Gorilla Grodd vs Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
pure h2h forum rules apply.

Luke sees Grodd rampaging and assumes he escaped from the zoo.. he approaches and is shocked to find out he talks...

Omega Vision
Grodd

Prep-Man
Grodd destroys him.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Grodd destroys him. thumb up

whats grodds str level at?

KingD19
Let's not forget, Cage has taken beatings from Hulk, Wonder Man, Korg, etc... and kept going.

Stoic
In a pure h2h Luke Cage mauls him, but if there are psi assaults involved Grodd wins, with ease.

King Castle
pure h2h..

Prep-Man
Grodd has been punted across the united states and still kept on going. he has a pretty good healing factor and is fast enough to stop the Flash in his tracks. He would take a majority, IMO.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/flashv247kebbin16.jpg

Lord_Talron
thumb up grodds awesome

Prep-Man
Some more pics.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/FlashV2193-05NastyNat.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/FlashV2193-14NastyNat.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/FlashV2193-17NastyNat.jpg

King Castle
i some how doubt luke put in grodds position would be effected by that flash back in the day...facepalm2

grodds excuse was he is a gorilla...

plus also in the same era as that pic gorilla grodd was squeezing flash with all his might to crush him...

so i guess flash has super durability as well with resisting being crushed by a gorilla

Prep-Man
Back in that day, Flash hits were comparable to a small star. So, no.

King Castle
yeah, if he werent holding back and went by hyperbole... same for hulk smacking guys like DD and spidey.. and his punches able to rock a galaxy.

Prep-Man
In many instances, he wasn't holding back against Grodd.

King Castle
he always hold back unless you think grodd can take superman lvl imp punches and whatnot anyways... i like this pic

http://www.misterkitty.org/extras/stupidcovers/gorilla3.jpg

Prep-Man
Grodd's taken some very hard punches.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/tenchi_fl211_p05.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/tenchi_fl211_p06.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/tenchi_fl211_p10-11.jpg

BTW, Fallout's blasts were strong enough to disintegrate solid metals. Yet, Grodd was able to take the punishment. Don't hate.

Lord_Talron
love the scans.

thats some pretty impressive damage soak by any standards

Stoic
What about the Batman debacle?

King Castle
and all this doesnt take away that in the same era grodd is barely above a fellow gorilla.. although monsieur Mallah was killed by grodd he showed that gorilla isnt that far above his natural gorilla strength nor durability he was able to rock grodd and give it his best shot..

at best grodd is partially above mallah and natural strength of a gorilla..

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8190/307321-130097-monsieur-mallah.jpg

Prep-Man
Do you have the scan? BTW, I've seen Grodd take blows from Batman before, so one instance doesn't make it the majority.

King Castle
grodd and like most DC characters stats are a joke.. only die hard DC fans go out of the way to deny and reject the constant inconsistency of the company and stories.

Lord_Talron
a human punch shouldnt be able to hurt a regular gorilla, much less grodd

Prep-Man
Grodd going on a rampage:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/flashv2178kebbin12.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/flashv2178kebbin13.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/flashv2178kebbin14.jpg

Geoff definitely amped Grodd's strength and telepathy.

King Castle
that is barely a noticeable feat not even close to a 20 tonner feat.

Prep-Man
More damage soak:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/flashV2194-14NastyNat.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/flashV2194-15NastyNat.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Flash/flashV2194-17NastyNat.jpg

King Castle
again.. the way flash is operating in those scans luke would be fine in that fight..

you are tryin to pass CIS/PIS as a legitimate power and ability to grodd.

Prep-Man
laughing out loud Your hate for Grodd shows! Grodd wins.

Lord_Talron
dont forget, as an ape grodd is more agile and fast than cage can ever hope to be

King Castle
true..

i dont hate grodd,,,, i just get tired of a certain person passing an inconsistent character and attributing abilities to the character rather then cis and pis..

tell me how many times has flash blitz punched a peak human? how many times did they die or get ko'ed? lets look at slade.

would you use flash punching slade as him having superman durability?

no, so why try that sh#$ on the ape

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
dont forget, as an ape grodd is more agile and fast than cage can ever hope to be

True, Flash has always been cautious. Even surprised about his speed.

Lord_Talron
considering that flash has to put him down before he telepathically assaults him, he has to hit him harder than hed hit most

Prep-Man
Grodd has always had high damage soak.

Lord_Talron
being punched so far and only being k-o'd is insane damage soak no matter how you look at it

King Castle
high damage soak ala punisher for his meta lvl stats,, that doesnt mean he cant be worked and beaten by some one who is suppose to be in his weight class...

the way i look at gorilla grodd he is about twice of what roland desmond is.. that is it.

Prep-Man
being punched so far and only being k-o'd is insane damage soak no matter how you look at it

Also being kicked off a cliff by the Joker. laughing out loud Plus, his senses, durability, and strength faaar exceed normal gorillas. Thanks to the meteor.

Lord_Talron
i think its supposed to be an alien space ship now, but i got that from wikipedia erm

King Castle
gorilla grodd doesnt even have the strength to damage luke internally and get past the impervious skin..

Lord_Talron
why not? you hit him hard enough his internal organs are gonna bang around no matter how tough his skin is

Prep-Man
i think its supposed to be an alien space ship now, but i got that from wikipedia erm

Space ship? I thought it was the same meteor that gave Hector Hamond his powers and Vandal.

Prep-Man
King Castle is just hating. Gorilla Grodd's always been formidable.

Lord_Talron
Space ship? I thought it was the same meteor that gave Hector Hamond his powers and Vandal. wikipedia says that was retconned, altho idk how truthful that is currently

King Castle
why not? you hit him hard enough his internal organs are gonna bang around no matter how tough his skin is luke has taken gas main explosions, hulk and other high end brick punches regularly and even a repulsor blast as well if we want to consider every attack being maximum setting since that is the logic being used on grodd... so luke has some pretty impressive feats

Prep-Man
wikipedia says that was retconned, altho idk how truthful that is currently

Meh, I can't keep up with all these changes.

Lord_Talron
im just quoting science for ya (for example in a car wreck your seat belt stops your body from moving thru the windshield, but it doesnt stop your internal organ's forward momentum); but if you want on panel proof take a look at wwhulk giving wolverine brain damage.

King Castle
i've noticed only guy in the forum that will post retconned history regularly and try to pass it off as a consistent still usable feat for a character that usually bn lowered to more usable story telling lvl hell even using nothing but hyperbole as a feat..

Prep-Man
??

Lord_Talron
??

did you just get instantly drunk or something? drive by retardation? that sentence makes no sense

King Castle
im just quoting science for ya (for example in a car wreck your seat belt stops your body from moving thru the windshield, but it doesnt stop your internal organ's forward momentum); but if you want on panel proof take a look at wwhulk giving wolverine brain damage. one character feat is not usable for another character..

you know this.. logan is still squishy with different powers over luke..

luke has harden skin and different overall powers that adamantium scalpels are needed to operate on him.

maybe, maybe not we dont know lukes actual physiology nor how dense it truly is... technically luke should have died every time he walked into a fire due to inhaling and searing his lungs.

again we dont use other characters weaknesses or feats and place them on another as to why he would be injured especially when sharing vastly different powers

Lord_Talron
true, but luke should be a normal human internally. i hate it when feats disregard science when theres no reason they shouldnt wtfawe

Konton
Originally posted by King Castle
grodd and like most DC characters stats are a joke.. only die hard DC fans go out of the way to deny and reject the constant inconsistency of the company and stories.

Because Marvel is ever so consistent?

Comics in general are inconsistant. You're just being butthurt because Cage is getting wrecked by a lame villain 10/10.

King Castle
but, if we use real world science the same would apply to grodd.. to why he should have bn ko'ed with a single supposed one ftl punch blitz...

Flash simply reduced his speed to a saver lvl that he hope would ko grodd and not explode his head. hence grodd does not have superman lvl durability nor damage soak.

also grodd would more then likely be ko'ed b4 luke if u look how easily bullets do puncture him.. his skin is soft as his bones are far less dense and should allow for luke to ko him with a 20 tonner punch.

Lord_Talron
laughing out loud

but hes not lame ahah

Prep-Man
Grodd is just as dense. And more energy protected.

King Castle
grodd is not as dense never has bn.. he has bn punctured by "bullets"!!!

Prep-Man
And he has easily taken lasers and bullets. So there.

King Castle
yes, an energy blast isnt always equal to a bullet and vice versa,,

luke has the better durability feat.

luke can take bullet consistent as well as lasers and other energy blast.

Omega Vision
Their durability is about equal but Grodd is at least 2-3 times as strong as Cage but more likely more likely 5 times as strong.

I'm interested how you can match Grodd against Thing and then match Grodd against Luke Cage. Are you trying to prove something Shadow?

Lord_Talron
but, if we use real world science the same would apply to grodd.. to why he should have bn ko'ed with a single supposed one ftl punch blitz...

Flash simply reduced his speed to a saver lvl that he hope would ko grodd and not explode his head. hence grodd does not have superman lvl durability nor damage soak.

also grodd would more then likely be ko'ed b4 luke if u look how easily bullets do puncture him.. his skin is soft as his bones are far less dense and should allow for luke to ko him with a 20 tonner punch. cage is supposed to have superhumanly durable skin. where as grodds durability has never been stated to be merely such. also; some more science, grizzlies have been known to survive multiple gunshots to the head or heart because their physiology is so different from humans and they are incredibly more durable. gorillas iirc have been shown to be superhumanly resistant to bullets IRL as well. not to mention no human should be able to k-o much less hurt a gorilla with a punch/kick. and grodd is no regular gorilla.

also, grodds incridibly more agile and has a much longer arm wreach than cage

Prep-Man
same with bears.

King Castle
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Their durability is about equal but Grodd is at least 2-3 times as strong as Cage but more likely more likely 5 times as strong.

I'm interested how you can match Grodd against Thing and then match Grodd against Luke Cage. Are you trying to prove something Shadow? i never matched grodd with thing.. i went into the thread and said ben crushes grodd's hand and shatters his teeth with the 1st punch a few seconds at the most is how long grodd last in a h2h with thing.

i even said i let it go that some ppl think grodd is a 50 tonner brick when i personally think he barely has 10 tonner feats..

but i didnt want to argue it..

Omega Vision
^Let go of your hate. There is some good left in you.

King Castle
cage is supposed to have superhumanly durable skin. where as grodds durability has never been stated to be merely such. also; some more science, grizzlies have been known to survive multiple gunshots to the head or heart because their physiology is so different from humans and they are incredibly more durable. gorillas iirc have been shown to be superhumanly resistant to bullets IRL as well. not to mention no human should be able to k-o much less hurt a gorilla with a punch/kick. and grodd is no regular gorilla.

also, grodds incridibly more agile and has a much longer arm wreach than cage i was thinking about the bear comparison and didnt want to use a real life animal science example for the bullet durability thing and a comic gorilla..

but now that you brought it up are you saying grodd on panel showing has him being below a real animal?

think about it..

this is even worse for grodd since luke would ko back hand a gorilla or a bear..

Omega Vision
You're not even trying to hide that you're lowballing. I love it.

Lord_Talron
im not sure exactly what you are getting at, but im saying that this is what regular gorillas are capable of and then stating that grodd is above regular gorillas

King Castle
i am not lowballing... how strong do you think grodd really is what strength feat does he has that a 10 tonner like spidey hasnt shown to replicate or exceed?

what about lukes own strength feats and striking power?

King Castle
im not sure exactly what you are getting at, but im saying that this is what regular gorillas are capable of and then stating that grodd is above regular gorillas by how much do you think grodd is to a gorilla and what particular feat do you have in mind?

Omega Vision
i am not lowballing... how strong do you think grodd really is what strength feat does he has that a 10 tonner like spidey hasnt shown to replicate or exceed?

what about lukes own strength feats and striking power?
There's a big difference between lifting a car and lifting a car then throwing said car with such force that it smashes through an apartment building and then travels through said building and breaks out the otherside without having lost any apparent momentum.

A huge difference. Throwing a 2 ton vehicle like a baseball is way about Spider-Man's level.

King Castle
as oppose to a guy like sabretooth who back hands a car and sends it through a wall or one hand nonchalantly holds up a bomb bay blast door?

uggh

KingD19
why not? you hit him hard enough his internal organs are gonna bang around no matter how tough his skin is

Just to clear this up....Luke is almost, or just as durable inside as he is out.

Ant-Man snuck in his body when he was still working for Osborn...he tried to grow and all Luke got was an upset stomach. Ant-Man couldn't grow or he would die...then Luke sh*tted him out.

Omega Vision
as oppose to a guy like sabretooth who back hands a car and sends it through a wall or one hand nonchalantly holds up a bomb bay blast door?

uggh
That's not nearly the same. The amount of force required to toss a two ton vehicle completely through a ****ing apartment building without it losing momentum on the other side is staggering, easily a Class 100 feat.

Not that I really expect you to acquiesce.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by KingD19
Just to clear this up....Luke is almost, or just as durable inside as he is out.

Ant-Man snuck in his body when he was still working for Osborn...he tried to grow and all Luke got was an upset stomach. Ant-Man couldn't grow or he would die...then Luke sh*tted him out. are you sure this wasnt just bendis being his usual shit self? sneer

KingD19
Probably...but it still happened, and since it's the only instance where his insides have been directly attacked, it count's.

On top of that, like I said, the guys taken beatings from Hulk, WonderMan, Korg...and his insides have been just fine.

Lord_Talron
for an established character doesnt something have to be done 3 times for this forum to regard it as a legitimate feat? i seem to remember digi or pr confirming that

KingD19
Well that's the only time his insides have been attacked. But if he was going to be internally damaged by outside force..it would have been by people stronger than Grodd. Like Hulk and Simon.

r0nm0n88
saying lukes inner body will be damaged from a punch from grodd is a weak argument. Like already stated, he has taken blows from vastly strong opponents and had his insides undamaged. I think it is clear marvel has shown cage to be doth durable inside and out.

now for the fight. grodd would win. I put them in around the same ball park with durability, strength is a hard call( since grodd is all over the place) but i would still say grodd is stronger( using his higher end feats). Now the speed department is where grodd takes the real edge. His speed and agility out class cage by to much. Cage will be beaten.

Lord_Talron
thumb up

King Castle
do you guys remember the moment where luke and ironfist fought deadpool and cable?

Luke ripped off an entire tech wall equipment and even tossed it through the roof ceiling?

IF was all like stop destroying my equipment!! your putting my insurance premium through the roof!! luke was all but you dont have a roof!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.