Geek Mind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peach
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Dom2D/geek-mind

It's a flash game...about video games.

I find it more luck than anything else, though stick out tongue Sometimes I'll get a string of old Genesis RPGs, and other games I'll have Mario Kart and Halo pop up every other screenshot.

It's also extremely picky as to what it will accept for an answer (I never did figure out what is 'correct' for Mario Party, any version of Mario Kart is simply Mario Kart, and it will only take Ocarina of Time as opposed to the full title, but for Wind Waker it has to be the full title).

But it's fairly entertaining stick out tongue

StyleTime
I just played it. It's fun but I just got rocked. Only got a score of 250, lol. I thought if time ran out, you'd just be sent to the next item. I didn't know you automatically lose.

I guess it actually makes more sense for it to be that way.

Impediment

Very fun flash game.

It reminds me of what nerd I am.

duryoda

Peach
I still can't break 8000.

MadMel
The hell!
they got the name of the ninja flash game wrong!!
I kept repeating the damn thing over and over till the times was up! mad

XanatosForever
5875 on the first run through. Not bad considering most the games I could name I've never even touched. big grin

Ushgarak
Very American, annoyingly.

XanatosForever
You mean in terms of the types of games shown?

Ushgarak
Yes, especially historically.

Still, I broke 8000 specifically to annoy Lana. Knights of the Round... geez...

SaTsuJiN
I got 2925

you know that moment where you see something, you know what it is and its on the tip of your tongue.. but the only thing that comes out is "uhhhh..."

I had several of those >_>

Ushgarak
I saw Bowser and then spent 30 seconds wondering why is wasn't accepting 'The Legend of Zelda' as an answer.

It's the modern 360 and PS3 games that I am weakest on, as I've never played any, though as I say, it's a shame it is US-centric. There are dozens of Spectrum, Commodore and Amiga games I could name on sight, but few of those games appeared on popular US platforms (though nice to see Flashback there, and you get Atari 2600 spots like Pitfall and ET). I've never played any Megaman or Pokemon games or the like, either.

Peach
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Yes, especially historically.

Still, I broke 8000 specifically to annoy Lana. Knights of the Round... geez...

Grrrrr.

I get tripped up on the phone/flash games, as well as the PSN/Xbox Arcade ones.

As well as how damn fussy it can be with accepting answers.

...genius.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's the modern 360 and PS3 games that I am weakest on, as I've never played any, though as I say, it's a shame it is US-centric. There are dozens of Spectrum, Commodore and Amiga games I could name on sight, but few of those games appeared on popular US platforms (though nice to see Flashback there, and you get Atari 2600 spots like Pitfall and ET). I've never played any Megaman or Pokemon games or the like, either. I agree with this post...

Relatively fun game though.

§P0oONY
I also don't like the fact that they have included flash games. Who the hell remembers the names of Flash Games?

BloodRain
Spent ages typing in 'wheres wally' then realised its the US Waldo >_>

Really suck at this game : | still fun.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by BloodRain
Spent ages typing in 'wheres wally' then realised its the US Waldo >_>

Really suck at this game : | still fun. I did the same... laughing

9375 is my best.

I just learned if you don't know it instantly... skip.

Couple more gripes: You can put "Mario World" but not "Mario 3"... The super is needed. I also found that you needed to put Star Wars before "THe Force Unleashed", either that or I spelt The Force Unleashed incorrectly the first time.

I also don't like it that it doesn't erase your guess if you get it wrong. It's a lot quicker to retype something than go back and correct your mistake.

S_D_J
just "Force Unleashed", no need of SW before it... I think I didn't even write "The"...

4025 on first play through... can't get it anywhere near it ever since big grin

S_D_J
sorry for double post:

6525!!! eek!

Ushgarak

SaTsuJiN
I got like 11k .. they randomly put the same games more than a few times.. :/

Kazenji
2425 for me

i swear there was a game in it that was Bejeweld and the stupid thing was telling me i was wrong..... mad mad

MadMel
did you spell it right?

Kazenji
yes

MadMel
I got it.
They spell it "bejeweled". erm
Edit - hah! this game can't keep up with my typing speed. stick out tongue

Kazenji
Anyway i beat my score 9775

some of the games especally for the iphone and whatnot like to hell i know them.... erm

MadMel
I'm getting all of the nostalgia games pretty good, but its the newer ones that are puzzling me.

Also - how many people got trapped by that tetris one?
I can see that screwing a lot of people over. stick out tongue

§P0oONY
Originally posted by MadMel
I got it.
Edit - hah! this game can't keep up with my typing speed. stick out tongue You can type slowly and still beat it... It's just the 5 seconds you lose every time you skip that's the problem.

I got the Tetris one, simply because I'm pretty sure that it's from the version of Tetris I played as a kid.

MadMel
they won't accept "final fantasy VII" as an answer - it has to be "8" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Well, if you typed VII for 8 that actually makes sense.

MadMel
Sorry - VIII. stick out tongue

§P0oONY
THe only Final Fantasy game I got was VI while doing it... I think they accepted VI though.

MadMel
They also accepted "VII" for 7. erm
Maybe I spelled something wrong. stick out tongue

§P0oONY
You probably did... As I just played it again and put in FF8... and it worked... so I'm guessing VIII would be accepted.

MadMel
Weak! big grin

§P0oONY
Yeah, the game is a pain at times... I got to about 10,000 with about 25 seconds in time.. Then got bombarded with iPhone and Flash games, ended up with about 11,000... Shit games like them don't deserve to be treated like regular games.

Peach
Originally posted by MadMel
I got it.
Edit - hah! this game can't keep up with my typing speed. stick out tongue

...that's because it is spelled 'Bejeweled'.

And they accept the Roman numerals for the Final Fantasies. You just need to make sure that you're actually typing in the correct number.

S_D_J

I'm officially done

I can't name a single Iphone-flash game no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.