John Constantine Vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Prep battle, of course.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4115/172653-174643-john-constantine_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/1315513-123_thor__first_thunder_2_large.jpg

amnesia
John is good, but Loki is like Doom with magic instead of tech.

Prep-Man
John is dirtier than Doom and has access to magic and spells. He's defeated his devil and First of the Fallen.

amnesia
Loki plays dirty, very dirty. And he is probably the most cunning marvel villain.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by amnesia
Loki plays dirty, very dirty. And he is probably the most cunning marvel villain.

True, but can he outprep the most cunning man in DCU? I'd place my money on Constantine over Doom.

amnesia
Originally posted by Prep-Man
True, but can he outprep the most cunning man in DCU? I'd place my money on Constantine over Doom.

You do seem to prefer DC though roll eyes (sarcastic)

Prep-Man
It's not my fault Constantine is a tricky bastard. Loki is too, which is why it would be an interesting matchup.

tideoftime
Hmmm...

Well, I personally wouldn't go so far as to say Constantine can outprep Doom (that is *just* a touch of psycho-talk going on there), but if prep'd, he certainly could give even Loki a run for his money.

My answer keeps flipping, so I'll say a general split, with circumstances playing too big a role in who gets over on whom... if prep'd, but some "quick and dirty" stuff plays out, then Loki for a clear majority; if Constantine has his bat-light flying, then he can get clear wins on Loki, perhaps even trapping him in a recursive occlusion of his own making (where Loki eventually realizes that -- in one manner or another -- his status as a Trickster God often failing against Thor is, in fact, all part of the "trap" John has him placed in)...

That'd be a good "What If...?" story, come to think of it...

Lord_Talron
good matchup. really good.

Omega Vision
Constantine. If he can utterly embarrass the triumvirate of Hell with his wits he can deal with one Norse God of Mischief.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Constantine. If he can utterly embarrass the triumvirate of Hell with his wits he can deal with one Norse God of Mischief.

John is dirtier than Doom and has access to magic and spells. He's defeated his devil and First of the Fallen. yeah, but only because they're either stupid or bound by absurd codes of conduct that constantine explores, loki does as he pleases. He has access to a lot more resources, casually travels between dimensions to deal with high end demons on their turfs and has a lot more raw power and versatility. In a contest to outwit and outtrick a third party and get away with it, loki would fare much better with his superior resources and manipulation power. In a prep conflict against each other, loki would bring down his power and stomp his ass.

Constantine is a better character from a better book, but while he is quite an interesting trickster, loki is the god of mischief. He's been tricking gods and demons since before constantine's bloodline was an itch in his greatgrandfathers balls.

Besides, vertigo universe is more gritty and realistic than 616 marvel. The scale and flare of magic and its effects in the real world are much smaller.

Loki takes this.

iceman24567
Loki ftw only reason his plans don't work is because he's a villain

Endless Mike
Loki has been outsmarted by Thor before. He'll probably think he has Constantine's plan figured out and then has him trapped, but it's actually Hela or someone in disguise, and then she kicks Loki's ass.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
yeah, but only because they're either stupid or bound by absurd codes of conduct that constantine explores, loki does as he pleases. He has access to a lot more resources, casually travels between dimensions to deal with high end demons on their turfs and has a lot more raw power and versatility. In a contest to outwit and outtrick a third party and get away with it, loki would fare much better with his superior resources and manipulation power. In a prep conflict against each other, loki would bring down his power and stomp his ass.

Constantine is a better character from a better book, but while he is quite an interesting trickster, loki is the god of mischief. He's been tricking gods and demons since before constantine's bloodline was an itch in his greatgrandfathers balls.

Besides, vertigo universe is more gritty and realistic than 616 marvel. The scale and flare of magic and its effects in the real world are much smaller.

Loki takes this.
Loki is a bit of a failure though. His attempt at destroying Earth's heroes ended up backfiring and creating the Avengers.

amnesia
Loki is a bit of a failure though. His attempt at destroying Earth's heroes ended up backfiring and creating the Avengers.

Because in the 60's prepping wasn't very sophisticated.

Omega Vision
Because in the 60's prepping wasn't very sophisticated.
That's seriously your argument?

amnesia
That's seriously your argument?

Well your in a bad mood.

Loki is a bit of a failure though. His attempt at destroying Earth's heroes ended up backfiring and creating the Avengers. Well he is a villain in thor's book (a fantasy world where good must always triumph against evil). Constantine is the protagonist of his own book, so it's not that fair to hold them by the same standards demanding final victory.

King Castle
Loki should win i an equal prep battle... john in a comics with one sided prep could screw with loki, if loki didnt know he was being screwed with..

Prep-Man
John has a crap load of resources as well. Hell, he can even hide his presence from Loki. And Loki does seem to be a failure.

Galan007
Loki puts a death hex on John's cigarettes.

King Castle
due to being a villian same as Doom and every other villian minus the ones who get what they want just to do it and then reverse it like thanos due to this trait he succeeds b/c he will right everything afterwards.

anyways... you might as well apply it to every god villian to grace comics... like mephisto, darkseid.. etc etc.. "they lose b/c in comics they have a history of losing"facepalm

sarcasm by the way. crabby reasoning there king Saturn.

Prep-Man
Doom actually has some very good feats, though and he's up against the smartest man in comics. Does Loki have anything on Doom's level?

Allankles
The villain "loses" in the long run but succesful villains have long lived victories or permanent ones e.g. Darkseid (taking over Earth on 3 different occasions and transforming it into Apokolips, ruling over it for over a decade on two occasions), or Sauron destroying Numenor through treachery.

Galan007
Doom actually has some very good feats, though and he's up against the smartest man in comics. Does Loki have anything on Doom's level? Gesturely turning Bor (Odin's daddy) into snowflakes?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007
Gesturely turning Bor (Odin's daddy) into snowflakes?

Even though that seems impressive, Bor doesn't have many feats to his name?

amnesia
I love Constantine though, he is greatness.

Even though that seems impressive, Bor doesn't have many feats to his name? Constantine's foes do? other than being outwitted by him?

King Castle
no.. king saturn aka prep man is extremely bias when it comes to DC characters...uggh

Prep-Man
Really? How can you tell? big grin BTW, I used to be X-Men biased.

I actually thought they could take the JLA to school.

beast1234
John Constantine is fread in hell even the ancient demon(the fallen angel) fear him due to his cunning. They are different types of cuninng abilities such has lying,manipulating events,persuadeing people,machinations,pranks. You do not need to be a skilled liars to cunning. Loki is much more better when it comes to manipulating events he has being doing this for thousand of years he orchestrated the events when Thor killed his grandfather Bor. That what Loki does he pulls pranks and manipulating events but he does it on a larger scale. John on the other hand is con arist the best con artist are skilled oratories they are able to win the heart of they victims they also skilled in turning the truth to they advantage John has shown most of these skills. It depend on types of cunning they are trying to do.

Really? How can you tell? big grin BTW, I used to be X-Men biased.

I actually thought they could take the JLA to school. Depending on the line up they could, but their average ones wouldn't. Phoenyx, however, could solo almost any formation of the JL

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
Depending on the line up they could, but their average ones wouldn't. Phoenyx, however, could solo almost any formation of the JL

This was my lineup back in the day:
Professor X > Superman
Psylocke> Aquaman
Storm > Flash
Sunfire> Martian Manhunter
Magneto> Green Lantern
Rogue> Wonder Woman
Wolverine> Batman

What do you think?

This was my lineup back in the day:
Professor X > Superman
Psylocke> Aquaman
Storm > Flash
Sunfire> Martian Manhunter
Magneto> Green Lantern
Rogue> Wonder Woman
Wolverine> Batman

What do you think? You got wolverine right at least. Magneto could take a lot of green lanterns down too. The rest is indeed crap.

Lord_Talron
magneto soloes biscuits

Originally posted by Lord_Talron
magneto soloes biscuits hellzyeah he does Happy Dance

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
You got wolverine right at least. Magneto could take a lot of green lanterns down too. The rest is indeed crap.

Xavier can indeed mind rape. Superman has been affected by TP before.

AsbestosFlaygon
Supes T-Vo's his a$$.

Back on topic. Anyways, good match-up. One of the better match-ups as of late.
Seriously, this could go either way.

Xavier can indeed mind rape. Superman has been affected by TP before. he can, problem is speed blitz

amnesia
Originally posted by 753
he can, problem is speed blitz

Would it be in character for superman to speed blitz a crippled guy?

Would it be in character for superman to speed blitz a crippled guy? good one

OneDumbG0
Even though that seems impressive, Bor doesn't have many feats to his name? Bor tormented early humanity on Earth according to Odin. Bor can also one-shot normal Thor. If you want to arbitrarily dismiss Odin's and Thor's statements as hyperbole, Bor still pushed Odinforce Thor far more than the Destroyer armor even did. And that's straight-up on-panel.

Bor also BFRed and cursed the Disir into being disembodied spirits. And their power is such that if anybody that says their name outloud, they're instantly killed.

Reflassshh
Constantine wrecks.

DarkRaiden
Loki stomps hard.

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
Loki stomps hard.

panthergod
John makes Loki look like an amateur.

DarkSaint85
Constantine wins

Golgo13
Constantine easily.

Werewolf582
Constantine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.