Bioshock Infinite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/12/bioshock-infinite-preview/

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/12/video-interview-ken-levine-on-bioshock-infinite/#continued

http://www.destructoid.com/explore-a-decaying-beacon-of-america-in-bioshock-infinite-181261.phtml

There's a trailer in the first link

Nemesis X
I knew there would be a Bioshock game that doesn't take place in Rapture but I wish it wasn't now. The whole city in the sky thing kinda irks me and I don't like how the new Big Daddy looks and those Little Sisters look like minaturized Snow Whites. I don't like this at all. Especially the Plasmid ability to conjure roses.

FinalAnswer
Looks interesting.

And Nemesis, nah.

steverules_2
I like it, the trailer looks pretty good and got me pumped for this....too bad gotta wait till 2012 glare

Nemesis X
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Looks interesting.

And Nemesis, nah.

Don't get me wrong, I said that I'm kinda irked by this. Part of me sees this as an interesting game but like what entertainment companies say "you can't impress everyone." I always saw Bioshock as a franchise always taking place underwater but since this is taking place in the air, I'm trying to adapt from being an amphibian to a bird and I'm sure most of the Bioshock fans are trying to do the same thing.

FinalAnswer
You're waffles.

Btw, the metal gai was not a Big Daddy, and the girl was not a Little Sister. Infact, Infinite is a prequel.

Nemesis X
What does it mean when you call me a waffle?

Yeah I just read the interview and I'm even more confused. This is a Bioshock game and yet the big hulking guys in metal plating aren't Big Daddies and the innocent-looking little girls aren't Little Sisters. This feels wrong.

A prequel? Meh.

FinalAnswer
It means you're a waffle. Dun question it.

That's what she said. But pretty sure Elizabeth is not a little girl. Considering she has, y'know, boobs. =l

Better then whoring out Rapture moar, though I would like one moar game set in Rapture.

Nemesis X
It means you're a waffle. Dun question it.

That's what she said. But pretty sure Elizabeth is not a little girl. Considering she has, y'know, boobs. =l

Better then whoring out Rapture moar, though I would like one moar game set in Rapture.

Fine then.

You got me there but maybe in BI, the "Big Daddies" raise their "Little or Big Sisters" by force and that's why we see one of those brutes taking her away.

I second that.

steverules_2
I think maybe this is what set things up, like the big daddies and little sisters, if you look at the trailer the mechanical thing had a pumping heart so...erm

This is nice cause it's something different and new. I'm guessing this is gonna be kinda how it all began and there's a connection big or small. Most likely a big connection or I'm hoping so anyways, like Andrew Ryan lived there or something. Or the idea's for rapture came from there like Big daddies and little sisters, the idea came from columbia.

Nemesis X
Why isn't the game called Aeroshock? Before the first Bioshock came out and before I saw the trailer and knew the plot, the title made me think of being underwater I kid you not.

BackFire
Trailer looks pretty good. First Bioshock is a masterpiece, so can't wait for this one.

Smasandian
After reading the Levine interview, supposedly this game has no common ground in regards to Rapture and that universe.

It's own separate game. The only reference to Bioshock is the feel of the game aka how the city of Columbia is its own separate character.

In my opinion, it should be called something else because everybody will be confused with the title and assuming its based on Rapture and the first two Bioshocks.

It will be like how Bioshock was a spiritual successor to System Shock 1 and 2 but there's no connection between them.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Smasandian
In my opinion, it should be called something else because everybody will be confused with the title and assuming its based on Rapture and the first two Bioshocks.

It should be called Aeroshock.

Nemesis X
Alright, so the woman in the trailer is neither a Little or Big Sister, she's just some woman with powers. So if kids and guardians are out of the question, what will the moral choices be in the game?

Phanteros
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Alright, so the woman in the trailer is neither a Little or Big Sister, she's just some woman with powers. So if kids and guardians are out of the question, what will the moral choices be in the game? Whether to kick a bum or not.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Phanteros
Whether to kick a bum or not.

Heh. If only that were true.

FinalAnswer
It should be called Aeroshock.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bio-

FinalAnswer
Alright, so the woman in the trailer is neither a Little or Big Sister, she's just some woman with powers. So if kids and guardians are out of the question, what will the moral choices be in the game?

prolly whether or not to kill some whore or help some gai, or release an insane man-blob into the Atlantic or something like that.

But you have to remember, this is all development. Things can take some big changes before the game's finished.

Nemesis X
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bio-

I know what bio means but Bioshock gave me an underwater vibe. It's one of those things that you know what you feel but you can't explain why. Sounds silly I know but just go with it just like how I went with you calling me a waffle.

Zack Fair
I like it. I want it now.

FinalAnswer
I know what bio means but Bioshock gave me an underwater vibe. It's one of those things that you know what you feel but you can't explain why. Sounds silly I know but just go with it just like how I went with you calling me a waffle.

But the difference is, no one cares what you feel or think.

It's called BioShock because the guize are modified with supa powah (Like Plasmids) and that the shock is from messing around with the body or something. Evidently, it still retains that in the game.

Fun Quote I found

RE: Blaxican
America is so awesome.

BackFire
Originally posted by Smasandian
After reading the Levine interview, supposedly this game has no common ground in regards to Rapture and that universe.

It's own separate game. The only reference to Bioshock is the feel of the game aka how the city of Columbia is its own separate character.

It will be like how Bioshock was a spiritual successor to System Shock 1 and 2 but there's no connection between them.

It seems they're going to make Bioshock similar to the Final Fantasy series, in that perhaps each game will carry the moniker but not have anything in common with the last game, aside from a few elements.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
America is so awesome.

If you disregard every other country on Earth.

Nah. If other countries were moar ossum thered be more video games about them

jinXed by JaNx
Unless there is a story branching then it seems cheap to have Bioshock in the title.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
It seems they're going to make Bioshock similar to the Final Fantasy series, in that perhaps each game will carry the moniker but not have anything in common with the last game, aside from a few elements.

Yeah, that's basically what Ken Levine said. He even referenced Final Fantasy.

While I agree that it works with Final Fantasy as of right now, it's because people are used to it.

But with Bioshock, I think it's a bad idea. People will expect that it will be referenced to the the series "Bioshock". It seems that either a. he did this purposefully or b. publisher wanted the name Bioshock for marketing purposes.

It probably won't help that it will play very similar to all the Shock game so people will be extra confused and to me, the name gives out a "we want your money so we named the game very similar to Bioshock 1 and 2 to catch peeps unawares."

I personally don't like the name. It oozes corporateiness.

FinalAnswer

Nah.

steverules_2
Yes I agree this game is looking great

NemeBro
It's looking really good so far IMO.

Also, Elizabeth is hot.

Kazenji

That does'nt make sense...

§P0oONY
Is it wrong that I can't force myself to click on any of the links... and all I want is a youtube trailer posted here (*hint, hint*)... Have I really become that lazy?

NemeBro
Something just occurred to me.

Will the horror element be preserved? I mean... It's in broad daylight and stuff. no expression

FinalAnswer
Resident Evil 5 was in daylight, and was still a horror game.

wait.....

Nemesis X
Screenshot of the Handyman in action:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/07/see-the-first-in-game-shot-of-bioshock-infinite-handyman/

FinalAnswer
haermm2

LOL.

Does that answer your question, Nemebro?

edit-

more scans

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/09/06/exclusive-bioshock-infinite-screens.aspx

Phanteros
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/07/see-the-first-in-game-shot-of-bioshock-infinite-handyman/

............ LOL "big gentleman"

NemeBro

What... What IS this!? haermm

Nemesis X
Originally posted by NemeBro

What... What IS this!? haermm

Something that's not the Bioshock everyone came to know and love?

FinalAnswer
STFU

Nemesis X
STFU

NO U!

FinalAnswer
Nah.

Zack Fair
I liked it.

NemeBro
Dude, the "Handyman" was the funniest thing I have seen in a while. no expression

Smasandian
Is it me or am I the only one who is getting deju vu with this game?

Kazenji

Will the horror element be preserved? I mean... It's in broad daylight and stuff. no expression

you can still do Horror in daylight.......

steverules_2
Plus I doubt it'll be daylight the whole time and when inside it might be dark

Nemesis X
The Handyman is like a mascot you see at the fair. As a child, you'll love it but meet it in a dark hallway when it's bloodlusted, you may want to run.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Kazenji
you can still do Horror in daylight....... Bring up a good videogame example and I may believe you.

Nemesis X
Bring up a good videogame example and I may believe you.

Left 4 Dead 2

FinalAnswer
Left 4 Dead 2

Lol.

Nemesis X
Lol.

I only pointed that out 'cause technically it is a horror game (so says the developers) though it doesn't scare me one bit although you and everyone else in here scared by the game or not is questionable.

NemeBro
Left 4 Dead 2 If you found either Left 4 Dead scary, lol.

ares834

Jesus Christ...

Nemesis X
If you found either Left 4 Dead scary, lol.

Why would I find either L4D scary? L4D obviously belongs in the horror game department even though people find it un-frightening. If you think that when people call a game a horror game and you must think that means they're scared of it, you must not be the brightest bulb in the tree.

NemeBro
A horror game generally implies it is frightening.

FinalAnswer
Why would I find either L4D scary? L4D obviously belongs in the horror game department even though people find it un-frightening. If you think that when people call a game a horror game and you must think that means they're scared of it, you must not be the brightest bulb in the tree.

The question NemeBro asked was basically, what horror game can be successful in daylight areas. For a horror game to be, well, a horror game, it needs to be scary. If people didn't find Left 4 Dead scary, it was not successful as a horror game.

Also, Zombies =/= Horror Game. So, lol stupidpants.

Kazenji
If you found either Left 4 Dead scary, lol.

So now your asking what horror game is scary??

make up your mind.

NemeBro
So now your asking what horror game is scary??

make up your mind. I would have hope you would have been able to work out the meaning behind my words on your own. I see I was mistaken.

I shall rephrase then.

How many games pull off horror WELL in broad daylight?

Smasandian
RE4.

The first village scene was one of the most terrifying sections in any game.

NemeBro
I'd be heavily inclined to disagree.

And that wasn't broad daylight to my recollection? Not like this game seems to be at the least, it was at least partly cloudy. 131

General Kaliero
Resurrecting this.

10 minute gameplay trailer debuts today on Xbox Live and Xbox.com. Hi-res website version is here.

I've gotta say, the game truly looks exceptional. Some of the new ideas they're showing off are incredible, and they're pulling off a more frantic form of scary.

Phanteros
Can't wait to fight the "Guardian"

Nemesis X
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Resurrecting this.

10 minute gameplay trailer debuts today on Xbox Live and Xbox.com. Hi-res website version is here.

I've gotta say, the game truly looks exceptional. Some of the new ideas they're showing off are incredible, and they're pulling off a more frantic form of scary.

Citizens that look almost more frightening than the Splicers from the previous Bioshock games, A plasmid that can conjure flesh eating crows, a wicked transportation system, using TK to make the weapons shoot their wielders, using TK to even catch tank shells, and an agile Big Daddy with a bigger drill? This Bioshock actually looks pretty awesome.

NemeBro
I must admit I may have been wrong about the horror element in this game, and it does indeed look great, not a single thing has been said that I did not like.

Zack Fair
Awesome. I knew it was going to be awesome. I like Elizabeth and hope she doesn't end up dead.

I nearly jizzed when I heard the Big Daddy ROAR!!!!

NemeBro
Elizabeth is hot and has nice boobs.

That is all.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Awesome. I knew it was going to be awesome. I like Elizabeth and hope she doesn't end up dead.

I nearly jizzed when I heard the Big Daddy ROAR!!!!

She seems like an alright character.

Those guys were smart to put the Big Daddy in there. He adds a huge chunk of awesome into each Bioshock game. That is a fact.

That is all.

I concur.

Phanteros
I like the fact you can also use team attacks to combine your abilities . I got a Prince of Persia 08 feel of the characters as well.

ares834
Where did you guys see the Big Daddy? Is it that thing at the end? To me it looked like some robot Dragon.

That is all.
It needed to be said...

NemeBro
The Guardian is for all intents and purposes a kind of Big Daddy, Elizabeth essentially being the Little Sister, but with a twist, in that you have to oppose it to bring Liz back, and while Liz herself wants to be free, she does not want her only friend to be killed, which if you do will presumably make her hate you foreva.

Nemesis X
Okay so the thing isn't a Big Daddy entirely. Awhile ago, I couldn't access the link Kaliero posted. So I went to YouTube to check out the vid and it was so blurry-looking, I confused that thing's wing for a drill and since I just checked the same vid from a different site, I know that it is indeed a wing which saddens me because a larger Big Daddy with a bigger drill sounds a whole lot better than some robo-dragon. By the way, that thing is actually called Him, not Guardian.

Zack Fair
It sounded exactly like a Big Daddy though and that was very cool IMO. I have no problem with it being something else. It kind of has the same purpose being a giant walking death machine.

I agree with the special powers combination. That looks like something fun.

General Kaliero
Something with wings makes sense when your city is several floating buildings. An evolved Daddy for an evolved ideal land.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Real men use jetpacks.

Peach
Resurrecting this.

Blech.

I loved the first Bioshock, but this one is not impressing me at all. The ~quirky~ steampunk floating city (I despise steampunk) and character designs are the biggest turnoffs for me.

BackFire
Looks incredible.

I love that they're making what looks to be their own version of Alyx Vance from Half Life 2 - a persistent partner like that can produce an exceptional payoff if developed well, and I'm sure she'll be developed well.

The physics is blatantly amazing. This early and things move so fluidly, it's unbelievable. The wobbling floating city - the crashing bridge. Very imressive stuff.

The atmosphere already looks outstanding, and the new way powers work sounds great. Also like how the NPC's aren't all just rushing at you constantly.

Looks like another masterwork.

Bardock42
It looks great, I can't wait to play it. The guy talking to himself is a bit silly, but not bad, I don't like Elizabeth so far (especially their exchanges seem rather bland) but perhaps she'd be more endearing in the full game, not that it matters too much, I liked Bioshock 2 and couldn't stand Eleanor Lamb, a character being unlikable doesn't necessarily spoil the fun.

I love the city and things they showed off though. Giggling with excitement.

Allankles
What makes me more eager for this than the other Bioshocks are the NPCs. This time you're not just a lone guy facing generic splicers, the NPC have their own motivations and don't necessarily have to attack you.

The players actions can actually determine who is or isn't an enemy, that's closer to the RPG-like elements Bioshock 1 was promised to have but didn't deliver. Quite honestly I thought it would be Bio 2 that branched out from Rapture, these type of games can't take place in one location or type of location. It would be like Dead Space always taking place in the Ishimura.

Originally posted by Allankles
What makes me more eager for this than the other Bioshocks are the NPCs. This time you're not just a lone guy facing generic splicers,

Yeah, that's one of my main gripes with the first game. It's sooo boring just running around by yourself killing noname splicers all the time.

Quincy
Looks pretty awesome

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Allankles
What makes me more eager for this than the other Bioshocks are the NPCs. This time you're not just a lone guy facing generic splicers, the NPC have their own motivations and don't necessarily have to attack you.

Obviously you haven't gotten far enough in Bioshock 1 to meet Sander Cohen.

General Kaliero
Sander Cohen, who does, eventually, attack you?

Nemesis X
Sander Cohen, who does, eventually, attack you?

Only if you attack him first or interrupt the dance in his apartment.

General Kaliero
Ah yes, I'd forgotten. I killed him for the extra loot.

Phanteros
mGkZUV85WJo

Zack Fair
Miss boobs is cute. So she is giving me permission to kill her if shit hits the fan eh? hot, hardcore and submissive....nice combo 131

ares834
lol She is cute though. Anyway it looks quite good. I like the change in scenery as well.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Miss boobs is cute. So she is giving me permission to kill her if shit hits the fan eh? hot, hardcore and submissive....nice combo 131 Indeed. Kinda want to eat her face. She's adorable.

Game looks pretty cool and shit, fast-paced and whatnot.

Zack Fair
I agree with both of you. The game is looking great. If this baby hits stores in 2012 I am going to kill myself with the number of games being released next year.

NemeBro
I will prolly still be playing Skyrim though, by the time this is out.

Oh have I mentioned how much I am looking forward to Skyrim? Because it is looking absolutely amazing. 131

Zack Fair
It does look amazing, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like Elder Scrolls games.

Kazenji
The creative director talks about the conflict that tears apart the city

m12aNBdhUOI

Phanteros
tXliVehhIkg

game play demo

NemeBro
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS!

Kazenji
The hero has a face

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8925-BioShock-Infinite-s-Hero-Has-a-Face--.html

Phanteros
15 min gameplay.

K2EGC0HQoKQ

Looks like a Call of Duty ripoff.

Kazenji
Then your a fool for even thinking that.

you're*, if you're going to insult someone's intelligence.

Kazenji
Yeah thought as much coming from you.

Nephthys
You're an awful troll Blax.

Bardock42
Looks like a Call of Duty ripoff.

Epic

I'm here all week folks, making Kazenji look silly is an art.

Kazenji
Nah you being a troll is the best thing your good at on this forum.

And you fall for it so well. It's almost unfair.

steverules_2
Oh dear

Seriously, read the comments on that youtube vid you noobs.

Kazenji
So its a Call of Duty rip off to you, just from the comments people are saying about the game erm

steverules_2
Call of duty had people swinging around on tracks and giant mechanical birds?

Kazenji
Oh yeah ....i can see the comparisons now.

Nephthys
I remember this one time in COD when I levitated a group of noobs up into the air and had my busty girlfriend materialise a tank right where they were. BOOM HEADSHOT!

steverules_2
Oh yeah ....i can see the comparisons now.

I guess I missed those parts out when they were talking about the war

Seems I got the ball roling on the comparisons between the two 131

Barker
Bump because this look amazing.

ares834
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/118/1188507/bioshock-infinite-20110817003717015_640w.jpg

I just came.

NemeBro
Wat. haermm

Nephthys
For those not in the know, Revenge of the Jedi was what Return was originally going to be called. Lucas changed it because Return is one letter shorter and so he'd save $900 a year on mercendise.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/The_More_You_Know.jpg

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
For those not in the know, Revenge of the Jedi was what Return was originally going to be called. Lucas changed it because Return is one letter shorter and so he'd save $900 a year on mercendise.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/The_More_You_Know.jpg

I thought it was due to the fact that "Revenge" was out of the question for a Jedi to be doing?

Nephthys
Which do think is more likely?

dadudemon

Since "my" version is what was in the "making of" documentary, I think the answer is obvious.

Nephthys
Haha, sure.

ares834

thumb up

Lucas is only worth 3 billion. He needs that extra $900 every year dammit!

Phanteros
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-2011-bioshock-infinite/724822

Zack Fair
http://data.whicdn.com/images/13567961/jizz-in-my-pants-jewish_large.jpg

Phanteros
VwtK0e3yx9c
Those things look ****ing creepy.

Kazenji
23uGA3linbs

Nemesis X
It's the same video.

Barker
This looks so amazing.

Kazenji
j32lmi2txrs

Kazenji
dS2bO5UD4bg

Kazenji
MOts__QlUHo

Kazenji
BioShock Infinite Delayed until February 26, 2013.

Arachnid1
BioShock Infinite Delayed until February 26, 2013. That sucks, but I'm ok with it. Delayed games just mean better product after all.

Barker
df

Nemesis X

over

Kazenji
It can only be a good thing i suppose, They may have found a shit load of bugs and glitches in the game.

Smasandian
The rumour is that Rockstar told Take Two that GTAV will be ready by Nov and they don't want their two big franchises competing against each other.

Nemesis X
Wimps.

Kazenji
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_292228_thumb_wide620.jpg

Barker
Is that statue really work $70? hmm

No. But I do want that artbook and poster.

Kazenji
bLHW78X1XeE

Nephthys
Is Bioshock Infinite the worst box art of all time?

http://www.destructoid.com/ul/239648-boxart-review-bioshock-infinite/bio4-620x.jpg

You decide.

BackFire
Worst of all time is probably the Arkham City Game of the Year edition.

This one is pretty bad, though. Shame, too. The box art for the original Bioshock was excellent.

Kazenji
I actually don't mind it

its not bad there would have to be far worst ones out there

Nephthys
The link is actually a joke. wink

It is a bit derivative and generic though.

Kazenji
The character also looks like Marty Mcfly's dad.

ares834
It's an awful cover. Not only is it incredibly boring, but it fails to convey information on the game. This is a game where the are floating islands, magic, and robotic dragons and the cover they came up with involves a generic white protagonist (who we don't even see since it's a FP game!) with a gun slung over his shoulder... Ugh.

The link was humorous though.

Peach
It's a boring cover, but it's not bad. It's just not good, either. It does have some pretty serious design flaws (the lines tend to lead the eye off the edge instead of towards the logo like good designs should), but I've definitely seen many, many worse covers.

Very boring, very generic, but far from the worst.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>