Metal Gear Solid Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K J H
Sorry if there already been a thread about this im new to KMC

I really like MGS games played them all
my favorites are the first one & MGS 4 Guns of the Patriots
just thought i would put a thread about it and see what other people
made of the games smile

AsbestosFlaygon
I think there are threads made for MGS already posted.

You can search for them using the 'Search' function on top
(Advanced Search > Advanced Option > tick "Search titles only" and "Show results as threads"wink

Btw, Welcome to KMC Forums! big grin

K J H
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I think there are threads made for MGS already posted.

You can search for them using the 'Search' function on top
(Advanced Search > Advanced Option > tick "Search titles only" and "Show results as threads"wink

Btw, Welcome to KMC Forums! big grin

Cheers smile

Thee smit
My personal favourite was mgs 3 but 4 was still an amazing end to the series.

*turns on ps3 to try and complete mgs4 on hardest difficutly

§P0oONY
I've yet to play a MGS game... Shock horror I know.

I'm going to buy the first on the PSN, see if I like it then get the rest if I do.

Scythe

Zack Fair
MGS is just an awesome series.

Solid Snake is my favorite video game character.

Thee smit
What do we all think of mgs rising.

I have a feeling it will be like ninja gaiden but with a decent story and obviously raiden is cool!

However, being a big fan of the stealth aspect of the mgs and snake, i probably will be dissapointed.

Not to mention ps3 has lost yet another exclusive. (i know its not proper mgs but still...)

Aede Madavan

menokokoro
Originally posted by Scythe
The PSP games: Except Peacewalker, are strategy games based around a cardgame style battles. It's waaay different than the console ones. Peacewalker goes back to being a regular MGS game, sneakin' around and it has a jungle setting like the third.
you realize that peace walker is a sequel to another psp game that was not card based right?
which i still need to play....peace walker not mpo

but to answer the question on the forum. mgs is my favorite series, great story, great characters, great director...let me go off on a tangent for a second.

Hideo Kojima is quite possibly the greatest single person in the video game industry, he does not make a game to be "popular" or to make money, he simply tries to make the greatest games possible, the level of research and detail he implements into his games is insane. and he created a team (kojima productinos) to do the same kinds of things, so anything made by this company I will stand by. phew, im done...for now shifty

but the first game is really good, I almost recommend doing what i did, play the second first then playing the first, when you do that you play the first and the second just makes a lot more sense, and you probably wont hate it as much as most people do. but just go in order, play it the way they wanted it to be played. wow, im just a tangent machine. mgs 1 is amazing, featuring the greatest character in any of the games grey fox, the story was solid, the characters were all great, but the gameplay is what might ruin the game for you, i know people that will not play these games because of the gameplay.

The second game was REALLY good, at least to me. Even though the mc was "whiny" and kinda girly, I thought he was frikin awesome. His situation made sense why he was kinda whiny, I mean he pretty much went from playing video games to being in a real life mind f**k that would cause most people to crazy and die there are so many twists in the story to this game it might frustrate you, but I loved it. The gameplay is much better than the fist, but is still kinda rigid, but you learn little tricks along the way, like unequiping a weapon and quickly reequiping it relodes it instead of waiting for the character to do it himself.

The third is by far the best in the series, just because it has easily the greatest cast of characters, very good dialog, the greatest story, and the most easter eggs i have ever seen in a single game. There are some new aspects to the gameplay that make it better still, but it is still pretty much the same gameplay. there are more guns, a lot more, cqc was brought in, adding a little bit to the interesting aspect of the game. and the end just might make you cry...but i didn't *cough* cuz im a man.

sorry for going on for so long, i just think that this series deserves an explanation for each game, well, at least for the playstation console series, im not going to get into the msx games or the portable ones, but you should definitely play both.

No 4 is a very close second to no 3, and that is just cuz i hold the story so much higher than gameplay. mgs4 easily has the greatest gameplay of any of the games, it is actually like a shooter game, but a stealth shooter, it really is amazing. the choice of guns is just incredible, and the customization of most of these weapons just adds that much more. The story is pretty close to no 3 quality, especially the ending, i am not saying anything at all about it. the bosses were....well, HOT! and pretty innovative, well 2.5 of them. raiden is a bad ass in this one (though, still no grey fox if you ask me). there is so much fan service in this game, it will make you want to play the other games again, so don't start on this game whatever you do. so pretty much this game is one big nostalgic stealthy massacre, that is still interesting enough to draw you in like a movie...a REALLY REALLY REAAAALLY long movie.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Thee smit
Not to mention ps3 has lost yet another exclusive. (i know its not proper mgs but still...)

You say that like it's a bad thing. Besides, MGS was never really a PS exclusive. Only 2 games in the franchise were.

menokokoro
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
You say that like it's a bad thing. Besides, MGS was never really a PS exclusive. Only 2 games in the franchise were. it can be a bad thing, but that would start an argument about which is better, the xbox or the ps3, which i do not want to start. so let me just say, as long as the game is made well (it is being made by kojima productions...so yeah, it will be) it wont matter much.

Scythe
Originally posted by menokokoro
you realize that peace walker is a sequel to another psp game that was not card based right?
which i still need to play....peace walker not mpo

Is it? I have no idea, I steered away from the PSP games because I have tried Peacewalker and it just doesn't immerse me into it like past MGS games. In my opinion, I don't think games such as MGS should be on handhelds because the gameplay is better exprienced on a bigger screen. I'm just picky I suppose.

majid86
Ive only played MGS4 & i enjoyed it.
The game has the best cinematography of any game ive played.
Loved the final fight against Liquid

K J H
Originally posted by majid86
Ive only played MGS4 & i enjoyed it.
The game has the best cinematography of any game ive played.
Loved the final fight against Liquid

The last fight with liquid is Awesome bare knuckle battle

The ending reminded me of Vanilla Sky cause of the clouds

Great game smile

majid86
Liquid had a cool gigantic submarine as well

menokokoro
Is it? I have no idea, I steered away from the PSP games because I have tried Peacewalker and it just doesn't immerse me into it like past MGS games. In my opinion, I don't think games such as MGS should be on handhelds because the gameplay is better exprienced on a bigger screen. I'm just picky I suppose. yeah i understand, i think they should have made a full console game of both, but this way is cheaper, and they need to cater to a larger demographic. i just like the idea, because its basically what happened between mgs3 and metal gear, big boss organizing his army (which you can actually do in game, which i thought was really cool) and then organizing outer heaven. and there is some other stuff, that is also really cool

menokokoro
Originally posted by majid86
Liquid had a cool gigantic submarine as well oh man...since that is the only one you have played, you don't even know the significance of the sub. ok, if you liked the story of this game you must play the others. outer haven (the giant sub) is related to a HUGE plot device in all the games.

actually...idk how much you are missing, they said a LOT in mgs4, idk, its been a while since i played it...wish i still had my ps3

Scythe
yeah i understand, i think they should have made a full console game of both, but this way is cheaper, and they need to cater to a larger demographic. i just like the idea, because its basically what happened between mgs3 and metal gear, big boss organizing his army (which you can actually do in game, which i thought was really cool) and then organizing outer heaven. and there is some other stuff, that is also really cool

Yeah, Peacewalker raked me in pretty damn hard. I wanted to pre-order it, and beat it like five times, but then I downloaded the demo for it on my PSP, and I just couldn't feel it. I may, down the road, buy it via PSN to play on my PS3, maybe that'll do it.

majid86
Out of the MGS series ive only played MGS4
Out of the GOW series ive only played GOW3
Out of the DMC series ive only played DMC4
Out of the RE series ive only played RE5

Enjoyed all of them.

menokokoro
What is everyone's favorite joke in any of the mgs games?

Zack Fair
Long live the legendary Solid Snake

gKBoWyQiM30

Scythe

Johnny Sazaki shitting his pants.

menokokoro
Johnny Sazaki shitting his pants. HA! yeah that one is pretty good, and it happens in every game.

my personal favorite is when you call ottocon in shadow moses in mgs4 and he asks about the fight against raven in the tank and he calls you a "bad ass" and "the shit"

menokokoro
AH! was just watching that vid you posted Zack....Why did Kojima have to make such amazing movies? it just makes me want to play them all the time...HA! i said movies, oh well, they pretty much are.

Sin_Volvagia

Solid Snake: This reminds me of when we first met.
Otacon: I was the one inside the locker that time. We're equal now, huh?
Solid Snake: Not unless I wet my pants.
Otacon: That's a low blow, Snake.

NemeBro
Otacon as a character is the greatest joke in gaming.

An otaku ("THIS IS JUST LIEK MAH JAPANESE ANIME!1!) nerdy scientist who pisses himself in his first appearance, who has everyone he loves die. OH, and he had sex with his stepmother which in turn drove his father to suicide, and nearly killing his sister, Emma, who he also wants to has seckz with, and also dies, in the process. Then he enters a gay relationship with Snake. Harharhar.

Zack Fair
Dunno if Otacon wanted to bang her, but Emma was definitely asking for it.

NemeBro
He's Otacon, of course he did.

Emma was hot.

I used to knock her out and do things to her when I was 13.

menokokoro
hmm, this took an unexpected turn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.