Cross Genre Nominations #9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Here are the rules:

(1) All nominations must be between one character primarily identified as a comic book character and a character of another medium outside of comics.

(2) No spite nominations.

(3) In order to receive official consideration once the poll thread is made ANOTHER person must communicate their support for the nomination other than the person who proposed it.

(4) Try not to spam nominations, consider them carefully and then post them in this thread.

(5) Explain the scenario and why you think the matchup would be a good one and provide documentation for the character(s) proposed so that others can understand what they're dealing with.

(6) When nodding state which would win in your opinion.

Characters off limits:
Until 10th thread:
Deathstroke
Wesker

amnesia
Brucie vs captain America

Black bolt z
Originally posted by amnesia
Brucie vs captain America Nod

Janemba vs. Thanos

Originally posted by Black bolt z
OK I finally got to posting jenempa and jenemba feats.

Heres jenempa the fat one.

vsMthjV-6GY

-He had control over everything in his realm
-He had extremely fast running speed.
-Easily dodged goku while playing around(goku was moving fairly fast)
-ABility to easily smack goku away(although not in Super sayian -form)
-Punches through portals that he creates such as punching up into a portal while standing still and his fist comes down 20 feet away.Can kick like that as well.
-Created an alternate goku to match gokus kameamea wave.
-Unleashes a massive volley of energy blasts in seconds that are pretty well aimed.Can do so we'll upside down and spinning.(look at the explosion when they all hit.
-King Kai said he could destroy the universe but I think that was more of a chain reaction.
-He was very fast for his massive size which is at least 50ft.

j9aOBVkan8A

At 27 sec he was able to create more of himself.WHich looked to be like 100.Each of which was at least 15 feet big.They were easily dispersed but it was a valid tactic.

I will post the small janembas feats later. Originally posted by Black bolt z
Heres the thin jenembas feats.Super sayian 3 goku easily dispatched fast janemba then was owned by thin.There might be a lot of vids.

zoIB_Bf9DZA

-Starting at 2:00 he enagaes goku SS3 in hand to hand for a short while.Goku is a top MAer
-Goku fires a energy blast at him and janemba opens a portal in front of him.The blast goes through and opens up behind goku hitting him with his own blast.
-At 2:49 its hard to explain what he does.He disassembles himself into a bunch of blocks and fades away from gokus blast.He then fades back behind goku with an energy blast already charged and blasts him.

pX2oJUyj6wA&feature=related

-At 1:27 he unleashes a fairly powerful blast from his mouth.
-He creates a sword which never failed to cut through anything including sayaian skin(although sayains appear to have much higher blunt force trama resistance then cutting or piercing).
-He slashed the ground with the sword(which set out a sword shaped energy blast)and cut at least a mile of ground of solid rock in half.

sER-PKhSDlk&feature=related

-At 3:45 he did that fading away thing again.
-He was able to do it constantly.But it was counteracted when vegeta shot a blast into it and it hit janemba as he came out the outher side.
-At 4:00 he was able was able to stretch his arm what looked to be a good few hundred feat and choke vegeta.
-The vid skips the talking scene
-At 4:37 he was able to barrage the area they were hiding in with energy blast.Look at the effects.
-It skips to when they run away and fuse wrong.
-At 6:55 janemba grabs a spike and matter manips(or what I assume would be matter manip)into a shooting wall of moving blocks.You kinda gotta see it to see what I mean.
-He does have a weakness(being called names)but thanos would take a while to figure that out.
-Pikkon uses his weakness on him then blasts him with everything he has to no avail.
-He pretty much one-shots pikkon
-Gogeta at the end of the vid did own him pretty easily but IMO gogeta would beat thanos.He reverts him back into a child that turned into janemba.

This is why I think janemba would be a good fight for thanos.If thanos dispatches the fat janemba easily then he has to fight the thin one.They come as a package.

Omega Vision
^ Its still not a good match.

byrdgang21
I'll nod Janemba vs Thanos again

marwash22
Peter Petrelli, Sylar & Athur Petrelli, from "Heroes" vs. Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter & Barda

All three guys from Heroes have (with a few exceptions) the same abilities due to having varying forms of empathy (power absorption/mimicking). Powers include...

healing/regen - to the extent of regrowing limbs
telepathy - to the extent of trapping people inside their own brain
telekinesis
Freezing - not ice projection, just freezing things
Super Strength - unknown limit but demonstrated at around Class 10
Super speed - ftl speeds (Peter and Arthur)
inanimate object disintegration (Sylar and Peter)
Phasing/Intangibility (Peter and Arthur)
Fire projection
Enhanced agility, reflexes and ability to cling to walls
lightning projection
Sound manipulation - unknown limit but shown to be able to disintegrate flesh (Sylar and Peter)
alchemy (Sylar and Peter)
flight - unknown limit but demonstrated subsonic speeds
radiation emission - including electric, nuclear and heat/light
Invisibility (Peter and Arthur)

I'm gonna make one of the stipulations that, Space and Time manipulation can't be used 'cause that would be spite in favor of the "Heroes" guys.

they possess other powers but only ones listed above will be eligible to use... most of the others are non-offensive anyway. Also, another stip would be that none of the "Heroes" guys can replicate or remove the abilities of the DC hereos... that would just be counterproductive.

Consider the versatilty of the "Heroes" guy, i think this would be a pretty good fight. The only clear advantage is Strength in favor of the DC heroes.

StiltmanFTW
The Mandarin vs. Shang-Tsung

Omega Vision
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The Mandarin vs. Shang-Tsung
I'll nod this. We need some MK threads.

amnesia
then i will suggest this again.

Nightcrawler vs sub-zero

McNasty996
I like the heroes thread I would like to see one done but
without all the stops because although they are powerful
most of thier abilities presented in my opinion are not powerful
enough to win the battle especially without power steal and
space time manipulation

marwash22
you think so? See, i thought it would spite because if you allow Peter or Arthur to stop time, they could just let Sylar go to work with his TK-knife and that would be...

/fight.

None of the "Heroes" guys can be put down considering their regen powers are better than Wolverine's. MM wouldn't be able to simply mind-rape any of them either; in fact the "Heroes" guys could Make Diana and Barda swap sides... whether or not MM would be able to undue their jedi-trick before Barda and WW rush him would be a debate within itself.

Black bolt z
Crew of serenity(firefly)w/ 1 day prep vs. Captain america.

I just really want to use them somewhere.

Also since they had their own comic could I use them against non-comic characters?

marwash22
Crew of serenity(firefly)w/ 1 day prep vs. Captain america. River could give him a fight by herself.

Also since they had their own comic could I use them against non-comic characters? yep. But you would be restricted to using only comic feats.

psycho gundam
Nod

Janemba vs. Thanos janemba and his opponent's feats are dubious cause of the non-canonical source (the film)

let it go

Black bolt z
Originally posted by psycho gundam
janemba and his opponent's feats are dubious cause of the non-canonical source (the film)

let it go WHat do you mean by dubious?

Hes only in a non-canon movie so all his feats are either valid or invalid.I say valid.

And if you actually look at his feats he has ways to counter a lot of what thanos can do.

psycho gundam
basically it means there is no certain truth or reason to believe wholeheartedly in something, in this case, that janemba faced opponents that were as powerful as they are in the manga or that he even exists to begin with.

most of the movies have silly shit in them

Black bolt z
basically it means there is no certain truth or reason to believe wholeheartedly in something, in this case, that janemba faced opponents that were as powerful as they are in the manga or that he even exists to begin with.

most of the movies have silly shit in them But those are his only feats.So it doesn't matter if its in a non-canon movie if its the only thing hes in.There are no canon feats to take from.

SO all are valid or invalid.

And like I said janemba can counter a lot of what thanos can dish out.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by marwash22
you think so? See, i thought it would spite because if you allow Peter or Arthur to stop time, they could just let Sylar go to work with his TK-knife and that would be...

/fight.

None of the "Heroes" guys can be put down considering their regen powers are better than Wolverine's. MM wouldn't be able to simply mind-rape any of them either; in fact the "Heroes" guys could Make Diana and Barda swap sides... whether or not MM would be able to undue their jedi-trick before Barda and WW rush him would be a debate within itself.
Both Barda and Diana have great TP resistance. Barda is said to be able to resist anyone of lesser power than Darkseid (or Sleeze) and Diana had an upgrade that made her virtually immune to mind control.

Black bolt z
River could give him a fight by herself.

yep. But you would be restricted to using only comic feats. True.I was forgetting about rivers uber skills.

So who,with the crew having normal weapons and 1 day prep,would be a good match for them?

psycho gundam
yep. But you would be restricted to using only comic feats. this applies to dbz also smile

byrdgang21
Legolas (elf LOTR) vs. Hawkeye
No trick arrows for Clint. Fight in jungle.

Black bolt z
this applies to dbz also smile Not nessicarily.

At the beginning of the thread you can say to use the anime.Its not like all of the anime is non-canon.

marwash22
also, there's the fact that DBZ was a manga before it was an anime. In the case of Firefly, the comic came after the tv show so it's not the same; at least, that's what i was told when i asked about using Xena in non-gross genre matches. Xena has a comic but it came after the tv show. To me, it shouldn't matter unless there is a continuity issue.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Both Barda and Diana have great TP resistance. Barda is said to be able to resist anyone of lesser power than Darkseid (or Sleeze) and Diana had an upgrade that made her virtually immune to mind control. good point. But what do you think about the matchup? If that's not a good one, who would be a good to go up against the "Heroes" empaths?

Omega Vision
also, there's the fact that DBZ was a manga before it was an anime. In the case of Firefly, the comic came after the tv show so it's not the same; at least, that's what i was told when i asked about using Xena in non-gross genre matches. Xena has a comic but it came after the tv show. To me, it should matter unless there is a continuity issue.

good point. But what do you think about the matchup? If that's not a good one, who would be a good to go up against the "Heroes" empaths?
I have no idea, I've never watched Heroes.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by byrdgang21

This sounds like an interesting match-up. Jungle might be similar enough to a forest for Legolas to have the edge, but I'm just speculating there. Nodded, in any case.

McNasty996

/fight.

It should be intresting to find out but I could be wrong becuase
although thier regen is great they can still be knocked out bu on second glance I will nod this match and place the winners as the JLA for now but this could change depending on how they use thier abilities and if they still have the same restrictions. I do see your point about time though. But I believe a better fight would be the x-men or the avengers

Omega Vision
Current Drax vs Kratos

amnesia

Actually, i think Legolas would take it rather easily.

Omega Vision
Actually, i think Legolas would take it rather easily.
Not really. Which version of Legolas? Because movie Legolas has trick shots whereas I don't know if book Legolas was nearly as skilled.

Etna
Current Drax vs Kratos

Nod

Inuyasha and Sesshomaru vs Cyclops and Wolverine
Final Destination

psycho gundam
Its not like all of the anime is non-canon. you got it ass backwards

Lord_Talron
Not really. Which version of Legolas? Because movie Legolas has trick shots whereas I don't know if book Legolas was nearly as skilled. incredibly skilled. hes an elf. not to mention hes got magic

Black bolt z
Seriously who would be a good match for crew of serenity with prep?

cdtm
Seconding Inuyasha and Sess vs Cyclops and Wolverine.

Etna

xmarksthespot
I'm assuming Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru would win easily. BFR using the Tetsusaiga and/or argument over whether Bakusaiga can degrade adamantium since it's magic.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'm assuming Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru would win easily. BFR using the Tetsusaiga and/or argument over whether Bakusaiga can degrade adamantium since it's magic. i see what you did there shifty

MooCowofJustice
On Legolas vs Hawkeye, doesn't Leg have super human vision and hearing? I believe elves in LOTR are generally stronger than humans as well.

XanatosForever
Tolkien's elves are the quintessential elves of fantasy lore, and they have never been stronger than humans. Ever. no expression

marvelmadness13
Exdeath with the Void(Final Fantasy V) vs Galactus. With the Void Exdeath has universe ending power, I think he'd be a good match for the world devourer.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
On Legolas vs Hawkeye, doesn't Leg have super human vision and hearing? I believe elves in LOTR are generally stronger than humans as well. legolas seemingly has an infinite supply of arrows, and never gets dirty

Omega Vision
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Tolkien's elves are the quintessential elves of fantasy lore, and they have never been stronger than humans. Ever. no expression
I recall that Tolkien once stated that Legolas was the sturdiest and hardiest member of the Fellowship (yes, even moreso than Boromir and Aragorn), hence his great hatred of all portrayals of Legolas as feminine in any way.

XanatosForever
Sturdiest and hardiest, maybe, but that doesn't make him the strongest. Certainly more agile, but not stronger.

marwash22
Legolas was the sturdiest and hardiest member of the Fellowship terrific! He's a friggin' IKEA coffee table... he dies.

Omega Vision
Sturdiest and hardiest, maybe, but that doesn't make him the strongest. Certainly more agile, but not stronger.
In Tolkien's venacular, the language of the time, sturdy was a synonym for strong and hardiness is endurance/stamina. That is to say he was the most physically powerful member, he was to the Fellowship what Teal'c was to SG-1 or Data to the Enterprise.

Aragorn was still the best warrior though and had the coolest sword. sneer

marwash22
The Buffy-verse

Glory
The Beast
Jasmine (no glamor)
Marcus Hamilton (armed with Olaf's war hammer)
Illyria (no reality warping)
dark-haired Willow (read stipulation below)

vs.

The X-Men

Cyclops
Storm
Colossus
Wolverine
Gambit
Jean (non-Phoenix)

-fight takes in the Colosseum in Rome.
-For the purposes of the fight, Jasime and Glory are not immortal, but they retain the rest of their abilities.
-Willow is only there to teleport her teammates back onto the field in the event they are bfr'd. I thought about adding her as a fighter, but she would rape.

i think this would be a decent fight. If you're not familiar with the Buffy combatants, check their wiki's... they're pretty badass. Illyria would solo if given reality warping and Jasmine would also solo if given glamor, so i took those out.

Starscream M
Super Buu (after absorbing Mystic Gohan, Gotenks, and Picollo) vs Superman and Thor

-Pr-
tbh, i think the x-men would rape, but that's just me.

marwash22
Originally posted by -Pr-
tbh, i think the x-men would rape, but that's just me. orly? Not to debate it before it even gets the necessary nods, but I highly doubt it. I had to gimp the Buffy fighters just to make it fair.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
Super Buu (after absorbing Mystic Gohan, Gotenks, and Picollo) vs Superman and Thor People just refuse to nod DBZ threads.

The team would win but it would take them a while.

I see a lot of people(even people like thanos)having a hard time putting down buu.He can't nessicarily beat them but his healing factor is just too major.

-Pr-
orly? Not to debate it before it even gets the necessary nods, but I highly doubt it. I had to gimp the Buffy fighters just to make it fair.

they're all h2h fighters. glory was stunned by a wrecking ball. they're going up against a highly organised team of people that can bring to bear more than buffy and her merry band ever could.

The Beast and Hamilton would be their best bets imo, but even they can be beaten.

byrdgang21
once again I'm nominating my MGS vs Marvel fight

Snake, Raiden, Vamp vs. Punisher, Deadpool, blade

byrdgang21
Guyver vs. Ironman

Piccolo vs. Martian Manhunter

Ben 10 vs. Super Skrull

Broly vs. Rulk

Kid Buu vs. Black Adam

Mumm'Ra vs. Dracula

Naruto vs. Void (Naruto has as many tails of 9 tailed fox chakra as needed)

Black bolt z
Guyver vs. Ironman

Piccolo vs. Martian Manhunter

Ben 10 vs. Super Skrull

Broly vs. Rulk

Kid Buu vs. Black Adam

Mumm'Ra vs. Dracula

Naruto vs. Void (Naruto has as many tails of 9 tailed fox chakra as needed) Don't know

Manhunter under pretty much any version

Nod

Broly.Rulk could absorb some of it,but some people say all the anime is non-canon...so if its not,broly has blown up a universe.He can beat rulk.

IMO buu.They are about equal in power but buu healing factor is just insane.

Don't know.

Void

xmarksthespot
I don't think they could actually do anything to seriously harm Glory, but they could probably toss her around like a ragdoll.

Bleh Dragon Ball Z. Anti-nod.

Kerrigan, Queen of Blades, vs.... ???

marwash22
they're all h2h fighters. glory was stunned by a wrecking ball. they're going up against a highly organised team of people that can bring to bear more than buffy and her merry band ever could.

The Beast and Hamilton would be their best bets imo, but even they can be beaten. Glory, The Beast and Jasmine were beaten via the ONE thing that could kill them. Glory never even got hurt until Buffy got Olaf's hammer, The BEast was unharmed until Angelus shanked him with a piece of his own body and Jasmine never got hurt and was only killed by Connor.

-Pr-
Glory, The Beast and Jasmine were beaten via the ONE thing that could kill them. Glory never even got hurt until Buffy got Olaf's hammer, The BEast was unharmed until Angelus shanked him with a piece of his own body and Jasmine never got hurt and was only killed by Connor.

They wouldn't be the first bad guys in Buffy to get beaten by something that's not supposed to kill them (remember the judge). You honestly going to tell me Logan couldn't cut through any of them, or that Cyclops pummeling them isn't going to do damage?

If you're going to maintain that the X-Men can only beat them by using that one special method, then a fight is pretty pointless, tbh.

byrdgang21
Don't know

Manhunter under pretty much any version

Nod

Broly.Rulk could absorb some of it,but some people say all the anime is non-canon...so if its not,broly has blown up a universe.He can beat rulk.

IMO buu.They are about equal in power but buu healing factor is just insane.

Don't know.

Void

Guyver is an anime. Its like an symBiotic Bio-Mechanic Body armor that joins a host.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bio_Booster_Armor_Guyver#The_Guyver_Units
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=UwAeUrTTqIA&feature=related

I think Piccolo would win too, But think it would make a decent deBate

What aBout Broly vs. WBH or WBH & Rulk

Kid Buu & Black Adam just cuz theyre Both so ruthless

Naruto w/ 9 tailed fox spirit is a Beast and capaBle of destroying cities easy

Omega Vision

Kerrigan, Queen of Blades, vs.... ???
Perhaps Venom?

I don't know the full extent of her tk/tp.

psycho gundam
orly? Not to debate it before it even gets the necessary nods, but I highly doubt it. I had to gimp the Buffy fighters just to make it fair. i nod

i find this voting system quite tedious

Omega Vision
i nod

i find this voting system quite tedious
Can you propose a better system? I'm open to anything that would streamline this process.

marwash22
They wouldn't be the first bad guys in Buffy to get beaten by something that's not supposed to kill them (remember the judge). lol, but he wasn't killed, he just got blown up... and iirc, his ability to be unharmed was connected to him rejecting things from hurting him. He didn't know what the hell a rocket launcher was so he just stood there like an idiot.

You honestly going to tell me Logan couldn't cut through any of them, or that Cyclops pummeling them isn't going to do damage?

If you're going to maintain that the X-Men can only beat them by using that one special method, then a fight is pretty pointless, tbh. Nah, I'm not saying that at all, i wouldn't have suggested it if that were the case. The X-Men can hurt them, i just think they would have problems doing so.

marwash22
Can you propose a better system? I'm open to anything that would streamline this process. i dunno what method could possibly be better.

Ben 10 vs. Super Skrull nod

xmarksthespot
I think it's working fine.
Perhaps Venom?

I don't know the full extent of her tk/tp. Neither... sad

It's been too long since I played StarCraft. And I've yet to play SCII enough to see if she does anything.

She controls the Zerg swarm, however many creatures that may be, so presumably she's a reasonable psionic. And can cast psionic storms that tear apart things.

Maybe a Psylocke type character... melee and psionic.

psycho gundam
Can you propose a better system? I'm open to anything that would streamline this process. it just takes long

Black bolt z
Guyver is an anime. Its like an symBiotic Bio-Mechanic Body armor that joins a host.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bio_Booster_Armor_Guyver#The_Guyver_Units
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=UwAeUrTTqIA&feature=related

I think Piccolo would win too, But think it would make a decent deBate

What aBout Broly vs. WBH or WBH & Rulk

Kid Buu & Black Adam just cuz theyre Both so ruthless

Naruto w/ 9 tailed fox spirit is a Beast and capaBle of destroying cities easy Guyver

I meant that manhunter and pretty easily

WBH would probably still lose.Galaxy bust is just too strong.

Does adam have any morality?

Still void

psycho gundam
wolverine vs mace windu

marwash22
wolverine vs mace windu How would Wolverine ever get close enough to do damage?

byrdgang21
Gatchaman Team vs. X-Men (Wolverine, Gambit, Archangel, Night Crawler,Cyclops)

-Pr-
lol, but he wasn't killed, he just got blown up... and iirc, his ability to be unharmed was connected to him rejecting things from hurting him. He didn't know what the hell a rocket launcher was so he just stood there like an idiot.

Nah, I'm not saying that at all, i wouldn't have suggested it if that were the case. The X-Men can hurt them, i just think they would have problems doing so.

i honestly don't remember.

ah. all right then.

byrdgang21
How would Wolverine ever get close enough to do damage?

can light saber cut thru adamantium?

Black bolt z
can light saber cut thru adamantium? Mabye.I still see mace winning.

-Pr-
Movie Mace or EU inclusive Mace?

psycho gundam
current superman vs christopher reeve superman

Black bolt z
Movie Mace or EU inclusive Mace? I always consider it EU included.Either way I still think he wins.

marwash22
can light saber cut thru adamantium? Oh lord, my brother swears up and down that a lightsaber can't cut adamantium; to him and anyone else who follows his logic, i say... gtfo.

current superman vs christopher reeve superman Was Reeve's Supersman, PC? The whole reversing time thing kinda makes me think so.

Black bolt z
Oh lord, my brother swears up and down that a lightsaber can't cut adamantium; to him and anyone else who follows his logic, i say... gtfo. laughing out loud

psycho gundam
Movie Mace or EU inclusive Mace? it's not connected?

i guess the version closest to wolverine

Omega Vision
I think it's working fine.
Neither... sad

It's been too long since I played StarCraft. And I've yet to play SCII enough to see if she does anything.

She controls the Zerg swarm, however many creatures that may be, so presumably she's a reasonable psionic. And can cast psionic storms that tear apart things.

Maybe a Psylocke type character... melee and psionic.
Agreed. From reading her article in SCWiki she seems to have decent tp and tk, nothing to really challenge the big guns of that field like Jean Gray or Martian Manhunter but enough that finding her a suitable challenge is difficult.

The way it looks either she stomps or gets stomped.

I can see Psylocke giving her an even fight though.

-Pr-
it's not connected?

i guess the version closest to wolverine

EU has some f*cked up crazy feats.

byrdgang21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOlxhO8WOd8

how is that not gonna make a good fight for Void?

XanatosForever
In Tolkien's venacular, the language of the time, sturdy was a synonym for strong and hardiness is endurance/stamina. That is to say he was the most physically powerful member, he was to the Fellowship what Teal'c was to SG-1 or Data to the Enterprise.

Aragorn was still the best warrior though and had the coolest sword. sneer

Bah, Elves are hax.

Agreed.

Wei Phoenix

Void flies him into outer space then anally rapes him 2 feet from the sun.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Scythe
Finally! I gif that describes how I feel when the girl at work describes how the Twilight vampires and wolves team up and take down Galactus.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
no expression

reading

no
Originally posted by Scythe
Pretty much. Comics Galactus too, not that silly FF movie one.

So...

Galactus Versus Twilight , anyone?

amnesia

AMV laughing

marwash22
Afro, from "Afro Samurai" & Jack, from "Samurai Jack" vs. Deathstroke & Deadpool

-everyone has their blade and nothing else.
-fight takes place on the wall of China
-fight is to the death

XanatosForever
I...Hmm...no, I can't say it'd be a fair fight, just because of Deadpool's HF. Otherwise I would totally nod.

marwash22
if people think it necessary, a stip can be that Deadpool has no HF... but i don't think that's necessary.

amnesia
M.D. Geist vs Iron Man

Scythe

So...

Galactus Versus Twilight , anyone?

Oh shi-!

Haha, I honestly think this would be a sure victory for Galact-'Please Don't Eat'-Us, so I'd love to see it.

marwash22
Rock Lee & Maito Gai, from "Naruto" vs. Karate Kid & Moondragon

-h2h, no exotic powers.
-fight takes place in destroyed Konoha

amnesia
M.D. Geist vs Iron Man

UrGU7BaGfNc

That's a manly AMV byrdgang.

Wei Phoenix
I...Hmm...no, I can't say it'd be a fair fight, just because of Deadpool's HF. Otherwise I would totally nod.

His HF doesn't stop him from being knocked out. Jack and Afro would win easily.

Lord_Talron
jacks amazing, but how is afro better than dp and ds?

Wei Phoenix
You can debate if he is or isn't. I personally give DP and DS the edge against Afro, but Jack tips the scales.

Black bolt z
Janemba vs. Thanos.

If you look at the videos janemba has many ways of counteracting many of the things that thanos can dish out.Look at the first few posts.

Etna
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
You can debate if he is or isn't. I personally give DP and DS the edge against Afro, but Jack tips the scales.

would be a cooler match if it was the Scotsmen imo

But Deahstroke threads are getting very stale

psycho gundam
That's a manly AMV byrdgang. EdpHt5FfiuA

amnesia
EdpHt5FfiuA

I'm in love with Kenshiro...

marwash22
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
His HF doesn't stop him from being knocked out. Jack and Afro would win easily. Originally posted by XanatosForever
I...Hmm...no, I can't say it'd be a fair fight, just because of Deadpool's HF. Otherwise I would totally nod. Originally posted by Lord_Talron
jacks amazing, but how is afro better than dp and ds? are these nods, expressed interest that could turn into nods, or just premature debates?

Lord_Talron
no, deathstroke should take a break for a while

Omega Vision
^He's off limits until the 10th thread.

Even though its pretty obvious who would win I'm going to throw this out anyway:

Harry Dresden (Dresden Files) vs John Constantine.

Scenario One: No prep, Harry has his staff and blasting rod and a piece of chalk to draw magic circles.

Scenario Two: Both sides get three hours of prep and Harry Dresden has a lock of John's hair.

The Scenario
I don't know much about Constantine, but his wikipedia entry doesn't make him look too good at combat and such, while Harry is pretty darn good at fighting. What can John do?

marwash22
he has a friggin' dragon breath flamethrower uhuh

batdude123
Brucie vs captain America

This.

The Scenario
he has a friggin' dragon breath flamethrower uhuh

Harry has a shotgun with dragonbreath rounds. cool

Granted, it isn't in the fight, but the blasting rod he does have launches a foot thick blast of fire that can tear a building in half.

illadelph12
How about:

The Bat Family:

Batman
Nightwing
Cassandra Cain
Red Robin
Robin
Huntress

Vs.

The Power Rangers

Jason
Tommy
Zach
Billy
Trini
Kimberly

1st round: Standard equipment only; no Zords.
2nd round: Vehicles and Zords allowed. All out war.

XanatosForever
Why GR Tommy?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by The Scenario
I don't know much about Constantine, but his wikipedia entry doesn't make him look too good at combat and such, while Harry is pretty darn good at fighting. What can John do?
In one of his comics he raised the corpses of a serial killer's victims as zombies who proceeded to pwn said killer. I can't tell you much more though. I really need to start reading Hellblazer.

He's mainly a prep guy, one of the few people in comics who could conceivably defeat Neil Gaiman's Lucifer in a game of wits.
I matched him with Harry because he's essentially a shorter, older, bisexual, more cynical, English Harry Dresden.

illadelph12
Why GR Tommy?

Mainly because I always liked the Green Ranger the best. Also for a pre-Zeo roster with Trini.

Another thread idea I had was All Power Rangers Vs. The Avengers. There's about 100 Rangers + their Zords and different Megazord configurations, so they have a lot of firepower.

marwash22
Thor would solo the entire Power Ranger legion. Those Zords go into critical with a single hit from oversized lobsters.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by illadelph12
Mainly because I always liked the Green Ranger the best. Also for a pre-Zeo roster with Trini.

Another thread idea I had was All Power Rangers Vs. The Avengers. There's about 100 Rangers + their Zords and different Megazord configurations, so they have a lot of firepower.

Did you see him in Dino Thunder?

The Scenario
In one of his comics he raised the corpses of a serial killer's victims as zombies who proceeded to pwn said killer. I can't tell you much more though. I really need to start reading Hellblazer.

I can't say much without spoiling the 7th book, but Harry kinda one-ups this. By raising the skeleton of a Tyranasaurus Rex, mostly.

Sounds pretty cool, I think I'll try to look into him. But the truth is I think Harry would win without too much trouble without prep, but with prep it's likely a stomp if he's got a lock of hair. Harry is an expert at thaumaturgy, which is basically voodoo. With a lock of hair he could rip someone's heart out from miles away.

I can't really think of anyone who'd be a good match for Harry, since there are a lot of factors for some stuff he does and a lot of it is spoilertastic and I don't want to ruin it for you. I also consider him to be one of those guys that either stomps or gets stomped with not much in between.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by The Scenario
I can't say much without spoiling the 7th book, but Harry kinda one-ups this. By raising the skeleton of a Tyranasaurus Rex, mostly.

Sounds pretty cool, I think I'll try to look into him. But the truth is I think Harry would win without too much trouble without prep, but with prep it's likely a stomp if he's got a lock of hair. Harry is an expert at thaumaturgy, which is basically voodoo. With a lock of hair he could rip someone's heart out from miles away.

I can't really think of anyone who'd be a good match for Harry, since there are a lot of factors for some stuff he does and a lot of it is spoilertastic and I don't want to ruin it for you. I also consider him to be one of those guys that either stomps or gets stomped with not much in between.
Unless morality is off though he'd never break one of the Laws of Magic by killing someone like John Constantine.

The Scenario
Unless morality is off though he'd never break one of the Laws of Magic by killing someone like John Constantine.

Well, that makes it much more difficult if CIS/PIS are off. Killing a human with magic is always against the Laws and considered Black Magic. The very act of breaking one of the Laws corrupts the magic used to do it.
With that in play, Harry's limited to guns and using his staff as a blunt weapon as long as he's fighting a human opponent. He could try to immobilize Constantine, but any finishing blows would have to be nonmagical.

amnesia
Kenshiro vs classic gamora (before class 100 goddess of death)

Wei Phoenix
Kenshiro vs classic gamora (before class 100 goddess of death)

As in before Gamora had Class 100 strength? I've never read anything with her in it so I don't know. But Kenshiro has strength feats that makes him a class 100.

illadelph12
How about Ironman & War Machine Vs. Rick Hunter & The Skull Squadron (w/Roy Fokker still alive) from Robotech/Macross?

Black bolt z
Awesomeness vs. Doom

amnesia
Awesomeness vs. Doom

awesomeness doesn't stand a chance.

marwash22
Match-Ups with Nods (Number of Nods)

Janemba, from "DBZ" vs. Thanos (1)

Shang-Tsung, from "Mortal Kombat" vs. Mandarin (1)

Legolas, from "LOTR" vs. Hawkeye (1)

Kratos, from "God of War" vs. Drax (1)

Ben Tennyson, from "Ben 10" vs. Super Skrull (2)

Glory, the Beast, Jasmine, Marcus Hamilton & Illyria, from "The Buffy-verse" vs. Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Gambit & Jean (1)

MooCowofJustice
So what has Super Skrull done that people think will allow him a chance against Ben 10?

Wait, Kid Ben or Teen Ben?

Suggestion:

X-Men, Avengers, or Fantastic Four run a gauntlet of the Final Fantasy parties. I do not know enough of either side to make a non-vauge recommendation, but I think that it could prove to be an interesting thread. There are still a few FF fans left that visit the Games Vs from time to time.

marwash22
5 T-X's & 5 T-1000's, from "The Terminator franchise" vs. Hulk, Rulk & She-Hulk

-fight takes place at Three Gorges Dam

Starscream M

-fight takes place at Three Gorges Dam the T-Xs would be useless.

marwash22
how do you figure?

Starscream M
how do you figure? the class 100 Hulks would tear them apart with ease

Black bolt z

-fight takes place at Three Gorges Dam The machine ones would die easily but the liquid metal ones really couldn't be hurt by hulk.

marwash22
the class 100 Hulks would tear them apart with ease Not if they keep their distance and light the Hulk's up with ranged attacks.

marwash22
Ryu & Ken vs. Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow

1: strictly h2h, no exotic powers
2: no restrictions, SE/SS get their swords, no guns.

-standard attire for all in both scenarios
-fight takes place a giant stage, ala DBZ tournament

Astner
Janemba, from "DBZ" vs. Thanos (1)
I'm going to nod to this.

Legolas, from "LOTR" vs. Hawkeye (1)
As well as to this.

illadelph12
I nod the Buffyverse Characters Vs. Xmen thread, though if it's pre-power drain or Post Fall Illyria it's gonna get ugly quick.

marwash22
I nod the Buffyverse Characters Vs. Xmen thread, though if it's pre-power drain or Post Fall Illyria it's gonna get ugly quick. it's pre-power drain, but without space/time manip.

Starscream M
Not if they keep their distance and light the Hulk's up with ranged attacks. how could they keep their distance? the hulks are faster

marwash22
So, you figure the Hulk's will quickly kill the five T-1000's?

illadelph12
it's pre-power drain, but without space/time manip.

How about the issue with the Beast only being vulnerable to himself (weapons made from his body)?

Starscream M
So, you figure the Hulk's will quickly kill the five T-1000's? no..don't think the hulks can kill the five t-1000s...but that doesn't mean the t-1000s can do anything to prevent the hulks from bashing the t-xs to bits in the opening salvo

marwash22
How about the issue with the Beast only being vulnerable to himself (weapons made from his body)? I was thinking that only applied to things in the Buffy-verse. The X-men have powers that are beyond anything Angel & co. tried to use against him. I would think he'd be susceptible to being hurt by an optic blast or lightning strike. But if you/other people think differently... i dunno.

no..don't think the hulks can kill the five t-1000s...but that doesn't mean the t-1000s can do anything to prevent the hulks from bashing the t-xs to bits in the opening salvo See, now you're just scripting. Why would you think the Hulk's would immediately go after those five specific fighters out of the 10 that are on the field?

Also, i'm certain the hulk's would have their respective hands full with the T-1000's stabbing the crap out of them.

Starscream M

See, now you're just scripting. Why would you think the Hulk's would immediately go after those five specific fighters out of the 10 that are on the field?

Also, i'm certain the hulk's would have their respective hands full with the T-1000's stabbing the crap out of them. the hulks dont have to go after the txs first

regardless txs aint doing jack other than powering up the hulks further by pissing the shit out of them

the t-1000s simply dont have enough damage output to do any harm to the hulks and will likely get bfred

marwash22
your opinion.

XanatosForever
Couldn't the Rulks just anger up and evaporate the T-1000's?

marwash22
There would only be one Rulk in the fight, but yeah, that's why i included him instead of Abomination. Rulk's heat emission makes it fair, imo.

xmarksthespot
The Captains and Lieutenants of the Gotei Thirteen vs...

I dunno.

Let's say Hulk and see what happens, lol.

psycho gundam
Ben Tennyson, from "Ben 10" vs. Super Skrull (2)
nodding cause i wanna post about how SS kills a child in cold blood

marwash22
The Captains and Lieutenants of the Gotei Thirteen vs...

I dunno.

Let's say Hulk and see what happens, lol. I would very much like a Bleach thread, but that would be a spite thread.

nodding cause i wanna post about how SS kills a child in cold blood i nodded it for the opposite reason shifty... don't sleep on Ben 10.

psycho gundam
don't sleep on Ben 10. pause

xmarksthespot
I would very much like a Bleach thread, but that would be a spite thread. You know there's gonna be people arguing for Hulk and his infinite strength and what have you. It will be... interesting.
i nodded it for the opposite reason shifty... don't sleep on Ben 10. Nah, too easy.

marwash22
You know there's gonna be people arguing for Hulk and his infinite strength and what have you. It will be... interesting. Those people would be fools. All 13 captains vs. Hulk? lulz.

pause you, SOB, use my own line against me sneer

xmarksthespot
Well it would still be amusing... but meh.

Kagura from Gintama vs... Iron Fist?

byrdgang21
Leonidas(300) & Beowulf vs. Ares & Hercules

(Ares & Herc are at same strength lvls as their opponents) fight takes place in ancient Roman coloseum. Standard gear 4 all.

Or

Herc & Ares vs. 300 Spartans (no restrictions)

Guyver vs. Iron Man & War Machine

Mumm-Ra (Thundercats) vs. Dracula

Lion-O (Thundercats) vs. Sabretooth

Kid Buu & Broly vs. WBH & Thor

Max Payne vs. Punisher

Universal Soldier vs. Captain America

byrdgang21
He-man & She-ra vs. Thor & Wonder Woman

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>