnation was practically Thor's equal, and that was without all the guile and versatility of gem-Adam.

The Soul gems pretty good about neutralizing magic. Even in a forum battle, it could cut out a lot of Thors options..

Probably not all of them, though.

Stoic
Thor ftw Adam is a good fighter but, Thor would pull out a majority. Strength wise Thor dusts him.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
Thor ftw Adam is a good fighter but, Thor would pull out a majority. Strength wise Thor dusts him.

The Thanos clone Warrior was pretty strong, and Adam handled him fine, while fighting some other clones at the same time..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by King Kandy
Soul suck worked on a thanos clone which was just as immortal and the real thanos said it would work on him, so I think it would. I don't think power makes much of a difference, I mean it is an infinity gem after all.

Thor =/= Thanos. Just saying. His immortality has made him immune to various attacks and his soul has been shown to be incredibly powerful. I just think if one attack powered by the Soul Gem failed, it would have been interesting to see how Thor fared against Warlock's ultimate attack. I'm not saying he'd be immune. It is an Infinity Gem as you said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.