Pre-Crisis JLA Vs Cosmic Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Add Thor for the Avengers, too.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/54/76114-182825-justice-league-of-am_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1300457-cosmic_avengers_large.jpg

iceman24567
PC Batman solos

cdtm
Superman traps them in a giant basket using his super basket weaving...

Slaanesh
isn't PC character insanely powerful??if they are..they can win this easily..but Batman die horribly..

vansonbee
Originally posted by Slaanesh
isn't PC character insanely powerful??if they are..they can win this easily..but Batman die horribly.. No, they're just ridicules more unrealistic then normal.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Slaanesh
isn't PC character insanely powerful??if they are..they can win this easily..but Batman die horribly..

The lows for PC characters are just a low as the highs are high.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor can stalemate Pre-Crisis Superman but I'm not sure if the Cosmic Avengers are up for defeating the rest of the JLA. They aren't consistent enough -Pre-Crisis JLA- for me to me guess how this fight would go on average. Like Skrank said, they have their lows.

Pre-Crisis Hal for all his power was taken out by a model airplane to the head for example. Granted, he was chilling on a bench.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor can stalemate Pre-Crisis Superman but I'm not sure if the Cosmic Avengers are up for defeating the rest of the JLA. They aren't consistent enough -Pre-Crisis JLA- for me to me guess how this fight would go on average. Like Skrank said, they have their lows.

Pre-Crisis Hal for all his power was taken out by a model airplane to the head for example. Granted, he was chilling on a bench.
Unless his protective aura is up he's just human in terms of durability.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I know that's the general rule of thumb, but damn, a model airplane?

Prep-Man
Everyone has their low feats.

amnesia
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Everyone has their low feats.

PC low feats are really, really low though.

cdtm
Not really. Hulk got beat by a snake, and Surfer was defeated by a brick.

cdtm

If it was radio controlled, those things can travel fast enough and weigh enough where you need to be careful...

Someone gets hit in the right place, it'll do some damage.

Omega Vision
PC Model Airplanes were ten times as durable as primary adamantium.

Badabing
Thor can stalemate Pre-Crisis Superman Yeah, no. facepalm

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hey, I don't think he can either going by Superman's higher end feats unless he goes all out, reaching Skyfather + levels, but apparently Marvel and DC think he can. My suggestion? Write an angry letter to both companies complaning about how DC treats Superman unfairly. That'll show them.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
PC Model Airplanes were ten times as durable as primary adamantium.

True.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by cdtm
If it was radio controlled, those things can travel fast enough and weigh enough where you need to be careful...

Someone gets hit in the right place, it'll do some damage.

I'm not sure. It's been a while. I just recall a toy airplane zooming around, and striking Hal across the head, knocking him out.

Omega Vision
I'm not sure. It's been a while. I just recall a toy airplane zooming around, and striking Hal across the head, knocking him out.
Was it a yellow airplane?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Was it a yellow airplane?

Haha. Now that I think about it, it actually might have been yellow. Or maybe brownish in color. Not completely sure.

Prep-Man
Scans or it didn't happen. Also, Surfer got owned by a demon with a baseball bat. Thor got shot by a bullet, etc... Firelord got owned by Spider-Man, etc... Everyone has low feats.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Scans or it didn't happen. Also, Surfer got owned by a demon with a baseball bat. Thor got shot by a bullet, etc... Firelord got owned by Spider-Man, etc... Everyone has low feats.

Curse that stance! As much as I'd love to prove my stance, I can't be bothered to look for the scans. Not now. Wait too late.

Should have used bricks or Mexican's wielding hammers for Surfer. I'm alright with the Spider-Man vs. FireLord fight. His durability wasn't at his highest, but as I recall, he was weakened and specifically holding back.

The Thor scene....mhmm

eek!....that was apparently meant to be a Vibranium bullet. If you take a close look, she didn't actually shoot Thor with the rifle but pulled out a gun from her trench coat that seemed like it packed a punch. Too bad it wasn't drawn Kirby-esque like it was intended to. Then Thor wouldn't get as much heat for that seen.

Philosophía
Hey, I don't think he can either going by Superman's higher end feats unless he goes all out, reaching Skyfather + levels laughing out loud

If for nothing else, you're at least good for a laugh.

Rage.Of.Olympus
*Takes a bow*

No one appreciates hard working fanboys these days.

Philosophía
It's hard to tell the difference from when you're joking or are the joke.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Philosophía
mhmm

I'm not too sure how I should take that. Bending.

kgkg
mhmm

I'm not too sure how I should take that.

Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless they've seen my earlier posts or ones where I'm serious. So this was suppose to be a joke? Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus Thor can stalemate Pre-Crisis Superman

Didn't look like it at least to me.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by kgkg
So this was suppose to be a joke?

Didn't look like it at least to me.

It wasn't what I'd call a typical joke. It was me giving a nod to the original JLA/Avengers crossover. Too bad the current Marvel office bent over for Superman.

Gecko4lif
Model air planes can kill you.

Not a joke at all.

Space M ummy
Pre-Crisis Superman and Hal Jordan are a liability here. worse than their current versions.

Why?

Pre-Crisis Superman can be *totally and permanently depowered* by Gold Kryptonite.

Pre-Crisis Hal Jordan was completely useless against the color yellow, offensively and defensively.

Surfer's matter and energy manipulation is tailor made to exploit both of these weaknesses, possibly at the same time- If the JLA is suddenly fighting a cosmic avengers team suddenly dyed yellow and wearing gold kryptonite uniforms the JLA is screwed.

cdtm
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Pre-Crisis Superman and Hal Jordan are a liability here. worse than their current versions.

Why?

Pre-Crisis Superman can be *totally and permanently depowered* by Gold Kryptonite.

Pre-Crisis Hal Jordan was completely useless against the color yellow, offensively and defensively.

Surfer's matter and energy manipulation is tailor made to exploit both of these weaknesses, possibly at the same time- If the JLA is suddenly fighting a cosmic avengers team suddenly dyed yellow and wearing gold kryptonite uniforms the JLA is screwed.

Not saying Surfer can't make gold k, but there's no reason to assume he'd be able to without studying the stuff first.

And that's not possible without prep, which isn't a part of this fight..

And as for Hal and the color yellow, a lot of his rogues gallery wore the color. Sinestro and Gold Face, to name a few.. He managed to work around it.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Space M ummy

Why?

Hal has worked around the yellow weakness before so it won't be an automatic win. Plus he was WAY more powerful, pre-crisis. He took on the league by himself and had more range, pre-crisis.

darthgoober
Well I'm expert on Pre Crisis heroes but here's the way I see it Hawkman, Hawk Woman, Batman, Black Canary, and Green Arrow are pretty much incosequential at this level, they'll most likely get taken out in the opening second if only from collateral damage. Of the people that are left

Supes is massively vulnerabile to K-Nite, red sun radiaion, and magic. Green Lantern is powerless against the color yellow. And Martian Manhunter is incredibly vulnerable to fire. So Supes would likely be beaten by Surfer, Quasar, Thor(and maybe even BRB), Green Lantern would likely lose against Surfer, Quasar, and maybe Nova(since Nova's blasts and such are yellow), and Martian Manhunter would probably lose against... well any of them since they can all create fire pretty easily. Depending on how things match up in the opening seconds, these guys could prove to be useful, but it seems unrealistic to think that they'd last for too long giving their glaring vulnerabilities and the skill/power of the opposition.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman don't have easily exploited vulnerabilities but to my knowledge niether of their Pre Crisis version were powerful enough to pose any kind of real threat to anyone on the Marvel Team except maybe Ronan.

Flash and Captain Marvel are the only ones the Avengers really have to worry about, and in the end I just don't see them being enough to fill the massive gaps in the JLA's defenses. TBH I'm not even sure Barry was pulling off IMP's back in his PC days...

Prep-Man
Originally posted by darthgoober
Well I'm expert on Pre Crisis heroes but here's the way I see it Hawkman, Hawk Woman, Batman, Black Canary, and Green Arrow are pretty much incosequential at this level, they'll most likely get taken out in the opening second if only from collateral damage. Of the people that are left

Supes is massively vulnerabile to K-Nite, red sun radiaion, and magic. Green Lantern is powerless against the color yellow. And Martian Manhunter is incredibly vulnerable to fire. So Supes would likely be beaten by Surfer, Quasar, Thor(and maybe even BRB), Green Lantern would likely lose against Surfer, Quasar, and maybe Nova(since Nova's blasts and such are yellow), and Martian Manhunter would probably lose against... well any of them since they can all create fire pretty easily. Depending on how things match up in the opening seconds, these guys could prove to be useful, but it seems unrealistic to think that they'd last for too long giving their glaring vulnerabilities and the skill/power of the opposition.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman don't have easily exploited vulnerabilities but to my knowledge niether of their Pre Crisis version were powerful enough to pose any kind of real threat to anyone on the Marvel Team except maybe Ronan.

Flash and Captain Marvel are the only ones the Avengers really have to worry about, and in the end I just don't see them being enough to fill the massive gaps in the JLA's defenses. TBH I'm not even sure Barry was pulling off IMP's back in his PC days...

I believe that's where Wally learned it. Barry had speed tricks of his own and GL could work around yellow most of the time.

darthgoober
I believe that's where Wally learned it. Barry had speed tricks of his own and GL could work around yellow most of the time.
I didn't think Wally could hit lightspeed Pre Crisis?

Prep-Man

Yes, he could. He easily dodged Superman who could hit many times the speed of light.

darthgoober
Yes, he could. He easily dodged Superman who could hit many times the speed of light.
Lots of people dodge Superman, it doesn't mean that they're automatically capable of going lightspeed unless Supes was definately going lightspeed when they dodged him.

Which isn't to say that Wally COULDN'T hit lightspeed Pre Crisis, just that him dodging Supes isn't proof of him doing so.

Prep-Man
True, but Superman was using super speed at the time. We just don't know how fast he was going.

darthgoober
True, but Superman was using super speed at the time. We just don't know how fast he was going.
When issue did Barry teach him in, because I've always been under the impression that Wally was sub light speed until well after COIE?

Prep-Man
When issue did Barry teach him in, because I've always been under the impression that Wally was sub light speed until well after COIE?

It's what I heard on the net, but I just asked a Barry Allen fan for you, so hopefully I can get some feats and answers on exact issue numbers.

darthgoober
It's what I heard on the net, but I just asked a Barry Allen fan for you, so hopefully I can get some feats and answers on exact issue numbers.
thumb up

OneDumbG0

Flash and Captain Marvel are the only ones the Avengers really have to worry about, and in the end I just don't see them being enough to fill the massive gaps in the JLA's defenses. TBH I'm not even sure Barry was pulling off IMP's back in his PC days... thumb up Originally posted by darthgoober
When issue did Barry teach him in, because I've always been under the impression that Wally was sub light speed until well after COIE? sam

... no wait. That was supposed to be another thumb up.

Q99

As Kid Flash he was in the same general speed category as Barry, then he suffered a speed-related illness that was slowly killing him every time he used his powers, then he emerged from that with a speed limit that he only eventually broke in "The Return of Barry Allen" (the one with Prof Zoom as the false Barry).

WW did have fights with Superman Pre-Crisis too.

Prep-Man
Wonder Woman had insane feats, but also a lot of lower ones. She was able to hold her own with Superman, toe the moon, and hold up themscyra. Plus she when she was a kid, she blew out the frosting of her cake into space. LOL.

Prep-Man
thumb up

He told me that he'd give me some details tomorrow. Hopefully, he will reply. Cause Barry is one of my favs now.

abhilegend

hysterical
He calls himself an expert on pre-crisis heroes.
crylaugh

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
hysterical
crylaugh You take a cheapshot at someone who hasn't been here in a year or so and act as if this makes you look good. It doesn't. Show respect.

kilzzjo
I = nutnut

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by abhilegend
hysterical
crylaugh Looks like he missed a word to me.

kilzzjo
I = nutnut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.