Punch through Hulk's head...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
We've seen a few characters punch through someone's head over the years (Black Adam comes to mind). If executed correctly the technique can be devastating.

Now we all know that Hulk has a pretty good healing factor. But he doesn't have an adamantium skull like Wolverine's or invulnerability like Juggernaut's. So what would happen if someone succeeded in doing the punch right through his head and out the other side? Would the HF heal him right up good as new? Heal him up but with brain damage and/or memory/personality loss? Or would such an attack outright kill him?

And in your opinion which characters have the strength to actually pull off this attack on Hulk?

For the benefit of the topic - durability test, not a fight - we will assume that the Hulk is standing there and taking the hit, and that he is at average savage Hulk sort of levels, not at calm base level.

SamZED
He'd heal eventually. As for who can do it... Um... Black Adam?big grin

Colossus-Big C
if you puch through his head it would heal around your arm before you can even move back, thats how fast his healing factor is, someone punched through his stomach and it healed around there fist

Trackz
I think decapitation is a way to kill the hulk

Priest
honestly no body would be able to punch the hulk's head off

namorsubby
Black Adam punches through his head, rips out of the "healed" wound, and repeats until something gives.....

King Castle
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
if you puch through his head it would heal around your arm before you can even move back, thats how fast his healing factor is, someone punched through his stomach and it healed around there fist i only recall hulk holding his intestines in while it healed otherwise his stomach and insides would have fallen out.. his fingers were still inside his stomach when it finally healed and he had to pull them out cause it hurt

Galan007
What'd happen if a character (say J'onn) used intangibility to phase his fist into Hulk's brain, then rematerialized it?

namorsubby
Originally posted by Galan007
What'd happen if a character (say J'onn) used intangibility to phase his fist into Hulk's brain, then rematerialized it? Nothing. He's the freakin' Hulk.

jk, I don't know. confused

RE: Blaxican
What'd happen if a character (say J'onn) used intangibility to phase his fist into Hulk's brain, then rematerialized it?

His hand would fall off?

Always wondered about that. I feel that when someone "phases" inside someone the phaser should get hurt, not the other guy. Dunno.

psycho gundam
What'd happen if a character (say J'onn) used intangibility to phase his fist into Hulk's brain, then rematerialized it? vision tried that and he got fu(k'd up.

Galan007
^ That's Vision, though. He's an even bigger pussy than J'onn. srsly

King Castle
hulk should die or get ko'ed/brain damage..

kgkg
Bricks are really powerful in comics smile

Black bolt z
What'd happen if a character (say J'onn) used intangibility to phase his fist into Hulk's brain, then rematerialized it? I think it would kill him.I mean when hulks neck was broken he was beaten.SO I imagine breaking his god brain would beat him.

LordofBrooklyn
Superboy Prime!

Superboy Prime= Headless Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I think it would kill him.I mean when hulks neck was broken he was beaten.SO I imagine breaking his god brain would beat him.

That was Professor Hulk to be fair.

The Gamma Corps weakened Green Scar with specific attacks keeping him off balance and used a virus that reverted him to previous power levels. He became the Gray Hulk. Then their strongest member broke his neck. He reverted back to his power levels and healed in moments when one of their members started to kill him when he was down.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That was Professor Hulk to be fair.

The Gamma Corps weakened Green Scar with specific attacks keeping him off balance and used a virus that reverted him to previous power levels. He became the Gray Hulk. Then their strongest member broke his neck. He reverted back to his power levels and healed in moments when one of their members started to kill him when he was down. Thats not what happened.Yes they weakened him.But his neck was broke.The general said he would never walk again.The only reason he healed was that one of the members of the gamma squad popped his head back into place where it should be.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thats not what happened.Yes they weakened him.But his neck was broke.The general said he would never walk again.The only reason he healed was that one of the members of the gamma squad popped his head back into place where it should be.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened. Exactly. They used attacks to keep him off balance while a virus which was meant to downgrade him was doing it's job. Once he reverted to his Gray Hulk levels, their strongest member broke his neck. So what? People have been underestimating the Hulk for years.

When was that ever mentioned or shown? The woman was choking the Hulk. The Hulk apparently got angry which caused him to get better and healed in moments.

A broken neck won't slow down a higher end Hulk.

Black bolt z
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened. Exactly. They used attacks to keep him off balance while a virus which was meant to downgrade him was doing it's job. Once he reverted to his Gray Hulk levels, their strongest member broke his neck. So what? People have been underestimating the Hulk for years.

When was that ever mentioned or shown? The woman was choking the Hulk. The Hulk apparently got angry which caused him to get better and healed in moments.

A broken neck won't slow down a higher end Hulk. The humanoids that prodigy created reverted him to regular hulk levels.Then all members of the gamma force weakened his neck then gray broke it.

No she popped his head back into place.Hulk couldn't move so he couldn't turn his head around himself.Re-read the comic.

It did.WWH was reverted back to reg hulk levels but it did stop him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The humanoids that prodigy created reverted him to regular hulk levels.Then all members of the gamma force weakened his neck then gray broke it.

No she popped his head back into place.Hulk couldn't move so he couldn't turn his head around himself.Re-read the comic.

It did.WWH was reverted back to reg hulk levels but it did stop him.

It reverted him to levels weaker than Savage as far as I can tell.

Where did it say that? I can't recall anything of the sort being mentioned in #4. Grey specifically attributed Hulk's recovery to him being stronger than they believed as I recall.

No it won't. It might slow him down when his reduced to such levels where his skin turns Gray in color but an enraged Savage Hulk or Green Scar I'd reckon would heal from such a wound pretty quickly. Especially in modern day Marvel where the Hulk's healing factor is being focused on.

Tha C-Master
I know Kitty can't do it as Hulk is too dense, but Kitty isn't exactly J'onn either.

h1a8
When Hulk is knocked unconsciousness he reverts back to Banner. Any serious damage to Hulk's brain and he dies forever.

Originally posted by h1a8
When Hulk is knocked unconsciousness he reverts back to Banner. Any serious damage to Hulk's brain and he dies forever. We've all seen how untrue all that is.

h1a8
Originally posted by 753
We've all seen how untrue all that is.

When Hulk is unconsciousness he reverts back to Banner. This was shown in comics several times. Hulk isn't angry when he's unconscious.
Also the brain controls everything. When it is damaged significantly (as a punch through the head) he dies instantly. Otherwise, it would be impossible to ko the Hulk. As we've seen so many times that this is not the case.

Black bolt z
It reverted him to levels weaker than Savage as far as I can tell.

Where did it say that? I can't recall anything of the sort being mentioned in #4. Grey specifically attributed Hulk's recovery to him being stronger than they believed as I recall.

No it won't. It might slow him down when his reduced to such levels where his skin turns Gray in color but an enraged Savage Hulk or Green Scar I'd reckon would heal from such a wound pretty quickly. Especially in modern day Marvel where the Hulk's healing factor is being focused on. Weaker then savage but not gray hulk levels.

I'm pretty sure she said something about it being wrong then popped his head back.

I don't think so.His head was on the other side of his body.He couldn't move so I don't know how he could heal from it.Unless his head turned around and healed on its own which I don't believe is the case.

If my scanner was working i'd show you.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Weaker then savage but not gray hulk levels.

I'm pretty sure she said something about it being wrong then popped his head back.

I don't think so.His head was on the other side of his body.He couldn't move so I don't know how he could heal from it.Unless his head turned around and healed on its own which I don't believe is the case.

If my scanner was working i'd show you.

The fact that his skin literally turned Gray made it pretty clear that he was at those levels.

I don't recall anything of the sort.

But he did. His the Hulk.

Black bolt z
The fact that his skin literally turned Gray made it pretty clear that he was at those levels.

I don't recall anything of the sort.

But he did. His the Hulk. Just took out the comic.Guess you are right on all accounts.

I could have sworn she popped his neck back into place.And I didn't remeber him being gray.

I concede

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just took out the comic.Guess you are right on all accounts.

I could have sworn she popped his neck back into place.And I didn't remeber him being gray.

I concede

excellent

psycho gundam
Just took out the comic.Guess you are right on all accounts.

I concede wondered when you'd get around doing that

Digi
There was a fight between a dude who reformed instantly and KC Superman. Superman was like "neat trick, but will you reform when I spread you across the Atlantic Ocean? I'm guessing no." That pretty much ended it.

So yeah, characters with the strength and speed to accomplish it could punch up Hulkie's head and keep him dead.

Estacado
Prime with GA could do it.

h1a8
Hulk is not immortal. Any punch through the brain kills him instantly and permanently. Why is this a discussion?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by psycho gundam
wondered when you'd get around doing that I concede when I'm wrong.Originally posted by h1a8
Hulk is not immortal. Any punch through the brain kills him instantly and permanently. Why is this a discussion? Except if you have a major healing factor.

BlackZero30x

good point...but something i would like to know is what is J'onn phased hulks brain out of his head.......

h1a8
I concede when I'm wrong. Except if you have a major healing factor. Healing factor doesn't work when Hulk is dead. Without Hulk's brain he cannot heal.

Tattoos N Scars
I'm sure Galactus could take Hulk's head off his shoulders...I don't see Hulk growing another head..or walking over and re-attaching it to his body.

Unless, he manifests a similar ability as the Creeper from Jeepers Creepers..lol

Black bolt z
Healing factor doesn't work when Hulk is dead. Without Hulk's brain he cannot heal. Then how come deadpool has been decapitated and is now alive?

illadelph12
Popeye could do it.

FanBoy101
A broken neck won't slow down a higher end Hulk. what's up with Hulk's neck? or what's up with Hulk? he gets in choke holds like a noob.. erm

Ravage, Maestro, Thor(what If) have broken Hulk's neck, I am sure Rulk(broke Hulk's Arm) and Juggernaut(Put Hulk on a choke hold and was about to brake it before he was stopped by RedSkull) can brake Hulk's neck if given the chance

What'd happen if a character (say J'onn) used intangibility to phase his fist into Hulk's brain, then rematerialized it? wrecks the brain, loses the hand and gets the win. Hulk probably survives thanks to his illogical HF

When Hulk is unconsciousness he reverts back to Banner. This was shown in comics several times. Hulk isn't angry when he's unconscious.
Also the brain controls everything. When it is damaged significantly (as a punch through the head) he dies instantly. Otherwise, it would be impossible to ko the Hulk. As we've seen so many times that this is not the case. banner has tranformed instantly in absurd situations whenever he is truly in danger

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I know Kitty can't do it as Hulk is too dense, but Kitty isn't exactly J'onn either. shadowcat did it to WWH, if she had shoved his head in the ground instead of just his hands, he'd have been KOed there.

quanchi112
Thats not what happened.Yes they weakened him.But his neck was broke.The general said he would never walk again.The only reason he healed was that one of the members of the gamma squad popped his head back into place where it should be. That's not what happened at all. When his powers returned to him his neck healed immediately. You're wrong once again.

byrdgang21
If Deadpool can survive decapitation then I'm sure Hulk could survive a punch through the head (if anyone could even do it). Hulk does only have the best HF in the MU.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by basilisk
So what would happen if someone succeeded in doing the punch right through his head and out the other side? Would the HF heal him right up good as new?Yeah. Originally posted by basilisk
Heal him up but with brain damage and/or memory/personality loss? Or would such an attack outright kill him?No. No. Originally posted by basilisk
And in your opinion which characters have the strength to actually pull off this attack on Hulk? A bunch if he completely permits them to do so and he's at base savage hulk levels like you stipulated.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by byrdgang21
If Deadpool can survive decapitation then I'm sure Hulk could survive a punch through the head (if anyone could even do it). Hulk does only have the best HF in the MU. not the same, as a decap head will still have an untouched brain, but if hulk's brain got destroyed he will lose all memories like Titannus did titannus

psycho gundam
Originally posted by basilisk
Now we all know that Hulk has a pretty good healing factor. But he doesn't have an adamantium skull like Wolverine's or invulnerability like Juggernaut's. So what would happen if someone succeeded in doing the punch right through his head and out the other side? Would the HF heal him right up good as new? Heal him up but with brain damage and/or memory/personality loss? Or would such an attack outright kill him?

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4025/incrediblehulk44610.jpg

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2182/incrediblehulk44611.jpg

right after this he gets a titanium (iirc that's what the metal was) nuclear explosive smothering containment unit air dropped onto him. he almost melts through it but it soon hardens making him into a statue once he calmed down. an issue or so later he casually breaks out and is completely healed with a different persona.

before he breaks out it's not certain how much times passes though, plus iirc he had a flashback while encased so he may have been in there longer than he needed to be.

note* the bullets didn't touch him due to the heat he was giving off, it was a memory (iirc) he was combatting

Kasper Gutman
The Heralds with the higher end strength have broken Hulk's bones but I can't picture them punching a hole through Hulk's head. I even doubt a WM Thor or a Power Gem weilding Kurse could do it. On the other hand, energy/magic attacks can rip him a new one alla Strange/Zomling creating new orafices at will smile I'd say it would take an amped up Skyfather or someone really really close to a Skyfather to do it. Maybe a Supes Prime or a Bor if were talking about a non amped figure.

Uriel005
Originally posted by illadelph12
Popeye could do it. Popeye would just glare with his eye while lighting his pipe and the Hulk would die.... Popeye is an unfair character with his stats. You could throw all of Marvel and DC at him and he'd laugh after some spinach and the thorough spanking of the multiple universes.

psycho gundam
^ they'd teleport, forcefield, or just poison the spinach

Lord_Talron
popeye can muscle off any of those situations.

carver9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4025/incrediblehulk44610.jpg

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2182/incrediblehulk44611.jpg

right after this he gets a titanium (iirc that's what the metal was) nuclear explosive smothering containment unit air dropped onto him. he almost melts through it but it soon hardens making him into a statue once he calmed down. an issue or so later he casually breaks out and is completely healed with a different persona.

before he breaks out it's not certain how much times passes though, plus iirc he had a flashback while encased so he may have been in there longer than he needed to be.

note* the bullets didn't touch him due to the heat he was giving off, it was a memory (iirc) he was combatting

Good post psycho...GOOD POST. You always have scans for the topic of discussion.

This thread can be closed now.

Lord_Talron
im sorry, but for the life of me i cant figure out whats going on in that scan.

carver9
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
im sorry, but for the life of me i cant figure out whats going on in that scan.

The only thing that really matters is hulk snatching his own head off and its reforming almost instantly.

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
The only thing that really matters is hulk snatching his own head off and its reforming almost instantly. Exaggerate much?

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Exaggerate much?

Yeah... you could say. It wasn't instantly but he reformed in one panel which is good enough for me.

Lord_Talron
you dont see his head fully reformed anywhere in that scan...

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
Yeah... you could say. It wasn't instantly but he reformed in one panel which is good enough for me.
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
you dont see his head fully reformed anywhere in that scan...
thumb up Not only that but it looks like he basically half scalpped himself and part of his head is missing to say he pulled his head off then instantly grew it back is exaggerating the feat...

psycho gundam
he was missing a good portion of his brain, but it was totally fixed next time you saw him.

the melted titanium seeped into the damaged are also, so it could be argued that it inhibited the rejuvenation somewhat, but he still was good as new after.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.