death metal vs deathcore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XvampbenjiiX666
this thread is an opinion thread. and some arguments. i listen to both...well a little tiny bit of deathcore. but in my opinion death metal is by far better than deathcore

so just leave a comment about the topic and your thoughts

AsbestosFlaygon
Yes, I also prefer Death Metal.

The musicianship is a lot more technical, imho.
And the sound is more mature, not just blank noise.

XvampbenjiiX666
agreed. compared to deathcore where it's random blasts and no flow. it just seems like they were trying really hard to make the loudest noise they could think of

AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah.

Just because it's loud, it doesn't necessarily make it 'cooler' than other Metal genres.

Esomark
I grew out of extreme metal a good while back but I voted death metal anyway because I preferred it over deathcore all the time. I never got on the deathcore bandwagon and saw that it was just the next trend after basic metalcore went the way of nu metal. It all sounded very homogenous whenever I heard those kind of bands and the ultra-compressed sound production so many bands use today is annoying.

XvampbenjiiX666
agreed

NemeBro
Death Metal as already stated tends to be more technical, without just being "loud."

So I vote for Death Metal.

samortan
None of them . I am The Best

Tptmanno1
Define "deathcore"
Or at least name some bands. I hate the random genre-ization of metal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.