flash vs spidey sense

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
flash as at the south pole and Parker is at the north pole with santa

flash is about to ram parker from the other side of the earth. does spider man get to react to his spidey sense right before flash starts going at him ?

or does parker get to jump up in the air and avoid flash before arriving or does he get owned ?

h1a8
Well spidey dodges lasers and other light speed objects because he moves out of the way BEFORE they are fired. If they are fired before Spidey has moved then spidey is a dead duck.

If Spidey moves before Flash starts then by the time Flash gets there he will change his direction to match where spidey is at the current location.
Thus spidey is a dead duck.

In summary, Spidey can dodge only dumb light speed attacks, not smart changing seeking ones.

chomperx9
Originally posted by h1a8
Well spidey dodges lasers and other light speed objects because he moves out of the way BEFORE they are fired. If they are fired before Spidey has moved then spidey is a dead duck.

If Spidey moves before Flash starts then by the time Flash gets there he will change his direction to match where spidey is at the current location.
Thus spidey is a dead duck.

In summary, Spidey can dodge only dumb light speed attacks, not smart changing seeking ones. but let say spidey just doesnt dodge and move out of the way. what if he jumps up in the air the sec spidey sense go off before right before flash comes.

h1a8
Originally posted by chomperx9
but let say spidey just doesnt dodge and move out of the way. what if he jumps up in the air the sec spidey sense go off before right before flash comes.

Depending on the level and speed of the attack Spidey's sense warns him
in ENOUGH time to get out of the way. For examples, Spidey's sense can go off AFTER a bullet fires. Because it knows Spidey can still dodge. But for lasers it warns spidey a split second before they are fired.

With that said, if Spidey jumps in the air BEFORE Flash moves then he dodges (assuming flash will only travel to the spot where spidey was on the ground). Remember, depending on how fast the attack the more head start the Spidey sense will give him.

If spidey jumps at the same time flash starts then spidey is a dead duck. Is this is what you want to hear?

chomperx9
Originally posted by h1a8
Depending on the level and speed of the attack Spidey's sense warns him
in ENOUGH time to get out of the way. For examples, Spidey's sense can go off AFTER a bullet fires. Because it knows Spidey can still dodge. But for lasers it warns spidey a split second before they are fired.

With that said, if Spidey jumps in the air BEFORE Flash moves then he dodges (assuming flash will only travel to the spot where spidey was on the ground). Remember, depending on how fast the attack the more head start the Spidey sense will give him.

If spidey jumps at the same time flash starts then spidey is a dead duck. Is this is what you want to hear? wanted to hear more but that makes sense what your saying.

Mshinu
Santa pimp slaps Flash as he is trying to blitz spidey.
"You behave on my North Pole or there will be no presents for you boy!"

Lord_Talron
^ thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by Mshinu
Santa pimp slaps Flash as he is trying to blitz spidey.
"You behave on my North Pole or there will be no presents for you boy!" laughing

Mshinu
Santa pwns

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_I9k8M-1s2j0/ST6psXYgWOI/AAAAAAAAA5A/WMfP-0uSCoU/s320/Santa_pimp_by_gts.jpg

BlackZero30x
Spidy would have to jump pretty freaking early....like five seconds before flash even starts running.

Digi
Spider-sense should warn him before Flash starts running due to how quickly Flash would get there, unless there's a distance limitation to SS (we don't know either way, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were). But obviously Flash can change direction and hit him easily. So Spidey would only dodge if Flash was forced to move in a straight line and not alter his course.

supremthor
didnt lobo already kill santa

Black bolt z
I think spider sense warns him if he is in danger.

Its not a matter of "can the spidey sense detect flash".Its a matter of "can parker jump once his spidey sense goes off in the time it takes flash to travel the world"

Digi
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I think spider sense warns him if he is in danger.

Its not a matter of "can the spidey sense detect flash".Its a matter of "can parker jump once his spidey sense goes off in the time it takes flash to travel the world"

SS usually gives him a second or two of warning. For a person with 40x human reflexes, 1 second is a lifetime in which to perform a jump.

Tron
As good as the spider-sense is, it has it's limits. The Flash thinks, reacts, and moves far faster than Spider-Man. In this case, it might warn Spidey that he's about to be hit, but he'll be lucky to have enough time to brace for it, and that's a big if.

Digi
Originally posted by Tron
As good as the spider-sense is, it has it's limits. The Flash thinks, reacts, and moves far faster than Spider-Man. In this case, it might warn Spidey that he's about to be hit, but he'll be lucky to have enough time to brace for it, and that's a big if.

Indeed. Clearly if Flash starts moving before SS warns Pete, or even as it's warning him, he's screwed 9 ways from Sunday. Flash will be there in a few milliseconds. 1-2 seconds before an attack isn't unreasonable for SS though, and there's confirmed evidence of that rough timeframe for SS warnings, so I think it's possible.

And again, Flash can alter his course, but for this to have any meaning I'm assuming he only goes in a striahgt line.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Digi
Spider-sense should warn him before Flash starts running due to how quickly Flash would get there, unless there's a distance limitation to SS (we don't know either way, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were). But obviously Flash can change direction and hit him easily. So Spidey would only dodge if Flash was forced to move in a straight line and not alter his course. sure wally can change directions for sure but what if spidey were to jump in the air the second spidey sense goes off.

another question is would spidey know to jump when his spidey sense is alerting him especially from that distance. maybe he would be just looking around like WTF is about to happen.

and of course even if he makes the jump and wally misses charging him the second spidey lands he is owned. but this is mainly about how accurate is his spidey sense and him knowing what to do at a time like this from the start.

Tron
Indeed. Clearly if Flash starts moving before SS warns Pete, or even as it's warning him, he's screwed 9 ways from Sunday. Flash will be there in a few milliseconds. 1-2 seconds before an attack isn't unreasonable for SS though, and there's confirmed evidence of that rough timeframe for SS warnings, so I think it's possible.

And again, Flash can alter his course, but for this to have any meaning I'm assuming he only goes in a striahgt line.

You gotta remember, though, Flash can hit good speed from standing still, so he doesn't really need to pick up a sufficient amount of speed.

sure wally can change directions for sure but what if spidey were to jump in the air the second spidey sense goes off.

another question is would spidey know to jump when his spidey sense is alerting him especially from that distance. maybe he would be just looking around like WTF is about to happen.

and of course even if he makes the jump and wally misses charging him the second spidey lands he is owned. but this is mainly about how accurate is his spidey sense and him knowing what to do at a time like this from the start.

That's IF Spidey makes it off of the ground before Flash hits him. And even if he did make the jump, there's nothing stopping Flash from throwing a brick or anything on hand at super-speed while Spidey's in mid-jump.

BlackZero30x
You gotta remember, though, Flash can hit good speed from standing still, so he doesn't really need to pick up a sufficient amount of speed.

That's IF Spidey makes it off of the ground before Flash hits him. And even if he did make the jump, there's nothing stopping Flash from throwing a brick or anything on hand at super-speed while Spidey's in mid-jump.

well he wouldn't even need the brick really......he could use his arms to create a whirlwind to send spidy flying lol

Mshinu
Originally posted by supremthor
didnt lobo already kill santa

That was a Santabot.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/24823/569801-lobo_pwnz__ll____super.jpg

rotiart
Santa pimp slaps the flash. Santa force> speed force.
The speed necessary to travel all over the planet delivering presents? Santa clocks flash

Spiderman laughs

Omega Vision
Spider-Man can definitely dodge one attack if he times it perfectly ala Deathstroke.

chomperx9
Originally posted by rotiart
Santa pimp slaps the flash. Santa force> speed force.
The speed necessary to travel all over the planet delivering presents? Santa clocks flash

Spiderman laughs in this event wally is at the south pole facing north and parker is at the north pole facing south. santa is standing 5 feet behind parker so even if parker does get a chance to react to his spidey sense in time wally bumps into santa.

so no santa cant slow down wally in this event he is just there to stop wally incase he misses parker.

Gecko4lif
Even if spidey jumps before flash attacks and flash cant change direction people dont seem to be factoring the fact that from flash's perspective spidey would be frozen in the air and thus a ridiculously easy target.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Even if spidey jumps before flash attacks and flash cant change direction people dont seem to be factoring the fact that from flash's perspective spidey would be frozen in the air and thus a ridiculously easy target. this isnt a fight between the two. if it were it would be spite. this is just a test on how good his spidey sense is

Digi
You gotta remember, though, Flash can hit good speed from standing still, so he doesn't really need to pick up a sufficient amount of speed

Right. But my point is that spider-sense, on an average day, gives him roughly a second of warning, 2-3 if he's lucky. I can tell you without reservation that that's plenty of time for Spidey to be more than 1 person away from his original location.

Now, Flash can race the Earth in far less than 1 second. So, the SS should warn Spidey before Flash ever takes off. I have doubts that SS could warn him about an attack from the other side of a planet, so even in my "Flash can't change directions" scenario, Pete probably gets hit. But if SS is able to warn from that distance, he can and will be out of the way in such a scenario.

sure wally can change directions for sure but what if spidey were to jump in the air the second spidey sense goes off.

If we're letting Wally change directions, then this is a worthless discussion. Flash hits him every single time, no exceptions.

chomperx9
Right. But my point is that spider-sense, on an average day, gives him roughly a second of warning, 2-3 if he's lucky. I can tell you without reservation that that's plenty of time for Spidey to be more than 1 person away from his original location.

Now, Flash can race the Earth in far less than 1 second. So, the SS should warn Spidey before Flash ever takes off. I have doubts that SS could warn him about an attack from the other side of a planet, so even in my "Flash can't change directions" scenario, Pete probably gets hit. But if SS is able to warn from that distance, he can and will be out of the way in such a scenario.

If we're letting Wally change directions, then this is a worthless discussion. Flash hits him every single time, no exceptions. if spidey jumps and flash is only charging him from the ground why would it matter if wally changes directions if spidey jumped ?

here wally doesnt get to make a tornado or do any other tricks with his speed except for charging at him starting from the other end of the earth. even if spidey makes the jump the second he lands he is doomed.

like i posted above this is mainly a test on how good his spidey sense is and if he would get a chance to react to it before wally sets foot. not a fight between the two

Digi
if spidey jumps and flash is only charging him from the ground why would it matter if wally changes directions if spidey jumped ?

here wally doesnt get to make a tornado or do any other tricks with his speed except for charging at him starting from the other end of the earth. even if spidey makes the jump the second he lands he is doomed.

like i posted above this is mainly a test on how good his spidey sense is and if he would get a chance to react to it before wally sets foot. not a fight between the two

Aight, I'm going to tell you exactly how good spider-sense is:

- There's no evidence either way to suggest whether or not he can detect an incoming attack from so far away. We're guessing on that.
- It gives him, on average, a second or two of notice
- He is still subject to his reaction time, which is 40x regular human reactions.
- If Flash can change direction, it doesn't matter whether or not Pete has jumped. Once Flash got there, undoubtedly before SM hits the ground, he could alter his course and punch SM about 100,000 times before he touched the ground.
- If SM's spider-sense doesn't warn him of the attack until after Flash has started running, there's no chance at all that he dodges in time. None. It would have to be before the attack started.

Hope that answers your questions. I'm not entirely sure what your objections were there, so it's possible we're still not on the same page.

chomperx9
answers some and to your previous post i kinda agree there.

not quiet sure his spidey sense would go off from trouble from that distance. for example if spider man is in washington DC getting a reward from obama for supporting our nation and goblin is in NY getting ready to set foot to fly to DC i dont think parkers spidey sense would go off till goblin is near by around the DC area.

and no do not forward this to FBI

Digi
and no do not forward this to FBI

Good to know. I don't need any more heat on my dossier in their offices.

SamZED
Yeah but itd still be an imidiate danger to his life so SS would probably work. Its one thing when he tries to sense something far far away, and another when someone's about to punch his head off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.