Cross Genre Nominations #10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Here are the rules:

(1) All nominations must be between one character primarily identified as a comic book character and a character of another medium outside of comics.

(2) No spite nominations.

(3) In order to receive official consideration once the poll thread is made ANOTHER person must communicate their support for the nomination other than the person who proposed it.

(4) Try not to spam nominations, consider them carefully and then post them in this thread.

(5) Explain the scenario and why you think the matchup would be a good one and provide documentation for the character(s) proposed so that others can understand what they're dealing with.

(6) When nodding state which would win in your opinion.

Characters off limits:
Until 11th thread-
Kefka
Thor

psycho gundam
http://a.imageshack.us/img576/8315/etrigandemon.jpg

jason blood/etrigan

vs

http://a.imageshack.us/img694/7831/97567631.jpg

dante sparda

full abilities/power ups on

cdtm
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://a.imageshack.us/img576/8315/etrigandemon.jpg

jason blood/etrigan

vs

http://a.imageshack.us/img694/7831/97567631.jpg

dante sparda

full abilities/power ups on

This is one of my two favorite match ups, with Gene from God Hand vs Etrigan being first..

And seconded.

psycho gundam
thumb up

Bentley
Inuyasha vs the New Avengers (Luke Cage, Spider-man, Ms. Marvel, Thing, Wolverine, Jessica and Iron-fist)

Black bolt z
The Christmas critters(from south park) vs. mephisto.Who is more evil?

psycho gundam
facepalm

try not to ruin the spirit of the cross-genre battles please

Omega Vision
Shao Khan vs Hulk-
Scenario One- Standard fight
Scenario Two- H/H only, Khan has his hammer

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Shao Khan vs Hulk-
Scenario One- Standard fight
Scenario Two- H/H only, Khan has his hammer that's spite against shao khan

Bentley
Rockman vs Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo.

Seriously, let's make a Rockman thread! I just couldn't think of any fair opponent.

Omega Vision
What's a good matchup for Team Avatar (Aang, Zuko, Toph, Katara, and Sokka) from Avatar: The Last Airbender?

I'm thinking an X-Team.

Starscream M
What's a good matchup for Team Avatar (Aang, Zuko, Toph, Katara, and Sokka) from Avatar: The Last Airbender?

I'm thinking an X-Team. avengers academy or teen titans

Bentley
Young Avengers?

Lord_Talron

I'm thinking an X-Team. aang, zuko, toph, katara, and sokka vs cyclops, storm, rogue, colossus, and beast sound good? should give sokka his sword

Bentley
Avatar state for Aang? Storm would be kind of a wildcard in that team.

Lord_Talron
avatar state aang would solo handily.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
avatar state aang would solo handily.
I have a hard time seeing Aang putting down Colossus, let alone handily while fighting the rest of the X-Men.

Bentley
Storm can pretty much nuke half a planet by herself.

So can Cyclops eek!

Lord_Talron
I have a hard time seeing Aang putting down Colossus, let alone handily while fighting the rest of the X-Men. bfr colossus then break the world?

illadelph12
General Grievous Vs. Wolverine & Sabertooth.

Bentley
Originally posted by illadelph12
General Grievous Vs. Wolverine & Sabertooth.

Make it in a dark place with lots of place to cover and at night and you got yourself a back up vote. cool

Lord_Talron
wonderful matchup.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Bentley
Make it in a dark place with lots of place to cover and at night and you got yourself a back up vote. cool

Battle takes place in the Jungles of Vietnam at midnight during a full Lunar Eclipse.

Lord_Talron
does grevious have infa-red?

illadelph12
Not sure, but he'd have his full compliment of light sabers.

Bentley
Battle takes place in the Jungles of Vietnam at midnight during a full Lunar Eclipse.

I back up the battle. thumb up

Omega Vision
bfr colossus then break the world?
Why would the Avatar break the world?

XanatosForever
I'm not sure Avatar State would be necessary, personally, but I could be wrong.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I'm not sure Avatar State would be necessary, personally, but I could be wrong.
Oh it'd be necessary. Without the Avatar state Aang is Mid Meta at best. What the Avatar State does is essentially remove all PIS/CIS from Aang and give him the combined bending knowledge of all the Avatars before him as well as the ability to channel massive amounts of raw power.

XanatosForever
mmm That's a good point there...Ignore my earlier stupidity.

Starscream M
I'd like to see Goliath (from Gargoyles) vs Captain America

Black bolt z
General Grievous Vs. Wolverine & Sabertooth. Good idea but I see team wolverine winning pretty easily.Pretty much one slash is going to put grevious down.And they could probably take quite a few hits form a lightsaber.And grevious doesn't have the force.

I actually see it being a much more even fight in an open field.They have to take him head on.

Black bolt z
Also who would be a good match for crew from firefly:Malcom reynolds,river tam,jayne,zoey,wash,shepard book,Inara,Kaylee,and Simon tam?

They have regular weapons and resources and one day prep.

Bentley
If he's really outclassed then they should fight in a tunnel like scenario where he can keep them from surrounding him.

Black bolt z
If he's really outclassed then they should fight in a tunnel like scenario where he can keep them from surrounding him. I was meaning like in an area he can completely see them.Because do you really doubt they could pretty much one-shot him?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Starscream M
I'd like to see Goliath (from Gargoyles) vs Captain America
Apart from the flight advantage isn't Goliath really really strong? Like well above Peak Human?

I might nod but it seems like Cap would be at a pretty big physical disadvantage.

Starscream M
Apart from the flight advantage isn't Goliath really really strong? Like well above Peak Human?

I might nod but it seems like Cap would be at a pretty big physical disadvantage. yes, he's really really strong...but prob around sabretooth level strength (10 - 15 tonish)

so I wouldn't say he is out of cap's league...considering cap is no weakling, is prob much more skilled and has that shield

perhaps Goliath vs Spider-Man would be a better match then?

Omega Vision
yes, he's really really strong...but prob around sabretooth level strength (10 - 15 tonish)

so I wouldn't say he is out of cap's league...considering cap is no weakling, is prob much more skilled and has that shield

perhaps Goliath vs Spider-Man would be a better match then?
Cap is strong when compared to a normal human but the difference between a Class 10 and Cap is as big as the gap between Cap and Aunt May. His skill and shield could make it competitive but Goliath's flight would be an incredibly difficult challenge.

Goliath vs Man-Bat I'd say would be a pretty tight match.

Starscream M
Cap is strong when compared to a normal human but the difference between a Class 10 and Cap is as big as the gap between Cap and Aunt May. His skill and shield could make it competitive but Goliath's flight would be an incredibly difficult challenge.

Goliath vs Man-Bat I'd say would be a pretty tight match. goliath's flight is not as big a deal since cap has a great range attack with his shield

also goliath flight is wingbased as opposed to power based and its not nearly as versatile as most comic fliers

goliath vs manbat would not be a good thread simply because I don't think anyone gives a shit about manbat...also goliath would wreck him

Omega Vision
goliath's flight is not as big a deal since cap has a great range attack with his shield

also goliath flight is wingbased as opposed to power based and its not nearly as versatile as most comic fliers

goliath vs manbat would not be a good thread simply because I don't think anyone gives a shit about manbat...also goliath would wreck him
Hitting a flying target with a shield toss isn't exactly what I'd call a "great ranged attack".

It doesn't really matter if he doesn't have Superman-type flight, the fact that he can fly is still a massive advantage over the grounded Captain America.

Starscream M
Hitting a flying target with a shield toss isn't exactly what I'd call a "great ranged attack".

It doesn't really matter if he doesn't have Superman-type flight, the fact that he can fly is still a massive advantage over the grounded Captain America. you're really underestimating cap...the guy's held his own against the likes of hulk and thor (albeit briefly) ...a CL15er who can fly is not gonna be out of his league by any means

Omega Vision
you're really underestimating cap...the guy's held his own against the likes of hulk and thor (albeit briefly) ...a CL15er who can fly is not gonna be out of his league by any means
Holding his own briefly against Hulk and Thor doesn't mean he can take even one win against either of them.

xmarksthespot
I thought the Gargoyles were gliders rather than fliers.

XanatosForever
They are.

Since Cap seems to be at such a disadvantage, maybe we should switch out for someone closer to Goliath's strength level. I hear mention of Sabertooth?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I thought the Gargoyles were gliders rather than fliers.
They're a bit like Vultures IIRC: they flap a bit but mostly glide.

Starscream M
They are.

Since Cap seems to be at such a disadvantage, maybe we should switch out for someone closer to Goliath's strength level. I hear mention of Sabertooth? I would vote for a goliath vs sabretooth match

I just want to see Goliath get some love on the Vs forum.

Starscream M
They're a bit like Vultures IIRC: they flap a bit but mostly glide. yeah...hence their flight isn't that useful in a fight. they need wind or altitude to really manuever. starting off on the ground negates much of their flying ability.

xmarksthespot
Sabretooth keeps healing until morning, assuming the fight is at night, and then smashes stone Goliath...

:/

XanatosForever
Alright then, I'll set up the plot.

Goliath Versus Sabertooth

Claw-to-Claw battle stick out tongue

Fight takes place in Manhattan. Goliath starts off grounded, and both combatants are a city block away from each other. I say Manhattan because they're both familiar with it, Goliath can climb and gain altitude, but Sabertooth can building hop to catch him, possibly.

Nods?

Sabretooth keeps healing until morning, assuming the fight is at night, and then smashes stone Goliath...

:/

Ooh, I forgot about Creed's HF...that might be a problem...though Goliath could still knock him out, right?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Also who would be a good match for crew from firefly:Malcom reynolds,river tam,jayne,zoey,wash,shepard book,Inara,Kaylee,and Simon tam?

They have regular weapons and resources and one day prep. Anyone?

psycho gundam
Alright then, I'll set up the plot.

Goliath Versus Sabertooth

Claw-to-Claw battle stick out tongue

Fight takes place in Manhattan. Goliath starts off grounded, and both combatants are a city block away from each other. I say Manhattan because they're both familiar with it, Goliath can climb and gain altitude, but Sabertooth can building hop to catch him, possibly.

Nods?

Ooh, I forgot about Creed's HF...that might be a problem...though Goliath could still knock him out, right? *looks at scan of sabretooth with wendigo pelt on his back*

byrdgang21
He-Man & She-Ra vs. brb & WW

Skeletor vs. Ghost Rider(unleashed)

Lion-O (Thundercats) vs. black panther (fight in jungle)

ben 10 vs super skrull

Goro & Scorpion vs. Luke Cage & Iron Fist

Yoda vs. Drax & Moondragon

Snake, Raiden, Vamp vs. Punisher, Deadpool, blade

Lord_Talron
Why would the Avatar break the world? just saying he could, because someone was saying that cyclops and storm could nuke like half the earth

Omega Vision
just saying he could, because someone was saying that cyclops and storm could nuke like half the earth
I don't think we have any real feats to suggest he could CIS or no.

The most impressive feat I can think of any Avatar doing is separating a peninsula from the mainland to make an island, and not a particularly large island either.

The Avatar simply lacks the proven capability to affect anything on a global scale.

Lord_Talron
I don't think we have any real feats to suggest he could CIS or no.

The most impressive feat I can think of any Avatar doing is separating a peninsula from the mainland to make an island, and not a particularly large island either.

The Avatar simply lacks the proven capability to affect anything on a global scale. she was shown doing it with little effort. with the hundreds if not thousands of individual lifetimes spent mastering earthbending and firebending, you need to prove that he doesnt have the knowledge and tools to break the earth. plus hes the spirit of the planet manifested in human form.

amnesia
helper vs ultron, good match up, rait gais?

Omega Vision
she was shown doing it with little effort. with the hundreds if not thousands of individual lifetimes spent mastering earthbending and firebending, you need to prove that he doesnt have the knowledge and tools to break the earth. plus hes the spirit of the planet manifested in human form.
Little effort? I won't say she struggled but the tone of the narration pretty much indicated that the formation of Kyoshi Island was one of the greatest feats of any bender in history and it certainly wasn't something that Kyoshi did casually.

Negative proof fallacy ftw. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Scenario
Megas XLR vs. Extremis Iron Man?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Black bolt z

They have regular weapons and resources and one day prep. Originally posted by Black bolt z
Anyone?
Does anyone want to put them in a match?

illadelph12
How about Buffy, Faith, Angel, and Spike vs. Batman, Nightwing, and Red Robin.

Battle takes place in Los Angeles during perpetual midnight.

Melee weapons only (slayer scythe, swords, axes, wooden stakes, staffs, batarangs, etc). No explosives/incendiary devices, sonics, or any other more advanced weaponry.

Omega Vision
^ Isn't Spike impossible to put down by normal means? The only episode of Buffy I ever saw start to finish had him tanking multiple arrows to the chest with only mild irritation to show for it.

xmarksthespot
I thought Spike was "just" a vampire. I.e. he can be killed by any means that kill vampires.

Omega Vision
I thought Spike was "just" a vampire. I.e. he can be killed by any means that kill vampires.
Well if there are stakes then he could be put down, otherwise though his damage soak and hf are pretty insane.

Bentley
He can be knocked unconscious, I think a demon in the last season of Buffy one-shotted him.

xmarksthespot
Buffy's sort of inconsistent that way.

Blair Wind
I'm not exactly the most knowleldgable person in terms anime/manga/game/non comics in general but I've thought of these match ups at one point or another - I'm sure I've thought of more, but I've seen them suggested already or I can't think of them at this particular moment:

Kakashi vs Iron Fist
---------------------------------
Ryu vs Captain America
Master Chief vs Mr. Terrific with 10 T-Sphere's
Aang vs Storm

xmarksthespot
I'd be interested to see a Kakashi vs...

But IIRC he has the ability to essentially create miniature black holes with his Mangekyou Sharingan.

So I can't see Iron Fist winning...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Aang vs Storm
Aang can redirect lightning. stick out tongue

psycho gundam
I'd be interested to see a Kakashi vs...

But IIRC he has the ability to essentially create miniature black holes with his Mangekyou Sharingan.

So I can't see Iron Fist winning... lets stick with the kakashi vs theme

xmarksthespot
So a melee combatant, who also has some ranged energy abilities or can avoid them easily and is fast enough to avoid the Sharingan/or has regenerative ability.

If there's someone of that calibre then I'll nod.

Was also going to propose Yoruichi against Ms Marvel, dunno if it would be a good match-up.

Omega Vision
Yoruichi vs Cheetah mebbe?

xmarksthespot
Yoruichi vs Cheetah mebbe? That could work.

The only issue I see with Shinigami is that they also have Kido at their disposal.

So I thought Ms Marvel also having ranged attacks and flight might be better, but then at the same time I think Ms Marvel is too slow probably.

I suppose Cheetah's enchanted claws might be able to cut through certain binding spells. Or her strength might let her break out.

illadelph12
^ Isn't Spike impossible to put down by normal means? The only episode of Buffy I ever saw start to finish had him tanking multiple arrows to the chest with only mild irritation to show for it.

Spike can be put down just as any normal vampire (staking, beheading, sunlight, holy water), it's just that he (and Angel) has a very high tolerance for pain, particularly when blood-lusted, but sufficient damage or near fatal wounds will put them down for a bit. He and Angel also can resist being instantly dusted by sunlight for a short while.

You should really watch the shows. I was a bit apprehensive myself about watching Buffy (the name alone was a put off. Plus that bullshit movie with Luke Perry), but after a co-worker let me borrow the dvds and after watching a few episodes I really started to like it. By mid Season 2 it really found it's footing and became a very solid show. I was hooked. I prefer Angel though. It's darker and the writing and plot lines are a lot more intense. Plus the episode Smile Time is must see TV. Watching both series simultaneously after Season 3 of Buffy (Buffy episode then Angel episode) is the way to go.

Omega Vision
Spike can be put down just as any normal vampire (staking, beheading, sunlight, holy water), it's just that he (and Angel) has a very high tolerance for pain, particularly when blood-lusted, but sufficient damage or near fatal wounds will put them down for a bit. He and Angel also can resist being instantly dusted by sunlight for a short while.

You should really watch the shows. I was a bit apprehensive myself about watching Buffy (the name alone was a put off. Plus that bullshit movie with Luke Perry), but after a co-worker let me borrow the dvds and after watching a few episodes I really started to like it. By mid Season 2 it really found it's footing and became a very solid show. I was hooked. I prefer Angel though. It's darker and the writing and plot lines are a lot more intense. Plus the episode Smile Time is must see TV. Watching both series simultaneously after Season 3 of Buffy (Buffy episode then Angel episode) is the way to go.
Yeah I intend to watch it eventually. The episode I saw was pretty good.

Have you started watching Stargate SG-1 yet? uhuh

illadelph12
It's in my Netflix queue. Right now I've got Battlestar Galactica Season 4 in rotation.

marwash22
Yoruichi vs Cheetah nod.

Though it's know that Yoruichi is proficient in Kido, she has never been shown using spells; so that shouldn't even be a factor in the fight. The only Kido she does use is to amp her physical stats.

Originally posted by byrdgang21
ben 10 vs super skrull nod.

I think Ben will be underestimated and since it's not my suggestion, it can't be considered bait. haha

It's in my Netflix queue. Right now I've got Battlestar Galactica Season 4 in rotation. dude, that's a lot of episodes to watch. good luck.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by marwash22
nod.

Though it's know that Yoruichi is proficient in Kido, she has never been shown using spells; so that shouldn't even be a factor in the fight. The only Kido she does use is to amp her physical stats. Meh. I'm still running under the assumption that she can cast high level binding and attack spells. But I suppose people can argue its out of character.

amnesia
we need a batman thread.

XanatosForever
David Xanatos v. Batman? no expression

MooCowofJustice
Sly Cooper vs Black Cat

Bentley
Blastoise vs the Sinister Six smile

MooCowofJustice
Whatsa Sinister Six?

amnesia
Blastoise vs the Sinister Six smile

Electro is super effective.

Lord_Talron
laughing out loud

The Nuul
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Whatsa Sinister Six?

Its the group with Spider-Man in it.

Lord_Talron
sneer

xmarksthespot
Yoruichi vs Cheetah I'll nod this too.

marwash22
Match-Ups With Nods (Number of Nods):

Dante Sparda, from the "DMC" series vs. The Demon, Etrigan (1)

General Grievous, from "Star Wars" vs. Wolverine & Sabretooth (1)

Yoruichi Shihoin, from "Bleach" vs. Cheetah (Minerva) (2)

15 year old Ben Tennyson, from "Ben 10" vs. Super Skrull (1)

marwash22
A & Killer Bee, from "Naruto" vs. Wonder Woman & Barda

-standard gear for brothers
-no flight or lasso for Diana
-Barda gets her Rod and Armor, that's it.

Omega Vision
Samurai Jack vs Sabretooth (non Adamantium)

I'd like to say it would be a good match, though I could be wrong.

XanatosForever
Match-Ups With Nods (Number of Nods):

Dante Sparda, from the "DMC" series vs. The Demon, Etrigan (1)

Yoruichi Shihoin, from "Bleach" vs. Cheetah (Minerva) (2)

15 year old Ben Tennyson, from "Ben 10" vs. Super Skrull (1)

If you're specifying 15 year Ben, then you might as well start referring to "Ben 10" as the Ben 10 series, like with Dante, otherwise it could get confusing. As it stands, I'm assuming it's Ben from Ben 10: Alien Force or Ben 10: Ultimate Alien.

Edit: I dunno, OV. Jack seems a might high to be going against Creed, but then I don't really know much about Sabertooth outside of the 90's X-Men cartoon. laughing

marwash22
I see. Well, next time I'll just put 'current Ben Tennyson'.

xmarksthespot
Yuki Nagato, from Haruhi, vs.... I dunno Spider-Man?

amnesia
Kenpachi vs Ares

Kenpachi don't know how to speedblitz.

Bentley
A & Killer Bee, from "Naruto" vs. Wonder Woman & Barda

-standard gear for brothers
-no flight or lasso for Diana
-Barda gets her Rod and Armor, that's it.

They are too slow for Diana, you should switch for someone slower.

marwash22
They are too slow for Diana, you should switch for someone slower. Maxima, perhaps? or Kalibak?

Omega Vision
Maxima, perhaps? or Kalibak?
If we're talking about the pair of giants who were "stronger than Tsunade" then either Maxima or Kalibak would stomp them.

marwash22
If we're talking about the pair of giants who were "stronger than Tsunade" then either Maxima or Kalibak would stomp them. I'd have to disagree.

Omega Vision
I'd have to disagree.
Then you must not realize that Maxima has incredibly powerful TK and that Kalibak's Beta Club has some pretty powerful energy projection.

marwash22
Then you must not realize that Maxima has incredibly powerful TK and that Kalibak's Beta Club has some pretty powerful energy projection. Hmm, in the original match i suggested, i gimped WW by not allowing her to fly or use that haxxxxx lasso and i took away Barda's tube... why would you think that i would suggest a match and then allow Maxima to keep mindrape or Psychokinesis?

Omega Vision
Hmm, in the original match i suggested, i gimped WW by not allowing her to fly or use that haxxxxx lasso and i took away Barda's tube... why would you think that i would suggest a match and then allow Maxima to keep mindrape or Psychokinesis?
She'd still likely stomp them. Remember this is a woman who stood up against DOS DD for more than just one or two panels (like most heroes in the story). She's very skilled and in the same weight class as Wonder Woman. I don't recall seeing anything from those guys that's anywhere near that level.

Well if you gave Kalibak his Beta Club like you were willing to give Barda her Mega Rod then Kalibak would win pretty decisively.

Honestly I think Colossus might be the right opponent for them.

Blair Wind
So a melee combatant, who also has some ranged energy abilities or can avoid them easily and is fast enough to avoid the Sharingan/or has regenerative ability.

If there's someone of that calibre then I'll nod.

The black hole attack leaves him basically done for, doesnt it? I'm not completely up to date, but last few times Ive seen him use it, he ends up in the hospital. I'd consider it a last ditch effort - if that doesnt work, nothing will.

Ninja Psylocke with Telepathy and TK Sword?

MooCowofJustice
Sly Cooper vs Black Cat in case nobody saw it earlier.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Blair Wind
The black hole attack leaves him basically done for, doesnt it? I'm not completely up to date, but last few times Ive seen him use it, he ends up in the hospital. I'd consider it a last ditch effort - if that doesnt work, nothing will.

Ninja Psylocke with Telepathy and TK Sword? Yeah it would be more of a last ditch, but then there's also shadow clones, crap loads of ninjutsu. I dunno if Iron Fist would have fulfilled the criteria I listed well enough.

I'm not sure what Psylocke's current capabilities are. But I'd nod it, assuming she can't use TK directly on him to like snap his neck or something.

And maybe take away his Kamui black hole thing.

Bentley
Colossus is probably too slow for Bee and Raikage.

Black bolt z
Samurai Jack vs Sabretooth (non Adamantium)

I'd like to say it would be a good match, though I could be wrong. I'd call sabertooth

marwash22
Colossus is probably too slow for Bee and Raikage. It's difficult to find good match-ups for certain Bleach and Naruto character's. Either the comic characters are too strong or too fast, or vice-versa.

Bentley
It's difficult to find good match-ups for certain Bleach and Naruto character's. Either the comic characters are too strong or too fast, or vice-versa.

Tell me about it, I suggested Luffy vs Wolverine wink

Maybe Hulk or Iron-man (or someone like that)? They could counteract speed with other abilities and hang in there against the first attacks.

amnesia
It's difficult to find good match-ups for certain Bleach and Naruto character's. Either the comic characters are too strong or too fast, or vice-versa.

Originally posted by amnesia
Kenpachi vs Ares

Kenpachi don't know how to speedblitz.

xmarksthespot
He can't use shunpo but I've seen him move considerably fast. How fast is Ares?

amnesia
I guess he could at least run 100/200 MPH due to his strength, and his reflexes are above peak human.

Bentley
Albus Dumbledore vs Crystal.

Or put a good match for Dumbledore, he's made of gold.

xmarksthespot
Hmm... haven't watched Samurai Jack in eons... but how is Sersi vs Aku as a match?

r0nm0n88
aang, zuko, toph, katara, and sokka vs cyclops, storm, rogue, colossus, and beast sound good? should give sokka his sword

toph would **** Colossus up lol. otherwise i would actually give this to Xmen

r0nm0n88

am i the only one who thinks this is superspite against Grievous?

r0nm0n88
anikan(from the 3rd movie), and obie wan( third movie) VS wolverine and sabretooth(both adamintium). my suggestion. FIGHT in that area where anikan and obie wan fought at in the end of the third movie

i personally think this is a great matchup. also i feel like alot of people know about these characters, maybe have a cross genre thread go over 5 pages lol.

marwash22
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
toph would **** Colossus up lol. how do you figure? Colossus isn't refined earth, he's organic steel.

Black bolt z

am i the only one who thinks this is superspite against Grievous? No.Either have a good chance of one-shotting grevious.And they could both probably take a good amount of hits from the LS.Originally posted by r0nm0n88
anikan(from the 3rd movie), and obie wan( third movie) VS wolverine and sabretooth(both adamintium). my suggestion. FIGHT in that area where anikan and obie wan fought at in the end of the third movie

i personally think this is a great matchup. also i feel like alot of people know about these characters, maybe have a cross genre thread go over 5 pages lol. Best chance is force push into the lava.

twizzlers713

i personally think this is a great matchup. also i feel like alot of people know about these characters, maybe have a cross genre thread go over 5 pages lol.
planet = mustafar
force push into lava FTW, as black bolt z said. its no contest.

XanatosForever
how do you figure? Colossus isn't refined earth, he's organic steel.

If you take some of the bending formats to their scientific extreme, Toph could potentially bend the minerals in the human body a la magneto with metals. It's already been shown that waterbenders like Katara can bend the blood within the human body, though only when they're at their peak (i.e. during the full moon). I'm sure Aang in the Avatar State could do so.

marwash22
there's a huge difference between a waterbender manipulating blood, which is 90% water, and an earthbender manipulating the minerals in the human body, ala Magneto with iron... that's one helluva leap.

XanatosForever
Not when your entire body is being covered with the mineral, which is what Colossus does, and again, I never said Toph was actually able to do it. I was just following the "logical" scientific conclusion to its extreme, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Avatar with all the power of his/her past lives behind him/her could do it.

Creshosk
there's a huge difference between a waterbender manipulating blood, which is 90% water, and an earthbender manipulating the minerals in the human body, ala Magneto with iron... that's one helluva leap. It's really not that much of a leap.

However toph couldn't do it. She needs to see them with her seismic sense, which is kind of impossible with them being distended in liquid or other soft materieals that dampen vibrations.

Though The "refined earth" was merely one way to explain the chemical composition of metal in a world without the knowledge of chemical compositions.

Carbon is something that enhances the strength of steel. Pure carbon can be found in the form of coal or diamonds. both of which are VERY susceptible to earth bending.

And we already know that colossus is susceptible to ferrokenisis. Which indicates that his metal form still has some of the properties of regular metal, such as iron content.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Creshosk
It's really not that much of a leap.

However toph couldn't do it. She needs to see them with her seismic sense, which is kind of impossible with them being distended in liquid or other soft materieals that dampen vibrations.

She may be able to. She's shown that can use her seismic sense to determine when someone is lying by "seeing" their hearbeat. It would probably take even more concentration than it does to metalbend, though, and I doubt Colossus would just sit there and let her touch him to figure out how he works.

Creshosk
She may be able to. She's shown that can use her seismic sense to determine when someone is lying by "seeing" their hearbeat. It would probably take even more concentration than it does to metalbend, though, and I doubt Colossus would just sit there and let her touch him to figure out how he works. The heart beat gives off an audible vibration, but her lie detecting works no better than our polygraphs. As Azula showed if you remain calm then there would be no difference in a person's heart beat.

Much like Daredevils power, being able to sense the vibration doesn't mean being able to control said vibration.

XanatosForever
That's a good point, I forgot about that. thumb up

marwash22
Cresh, what exactly are you getting at concerning the heartbeat thing?

Creshosk
Cresh, what exactly are you getting at concerning the heartbeat thing? Stress and nervousness cause an increase in the heartbeat. Such things occur naturally when a person lies.

So with the quickening of the heart beat only indicates a nervousness or stress, it does not indicate that a person is lieing.

Toph could "lie detect" because she could "hear" a person's heartbeat. But being able to hear the heart doesn't mean she could do anything to manipulate it. Because its a heart beat and not the individual minerals that she could sense.

r0nm0n88
well toph was bending medal like it was straight up rock toward the end of the series.

and i say anikan and obie wan vs wolverine and sabes in a football stadium. start on opposite 45 yard line.

XanatosForever
The Jedi have no way to keep Logan down.

marwash22
The Jedi have no way to keep Logan down. erm

force pull + Saber slash = decap.
Spite thread.

Creshosk
erm

force pull + Saber slash = decap.
Spite thread. Negatory on the decap. If other forms of energy couldn't cause a separation of the bones in 616 on multiple occasions a lightsaber will likewise be unable to separate the bones.

psycho gundam
Not when your entire body is being covered with the mineral, which is what Colossus does, and again, I never said Toph was actually able to do it. I was just following the "logical" scientific conclusion to its extreme, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Avatar with all the power of his/her past lives behind him/her could do it. actually no, that girl bends the ore inside the iron, colossus has been likened to the element osmium and organic steel which is heavily refined iron, and colossus' body is extremely more durable than either of those elements (steel being mostly iron)

i doubt she can make him move against his will

marwash22
Negatory on the decap. If other forms of energy couldn't cause a separation of the bones in 616 on multiple occasions a lightsaber will likewise be unable to separate the bones. huh? are you one of those people who think a lightsaber wont cut adamantium?

Creshosk
Originally posted by psycho gundam
actually no, that girl bends the ore inside the iron, colossus has been likened to the element osmium and organic steel which is heavily refined iron, and colossus' body is extremely more durable than either of those elements (steel being mostly iron)

i doubt she can make him move against his will If she were able to, and I'm not saying she could, It'd probably take all her concentration and eventually he'd be able to break free. She wouldn't have the stamina for a prolonged power struggle. As awsome as her slowing the sinking library was we no real way to quantify the feat (libraries weight, how much force wan shi tong was exhibiting on its decent, etc). But it did put a significant strain on her.

Wei Phoenix
huh? are you one of those people who think a lightsaber wont cut adamantium?

Since it has failed to cut certain metals in the SWU then there's no proof that it will cut through adamantium.

Creshosk
huh? are you one of those people who think a lightsaber wont cut adamantium? Primary adamantium has exhibited exceptional endurance against thermal energy. The lightsaber does not cut all metals it encounters. such as mandalorian iron phrik and cortosis.

From what we've seen of Adamantium not being effected by high levels of either thermal or radioactive energy it'd be safe to assume that a lightsaber, being a particle beam weapon would be unable to cut it.

Edit: beskar. The name has slipped my mind temporarily.

amnesia
huh? are you one of those people who think a lightsaber can cut adamantium?

Wei Phoenix
I concur.

amnesia
You didn't see the edit?

Wei Phoenix
You didn't see the edit?

You win this round.

marwash22
When has anyone ever tried to cut adamantium with a blade made of pure heat? Being resistant to extreme does not equate to being resistant to the concentrated form of the same heat.

Luke Cage is resistant to extreme heat but a laser will go through his ass like a hot knife through butter.

Also, as it pertains to that fight, it's still spite because Wolverine would never be able to get close to a Jedi.

amnesia
udfaDEQt6lE

Do you think lightsabers can cut juggernaut too?

The Nuul
Devastator vs Iron Man

No technopathy.

Creshosk
When has anyone ever tried to cut adamantium with a blade made of pure heat? Being resistant to extreme does not equate to being resistant to the concentrated form of the same heat. When has a lightsaber ever cut beskar, cortosis or phrik? okay, phrik can be cut but it takes a lot longer...

And a lightsaber isn't "Pure heat" its a particle weapon. Meaning that aside from the heat there is a stream of particles being projected out to a magnetic containment field. You make it sound like its just a blow torch.

marwash22
When has a lightsaber ever cut beskar, cortosis or phrik? okay, phrik can be cut but it takes a lot longer...

And a lightsaber isn't "Pure heat" its a particle weapon. Meaning that aside from the heat there is a stream of particles being projected out to a magnetic containment field. You make it sound like its just a blow torch. nah, you're being ultra critical and nitpicking the smallest details, as per usual. I figured you knew what a lightsaber was and didn't feel the need to speak as if you were an idiot, you clearly knew wtf i meant.

As it pertains to what materials can't be cut by a saber in the Star Wars universe... you have no proof that those materials aren't far beyond adamantium. Really, it's a matter of opinion and this shit would just be one giant cluster-phuck of speculative back and forth... no thanks! Believe what you will and i'll do the same.

Anyhow, like i already said, it's spite because even if a saber can't cut adamantium, Logan has no way to get close.

Creshosk
nah, you're being ultra critical and nitpicking the smallest details, as per usual. I figured you knew what a lightsaber was and didn't feel the need to speak as if you were an idiot, you clearly knew wtf i meant.

As it pertains to what materials can't be cut by a saber in the Star Wars universe... you have no proof that those materials aren't far beyond adamantium. Really, it's a matter of opinion and this shit would just be one giant cluster-phuck of speculative back and forth... no thanks! Believe what you will and i'll do the same.

Anyhow, like i already said, it's spite because even if a saber can't cut adamantium, Logan has no way to get close. You have no proof that those materials ARE far beyond adamantium.

Their mere existence proves that a lightsaber while one of the most awesome weapons ever, is not godly.

What you have is a lightsaber failing to cut through a metal vs a metal that has survived insane amounts of heat and radiation intact.

And yes, I know fully well what a lightsaber is. Please don't make me point out my name.

I agree with you that Wolverine would not be able to approach them.

amnesia
nah, you're being ultra critical and nitpicking the smallest details, as per usual. I figured you knew what a lightsaber was and didn't feel the need to speak as if you were an idiot, you clearly knew wtf i meant.

Anyhow, like i already said, it's spite because even if a saber can't cut adamantium, Logan has no way to get close.

people who can destroy a planet with a punch can't even bend a needle made of adamantium.

marwash22
You have no proof that those materials ARE far beyond adamantium. See what i mean about the cluster phuck of speculation.

people who can destroy a planet with a punch can't even bend a needle made of adamantium. WTF does physical strength have to do with this conversation? Your example does not correlate.

amnesia
You said star wars materials might be beyond adamantium, it isn't.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>