All-Star Superman Vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/12037/249031-124777-superman_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/229/77376-52507-silver-surfer_large.jpg

Galan007
Surfer.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
Surfer. isn't ASS more powerful than regular superman?

Badabing
AS Supes drops the Fortress key on Surfer. AS Supes wins.

Colossus-Big C
Ass is more stronger and maybe slightly more powerful

but surfer wins
1.create high levels of kryptonight radiaton
2.drain all his solar energy
3.minrape him

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
3.minrape him

pr1983

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Badabing
AS Supes drops the Fortress key on Surfer. AS Supes wins. His name is Ass, just say Ass

Galan007
Originally posted by Starscream M
isn't ASS more powerful than regular superman? It's arguable, but the general consensus seems to be that A/S is stronger. Though Surfer could still win by either a.) depowering Supes via red sun radiation, or b.) kill him via overloading his already bursting cells with even more yellow sun radiation. Either way.

1.create high levels of kryptonight radiaton A/S is immune to kryptonite.

Lostedge
Why do people play always kryptonite card. How does Silver Surfer know that Superman is weak against kryptonite? Also Silver Surfer normally charges against his opponents and uses some energy blasts. He seldom does anything else with his cosmic powers.

Superman wins this slugfest, just because Silver Surfer will not use red sun or kryptonite even with his cosmic awereness.

Slaanesh
if AS Supes is just a little bit more powerful than regular Supes..Surfer win..

Q99
isn't ASS more powerful than regular superman?

Yes.

During the series he experiences an event that more than triples his strength and gives him some minor powers like letting him extend his bio-aura, and making him immune to kryptonite.

Mindship
Wasn't ASS also coming apart at the seams because he was so loaded up with solar radiation?

Bentley
Originally posted by Q99
Yes.

During the series he experiences an event that more than triples his strength and gives him some minor powers like letting him extend his bio-aura, and making him immune to kryptonite.

A non-canon Superman, is next to impossible to say how AS Supes is stronger than the regular one if at all.

Q99
He was one-handed pressing several quintillion tons or something like that when testing his strength.

Originally posted by Mindship
Wasn't ASS also coming apart at the seams because he was so loaded up with solar radiation?

The process would slowly kill him, but it'd take awhile and it didn't affect him in combat.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Lostedge
Why do people play always kryptonite card. How does Silver Surfer know that Superman is weak against kryptonite? Also Silver Surfer normally charges against his opponents and uses some energy blasts. He seldom does anything else with his cosmic powers.

Superman wins this slugfest, just because Silver Surfer will not use red sun or kryptonite even with his cosmic awereness.

1- It's comon knowledge that Sups is weak to Kryptonite.
2- Surfer can "scan" an enemy and his weaknesses. He did it in the past, at least one time, on Gladiator.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
1- It's comon knowledge that Sups is weak to Kryptonite.
2- Surfer can "scan" an enemy and his weaknesses. He did it in the past, at least one time, on Gladiator. This superman however is not weak to k-nite.

Mindship
Originally posted by Q99
He was one-handed pressing several quintillion tons or something like that when testing his strength.And to this day, I still wonder what the hell the floor was made of.

The process would slowly kill him, but it'd take awhile and it didn't affect him in combat. I was thinking in terms of this being another option for Surfer. Instead of a solar drain (now having to take in 3x as much), might it be easier for Surfer to just go with the flow and overload Supes, ie, accelerate the process? A sort of judo approach.

Colossus-Big C
And to this day, I still wonder what the hell the floor was made of.
not to mention what the hell was powering that force.
thats the weight of planets

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
He was one-handed pressing several quintillion tons or something like that when testing his strength.

The process would slowly kill him, but it'd take awhile and it didn't affect him in combat.
IIRC it was 200 Quintillion tons...which is only a fraction of the mass of the Earth. I don't think such a feat is beyond the power of Current Superman personally.
not to mention what the hell was powering that force.
thats the weight of planets
A small planet maybe. Smaller than Mercury even.

Naija boy
Surfer still.

Q99

I was thinking in terms of this being another option for Surfer. Instead of a solar drain (now having to take in 3x as much), might it be easier for Surfer to just go with the flow and overload Supes, ie, accelerate the process? A sort of judo approach.

That'd be out of character, what with it being rapidly deadly to do so and all.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
The process would slowly kill him, but it'd take awhile and it didn't affect him in combat. Superman's cells were bursting/dying nonetheless:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9789/allstar1.th.jpg http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2355/allstar2o.th.jpg
(If Superman could see his cells being destroyed via x-ray vision, Surfer would definitely be able to.)

Anyhow, all Surfer would have to do is blast Supes a few times with concentrated bursts of solar radiation, and it would almost certainly be sufficient to overload (and subsequently kill) him.

...Or he could also use red sun radiation for a very rapid depowering.

Originally posted by Q99
That'd be out of character, what with it being rapidly deadly to do so and all. Characters operate at max capacity, per forum rules.

Colossus-Big C
Surfer beats every version of superman

Q99

Characters operate at max capacity, per forum rules.

Maximum capacity, but bloodlust is a separate thing. Surfer still won't go strait for the kill.

Oh who cares, BFR still works so surfer wins. There.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
Maximum capacity, but bloodlust is a separate thing. Surfer still won't go strait for the kill. He doesn't have to kill Superman, just incapacitate him (which, again, can be easily accomplished with either yellow or red sun radiation.)

Originally posted by 753
Oh who cares, BFR still works so surfer wins. There. Heh. That too.

batdude123
He doesn't have to kill Superman, just incapacitate him (which, again, can be easily accomplished with either yellow or red sun radiation.)

And Superman can incapacitate Surfer with much simpler methods (his left or his right fist).

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by batdude123
And Superman can incapacitate Surfer with much simpler methods (his left or his right fist). laughing laughing Surfer can take all versions of superman all at the same time with out PIS/CIS

-Pr-
laughing laughing Surfer can take all versions of superman all at the same time with out PIS/CIS

don't be stupid.

Galan007
And Superman can incapacitate Surfer with much simpler methods (his left or his right fist). Don't see it happening, tbh. Even if a punch was enough to incapacitate Surfer (which I don't think is the case) I can't think of anything Supes did that indicates him being fast enough to connect with said punch.

The Nuul
Surfer beats every version of superman

You fail at trolling.

SS can not come close to high level Supes like CA Supes.

batdude123
Don't see it happening, tbh. Even if a punch was enough to incapacitate Surfer (which I don't think is the case) I can't think of anything Supes did that indicates him being fast enough to connect with said punch.

Yet Thanos, Thor, Ganymede, Champion, etc. are all fast enough to hit him.

mmm

Starscream M
Don't see it happening, tbh. Even if a punch was enough to incapacitate Surfer (which I don't think is the case) I can't think of anything Supes did that indicates him being fast enough to connect with said punch. you don't think superman can connect with a punch on surfer? What!?

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by The Nuul
You fail at trolling.

SS can not come close to high level Supes like CA Supes.

So true

batdude123
you don't think superman can connect with a punch on surfer? What!?

It comes from the forum myth that Surfer has god-like combat speed and can't be touched when quite the opposite has been shown countless times.

kgkg
Surfer via cosmic blasts

Starscream M
It comes from the forum myth that Surfer has god-like combat speed and can't be touched when quite the opposite has been shown countless times. even if he did have god-like combat speed, superman would be one of the few who can tag those with insane combat speeds

I thought Galan was knowledgeable about superman.

TheTyrant
It comes from the forum myth that Surfer has god-like combat speed and can't be touched when quite the opposite has been shown countless times.

Same with Superman.

Starscream M
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Same with Superman. except superman HAS demonstrated insane combat speed on numerous occasions

TheTyrant
except superman HAS demonstrated insane combat speed on numerous occasions

And lame combat speed even more.

kgkg
except superman HAS demonstrated insane combat speed on numerous occasions And so has the Surfer combat speed doesn't have to be a character moving their hands really fast like people here like to believe.

Naija boy
except superman HAS demonstrated insane combat speed on numerous occasions

Surfer HAS demonstrated high level combat speed as well...

-Pr-
And lame combat speed even more.

not really.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
Surfer HAS demonstrated high level combat speed as well...

Originally posted by Pr
not really

Naija boy
^ U have no knowledge of surfer so its best u keep quiet on this.......actually u are ignorant of virtually everything so its best u just keep quiet permanently.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by -Pr-
not really.

Really? I challenge you (or anybody else) to post 10 instances of post-crisis Superman blitzing someone with super speed.

Starscream M
^ U have no knowledge of surfer so its best u keep quiet on this.......actually u are ignorant of virtually everything so its best u just keep quiet permanently. i'll tell you this you clown, superman has more combat speed feats in his little toe than surfer has in his entirety of appearances.

if you think otherwise, you're either ignorant or lying.

Naija boy
i'll tell you this you clown, superman has more combat speed feats in his little toe than surfer has in his entirety of appearances.

if you think otherwise, you're either ignorant or lying.

Superman has more combat speed feats than surfer. Given the nature of his character and his set of abilities his reliance on combat speed is far more apparent than in a much more versatile character like the Surfer. That does not in any way take away from the fact that Surfer has multiple legitimate displays of high level combat speed. And per forum rules, he will make use of it when needed.

Now as i said before be quiet as u know little about either character in this thread.

Starscream M
Superman has more combat speed feats than surfer. Given the nature of his character and his set of abilities his reliance on combat speed is far more apparent than in a much more versatile character like the Surfer. That does not in any way take away from the fact that Surfer has multiple legitimate displays of high level combat speed. And per forum rules, he will make use of it when needed.

Now as i said before be quiet as u know little about either character in this thread. I challenge you to post 3 instances of surfer using combat speed

-Pr-
Really? I challenge you (or anybody else) to post 10 instances of post-crisis Superman blitzing someone with super speed.

you kidding? They're in his respect thread.

Mongul several times. Bizarro. Doomsday Rex. Imperiex Probes. Wonder Woman. There are more.

All have reasonably good reflexes/combat speed.

Starscream M
you kidding? They're in his respect thread.

Mongul several times. Bizarro. Doomsday Rex. Imperiex Probes. Wonder Woman. There are more.

All have reasonably good reflexes/combat speed. hey Pr, can you temp ban Naija for his constant ignorance regarding superman's speed?

kgkg
hey Pr, can you temp ban Naija for his constant ignorance regarding superman's speed? He never said Superman doesn't have combat speed or super speed what are you talking about?

-Pr-
hey Pr, can you temp ban Naija for his constant ignorance regarding superman's speed?

dude, im this close to warning you, so best to keep stuff like that to yourself.

Starscream M
Originally posted by kgkg
He never said Superman doesn't have combat speed or super speed what are you talking about? he's making it sound like surfer has comparable combat speed to superman when surfer has no such showings

that's tantamount to trolling since he constantly repeats this nonsense even after I've told him

DarkOdin
he's making it sound like surfer has comparable combat speed to superman when surfer has no such showings

that's tantamount to trolling since he constantly repeats this nonsense even after I've told him i suggest you go to the respect thread b/c it is clear you have no clue. BOth surfer and Supes have many combat speed feats neither guy is going to blitz the other on here.

Naija boy
I challenge you to post 3 instances of surfer using combat speed

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/Surfercmbatspeeddisplay.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1935/silversurfer199003316ik9.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/silversurferdodgesandattacksdeathur.jpg

kgkg
he's making it sound like surfer has comparable combat speed to superman when surfer has no such showings

that's tantamount to trolling since he constantly repeats this nonsense even after I've told him He does though It seem that only few don't accept that Surfer has reacting feat at light speeds look at his respect thread dude.... Are you under the impression that combat speed is moving your hand real quickly?

So just tell me what type of proof you looking for that would prove Norrin has combat speed.

DarkOdin
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/Surfercmbatspeeddisplay.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/silversurferdodgesandattacksdeathur.jpg Why would you bother posting next move with starscream is to ask for another 3 lol

Naija boy

that's tantamount to trolling since he constantly repeats this nonsense even after I've told him

This guy truly is the epitome of human stupidity. U dont know anything about Surfers showings and yet u constantly attempt to comment on them (Heck u dont even know squat about freaking superman). Now that is trolling.

Moreover, given that im FAR from the only one on this forum who thinks surfer has comparable combat speed (Heck if anything ur "view" is in the minority), calling it trolling is all the more retarded.

Starscream M
This guy truly is the epitome of human stupidity. U dont know anything about Surfers showings and yet u constantly attempt to comment on them (Heck u dont even know squat about freaking superman). Now that is trolling.

Moreover, given that im FAR from the only one on this forum who thinks surfer has comparable combat speed (Heck if anything ur "view" is in the minority), calling it trolling is all the more retarded. surfers reflexes is overrated. just because he's a cosmic character, ppl assume he can fight at super speed, which is not a valid assumption simply because he travels at that speed.

your scans were ok, I would accept those. but I would still argue that superman is faster in terms of combat speed. and superman is more mobile than surfer.

Galan007
except superman HAS demonstrated insane combat speed on numerous occasions All-Star Superman has NOT demonstrated "insane combat speed." Please stop assuming that if mainstream Superman is capable of preforming a given feat, an alternate version must also be capable of doing the same. They are completely different beings.

-Pr-
people, keep the personal stuff out of your posts. there's no need for it.

Starscream M
All-Star Superman has NOT demonstrated "insane combat speed." Please stop assuming that if mainstream Superman is capable of preforming a given feat, an alternate version must also be capable of doing the same. They are completely different beings. what? how are they completely different beings?

ASS has pretty much the same exact powers as regular supes.

Naija boy
surfers reflexes is overrated. just because he's a cosmic character, ppl assume he can fight at super speed, which is not a valid assumption simply because he travels at that speed.

your scans were ok, I would accept those. but I would still argue that superman is faster in terms of combat speed. and superman is more mobile than surfer.

Absolute rubbish, people assume he can fight at superspeed because he has been shown to fight at Superspeed fool. No one here is making the type of assumptions ur claiming. Your decision to turn a blind eye to clear evidence and instead argue against reasoning which u formulated in ur vacant mind is ur own cup of tea and only further underscores ur idiocy as well as debating ineptitude.

U dont know enough about superman ( or any comic character) to do anything but constantly flaunt ur retardation. My scans showed surfer displaying comparable combat speed. U simply dont want to accept it cuz u dont like it. heh, i didnt expect u too nor do i care if u do. But for the sake of the sane community on this forum as well as ur own shit stained reputation just....STFU and GTFO.

-Pr-
what? how are they completely different beings?

ASS has pretty much the same exact powers as regular supes.

different universe. they can't be interchanged.

also:

people, keep the personal stuff out of your posts. there's no need for it.

amnesia
i think ass can pull a win or two.

Galan007
what? how are they completely different beings?

ASS has pretty much the same exact powers as regular supes. They are completely different characters, from completely different universes/continuities. Trying to interchange feats between alternate characters is a horribly faulty line of logic.

Not to mention that there are a few noticeable differences between mainstream and All-Star Supes. The first that comes to mind is the fact that A/S literally overloaded his cells just by coming within close proximity of the sun. Mainstream Supes, on the other hand, can casually sit inside the sun, and be none the worse for wear afterward. Secondly, A/S Supes was depowered almost immediately after being under the light of a red sun. Whereas mainstream Supes can work under a red sun for a good length of time before he even begins to lose his powers. Etc.

Look, All-Star Supes is one of my favs, but he is just outclassed here. Plain and simple.

Lord Feron
Surfer

h1a8
These two things contradict each other.

1. Thanos beating Surfer to an inch of his life
2. Surfer beating Superman.

If one accepts 1. then they can't accept 2.

With that said, ASS can two-shot Surfer at the very least.

Originally posted by h1a8
These two things contradict each other.

1. Thanos beating Surfer to an inch of his life
2. Surfer beating Superman.

If one accepts 1. then they can't accept 2.

With that said, ASS can two-shot Surfer at the very least. facepalm

marvelmadness13
Surfer takes it easily. He's tanked planet busting attacks without even blinking so Superman's attacks wouldn't hurt him, and while he's laughing off hits he would blast Supes with red solar energy.

h1a8
Originally posted by marvelmadness13
Surfer takes it easily. He's tanked planet busting attacks without even blinking so Superman's attacks wouldn't hurt him, and while he's laughing off hits he would blast Supes with red solar energy.

Were these planet busting attacks energy attacks? If so then that wouldn't apply to Supes one shotting Surfer with a physical fist. Similar to that of Thanos doing it, but rather in one or two hits.

shokosugi
It's arguable, but the general consensus seems to be that A/S is stronger. Though Surfer could still win by either a.) depowering Supes via red sun radiation, or b.) kill him via overloading his already bursting cells with even more yellow sun radiation. Either way.

A/S is immune to kryptonite.

SS would be dead before he could do that.

BLITZ FTW!

marvelmadness13
Were these planet busting attacks energy attacks? If so then that wouldn't apply to Supes one shotting Surfer with a physical fist. Similar to that of Thanos doing it, but rather in one or two hits.

That's probably the worst logic I've ever seen. If I remember correctly ASS has never destroyed a planet, much less with one blow, making an energy attack that can one shot a world > any punch ASS could dish out. Norrin's durability protects him equally well from energy blasts or punches, and Thanos is exponentially more powerful than Superman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
lmao

Classic Starscream.

h1a8
That's probably the worst logic I've ever seen. If I remember correctly ASS has never destroyed a planet, much less with one blow, making an energy attack that can one shot a world > any punch ASS could dish out. Norrin's durability protects him equally well from energy blasts or punches, and Thanos is exponentially more powerful than Superman.

Thanos is physically weaker than Superman by feats.

ASS had no reason to destroy planets with a punch. Energy attacks contain mostly burning type power. A fire resistance jacket is not bulletproof. The Sun would destroy a planet too if it entered it. Both Superman and Surfer can survive in Suns. Yet they can get hurt by less than planetary type physical blows. This is common sense.

marvelmadness13
You apparently lack a rudimentry knowledge of physics. Energy output is energy output, if I can survive an atomic bomb going off on my chest I can survive a punch from someone who hits with less force even easier. Logic is a good thing, pick some up next time you go out.

Space M ummy
You apparently lack a rudimentry knowledge of physics. Energy output is energy output, if I can survive an atomic bomb going off on my chest I can survive a punch from someone who hits with less force even easier. Logic is a good thing, pick some up next time you go out.

"rudimentary physics" doesn't necessarily work with comic book logic.
It's been established and accepted that there are skillsets and powers (impossible under rudimentary knowledge of physics, naturally) which allow one to absorb or ignore KINETIC energy like a punch or kick, but be utterly devastated by even the weakest of projectile energy blasts.

Good example: Bishop (formerly of the Xmen) could absorb nearly ALL energy attacks- cyclops' concussive blasts, magneto's magnetism, iceman's ice powers, even a shot from onslaught that killed the rest of the Xmen in his timeline. Yet he can still be shot and harmed with regular bullets and successfully engaged in melee combat even by those without super strength.

Reverse Example: Classic Speedball, Sebastian Shaw, and Strong Guy can all absorb kinetic assaults without issue, but energy based attacks can and will hurt and kill them.

Another Example: Thor is completely immune to nuclear explosions and can even enter the core of the sun, but can still be KOed with physical attacks of far less force, and can even be shot by bullets of a high enough caliber.

Not that I have an opinion on who wins this fight either way, but it was worth pointing out that "rudimentary physics" doesn't always work when talking about skillsets that are considered impossible by current laws of science.

h1a8

One can't gauge an energy attack in terms of sheer force since there are burning properties incorporated with them. Meaning, It isn't always the FORCE that destroys. A mirror can deflect a laser beam of high strength but be shattered by the weakest of physical attacks. A chunk of salt can survive an assault with a torch for a long time but will crumble with a small blow from a hammer. Thor has survived Destroyer's D beam yet gets rocked by punches and physical attacks of far less destruction. Are these punches>>>>D beam? Whether we use comic physics or real physics I'm right.

psycho gundam
you use lulz physics

Ambient
thumb up ..

Real physics -- energy blast > sheer force --- equal portions..

biensalsa

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/silversurferdodgesandattacksdeathur.jpg

That seems more like bullrushing or blitzing which IS DIFFERENT from combat speed

I have never seen SS moving his limbs as fast the FLASH or Superman

SS is like a jet pilot trying to hit you in his plane, He has to stick his hand out of the window in order to hit you.

If a jet pilot hits you on his plane does he has combat speed?

If he jumps arround on his plane trying to avoid being hit does he has combat speed?

SS has enhanced reflexes and can bull rush or blitz really fast but that is far from moving his limbs at the speeds of Flash, Quicsilver or Superman who actually have combat speed.

This is combat speed and I have never seen SS doing something similar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY02omAibvw

biensalsa
Originally posted by biensalsa
That seems more like bullrushing or blitzing which IS DIFFERENT from combat speed

SS is like a jet pilot trying to hit you in his plane, He has to stick his hand out of the window in order to hit you.

If he jumps arround on his plane trying to avoid being hit does he has combat speed?

SS has enhanced reflexes and can bull rush or blitz really fast but that is far from moving his limbs at the speeds of Flash, Quicsilver or Superman who actually have combat speed.

Also little unknown FACTS about Superman

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/FACTS/SUPERMANALLPOWERSATONE.jpg

biensalsa

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/FACTS/SUPERMANALLPOWERSATONE.jpg

When facing SS people always say

"Well SS can create Kryptonite"

Correct me if I'm wrong Only Kryptonite from his own universe can harm a kryptonian as seen several times with SBP

So SS cannot create Kryptonite from Superman's own universe.

Depowering is the best alternative for SS, BUT unless they are in a dark room or a black hole the chances of this are slim.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/SOURCES%20OF%20POWER/solarenergy.jpg

Mindset

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/FACTS/SUPERMANALLPOWERSATONE.jpg That's not an unknown fact, wtf are you talking about?

Mindset
When facing SS people always say

"Well SS can create Kryptonite"

Correct me if I'm wrong Only Kryptonite from his own universe can harm a kryptonian as seen several times with SBP

So SS cannot create Kryptonite from Superman's own universe.

Depowering is the best alternative for SS, BUT unless they are in a dark room or a black hole the chances of this are slim.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/SOURCES%20OF%20POWER/solarenergy.jpg SS would be creating kryptonite that would harm Supes since he'd be detecting his weakness, thus having the radiation that would affect him.

biensalsa
They are completely different characters, from completely different universes/continuities. Trying to interchange feats between alternate characters is a horribly faulty line of logic.

Not to mention that there are a few noticeable differences between mainstream and All-Star Supes. The first that comes to mind is the fact that A/S literally overloaded his cells just by coming within close proximity of the sun. Mainstream Supes, on the other hand, can casually sit inside the sun, and be none the worse for wear afterward. Secondly, A/S Supes was depowered almost immediately after being under the light of a red sun. Whereas mainstream Supes can work under a red sun for a good length of time before he even begins to lose his powers. Etc.

Look, All-Star Supes is one of my favs, but he is just outclassed here. Plain and simple.

I agree with Galan All-Star Supes FEATS are his own on not this continuty Superman.

Still while my scans won't help All-Star Supes. I will like to see a showing of SS moving his limbs in combat speed. I have always looked for that scan and I have never seen it. The fastest REAL combat speed I have seen the Surfer perform is "as fast as the space winds" vs the Hulk
AND PLEASE UNDERSTAND COMBAT SPEED not to be confused with

REFLEXES ej a jet fighter pilot can react at the speed of the plane does that means the pilot has combat speed faster than sound?

or

bull rushing or blitzing ej hit and run then come back hit and run and so on

Combat speed: This is combat speed.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Flash/2000.gif

biensalsa
Originally posted by Mindset
SS would be creating kryptonite that would harm Supes since he'd be detecting his weakness, thus having the radiation that would affect him.

Is not kryptonite from his own universe because Surfer is from another universe.

Firestorm tried that trick on SBP and it did not work. Is known that Kryptonite from another universe won't harm Superman.

If SS was from this Universe IT WILL WORK, but he is not

psycho gundam
fighter jet > that dude punching

Mindset
Is not kryptonite from his own universe because Surfer is from another universe.

Firestorm tried that trick on SBP and it did not work. Is known that Kryptonite from another universe won't harm Superman.

If SS was from this Universe IT WILL WORK, but he is not It doesn't matter, SS would be making kryptonite with a radiation signature that is designed to hurt Supes.

FS did not use the aforementioned tactic, he just made regular kryptonite that he knew how to make.

He doesn't need to be from the same universe.

biensalsa
SS would be creating kryptonite that would harm Supes since he'd be detecting his weakness, thus having the radiation that would affect him.

This is like a known fact in DC

If the Kryptonite is not from the Kryptonian's Universe it wont harm him

Surfer is from another universe, so any Kryptonite He creates is not from this universe, UNLESS HE IS AT MR MYX power level. Which I REALLY DOUBT

psycho gundam

If SS was from this Universe IT WILL WORK, but he is not i'm not cosigning on the creation of kryptonite (i haven't ever iirc), but that's a lame ass reason why it wouldn't work.

surfer is literally creating the kryptonite (radioactive stone), not picking it up off the ground.

him doing it on the fly is the debate

Mindset

Surfer is from another universe, so any Kryptonite He creates is not from this universe, UNLESS HE IS AT MR MYX power level. Which I REALLY DOUBT facepalm

Fine, how about this, SS creates poop that gives of the kryptonite radiation that Supes is weak to.

Mindset
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i'm not cosigning on the creation of kryptonite (i haven't ever iirc), but that's a lame ass reason why it wouldn't work.

surfer is literally creating the kryptonite (radioactive stone), not picking it up off the ground.

him doing it on the fly is the debate He doesn't even have to create the actual rock, just emit the radiation it gives off.

Which he did against Glads, iirc.

psycho gundam
pretty much

biensalsa
It doesn't matter, SS would be making kryptonite with a radiation signature that is designed to hurt Supes.

FS did not use the aforementioned tactic, he just made regular kryptonite that he knew how to make.

He doesn't need to be from the same universe.

Wrong

Elemental Lad from prime universe crated Kryptonite that poisoned SBP

He did not even know he was from the prime universe.

SS will knew about the kryptonite but he wont be able to make the Kryptonite to hurt him, BECAUSE HE IS NOT FROM SUPERMAN'S UNIVERSE

Mindset
Wrong

Elemental Lad from prime universe crated Kryptonite that poisoned SBP

He did not even know he was from the prime universe.

SS will knew about the kryptonite but he wont be able to make the Kryptonite to hurt him, BECAUSE HE IS NOT FROM SUPERMAN'S UNIVERSE Then Elemental Lad created kryptonite that he knew how to make, that was prime universe kryptonite. smile

biensalsa
He doesn't even have to create the actual rock, just emit the radiation it gives off.

Which he did against Glads, iirc.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/VS%20SUPERHEROES/theonlywayiskillingme.jpg

I Don't care if He creates a sun that emits K radiation IT WILL BE MARVEL UNIVERSE'S K

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/VS%20SUPERHEROES/theonlywayiskillingme.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
This argument is stupid. If Norrin creates Kryptonite, it will obviously be able to affect Superman.

psycho gundam
they're not even fighting in marvel.....

biensalsa

I Don't care if He creates a sun that emits K radiation IT WILL BE MARVEL UNIVERSE'S K

Does not matter

SS is from another universe even if he creates K in this universe it is not k from superman's universe

Oh wait I forgot I am in KMC where Surfer is OMNIPOWERFUL in EVERY UNIVERSE.

Well then I guess a ton of bricks at Superspeed will do the work

kgkg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/VS%20SUPERHEROES/theonlywayiskillingme.jpg Surfer will be able to create Maintain DC Knite.... People in DC have done so....

Even if you were correct.

This is like arguing Flash will loose all his fight because there is no Speed force in Marvel.

psycho gundam
This is like arguing Flash will loose all his fight because there is no Speed force in Marvel. that is a separate argument

he'd be like a cell phone without international calling capabilities

Mindset

Surfer is OMNIPOWERFUL in EVERY UNIVERSE.

Now you're learning.

biensalsa
Then Elemental Lad created kryptonite that he knew how to make, that was prime universe kryptonite. smile

It is the only Kryptonite He can make because He is from that Universe

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/FACTS/superman2.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/FACTS/superman.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/FACTS/superman3.jpg

biensalsa
Surfer will be able to create Maintain DC Knite.... People in DC have done so....

Even if you were correct.

This is like arguing Flash will loose all his fight because there is no Speed force in Marvel.

Isn't that one of the rules of the vs forums?

Neutral Universes

Even in a neutral Universe SS won't be able to create K for Superman because they are from two different realities.

IF SS and Superman were from the SAME universe then I CONCEDE SS will create K to hurt Superman

Mindset

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/FACTS/superman3.jpg So it's the only he knows how to make.

psycho gundam

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/FACTS/superman3.jpg you don't get it

surfer is using superman's dna as the formula.

biensalsa
Now you're learning.

YES I AM

COSMIC AWARENESS

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/SS/ssvscar.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/SS/rocksandsilversurfer.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/SS/forestvsss.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/SS/ssvsrocks.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/SS/surfercannotresistadimensionalmaelstorm.jpg

Limits is something you guys seem to forget ALWAYS

biensalsa
you don't get it

Oh! yes because He is OMNIVERSALLY POWERFUL laughing

Mindset
YES I AM

COSMIC AWARENESS

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/SS/surfercannotresistadimensionalmaelstorm.jpg

Limits is something you guys seem to forget ALWAYS So we agree SS beats Supes with k-nite.

biensalsa
So it's the only he knows how to make.

You don't get it

Is from another PLANE OF EXISTENCY. IS DIFFERENT FROM HIS

Mindset
You don't get it

Is from another PLANE OF EXISTENCY. IS DIFFERENT FROM HIS No, I get it, he only knows how to make that kind of k-nite.

biensalsa
So we agree SS beats Supes with k-nite.

Yes as long as Supes beats SS with bricks

Mindset
Yes thumb up

Naija boy

You are confused. That is NOT bullrushing. In there were scans of SS actually moving and attacking in multiple directions at superspeed. Combat speed refers to actually being able to move react and cordinate attacks at superspeed in combat. SS does not even fight like superman or the flash first of all and then attempting to limit combat speed to your narrow definition while excluding and disregarding all else is a shifting goal post fallacy.

SS doing what he did is not even close to this nonsensical jet pilot example ur referencing. SS physical actions/reactions/reflexes are far more involved in the direction and navigation of his board than those of a jet pilot. Your example of a jet pilot sticking out his hand is further stupid because SS isnt simply leaving his body in one position while his board moves him along, he is actively attacking in multiple directions simultaneously at superspeed. Morevover, as seen in the examples, since SS is able to launch multiple attacks at superspeed (blasts) this would actually indicate a superspeed movement of the limbs in order to perform the the blasting motion.

SS is not a a physical fighter in the vein of superman or the flash and him not going around punching people like that does not at all diminish his combat speed. The very term combat speed refers to the effective application of speed IN COMBAT, and as ive shown SS has done this both offensively and defensively. Just because u dont like it doesnt somehow negate it.

-Pr-
you don't get it

superman's DNA doesn't have the formula for kryptonite, though.

Allankles

Surfer is from another universe, so any Kryptonite He creates is not from this universe, UNLESS HE IS AT MR MYX power level. Which I REALLY DOUBT

He's right in that Kryptonite generated by a being from another universe won't affect Superman.

This would apply to any comic book, but biensalsa forum fights are in a neutral setting, so that restriction doesn't apply.

If however they fought in a comic book, that rule would definitely apply.

Prep-Man
YES I AM

COSMIC AWARENESS

laughing out loud That's awesome!

YES I AM

COSMIC AWARENESS

Funny but irrelevant. Cosmic awareness is not precognition, it's the power to anlayze matter, energy, objects and living beings and deduce its properties. It's a scan power not a spider-sense. If the biological structure of SM tells SS the exact frequency of radiation that harms him, than SS will know the exact kind that it takes to down him. He can simply emmit the rad from himself or deduce how to make a rock that decays and releases that particular radiation with some basic chemistry knowledge. But let's assume he cant make k-nite, it doesn't change much. SM has other exploitable weaknesses such as energy drain, red star, electromagnetic depowering a la dr polaris. Even if he didn't, SS would still win. It's not that he is omnipotent in forums, it's just that SM isn't the guy built to defeat him. High end GLs or thor would far much better than him. Bricks aren't what it takes to down the SS.

Regarding combat speed, SS has no superspeed h2h feats, but he has superspeed aiming and blasting, navigating and dodging feats. That's all that matters. In SS's case reflex speed really does equal combat speed because all he needs in order to use his powers is to think. He wouldnt blitz superman, but he wouldn't get blitzed either.

Galan007
Why is Surfer manifesting kryptonite even being argued? All-Star Superman is immune to it. srsly

h1a8
Originally posted by Ambient
thumb up ..

Real physics -- energy blast > sheer force --- equal portions..

Then why can a torch melt much stronger materials (like solid aluminum) far before it can melt a chunk of salt, yet a chunk of salt can easily be crumbled with the smallest of hammer blows?

Why can materials such as asbestos resist more heat than steel (steel has a lower melting point) yet be easily cut?

Why when lightning strike good conductors, no matter how weak, it causes little to no damage to them while when it strikes poor conductors it causes lots of damage?

Why can a cockroach survive more than 15x more nuclear radiation than us yet they can be crushed easily with our boots ?

You still want to use Real physics?

biensalsa
"You are confused. That is NOT bullrushing. In there were scans of SS actually moving and attacking in multiple directions at superspeed. Combat speed refers to actually being able to move react and cordinate attacks at superspeed in combat. SS does not even fight like superman or the flash first of all and then attempting to limit combat speed to your narrow definition while excluding and disregarding all else is a shifting goal post fallacy. "

Just because SS moves fast on TOP of his board DOES NOT MEANS he can move his limbs as fast as the FLASH. He moves faster than a regular human but not as fast as you may think.

"My narrow defeinition of combat speed"

Who is faster fighting Usain Bolt or Bruce Lee?
Who is faster fighting Lawrence Taylor or Bruce Lee?

This are two different things Bolt is faster than Bruce Lee running but He is not faster fighting
Lawrence Taylor may react faster than Bruce Lee, but Bruce Lee is faster figthing

"SS doing what he did is not even close to this nonsensical jet pilot example ur referencing. SS physical actions/reactions/reflexes are far more involved in the direction and navigation of his board than those of a jet pilot. Your example of a jet pilot sticking out his hand is further stupid because SS isnt simply leaving his body in one position while his board moves him along, he is actively attacking in multiple directions simultaneously at superspeed. Morevover, as seen in the examples, since SS is able to launch multiple attacks at superspeed (blasts) this would actually indicate a superspeed movement of the limbs in order to perform the the blasting motion."

If a jet pilot moves his limbs as fast as He can inside the cockpit left and right does that means he has hyper sonic speed?
SS has great reflexes but not on par of SUPERMAN, THOR OR FLASH

"SS is not a a physical fighter in the vein of superman or the flash and him not going around punching people like that does not at all diminish his combat speed. The very term combat speed refers to the effective application of speed IN COMBAT, and as ive shown SS has done this both offensively and defensively. Just because u dont like it doesnt somehow negate it.

Oh yes but lets be a little bit more specific, while he can move ON his board at those speeds, He cannot punch 2000 times in a second like the flash does it. So in the GENERAL sense He can ATTACK at light speed because his board moves at light speed. Flash, Superman or Thor on the other hand can attack at the same speeds and then deliver at least 20 super punches in the same attack AT THOSE SAME SPEEDS.

Naija boy
Just because SS moves fast on TOP of his board DOES NOT MEANS he can move his limbs as fast as the FLASH. He moves faster than a regular human but not as fast as you may think.
"My narrow defeinition of combat speed"
Who is faster fighting Usain Bolt or Bruce Lee?
Who is faster fighting Lawrence Taylor or Bruce Lee?

I didnt say he can move his limbs as fast as the flash. Not moving ur limbs as fast as the fast does not indicate lack of combat speed. u clearly dont even know the meaning of the term ur throwing about.

This whole Usain bolt bruce lee example is faulty, since SS has launched multiple attacks as well as dodged multiple superspeed attacks in the time it takes him to travel short distances while moving at superspeed on his board. Hence his limb movement and reactions have to be at a level of superspeed as well if not there is no way he would be able to do this within close battle distances. Instead we would have him being able to launch intermittent attacks only after travelling miles and miles each time since his limb movement and reactions would be so much slower than the actual movement of his board.

Not at all the same, the level of physical directing that a jet pilot is doing (while travelling inside a craft for Godsake) is not at all comparable to that which SS is doing while navigating his board. In order for SS to navigate, dodge, attack and perform complex manoeveres with his board which within close battle distances which heavily relies on him physically directing it requires superspeed reflexes comparable to the likes of superman and flash and undoubtedly above thors.lulz

False. ...meh. He can deliever multiple blasts at superspeed (i.e the actual hand motions for the blasts being at superspeed if not there is no way hed be able to launch multiple attacks within close battle distances). His combat speed and reflexes are undoubtedly within the range of supermans and considerably exceed thors for that matter.

Starscream M
I didnt say he can move his limbs as fast as the flash. Not moving ur limbs as fast as the fast does not indicate lack of combat speed. if he can't move his arms at super speed then he will be helpless when superman launches 100s of blows per minute on him

Omega Vision
I'm really sick of fodder posters creating some sort of false distinction between combat and travel speed. If a character can move at FTL speeds and has decent enough reactions to stop without completely bypassing his destination by hundreds of thousands of kilometers then its safe to say he has good enough reactions to fight at at least close to light speeds.

Both Surfer and Superman have (at least) light speed combat speed, I'd give the edge in skill and strength to Superman but Surfer really isn't a brawler so it doesn't matter much.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm really sick of fodder posters creating some sort of false distinction between combat and travel speed. If a character can move at FTL speeds and has decent enough reactions to stop without completely bypassing his destination by hundreds of thousands of kilometers then its safe to say he has good enough reactions to fight at at least close to light speeds.

Both Surfer and Superman have (at least) light speed combat speed, I'd give the edge in skill and strength to Superman but Surfer really isn't a brawler so it doesn't matter much. o rly?

so if I fly a jet at mach 5, that means I have faster reflexes than bruce lee or prime mike tyson? since my travel speed is faster?

gtfo

Mindset
lol

kgkg
if he can't move his arms at super speed then he will be helpless when superman launches 100s of blows per minute on him Anyway there are plenty of example of Surfer moving real fast.

Just a few
Moves before a Nano Second is passed.: Nano Second is one billionth of a second

One nanosecond is to one second as one second is to 31.7 years.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/48/marvelcomicspresents001fk4.jpg

His brain can think and react at those speed as well
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5396944

-Pr-
o rly?

so if I fly a jet at mach 5, that means I have faster reflexes than bruce lee or prime mike tyson? since my travel speed is faster?

gtfo

that's not what he said at all.

Omega Vision
o rly?

gtfo
Congratulations, you failed the Second Grade reading comprehension test.

And here I thought you didn't know how to fail.

Ambient
Then why can a torch melt much stronger materials (like solid aluminum) far before it can melt a chunk of salt, yet a chunk of salt can easily be crumbled with the smallest of hammer blows?

Why can materials such as asbestos resist more heat than steel (steel has ain lightning strike good conductors, no matter how weak, it causes little to no damage to them while when it strikes poor conductors it causes lots of damage?

Why can a cockroach survive more than 15x more nuclear radiation than us yet they can be crushed easily with our boots ?

You still want to use Real physics?
lol...

no or Maybe, just maybe it has to do with the properties or biology of the object being applied to..

And here i thought it was you shifty who brought it up...

Mindset
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Congratulations, you failed the Second Grade reading comprehension test.

And here I thought you didn't know how to fail. He doesn't know how to fail, it just happens.

Omega Vision
He doesn't know how to fail, it just happens.
Reminds me of the guy from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist who was purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Ambient
He doesn't know how to fail, it just happens.
So your saying there is an extra F.A.I.L chromosomes in his dna strand..

It would make sense..

psycho gundam
superman's DNA doesn't have the formula for kryptonite, though. didn't stop metallo from making kryptonite for humans

Naija boy
if he can't move his arms at super speed then he will be helpless when superman launches 100s of blows per minute on him

Did u even read my post? I said that if he cant move his arms as fast as the flash specifically it doesnt mean he doesnt have combat speed. i didnt say he cant move his arms at superspeed. I actually focused part of my post on elaborating upon how SS does have superspeed limb movement..........SO no he wont be helpless. far from it. Morover he also has forcefields which he can activate on a thought and he has thinking and processing speeds which match up and exceed even the best of speedsters.

-Pr-
didn't stop metallo from making kryptonite for humans

?

psycho gundam
o rly?

gtfo the jets sensors are perfectly attuned to high speeds however, and the weapons fire and travel at super high speeds, in surfer's case he IS that jet.

and neither tyson or lee have the reactions to fly a jet, nor the training to engage in a dogfight.

Omega Vision
the jets sensors are perfectly attuned to high speeds however, and the weapons fire and travel at super high speeds, in surfer's case he IS that jet.

and neither tyson or lee have the reactions to fly a jet, nor the training to engage in a dogfight.
Honestly NO human should be able to dogfight at Mach 5 assuming we could build a jet fighter that operates at those speeds. It'd take insane training and conditioning if it were possible at all. Most actual dogfights don't take place much higher than Mach 1 if that.

Black bolt z
Surfer

h1a8
All Star Superman.
Normal Superman I would give Surfer the majority though.

biensalsa

King Castle
it still surfer non jobbing SS in a forum fight would still make short work of supes even ASS

King Castle
when SS fought the agent of oblivion he stated on panel while fighting and dodging blast that agent of oblivion's light speed blast are slow compared to SS. SS was circling the guy while dodging blast well above ftl iird correctly it was 3x speed of light by narration while circling the guy in a small circumference while blasting the guy back..

kgkg
OK time is short and not enough time to answer everything

I just have to say, this thing with the silver surfer nanosecond reaction = flashe's 2000 punches in a second is just completelly out of context

I have seen Batman dodging lasers which is = to a nanosecond reaction time
I have seen Hulk dodging laser wich is = to a nanosecond reaction time
I have seen GL reacting at thise speeds because after all GL'S move at the speed of light and to move at those speeds you need nanosecond reaction time.
no expression There is a difference between dodging stuff knowing where the lasers and bullets and coming from and outright having nano-speed reaction.

That was the context

biensalsa
Originally posted by 753
Nobody is saying that, we're saying he won't get blitzed because he can react in under a nanosecond and go nova or raise a force-field for instance - because that's what he does, he activates his powers through will and blasts people, he doesn't brawl. Nobody believes SS could possibly defeat SM in a h2h fight at superspeed, but the SS has reaction time and coordination to use his powers at lightspeed.

That's aim dodging/writer's ignorace obviously. Both SS and SM have been clocked reacting to situations and doing things before a nanosecond came to pass between them realizing what was happening and taking action. As omega vision pointed out, SS can navigate and stop cold where he wants to get while moving at lightspeed. That shows he can react in speeds compatible with his travel.

Again, everyone acknowledges that he doesn't have or never showed lightspeed h2h agility. We're saying combat speed cannot be reduced to or equated with h2h speed, because people can fight without resorting to that. A TP like omega kid has a kind of combat superspeed because he could form thoughts at a much faster rate than regular humans and he attacks with his thoughts, but he never showed physical superspeed.

SS has been tagged by people moving at fast speeds and He has not used any defenses

"SS can navigate and stop cold where he wants to get while moving at lightspeed. That shows he can react in speeds compatible with his travel."

Agreed, but this is like a pilot reacting in a jet fighter, He has higher reaction than a regular human but He is not supersonic. A pilot can react at speeds compatible with his travel as well and We are not Supersonic

Since SS has been tagged by people moving at fast speeds, there is nothing that suggest that SS will be able to react at Superman's attack.
His light pilot reflexes won't work vs Superman, Flash or Thor.

King Castle
so why did it work during his fight against agent of oblivion? mhmm

biensalsa
no expression There is a difference between dodging stuff knowing where the lasers and bullets and coming from and outright having nano-speed reaction.

That was the context

At least We agree that SS cannot punch 2000 times in a second

and I don't see what is the difference it will still be nanosecond reaction time.

You can see where the laser is shotting but by the time you realize it, it is already too late

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>