Versus Special: Nintendo Battle! Mario Versus Omni-Link*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
Alright, so I've had this idea mulling around my brain for a bit, and now it's out in the open. Scream, you can shoot me later.

Link uses the Triforce wish to gather all of his incarnations into the infamous Omni-Link, and now he wants to challenge Mario for the crown of Nintendo and the right to be Miyamoto's favorite child.

Omni-Link, for those unaware, is the amalgamation of all Link incarnations throughout the Legend of Zelda franchise. He gets all items, weapons, spells, etc. from his games. To solve the problem of carrying so much stuff, the power of the Triforce allows him to summon an item instantly. His starting equipment is the Master Sword and a boomerang.

Mario, since he's Mario, and thus has never been anything other than Mario, gets all his weapons and items from his games, all kept in the hammer space of his overalls. Mario's starting equipment is his hammer and a fire flower.

Fight takes place in a three-tiered pocket universe consisting of:

1st Tier: Final Destination (Melee). Mario and Link start here, brought in a la Smash Bros. If either combatant is knocked off stage, they will arrive in

2nd Tier: Hyrule Fields. The open plains of princess Zelda's kingdom is open for battle! However, out on the field is a large green pipe, which leads down to

3rd Tier: World 1-2 (Subcon). Navigating the blocky labyrinth adds a new dimension to the battle. Falling into any pit traps will send the combatants back to the 1st Tier.

*brought to you gay_rage

TheAuraAngel
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/10/500x_ds_lite_cat.jpg

Seriously, uber much? I'll throw my hat to Mario since he likely has more powerups from being in more games. Hardly know about either. And Link is of course, prohibited from wishing him away right?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Alright, so I've had this idea mulling around my brain for a bit, and now it's out in the open. Scream, you can shoot me later.

Link uses the Triforce wish to gather all of his incarnations into the infamous Omni-Link, and now he wants to challenge Mario for the crown of Nintendo and the right to be Miyamoto's favorite child.

Omni-Link, for those unaware, is the amalgamation of all Link incarnations throughout the Legend of Zelda franchise. He gets all items, weapons, spells, etc. from his games. To solve the problem of carrying so much stuff, the power of the Triforce allows him to summon an item instantly. His starting equipment is the Master Sword and a boomerang.

Mario, since he's Mario, and thus has never been anything other than Mario, gets all his weapons and items from his games, all kept in the hammer space of his overalls. Mario's starting equipment is his hammer and a fire flower.

Fight takes place in a three-tiered pocket universe consisting of:

1st Tier: Final Destination (Melee). Mario and Link start here, brought in a la Smash Bros. If either combatant is knocked off stage, they will arrive in

2nd Tier: Hyrule Fields. The open plains of princess Zelda's kingdom is open for battle! However, out on the field is a large green pipe, which leads down to

3rd Tier: World 1-2 (Subcon). Navigating the blocky labyrinth adds a new dimension to the battle. Falling into any pit traps will send the combatants back to the 1st Tier.

*brought to you gay_rage

If this weren't a Nintendo-only versus thread, I'd give you a RAGE seal of approval.
313_rage

MooCowofJustice
<--- bets on Mario via extra items. Though both do have a lot of gear that does the same thing. Giant Mask Link vs Giant Mushroom Mario and Minish Cap Link vs Mini Mushroom Mario GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

Also, Link already has infinite space. His pockets contain a whole dimension to store things in.

ScreamPaste
Thread sucks. raver Though the way you set it up is awesome, Mario has multiversal gear. Unless you ban that, this is just spite. o_o

XanatosForever
mmm That's a good point, that multiverse stuff is a bit overpowered...so I'll accept your suggestion. Multiverse, and universal powers are banned.

Yes Aura, this means no Triforce wishing away, and no Purity Heart. Most everything else still stands, though. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
If this weren't a Nintendo-only versus thread, I'd give you a RAGE seal of approval.
313_rage

Well someone already did an uber spitey version of this. I figures since both characters have extreme amounts of history, they might have a decent match-up. The Scenario (lolpun) is only the coincidence (read: genius) of Miyamoto creating both characters.

The Scenario
Well, uh. I'm not too sure about this one. Each has a ton of stuff that does the same thing and can cancel out, but I'd probably give Mario the edge with RPG items.

Edit: lolpuns is the reason I chose this name.

Sin_Volvagia
Can Mario stop time? If not, he loses.

XanatosForever
I believe it's been said he can, and if he can pull it out of his pants fast enough, he could likely use it.

I see the beginning of the battle being fairly Smash Bros.-ish, with Mario gimping Link off of FD. Once they're on the fields, though, it's anybody's game. laughing

ScreamPaste
Mario does have a time stop, so does Omni-Link. They basicly have all the same tools, the difference is, unless you ban a lot of his shit, Mario has omniversal powers. Link seems to have more combat feats, but Mario once lifted a castle, so yeah.... Link's displayed durability more often, unless I'm forgetting feats, but lifting a castle is one of those insane/stupid durability feats. Link is faster, both have invuln/timestop/weapon of smitiness, wishing, ect. This thread is epic, and still sucks. D:<

LLLLLink
Nintendo character battles much?

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Mario does have a time stop, so does Omni-Link. They basicly have all the same tools, the difference is, unless you ban a lot of his shit, Mario has omniversal powers. Link seems to have more combat feats, but Mario once lifted a castle, so yeah.... Link's displayed durability more often, unless I'm forgetting feats, but lifting a castle is one of those insane/stupid durability feats. Link is faster, both have invuln/timestop/weapon of smitiness, wishing, ect. This thread is epic, and still sucks. D:<

When you say omniversal, do you mean multiversal, Nintendo omniversal, or all-of-fiction omniversal?

Phanteros
Mario can stop time in 1000 year door, also with Pure heart.... Its a stomp in his favor.

LLLLLink
Link has the power of the Goddess of Time, plus more.

Btw, there are at least four OmniLinks in this fight thanks to the Four Sword.
Also, Triforce/WishMario is allowed? no expressionUh..... how about never again?

XanatosForever
No omnipotent, multiversal, or even universal items are allowed. Seriously, both of these guys have more than enough crap as it is. erm

LLLLLink
No omnipotent, multiversal, or even universal items are allowed. Seriously, both of these guys have more than enough crap as it is. erm

How come Link has to be the one to wish this fight to happen? You prejudice against Mario or something? stick out tongue

XanatosForever
Not at all. I just think Miyamoto is the kinda ******* father who'd pick favorites, and who's been his best little gigolo for the past few decades? 313 Not Link, I can assure you that.

LLLLLink
Not at all. I just think Miyamoto is the kinda ******* father who'd pick favorites, and who's been his best little gigolo for the past few decades? 313 Not Link, I can assure you that.

Marth? ^_^

Jk....

XanatosForever
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Marth? ^_^

Jk....

Now don't start that again! mad /Jungle Book

LLLLLink
Lol. It's cuz he doesn't fight for his friends.

XanatosForever
Nope. He fights for his country. Real patriot, that Marth. 131

LLLLLink
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0804/sympathy-ike-radiant-dawn-path-of-radiance-fire-emblem-super-demotivational-poster-1207618822.jpg

XanatosForever
What's that sword he's got? Doesn't look like Ragnell.

LLLLLink
What's that sword he's got? Doesn't look like Ragnell.

Perhaps its just an Iron sword or something? Dunno, but Ragnell is beast.

MooCowofJustice
That is Ettard.

LLLLLink
Hector was still the coolest. And most broken.

XanatosForever
Why thank you, 5L. stick out tongue

MooCowofJustice
Actually Brom is the coolest.

Rural tank ftw.

LLLLLink
Why thank you, 5L. stick out tongue

Is your name Hector? It is, isn't it? big grin

Hector will choke the life out anyone, WITH HIS BARE HANDS!!!

XanatosForever

LLLLLink
Do you have blue hair? CAN YOU STRANGLE PEOPLE?! gay_rage

XanatosForever
Mayyybe. shifty stick out tongue

LLLLLink
link-rape

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.