when are the nolan bros gonna stop bein overrated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

freakybinx
seriously they made 2 alright batman movies burton did way better imo but at least nolan bros films were better than schumachers (batman forever1995, batman and robin1997), martinsons(batman the movie1966), bennets(batman and robin 1949), and hillyers(batman 1943) but its really not hard to make a better film than those guys

Juk3n
Memento
Batman Begins
The Prestige
Dark Knight
Inception

overrated? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Go away troll.

freakybinx
yeah they're way overrated at least i ain't stuck on 2 hacks nuts

Ridley_Prime
"Overrated" is an opinion, just as how it's my opinion that Burton's Batman films are overrated. Still like 'em though.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by freakybinx
seriously they made 2 alright batman movies burton did way better imo but at least nolan bros films were better than schumachers (batman forever1995, batman and robin1997), martinsons(batman the movie1966), bennets(batman and robin 1949), and hillyers(batman 1943) but its really not hard to make a better film than those guys

That is your opinion, but for me the new films blew Burtons out of the water, but i still enjoy burtons version from time to time. and when i was a kid i loved the 1966 movie but it sucks pretty bad now.

GGS
Inception is overrated though...... so he is not 100% wrong just 99.9%

BruceSkywalker
who are the nolan bros?? can the thread starter be more specific

Myth

Thanks for your in depth and thought provoking analysis on why Nolan and his movies are overrated.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

freakybinx
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
who are the nolan bros?? can the thread starter be more specific jonathan and christopher nolan

freakybinx
Originally posted by Myth
Thanks for your in depth and thought provoking analysis on why Nolan and his movies are overrated.

roll eyes (sarcastic) fiirst i didn't say thier movies are overrated i said they are even though some of their movies are like batman begins and the dark knight so get your facts straight secondly i think their overrated because all i ever see and hear is ''thank god for the nolan bros'' like their gods gift to humanity and in my opinion thier not but instead highly overrated

spidermanrocks
It's your opinion if you think they're overrated. Personally, I think that the Burton films are overrated because they don't stay true to the comics but get so much praise (I still enjoy them though). However, that is MY opinion. And I don't expect everyone else to agree with me.

Also, you are going to regret making this thread very soon. Why? Because on this thread lives a certain hardcore Burton hater who will soon see this thread and will start insulting Burton to no end. For those of you that have been on this Batman forum for more than 2 years, you know which person I'm talking about.

freakybinx
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
It's your opinion if you think they're overrated. Personally, I think that the Burton films are overrated because they don't stay true to the comics but get so much praise (I still enjoy them though). However, that is MY opinion. And I don't expect everyone else to agree with me.

Also, you are going to regret making this thread very soon. Why? Because on this thread lives a certain hardcore Burton hater who will soon see this thread and will start insulting Burton to no end. For those of you that have been on this Batman forum for more than 2 years, you know which person I'm talking about. yeah because you know the nolans stayed true to the comics (sarcasm btw) and as far as i can see burton barely gets any praise if anything hes underrated as far as the haters go i expected them i just dont let them get to me as long as they dont personally attack me their entitled to their opinion

Myth
fiirst i didn't say thier movies are overrated i said they are even though some of their movies are like batman begins and the dark knight so get your facts straight

I don't see much difference.

As for sharing opinions, that is all great when there are not personal attacks (as you said), but when you say "at least i ain't stuck on 2 hacks nuts" you seem to be implying a personal attack to all those who enjoy their movies. Comments like that are going to make people categorize you as a troll poster.

freakybinx
Originally posted by Myth
I don't see much difference.

As for sharing opinions, that is all great when there are not personal attacks (as you said), but when you say "at least i ain't stuck on 2 hacks nuts" you seem to be implying a personal attack to all those who enjoy their movies. Comments like that are going to make people categorize you as a troll poster.

freakybinx
theres actually a big differace people dont talk like thier movies are the greatest thing in the world just them as far as personal attacks go myth was personally attacking my analysis which directly represents me and juk3n called me a troll before i said that and ya ill personally attack someone if they do it to me first but ill be the bigger man for now as long as it dont happen again i'm sorry my bad

spidermanrocks
yeah because you know the nolans stayed true to the comics (sarcasm btw) and as far as i can see burton barely gets any praise if anything hes underrated as far as the haters go i expected them i just dont let them get to me as long as they dont personally attack me their entitled to their opinion

No offense but the first part of your post is hard to understand due to bad grammar.

freakybinx
No offense but the first part of your post is hard to understand due to bad grammar. what would you like me to clarify

spidermanrocks
what would you like me to clarify

yes.

Bloinky
So I see you put some really well thought reasons into this............But why are they overrated?

Aede Madavan
If when you say that the Nolan brothers are overrated what you actually mean is that the Coen brothers are overrated then you would be correct.

Bat Dude
My definition of overrated is a little different than what most consider the term today, so I'll go on to explain that:

To me, overrated doesn't mean that the overrated person/group/thing isn't good, it just means they're given more credit than they deserve.

For example, Kobe Bryant is overrated. He's the best player in the NBA, but he's still overrated (being compared to the GOAT, Michael Jordan) Another would be Batman himself. He's the best comic book character, imo, but that doesn't mean that he isn't still overrated (Batman with prep =/= beat everyone)

What I take Nolan being overrated as is different, as well. He's made the best live-action Batman movie of all-time so far (TDK), but it isn't the definitive Batman on-film, from a comics-to-film perspective, as many would believe. There's so much missing from his series that others have, like the atmosphere of Gotham and the aesthetics of Batman's world that Bruce Timm and Tim Burton nailed, imo, and etc.

freakybinx
yes. all i basically said was the nolans didn't stay true to the comics, burton is underrated, and i don't care about haters

freakybinx
Originally posted by Bloinky
So I see you put some really well thought reasons into this............But why are they overrated? as i explained earlier i'm just tired of people referring to them like their gods gift to the world

freakybinx
Originally posted by Aede Madavan
If when you say that the Nolan brothers are overrated what you actually mean is that the Coen brothers are overrated then you would be correct. you should actually read the thread before posting

Badabing
Closed. Sock thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.