Tekken X Street Fighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
reports flew around the net that Street Fighter X Tekken will be at GamesCon, but actually it's only Tekken X Street Fighter that's making the appearance.

Cologne will also host a Tekken X Street Fighter tournament where eight competitors will be picked up randomly by Harada-San and Ono-San in the audience and will compete against each other along with six Tekken 6 and six Super Street Fighter 4 community members.

the event takes place on Thursday 19th August 2010.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=258938

Let the tekken hatred begin. and the hatred for this crossover.

Anyway, looking foward to this more that the sfxt version since i'm a tekkenhead moreso. i can't wait for some footage. hope i can check out that tourney too. online that is..or g4, if they have it.

..let the greatest crossover begin.

FIGHT!

cool

Juk3n
Street fighter characters moving in an 8 way directional environment is a recipe for disaster for obvious reasons. The Tekken engine is no where near as twitchy and hyper responsive enough to please the SF crowd. But EVERYONE can hang with the SF4 engine.

SaTsuJiN
I want to see gameplay of this damnit ><

majid86
SF characters will have the advantage of projectiles

SaTsuJiN
I'd imagine if its the tekken engine, doing projectile attacks may have a long start-up

Swormara III
Projectiles in a 3D environment are far less effective in 2D, because of side-stepping. I'm sure the Tekken chars could also just jump over them ala Street Fighter.

Can't wait to see how good the SF chars look in Tekken considering sfiv has lesser graphics. they will look sooo much smoother and realistic. Can't wait to see Chun-Li's realistic body! big grin

No End N Site
I wanna see how this turns out, I'm gonna buy this version if it's good. I know most fans are gonna brush this off as crap but I'm one of the few SF fans that enjoys Tekken, too.

Still, seeing SF characters with Tekken graphics is gonna look horrid.

Swormara III
Also I disagree about start-up. Those are usually for the unblockables, which I'm sure the SF balls will not be.

For the super projectiles, obviously, will by like Devinl Jin's, Alisa's, and so forth since they will be unblockable and hence have the same charge up time.

The regular ones I like to think of as Yoshimitsue's regular sword strikes...blockable. Not to mention if the normal balls are blockable in sf, it only makes sense to make the blockable in tekken. Not that tekken couldn't technically block them anyway.

Swormara III
my second to last post edited for appropriateness. stick out tongue

For some reason I think people will gasm more when the see the tekken x sf version...well probably partly due to it coming out later...

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by No End N Site
I wanna see how this turns out, I'm gonna buy this version if it's good. I know most fans are gonna brush this off as crap but I'm one of the few SF fans that enjoys Tekken, too.

Still, seeing SF characters with Tekken graphics is gonna look horrid.

This version will B even worse than Capcom's verison. Tekken characters with SF style is totaly Blievable, the other way around is complete garbage, I'm not getting any version but if I had 2 pick 1, it would B SFXTK.

SaTsuJiN
I'm still a tekken fan, hoping for it to make a better comeback (dear namco.. revive Jun randomly.. for me~~)

I think the only bad thing bout tekken graphics is that everyone shines like plastic >_>... why cant they just use the soul calibur 4 engine.. ugh the cloth, metal and hair renderings were soo nice (still kinda had the plastic skin thing going though sad )

Originally posted by Swormara III
Projectiles in a 3D environment are far less effective in 2D, because of side-stepping. I'm sure the Tekken chars could also just jump over them ala Street Fighter.

Can't wait to see how good the SF chars look in Tekken considering sfiv has lesser graphics. they will look sooo much smoother and realistic. Can't wait to see Chun-Li's realistic body! big grin

Also I disagree about start-up. Those are usually for the unblockables, which I'm sure the SF balls will not be.

For the super projectiles, obviously, will by like Devinl Jin's, Alisa's, and so forth since they will be unblockable and hence have the same charge up time.

The regular ones I like to think of as Yoshimitsue's regular sword strikes...blockable. Not to mention if the normal balls are blockable in sf, it only makes sense to make the blockable in tekken. Not that tekken couldn't technically block them anyway.

- that depends on their hit box and damage.. I cant even remember if tekken characters can jump that high either (I know they dont jump as high as VF).. I know even with just pure melee, theres still very few things in tekken that you can sidestep because the sidestep is pretty small and alot of the strikes sweep a large area

- definitely wanna see SF in tekken engine as well

- well anything I've seen energy based in tekken, even if its just a powered up fist strike, has a pretty big start-up.. even non unblockables like a few of hwoarangs kicks have a hefty start-up

- it would be interesting to see how the gameplay would change if they have blockable fireballs.. I doubt it will play like we'd expect it to in this case

SaTsuJiN
-edit- oopsie.. thought I hit the edit button, ignore

No End N Site
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
(I know they dont jump as high as VF)

Man, those bastards can jump.

majid86
I wanna see an original boss character not some cheap rip off like Dark Kahn.
My head will explode if they fuse together Heihachi Mishima & M.Bison

Bro SMASH
I don't wanna even see an original boss. I want ALL characters to be from each series.

SaTsuJiN
http://kotaku.com/5616629/an-early-look-at-tekken-x-street-fighter

big grin

majid86
Ryu looks pissed off

Esomark
Looks kinda like his SF III incarnation. More rugged.

FistOfThe North
http://kotaku.com/5616629/an-early-look-at-tekken-x-street-fighter

big grin

lol, noice..

ryu kinda looks like mitsurugi with short hair.

FistOfThe North
what! guile looks sick!

majid86
Guile looks very realistic

Zack Fair
Too bad that Guile pic ain't from the game.

FistOfThe North
i think the namco version of the sf characters are gonna look way better than 2d. and of course more realistic or less cartoony lookin'.

SaTsuJiN
I'll just.. leave this right here.. >_> ( 1:15 is my fave moment)
93or_lEsWo4

and yeah.. the guile was by someone using Zbrush at CGsociety I think.. alot of good unrecognized 3d artists out there

Swormara III
Holy motherf- Ryu looks amazing in Tekken.

Also at I thought the Guile pic was from it also. Not that he isn't going to look like that somewhat.

Dang - an official banner with Evil Ryu and Devil Jin side by side...whatever happened to Kazuya vs Ryu? Not that it makes more sense.

FistOfThe North
I'll just.. leave this right here.. >_> ( 1:15 is my fave moment)
93or_lEsWo4

and yeah.. the guile was by someone using Zbrush at CGsociety I think.. alot of good unrecognized 3d artists out there

lol.

even if you're pretending to kid, like right now,we all know that secretly you, and a few others on here, would absolutely love for tekken x street fighter to look like that just as much as you adore street fighter 4 and mvc3. but what really makes it great (for me) is you knowing it's so not gonna look like that. the inevitable dissapointment. that in fact it's gonna look stupid amazing, retarded amazing, and much more realistic that any fighter out including any of the preteen 2d fighters that are out now and that will come out. and that it'll also play better than any 3d fighter on the market now and then.

i'll hate that tekken might have to kinda dumb itself down or be lenient. like for example sf projectiles'd be an unfunny joke against a tekken warrior. and sf warriors need their colorful fires and energy balls to win so. i dunno. we'll have to wait and see in a bit...

at least keep the bone shattering and joint dislocation sound effects in.

cool

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
lol.

even if you're pretending to kid, like right now,we all know that secretly you, and a few others on here, would absolutely love for tekken x street fighter to look like that just as much as you adore street fighter 4 and mvc3. but what really makes it great (for me) is you knowing it's so not gonna look like that. the inevitable dissapointment. that in fact it's gonna look stupid amazing, retarded amazing, and much more realistic that any fighter out including any of the preteen 2d fighters that are out now and that will come out. and that it'll also play better than any 3d fighter on the market now and then.

i'll hate that tekken might have to kinda dumb itself down or be lenient. like for example sf projectiles'd be an unfunny joke against a tekken warrior. and sf warriors need their colorful fires and energy balls to win so. i dunno. we'll have to wait and see in a bit...

at least keep the bone shattering and joint dislocation sound effects in.

cool

whats that kiddo?.. I've liked tekken since it came out.. when I was in 7th and 8th grade.. just because I dislike 4 (not because it was a bad game.. but it just didnt really feel like a nice tekken to me) and 6... (5 was eh.. at least it didnt have rage mode, and it felt the closest to the older tekkens out of the new bunch), doesnt mean I 'hate' tekken.. the problem here is that 'you' give tekken way too much credit.. you bestow all these delusional accolades unto this game.. and really.. tekken has been on the decline for some time now (gameplay wise, which is sad)

so while I dont look forward to this game as much as you.. (which would probably be higher than a VF1 character could jump).. I do very much want to see how this game turns out..

as for the tekken dumbing itself down.. the street fighters dont pull punches either.. I'm pretty sure you dont know some of the silliness that SF'ers are capable of.. it all depends on how they represent the characters for whether or not the fireballs look as vicious as they should..

capcom just likes to be stylistic with each entry (as far as projectiles go).. they cant have shit flying DBZ fast and expect newcomers to be like "oh yeah I'll definitely be up in this".. not to mention, gameplay wise.. the slower the projectile the better smile (more pressure / mindgames)

SaTsuJiN
Heres a 3d ryu from CGsociety as well..

I like his anatomy, but obviously he's lacking in other areas.. but I think its still a very well done and semi-realistic model

---> Links to High Res images:

---> High Res Image 1 (http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu07_big.jpg)
---> High Res Image 2 (http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu08_big.jpg)
---> High Res Image 3 (http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu09_big.jpg)

http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu07.jpg
http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu08.jpg
http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu09.jpg

RE: Blaxican
Ehhh... not bad, but, I'm not feeling it. The way his muscles are proportioned it makes him look kind of fat. Also I feel like the ratio of face to hair is messed up. His face looks too short. They should tone down his neck muscles too lol, sheesh.

FistOfThe North
Heres a 3d ryu from CGsociety as well..

I like his anatomy, but obviously he's lacking in other areas.. but I think its still a very well done and semi-realistic model

---> Links to High Res images:

---> High Res Image 1 (http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu07_big.jpg)
---> High Res Image 2 (http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu08_big.jpg)
---> High Res Image 3 (http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu09_big.jpg)

http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu07.jpg
http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu08.jpg
http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu09.jpg

cool lookin' hi res renders of ryu. he should (finally) look a bit more asian and less european or american lookin', in the face, since he is full blooded japanese born character.

he could do without the highwaters, as well. good bod.

majid86
Ryu looks too European in those pics

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Swormara III
Holy motherf- Ryu looks amazing in Tekken.

Also at I thought the Guile pic was from it also. Not that he isn't going to look like that somewhat.

Dang - an official banner with Evil Ryu and Devil Jin side by side...whatever happened to Kazuya vs Ryu? Not that it makes more sense.

i think they meant evil ryu x devil jin. i'd rather see akuma x devil jin. demon x demon.

or if devil kazuya comes back, devil kazuya & devil jin vs evil ryu & akuma: a match made in hell..

who'd win, dunno but a battle like that would probably be the most epic 2v2 fight on both crossovers that one can create, imo.

NemeBro
I'd like to point out that in terms of storyline power, Akuma could effortlessly beat any Tekken character. In one punch.

Ohohoho.

FistOfThe North
uh oh, here we go with the island punching thing. honestly, effortlessly making an island dissapear into oblivion is a much more amazing feat but to each his own opinion.

and if we went by gameplay factors mishima and son have the more have the more stronger powers.

just me..

majid86
Akuma is way too overrated anyway i hope he's not in SFXT or TXSF & even MVC3 either because Capcom really hugs his nuts when it comes to non-canon crossovers and go see his SVC Chaos ending for proof.

FistOfThe North
well is a demonic being. and demons have supernatural powers so they powers should be great not exagerrated because what's the point of having him as a playable character if he can just kill everyone at will, and he hasn't anyway. the thing is the devil, which resides in jin. (and hopefully again in kazuya) should have way more powers than a demon because the devil is the king of demons. but even then you don't see devil jin or kazuya nerfed like akuma always is.

and it's also the reason i believe devil jin or devil kazuya can defeat Akuma single handedly. because of the devil/demon heirarchy power level difference. which is vast.

NemeBro
Your basis for Devil being stronger than Gouki: He's named Devil.

My basis for Gouki being stronger than Devil: He hits harder and has shown to be far more powerful.

Oho.

majid86
In this game they will be kinda equal in power with Evil Ryu vs Devil Jin or Devil Kazuya vs Shin Akuma.
Bryan vs Guile would be cool to see so would Yoshimitsu vs Vega

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by NemeBro
Your basis for Devil being stronger than Gouki: He's named Devil.

My basis for Gouki being stronger than Devil: He hits harder and has shown to be far more powerful.

Oho.

yea. maybe you'll have to read my posts at a slower pace so you could understand since i wrote why a devil would be stronger than demon and how i didn't base anything on anyone being called a name..

no one in hell (or on earth) is stronger than the devil. he is as stong and as powerful and as violent as you can evily get anywhere. understand?

devil jin/kazuya are the devil incarnate. akuma has demonic powers. a demon is an underling compared to the devil. who'll win..

remember,.. slowly..

Zack Fair
Originally posted by majid86
Akuma is way too overrated anyway i hope he's not in SFXT or TXSF & even MVC3 either because Capcom really hugs his nuts when it comes to non-canon crossovers and go see his SVC Chaos ending for proof.

He will be in it and he will probably be a badass in both games. That is just the way it is. Lets just pray he stays away from any Devil Gene fusions or else the multiverse will implode.

well is a demonic being. and demons have supernatural powers so they powers should be great not exagerrated because what's the point of having him as a playable character if he can just kill everyone at will, and he hasn't anyway. the thing is the devil, which resides in jin. (and hopefully again in kazuya) should have way more powers than a demon because the devil is the king of demons. but even then you don't see devil jin or kazuya nerfed like akuma always is.

and it's also the reason i believe devil jin or devil kazuya can defeat Akuma single handedly. because of the devil/demon heirarchy power level difference. which is vast.

Storywise Akuma holds back a lot. Otherwise he would be punching holes through every living being he fights. In fact Capcom has stated that reason has so little health gameplay wise, besides obvious balancing issues, is that he holds back.

Also Akuma isn't a demon so there goes your entire theory.

FistOfThe North
it resides in him. theory holds.

FistOfThe North
and akuma holding back? why fear maybe? dunno. a person possesed by a demon should know no limits. violent or otherwise.

Zack Fair
You are very confused about Akuma's origin. He is not consumed by a demon/devil/entity. He just fully embraced his discipline's lethality. That is all there is to it. He doesn't hold back out of fear; he holds back because then he would pretty much have no opposition. He isn't evil perse, just so you know.

No End N Site
The Tekken version of Ryu looks rather decent. He looks more Asian than ever. Still, now he looks like Akira Yuki. I mean, Ryu's design has always been plane but his lil stylized Capcom design has always given him a distinct flair that made him the President of Fighting games. I knew that once these guys went into full Tekken realistic 3D, they were gonna lose alot. I'm kinda sad that Ryu just looks like some dude in a gi. What personality he did have seems all but gone. I hope that Ken can keep just a lil of that fantasy Capcom style.

I hope they keep the personalities intact, as well. Ryu should be fightin' Jin for sport, not cuz he hates'im. Good luck Namco...

FistOfThe North
The Tekken version of Ryu looks rather decent. He looks more Asian than ever. Still, now he looks like Akira Yuki. I mean, Ryu's design has always been plane but his lil stylized Capcom design has always given him a distinct flair that made him the President of Fighting games. I knew that once these guys went into full Tekken realistic 3D, they were gonna lose alot. I'm kinda sad that Ryu just looks like some dude in a gi. What personality he did have seems all but gone. I hope that Ken can keep just a lil of that fantasy Capcom style.

keep in mind that those are only very rough renditions of ryu in tekken x sf, which is more than 2 years out. so don't lose all hope. visually namco'll do an astounding job as they did with tekken 6 and soul calibur 4.

you'll see.

cool

SaTsuJiN
Visually, I dont think tekken 6 holds a candle to soul calibur 4

gameplay wise, .. soul cal 4 was a bit on the sloppy side.. 3 was just garbage.. but I felt 2 was the best entry in the series

Zack Fair
I agree. SC2 was the best in the series for me.

Ridley_Prime
SC3 was garbage? Does not compute!

NemeBro
yea. maybe you'll have to read my posts at a slower pace so you could understand since i wrote why a devil would be stronger than demon and how i didn't base anything on anyone being called a name..

no one in hell (or on earth) is stronger than the devil. he is as stong and as powerful and as violent as you can evily get anywhere. understand?

devil jin/kazuya are the devil incarnate. akuma has demonic powers. a demon is an underling compared to the devil. who'll win..

remember,.. slowly.. I did read your post. Doesn't make the logic behind your post any less laughable.

Only Devil is a title, it means absolutely nothing when comparing characters from two fictional verses. Demons in the Disgaeaverse for example, though not "the devil," would wreck the entirety of Tekken with absolute ease, Devils included.

Mephisto is essentially the Devil of Marvel. I can name several characters in Marvel who could make him their *****, evil ones as well.

You are aware Gouki is neither a demon nor are his powers demonic, correct?

Please refrain from condescending to someone who has logically torn your argument apart.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
SC3 was garbage? Does not compute!

Allow me to clarify.. the game looked very nice.. but some of the cast was extremely broken.. which if you tried to take the game seriously, put a huge damper on your ability to actually enjoy it

----------

also.. 悪魔 Akuma, would (I believe) be translated to Devil

(just as 悪マン AkuMan, of dragonball fame, has been translated to Devil Man)

his alter name 豪鬼 Gouki, would be Great Ogre / Demon

to sum it up.. a rose by any other name, yada yada.. stick out tongue

FistOfThe North
I did read your post. Doesn't make the logic behind your post any less laughable.

Only Devil is a title, it means absolutely nothing when comparing characters from two fictional verses. Demons in the Disgaeaverse for example, though not "the devil," would wreck the entirety of Tekken with absolute ease, Devils included.

Mephisto is essentially the Devil of Marvel. I can name several characters in Marvel who could make him their *****, evil ones as well.

You are aware Gouki is neither a demon nor are his powers demonic, correct?

Please refrain from condescending to someone who has logically torn your argument apart.

lol.

"mr." is a title. "ma'am" is. "sir" is. kazuya and jin had the actual devil inside them. they weren't just called that cause they looked mean as much as you thought so..

maybe in mephisto's case, where he's nick named that but we're talking about the king of hell.

and unless i'm being highly paid i'm bad, horrible, at listening to commands or taking orders so no i won't refrain, just because.

or just because you illogically tried to tear my argument apart and failed.

you failed at failing.

cool

SaTsuJiN
http://www.tekkenpedia.com/wiki/Devil_Gene

from what I understand, nothing is really explained or set in stone about the devil gene.. and from this, apparently wasn't even conceived until tekken 4

not quite sure I care for it either.. I liked when it was more spiritual.. and kazuya had the angel side as well

No End N Site
keep in mind that those are only very rough renditions of ryu in tekken x sf, which is more than 2 years out. so don't lose all hope. visually namco'll do an astounding job as they did with tekken 6 and soul calibur 4.

you'll see.

cool

You can do something that looks good visually and still be 'way' off base.

FistOfThe North
You can do something that looks good visually and still be 'way' off base.

we were only talking about graphics only. not anything else.

Swormara III
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/12/perfectko002.jpg

What Ken and Chun would look like on a PS2 version of Tekken X Street Fighter.

NemeBro
Ken looks kind of funny lol.

SaTsuJiN
more like "what ken and chun li would look like in WoW" (a 6 year old game) sick *sound of chunks splatting on the floor*

Th3birdman
@ Sat

Really? Chun-li looks pretty damned accurate to me. I'm also glad Namco is making Ken look slightly Asian, if these scans are from the game.

No End N Site
Ken looks garbage as hell. Chun Li looks pretty damn good, tho!

Th3birdman
Disagree on Ken. But they need to get with the damned program and put Chun in her Alpha Unitard.

No End N Site
Her Alpha fit is tired and played out. I would rather see her in somethin new.

Th3birdman
it only appears in a couple games dude... I happen to be of the opinion that a Red or Black updated uni would be PERFECT. I mean the blue qi is the one I'm sick of. But knowing Tekken, the customization should be FAR superior to the SFxTK offering, so I can take comfort in that at least

NemeBro
I love the blue qipao.

SO NO.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Th3birdman
it only appears in a couple games dude... I happen to be of the opinion that a Red or Black updated uni would be PERFECT. I mean the blue qi is the one I'm sick of. But knowing Tekken, the customization should be FAR superior to the SFxTK offering, so I can take comfort in that at least

It's been in every Alpha game and never been a fan of "customization"...as far as fighting games go.

Th3birdman
Nah. There are much better outfits she can wear. Not to mention it's a tad bit archaic, considering Chinese women wouldn't wear it outside formal/traditional situations. But the again, political correctness ain't SF's boat to sail on...

Th3birdman
Doesn't really matter if you're a fan of it or not-- it's Tekken's engine and I'm almost certain there'll be a degree of customization.

No End N Site
Doesn't really matter if you're a fan of it or not-- it's Tekken's engine and I'm almost certain there'll be a degree of customization.

But you said it in a reply towards me like I would really care. The last thing on my mind when I'm buyin' a fightin' game is what costume I wanna wear. Sorry, that's just not me.

NemeBro
But you said it in a reply towards me like I would really care. The last thing on my mind when I'm buyin' a fightin' game is what costume I wanna wear. Sorry, that's just not me. For the most part, I agree with this, the gameplay, especially in a fighter, is what is most important.

Though a cool extra costume can be nice, like the incredibly badass alternate outfit for Gouki. no expression

No End N Site
Exactly, somethin 'extra'.

Th3birdman
No End-- you literally caused me to facepalm.

I was only saying that I liked alpha's uni, and that because it's Tekken, I will most likely be able to customize Chun's overused qi costume. I couldn't care less how you feel about customization honestly. Geez, people are so quick to believe someone is attacking them or their stance....

No End N Site
No End-- you literally caused me to facepalm.

I was only saying that I liked alpha's uni, and that because it's Tekken, I will most likely be able to customize Chun's overused qi costume. I couldn't care less how you feel about customization honestly. Geez, people are so quick to believe someone is attacking them or their stance....

You just caused 'me' to facepalm. I didn't see what you said as an attack on me. It's not even that type of party.

You basically told 'me' that you like Chun's costumes in Tekken cuz you can "customize" it and I told you, basically, that I didn't care lol.

Th3birdman
When it's my opinion, you caring isn't a prerequisite. Doesn't really matter though. I'm pretty sure you choose either to wear the other costumes or colors in SSF4. Customization.

/Hand

No End N Site
When it's my opinion, you caring isn't a prerequisite.

Well don't phuckin' tell 'me' how you feel about anything, period or ever, cuz I don't care. Don't tell me your opinion, even if I specifically ask you. We have established that no one cares about each other's opinion so this shouldn't happen again. smile

Th3birdman
"Her Alpha fit is tired and played out. I would rather see her in somethin new"

Ahh hypocrisy.

/Hand

NemeBro
So can we agree Gouki's alternate outfit in IV was awesome?

Th3birdman
Heck yes. And one that wasn't? My man Ken... FML

No End N Site
"Her Alpha fit is tired and played out. I would rather see her in somethin new"

Ahh hypocrisy.

/Hand

That was after....

Disagree on Ken. But they need to get with the damned program and put Chun in her Alpha Unitard.
I wasn't even talkin' to you when I said Ken looked like trash, lmbao.

So can we agree Gouki's alternate outfit in IV was awesome?

Which one? Cuz the 1st Alt. sucked ballz.

NemeBro
Uh, I am pretty sure it was the second alt, where he has shin and handguards, and has a long ponytail?

Th3birdman
I'm curious- you have short term memory? 'Cause I remember talking to Sat and you interjecting with "Ken looks garbage." Once again, you've contradicted yourself. Fail.

No End N Site
I'm curious- you have short term memory? 'Cause I remember talking to Sat and you interjecting with "Ken looks garbage." Once again, you've contradicted yourself. Fail.

Wasn't even talkin' to you. Just seen the old ass thread at the top of the page, clicked it and saw the pics the "Sword Guy" posted. Then I comented on the pic I saw cuz it was new to me.

No one says "fail" any more, you are hilarious. laughing

Uh, I am pretty sure it was the second alt, where he has shin and handguards, and has a long ponytail?

Yeah, Samurai Akuma was the best of the bunch. I would get that alt. if I had Live. Now Akuma's got a new alt on the way that makes'em look like a warlock.

Th3birdman
No one says fail? Fail.

On alts-
is it me or shouldn't they have just included the other costumes in SSF4?? Didn't they say it originally was DLC that became a full fledged game?? My logic here is that the first costume pack had been out before the other game released...

Zack Fair
I love the idea of staring at Chun's ass in the skintight outfit...

No End N Site
No one says fail? Fail.

Lame...

Th3birdman
Zack- F'n AGREED. That's exactly what I was getting at.

End- isn't that an opinion?

/facepalm that goes through head

No End N Site

End- isn't that an opinion?

Nope. no

Th3birdman
Wow, you are an idiot. I'm really not trying to flame or disrespect you, but c'mon... Saying something is lame isn't an opinion? The ignorance is suffocating, and your SN is fitting

No End N Site
Wow, you are an idiot. I'm really not trying to flame or disrespect you, but c'mon... Saying something is lame isn't an opinion? The ignorance is suffocating, and your SN is fitting

Now I know you're definitely lame as hell. Who really resorts to callin' names in a situation as tame as this? laughing

We haven't even been going back and forth to equal even a dozen posts and you're already callin' my outta my name. Doesn't look good. no

Th3birdman
Escaping my question eh?

But you're still contradicting yourself. Lame is an adjective, same as idiot. Ergo, you did the same thing, but you're berating me. Piss off and stick to the topic.

That said- I'm actually interested in seeing how they deal with the combo situation. I mean, Tekken has a ridiculous amount of combos. Will the SF players gain some * square square triangle square circle cross* combos?

NemeBro
Lame is an adjective, same as idiot. Um, what?

Idiot is a noun. haermm

Th3birdman
LOL I am a master of the english language. That said- (can't believe I gotta do this)

We can use a noun as an adjective when it precedes a noun that it modifies; a mountain bike is a bike designed for riding up mountains.

If the term is being used to descibe another noun, it's an adjective. In this case, the noun idiot is used as an adjective. Most nouns can be handled this way.

/Hand

No End N Site

We can use a noun as an adjective when it precedes a noun that it modifies; a mountain bike is a bike designed for riding up mountains.

It's not an opinion tho, it's fact that the bike is a mountain bike.

Escaping my question eh?

You did not ask a question in your last post. laughing

But you're still contradicting yourself. Lame is an adjective, same as idiot. Ergo, you did the same thing, but you're berating me. Piss off and stick to the topic.

Contradiction, where? I said what you said was lame cuz what you said was actually lame. If I called it cool right now, I would be lyin'.

Also, all opinions are adjectives, but not all adjectives are opinions. Keep that in mind. I revealed that 'you' are a lame (as in a noun) after I called your statemnet lame (as in an adjective) and you tried insult me for it ....and now argue semantics smile

Th3birdman
It's not an opinion tho, it's fact that the bike is a mountain bike.

Deserved names make it a fact, no? ( this is why idiot is deserved) MOUNTAIN was the noun DESCRIBING (adjective) bike. /Hand

"You did not ask a question in your last post. "

"End- isn't that an opinion?"

/Hand

Stating something is lame is an opinion. Let it go. It's lame to you, fine, I won't agrue that. Cool people think uncool people are lame, and "uncool" people think the "cool" people are lame. Point being, lameness is subjective, whereas idiocy, when provided with evidence, is NOT. As you said-

"all opinions are adjectives, but not all adjectives are opinions"

/Hand

No End N Site
There is so much wrong with what you said but even if I pointed it out, you would still deny it.sad

whereas idiocy/lameness/anything else, when provided with evidence, is NOT.

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing
OMFG!

I quit! You win, no more! Pleez, I've had enough! iorilmao

Th3birdman
Whoa I can sue you for that ya know

No End N Site
????????

Th3birdman
" There is so much wrong with what you said but even if I pointed it out, you would still deny it."

Don't hurt yourself bud. I'd much rather be friends. *seriously*

No End N Site
Riiight.......

Th3birdman
I mean we can argue, but internet b33f..... not my bag of chips. I mean, we don't have any problem in the 5 other threads we're in.

No End N Site
Arguin' aint my thing, period. On or off the internet. This is why I'm in the Cpu/Vg Discussion Section most of the time. If I feel like I'm gonna bump heads with someone more often than not, I just ignore'em completely after a while.

I'm a strong proponent of the Ignore List.

Th3birdman
^^ dug.

Tactical Knee
Well here's one ansatsuken pose as well as Chun-Li's, but using Heihachi and Nina skins. Also shows what one version of the shoryuken will look like.e9O9e8ununY
Just Hirada teasing like a stupid idiot.

And these are excellent models for Guile/Bison:_uUg_Eb6aj0

Frisky Dingo
That last vid is fake.

Lethal Force
Would be freaking awesome was the point.

Frisky Dingo
And how are you aware of "the point". You are not him, are you?

Lethal Force
He said "excellent models" did he not? I'd think that'd equate to awesome.

FistOfThe North
street fighter x tekken looks like it should be a side game you can play in scenario campaigne in tekken x street fighter. that's if it were to have a campaigne.

Bro SMASH
Sure wish this was Tekken vs. Dead or Alive instead.

Ridley_Prime
Now that I think about it, that would be cooler. Much cooler.

FistOfThe North
or even better (and finally) mk vs street fighter in (2d) w/fatalities using sf's engine.

Bro SMASH
Yeah that too.

I'm just disappointed that both Capcom and Namco missed their marks on much better crossovers. Namco could have picked either Sega or Tecmo to do a crossover game with. Of course, in the case of Tecmo, they couldn't have always been possible this since Itagaki hates Tekken but since he's gone, I think they should make it happen.

And as for Capcom, they could have at least waited until like after MK9 was released and then decide to do a SFvsMK (heck they could do two different versions like in this case, with other one done by NRS). Heck, I would have also liked a Shonen Jump vs. Capcom at the same time (with Niitsuma behind that).

But Street Fighter against Tekken? Who the heck asked for that? no expression Even Ono said that Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter is an obvious idea but that's EXACTLY why is should have happened by now.

Honestly, despite being SLIGHTLY interested in the idea (my only interest is how well one series characters translate to the game of the other), I was never really excited about this concept and was even hoping it wasn't true. They need to just go on ahead and do some obvious crossovers first before moving on to an idea like this.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Sure wish this was Tekken vs. Dead or Alive instead.
If they could balance the system mechanics between the two, that would be a great game.
or even better (and finally) mk vs street fighter in (2d) w/fatalities using sf's engine.
That too.
Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter
And that.

FistOfThe North
Yeah that too.

I'm just disappointed that both Capcom and Namco missed their marks on much better crossovers. Namco could have picked either Sega or Tecmo to do a crossover game with. Of course, in the case of Tecmo, they couldn't have always been possible this since Itagaki hates Tekken but since he's gone, I think they should make it happen.

And as for Capcom, they could have at least waited until like after MK9 was released and then decide to do a SFvsMK (heck they could do two different versions like in this case, with other one done by NRS). Heck, I would have also liked a Shonen Jump vs. Capcom at the same time (with Niitsuma behind that).

But Street Fighter against Tekken? Who the heck asked for that? no expression Even Ono said that Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter is an obvious idea but that's EXACTLY why is should have happened by now.

Honestly, despite being SLIGHTLY interested in the idea (my only interest is how well one series characters translate to the game of the other), I was never really excited about this concept and was even hoping it wasn't true. They need to just go on ahead and do some obvious crossovers first before moving on to an idea like this.

don't forget the namco and capcom (and nrs) are business companies that're there to make a profit first and foremost.

tekken happens to be the most popular 3d fighter and street fighter the most popular 2d fighter. combining the 2 would equate into a cash cow then all else come afterwords. they're not looking at niche markets, they're looking for a mass quantity of buyers who use or in this case play, the product alot.

sxt will no doubt be the top fighter of 2012 and they know this.

Bro SMASH
Most popular 3D and 2D fighting games? I don't think so. They still got their own competition going on and also, I don't think all that is a good reason for them to make these games. Just because they're big names in the business doesn't mean they'd make a good mix up. Instead, why don't they just give us what fans have been demanding all these years? They would have worked out much better than these games.

SFxT being top fighter in 2012? If they don't improve on what was shown in the last gameplay vids, then it probably won't be anywhere close to the top.

Street Fighter and Tekken are definitely the most popular of their respective scenes. You can argue all you want about 2nd tier games like Mortal Kombat, DoA, King of Fighters of whatever, but popularity can be objectively proven by sales. Look at the sales.

Bro SMASH
They're just highly well-known. Popularity is another thing and the sales got nothing to do with their popularity.

It doesn't change the fact that they still got competitions in their own scenes that has proven to be a threat to them. People aren't gonna overlook that, no matter how "popular" Tekken and Street Fighter are.

Sales don't mean well known. wtf. Sales mean people who go out and buy the game. If, for the sake of example, Mortal Kombat was more popular than Street Fighter, why would less people go out and buy Mortal Kombat, then street fighter?

-Pr-
Mortal Kombat is steadily re-establishing itself. IIRC it already outsold MVC 3, and is steadily approaching a million units. It's definitely heading in the right direction...

I really hope it sells well enough they do a sequel and use the same game mechanics. Like you said, it's definitely heading in the right direction.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Sales don't mean well known. wtf. Sales mean people who go out and buy the game. If, for the sake of example, Mortal Kombat was more popular than Street Fighter, why would less people go out and buy Mortal Kombat, then street fighter?

You have to be more specific than that because it depends on what game each company released at the time.

-Pr-
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I really hope it sells well enough they do a sequel and use the same game mechanics. Like you said, it's definitely heading in the right direction.

I think they've finally nailed down the right engine/mechanics, and based on sales so far (plus the buzz created by legacy), not making a sequel would be a surprise to me...

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by -Pr-
IIRC it already outsold MVC 3

It didn't. Capcom just released financials yesterday and MVC3 is at 2 mil with a "Super" version on they way next year.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
It didn't. Capcom just released financials yesterday and MVC3 is at 2 mil with a "Super" version on they way next year.

Glorified f**k up, IMO. But I'm no hatah so I'll leave it at that.

With 3SOE and TTT2 on the way, with implied effort on what may be SoulCal V, with Daisuke sayin (now) that there will be an eventual addition to GG and the mother load of all good news, Capcom stated just a few days ago that they are aware that people love their 'other' fighting franchises and that the future looks nice for fans, I can look past my disgust for MVC3....And SFxT.

Now if only there was some kind of info on KOFXIII gettin that thur console release.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by -Pr-
IIRC it already outsold MVC 3
Goddammit Pr, you got me excited there for nothing.

LegionnaireSpin
Some fans won't appreciate the more detailed, sophisticated Ryu appearing in this version, which will be sad indeed.

Frisky Dingo
Glorified f**k up, IMO. But I'm no hatah so I'll leave it at that.

Well how do you feel about the Street Fighter IV series selling over 6 mil discs? And with AE due out next month at just 20$ and the PC audience finally getting the chance to get on board, the series will easily reach 7 or even 8 mil. And yes, I am keeping track. I want RS3 and DS4 DAMN IT! mad

You can hate MVC3 all you want, but after playing it all this time, the game is great at being what it is, a fighting game. Although, once AE come out, I can see it loose its "New Toy Shine".

No End N Site
Well how do you feel about the Street Fighter IV series selling over 6 mil discs? And with AE due out next month at just 20$ and the PC audience finally getting the chance to get on board, the series will easily reach 7 or even 8 mil. And yes, I am keeping track. I want RS3 and DS4 DAMN IT! mad

You can hate MVC3 all you want, but after playing it all this time, the game is great at being what it is, a fighting game. Although, once AE come out, I can see it loose its "New Toy Shine".

Well SFIV was actually done right, I have no problem with its success. Like Jwong and Markman said, SFIV is the "Jesus of Fighting Games".

MVC3 just strayed too far from its predecessor and I don't like it. I will admit, it is a very fun game to watch, tho. Mainly cuz Marvel is just too hype. Just look...

eV18U3R3AqY
00:30 - 00:58 (Whole vid is cray, tho)

In the short term, I can't wait for 3S:OE. Get some new blood on the scene and see some other tricks. Back in the day, Yun, Chun and Ken was the shit. But peeps have been unleashin the Dragon with Koto, Akuma, and Urien, as of late.

Frisky Dingo
That's a little too "hype". Mr.Pavy's hype vids are always fun to watch, though.

And don't forget about the play Dudley, Hugo, Yun and Necro get. How could I forget Japanese Sean players?! And Sean is BOTTOM tier and they beats players and rank in top 8 sometimes. People who think this game is terribly unbalanced are just ignorant.

litoTt3gLz4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.