RP Area reaches TEN THOUSAND POSTS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
WOO-HOO!

Well, that is not bad, seeing as it started at... well, zero, obviously. it's great, though, because us little bunch of geeky weirdos hjave craved this place out of nothing at all, and created something we all enjoy and have taken great part in! For which the thanks must go to all of you, of course, because the game is nothing without the players; it is for the players it is done and by the players it goes from being simply a set of ideas, into a true story..

Only one story runing here right now, of course, but I am sure there will be more in future.

So, thanks to you all, and here's hoping we get another 10,000 on the clock soon... I have a few ideas about how this might be celebrated; I am planning an RP trivia quiz, and I thought you could use this place to ask me ANY questions at all that you have about the story- how it works, anything you are confused about, what I have planned (even BEYOND the current storyline, for the following Grand Campaign, which will cover the period between TPM and AOTC and may well see a fair few direct pre-Clone War plots, is already coming together.

And... you know... make any comments you like! This is the ten thousand post party! Enjoy yourselves!

General Kaliero
Cool! I didn't realize it was so big.

Dexx
Yay!
question...if we loose this game also...is it really the last?
and if we find the mausoleum....hard advancements? evil face

mah
celebrations!!!

Fire
hehe, we will see who wins this one dexx, as long as I kill you you don't win anything :P

Ushgarak
If you lose this game totally, Dexx, then you have to exercise hardcore danger options and actually attack the Jedi. Hmmm...

(Puts on party hat)

As for what happens if you find the Mausoleum...

(deep laughter)

Dexx
yeah fire..i hope we'll have the chance to finally meet..in a distant future
I'd take that second option ush evil face

Ushgarak
Oooh, goody.

Captain REX
How likely is it that we'll be killed anyway? So, I'll meet you guys down at the graveyard in 10 minutes, alright?

*blows up*

Ushgarak
Things do start to get very dangerous, to be sure. Think of this as 'Level 4', if you want. You've had your gentle easings into the world, it gets hardcore now...

Dexx
um..i didn't...hope i'll manage anyway

Ushgarak
Malastare was your gentle introduction...

Captain REX
Not very gentle if you ask me...

Now, if Edna came back, we'd have two Force champions on the team. Edna and Takuan would be unstoppable together, and me and Chion would dance around swinging our lightsabers, and Wraith and Dak could...do stuff! Muahahahaha!!!

Ushgarak
For a start, Wraith can actually DO things, like drive and pilot and sabotage and has interpersonal and investigative skills, stuff like that... Dark Side has always badly missed having a Fallen (now joined by the Executor, as Wraith is) type around.

Though NPC wise, Saar is an Executor as well. I'll make new profiles for the new arrivals- and also Balek, Persis and Ascar- soon.

Coming soon: Some general tips for you guys!

Dexx
goodie

laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Right! Here are some tips for you guys in the game, in case you are ever stuck for ideas!

1. Jedi should never forget that they have very wide-ranging powers in the form of requiring and requistioning aid inside the Republic. Most Republican forces will fall over themselves to aid, or send aid to, any Jedi in need.

2. This is something that has been used little... very rarely have attempts been made to sense the future. If you spend a little time, remember that a Force User can get glimpses of what is to come! This can give all sorts of hints. Obviously, people like Gundark and Takuan are better at this than Galder.

BTW, this cannot be used to unravel Kuylen's plan. That is the Dark Side for you.

3. Adventurers, Ronins, Fallens and Executors all have considerable AND contemporary knowledge of the Galaxy, and the friends that come with that. Very often such a character can contact such a friend or contact to help in such a situation.

4. Renegades and Marauders have led lives in the Galaxy unlike the more Temple-bound Knights and Dark Jedi. You can try and use these to help if you wish.

5. Masters (and to a lesser extent, Scholars) have friends in high places on Coruscant, in the Jedi and maybe in politics also; the benefits of their long diplomatic careers. Another resource that can be used. Masters also tend to know what is what in the Galaxy, though their information is old and their contacts moved on.

So, for some examples, in this game so far:

1. Wraith is an Executor. He therefore knows the right people to speak to on Nar Shadda to get the info his side seeks

2. Xeth is a Renegade. He does not have a network of contacts, but in his past he has WORKED on Nar Shadda, and knows how things work there.

3. Gundy has friends like Grevor who turned up to help her. She could produce more such friends, if needed.

Within reason, I will leave the terms of your contacts and past to you. Take an example of you guys in a story working with priates, and you are stuck. If Galder wants to contact some of his previous employers as a Corsair who are pirates and might be able to help, then feel free. Or Mah might know the inside men in the organisation, or the law officials he once helped in locking some of them up. Gundark might know the Senator for the area, who can open doors. Wraith may know men who can get you into ANYWHERE... for a price.

So do not overplay it, but think about how such things can help you; especially Mah and Wraith.

General Kaliero
"Gentle easings"... Was mine being sent on an info hunt just to lose some money?

Sniff... sad I liked that money...

General Kaliero
Oh and Ush? Can I have a few friends from my hunting trade? Like, rich friends?

Ushgarak
The gentle easing s thing was for the old sweats, rather than you, GK. But your Nar Shadda plot is pretty gentle, considering!

You can know important people in the bounty hunting trade for sure, GK. Calling them 'friends' may be overdoing it.

Dexx
I think i can make use of these future glimpses. I never tried them cuz i didn't know if i can do it that often.

Captain REX
Hmm, I see how your hint thing works...

Dexx, those future glimpses are starting to creep me out, though they are very helpful. Don't you agree?

Ushgarak
The mighty Ush-Oracle may be willing to give hints about what Takuan saw...

Dexx
they might help smile

I liked the vision's structuring. I imagined it pretty well in my head.
That's an useful skill evil face

Captain REX
So did I. I imagined it as a blurry, nightmarish thing, with everything coming by very quickly.

Dexx
*paciently waits for ush's vision untangling*

Ushgarak
You should see the one my brother wrote for our old Vampire game. A man with patience; he refused to explain ay of it we did not understand and it was still being revealed five years of gameplay later, and some bits even had to be exaplined AFTER the whole storyline (which lasted ten years, real-life) ended.

Ok, big clue- to be revealed this one time only.

The order of the vision is:

Past/Future/Present

Where the past is set events, the future is something far away and in motion and only great and important things tend to be seen, and the present is a myriad of IMMINENT possibilities.

The order was not random, it thematically tells you a relevant story.

Dexx
runs to check vision again

Captain REX
Interesting. Can I take whacks at what the vision meant, just for fun?

And now that I think of it, I imagined the vision somewhat like the visions in Minority Report. We've got a red ball...victim: Takuan, murderer: Nayler. evil face

Dexx
Takuan murdered Nayler... sounds a lot better

Ushgarak
HAHAHAHAHAHA...

Oh, sorry, I thought you were making a joke...

Did either of you two check the Jedi thread when they were fighting the Miramar?

Dexx
not a joke, but not something serious either. Just a lil word game.
Yes, i did check

Captain REX
Is this a clue? Is there something we should hunt for?

Ushgarak
Gosh no. Just if Nayler's men came close to killing a whole bunch of Jedi...

Captain REX
Are you saying the two Jedi on Belseraphon are going to get screwed? Poor Lance and Julie...

Okay, I take it the 10,000 Miramar soldiers is part of the past. Need to go decipher the rest.

Julie
yahhhhh.....uh what does all this mean?

Dexx
oh...nothin much...dj suff.....evil face

Captain REX
But I'm starting to see a reverse, so Julie and Lance aren't so much victims...Dexx is. evil face sad

Dexx
yess...that...i'm working on that

Captain REX
So Ush...did you get the 10000th post?

Ushgarak
Nah, missed it, nagdammit...

Captain REX
Then...who did? It was probably me... big grin

Dexx
naah..must be me

Captain REX
No, it was me!

*pokes Dexx in the arm with an electro-rod, making his arm fall asleep*

Ushgarak
Careful with that, it's not a toy...

Dexx
asleep or not...that post was still mine..mwahahaha

Captain REX
*turns up power on electro-rod until Dexx's arm is jerking and smoking...*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.