Lich King vs Popular VG Characters Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
If the Lich King's opponent(s) dies, he is allowed to reanimate their corpses as his minion, who will fight by the Lich King's side for the following rounds. The Lich King can continuously reanimate the corpses of his fallen foes as long as their corpses remain in tact.

Reanimated opponent's/heroes retain all skills and abilities that are not related to the soul (ex: powers given due to genetics, intense training, technology, blood magic, sorcery)

Gauntlet Order:
1. Solid Snake (MGS)
2. Ryu (SF)
3. Link (LoZ)
4. Cloud (FFVII)
5. Samus (Metroid)
6. Dante (DMC)

Will the Lich King be able to add these VG favorites to his undead army as trophies & slaves, or will he perish and his rain of necromancy will come to an end.

Utrigita
How many of these guys can resist a direct assault on their minds?

iChaos
Kratos should be in there somewhere.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Utrigita
How many of these guys can resist a direct assault on their minds?

Ryu can. If that helps.

Demonic Phoenix
I think Samus is the only one on that list who could stand something of a chance against the Lich King and his previous gauntlet opponents, provided she has the proper equipment. Then again, I don't know Samus very well.

Snake stands no chance afaik.
Ryu stands no chance.
Link stands no chance.
Cloud wouldn't stand a chance against the 3 before him. Adding the Lich King makes it spite.
Dante would have his hands full with the 4 before him, let alone Samus, who could take him down herself; adding the Lich King makes it spite.

Originally posted by iChaos
Kratos should be in there somewhere.

If the TC is talking about popular characters in the World, Kratos shouldn't be on the list.

If it's KMC popularity, then you're right I think.

Originally posted by No End N Site
Ryu can. If that helps.

He was brainwashed by Bison. biscuits

~ He's still outmatched though. Severely.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

He was brainwashed by Bison. biscuits

~ He's still outmatched though. Severely.

He snapped back after a good prep talk, lol.

ScreamPaste
DP, why wouldn't Link stand a chance, exactly? D:<

Edit: also, gauntlet order is wrong, but meh.

Demonic Phoenix
^ I'm not aware of Link's telepathic defenses. srug
My bad though. May have jumped the gun.

Though there is Solid Snake who could sneak attack him. awesome

Originally posted by No End N Site
He snapped back after a good prep talk, lol.

Sagat, Ken & Sakura are not here to hold his hand. stoned

Heythere,Honey
Yayz, a Lich King thread big grin

He and his VG minions prolly lose to Samus though.

Cyner
I was thinking Samus, she managed to beat an entity that could mind and soul rape 4 planets at once. That's pretty much top tier. Add in her ridiculous speed, defenses and ability to attack anything physical or spiritual and that's done.

I think if the Lich King were to fight LttP Link, he would surely lose. Just depends on what Link...

Edit: yeah, Cloud should be before Link, and Dante should be before Samus... just sayin...

Heythere,Honey
Well, it does say LoZ Link so I assumed it was the one from the first game. So yeah, LK plows through until Samus comes and reduces him and his undead team to ashes. Xp

Super Marie 64
Lich King wins, because he and Samus are the only awesome people on that list and I'm quite confident he'd eat her alive.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
DP, why wouldn't Link stand a chance, exactly? D:<

Edit: also, gauntlet order is wrong, but meh.

Indeed. Switch place between Link and Cloud.

menokokoro
I don't know much about samus or ryu. But I don't see how anyone but Dante could manage against LK, oh and he would have a lot of fun fighting the rest of them

BloodRain
By popularity then Kratos for Ryu. Cloud with all his Materia?

Know nothing on the Lich King besides mind control. The only obstacles are Link, Samus and Dante. So if he gets past Link then the rest of the rounds should stack up in his favour /shrugs.

Stops at one of those three or clears.

Demonic Phoenix
^ Ryu's far more popular than Kratos will ever be.

~ Also, Scream. Link's Telepathic defenses? Otherwise, I'll keep stating that he has no chance against the Lich King, let alone SS, who could sneak attack him. biscuits

Super Marie 64
Lich King also knows soul stealing abilities, spiritual attacks and stuff like that.

ScreamPaste
^ Ryu's far more popular than Kratos will ever be.

~ Also, Scream. Link's Telepathic defenses? Otherwise, I'll keep stating that he has no chance against the Lich King, let alone SS, who could sneak attack him. biscuits More of Link's general magic defenses. The ToC and master sword have shown impressive defenses againt that kinda crap, shape shifting, TK, and whatever the hell those darkness waves are. Basicly the only reason Link ever beats Ganondorf is the incredible PIS of the sword, which in aLttP is flat out stated to be a failsafe against the abused power of the entire triforce, which makes the sword atleast planetary in scale. O-o

So, kinda puts a dent in LK's ability to fight Link because he basicly depends on that kind of stuff IIRC.

Also, LoZ Link can shoost lasers and fight invisible and spiritual enemies and st00f. Whenever ICUL comes back, I'd like to know which Link he means, and whether I get Omni-Link.

NemeBro
Solid Snakes bests the Lich King in CQC due to his superior skills in hand-to-hand combat.

No End N Site

Sagat, Ken & Sakura are not here to hold his hand. stoned

Don't be silly, they are with him in spirit!

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
Solid Snakes bests the Lich King in CQC due to his superior skills in hand-to-hand combat. *Yanks own hair out, rolls on floor, siezes*

ArtificialGlory
Solid Snakes bests the Lich King in CQC due to his superior skills in hand-to-hand combat.

Good luck to him pounding those armoured kneecaps.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Good luck to him pounding those armoured kneecaps. Snake was able to physically best Cyborg Ninja with his CQC.

Cyborg Ninja is faster than lightning as shown when he severed Ocelot's arm, and is class 100 as shown when he stopped Metal Gear Rex.

ArtificialGlory
Snake was able to physically best Cyborg Ninja with his CQC.

Cyborg Ninja is faster than lightning as shown when he severed Ocelot's arm, and is class 100 as shown when he stopped Metal Gear Rex.

I'm pretty sure that Cyborg Ninja was just dicking around since he liked Snake.

NemeBro
No you're wrong.

ArtificialGlory
So maybe LK will have to enfeeble Snake first a bit.

NemeBro
Snake will dodge and parry LK's attacks with the reflexes and speed gained from his CQC training.

ArtificialGlory
Snake will dodge and parry LK's attacks with the reflexes and speed gained from his CQC training.

I am talking about the kind of enfeeble that renders you unable to move or lift your limbs, let alone dodge or parry anything.

NemeBro
Snake will dodge it.

ArtificialGlory
Snake will dodge it.

I don't think you can dodge it. It just happens to you.

NemeBro
If it exists, Snake will be able to dodge it.

ArtificialGlory

Yea, I guess so.

Demonic Phoenix

Can he dodge himself?

If so, HAX.
If not, what you say must be false. mmm

NemeBro
Of course he can, and then hit himself anyway.

Heythere,Honey
I think the fastest LK has reacted to was an arrow from Sylvannas. mhmm

Burning thought
Thats pretty impressive, I think he probably clears it, especially since he gains the previous opponents. I mean a combination of mind raping, enfeeble, and his prison thing he does that stops opponents from moving cant go wrong here.

Super Marie 64
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
I think the fastest LK has reacted to was an arrow from Sylvannas. mhmm

An arrow he split right on the middle with his sword, if I remember what's been said to me correctly. And Sylvanas arrows travel pretty fast.

menokokoro
snake is pretty good, and if it weren't for the incredible defense of the lk, he might actually win. But the lk just surpasses anything, in terms of general defense, that snake has ever encountered.

Then snake would explode when faced with ryu, from what I hear about ryu he might stand a chance, but I don't think so.

Link is gay because everyone thinks he is way tougher than he really is (not starting an argument, just stating my opinion), and he would die real quickly.

Cloud Probably can't get passed his defenses either, depending on the materia he has, especially because ryu would be there too.

samus is ripped apart by the 3 member tag team.

And...with all those people idk if Dante could win...well lets see, cloud would not be much for Dante, from what i hear about ryu he would be about the same, samus would be the easiest for him. Doing all 3 at once with the lich kink there too, that might be too much for him, but I think he could do it.

Then as for the Lich King, he could probably do him in too.

So pretty much, Dante wins the whole thing, but it would be crazy hard for him.

MadMel
So samus gets ripped apart by a 3 member tag team, but dante, who is << samus in raw skill and firepower, MAY have a chance of winning? laughing

Heythere,Honey
Originally posted by MadMel
So samus gets ripped apart by a 3 member tag team, but dante, who is << samus in raw skill and firepower, MAY have a chance of winning? laughing
Maybe its his time hax shit.

Cyner
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
Maybe its his time hax shit.

1) still no, her reaction speed, and actual speed as shown in both the manga and the games is well past fast enough to deal with that

2) even if it did help him to be able to hit her, he would be unable to damage Samus at all.

ScreamPaste
You followed this incredibly flawed statement with:

.....Your post is invalid. Also,

Dante is gay because everyone thinks he is way tougher than he really is (not starting an argument, just stating my opinion), and he would die real quickly. Except I'm not being a douche when I say so. A few of the people below him would take him solo, with the LK and all of them together Dante eats a bag of dicks if the LK gets that far.

BloodRain
Such hate, tut tut.

Anyway depending on what Link it is LK may stop there.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
Such hate, tut tut.

Anyway depending on what Link it is LK may stop there. Meh, his comment annoyed me. I think my response was appropriate. /Grouchy.

MooCowofJustice
Indeed, his desire to not start an argument seemed insincere. At the very least he required better phrasing.

BloodRain
Fair enough but doubt it was done in spite.

Main shift in balance; how does Link beat LK, Ryu and Snake?

ScreamPaste
Ryu and Snake aren't much of an issue, depending on which Link this is, LK himself could go down pretty hard to laser beams. biscuits But really it comes down to Link having great magical defense and more feats. Snake's, well, Snake. no expression Ryu's better than Snake, but not quite on the level of power it'd take to put Link down or give LK the opening to win. (One sword strike and down goes Ryu.) Also depending on the incanration used, light arrows.

Cyner
Originally posted by menokokoro
cloud would not be much for Dante, from what i hear about ryu he would be about the same, samus would be the easiest for him. Doing all 3 at once with the lich kink there too, that might be too much for him, but I think he could do it.

I just read this, my mind was blown on how much wrong there is in the bolded sentence.

Rapidash
Unless they can fight spirits, Lich King can easily seal each opponent into his blade and harvest the strength of their soul to his own- Empowering him although needlessly if spirits can not be fought.

The Scenario
Samus can and has shot ghosts before. Coverns, for example. Also, I'm pretty sure the Light Beam will help with the reanimated stuffs and probably the LK himself.

Nephthys
To be fair, Link really is fanwanked to death.

*runs from fandom orgy of HATE*

Rapidash
Originally posted by The Scenario
Samus can and has shot ghosts before. Coverns, for example. Also, I'm pretty sure the Light Beam will help with the reanimated stuffs and probably the LK himself.

The link says they consist of skulls. While ghosts, it does not give me the impression of them being spirits in a spiritual way. Makes them seem like physical spirits and not ethereal.

Cyner
Originally posted by Rapidash
The link says they consist of skulls. While ghosts, it does not give me the impression of them being spirits in a spiritual way. Makes them seem like physical spirits and not ethereal.

See Chozo Ghosts, and Phantoon

Rapidash
That's Samus then. How is her resistance to telepathy, soul crushing and magic?

Cyner
That's Samus then. How is her resistance to telepathy, soul crushing and magic?

A being that was crushing the psyche's and devouring the souls of four planets at once... she fought him one on one and prevailed.

See: Gorea

Rapidash
When I read about Gorea, it does not seem to be anything on if he use these abilities against Samus. While I trust you in that he has them, the site does not describe him using it against her.

In the battle it seems like he used the abilities he stole and fought her with those instead of soul crushing and telepathy.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Nephthys
To be fair, Link really is fanwanked to death.

*runs from fandom orgy of HATE*

This

Cyner
When I read about Gorea, it does not seem to be anything on if he use these abilities against Samus. While I trust you in that he has them, the site does not describe him using it against her.

In the battle it seems like he used the abilities he stole and fought her with those instead of soul crushing and telepathy.

When you first arrive he steals the souls of the hunters who get there before you. He then later uses the same attack against you but cannot steal Samus' soul so he merely damages her.

as far as his telepathy, it doesn't seem like he ever uses a telepathy based attack against Samus but maybe it just doesn't work on her... idk. Same way Ganon can't BFR Link at the start of any fight. Her suit is apparently super ridiculous with it's protection.

Magic exists in the metroid verse and from what's hinted, magic and science combinations are responsible for the Chozo's incredible technological marvels.

After a quick search (i'm playing City of Heroes as well as posting) I found that this guy: http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Mogenar
uses magic attacks.

Edit: I'm sure there are a lot more enemies that do, but unlike Scenario i'm lazy as hell.

Ridley_Prime

Yeah, probably a result of PIS.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Cyner

as far as his telepathy, it doesn't seem like he ever uses a telepathy based attack against Samus but maybe it just doesn't work on her... idk. Same way Ganon can't BFR Link at the start of any fight. Her suit is apparently super ridiculous with it's protection.

Or its just not a feat because theres no power used or indication of resistance. Assuming the character did not use it because their opponent is immune is lulzy. Its as bad as the whole "link is protected because Ganon did not use power A or B on him!"

Cyner
Originally posted by Burning thought
Or its just not a feat because theres no power used or indication of resistance. Assuming the character did not use it because their opponent is immune is lulzy. Its as bad as the whole "link is protected because Ganon did not use power A or B on him!"

Except that when Zant easily defeated Link, Midna and a Light Spirit with his TK, he did not do it again after Link had acquired the Master Sword... I think the creators of these games SOMETIMES know what they're doing.

Burning thought
I think they do, they know when not to crush their hero just because they want to keep the powers of their characters consistant. They also know when to point out resistance or immunity to a certain power when its actually there, they dont assume that every necessery PIS moment will be grasped by the fans as a reason for a sudden invulnerability to a power.

point being if Samus did not actually have said powers used on her, then its not a feat....same with Link.

Nephthys
Agreed.

The Scenario

Yeah, but I doubt sailors have four skulls. The manual just says that they're souls. Here's a scan, for reference.

As for defense, there is, of course, Gorea. Granted that most of it is lore, there's this:

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Alimbic_Lore#Alimbic_Pride_01

Gorea attacks six guys who aren't Samus:
RFy1k-SVReo

Please excuse the quality, it's the best I could find. That same attack does very little to Samus. At one point point Samus' ship has to intercept a telepathic message for Samus, as she apparently can't recieve them.

Now, magic is harder, but I suppose Mogenar will have to do.

FANrjOZBn9E

Specifically, his rune covered magic hands, though there are a few other such attacks.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Bryyo_Data#Decline

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Bryyonian_Golem#Mogenar-class_War_Golem

Reptilicus also blast Samus with magic, though it's less common.

NemeBro
Hm. Rapidash actually posted in this thread. Neat.

HAI RAPIDASH. =D

ScreamPaste
Yeah, came in here to argue and got distracted. O:!

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Burning thought
This

Yeah, you'd better run.

Rapidash
Hm. Rapidash actually posted in this thread. Neat.

HAI RAPIDASH. =D

Hai happy

Heythere,Honey
Ryu and Snake aren't much of an issue, depending on which Link this is, LK himself could go down pretty hard to laser beams. biscuits But really it comes down to Link having great magical defense and more feats. Snake's, well, Snake. no expression Ryu's better than Snake, but not quite on the level of power it'd take to put Link down or give LK the opening to win. (One sword strike and down goes Ryu.) Also depending on the incanration used, light arrows.
W/C LINK R U USIN???

ScreamPaste
Hai happy Stay awhile? big grinOriginally posted by Heythere,Honey
W/C LINK R U USIN??? Dunno. OP wasn't specific. So, I just generalised.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by The Scenario
Samus can and has shot ghosts before.

Those ghosts can be killed with conventional weaponry. The only reason the Space Pirates had trouble killing them was because they didn't have X-Ray vision.

XanatosForever
Samus's Power Beam is hardly "conventional" weaponry.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Samus's Power Beam is hardly "conventional" weaponry.

It's no different from what the Pirates have. Let's not forget that the ghosts can be killed with missiles.

MooCowofJustice
Actually it is very different from what they have. That's why they made shitty copies of her weaponry in MP1.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Actually it is very different from what they have. That's why they made shitty copies of her weaponry in MP1.

The only difference is that Samus can charge her weapon. It's no different from Pirate guns and those used by marines in Metroid Prime 2 & 3.

MooCowofJustice
Actually they are also stated to be less powerful. 'cause the Pirates don't have anything on Chozo tech.

Don't recall Marines ever shooting Chozo ghosts.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Actually they are also stated to be less powerful. 'cause the Pirates don't have anything on Chozo tech.

Don't recall Marines ever shooting Chozo ghosts.

Damage and effect-wise.

MooCowofJustice
Except that I don't believe the Pirates ever shot the ghosts. They didn't develop copies of Samus' weaponry until later in the game.

Cyner
lolSin

No her weaponry is hardly conventional even for Metroid-verse standards.

Chozo tech is magic and science, Samus' powersuit while obviously having no place to store such a thing, runs on an unlimited energy source. Her Missiles are pure energy converted into concussive force missiles... The power suit is a part of her biology. The Pirates have nothing that can compare. They couldn't fight the ghosts at all. Also remember where you got the X-ray visor from in the game... you get it from the Pirates!!!

lrn2metroid scrub.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Cyner
lolSin

No her weaponry is hardly conventional even for Metroid-verse standards.

Chozo tech is magic and science, Samus' powersuit while obviously having no place to store such a thing, runs on an unlimited energy source. Her Missiles are pure energy converted into concussive force missiles... The power suit is a part of her biology. The Pirates have nothing that can compare. They couldn't fight the ghosts at all. Also remember where you got the X-ray visor from in the game... you get it from the Pirates!!!

lrn2metroid scrub. This, also, Lol@Sin basing his entire argument on how a weapon an NPC uses in gameplay looks.

LLLLLink
Samus, without a doubt. no expression
Be specific about which Link, as half of them would win and the other half, not so much. LttP is a safe bet, however.

Also, Link has had his mind read before, fyi.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Samus, without a doubt. no expression
Be specific about which Link, as half of them would win and the other half, not so much. LttP is a safe bet, however.

Also, Link has had his mind read before, fyi. Never with the MS, and I can't recall an actual mind read ever happening, all that happened was Zelda sent him a telepathic message.

LLLLLink
Never with the MS, and I can't recall an actual mind read ever happening, all that happened was Zelda sent him a telepathic message.

smile
You're wrong. The Poe guy in OoT read Link's mind.
Although, the Mask of Truth may prevent a mind read. Gossip Stones no longer "peer into your mind" while you wear it.

Sin_Volvagia
This, also, Lol@Sin basing his entire argument on how a weapon an NPC uses in gameplay looks.

Not funny mad

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by LLLLLink
smile
You're wrong. The Poe guy in OoT read Link's mind.
Although, the Mask of Truth may prevent a mind read. Gossip Stones no longer "peer into your mind" while you wear it. The Poe guy also said if he looked as good as Link he could be a prostitute. no expression

LLLLLink
The Poe guy also said if he looked as good as Link he could be a prostitute. no expression

OoT: Not a kiddie game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.