Who's the smartest/wisest/most intelligent comic character?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Who has the brains to win?

Mider
who has the most knowledge in ANYTHING is what your asking or are you asking who knows most about science or whatever the person who has more knowledge then anyone i would have to say is Strange behind him would be richards and of course doom and batman then stark then banner im not sure about the rest since i dont know about pym of sasquatch.

Comicbook_kid
Who's the most intelligent in all areas of higher learning...particularly the fields of science!

inamilist
Stephen Strange (Dr. Strange)
Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic)
Victor Von Doom (Dr. Doom)
Bruce Wayne (Batman)
Tony Stark (Ironman)
Hank McCoy (Beast)
Bruce Banner (Hulk)
Hank Pym (Giantman, Antman)
Otto Octavius (Doc Ock)
Walter Langskowski (Sasquatch)
Peter Parker (Spider-man)
Dick Grayson (Robin, Nightwing)
Michael Morbius (Morbius)

my list, bats is a toss up, he could be nearer to the top easily, same with the banner/pym/stark/McCoy combo, they are almost tied imho, same with reed and doom, but there is always the reed force :P

im not sure enough of grayson or morbius to really put them on, but spidey has some pretty impressive engineering feats, so i figured id put him there...

Sixth_Winged
1. Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic)
2. Victor Von Doom (Dr. Doom)
3. & 4. Bruce Banner (Hulk) & Hank Pym (Giantman, Antman)
5. Hank McCoy (Beast)
6. & 7. Tony Stark (Ironman) & Bruce Wayne (Batman)
8. Otto Octavius (Doc Ock)

*dunno where do these two pertain. Walter is supposed to be like banner level but i just haven't seen anythin from him to indicate cept his first experiment which made him sasquatch(later realized didn't work like the way he intended it to be). Peter is supposed to be a genius as well but hasn't lived up to his actual potential due to the fact he became a superhero early on and had to juggle between studying and crimefighting. It's a miracle he at least got a degree in biology. So these aren't actuall on 9th spot and 8th but rather that i couldn't classify them*

9. Walter Langskowski (Sasquatch)
10. Peter Parker (Spider-man)

*these three are smart but i don't really know if you can classify them in that category, Dick's a tactician, Morbius is a doctor and Strange used to be a neurosurgeon. Strange is a prep god only because magic and resources allows him to be that flexible but not necessarily equates on raw intelligence"

11. Stephen Strange (Dr. Strange)
12. Michael Morbius (Morbius)
13. Dick Grayson (Robin, Nightwing)

You need to put some more on DC. I'd say someone like Vril dox(LOH) should probably be around doom or reed's level. Steel should be around tony's, likewise with Ted, etc

Knightfall93
Hmmm... i'm the smartest!

AJ4LIFE
if u can think of any more about smat girl then u will be, back on topic reed is proberly smatest

Knightfall93
Reed annoys me... his puny intelligence is mere stupidity compared to my ultimate genius! Muah ha ha ha haaaaa!!!!

AJ4LIFE
your very confident in yourself arent u

id369
Lucifer (as a human, non Demigod/Angelic powers)

grey fox
Reed owns all of these guy's in the brain department.

WrathfulDwarf
1. Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic)
2. Peter Parker (Spider-man)
3. Bruce Wayne (Batman)
4. Tony Stark (Ironman)
5. Otto Octavius (Doc Ock)
6. Hank McCoy (Beast)
7. Bruce Banner (Hulk)
8. Victor Von Doom (Dr. Doom)
9. Walter Langskowski (Sasquatch)
10. Hank Pym (Giantman, Antman)
11. Michael Morbius (Morbius)
12. Stephen Strange (Dr. Strange)
13. Dick Grayson (Robin, Nightwing)

My Order:

1.Bruce Wayne
2. Tony Stark
3. Reed Richards
4. Hank McCoy
5. Otto Octavious
6. Bruce Banner
7.Victor Von Doom
8.Michael Morbius
9.Peter Parker
10.Dick Grayson
11.Stephen Strange
12. Hank Pym
13. Walter Langskowski

The way I set the order is because both Wayne and Stark work on applied sciences. Meaning, both men are industrialists. Where as #3 to #9 are just scientists. Peter Parker being a student of sciences hasn't gotten his degree. Whereas the others already have their masters.

Bruce Wayne is #1 because his not only an Industrialist but also a Detective. Meaning he knows forensics. Whereas Stark doesn't. If Alan Scott were on the list he would be #1.

Strange is more like mysticism...an independ type of knowledge. Mostly magic..he shouldn't be on the list at all.

bakerboy
Where is professor charles xavier? i think that he deserves to be in that list.

grey fox
Originally posted by bakerboy
Where is professor charles xavier? i think that he deserves to be in that list.

For what ? the mans a damn peace activist , the only notable thing he created was Cerebra....

Spawnrules
Lobo duh

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/3002/lobo0318file61pl.jpg

willRules
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Who's got the most brains in the two universes?

me yes

steverules
Reed was able to make a device that could break adamantium and I don't think thats been done by anyone before, and I think it was him who probably found a way to beat Galactus. But I don't know it might be someone else. Could be Galactus whos the smart one, I don't Will is though.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by grey fox
For what ? the mans a damn peace activist , the only notable thing he created was Cerebra....

Professor X created Cerebro

Beast made Cerebra

Sixth_Winged
Maelstorm, Magneto, Sinister, High Evolutionary, Brainiac 5 should also be here.

the Darkone
1.Thanos/Darkseid/Brainiac
2.Reed Richards/Batman/Bruce Banner/Tony Starks/Dr.Doom/T'Challa

inamilist
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Maelstorm, Magneto, Sinister, High Evolutionary, Brainiac 5 should also be here.

hell, if we are including people like parker then Mysterio and Osborn deserve their respective props smile

Dr.Fate
I'd say in Marvel the all round smartest has to be Dr.Doom without including cosmic guys. I mean dr.doom has magic and technology. I mena dr.strange would have trouble with a ham radio and richards wouldn't even know where to start with eye of newt

JOE NUNEZ
GORILLA GRODD !

the Darkone
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
What the f**k?GORILLA GRODD !

he's not even in the top 5, that's why he got blown out of an air lock in JLU third season.

JOE NUNEZ
hes not even on the list.

Valharu
Who would be the first to find the theory of everything first?
Reed Richards or Victor von Doom perhaps. Thanos mabe. Any takers?

Juntai
What do you mean by find the theory of everything?

bench261
thanos....for all u know he already found it, the guy is like what 5,000 years old?

Valharu
I mean the theory that explains everything. Its called the unified theory.
Stephen Hawkings been working on it for years.

Tshern
Doom just sabotages Reed's plans of working out the theory smile

Juntai
Hal Jordan figured it out in many less, and he's not really all that smart really.

Valharu
Parallax had power to recreate the universe but whos got the smarts to figure it out on a drawing board.

Juntai
Originally posted by Valharu
Parallax had power to recreate the universe but whos got the smarts to figure it out on a drawing board. He figured it out both physically and metaphysically though too, after he died and became Spectre. lol. Kinda cheating though. Also, with Parallax, he had to understand it completely to will it into existance, given the way the Lantern energy works.

But I get you..and I really have no clue who's smartest, lol. I was just messin' around.. Some characters are a lot closer though, simply due to their stature, like Guardians of OA for example, begin to completely understand the universe as children. Outside of all of these character types, it'd probably be Reed.

Valharu
good point

samishe
Professor Xavier is the smartest. He can read thoughts! LOL

leonheartmm
reed richards
high evolutionary
thanos
doom
xavier
maelstrom
magneto
sinister
the contemplater
iron man
korvac

thas about it for the smartest

Juntai
good point thnx

leonheartmm
oh hey lets not forget beast

Valharu
you forgot about Hank Prym

jrodslam
And Hank Pym.

Valharu
Is there anyone in DC who could figure it out?

DarkCrawler
Probably Brainiac. Atom and Alexander Luthor most likely. Mr. Terrific and Batman would have a chance.

Also, people always forget the Leader. I'd rate him higher then Doom or Richards.

jrodslam
Is there anyone in DC who could figure it out?

Probably Atom, Steel, Manhunter, Luthor, Bats, Dr.Midnite, Mr.Terrific, Darkseid etc.

leonheartmm
for dc{from what i know}

martian manhunter
slade
batman
LUCIFER{smartest bastard out there}
the joker
master mind
darksied
{dc had a lot but i just cant seem to remember most right now}

leonheartmm
brainiac, luthor

Valharu
Batman? Are you kidding laughing Im not saying hes not smart because he bloody is but to put him on a pedestal like that is just crazy.
Mathematical equations this complex should send him insane.

samishe
I suggest to change this thread name into "whos the smarta$$".

Valharu
A little commonsense might do your disposition some good evil face

inamilist
Hawking

ive yet to see a comic character with the understanding of theoretical physics that this man has

hell, most of Reed's theories are just bastardizations of what he comes up with :P

nvrbeenwthagirl
I keep hearing about Reed and this rediculous prep power.

So I was wondering who in comics is as smart or smarter than Reed.

My list would include

Ray Palmer
proffesor Ivo
Batman
Batman 1m
Superman 1m
Brainiac From LOS
Thanos
DS
Doom
Forge

Metron

hulk10
Bruce Banner is probably smarter then reed.

Madvillain
remove Batman, Forge, Dr. Doom and Ray Palmer from that list

add M.O.D.O.K, Leader and Apocalypse

Entity
Everyone will jump on my case for this but, I believe that Peter Parker is smarter or at least just as smart as Reed! He just never really had the chance to let his intellect and skills mature to what he could have been as a scientist because of his becoming Spider-man.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Entity
Everyone will jump on my case for this but, I believe that Peter Parker is smarter or at least just as smart as Reed! He just never really had the chance to let his intellect and skills mature to what he could have been as a scientist because of his becoming Spider-man.

No.

Avalonofthewind
Add to that list...

Majestic
Hank Henshaw
Alexander Luthor

Reed's a smart guy. Honestly there aren't many characters in comics smarter than him or even on his level.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Madvillain
remove Batman, Forge, Dr. Doom and Ray Palmer from that list

add M.O.D.O.K, Leader and Apocalypse

Well, Doc Doom is arguably on the same level as Reed.

Also add High Evolutionary

Madvillain
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Add to that list...

Majestic
Hank Henshaw
Alexander Luthor

Reed's a smart guy. Honestly there aren't many characters in comics smarter than him or even on his level.

No.

These guys have genius-level intellect. Reed's intellect is actually Superhuman.

Veldar
This is probably somthing stupid, but I'll go ahead and say it.

Charles Xavier has the ability to be smarter than Reeds... but I think an of-handed technique like, making Reeds practically brain-dead would be in order. Ah... gotta love those telepaths.

Dinalfos
Anyone with superhuman intelligence is smarter. That's quite a lot of folks, actually. However, there aren't too many normal humans who are on his level. I can think of a view, though, but not too many.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I keep hearing about Reed and this rediculous prep power.

So I was wondering who in comics is as smart or smarter than Reed.

My list would include

Ray Palmer
proffesor Ivo
Batman
Batman 1m
Superman 1m
Brainiac From LOS
Thanos
DS
Doom
Forge

Metron

Take Palmer, Ivo, Batman, Brainiac, and Forge off that list, and it's good.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Veldar
This is probably somthing stupid, but I'll go ahead and say it.

Charles Xavier has the ability to be smarter than Reeds... but I think an of-handed technique like, making Reeds practically brain-dead would be in order. Ah... gotta love those telepaths. They did a what if Charles became the Juggernaut and during a fight with a bunch of heroes including the FF he linked his mind with all the greatest minds in the world and came up with a cure for the FF in a few minutes, it was pretty damn funny.

Darth Macabre
Gear from Static Shock..... no expression

The Weather God
Did everyone forget about Beast?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Take Palmer, Ivo, Batman, Brainiac, and Forge off that list, and it's good.

Palmer IVo and Batman def belong on the list. They could outthink Reed or keep up with him if they had to. Brainiac is Superior to Reed. He is a 12th lvl intellect amongst a race of genious who all share thier knowlege every night.

hunbu04
Oracle from birds of prey is smarter than reed

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by hunbu04
Oracle from birds of prey is smarter than reed

Um no, just no.

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Palmer IVo and Batman def belong on the list. They could outthink Reed or keep up with him if they had to. Brainiac is Superior to Reed. He is a 12th lvl intellect amongst a race of genious who all share thier knowlege every night.

Batman isn't smarter than reed.

Brutacus
Originally posted by The Weather God
Did everyone forget about Beast?

beast issn't smarter, but I have to say he knows more about Biophysics.
Beast doesn't have a superhuman intellect.

Draco69
There's only ONE character that can be smarter than Reed:

Brainiac 13 or 14 or 15...one of those.

It's the one from Legionnaires....

tkitna
Tony Stark maybe?

Soljer
Originally posted by tkitna
Tony Stark maybe?

Hell no.

Dinalfos
Wait, so when did Reed's intellect become superhuman? confused

Brutacus
Tony Stark maybe?

Don't think he's smarter, but like beast or sinister or any other smart character, on some fields they know more about it than Reed.

thedude1948
Tony Stark maybe?

Definitely a possibility seeing as how Reed Richards is his B***h right now in Civil War.

The only person in Marvel who I think is definitely smarter than him is Thanos.

bigbran
Does Galactus count?

Decay
it depends on what you mean by smart. reed might do better in a lab than bruce wayne, butin practical intelligence batman would be ahead.reed becomes facinated by strange new things easily and forgets everything else, in a combat situation that isnt all that smart to do.

the one person who stood out in my mind as soon as i saw this was thanos. hes pretty much mastered it all, science, planning, manipulating and combat intelligence.

as far as an actual iq goes id say reeds probably the highest on earth. modok is possibly smarter, as well as the leader, but i dont think apocalypse is. every second villain is supposed to have a genius iq, its tacked on to half their profiles. modulus from the sentient arc might be smarter too. doom is on reeds level, but not quite as smart. some of the others i dont know much about so i wont comment.

so discounting beings like galactus, the major one i see being smarter than reed in pretty much every way is thanos. hes always a step ahead, hes destroyed the universe, gained unlimited power more than once and he tricked the surfer into unwittingly helping him kill off half a planet as soon as he was revived. on top of that, he made a deal with mephisto and came out on top.

capt it up
HELL NO

Accel
I thought Doom was supposed to be smarter than Reed, even if only by a little.

Superherovandal
Lucifer is definitely smarter(probably the smartest character ever), Braniac 5 is definitely smarter, Batman 1 million, Alexander Luthor is smarter the guy cooked up the entire Infinite Crisis (if that guys not smarter i doubt almost anyone else is)-

King_Mungi
Master of the World?

batdude123
Any omniscient, or close to omniscient beings.

bigbran
Originally posted by capt it up
HELL NO laughing
Indeed...

Rune King Thor.Originally posted by batdude123
Any omniscient, or close to omniscient beings. So... Batman?

batdude123
Originally posted by bigbran
So... Batman?

Yes... and me.

Superherovandal
Well Galactus must be one of the stupid omniscients cause that guys stupider than a Down-syndromed Absorbing Man sometimes.

bigbran
Originally posted by batdude123
Yes... and me. catfood?

xmarksthespot
Doom is smarter than that infernal Richards.

For a intelligent and innovative man, though, Reed Richards is often an idiot.

batdude123
Originally posted by bigbran
catfood?

With the uncanny ability to feed cats!!!!

AWAY!!! supes

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Doom is smarter than that infernal Richards.

For a intelligent and innovative man, though, Reed Richards is often an idiot.

He lacks common sense.

bigbran
Originally posted by batdude123
With the uncanny ability to feed cats!!!!

AWAY!!! supes Awesome!

Kurash
reed is extremely intelligent, i think the only human that would come close to him is Doom. However, i think there are a lot of heroes who could outthink him when it comes to doin practical things or things that just involve common sense on the battlefield, examples Batman Spidey

Superherovandal
there are others, Alexander Luthor, aliens like Brainiac any version and 5, Lucifer the smartest ever. Thanos, Ult Reed.

King_Mungi
The combined efforts of Hank Pym, Tony Stark, Stingray and Black Knight struggled to figure out Master's technology

1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/A_Flight11/Avengersv352-CounterAttack-06.jpg

boriquaking55
Grandmaster

Veldar
Fighter from 8-bit theater has shown (very rarely) that he has super-human intelligence... which most times just goes ignored... even by himself.

(It's a webcomic... so yes, technically?)

hulk10
The Leader. madmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmad

norrinradd43
Originally posted by The Weather God
Did everyone forget about Beast? Beast did figure out the Legacy virus...that definatly smart points
Mr. Sinister should be on the list too

Brutacus
Originally posted by Brutacus
beast issn't smarter, but I have to say he knows more about Biophysics.
Beast doesn't have a superhuman intellect.

golem370
High Evolutionary Thanos Mad Thinker could be

Endless Mike
TOAA

lando005
Everyone will jump on my case for this but, I believe that Peter Parker is smarter or at least just as smart as Reed! He just never really had the chance to let his intellect and skills mature to what he could have been as a scientist because of his becoming Spider-man. i would tend to agree with you there has been evidence to support that claim

Darth Macabre
Gear

hulk10
What comic character is wiser then Adam warlock because I sure as hell can't think of one.

llagrok
Living Tribunal.

grey fox
Highfather

Symmetric Chaos
CaptainMarvel?

Wisdom of Solomon and all that jazz.

King Kandy
The Ancient One.

Ethereal
Dr Strange

janus77
Storm!

Endless Mike
Agamotto

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
CaptainMarvel?

Wisdom of Solomon and all that jazz.

Lies. 313

guy222
Originally posted by hulk10
What comic character is wiser then Adam warlock because I sure as hell can't think of one.

Living Tribunal

DigiMark007
You really have to go into abstracts for this one. Because he's naturally intelligent and "wise", added to the fact that he's a former wielder of the IG (and so has a different understanding than most people of the universe) it's very difficult.

boriquaking55
Definitely not Eternity - for a universe he sure is a childish baby

King Kandy
Originally posted by DigiMark007
You really have to go into abstracts for this one. Because he's naturally intelligent and "wise", added to the fact that he's a former wielder of the IG (and so has a different understanding than most people of the universe) it's very difficult.
To bad that according to Infinity Watch #7 (I think), he barely remembers any of the things he experienced while having the IG.

WorldWarHulk
Wolverine.
He can beat 10 computers.

Mider999
maybe an elder of the universe since im trying to find someone NONE abstract, but also guys like shazam and such are not abstract and should be wiser.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by King Kandy
To bad that according to Infinity Watch #7 (I think), he barely remembers any of the things he experienced while having the IG.

I said it gave him a different perspective on the universe, not that he remembered everything. I'm well aware that former wielders don't retain everything.

My opinion holds though, since this just took my words out of context....it's still a valid part of my opinion.

TricksterPriest
Thanos? shrug

King Kandy
I said it gave him a different perspective on the universe, not that he remembered everything. I'm well aware that former wielders don't retain everything.

My opinion holds though, since this just took my words out of context....it's still a valid part of my opinion.
Though you used his knowledge gleamed from the IG as an excuse to get stardust in the tourney...

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Thanos? shrug

Nope.

Adam has already out-wised him. 313

DigiMark007
Originally posted by King Kandy
Though you used his knowledge gleamed from the IG as an excuse to get stardust in the tourney...

laughing out loud

That we did, friend. That we did. Fortunately, no one we faced knew enough to call me out on that.

wink

WorldWarHulk
laughing out loud

That we did, friend. That we did. Fortunately, no one we faced knew enough to call me out on that.

wink I was going to call you out...
Since you know, Adam has never showed that he retained this knowledge (like you said), or he would have stopped the Infinity War/Crusade before it happened.
But meh...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
I was going to call you out...
Since you know, Adam has never showed that he retained this knowledge (like you said), or he would have stopped the Infinity War/Crusade before it happened.
But meh...

You guys did a decent job of challenging the Warlock stuff. Some stuff I had legit defenses for. Others were more sketchy. But I was a bit worried, since I didn't expect quite so much thorough opposition. Still, we managed to get through (at least for you 2).

Burnt Pancakes
This may be kind of off-topic, but can someone explain to me what "jobbing" is?

WorldWarHulk
You guys did a decent job of challenging the Warlock stuff. Some stuff I had legit defenses for. Others were more sketchy. But I was a bit worried, since I didn't expect quite so much thorough opposition. Still, we managed to get through (at least for you 2). I only did one post... no expression

DigiMark007
I only did one post... no expression

Right. Goober then.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
This may be kind of off-topic, but can someone explain to me what "jobbing" is?

When one person throws the fight to make the other look good. Its originally a wrestling term.

On KMC it means that a character has a tendency to lose when they clearly should not.

King Kandy
I only did one post... no expression
It was a very good post, though.

TricksterPriest
For reference: see Current Apocalypse, Eternity, Galactus, Xavier, Rhino, Phoenix Force, anyone who loses to Squirrel Girl big grin , and other examples.

Mider999
.......current apocalypse what happend to him that he's so uber, and since when has adam warlock outsmarted thanos.

King Kandy
I forgot Surfer, since he has all of Adams ability's and all that... smile

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Mider999
.......current apocalypse what happend to him that he's so uber, and since when has adam warlock outsmarted thanos.

IG saga, The End, etc, etc.

And Poccy has been assraped by the shitty writers at marvel. no Of course, I know who to blame. shifty

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/548/blackboltexilesrr1.jpg

DigiMark007

Since the IG saga. Or Infinity Crusade, where he came up with the plan that Thanos couldn't.

shksprtx
Uatu?

Priest
Odinermm

Estacado
I thought you read the IG saga....

Bentley
Even if Thanos was smarter than Warlock I would not call him wise.

shksprtx
Uncle Ben!

"With great power comes great responsibility." cool

Scoobless
J Jonah Jameson ... you don't see him going off to fight Thanos ... I'd call that pretty wise.

no expression

Faceman
Originally posted by hulk10
What comic character is wiser then Adam warlock because I sure as hell can't think of one. What about Astronomer?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronomer_%28comics%29

WorldWarHulk
Did someone seriously mention Apocalypse?

Faceman
Did someone seriously mention Apocalypse? sick

Symmetric Chaos
Did someone seriously mention Apocalypse?

A random person asked what a jobber was and TP gave Apoc as an example.

TricksterPriest
Ahem.... CURRENT Apocalypse. And yes. sad to say, Marvel has turned him into a jobber. cry

WorldWarHulk
Ahem.... CURRENT Apocalypse. And yes. sad to say, Marvel has turned him into a jobber. cry You can't turn a jobber into a jobber.

TricksterPriest
You can't turn a jobber into a jobber.

chair Classic Apocalypse would make you eat those words. miffed stick out tongue

WorldWarHulk
chair Classic Apocalypse would make you eat those words. miffed stick out tongue Just like Namor made him eat shit?

Superherovandal
Marvel is the best i can think of.

Evil_Ash
Just like Namor made him eat shit?

That wasn't "Classic Apocalypse"....

psycho gundam
he is not guided by good nor evil

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>