Could Guinan be a Q?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Or something like a Q?

I apologize if this has been done already but recently I saw the episode Q Who? again and was a bit puzzled by the interaction between Q and Guinan. Q almost seems afraid (or at least wary) of Guinan and when he offers to remove her from the ship and raises his hand Guinan also raises her hands as if to fight back, dropping them after he backs down.

I don't think its a case of her raising her hands reflexively like someone will do if a baseball is flying toward them, it looked more like something specific, as if she were prepared to somehow block his powers or throw it back at him.

She also claims to have encountered more of his kind, even stating that some of them are "almost respectable".

My unsupported theory:
I know she's said to be El-Aurian, but its not beyond the power of a Q to impregnate someone with the essence of a Q. What if Guinan was like Q but worse, to the point that the Q could no longer afford to have her running around with all that power. Instead of doing what they did to Quinn, what if the Q Continuum punished Guinan by stripping her of powers and implanting her into the body of an El Aurian. Its possible that she still retains her knowledge (and some of her power) which would go a long way to explaining why she's so damn insightful and wise.

Robtard
I don't think so. As far as her ability to defend or counter Q, it's really unknown, as Q dismissed her defense/aggression like it was nothing, could have been just a reactionary thing from her, as they've met in the past and it definitely wasn't on good terms.

IMO, her race is evolved or has abilities well beyond the other mortal races, humans, Klingons, Vulcans etc., like sensing when the time-line has been altered. But she's no Q.

Mindship
Wasn't Guinan's planet devastated by the Borg?

Isn't Q far more powerful than the Borg?

Wouldn't Guinan have been able to protect her planet from the Borg if she was Qewish?

Robtard
Technically, one would only be Qewish is their mother was, just having a Qewish father doesn't pass along Qewishness, iirc.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindship
Wasn't Guinan's planet devastated by the Borg?

Isn't Q far more powerful than the Borg?

Wouldn't Guinan have been able to protect her planet from the Borg if she was Qewish?
Well first of all she wasn't actually there when it happened and second of all in my theory she isn't a fully powered Q, she just might have Cosmic Awareness and some resistance to Q powers (hence raising her hands in response to Q's threat as if to block something)

Badabing
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Or something like a Q?

I apologize if this has been done already but recently I saw the episode Q Who? again and was a bit puzzled by the interaction between Q and Guinan. Q almost seems afraid (or at least wary) of Guinan and when he offers to remove her from the ship and raises his hand Guinan also raises her hands as if to fight back, dropping them after he backs down.

I don't think its a case of her raising her hands reflexively like someone will do if a baseball is flying toward them, it looked more like something specific, as if she were prepared to somehow block his powers or throw it back at him.

She also claims to have encountered more of his kind, even stating that some of them are "almost respectable".

My unsupported theory:
I know she's said to be El-Aurian, but its not beyond the power of a Q to impregnate someone with the essence of a Q. What if Guinan was like Q but worse, to the point that the Q could no longer afford to have her running around with all that power. Instead of doing what they did to Quinn, what if the Q Continuum punished Guinan by stripping her of powers and implanting her into the body of an El Aurian. Its possible that she still retains her knowledge (and some of her power) which would go a long way to explaining why she's so damn insightful and wise. I figured her race was powerful. I always thought her race didn't fight, regardless of the threat. That's how her planet was assimilated.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Badabing
I figured her race was powerful. I always thought her race didn't fight, regardless of the threat. That's how her planet was assimilated.
I don't think El Aurians were absolute pacifists, we also don't know if other El-Aurians shared Guinana's nebulous talents.

Tattoos N Scars
I would think that the being called "god" in Star Trek V would be closer to being some outcast Q.

Sadako of Girth
Or Trelane on TOS: He definitely looked and sounded Qewish.

GRIMNIR
I think it was just a stupid error the writer made.

Guinan is on a par with your average Vulcan I reckon, nowhere near close to the Q.

I think Kes is the most powerful main character, she would destroy Guinan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.