Quan Chi vs Kain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
The ancient vampire has entered the sorcerer Quan Chi's fortress in place of Subzero.. who was seduced by Sareena, as Quan Chi dreaded facing the ice ninja again.

The sorcerer asks who Kain is and why he has come. Kain introduces himself but states that he does not know why he is here. Suddenly, his eyes briefly glow, and he knows that he must have the shiny trinket around Quan Chi's body to give him even more power and spells than he's ever dreamed of.

Quan Chi quietly states to himself that Kain will be his newest *cough*bi@tch*cough* servant from now on. The vampire hears this. He shouts and tries to attack Quan Chi with his claws. Quan Chi, startled by the vampire's shout, jumps back & proposes an alliance, but the vampire's eyes glow once again as he shouts and attacks again. Quan Chi, starting to feel fear, jumps back moar. Not wanting to risk Kain shouting at him again, he draws his two broadswords.

Kain, seeing this as hostility, tries to control Quan Chi's mind, but it does not work. He then tries to use his Blood Shower spell, but sees that it too does not work on Quan Chi. He soon finds out that none of his spells work on Quan Chi, as well as the mist. Realizing that his opponent must not be human, he gets extremely worried and draws his sword.

Will the sorcerer's necromancy, black magic, and martial arts be enough to save himself & the amulet, or will Kain overcome his fears of facing a non-human opponent, and complete his conquest?

If Kain wins, he gets to keep Sareena for a week and do whatever he pleases with her, much to Quan Chi's dismay.

Burning thought
So you have disabled Kains powers but allowed Quanchi all of his? spitey?

That said, Kain teleport kicks Quanchi in the face or just walks through any damage Quanchi attempts with ease and strangles the man to the ground.

Ridley_Prime
Well, Quan can't open up a Soulnado or use the powers of the amulet against Kain. There, happy?
link-rape

Quan Chi has a teleport kick too, or teleport stomp rather. How does Kain "walk through" Quan Chi's eerie glowy green skull attacks? Come on quanchi112, gimme your support! 313

Burning thought
Yeh but I doubt Quanchis has thousands of tonnes of PSI behind it. And Kains shown resistant to magic that could warp a region that consisted of mountains, beasts etc, green "skulls" unless they have thousands of tonnes of PSI force behind them are hardly going to be a threat. You said Quanchi in this match was immune to Kains powers but not that Kain cannot create a repel shield so Kain can technically simply reflect all of Quanchis spells back.

Demonic Phoenix
No, he said that none of Kain's spells work on Quan Chi, not that Quan Chi is immune to Kain's offensive spells.

Ergo, Kain's pathetic Repel Shield won't work as well, since it is being used against Quan Chi.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
He soon finds out that none of his spells work on Quan Chi, as well as the mist. Realizing that his opponent must not be human, he gets extremely worried and draws his sword.

Did anybody else get and enjoy the subtle hint that I got from this?

Bravo, sir, bravo.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
No, he said that none of Kain's spells work on Quan Chi, not that Quan Chi is immune to Kain's offensive spells.

Ergo, Kain's pathetic Repel Shield won't work as well, since it is being used against Quan Chi.

"work on", hence theres nothing working on Quanchi, its working on Kain and against Quanchis spells so please dont bring your ignorance into this smile

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
He soon finds out that none of his spells work on Quan Chi, as well as the mist.
Originally posted by Burning thought
"work on", hence theres nothing working on Quanchi, its working on Kain and against Quanchis spells so please dont bring your ignorance into this smile

"none", hence theres no spells that work, period, doesn't apply to only offensive spells on Quanchi so please dont bring your ignorance into this smile

Ask the TC if you want.

Burning thought
"work on Quan Chi", re-read. Repel shield works on Kain.

If the point of this thread is to get Kain to fight a sorceror with only physical abilities then it could have been made a little clearer.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Did anybody else get and enjoy the subtle hint that I got from this?

Bravo, sir, bravo. Indeed, brought a tingle to my pickle.

Ridley_Prime
Glad y'all liked it.

Yeah, I guess I should have been a little clearer, although Quan Chi has the ability to nullify certain powers anyway. Example being when he freed princess Kitana from the RAGE. If he can diminish Dark Khan's RAGE from someone, he would naturally be able to nullify Kain's spells even easier, whether they be offensive or defensive.

Burning thought
Depends if he has done so, or whether or not this particulour power was simply formed to combat "RAGE". Is this spell ambigious? or does it clearly define its use?

Ive only played older MK games, only one of note with Quanchi was when he had some kind of amulet from Shinnok who was apprently a fallen Elder God or w/e.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Interesting fight

I am going to Quan Chi on this one since he is the most powerful sorcerer of the Netherealm, and has access to all sorts of unknown spells while being able to "counterspell" Kain's magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.