Most awe-inspiring hero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Which hero inspires the greatest confidence among their planet's citizenry by his mere presence...in other words, which hero makes people feel most confident that everything will be alright because they are there to save the day?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superman

Thor

Hal Jordan

Silver Surfer

mykke
Superman 100 percent no contest

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
Which hero inspires the greatest confidence among their planet's citizenry by his mere presence...in other words, which hero makes people feel most confident that everything will be alright because they are there to save the day?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superman

Thor

Hal Jordan

Silver Surfer Superman easily.

People don't even like surfer.

Omega Vision
Superman. That's basically the one thing he does better than anyone else in comics: inspire confidence.

He's got the highest approval rating on average of any hero in Marvel or DC.

Newjak
Superman wins hands down.

They almost made Thor this way.

When they had Thor kind of appear in Civil War everyone was damn!!!

When they really did bring him back it seemed like they were gonna make him a one man wrecking ball. It was like his return was gonna make everything right and bring order to the chaos.

But somewhere along the line he got lost in the shuffle of all the events and all the writers handling him in different ways in the open.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superman. That's basically the one thing he does better than anyone else in comics: inspire confidence.

He's got the highest approval rating on average of any hero in Marvel or DC. Cap might be up there.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision

He's got the highest approval rating on average of any hero in Marvel or DC. captain america is up there, no?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Cap might be up there.

In American... but I don't imagine China or India or Russia gives a **** about Cap.

Naija boy
superman no doubt.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
In American... but I don't imagine China or India or Russia gives a **** about Cap. True

amnesia
Batman.

Omega Vision
captain america is up there, no?
For certain instances they're about equal, but when a meteor is approaching Earth which of the two would you be most "awed" by?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman wins. He has the messiah aura in the DCU. However, in modern DC, I'd say it's taken a dive. Making this competition more closer than it would have ever been. This will probably change however, with DC going back to the "Silver Age' roots.

The runner up would be Thor in my opinion. His pretty damn inspiring at times. Especially in his own issues such as when we see him interact with Asgardians and other races, or how citizens at times react to Thor. Eric Masterson using Thor as a symbol of pure inspiration comes to mind. Thor takes a back seat to Captain America in the Avengers related stuff for the most part unless it's one of those occasions Thor leads the heroes into battle, or goes on to defeat an enemy, leaving his teammates in awe.

The Thor issue that came out yesterday commented on Thor's ability to inspire confidence and raise spirits etc.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/df6cf090729411
http://www.imagebam.com/image/69318590729421
Thanks to Guy

Awesome issue by the way. A recommended read. And this is me being honest and not pulling my usual Thor wanking. Gillen really needs to have a second Thor ongoing.

Hal comes in third.

Mshinu
Nate Grey with 2 secs of prep

psycho gundam

Superman

Thor

Hal Jordan

Silver Surfer facepalm

the ninjak
Yeah pretty unfair list to choose from.

But then again it is Superman.

ankur29
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman wins

thumb up

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The runner up would be Thor in my opinion

lol no suprise

Mindship
Which hero inspires the greatest confidence among their planet's citizenry by his mere presence...in other words, which hero makes people feel most confident that everything will be alright because they are there to save the day? You've practically defined Superman here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.