Black Bolt Vs World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WhiteWitchKing
Black Bolt has won every fight against the Hulk. So how does the true Black Bolt do against World War Hulk?

Scenerio: After seeing the destruction brought about by WWH and the defeat of the Sentry, a serious Black Bolt joins the fight with intent ending WWH's rampage. WWH is refresh tho.

guy222
WWH wins

iceman24567
WWh 7/10

r0nm0n88
if cis and pis are off BB should win. A couple full power screams would win it for him, now if its BB in character im thinking Hulk wins

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by guy222
WWH wins

Gecko4lif
BB wouldnt have to scream.

Room level talking would win it for him.

Tattoos N Scars
The Scream would be the only was BB would win. His masterblow wouldn't do anything but piss Hulk off.

psycho gundam
the skrulls are quite adept at creating simulacrum heroes, don't expect a huge difference in power from the original.

Warlord
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Black Bolt has won every fight against the Hulk.

he has?

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the skrulls are quite adept at creating simulacrum heroes, don't expect a huge difference in power from the original.

Not really. :-/ They created a Galactus copy, but he didn't do much of anything but look big.

Mshinu
Boltagon takes Hulkie Boy apart.

Naija boy
Probly Hulk given his healing

Bouboumaster
Hulk would stomp Blackagar Boltagon (what a KICK-ASS name, btw!)

Nihilist
Black Bolt destroys him.

Warlord
BB could just fly out of reach and scream as long as it takes to kill Hulk

Placidity
Don't mess with Black people.

janus77
Hulk wins.

The Nuul
BB

Bentley
Hulk.

rotiart
The copycat skrulls during invasion seemed every bit as potent as the ones they copied...

For example reeds clone defeated reed
The captain marvel one was every bit as powerful as captain marvel himself and didn't even know he was a skrull

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Warlord
he has? I believe so.Besides WWH.

A serious BB wanting to kill?He can beat WWH/

Gecko4lif
Bb is 3-0 vs hulk

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'd love to see a Pak Hulk take on a Jenkins Black Bolt. Wank overload.

I'm pretty sure that it was revealed during the Secret Invasion Inhumans mini, that the Skrulls were only beginning to learn the capabilities of Black Bolt's voice and where it's power came from etc. so I'd assume that the Black Bolt Skrull which was already created a while back, would be a fair bit less powerful. At least when it came to the voice.

Stoic
WWHulk

rotiart
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'd love to see a Pak Hulk take on a Jenkins Black Bolt. Wank overload.

I'm pretty sure that it was revealed during the Secret Invasion Inhumans mini, that the Skrulls were only beginning to learn the capabilities of Black Bolt's voice and where it's power came from etc. so I'd assume that the Black Bolt Skrull which was already created a while back, would be a fair bit less powerful. At least when it came to the voice.

Really? I didn't realize that. Assuming you are right then it wouldn't really be fair to use the wwh vs skrull

BruceSkywalker
WWH ftw

King Castle
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Not really. :-/ They created a Galactus copy, but he didn't do much of anything but look big. dont forget the skrullverine that died from a gut stab.. wink

and all the low powered versions of the superskrulls that were getting owned and where fodder

Creshosk
If the "skrulls are almost as good as the original" argument were true, skrulls wouldn't be used as the "We didn't really kill off this character, it was a skrull!" scapegoat.

psycho gundam
other than the fact they're dirty skrulls of coarse

janus77
WWH survived a scream powerful enough to break off a Rhode Island size chunk of the moon. all it did was annoy him.

Skaar absorbed the kinetic energy of his WBH continent destroying steps and channeled it into a punch, and he shook that off without much trouble.

I think BB would die of an aneurism before he'd even come close to topping out Hulk's durability/hf /regen (that's if there is a limit).

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by janus77
WWH survived a scream powerful enough to break off a Rhode Island size chunk of the moon. all it did was annoy him.

Skaar absorbed the kinetic energy of his WBH continent destroying steps and channeled it into a punch, and he shook that off without much trouble.

I think BB would die of an aneurism before he'd even come close to topping out Hulk's durability/hf /regen (that's if there is a limit).
Is that a joke?

BB ripped a hole in the universe far larger than the solar system

Get. The. ****. Out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How do you know that scream only annoyed Janus? It was off panel as I recall and the initial whisper clearly hurt Green Scar but his crazy damage soak allowed him to bounce back in moments.

As I understood it, Skaar aided the moving of the tectonic plats, absorbing that energy. Not sure if he absorbed the kinetic energy of Hulk's foot steps directly. He might have absorbed the energy of the tremors they were creating. That scene wasn't 100% clear.

janus77
How do you know that scream only annoyed Janus? It was off panel as I recall and the initial whisper clearly hurt Green Scar but his crazy damage soak allowed him to bounce back in moments.

As I understood it, Skaar aided the moving of the tectonic plats, absorbing that energy. Not sure if he absorbed the kinetic energy of Hulk's foot steps directly. He might have absorbed the energy of the tremors they were creating. That scene wasn't 100% clear.
the effect was off-panel. it's stated in the following comic that a chunk the size of Rhode Island was blown off by BB.

The comic it self shows Hulk grabbing BB after his initial attack, telling him to scream. and then shows him holding the limp SrkullBolt.

no, Skaar was absorbing the "kinetic energy" of the plates, generated by Hulk's steps. That's why the continent didn't fall into the sea, Skaar absorbed the energies. Skaar prevented that from happening. part of the symmetry of the battle was Skaar saving innocents from the WBH aftershock at the start and then Hulk saving them from Skaar's rashness at the end (the sand propping up that building).

janus77
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Is that a joke?

BB ripped a hole in the universe far larger than the solar system

Get. The. ****. Out.
god you must lead a sad life, to get so angry over such a trivial thing.

you compound it by being wrong, but that at least offers me amusement.

carry on smile

Gecko4lif
god you must lead a sad life, to get so angry over such a trivial thing.

you compound it by being wrong, but that at least offers me amusement.

carry on smile
No. Not really.

Rage.Of.Olympus
the effect was off-panel. it's stated in the following comic that a chunk the size of Rhode Island was blown off by BB.

The comic it self shows Hulk grabbing BB after his initial attack, telling him to scream. and then shows him holding the limp SrkullBolt.

no, Skaar was absorbing the "kinetic energy" of the plates, generated by Hulk's steps. That's why the continent didn't fall into the sea, Skaar absorbed the energies. Skaar prevented that from happening. part of the symmetry of the battle was Skaar saving innocents from the WBH aftershock at the start and then Hulk saving them from Skaar's rashness at the end (the sand propping up that building).

Okay. How do you know that Hulk shrugged off that scream? Hulk was holding a beaten down Black Bolt after the actual battle.

The comic clearly states that Skaar is using the Old Power to move the tectonic plates, and he then absorbed the energy of the tremors. Nowhere was it stated that Skaar was absorbing the direct kinetic energy of Hulk's footsteps. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything in that comic.

Black bolt z

I think BB would die of an aneurism before he'd even come close to topping out Hulk's durability/hf /regen (that's if there is a limit). It was whisper...Originally posted by janus77

no, Skaar was absorbing the "kinetic energy" of the plates, generated by Hulk's steps. That's why the continent didn't fall into the sea, Skaar absorbed the energies. Skaar prevented that from happening. part of the symmetry of the battle was Skaar saving innocents from the WBH aftershock at the start and then Hulk saving them from Skaar's rashness at the end (the sand propping up that building). Exactly.

He says he wants to hear him scream.It didn't say he did scream.

bbrem123
WWH seems pretty much impossible to KO....dont think BB can win without bfr

janus77
Okay. How do you know that Hulk shrugged off that scream? Hulk was holding a beaten down Black Bolt after the actual battle.

The comic clearly states that Skaar is using the Old Power to move the tectonic plates, and he then absorbed the energy of the tremors. Nowhere was it stated that Skaar was absorbing the direct kinetic energy of Hulk's footsteps. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything in that comic.
the tremors are what I am talking about. he takes away the energies, leaving the continental shelf stable, whether he did it to save people or to use as an amp...

as to the scream, the fact that he brushed off the first attack (which didn't have much effect on the environment) and that he beat the crap out of the skrull, combined with the stated level of damage of the skrull's attack (obviously not the first attack)...

Rage.Of.Olympus
the tremors are what I am talking about. he takes away the energies, leaving the continental shelf stable, whether he did it to save people or to use as an amp...

as to the scream, the fact that he brushed off the first attack (which didn't have much effect on the environment) and that he beat the crap out of the skrull, combined with the stated level of damage of the skrull's attack (obviously not the first attack)...

Again, the shifting of the plates, is directly attributed to the Old Power. I guess it's logical to assume Hulk contributed to that effect to some extent, but it would have to be largely Skaar's doing or at least ignorance on that guy's part. But I took the scene as Pak explaining to us what was happening.

How does Hulk being blown away all bloody and shit by a whisper -albeit he bounced back- support the stance that he shrugged off a full on scream?

janus77
Again, the shifting of the plates, is directly attributed to the Old Power. I guess it's logical to assume Hulk contributed to that effect to some extent, but it would have to be largely Skaar's doing or at least ignorance on that guy's part...
you misread it, it was an explanation of how Skaar was saving their arses.

The Govenor is informed that Skaar is tapping into the tectonic plates, absorbing the energies placed there by the tremors (source and origin point being Hulk's three steps, as depicted), then Reed jumps in with the calculaton.

as depicted, it is Skaar who prevents the whole are from going into the sea by taking out the energies of the tremors ("moving the plates"wink, using it to attack The Hulk (also note the "That's right" uttered by Skaar as he absorbs Hulk's energies by way of the tremors).

Rage.Of.Olympus
you misread it, it was an explanation of how Skaar was saving their arses.

The Govenor is informed that Skaar is tapping into the tectonic plates, absorbing the energies placed there by the tremors (source and origin point being Hulk's three steps, as depicted), then Reed jumps in with the calculaton.

as depicted, it is Skaar who prevents the whole are from going into the sea by taking out the energies of the tremors ("moving the plates"wink, using it to attack The Hulk (also note the "That's right" uttered by Skaar as he absorbs Hulk's energies by way of the tremors).

Thought the scene was pretty clear personally:

http://thumbnails32.imagebam.com/9267/d9bfb092663008.jpg

srug

Like I said -in the other thread at least- I'm assuming Hulk's steps were accelerating the process -hence Skaar's statement- but Hulk's steps were only helping the process Skaar was intending to start with the Old Power. Moving the plates. The movement of the plates caused the kinetic energy Skaar needed. I didn't see the movement of the plates attributed to the Hulk.

I guess people can have different interpretations.

janus77
Skaar wasn't _creating_ the energies, nor was he responsible for their being there. it's about your idea that he somehow moved the plates and created those energies which he absorbed. they were the tremors resulting from Hulk's three steps.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Can you not read?

The scientist clearly says it was Skaar who was moving the plates using the Old Power.

I'd need Pak's word -i.e. back tracking- to change my mind on such a very straight forward scene.

Stoic
I can't truly say what happened as you both have very compelling arguments, Until Janus suggested it however I have to be honest, I thought the same thing that Rage thinks. All I can say for certain is that the Hulk was hit with 100 trillion tons of force, and was able to shrug it off. My question here is can Black Bolt exceed this amount of force? Is this the same amount of force that he hit Vulcan with when they fought? I can only imagine that if Skaar hit Vulcan with 100 trillion tons of force that he would look like a bunch of mini raviolis.

WW Hulk wins this IMO.

psycho gundam
hulk wins anyway

darthgoober
Originally posted by rotiart
The copycat skrulls during invasion seemed every bit as potent as the ones they copied...

For example reeds clone defeated reed
The captain marvel one was every bit as powerful as captain marvel himself and didn't even know he was a skrull
IDK man...

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/MsMarvel28MrShepherd-Meganpg07-1.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/MsMarvel28MrShepherd-Meganpg08-1.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/MsMarvel28MrShepherd-Meganpg09-1.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/MsMarvel28MrShepherd-Meganpg10-1.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/MsMarvel28MrShepherd-Meganpg11-1.jpg

Warlord
or maybe we should remember they even had a Galactus skrul. if it was even half as powerful as Galactus...

guy222
WWH

MrMind
wwh beat the crap out of him. bb is going to end up worse than that fake bb skrull

Black bolt z
Unless this is out of character BB i'm going to said hulk.He would still probably never talk at room level much less scream in character.

Colossus-Big C
hulk could thunderclap more force than his sound

Damborgson
The real Black Bolt. Not that skrull imposter. Fight to the death both will use their abilities to their full extent. Who wins? Fight is on Earth.

Gecko4lif
Blackbolt. Easily.

cdtm
Blackbolt. Easily.

Disagree.

Black bolt, very easily.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by cdtm
Disagree.

Black bolt, very easily.
Aw sorry my bad

Transmaniacon
Black Bolt stomps puny hulk

vansonbee
There no measure of how strong BB voice is, I can say one thing for sure, Sentry didn't want to fight BB.

I say Hulk for now, because Skrull could be equivalent or better (who knows)?

The Sorrow
He is durable enough to take Blackbolts voice this isn't Savage Hulk anymore.

Hulk wins

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by vansonbee
There no measure of how strong BB voice is, I can say one thing for sure, Sentry didn't want to fight BB.

I say Hulk for now, because Skrull could be equivalent or better (who knows)?

Original bb = Million mile hole in time and space
Skrull = part of a moon

Equal?

Right....

vansonbee
Original bb = Million mile hole in time and space
Skrull = part of a moon

Equal?

Right.... Instead of time and space remark, can you bring up a scan or if someone can vouch him?

Ya, I don't know everything about BB.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by vansonbee
Instead of time and space remark, can you bring up a scan or if someone can vouch him?

Ya, I don't know everything about BB.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb9.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb10.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb11.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb12.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb13.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb14.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb15.jpg

JakeTheBank
If WWH closes the gap, which isn't unlikely, he could end it.

vansonbee
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb9.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb10.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb11.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb12.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb13.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb14.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_bb15.jpg How sad, I recently read this too, but I never interpreted the time space antic.

Pretty much any thread with BB, is auto win for him, unless they can tank it or manipulate it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Blackbolt. Easily. Originally posted by cdtm
Disagree.

Black bolt, very easily.
You can't possibly believe that. Especially after the way Black Bolt has been handled recently.

I'm a big Black Bolt fan but the safest bet imho is Green Scar. At least in a comic.

Gecko4lif
You can't possibly believe that. Especially after the way Black Bolt has been handled recently.

I'm a big Black Bolt fan but the safest bet imho is Green Scar. At least in a comic.
I havent checked out resurrected bb yet

Rage.Of.Olympus
I havent checked out resurrected bb yet

He's become too much of a one trick pony in current Marvel. Besides an electron blast, it's all about his voice. It's even worse since the resurrection this year. His voice I wager is going to be really nerfed and his used it in the only three actions scenes his head. The voice is supposed to be a last resort, similar to the God Blast imo.

Black Bolt's best chance to put Hulk down at this point is his voice, and even before his death, I'm not sure he has the power. Green Scar's just strength and damage soak is just too up there.

Gecko4lif
The one scene of him ive seen is him killing a bunch of kree

Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC, there was the tentacles, some aliens and the throne room scene. Black Bolt should be an incredibly tough mother without the voice. Use it too often and it has to be nerfed. Just the way comics work.

quanchi112
WW Hulk wrecks him.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, current Bolt isn't anything to brag about which is a shame as BB should be handled as a pretty open ended upper-mid tier character. If I handled the Inhumans/Bolt, I'd tease the voice a few times, but maybe actually only use it like...once, perhaps twice during my run, assuming it was a ongoing with at least 20+ issues or something.

Nihilist
Blackbolt destroys WWH

psycho gundam
lol, hulk breaks his neck

rotiart
That scan look like they are saying a bomb went off and not black bolt

psycho gundam
iirc, there was a weapon designed to utilize his voice as a power source, and he overloaded it with that yell.

i have to look at war of kings again

psycho gundam
looked over that same issue

that bomb had the power of several bb shouts since it was about to overload before bb yelled "NOOOO!" right in vulcan's face, melting him to a near skeletal state. the machine was at critical after that so it can take the power from an enraged shout and still function, of coarse the next one pushed it over the edge and booom!

all in all, one black bolt shout didn't do that.

Gecko4lif
looked over that same issue

that bomb had the power of several bb shouts since it was about to overload before bb yelled "NOOOO!" right in vulcan's face, melting him to a near skeletal state. the machine was at critical after that so it can take the power from an enraged shout and still function, of coarse the next one pushed it over the edge and booom!

all in all, one black bolt shout didn't do that. Even if it was 100 shouts (even though iirc it was 3-4) thats still millions of miles of damage per shout

psycho gundam
nothing really stops things in space however, so you really can't quantify such a thing

what you are overlooking however is this:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/bb7.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2089/incrediblehulk39815.jpghttp://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5096/incrediblehulk39816.jpg

now hulk can take a hell of a lot more and not even have a mark to show for it, even if he couldn't simply heal the damage nigh instantaneously and then use that to get stronger so.....

psycho gundam
shit, hulk already did that to a skrull-blackbolt anyway. if the real black bolt is 5 times stronger than him (i doubt it) he still might not accomplish much

Gecko4lif
Skinning hulk and skinning an omega level energy manipulator are completely different

psycho gundam
yeah, he wouldn't be able to skin hulk thumb up

Mindset
He'd kill Hulk.

psycho gundam
nah, bb died with vulcan

Mindset
Pssh, yea right.

psycho gundam
i must spread the gospel in this thread also i see

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulkskydaddy.jpg

Badabing
i must spread the gospel in this thread also i see thumb up

guy222
WWH FTW

Stoic
The Hulk wins.

rotiart
I'm so conflicted by the scan. I mean why is a scan of Vulcan getting flayed by black bolt supposed to compare to what black bolt does o hulk. Their hf and durable isn't comparable?

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by rotiart
I'm so conflicted by the scan. I mean why is a scan of Vulcan getting flayed by black bolt supposed to compare to what black bolt does o hulk. Their hf and durable isn't comparable?
What black bolt did is the equivalent of freezing ice man, drowning namor or Electrocuting the shit out of thor

Bouboumaster
Green Scar wins
Hulk (current) absolutly stomp

rotiart
What black bolt did is the equivalent of freezing ice man, drowning namor or Electrocuting the shit out of thor

All it's saying is that there is a limited to the amount of energy or even the type of energy Vulcan can absorb. Different energy types is a weakness of quasars too you know...

quanchi112
What black bolt did is the equivalent of freezing ice man, drowning namor or Electrocuting the shit out of thor No, it really isn't.

psycho gundam
What black bolt did is the equivalent of freezing ice man, drowning namor or Electrocuting the shit out of thor http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/4386/1uh8.th.jpghttp://img511.imageshack.us/img511/837/2yb8.th.jpg

i guess a gladiator two-piece is the equivalent (actually it shits on it) a scream from black bolt + an extended fight.

anyway, i'd like to see where vulcan actually controls bb's electron manipulation power. he mentions it but it doesn't show he can weaken it or anything. he took the shout clean.

cdtm
Well, it's Gladiator. He usually gets underwritten against bigger name characters, but on feats two shotting Vulcan is no big thing..

It's how all his old Hulk and Thor fights should have ended.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.