Darkseid vs Thor (Pure Physical Melee Fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No hammer or energy powers.

Who wins?

iceman24567
Split

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

Badabing
The New God disposes of the godling fairly easily.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Heretic.

Thor will have eye-knobs begging for quarter. Darkseid should pray tribute to Thor and Asgard.

DS

amnesia
DS is ****ing useless at h2h

-K-M-
Originally posted by amnesia
DS is ****ing useless at h2h

Ummmm...what?

Thor is more skilled H2H, but to say "DS is ****ing useless at h2h"? yeah..no.

h1a8
DS

Omega Vision
Darkseid. No hammer no sale. sneer
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Heretic.

Thor will have eye-knobs begging for quarter. Darkseid should pray tribute to Thor and Asgard.
How does one "pray tribute"?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Darkseid. No hammer no sale. sneer

How does one "pray tribute"?

I can't believe all the love Darkseid is getting. Beating Thor in hand to hand? Ha!

In Darkseid's case, he'd have to get on his knees, bend over, and spread his legs. He can pretend it's another Superman encounter.

Gecko4lif
I can't believe all the love Darkseid is getting. Beating Thor in hand to hand? Ha!

In Darkseid's case, he'd have to get on his knees, bend over, and spread his legs. He can pretend it's another Superman encounter.

Thor becomes darkseids prettiest wench

Black bolt z
Darkseid easy.Then darkseid rips off thors hair and becomes pretty.

Omega Vision

Nah. Thor gets fapped:
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Supermanconfidential08_19.jpg
stick out tongue

You realize that raping another man is incredibly homoerotic. Unless your name is Quanchi112, and then its "establishing alpha-male dominance".

You don't actually think Thor is that gay/desperate to rape Darkseid do you? Assuming it would be possible for him to do so.

Black bolt z
Nah. Thor gets fapped:
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Supermanconfidential08_19.jpg
stick out tongue Thanos and darkseid share the pimp slap in common.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thanos and darkseid share the pimp slap in common.
Except Darkseid is the original pimp slapper.

Darkseid FTW. Just because he jobs to Superman, doesn't mean he'll lose to Thor. Thor's much gayer and Norweigeny-er, so he's not entitled to the pass Superman occassionally uses to beat those who obviously outmatch him.

You don't actually think Thor is that gay/desperate to rape Darkseid do you? .

Yes, he is, but DS doesn't go that way, and will promptly let him know so by means of an ass-woopin'.

Nah. Thor gets fapped:
stick out tongue

You realize that raping another man is incredibly homoerotic. Unless your name is Quanchi112, and then its "establishing alpha-male dominance".

You don't actually think Thor is that gay/desperate to rape Darkseid do you? Assuming it would be possible for him to do so. DS has manned up again? What is that comic?

Originally posted by namorsubby
Except Darkseid is the original pimp slapper.
But thanos gets more respect out of his bitches.

-K-M-
Originally posted by 753
DS has manned up again? What is that comic?

Superman Confidential #8, you can see it in the Darkseid Respect Thread

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nah. Thor gets fapped:
stick out tongue

You don't actually think Thor is that gay/desperate to rape Darkseid do you? Assuming it would be possible for him to do so.

Oh, ho, ho. So you want to get into a scan war of Superman vs. Darkseid? Are you sure? Superman was a bit of a pussy in that series. In that issue he was hurt by a punch from a Parademon (Lol.) No surprise Orion was able to one shot him.

Thor's so manly, raping Darkseid won't change anything. His not as bad as Hercules but his bedded Giantesses.

Desperate? Wenches have been lining up and getting into fights for Thor's attention since he was a child. Even She-Hulk had to give Thor a 10/10 as I recall despite the fact that she hated his guts at the time.

shorty19
As tempted i want to go with the ruler of apoklips i gotta go with my boy thor.

Omega Vision
Oh, ho, ho. So you want to get into a scan war of Superman vs. Darkseid? Are you sure? Superman was a bit of a pussy in that series. In that issue he was hurt by a punch from a Parademon (Lol.) No surprise Orion was able to one shot him.

Thor's so manly, raping Darkseid won't change anything. His not as bad as Hercules but his bedded Giantesses.

Desperate? Wenches have been lining up and getting into fights for Thor's attention since he was a child. Even She-Hulk had to give Thor a 10/10 as I recall despite the fact that she hated his guts at the time.
He wasn't a pussy at all. Him standing up to a prolonged eye blast from DS gained him the respect and admiration of the Forever people. Just because DS is properly shown to be his superior in that comic doesn't mean Superman is written as a pussy, it just means that Darkseid is being written closer to his true stature.

You sound like Quanchi with his "prison rape isn't gay, its manly" spiel. laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
He wasn't a pussy at all. Him standing up to a prolonged eye blast from DS gained him the respect and admiration of the Forever people. Just because DS is properly shown to be his superior in that comic doesn't mean Superman is written as a pussy, it just means that Darkseid is being written closer to his true stature.

You sound like Quanchi with his "prison rape isn't gay, its manly" spiel. laughing out loud

Nah, Superman definitely seemed to be a pussy to me unless he decided to kick it up a notch. Of course Darkseid had to be stupid and take the fight to Earth as I recall. That was a mistake. I'd have loved to see him threaten Lois. He'd get his shit pushed in. Again. He'd have gone the way of Mantis.

Hey, Hercules is the manliest man in comics and his bedded Northstar. And mostly likely Cho as well.

Black bolt z
Nah, Superman definitely seemed to be a pussy to me unless he decided to kick it up a notch. Of course Darkseid had to be stupid and take the fight to Earth as I recall. That was a mistake. I'd have loved to see him threaten Lois. He'd get his shit pushed in. Again. He'd have gone the way of Mantis.

Hey, Hercules is the manliest man in comics and his bedded Northstar. And mostly likely Cho as well. Darkseid>Thanos>>>>Thor.Fact.

Darkseid is never written as he should be.

-Pr-
Darkseid.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Darkseid>Thanos>>>>Thor.Fact.

Lol.

Statements like that deserve an even bigger lol.

namorsubby
Homeroticism is the opposite of "manly", speaking naturally, and every other way that matters.

End discussion.

DS pimp smacks Thor into next week

Lol.

Statements like that deserve an even bigger lol.

I Don't believe Black Bolt's absolutism is to be taken literally, but that's just me. He's probably saying he's misused alot/wrongly portrayed according to the orginal intent, or just defined by his low showings too often(that 2nd one was just my opnion thrown in)

Black bolt z
Lol.

Statements like that deserve an even bigger lol. Its true.As OV said

Sasaraixx
Darkseid.

Philosophía
Originally posted by -K-M-
Ummmm...what?

Thor is more skilled H2H, but to say "DS is ****ing useless at h2h"? yeah..no. Yes he is, since Superman beat him.

And Thor proved he is easily at Superman's level, when his all-out hammer strike was palmed by Superman and then got his lights punched out with the other, while Superman was sitting down.

Omega Vision

Philosophía
Superman showed some combat superdickery, not even bothering to get up when making Thor take a nap.

He didn't even bother to explain to Thor how he stopped his all-out strike, and just left him with the awe-struck "the mightiest..in nine worlds...cannot" expression, then went on with an ambigous "my dials go up to eleven", knowing Thor is too dumb to get it.

SamZED

Darkseid is never written as he should be. That is the reason he cant possibly be > Thanos. At least Thanos has the "it was a clone" excuse every time he gets his ass kicked. Darkseid's feats come down to pwning Superman a few times and getting pwned BY Superman even more times. Thor wins the feat war.

Philosophía
Originally posted by SamZED
That is the reason he cant possibly be > Thanos. At least Thanos has the "it was a clone" excuse every time he gets his ass kicked. Darkseid's feats come down to pwning Superman a few times and getting pwned BY Superman even more times. Thor wins the feat war. This might come as a shock for most on this board -- but Superman beating him doesn't mean that Thor can, and it doesn't bring Darkseid's stock any lower either.

Jim Starlin would be begging the editors to let him retcon it into another clone if Superman ever encountered Thanos in a comic where the life of his friend was on the line, like it was in Apokolips Now -- where Superman was specifically stronger than usual, due to the change in mindset.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by SamZED
That is the reason he cant possibly be > Thanos. At least Thanos has the "it was a clone" excuse every time he gets his ass kicked. Darkseid's feats come down to pwning Superman a few times and getting pwned BY Superman even more times. Thor wins the feat war.
Actually a lot of DS's defeats have also been retconned as avatars or as Desaad impersonating him.

Just curious but where is your count? I can think of two times that Darkseid has been outright defeated by Superman and once where he was bfred against five or six times that DS has beaten or bfred Superman.

KuRuPT Thanosi

DS isn't superior to thanos, that is the first place u went wrong

TheTyrant

What do you mean by that? You saying that Seid is never been shown to be superior to Thanos yet he is? Nah.

Black bolt z
Homeroticism is the opposite of "manly", speaking naturally, and every other way that matters.

End discussion.

DS pimp smacks Thor into next week

I Don't believe Black Bolt's absolutism is to be taken literally, but that's just me. He's probably saying he's misused alot/wrongly portrayed according to the orginal intent, or just defined by his low showings too often(that 2nd one was just my opnion thrown in) This.The first option.Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
DS isn't superior to thanos, that is the first place u went wrong IMO he isOriginally posted by TheTyrant
What do you mean by that? You saying that Seid is never been shown to be superior to Thanos yet he is? Nah. He has been shown to be superior to thanos at time.Being beat by superman is his exception to the rule.And darkseid has beaten supes too.ANd just because supes can beat DS doesn't mean thor can.

YFZ 350
Darkseid wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
This.The first option. IMO he is He has been shown to be superior to thanos at time.Being beat by superman is his exception to the rule.And darkseid has beaten supes too.ANd just because supes can beat DS doesn't mean thor can.

So why is he superior again?

namorsubby
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
DS isn't superior to thanos, that is the first place u went wrong According to original intent and portrayal, he certainly is.

KuRuPT Thanosi
According to original intent and portrayal, he certainly is.

Ummm okay.. and this matters how? We see characters re-defined all the time. In fact Thanos looks MUCH different than he was orginally intended to look and be.

namorsubby
Just saying, people tend to act like he's always jobbing to superman or something. He is actually often portrayed in original fashion. He has many feats that put him on universal level. This guy has created beings more powerful than Thor.

What I'm saying is, respect his gangsta. cool

FORUM GAZER
DS IS A MATCH FOR SUPERMAN AT LEAST. SUPERMAN IS STRONGER THAN THOR SO DS SHOULD WIN. PLUS DS IS FAST AND KNOWS A BUNCH OF MARTIAN ARTS.

Black bolt z
So why is he superior again? I see thanos being superior in only a couple categories.

1: Pure strength
2: Smarts
3: Probably cunning but not 100% sure about that
4: Mindrape

Everything else I give to DS.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by FORUM GAZER
DS IS A MATCH FOR SUPERMAN AT LEAST. SUPERMAN IS STRONGER THAN THOR SO DS SHOULD WIN. PLUS DS IS FAST AND KNOWS A BUNCH OF MARTIAN ARTS. Can you not type in caps?

And did you mean martial arts?

FORUM GAZER
I see thanos being superior in only a couple categories.

MIND RAPE? HECK NO. PURE STRENGTH? NO. THANOS IS STRONGER THAN A WEAKER THOR. SUPERMAN IS STRONGER THAN A STRONGER THOR. DS AND SUPERMAN ARE AROUND THE SAME STRENGTH. THANOS AND DS AND SUPERMAN ARE ALL AROUND THE SAME STRENGTH.

KuRuPT Thanosi

add to that list Durability (by miles) h2h skills, striking force both h2h and energy. True DS has the Omega beams which are more powerful than anything that Thanos has. However, it is rarely used much like thor's Godblast. DS average energy projection beams are inferior to Thanos's. I guess energy projection is debatable depending on how you look at it. However striking power isn't. Also add to that mental defenses and matter manipulation.

Black bolt z
MIND RAPE? HECK NO. PURE STRENGTH? NO. THANOS IS STRONGER THAN A WEAKER THOR. SUPERMAN IS STRONGER THAN A STRONGER THOR. DS AND SUPERMAN ARE AROUND THE SAME STRENGTH. THANOS AND DS AND SUPERMAN ARE ALL AROUND THE SAME STRENGTH. What?I just see thanos being kinda superior in pure strength.

Mindrape i'm not 100% sure but I still think thanos.

the Darkone
Thor wins a split, if there are weapons involve Thor wins the majority.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What?I just see thanos being kinda superior in pure strength.

Mindrape i'm not 100% sure but I still think thanos. I think mind rape is pretty close. Durability and striking power aren't. mental defenses is also thanos. tech is also in thanos favor as it applies to vs. battles

FORUM GAZER
add to that list Durability (by miles) h2h skills, striking force both h2h and energy. True DS has the Omega beams which are more powerful than anything that Thanos has. However, it is rarely used much like thor's Godblast. DS average energy projection beams are inferior to Thanos's. I guess energy projection is debatable depending on how you look at it. However striking power isn't. Also add to that mental defenses and matter manipulation. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
add to that list Durability (by miles) h2h skills, striking force both h2h and energy. True DS has the Omega beams which are more powerful than anything that Thanos has. However, it is rarely used much like thor's Godblast. DS average energy projection beams are inferior to Thanos's. I guess energy projection is debatable depending on how you look at it. However striking power isn't. Also add to that mental defenses and matter manipulation.

OK YOUR POINTS.

DURABILITY

THE WHOLE LSH. THESE GUYS ARE USING TIME MANIPULATION, ENERGY, STRENGTH, MAGNETISM, ENERGY, MATTER MANIPULATION, AND IT DOES NOTHING BUT PUSH THIS GUY THRU A BOOM TUBE.

THIS GUY LOBO HERE IS AROUND SUPERMAN'S STRENGTH LEVEL. HE HAS KICKED AROUND THE RED LANTERN GUY AND THE ENTIRE YOUNG JUSTICE. HE BREAKS HIS HAND ON ROCK FACE.

THIS GUY'S DS'S ENERGY BLAST ARE SERIOUS. HE'S PUTTING DOWN GODS WITH THEM.

NOT TOO MANY GUYS CAN HURT THE SPECTRE UNDER THEIR OWN POWER. ESPECIALLY THE HAL JORDAN SPECTRE.

HE KILLS A GUY MORE POWERFUL THAN LIGHTRAY AND ORION COMBINED. HE ACTUALLY JUST MAKES HIM A PILE OF ASH OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

HE BLOWS UP THE ROBOT SUPERMAN GUY. NOTHING ELSE HAS EVER HURT THIS GUY THIS BADLY. NOT EVEN THE SINESTRO RING BATTERY BOMB.

AS FOR HAND TO HAND,
DS KNOCKS SUPERMAN INTO THE WALL SO EASILY AND EFFORTLESSLY.

I CAN'T THINK OF A SINGLE TIME THANOS HAS EVER SMACKED SOMEONE AROUND LIKE SUPERMAN. WITH STRENGTH ONLY.

the Darkone
OK YOUR POINTS.

DURABILITY

THE WHOLE LSH. THESE GUYS ARE USING TIME MANIPULATION, ENERGY, STRENGTH, MAGNETISM, ENERGY, MATTER MANIPULATION, AND IT DOES NOTHING BUT PUSH THIS GUY THRU A BOOM TUBE.

THIS GUY LOBO HERE IS AROUND SUPERMAN'S STRENGTH LEVEL. HE HAS KICKED AROUND THE RED LANTERN GUY AND THE ENTIRE YOUNG JUSTICE. HE BREAKS HIS HAND ON ROCK FACE.

THIS GUY'S DS'S ENERGY BLAST ARE SERIOUS. HE'S PUTTING DOWN GODS WITH THEM.

NOT TOO MANY GUYS CAN HURT THE SPECTRE UNDER THEIR OWN POWER. ESPECIALLY THE HAL JORDAN SPECTRE.

HE KILLS A GUY MORE POWERFUL THAN LIGHTRAY AND ORION COMBINED. HE ACTUALLY JUST MAKES HIM A PILE OF ASH OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

HE BLOWS UP THE ROBOT SUPERMAN GUY. NOTHING ELSE HAS EVER HURT THIS GUY THIS BADLY. NOT EVEN THE SINESTRO RING BATTERY BOMB.

AS FOR HAND TO HAND,
DS KNOCKS SUPERMAN INTO THE WALL SO EASILY AND EFFORTLESSLY.

I CAN'T THINK OF A SINGLE TIME THANOS HAS EVER SMACKED SOMEONE AROUND LIKE SUPERMAN. WITH STRENGTH ONLY.

dude turn off your caps!

Black bolt z
add to that list Durability (by miles) h2h skills, striking force both h2h and energy. True DS has the Omega beams which are more powerful than anything that Thanos has. However, it is rarely used much like thor's Godblast. DS average energy projection beams are inferior to Thanos's. I guess energy projection is debatable depending on how you look at it. However striking power isn't. Also add to that mental defenses and matter manipulation. By miles?I don't think so.I see DS as slightly superior but thats very debatable.

WHen has thanos really displayed much skill?I've never really seen him use that much skill to be above DS.

Striking power I see them as about equal.

I think he uses OE more then godblast....

Regular energy blasts I see them being about equal.

Mental defenses yes thanos has.

Not sure about matter manip.Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I think mind rape is pretty close. Durability and striking power aren't. mental defenses is also thanos. tech is also in thanos favor as it applies to vs. battles Yes durability and striking power are.

And how does tech apply?Only in a prep battle does it matter?

KuRuPT Thanosi
By miles?I don't think so.I see DS as slightly superior but thats very debatable.

WHen has thanos really displayed much skill?I've never really seen him use that much skill to be above DS.

Striking power I see them as about equal.

I think he uses OE more then godblast....

Regular energy blasts I see them being about equal.

Mental defenses yes thanos has.

Not sure about matter manip. Yes durability and striking power are.

And how does tech apply?Only in a prep battle does it matter?

I'm not even going to reply that dude who posts in all caps. For all I know it's probably Fangirl. Speaking of which... I kinda miss lightyear... true he was a sock but at least he contributed to the forum a lot.

Now onto your points... There is NO question who has better durability between the two. Darkseid has his eyes and face swollen up and begging for quarter against superman. Thanos was hit in the face by a Non Holding back Thor with the PG and all it did was a small trickle of blood and a smile from Thanos. It took DD 3 punches to completly KO DS. When have we ever seen Thanos KO'd from 3 punches from an elite brick.. you don't.. you Thanos treat bricks like weak feebs and pimp slap them away. To go even further... Thanos has no weakest that we know of other than Drax... DS has a radion weakest which is like kryptonite to supes. One radion bullet killed DS. Thanos doesn't have a weakest to an element like that. So yes, it's not even close when it comes to durability

As far as skills go... he trained Gamora to be the deadliest woman in the universe. We are talking about a lady who has mastered what 85% of all known MA in the Universe. We dont' see him doing flashy moves and kicks.. he doesn't need to.. he just needs his pimp hand.

Striking power I don't see them the same at all. I see Thanos as the superior. Maybe not by that much but superior.

Energy projection... as I said.. If you count DS OE.. then sure he has that category. If you count regular energy blasts Thanos's have looked far superior and done more damage on average.

Tech... doesn't have to be a prep thing.. Thanos incorporates tech as part of his standard gear. Examples being Teleporation tech and force block tech etc etc. We aren't talking about tech as in ships or planets full of various weapons. I'm only talking about the tech they carry on them which would apply to vs. battle and Thanos wins this area.

ankur29
DS ftw

Estacado

Mindrape?
Ds has mindraped like 3 billion daxamites.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Estacado
Mindrape?
Ds has mindraped like 3 billion daxamites. I haven't read that.

Philosophía
I haven't read that. It's only probably the most famous Darkseid story, so it's cool.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Darkseid is not superior to Thanos. He does have some feats on Thanos' level or beyond I'll give him that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I Don't believe Black Bolt's absolutism is to be taken literally, but that's just me. He's probably saying he's misused alot/wrongly portrayed according to the orginal intent, or just defined by his low showings too often(that 2nd one was just my opnion thrown in)

Okay.

-K-M-
edit

batdude123
uhuh @ your edit.

King Kandy
Mindrape?
Wasn't that GDS Darkseid though?

Philosophía
It's in continuity.

King Kandy
But that was a future Darkseid. How is it indicative of his power in the present?

Philosophía
Because he wasn't superior to present Darkseid.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Mindrape?

Why is raping 3 billion daxamites impressive again... Thanos TP is beyond that of xavier or moodragon with the Mind Gem. Resisting top tier TP people on the regular or being better than them is more impressive than mindraping a whole bunch of fodder with no Tp feats to speak of. Thanos doing battle with Galactus and doing very well against to him is more impressive than mind raping fodder.

KuRuPT Thanosi

-K-M-
Originally posted by batdude123
uhuh @ your edit.

smile

Originally posted by King Kandy
But that was a future Darkseid. How is it indicative of his power in the present?

As noted GDS Darkseaid said he was weaker then past/current Darkseid

How was he not superior to present DS when he had the power of how many extra people?

As noted by himself, he wasn't.

KuRuPT Thanosi
yet he did things that he has never done before and is considered the most powerful DS and yet is weaker than present. Had the power of how many extra people.. and yet we believe what DS says?

King Kandy
Yeah but just because he's weaker overall doesn't mean he's weaker in every single category. I mean it stands to reason he probably picked up some skills over all that time, even if he wasn't at full strength.

King Kandy
Why is raping 3 billion daxamites impressive again... Thanos TP is beyond that of xavier or moodragon with the Mind Gem. Resisting top tier TP people on the regular or being better than them is more impressive than mindraping a whole bunch of fodder with no Tp feats to speak of. Thanos doing battle with Galactus and doing very well against to him is more impressive than mind raping fodder.
Also i'd like to say, Moondragon mind controlled an entire planet before she had the mind gem, and Thanos was way above her.

-K-M-
yet he did things that he has never done before and is considered the most powerful DS and yet is weaker than present. Had the power of how many extra people.. and yet we believe what DS says?

Final Crisis Darkseid would disagree with that. So you suggest we shall ignore what is stated then?

Yeah but just because he's weaker overall doesn't mean he's weaker in every single category. I mean it stands to reason he probably picked up some skills over all that time, even if he wasn't at full strength.

S T R E T C H

King Kandy
That's not a stretch. Just because you won't be as strong when you're older doesn't mean you won't improve at all. Especially since TP is based on the mind not just power.

-K-M-
That's not a stretch. Just because you won't be as strong when you're older doesn't mean you won't improve at all. Especially since TP is based on the mind not just power.

Not true, there are many characters that get stronger as time goes on ie. Hulk, Thing, Human Torch, Wonderman, etc. So your logic doesn't work.

Sr J-Bieb
Darkseid has no TP feats near the GDS saga level.

King Kandy
Not true, there are many characters that get stronger as time goes on ie. Hulk, Thing, Human Torch, Wonderman, etc. So your logic doesn't work.

What? That has nothing to do with what i'm saying. We don't know if everything about someone gets weaker with age... we do know that Darkseid did, however. But to think that his mind remained totally the same, when he was as sharp as ever, his mind definitely was not weaker in GDS. There's no reason that everything about him should have gotten weaker just because he isn't as strong as he used to be.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Darkseid has no TP feats near the GDS saga level.

He's never used it does that mean he doesn't have it? Even during Countdown when DS grew to the size of the building for the first time ever no one was suprized.

-K-M-
What? That has nothing to do with what i'm saying. We don't know if everything about someone gets weaker with age... we do know that Darkseid did, however. But to think that his mind remained totally the same, when he was as sharp as ever, his mind definitely was not weaker in GDS. There's no reason that everything about him should have gotten weaker just because he isn't as strong as he used to be.

Yes, because he was dormant so he wasn't exactally training or practicing and growing stronger. The reason he wanted to steal people's powers was to get back to his full strength as he noted. So no.

Sr J-Bieb
He's never used it does that mean he doesn't have it? Even during Countdown when DS grew to the size of the building for the first time ever no one was suprized. That's not what I said.

And using a power for the first time =/= mind raping three billion Daxamites

KuRuPT Thanosi

You do realize you're actually arguing his point right?

-K-M-
That's not what I said.

And using a power for the first time =/= mind raping three billion Daxamites

and you clearly missed the point. Just because current DS didn't do it doesn't mean he can't. As noted GDS was weaker then current.

You do realize you're actually arguing his point right?

Not really, but then again you wish to ignore what the comics say.

Prep-Man
About GDS Darkseid being weaker than current. Would that be in Pre-Crisis standards? Because I doubt current Darkseid (not FC DS) can beat GDS Darkseid. GDS DS was going toe to toe with Pre-Crisis Daxamites and Kryptonians.

KuRuPT Thanosi
and you clearly missed the point. Just because current DS didn't do it doesn't mean he can't. As noted GDS was weaker then current.

Not really, but then again you wish to ignore what the comics say.

So there is no such thing as hyperbole and everything stated in a comic is fact and never just for plot and dramatics?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Prep-Man
About GDS Darkseid being weaker than current. Would that be in Pre-Crisis standards? Because I doubt current Darkseid (not FC DS) can beat GDS Darkseid. GDS DS was going toe to toe with Pre-Crisis Daxamites and Kryptonians.

Darkseid wasn't affected by the Crisis, and if people actually read DS they would know practically all his defeats were retconned to be either an avatar or Desaad. Current DS is Final Crisis DS, and the true DS.

-K-M-
So there is no such thing as hyperbole and everything stated in a comic is fact and never just for plot and dramatics?

How on earth was that hyperbole? Seriously endulge me how do you figure that was hyerbole? as the whole point of the story was him stealing peoples powers to regain his power as he said he lost not once but multiple times.

Sr J-Bieb
Which means nothing as he's never done it.

If Darkseid truly has no TP to speak of, then that's a little different than simply growing, or using a new power.
Like I said using a new power doesn't mean he'll jump right into a really ****ing high use of said power.

KuRuPT Thanosi
How on earth was that hyperbole? Seriously endulge me how do you figure that was hyerbole? as the whole point of the story was him stealing peoples powers to regain his power as he said he lost not once but multiple times.

not what I asked you. You stated that it was stated by him and in a comic thus a fact. You then further stated that I ignore things stated in comics. So then I posed a query to you asking if you taking everything spoken by everyone in a comic to be a fact? Still waiting for that answer.

-K-M-

If Darkseid truly has no TP to speak of, then that's a little different than simply growing, or using a new power.

Like I said using a new power doesn't mean he'll jump right into a really ****ing high use of said power.

Ummm...current DS has demonstrated tp before erm

-K-M-
not what I asked you. You stated that it was stated by him and in a comic thus a fact. You then further stated that I ignore things stated in comics. So then I posed a query to you asking if you taking everything spoken by everyone in a comic to be a fact? Still waiting for that answer.

What's the question?

Sr J-Bieb
Ummm...current DS has demonstrated tp before erm You just said he didn't when I said he had no TP near that level.

Oddly enough, my first post in this thread answers a lot...

And if you didn't state that, then well, you misunderstood what I said, like I said in my second post.

-K-M-
You just said he didn't when I said he had no TP near that level.

Oddly enough, my first post in this thread answers a lot...

I was talking about on that level, I never said he doesn't have tp.

Sr J-Bieb
I was talking about on that level, I never said he doesn't have tp. I'm not sure how that makes sense then.

-K-M-
I'm not sure how that makes sense then.

Hence my reply saying he actually DOES have tp currently.

Sr J-Bieb
Hence my reply saying he actually DOES have tp currently. And here's what I was replying to:

Darkseid has no TP feats near the GDS saga level. Originally posted by -K-M-
He's never used it does that mean he doesn't have it? Even during Countdown when DS grew to the size of the building for the first time ever no one was suprized.
Which indicates that you're talking about TP as a whole. The whole stance indicates this in your post.

However, if talking about what you're saying now, then well, ya, that's exactly what it means. He has no feats near the level. We can't attribute these feats to him just because he's never tried, or hasn't done so.

-K-M-
And here's what I was replying to:

Which indicates that you're talking about TP as a whole. The whole stance indicates this in your post.

However, if talking about what you're saying now, then well, ya, that's exactly what it means. He has no feats near the level. We can't attribute these feats to him just because he's never tried, or hasn't done so.

*slaps forehead* and my other comments related to this. Just because he never did it in the current timeline doesn't mean he couldn't especially when even right up to his death we were seeing powers he has never demonstrated before.

Except the comment that GDS DS said he was weaker then current, we go by that.

Sr J-Bieb
*slaps forehead* and my other comments related to this. Just because he never did it in the current timeline doesn't mean he couldn't especially when even right up to his death we were seeing powers he has never demonstrated before.

Accept the comment that GDS DS said he was weaker then current, we go by that. They didn't until I actually spelled out the message you were portraying. This whole 'powers' stance even backs it up that you misunderstood what I said (since new powers would go hand in hand with giving him TP if he did indeed not have it before).
New powers again is irrelevant. You could develop the powers to rape dogs with a thought; it doesn't mean you're going to mind rape 3 billion PC Daxamites.

I do accept that he said that. I don't accept giving this feat to normal Darkseid especially when his TP feats are nowhere near GDS'.

-K-M-
They didn't until I actually spelled out the message you were portraying. This whole 'powers' stance even backs it up that you misunderstood what I said.
New powers again is irrelevant. You could develop the powers to rape dogs with a thought; it doesn't mean you're going to mind rape 3 billion PC Daxamites.

I do accept that he said that. I don't accept giving this feat to normal Darkseid especially when his TP feats are nowhere near GDS'.

*facepalm* Wow simply wow, you still don't get it.

and you have no proof to say he couldn't, as right up until Final Crisis we never even saw the true Darkseid.

Gecko4lif
Darkseid wasn't affected by the Crisis, and if people actually read DS they would know practically all his defeats were retconned to be either an avatar or Desaad. Current DS is Final Crisis DS, and the true DS.

But darkseid has been depowered 3 times on panel

If we go by the statements of gds that he was weaker than now then upon inception he would hae had to have been BEASTLY cool

Sr J-Bieb

and you have no proof to say he couldn't, as right up until Final Crisis we never even saw the true Darkseid. Problem is, you don't get it. I've already went over all the angles you could have been coming from, or backpedaling to.
Just to reiterate, I didn't take away Darkseid's TP, as the very first post I gave it to him, I was just going along with what it seemed you were trying to state. If he did indeed not have it, etc.
All you have to be is clearer, like you're going to have to be right now if I 'don't get it'.

I have proof! You want to hear it? OK, get ready for it... He's never done it. no expression
He's never done it (which you guy's are already giving him the feat of), and he's never done anything close. Simple really.

I was under the impression like everyone else in this thread that we weren't talking about giant beast Darkseid, and instead the one we've seen in every other comic. Either way, same thing holds true, you just can't give someone a feat.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What's the question?

The question is generally the sentence before the question mark, and in this case, the same applies.

-Pr-
Guys, no more telepathy talk please, as this isn't the point of this thread...

KuRuPT Thanosi

and you have no proof to say he couldn't, as right up until Final Crisis we never even saw the true Darkseid.

The true DS.. please elaborate on what that means? Hopefully your not another person I have to shoot down about how he exhibited multiversal power.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by -Pr-
Guys, no more telepathy talk please, as this isn't the point of this thread... Thor loses most likely.

-K-M-
So then I posed a query to you asking if you taking everything spoken by everyone in a comic to be a fact? Still waiting for that answer.

Of course not, but when the comment directly relates to the story itself and other people comment on it too yeah it's consider canon.

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
But darkseid has been depowered 3 times on panel

If we go by the statements of gds that he was weaker than now then upon inception he would hae had to have been BEASTLY cool

When was he depowered 3 times on panel?

Problem is, you don't get it. I've already went over all the angles you could have been coming from, or backpedaling to.
Just to reiterate, I didn't take away Darkseid's TP, as the very first post I gave it to him, I was just going along with what it seemed you were trying to state. If he did indeed not have it, etc.
All you have to be is clearer, like you're going to have to be right now if I 'don't get it'.

I have proof! You want to hear it? OK, get ready for it... He's never done it. no expression
He's never done it (which you guy's are already giving him the feat of), and he's never done anything close. Simple really.

I was under the impression like everyone else in this thread that we weren't talking about giant beast Darkseid, and instead the one we've seen in every other comic. Either way, same thing holds true, you just can't give someone a feat.

Backpeadling? Lulz. Pretty sure right from the start I said current DS hasn't demonstrated the tp level he did in GDS. However, I also said you can't automatically say current cant do that as future DS even said he was weaker then current. We only even saw the true Darkseid in Final Crisis. You also made a comment he didn't have any telepathy and I indicated even current DS did. Does telepathy have any bearing on this thread? No.

Technically he did, and by a weaker DS as noted.

forum rules we go by current versions of the character unless stipulated. So that means Final Crisis DS.

-K-M-
The true DS.. please elaborate on what that means? Hopefully your not another person I have to shoot down about how he exhibited multiversal power.

As indicated in the story they never seen the true DS before be a hint?

carver9
Thor 7/10

Prep-Man
Darky wins.

Sr J-Bieb
Backpeadling? Lulz. Pretty sure right from the start I said current DS hasn't demonstrated the tp level he did in GDS. However, I also said you can't automatically say current cant do that as future DS even said he was weaker then current. We only even saw the true Darkseid in Final Crisis. You also made a comment he didn't have any telepathy and I indicated even current DS did. Does telepathy have any bearing on this thread? No.

Technically he did, and by a weaker DS as noted.

forum rules we go by current versions of the character unless stipulated. So that means Final Crisis DS. Glad this didn't answer anything I didn't already talk about. Especially after PR told us to knock it off.

The people earlier were talking of Thanos vs Darkseid, which wasn't factoring in forum rules.
Anyway, forum rules of this would be retarded to say the least. DS shouldn't fall under this considering the sizable power difference, even without seeing the opponents.
Thor vs FC Darkseid in h2h would certainly be a cute thing to see drawn in a comic though.

namorsubby
This is current Darkseid, right? Well, not current, but the last before his "death"?

Didn't Final Crisis Darkseid almost destroy the entirety of the DCU simply by "dragging it down" to death with him?

-K-M-
Glad this didn't answer anything I didn't already talk about. Especially after PR told us to knock it off.

The people earlier were talking of Thanos vs Darkseid, which wasn't factoring in forum rules.
Anyway, forum rules of this would be retarded to say the least. DS shouldn't fall under this considering the sizable power difference, even without seeing the opponents.
Thor vs FC Darkseid in h2h would certainly be a cute thing to see drawn in a comic though.

*facepalm*

So you don't like it you will ignore it, interesting. Those are the rules stated on the first page. If you don't like it take it up with the mods

Prep-Man
This is current Darkseid, right? Well, not current, but the last before his "death"?

Didn't Final Crisis Darkseid almost destroy the entirety of the DCU simply by "dragging it down" to death with him?

Yes, he was falling, though.

Sr J-Bieb
*facepalm*

So you don't like it you will ignore it, interesting. I just said Darkseid wins, and I'm talking about 'normal' Darkseid. laughing out loud

I'm just saying that FC Darkseid takes away any chance of this being a debatable thread.

Jesus Mungi.

-K-M-
I just said Darkseid wins, and I'm talking about 'normal' Darkseid. laughing out loud

I'm just saying that FC Darkseid takes away any chance of this being a debatable thread.

Jesus Mungi.

Why do I care if you say DS wins or not? I never even said DS wins or not myself.

Fantastic, you just are arguing against the rules that are set up. Like I said take it up with the mods.

EDIT: WTF I thought you were a new member, dude you should know this already.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Yes, he was falling, though. So, in others words, he's not even to be compared to Thor, or even Thanos, in terms of power, considering.

Gecko4lif
When was he depowered 3 times on panel?
Actually I saw the scans floating around here somewhere

1 time was after removing himself from the source wall
1 time was after crossing through a dimension or something like that
and I dont remember the 3rd time

Sr J-Bieb
Why do I care if you say DS wins or not? I never even said DS wins or not myself.

Fantastic, you just are arguing against the rules that are set up. Like I said take it up with the mods. Because if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have weakest DS winning.
And obviously you think DS wins when you want FC Darkseid in this thread. no expression

laughing
Yes, I hate the rules, and I'm going to go give PR/Bada a good scolding on the rules. I just don't feel like Darkseid should be under this ruleset, especially in this thread... didn't think you'd take such offense to it.

-K-M-
Most of the times he was depowered such as when he was removed from the source wall he regained his power.

Not sure what scene your talking about with the dimension.

Sr J-Bieb
EDIT: WTF I thought you were a new member Thus the trick.

-K-M-
Because if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have weakest DS winning.
And obviously you think DS wins when you want FC Darkseid in this thread. no expression

laughing
Yes, I hate the rules, and I'm going to go give PR/Bada a good scolding on the rules. I just don't feel like FC should be under this ruleset, especially in this thread... didn't think you'd take such offense to it.

I could careless to be honest.

If I knew it was you I wouldn't have been annoyed. The junior member, new name and no sig made me think you were just a troll. Then when you got a sig and when I saw what it was....I clued in. Sorry about that.

Sr J-Bieb

If I knew it was you I wouldn't have been annoyed. The junior member, new title and no sig made me think you were just a troll. Then when you got a sig and when I saw what it was....I clued in. Sorry about that. Ha!

Foiled.

Starscream M
you mean you couldn't care less...

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Starscream M

^

There's your equivalent of a new member right there.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M

Correct.

-Pr-
I'm going to go give PR/Bada a good scolding on the rules.

?

Sr J-Bieb
? Kidding.

Seriously though, there should be a little note that people who get a massive change in power should be specified. Or the spite part overwrites it being current versions. Meh.

Omega Vision
If we're using FC Darkseid then this is essentially Thor beating Dan Turpin's body while spirit-form Darkseid laughs at him and makes villainous speeches.

Either that or he falls on Thor and crushes him.

-Pr-
Kidding.

Seriously though, there should be a little note that people who get a massive change in power should be specified. Or the spite part overwrites it being current versions. Meh.

we had thought that people got that by now, tbh, and that we didn't have to.

Sr J-Bieb
we had thought that people got that by now, tbh, and that we didn't have to. Well, Mungi was trying to lecture 'new' me about it. I've seen other people do it as well.

The common sense standpoint works though too.

Either way, DS wins, so not really relevant here.

Black bolt z
Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.