Wonder Woman vs Orion pure h/h

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
No weapons, no mercy. This is a pure h/h confrontation in a indestructible dome five by five meters.

Who wins?

-Pr-
Orion for an ever so slight majority imo.

r0nm0n88
orion 6-7/10

aztec
I'm going to root for Diana. She's the underdog in the fight.

amnesia
Orion.

marwash22
where are the WW wankers?

amnesia
Originally posted by marwash22

they left when being a feminist became lame.

aztec

LOL at your comment.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by amnesia
they left when being a feminist became lame.

I doubt you truly know what being a feminist means.

Orion for a slight majority.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
I doubt you truly know what being a feminist means.

Orion for a slight majority.

WW not really a feminist... she's just spicy!!

Q99

WW's really powerful and skilled in melee, but Orion's one of the few herald levelers who's honestly in her league in hand to hand. So you're not going to get people saying it's a stomp, especially when there's no weapons involved.

h1a8
They both have the strength to hurt each other. They both have the durability to withstand each others blows for awhile. Do I think Orion is twice as strong as her? No! But for arguments sake lets say he is strong enough that it would take two of her blows to equal one of his. I would still say WW wins a large majority for the very reasons Captain America and Batman wins against much stronger foes in h2h.

Not only is WW more skilled and have better agility but her fighting style incorporates a lot of counterattacks. So when Orion attacks, she blocks and counters with a hit or combo of her own gaining the advantage. Both with her striking and countering skill she can strike him more than 2 times to his 1 thus winning the fight.

Note: This is an attempt to debate without merely saying that she would simply counter one of his blows and combo him until he is koed (not let up) since it will REALLY work in this battlefield.

Q99
I think if you did "Who's in better shape after 30 seconds," it'd be WW, more agile and all. Orion's most legendary attribute is his endurance, though. Fighting him can wear an opponent down.

And no bracers, tiara, lasso, or axes to help her (gear-wise, Orion's gear gives range and flight. WW's all improves her melee, among other things).

Prep-Man
Orion.

Colossus-Big C
How about achillies vs Orion?

Q99
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
How about achillies vs Orion?

Diana > Achilles. At full confidence it's a fight, but Orion for the win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Orion.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by h1a8
They both have the strength to hurt each other. They both have the durability to withstand each others blows for awhile. Do I think Orion is twice as strong as her? No! But for arguments sake lets say he is strong enough that it would take two of her blows to equal one of his. I would still say WW wins a large majority for the very reasons Captain America and Batman wins against much stronger foes in h2h.

Not only is WW more skilled and have better agility but her fighting style incorporates a lot of counterattacks. So when Orion attacks, she blocks and counters with a hit or combo of her own gaining the advantage. Both with her striking and countering skill she can strike him more than 2 times to his 1 thus winning the fight.

Note: This is an attempt to debate without merely saying that she would simply counter one of his blows and combo him until he is koed (not let up) since it will REALLY work in this battlefield. Here's a tip. Drop everything you think you know about combo to KO. Delete your account, and go to Herochat.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Here's a tip. Drop everything you think you know about combo to KO. Delete your account, and go to Herochat. laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Here's a tip. Drop everything you think you know about combo to KO. Delete your account, and go to Herochat.

Lol.

His already at HC.

Q99
I'll go with the 6-7/10 to Orion specifically. It's a really good fight and Diana will get her share of wins.

Give her weapons and things are better.

h1a8

Note: This is an attempt to debate without merely saying that she would simply counter one of his blows and combo him until he is koed (not let up) since it will REALLY work in this battlefield.

This argument is flawless.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Omega Vision
No weapons, no mercy. This is a pure h/h confrontation in a indestructible dome five by five meters.

Who wins? orion

no weapons = her lower durability and strength succumbing to orion's

he's too ferocious

Omega Vision
This argument is flawless.
dur

h1a8
^Point out the false statement then

1. They both have the strength to hurt each other.
2. They both have the durability to withstand each others blows for awhile.
3. Orion is strong enough that it would take two of her blows to equal one of his (or he isn't that strong).

4. WW is more skilled.

5. WW can get two or more hits to his 1 hit by being more skilled and countering his attacks.

Omega Vision
^Point out the false statement then

1. They both have the strength to hurt each other.
2. They both have the durability to withstand each others blows for awhile.
3. Orion is strong enough that it would take two of her blows to equal one of his (or he isn't that strong).

4. WW is more skilled.

5. WW can get two or more hits to his 1 hit by being more skilled and countering his attacks.
1. No shit.
2. No shit.
3. That's a very arbitrary declaration with little support.
4. Maybe, maybe not.

I didn't dur what you said in the original post so much as I dured the fact that you quoted yourself and essentially gave yourself a high-five.

That's one of the most dur worthy things a poster can do.

iceman24567
Orion out punches her everytime

Q99
In terms of taking impact I think they're roughly comparable, but one of Orion's most legendary attributes is his endurance.

iceman24567
thumb up

h1a8
This fight wouldn't go on until who gets tired. Most comic fights never do. They go on till someone is koed or killed. A stalemate isn't technically a stalemate since both characters stopped fighting.

If this fight is envisioned of how it would go in a comic where Superman and no other heroes are involved then I would say 50/50. If Superman is envolved then Orion beats WW. That's how comic logic goes, the more characters that are against one then the better that one looks against an individual.

But if this fight is envisioned of how it would go based off them using the best of their abilities then WW wins simply because she is more skilled, which makes her counter his blows with many critical attacks and combos.

iceman24567
Skilled? She's hardly more skilled if at all. Not that it would matter physically Orion > Wonder Woman. You overrate her skill she's not Batman, Capt, Shiva or any A list martial artist she's skilled but come on.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by iceman24567
Skilled? She's hardly more skilled if at all. Not that it would matter physically Orion > Wonder Woman. You overrate her skill she's not Batman, Capt, Shiva or any A list martial artist she's skilled but come on. some people think shes far more skilled than batman

iceman24567
Some people are morons. Nothing in her history would suggest she's far more skilled than Batman

h1a8
Some people are morons. Nothing in her history would suggest she's far more skilled than Batman

It doesn't show because of her super powers. She can fly and doesn't rely on too much flipping and jumping and being ninja like. She is a supreme master at pressure points. When she was powerless before her gifts, trust me, her skills rivaled Batman's if not exceeded. Her skills with the tiara and lasso are unrivaled.

the Darkone
Orion wins.

Desaad
It doesn't show because of her super powers. She can fly and doesn't rely on too much flipping and jumping and being ninja like. She is a supreme master at pressure points. When she was powerless before her gifts, trust me, her skills rivaled Batman's if not exceeded. Her skills with the tiara and lasso are unrivaled.

She's SO skilled, in fact, that even with far superior stats, she's still been given trouble by Bruce and Deathstroke.

Hahaha, c'mon, get out of here.

Orion wins.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
some people think shes far more skilled than batman
I've never heard anyone on this site say that. The closest is Q99 who thinks she's in the same rough class of skill as Batman.

Q99
Eh, even without using her strength and speed she can fight very well against some very skilled people.

And she does tend to kick around Bruce rather badly when they fight.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Eh, even without using her strength and speed she can fight very well against some very skilled people.

And she does tend to kick around Bruce rather badly when they fight.
Because even holding back considerably she's insanely stronger and faster than him.

iceman24567
LOL lets see some solid proof of her being near Batman in skill non PIS please?

Omega Vision
LOL lets see some solid proof of her being near Batman in skill non PIS please?
Personally I believe her to be more around Black Canary's level. I base this on Black Canary having a deep respect for her skills as if they're peers.

iceman24567
Personally I believe her to be more around Black Canary's level. I base this on Black Canary having a deep respect for her skills as if they're peers. I see her being more Nightwing level than Canary. I honestly think Canary has dike like feelings for Wonder Woman so i would ignore any wanking she directs at her

Omega Vision
I see her being more Nightwing level than Canary. I honestly think Canary has dike like feelings for Wonder Woman so i would ignore any wanking she directs at her
Canary/Wonder Woman droolio

Make it into a comic, DC Editorial. stick out tongue

-Pr-
Personally I believe her to be more around Black Canary's level. I base this on Black Canary having a deep respect for her skills as if they're peers.

Agreed. I don't consider her to be Batman level.

Q99
I see her being more Nightwing level than Canary.

Nightwing and Canary are pretty close IMO.

I don't think she has a crush-crush on Diana but she does really look up to her.

As for who does want to jump her bones, just look at WW 600 smile Di could totally have her own harem going.

h1a8
IMO, in skill, shes batman's equal or better.

Whether that is true or not is moot.

This is because she merely blocks/dodges and counters one of Orions attacks with pressure points or a simply combo. One doesn't need to be as skilled as Batman to do this.

Q99
I don't think she's particularly better than Bats. When they spar- during which she shows no sign of using speed or strength and both of them act as if she was human level during said sessions (I.e. Batman does holds that rely on strength) so I'll go with that- they both give each other tips and she doesn't walk all over him, it's fairly even.

When they fight for real, she handles him easily, but that's her using her powers.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wonder Woman as skilled as Bats? Lol.

And no, her sparring with Batman while she possesses vast superhuman stats isn't evidence that she's as skilled.

I'd say Wonder Woman is low to mid B level in regards to skill.

Q99
Eh, but when she uses the stats, she does just walk all over him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
She might restrain herself, but no matter how much she restrains herself, she can't change the fact that she still superhuman. The distance between Diana and Bruce is ridiculously large in terms of stats. Restraining can't close that entire gap.

I'd assume when she's actively trying to put him down, and actually utilizing her abilities to a decent extent, she'd win without too much trouble.

Out of curiosity, when has Diana walked all over Batman? I think she defeated him without too much of a fuss in that JLA one shot with the Dragon, but I'm not too sure. I recall her defeating him once on a rooftop but that memory is really hazy.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Q99
Nightwing and Canary are pretty close IMO.

Yeah thats why i said she's in between them all three aren't as skilled as Batman though

victorymaker
In pure h2h? Orion has absolutely no chance whatsoever. Wonder Woman mops the floor with him.

quanchi112
Orion wins.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
She might restrain herself, but no matter how much she restrains herself, she can't change the fact that she still superhuman. The distance between Diana and Bruce is ridiculously large in terms of stats. Restraining can't close that entire gap.

Yes, she is still superhuman, but the only stats of hers that she would not be able to restrain are her durability and endurance. She would be able to tone down her strength and speed if she chose to. That would not invalidate any sparring between the two of them unless we saw Batman tiring. You'd have to show something in their sparring sessions that shows her stats are helping her - ie her dodging something that no normal human would be able to.

I'm not saying she's as skilled as Batman but if she is restraining herself in their sparring sessions to work on her skills you have to take that at face value. You also have to take into consideration what the characters say about those sessions.

But as I said, I still give the edge to Orion. He's the only "brick" I would give the win against her in this kind of match up. He has the stats and the skill/experience needed to take the wins from her.

Philosophía
Orion.

wondertwins
Orion

quanchi112
Originally posted by victorymaker
In pure h2h? Orion has absolutely no chance whatsoever. Wonder Woman mops the floor with him. Based on what ?

h1a8
Wonder Woman as skilled as Bats? Lol.

And no, her sparring with Batman while she possesses vast superhuman stats isn't evidence that she's as skilled.

I'd say Wonder Woman is low to mid B level in regards to skill.

Remember this is comics. Everything doesn't have to make sense right?
The writer clearly wanted to show that WW and Bats were near the same level.

Writer's intentions are key.

With that said, I don't quite agree with the first things I just said, LOL. I just stated them for those who do.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what ?
on her being more skilled and can counter his blows with pressure points and combos.

Q99

I disagree, even if one is Superhuman restraint can make someone fight at human, or even less than human level. Stats don't matter if they aren't used.

If she's deciding the level of stats she'll use (and most top-tiers do have a lot of precision in that area, can catch an egg or crush a tank after all. They can normally even shift their perception between normal and super speed, the only stat that can't really be controlled is toughness), there's nothing stopping her from fighting at the same level as if she didn't have access to her powers.

Yes, the dragon one (JLA: League of One), and the rooftop was, if it's the same one I'm thinking of, Wonder Woman Hiketeia, where they clash multiple time and she kinda kicks him around while he tries to brain his way around her to deal with the problem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.