Lich King runs the Popular VG Gauntlet Part 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
After overcoming difficult odds and adding Solid Snake (MGS), Ryu (SF), Link (LoZ), Cloud (FF), Samus (Metroid), and Dante (DMC) to his undead army. The Lich King seeks to add more fan favorite video game characters to his undead army.

As Before if the Lich King's opponent(s) dies, he is allowed to reanimate their corpses as his minion, the Lich King can continuously reanimate the corpses of his fallen foes as long as their bodies remain in tact. Reanimated opponent's/heroes retain all skills and abilities that are not related to the soul (ex: powers given due to genetics, intense training, technology, blood, intellect, sorcery)

The Lich King starts off fully rested and fully powered after feeding off the souls of Solid Snake, Ryu, Link, Cloud, Samus, and Dante.
To make it fair, the Lich King is only allowed to summon the party of Solid Snake, Ryu, Link, Cloud, Samus, and Dante (as loyal minions who fight by his side) twice in this gauntlet.

1. Chris Redfield w/ best equipment
2. Lara Croft w/ best equipment
3. Mario
4. Master Chief w/ best equipment
5. Super Sonic
6. Kratos w/ all weapons and upgrades

ScreamPaste
Gauntlet in wrong order, and I hope you're not assuming he cleared the first one? uhuh

The Scenario
Originally posted by I_Cheat_U_LOSE
After overcoming difficult odds...

Que?

ScreamPaste
Agreed. There's no way he cleared the last one. Also, Supersonic should be behind Kratos, who btw goes down hard, while SS could theoreticly win, except for Mario's presence, if Mario has his stuff he should be last in the gauntlet because omniversal shit is hax.

Phanteros
He failed to past the last one.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Agreed. There's no way he cleared the last one. Also, Supersonic should be behind Kratos, who btw goes down hard, while SS could theoreticly win, except for Mario's presence, if Mario has his stuff he should be last in the gauntlet because omniversal shit is hax. Kratos would tear the Lich King in half.

Soul and mental attacks have failed on Kratos before, and in martial combat Kratos is so laughable above the Lich King it's ridiculous.

But yeah, Super Sonic would not "theoretically win," Super Sonic could send the Lich King to the Big Bang before Lich King could process a thought.

Also, what is this omniversal shit you keep on going on about with Mario?

Phanteros
mario from what the Op has given doesn't even have items.

§P0oONY
Agreed. There's no way he cleared the last one. Also, Supersonic should be behind Kratos, who btw goes down hard, while SS could theoreticly win, except for Mario's presence, if Mario has his stuff he should be last in the gauntlet because omniversal shit is hax. You saw how Kratos ripped Hermes apart... Sonic wouldn't stand a chance.

Lich King would get to Kratos... And then simply get destroyed.

NemeBro

Heythere,Honey
He pretty much gets destroyed this time around.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by NemeBro
You obviously have no idea what Super Sonic is capable of. Chaos Control and what not... Nah... Maybe he could take down the Lich King but Kratos? No way.

Kratos would rip Sonic's little hedgehog head off and then rape Amy Rose.

NemeBro

§P0oONY
Funny. Because to date the only beings capable of even physically harming Super Sonic were two universe destroying godlike beings.

And before you say something like "Well Kratos kills Gods regularly," Solaris and Dark Gaia are MUCH more powerful than the Gods Kratos fights.

Super Sonic is faster than light, velocity x mass alone gives him the win over Kratos, and then there is factoring that he could Chaos Control him to the Big Bang, or just into space, to let him suffocate.

Sonic is a much more powerful verse than God of War. Eggman with prep could solo the series. Kratos is the Chuck Norris of Video Games.

You can't win this one.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Phanteros
mario from what the Op has given doesn't even have items. Nvm then.Originally posted by NemeBro
Funny. Because to date the only beings capable of even physically harming Super Sonic were two universe destroying godlike beings.

And before you say something like "Well Kratos kills Gods regularly," Solaris and Dark Gaia are MUCH more powerful than the Gods Kratos fights.

Super Sonic is faster than light, velocity x mass alone gives him the win over Kratos, and then there is factoring that he could Chaos Control him to the Big Bang, or just into space, to let him suffocate.

Sonic is a much more powerful verse than God of War. Eggman with prep could solo the series. Was referring to the crew LK has that he can summon.

NemeBro

NemeBro
Nvm then. Was referring to the crew LK has that he can summon. Samus and Link are the only ones who even could occupy Kratos' attention, and Link barely so, Kratos would kill them all. Yes, even Samus.

§P0oONY
Judging from your posts, I already have. Look... Play Super Smash Bros Brawl and tell me that Super Sonic is any good.... stick out tongue

Easily one of the worst Final Smashes.

Also, as a side-note: Lighten up.

ScreamPaste
Disagreed, sir. Regardless, LK never gets there, since he lost the first gauntlet.

NemeBro

§P0oONY
Disagreed, sir. Regardless, LK never gets there, since he lost the first gauntlet. I reckon he'd walk the first gauntlet. The only threat is Dante but I think that the Lich King would take him.

Cloud would get owned... You have to remember that Cloud has his attack limited to 9999. Even using the Mime trick he'd die of old age long before the Lich King would die.

NemeBro
Samus would in all likelihood beat the Lich King.

Demonic Phoenix

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Do not know much about Mario, so I'll ignore him.

Ryu alone would be enough to take care of Chris and Lara. Samus, Dante or Link would walk all over Master Chief.

That means Super Sonic is up next, who is by and far, the most powerful dude in this gauntlet.
That's where it ends for the LK and his servants. SS could casually stomp the LK, his servants and even his entire army, before they could even think about attacking.

Meanwhile, Kratos sits back, drinks boiling tea, and joyously laughs at the King & his merry band of very unlucky servants.

Samus is a far bigger threat than Dante can ever hope to be.

While Supersonic is destroying the Lich King... Kratos has Amy Rose bent over. With Tails and Knuckles' heads stuck on each of his sword things... Laughing at how stupid Sonic looks while transforming into Super Sonic (see Sonic Adventure 2... the wanking scene as I like to call it)

Samus isn't that big of a threat really. We're talking Super missiles at her best. I don't think they'd really bother the Lich King.

NemeBro
She can run at like mach 17 and can destroy structures harder than Titanium easily.

§P0oONY
She can run at like mach 17 and can destroy structures harder than Titanium easily. If she's so good why does she lose everything before the start of every Metroid game. stick out tongue

o0ncJ5Ijftc

See about 1:50 for Sonic's wanky transformation.

Wank, wank, wank, wank... Jizz in my pants.

MooCowofJustice
Wouldn't Knuckles be able to beat Kratos?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Wouldn't Knuckles be able to beat Kratos? What... With his gliding powers? Hahahaha.

NemeBro
Wouldn't Knuckles be able to beat Kratos? How exactly would he manage that?

MooCowofJustice
I don't know. That's why it was a question.

I just thought he was incredibly strong and great at H2H or something. I've only played one Sonic game in my life. Am not a fan.

§P0oONY
I don't know. That's why it was a question.

I just thought he was incredibly strong and great at H2H or something. I've only played one Sonic game in my life. Am not a fan. No one in the Sonic Franchise is as amazing as people are making out. Let alone Knuckles... He's easily my favourite character but he's certainly not the best.

Demonic Phoenix

§P0oONY
Amy Rose? Kratos has far higher standards.

She has a weapon that can fire blasts that are close to Absolute-Zero, or something like that, I think. Some of her suits & weapons are really powerful.
Super missiles is hardly all she has.

From the main 'hero' side, I doubt anyone but Shadow could hope to stand a chance against base Kratos. So Knuckles would probably get ripped in half, despite him being badass and all. excellent

Super Forms are a much different story though. I've played Super Metroid (Samus at her peak).... The Super Missiles are the best she has... Hence the reason they are consumable. Otherwise that's simply all anyone would use.

On the Amy Rose front... He's not raping her because he finds her attractive... He's raping her because he can.

MooCowofJustice
Except that Demonic Phoenix is right that her Ice Beam hits close to absolute zero. And I assume her Plasma Beam gets a similar level of uberness with it's heat.

Power Beam hits ghosts, Wave Beam was some incredible amount of electricity in a single shot and etc in other things.

Edit: I had DP called "Dark Phoenix." Dunno how I got that there.

§P0oONY
Except that Demonic Phoenix is right that her Ice Beam hits close to absolute zero. And I assume her Plasma Beam gets a similar level of uberness with it's heat.

Power Beam hits ghosts, Wave Beam was some incredible amount of electricity in a single shot and etc in other things.

Edit: I had DP called "Dark Phoenix." Dunno how I got that there. And yet... The Super Missiles are the better weapon in the games... In the Prime series it uses the beam and 5 missiles... and in Super Metroid and such they are their own consumable items, more powerful than any of her beams.

And they couldn't take down the Lich King.

NemeBro

§P0oONY
... I must confess I am not sure what point you are trying to make. no expression Look at the edit then.

MooCowofJustice
I don't believe that the missiles are a form of energy produced by the suit, like all her beam weapons are. But I could be wrong.

If I am not, that would explain why they are consumable. Simply being consumable does not mean they are better anyway.

§P0oONY
I don't believe that the missiles are a form of energy produced by the suit, like all her beam weapons are. But I could be wrong.

If I am not, that would explain why they are consumable. Simply being consumable does not mean they are better anyway. They are consumable because the game would be broken if they weren't....

MooCowofJustice
Which kinda means nothing for it's power level.

§P0oONY
Which kinda means nothing for it's power level. Yes it does. It means everything. It's video game logic. The strongest weapons always have a more sparse ammo supply. (In any well balanced game)... ((which Metroid is))

NemeBro
What makes you think the Super Missiles would not harm the Lich King?

MooCowofJustice
That will work pretty well if I'm incorrect about my theory on why the missiles are consumable. Otherwise, then not really.

§P0oONY
What makes you think the Super Missiles would not harm the Lich King? The same reasons that you think they might not... We're all making assumptions when you cross 2 games with each other.

But I don't think there should be any doubt that the super missiles are Samus' most powerful weapon.

The Scenario

§P0oONY
That will work pretty well if I'm incorrect about my theory on why the missiles are consumable. Otherwise, then not really. Look at what you can kill with it and how quickly then. Happy now. The super missiles are her best weapons.

At least they are in any Metroid game I've played. By a fair margin.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by The Scenario
This does not change the fact that Samus is a massive threat to the Lich King, and in my opinion, Kratos. I simply believe that a level 80 WoW character could take Samus on in a fight and win... easily.

This isn't biased or anything.. I'm a far bigger Metroid fan than I'll ever be Warcraft.

The Scenario

ArtificialGlory
So when's Part 3 coming?

§P0oONY
I could probably name several off the top of my head. Let's see:

Power Bombs
Hyper Beam
Hyper (phazon) Beam
Hyper Missiles
Omega Cannon
Wavebuster
Darkburst
Sunburst
Sonic Boom
Super Diffusion Ice Missile

That list took me around five seconds.

No. I did say in the games I've played... Forgot about the Super Bombs though (which are in a game I've played)

A few of the ones you listed aren't more powerful though. (And I mean against average enemies, nothing that has a weakness to a certain beam)

And on the "no" front.... It's opinion numbnuts. Don't take it so seriously.

Phanteros
Spoony no, just, no. You saying a bunch of turbo nerds are going to beat a futuristic power suit warrior that solos factions after factions of advance weaponry pirates and beat a giant Pterodactyl?

§P0oONY

NemeBro

§P0oONY
Personally I think a single super missile would blow the Lich King to pieces, if not outright disintegrate him.

But hey that is just me.
This = good post.

Spoony no, just, no. You saying a bunch of turbo nerds are going to beat a futuristic power suit warrior that solos factions after factions of advance weaponry pirates and beat a giant Pterodactyl? This = Bad post

The Scenario

§P0oONY
Shhh..... numbnuts. stick out tongue

And I've not played Metroid Fusion... (I'm not a big fan of hand-held consoles)

Phanteros

§P0oONY
What differenates my post from the one you made about a level 80 warcraft player beating samus? The only differences I was more comical on it. and listed feats she done and was famous for. Because my post said "I believe"... This is not pretending to claim it as fact.

And the only thing comical about your post was the irony of you calling WoW players nerds when you're debating whether a Metroid character could beat the Lich King.

Phanteros

Cyner
Spoony, idk why you decided to visit this forum, but you really need to go back to whichever one you were at before. You obviously have no idea about any of the feats for any of the characters involved.

As others have said Lich King has not been proven to be able to beat Samus.

Also if someone wants to debate it, they can bring back up the Kratos vs Samus thread. Personally I'd have to vote Samus on that one.

§P0oONY
Proven to beat Samus?... Nor Vice-Versa... There is NO PROOF.... That's my point. It's all about having fun.

Which I am doing... That's why I'm posting in the forum. no expression

Is there a reason for name calling? I was listing facts of what she has done and the turbo nerd thing was just me attempting to be funny(which failed). It seems you need to lightning up a bit. or learn how debates work. Please... That's not name calling. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lighten up? I'm just having fun. I'm not trying to cause trouble, you're just talking me too seriously.

And these aren't debates.... Debates are based on facts, not opinions.

Phanteros

The Scenario
I know you're not new here; most likely you've been here longer than I have. But...do you know what this board is for? Arguing which fictional character would beat the other is sort of the point. And, as a matter of course, it is serious business.

This is what feats are for. WHY do you think the Lich King beats Samus? What can he do that makes you think he would win?

For instance, I know that Arthas has reacted to an arrow fired by Sylvanus, which was estimated to be around supersonic speed. That's proof of his speed.

Samus, on the other hand, has outrun blaster fire. That's proof of her speed. Based on that, I can say that there's proof that Samus is faster than the Lich King.

§P0oONY
We use feats of to the characters and compared them with the character they are facing to determine the winner. But they're not facts my lad. Don't mistake them for facts. There is no was of quantifying power between 2 different VG titles.

As said earlier... Balloon Fight man's foot popping a balloon could be stronger than Selphie's "The End"... If you allowed it to be.

The Scenario

Phanteros

§P0oONY
That isn't how it works. You'd have to prove that the balloons that the Balloon Fighter pops are unusually durable. Otherwise, they're assumed to be normal balloons. And you'd also have to give examples of things that Selpie's attack has killed. Nah, they're not normal balloons... They're balloons far stronger than anything ever created.

Only the POWER of Balloon Fight Mans foot.... And the Power of the ememies feet.... and the spikes are strong enough to take them down.

Selphie's attack kills pretty much everything in FFVIII in a single hit... But everything in FFVIII is much, much, much weaker than the balloons in Balloon Fight.

Are you catching my drift... There is no way you can prove me wrong on thee points.

That is my point, these aren't debates. They can be fun... But at no point should anyone claim fact when talking about cross-game battles. It stinks of VG arrogance which these forums can do without.

MooCowofJustice
Actually he can prove you wrong, because he's right when he said that you'd have to prove the balloon is way more durable than any normal balloon.

Phanteros

§P0oONY
Actually he can prove you wrong, because he's right when he said that you'd have to prove the balloon is way more durable than any normal balloon. At the same time I could ask you to prove that Selphie's The End is stronger than a balloon. At no point in Final Fantasy VIII do you fight anything real, let alone a balloon.

Phanteros

§P0oONY
If you wanted an RP did make a thread of it. but here feats of the charcters are still use here. The rule even suggest that. Debates can be fun in there one right and sort of acts like a trivia game/ chess game to determine who can get the other in check.

edit you still have to prove the balloon is durable with feats other wise you making it up. and I can simply argue that the balloon is weaker than normal balloons. and you still have to counter that with proof. Look the reason I'm complaining is because I said that I thought that a lvl 80 WoW character could beat Samus and all I got in return was an ******* "no" response from an arrogant so-and-so who thinks that he is actually right. When in fact no one is.

The Scenario

§P0oONY
I can argue that The End does damage because it hurts the oppenont. While they may never encounter a balloon they are obvious stronger than it base on what they faced and the fact an average human can bust one. Or everything in FFVIII could simply be very weak. Who knows how strong the creatures of the FFVIII world match up against a household balloon/ srug

MooCowofJustice
Why would I need to rely on The End?

I think what you're doing is trying to claim that since none of these take place in the real world there is no way to compare two separate universes. You would be right, except that we compare them to the real world.

So when we see Alex Mercer throw a car in his world, it is assumed to be equal in weight to a car in our universe. Sure it could easily weigh about ten pounds somehow, but there is no reason to assume so.

It's pretty obvious we don't use this point of view.

§P0oONY
Why would I need to rely on The End?

I think what you're doing is trying to claim that since none of these take place in the real world there is no way to compare two separate universes. You would be right, except that we compare them to the real world.

So when we see Alex Mercer throw a car in his world, it is assumed to be equal in weight to a car in our universe. Sure it could easily weigh about ten pounds somehow, but there is no reason to assume so.

It's pretty obvious we don't use this point of view. But it's not wrong to use this point of view (or wrong for you to have yours)... That's what really is up for debate.

I'm not saying you can't disagree with me when I say that "I believe a lvl 80 WoW character could take Samus".. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be a dickhead (and I don't even think it was you) and say "No". As if it's point of fact.

Phanteros

Phanteros

The Scenario

§P0oONY
I wasn't being arrogant, and what I stated was facts. WoW player have no feats to suggest they can even take one Samus Aran who has feats to suggest she can wipe WoW clean.

thats fact based on feat stacking. But you're getting the player involved here. A level 80 character on WoW has shit loads of feats. (I stopped playing before Lich King so I don't know what exactly but I know my level 55 Mage had a decent arsenal)

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/spelllist.html?class=Mage (feats just for the mage)

MooCowofJustice
No, it's not wrong. But if everyone used your point of view this forum would not exist because you would be right and we could not actually prove anything.

But since we don't we can know that Super Sonic is faster than light, Kratos is one strong son of a *****, and that Yoshi should play baseball.

§P0oONY
No, it's not wrong. But if everyone used your point of view this forum would not exist because you would be right and we could not actually prove anything.

But since we don't we can know that Super Sonic is faster than light, Kratos is one strong son of a *****, and that Yoshi should play baseball. I know... I don't actually hold the point of view that i have been talking about... Balloon Fight man would get destroyed by any of Selphie's Attacks (and I'm saying this with full knowledge that they're both ficitonal so somone can have a counter view.)... I was just proving a point that one shouldn't be a **** about it and talk as if it's fact.

Cyner
Ok, here's why I think that Lich King never made it past the first gauntlet.

The Volt Driver, a weapon which you get in Metroid Prime Hunters.
Here's the Description: "The VOLT DRIVER draws energy from the planetary electromagnetic field and converts it into multi-terawatt bursts of HIGHVOLTAGE."
This weapon does 14 damage.
(a terawatt is one million million watts, Or 10^12 watts.)

Samus' regular Power Beam is more powerful than this weapon and does 20 damage. In the Metroid series each of Samus' beams stack their abilities onto the Power Beam, So now the power beam has the added effects and damage of the other beams.

Going only by the Super Metroid stats of Samus' stacked beam and not adding the weapons she gets from other games. Her weapon does 150 damage. What does that mean in actual damage? I really have no idea but if 20 damage is better than a multi-terra watt weapon. 150 damage is logically ridiculously powerful.

Also that's the uncharged blast.

*Numbers stolen directly from Scenario's posts on Fact Pile.

Edit: Wavebeam allows the attacks to pass through any solid object while still dealing applicable damage.
Edit2: She should be able to stack Light, Dark, Annihilator and Hyper beam on top of the others yes

The Scenario
Since when does a simple, "no" constitute being a dick?

If I offended anyone I apologize.

Phanteros

Phanteros

If I offended anyone I apologize. More like calling people that disagree with you a a "dipshit" is sign of being a dick.

§P0oONY

If I offended anyone I apologize. **** off if you didn't write that to be a dick... Responding to a person's opinion with "no" is a dick thing to do. If you don't understand that then you need to have a bit mre human interaction.

More like calling people that disagree with you a a "dipshit" is sign of being a dick. Of course, I was being a dick then, but I was responding to someone who I had come to the conclusion that they themselves were a dick.

Cyner
For Samus' durability I only need to reference where Ridley one shots a mountain and soon after that Samus confronts him. When he fires the beam it hits her directly and her suit does not even have cosmetic damage from the attack. She then proceeds to give him the most explosive butt plug ever.

LLLLLink
I taste salt on this page.

Cyner
probably a dump truck full of salt...

Samus > Lich King

Demonic Phoenix

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Cyner
For Samus' durability I only need to reference where Ridley one shots a mountain and soon after that Samus confronts him. When he fires the beam it hits her directly and her suit does not even have cosmetic damage from the attack. She then proceeds to give him the most explosive butt plug ever. But at the same time... Samus is a chick. She should really get back to the kitchen. hmm

*high five for unnecessary sexism*

§P0oONY

NemeBro
Spooney, I'm not gonna join in on the ganging up on you, but because we suck we do in fact take these threads as very serious business, if you are not prepared for that, then this forum in all honesty is not for you.

Not trying to be insulting here, just saying. You not taking threads like this as seriously probably makes you a much better person than we. no expression

Cyner

§P0oONY
Spooney, I'm not gonna join in on the ganging up on you, but because we suck we do in fact take these threads as very serious business, if you are not prepared for that, then this forum in all honesty is not for you.

Not trying to be insulting here, just saying. You not taking threads like this as seriously probably makes you a much better person than we. no expression You're probably right. Still, I'll see in due course.

The Scenario

§P0oONY
Her kitchen is the power suit, her sandwiches are the shots fired out of the gun.

Seriously though the power suit is the special suit designed for space kitchens. That fiendish bounty hunter... Both useful, sexy and awesome.

§P0oONY
Is this how you respond to an apology? I'm trying to mend the fence here. Seriously, it was just a disagreement, and I don't think a simple "no" gives you the right to be a dick in return. If I was a dick, I'm sorry. That's how you apologise? laughing

You really do need more human interaction. stick out tongue

Talk about a backhanded apology.

Look mate, just let it go.

LLLLLink

Also, some people over here at the Games VS can be arrogant pricks at times, myself included.

<== Most arrogant prick.

Quit being an asshat, Spoony.

Cyner
Originally posted by LLLLLink
<== Most arrogant prick.

you even look like a prick in your pictures, it's amazing really

MooCowofJustice
I dunno dude, Scenario seems pretty sincere to me.

He genuinely is probably one of the nicest around here.

LLLLLink
you even look like a prick in your pictures, it's amazing really

Jealous? smile

Phanteros
I dunno dude, Scenario seems pretty sincere to me.

He genuinely is probably one of the nicest around here. He is the most nicest person on the game section.

LLLLLink
Yeah, Scenario, you are legit. I got your back.

The Scenario

NemeBro
White Knighting Scenario for the win? erm

MooCowofJustice
Sure. White Knights are the best kind of knight. Black Knights are for pussies.

*glares at Phanteros*

Phanteros
Sure. White Knights are the best kind of night. Black Knights are for pussies.

*glares at Phanteros* Those are fighting words, cow. Words that lead to burgers being made.

back to the topic. Lich King shouldn't be able to pass the last guantlet let alone this.

MooCowofJustice
Will there be cheese? I can't eat hamburgers without cheese. Preferably cheddar.

Phanteros
Will there be cheese? I can't eat hamburgers without cheese. Preferably cheddar. Yes there will be cheese and lett-Wait, you're a cannibal?

LLLLLink
He's no cannibal. He only eats Imp burgers.

§P0oONY
Sure. Consider it dropped.

Anyway, this thread seems to have gone extremely off-topic. Based on the feats of those involved, the Lich King should be unable to clear the gauntlet.

Edit: Wait, am I getting cheered again? I disagree. It takes what... a 25 man raid at full strength. That will obviously include tanks, healers and DPS. Looking at the variety of attacks used on him and how they barely leave a scratch in a fight that is sure to last a long time. Not to mention the Hell he can unleash himself. I really can't see any of the 1st gauntlet posing a threat.

Maybe if there were more than one Samus... But yeah, it seems like a feat to hard.

The Scenario
I still disagree, based on some of these feats.

As well as a few I posted in the last thread.

Basically, I'm not sure the Lich King's magic is quite potent enough to bypass Samus' suit. Further, Samus' weapons are quite powerful, and have destroyed and killed things quite similar to the Lich King. The Light Beam and Sunburst, in particular, would do great against a darkness and ice themed guy like the Lich King.

MooCowofJustice
Yes there will be cheese and lett-Wait, you're a cannibal?

Actually I have recently discovered that the race of bovine I come from are not native to planet Earth. I was sent here in a spaceship as my world was destroyed by a Heralds of Evil Raid. Other than the heralds, sound like anyone you know?

I hope not. Superman isn't real in this universe.

As for Spoony's last post. I doubt any of those 25 Warcraft characters have weapons on par with Samus.

LLLLLink
Those 25 were given mercy to have to fight LK instead of Samus.

§P0oONY
Actually I have recently discovered that the race of bovine I come from are not native to planet Earth. I was sent here in a spaceship as my world was destroyed by a Heralds of Evil Raid. Other than the heralds, sound like anyone you know?

I hope not. Superman isn't real in this universe.

As for Spoony's last post. I doubt any of those 25 Warcraft characters have weapons on par with Samus. Maybe not... But they have magic as powerful... And they can teleport... Go invisible... Become invulnerable.

MooCowofJustice
Is the Lich King's ice even as cold as Samus' Ice Beam? I don't know of much ice in fiction that gets that cold, except for maybe Iceman or something, but I lack knowledge of the extent of his powers.

LLLLLink

The Scenario
I don't think it really matters, as the Varia Suit protects from cold damage as well as heat, and prevents the SA-X's Ice Beam from freezing her.

§P0oONY
We're talking magic here though, magic in Warcraft bypasses armour unless it has special magic resistances.

MooCowofJustice
Pretty sure Samus' does that. I'd be surprised if it doesn't.

Scenario! Get the bird magic comic!

§P0oONY
Not to mention the fact that when the Lich King is down to 10% health he simply kills everyone... And takes their soul... No questions asked.

NemeBro
Sure. White Knights are the best kind of knight. Black Knights are for pussies.

*glares at Phanteros* You seem not to get what I meant.

Why were you demasculating Scenario? 131

The Scenario
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/038/7/5/Metroid__Bird_Magic_by_doodlegarmander.png

Cyner

MooCowofJustice
Insta death spell is a no limits fallacy. You can only go by the strongest thing it's killed.

NemeBro
Magic exists in the Metroid verse, one of Samus' enemies could steal the souls of four planets worth of people's at once. Yet could not take Samus'.

(omg get wrecked Gorea) That's not necessarily magic.

Souls have a scientific basis in Metroid, do they not?

LLLLLink

Cyner
That's not necessarily magic.

Souls have a scientific basis in Metroid, do they not?

I don't think it's ever discussed, but the fact is that magic exists, and you fight enemies who use it. (an den u keeel dem)

The Scenario

NemeBro
I don't think it's ever discussed, but the fact is that magic exists, and you fight enemies who use it. (an den u keeel dem) Is it explicitly stated to be magic?

§P0oONY
Fixed.

Besides, magic can be anything that current scientific technology cannot explain. I'm sure ancient man thought people were using "explosive magic" when the first explosives or bombs were used. I thought we compared feats... A feat of the Lich King is that his magic (as with all warcraft magic) penetrates armour... I can't help but feel people here are making up the rules to suit their argument.

NemeBro

LLLLLink

MooCowofJustice
Nah, don't worry about that.

Say you had a point about the Lich King. Can he survive so much as one hit from Samus? Can he hit her at all with her mach 17 running speed and great reaction time?

§P0oONY
Ok then, if we've discounted his magic then what about his physical attacks. He does massive melee damage. Not to mention the buffs he casts on himself which increase it by over 200%.

Then there is his shockwave attack. Which causes major melee damage.

Cyner
Obviously she has magic resistance, as scenario just posted a video where she fights a boss who uses teh magickz.

Also his physical attacks would probably have to... i don't even know. Can he knockdown mountains with a single blow? Even if he could it wouldn't be enough to even damage her.

§P0oONY
Nah, don't worry about that.

Say you had a point about the Lich King. Can he survive so much as one hit from Samus? Can he hit her at all with her mach 17 running speed and great reaction time? 103,200,000HP has to count for something in this discussion?

LLLLLink

MooCowofJustice
He still has to hit Samus. I know for a fact that Samus' armor has taken great physical damage. And though you may have a point about Lich King's magic, but he still has to hit Samus first.

Edit: HP depends. Health systems tend to be discarded as they can't be compared to other health systems very well. For instance, Fire Emblem characters only get HP under 100 usually. And the statistics systems of that cannot merge with the ones driving LK's stats. And then you have things like Sonic who can basically take any hit so long as he has a ring on him.

Is there no durability feats for LK?

§P0oONY
Well, what is the most durable thing or person that his melee has destroyed?

As for the HP, that is what we refer to as a gameplay mechanic, and doesn't hold much weight, I'm afraid. It has destroyed raids of 25. For some reason you've all seemed to discounted 25 lvl 80 mages, warriors, druids, warlocks, paladins etc all working together as if they're insignificant.

NemeBro
Well, the argument is that just because it can bypass armor in Warcraft doesn't mean it can bypass all armor of any universe. You understand.

Have you not taken the time to think it out, Nemebro? That would be like assuming someone who is intangible in one verse would by majik not be intangible in another verse. If she has magic resistance, fine, if she has not displayed it, then she has none and it will work if that is how WoW magic works (Though it may be a gameplay mechanic).

I have. There is a difference between some stupid ingrates thinking explosives were magic and the ability to warp reality that is inherent in real magic. Although science can in fiction have applications similar to magic.

Although really Samus is far too fast and too powerful for the LK to win.

§P0oONY
He still has to hit Samus. I know for a fact that Samus' armor has taken great physical damage. And though you may have a point about Lich King's magic, but he still has to hit Samus first.

Edit: HP depends. Health systems tend to be discarded as they can't be compared to other health systems very well. For instance, Fire Emblem characters only get HP under 100 usually. And the statistics systems of that cannot merge with the ones driving LK's stats. And then you have things like Sonic who can basically take any hit so long as he has a ring on him.

Is there no durability feats for LK? His shockwave attack sends out a ring of damage, not really dodge-able.

There are no durability stats but I think it would be silly to assume that Samus can take him down in a single hit... She can't even take some small enemies down in a single hit.

Cyner

LLLLLink

MooCowofJustice
We can't prove she's fought most of the smaller enemies. And though we know she can't defeat Ridley in one hit, he's just really powerful.

Can you compare his HP to someone else's HP who has durability feats?

§P0oONY
That's because "Lvl 80" is a gameplay mechanic. The only thing that our minds look for in a post is a feat, such as Akuma busting an island or Wesker dodging bullets.
Stats and the like are discarded as gameplay mechanics that do not reflect the character's true ability. Most of the time, stuff that you see in cutscenes are considered legitimate feats. When I say lvl 80... I obviously just mean the strongest in the World of Warcraft. The characters on WoW don't have personalities.. or cutscenes so you can't built up a profile. But I've already posted a link to the spells a mage can do... and that is just one class.

WoW is 99.9999999999999999999999% gameplay mechanic... This is how it is damn near impossible to compare.

LLLLLink
That would be like assuming someone who is intangible in one verse would by majik not be intangible in another verse. If she has magic resistance, fine, if she has not displayed it, then she has none and it will work if that is how WoW magic works (Though it may be a gameplay mechanic).

I have. There is a difference between some stupid ingrates thinking explosives were magic and the ability to warp reality that is inherent in real magic. Although science can in fiction have applications similar to magic.

Although really Samus is far too fast and too powerful for the LK to win.

Not really. I think you read a little too much into it. I wasn't speaking about this particular scenario. We are both right.

Then you understand what I mean. Would you say that an electric eel uses "magic"? Of course not, because you may understand the fundamentals on how it works. If you are saying that magic can be known by science in all cases, then I invite you to describe the process on how one could warp reality in detail.

§P0oONY
We can't prove she's fought most of the smaller enemies. And though we know she can't defeat Ridley in one hit, he's just really powerful.

Can you compare his HP to someone else's HP who has durability feats? I don't know WoW that well.. I'm getting all my information of a WoW wiki.

The Lich King will have durability feats... I just don't know them

LLLLLink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>