Im gonna be a jerk- SW plot holes explained in my own way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I don't read the EU, don't care, never will. So I'm gonna be a jerk and say my explainations are as good as anybody elses since Lucas couldn't do it on his own.

Two plot holes that people endlessly debate about

1. The whole Sifo Dyas thing:

After Palpatine lost Maul, he lured in Count Dooku, told him his plot and seduced him with power, had Dooku secretly kill Sifo Dyas while Palpatine masquerading as Sifo Dyas placed the order for the Clone army, then while that was going down Dooku erased the Jedi files of the location of Kamino, and Sifo Dyas turned up dead, then the Jedi were like "WTF?"

-not like it really matters what the real story is. It "sort of" was explained in ROTS when OB1 said "It turns out Palpatine was behind everything, including the war"

2. Leia remembers her mother

The force, really thats all can be said. "through the force things you will see, other places, the future, the past, old friends long gone"

To continued.........

Ushgarak
2 doesn't work as it does not account as to why Luke, superior with the Force, does not.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Ushgarak
2 doesn't work as it does not account as to why Luke, superior with the Force, does not.

Because he just doesn't. There, explained

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Ushgarak

One might wonder if Luke doesn't see his mother because he is always looking to the future, his mind always on the horizon...Leia may be a more contemplative character.

~JP~
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Because he just doesn't. There, explained

That holds as much water as the "Because I said so" argument.

Jack Daniels
I like boobs

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by ~JP~
That holds as much water as the "Because I said so" argument.

Well at this point its as good as an explaination as any.

And yes Jack Daniels i like boobs too. Preferably B cup

Sith Master X
After Episode III, I thought the whole "remembering her mother" thing was pretty much answered.

At the end of the film, Bail Organa lays baby Leia into the arms of another woman...presumably his wife I took it. And from there, I figured that was the woman who helped raise her, and that's who Leia was remembering. It makes perfect sense. Remember what Bail said..."My wife and I will take the child and watch over her. She will be loved with us." So there it is. That's who Leia remembered.

It makes no sense to begin with though, that she would even be referring to Padme, since Padme died immediately after childbirth.
I think the biggest plot hole here lies with us...the audience members, who assumed that she was remembering Padme.
So to me at least, that question was answered at the end of Episode III.

Sith Master X
And I know Luke says "your REAL mother" however, Organa was the only mother Leia ever knew. To her, that was her real mother.

~JP~
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
I like boobs

Good for you, and welcome to my ignore list. Now see we are all happy! big grin

Jack Daniels
i sorry

Jack Daniels
no Im not sorry...you couldnt ignore me if you wanted 2 teach...hehe sorry Im just that good lookin...(think that will get me off the ignore thing?)

queeq
Originally posted by Sith Master X
And I know Luke says "your REAL mother" however, Organa was the only mother Leia ever knew. To her, that was her real mother.

She knows exactly what Luke was talking about. And as fas as we know, Leia's mother died when Alderaan was blown up. There is no reference to Mrs. Organa dying when Leia was young.

All in all, this is a major mistake. Lucas just tried to shuffle this one under the carpet by letting Leia see her mother for two seconds longer than Luke... All BS though. Lucas changed his mind... again.... and screwed up... again.

steverules_2

When Luke said REAL mother then it's pretty obvious what he meant otherwise he would have said 'Your mother.' If you were adopted and someone asked you 'What do you remember of your REAL mother?' You wouldn't describe you adoptive mother, you would describe your birth mother. Like Queeq said, Leia knew what Luke meant. Plain and simple...Lucas just screwed up, I mean for Gods sake Padme died of a broken heart :s Least they coulda done was have her die from giving birth..not a broken heart. They could've had her live and then die later on but they couldn't exactly suddenly skip...I dunno 3 or 5 years later just to kill off Padme suddenly so that it makes sense that Leia would remember Padme. But even if Padme had lived it wouldn't have been safe to keep the kids with her cause Vader/Palpatine would go after her to get the kids. The PT should never have really happened, I mean they were ok films (never match up to the OT) but they problem was they completely screwed up the OT, they should've planned out the PT far better.

Sith Master X
Steve, I would describe my "REAL" mother as whoever raised me, fed me, watched over me, comforted me, and taught me.

I'm not fooled by DNA contrary to popular belief. He said "real" not "biological." And if Lucas screwed up....."Wow George....way to be human!"

queeq
Does it come down to semantics now? Hate to say it, SMX, but you're wrong here.

steverules_2
Steve, I would describe my "REAL" mother as whoever raised me, fed me, watched over me, comforted me, and taught me.

I'm not fooled by DNA contrary to popular belief. He said "real" not "biological." And if Lucas screwed up....."Wow George....way to be human!"

roll eyes (sarcastic) When someone says REAL mother then they mean biological, otherwise he wouldn't have put the 'real' at the start of his sentence, he woulda just said 'Do you remember your mother?'

Screwing up is Human yes...but the screwing up could have been avoided by:

A) Not making the PT or

B) Planning out the PT a whole lot better

Sith Master X
Yes, it's obvious that Luke was referring to her biological mother, but perhaps Leia wasn't.

It's like when someone ask you something and you know what they're referring to, but you refer to something different.

I'm not saying Lucas "didn't" screw up, because at the end of the day, it's obvious way back then that he never knew that 16 years later he was doing to make a prequel trilogy.

I'm just saying, some people think it's the biggest plot hole ever, and it really isn't worth making a huge fuss about, because we never really know what was going on in Leia's mind when she spoke about.

steverules_2
When I saw the OT when Luke said 'real mother' and then Leia spoke of her real mother, I think people thought she was talking about her and Lukes mother...their biological mother. The only person who truly knows would be Lucas, I mean there are other plot holes sure...Ben wasn't like 'Yo R2!! 3PO!!! Dude's haven't seen you in like...ages!!!' Heck even Owen didn't remember 3PO and 3PO had worked with Owen before. I mean those aren't the biggest plot holes sure but the PT I'm sure is filled with them.

queeq
And Lucas has been known to change his mind.... from time to time.... oh dear.

steverules_2
Do you of any original idea's he had?

queeq
Sw... THX-1138 (which was rather brilliant), American Graffiti and, of course.... Howard the Duck.

steverules_2
Howard the duck...saw that a while a go, was pretty awful

darthmaul1
I look at it as if Leia being a woman has a stronger bond (force bond) with her mother. where as luke did not.

queeq
Originally posted by steverules_2
Howard the duck...saw that a while a go, was pretty awful

Were you not warned NOT to see it?????

Sith Master X
Yeah, Lucas produced it. And it wasn't good at all.

They even so much as had to make a fake poster with Howard the Duck as Indiana Jones.

steverules_2
Originally posted by queeq
Were you not warned NOT to see it?????

Oh I knew it was bad...I just had to see it for myself. People watched 2 girls 1 cup even though they knew it was waaaaaay gross.

queeq
True. So did I.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.