who are level omega mutants and is wolverine considerd one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pkerforlife
one wolverines power is not a healing factor. yes it was said in the comic where ultimate wolvie faught hulk but she hulk apeared and they got nuked and he woke up decapatated in a box. shield said his body was finding some other way to get oxygen and put wolvie in a box with no air to prove that his mutant power was realy to survive yes he woke up screaming at shield cause they didnt know if that would kill him. yes he screamed with his body actualy in a separite room. so wolverine has to be omega level to survive that/ the most shocking part is that the 2 time wolvie got adamantim on his bones. apocolipse made it part of his dna so he wouldnt have to go through with lacing it again. so if a claw does break. he will regrow it adamantim and all.

KingD19
You really need to read comics besides Ultimate.

No, he's not Omega, and in Ultimate, Adamantium is nowhere near as strong as even secondary Adamantium in 616.

Omegas are people like

Franklin Richards
Storm
Iceman

People who control fundamental elements of the universe, not people who heal fast.

pkerforlife
i mean he has the power to be classified to be omega only reason he is alpha is becaouse he has so many weaknesses and flaws. other then that he could well be classified omega

Ridley_Prime
I may just stab a part of my left arm if Wolverine ever becomes omega level.

pkerforlife
many times wolverine has defeated sabertooth who is classified gamma level mutant. and i know he can take nightcrawler or beast. so he has to be powereful enough to be at least gamma level

KingD19
Lol...your logic is so twisted.

Wolverine is Beta level.

And the class system isn't based solely on strength or abilities. Wolverine is Beta because he's feral, has fangs and is hairy.

Cyclops is Alpha, but he's considered Beta or Gamma because he can't control his powers.

Colossus is Alpha because there's nothing wrong with him, and he has complete control of his abilities.....etc......

You really need to do a lot more research before you go asking questions with obvious answers.

pkerforlife
sory my bad but to be classified an beta you have to be near human aperaenc and have a very powerful mutant power but litle control ovrer it like wolverine cant control his healing ability leading to lost memories so as i said without these flaws wolvie would be considerd omega just tell my why he shouldnt

pkerforlife
im just trying to say there is little bit of mutants who can defeat wolverine in a death match. and the level he is put at doesnt fit him

KingD19
Yes...Logan appears human, he's just really hairy and has noticeable canine teeth. And he has no control over his healing factor, as such, he's a Beta.

And without the hair, fangs and uncontrollable healing factor, he would be Alpha.

To be Omega, you have to have immense control over something like energy or gravity, or something....not heal really fast.

the ninjak
Squirrel Girl should be Omega considering her track record. And she's furry and animal like.

KingD19
Originally posted by the ninjak
Squirrel Girl should be Omega considering her track record. And she's furry and animal like.

Squirrel Girl is LT level, end of story.

pkerforlife
yes but when wolverine turns to ferrel mode resembles more of an animal then human

GGS
And what does he do once he turns Feral? Just the same as normal Wolverine.

Although i can see where you are coming from in regards to his healing factor.

But if his healing factor alone was an omega level power, then Deadpool, Hulk, Sabertooth etc. etc. would all be omega level as well as they have better ones.

Simply having a healing factor you can't control doesn't = omega level though

Wolverine can't control his healing factor in the same way that other Omegas have complete control over their powers.

-Pr-
Originally posted by KingD19

Wolverine is Beta level.

And the class system isn't based solely on strength or abilities. Wolverine is Beta because he's feral, has fangs and is hairy.

Cyclops is Alpha, but he's considered Beta or Gamma because he can't control his powers.

Colossus is Alpha because there's nothing wrong with him, and he has complete control of his abilities.....etc......

You really need to do a lot more research before you go asking questions with obvious answers.

where does it say Cyclops is considered Beta or Gamma?

iirc, He's an Alpha. His powers don't have any side effects that can't be controlled.

KingD19
I said he was an Alpha, I should have clarified that I considered him lower simply for the fact that he can't consciously control his powers.

-Pr-
ah, ok...

Dum Dum Dugan

Wolverine is Beta level.

Actaully wolverine been stated as alpha in AOA and I dont think he ever onces been referenced as anything other then alpha.

Wolverine feral, fangs and hairy have nothing to do with him being a mutant. He a lupin, he not even human. He evolved from wolve like races. So really none of thoses characteristic would make him a beta becauses there norms of his actaul race.

cyclopes is an alpha, he can't control his powers becuases of head injury.

also wolverine can control his healing factor, he potrayed this to an extenet a few times by preventing his hair form growing back. Though he is more certainly not an omega.

KingD19
AoA is not canon. And in 616, Jubilee stated he's a Beta...therefore, he's a Beta. Lupine or not, he's considered a Beta level mutant.

I said Cyclops is an Alpha....you should have known that since you quoted what I said. I said that I consider him lower because of his head injury. I even clarified in another post.

And most of the time he can't control it, he's talked about how he can't control it before. And being able to stop your hair from growing back is only a fraction of control, considering he can't stop skin or organs from growing back.

Dum Dum Dugan
AoA is not canon. And in 616, Jubilee stated he's a Beta...therefore, he's a Beta. Lupine or not, he's considered a Beta level mutant.

I said Cyclops is an Alpha....you should have known that since you quoted what I said. I said that I consider him lower because of his head injury. I even clarified in another post.

And most of the time he can't control it, he's talked about how he can't control it before. And being able to stop your hair from growing back is only a fraction of control, considering he can't stop skin or organs from growing back.
I know it not. First off she a kid and has no sort of authority on the matter. That also took places prior to it being revealed wolverine not even a mutant in the same senses as the others. so the things that would mate him beta wouldent becuases there normal characteristics of his race and really have nothing to do with his powers.

really when was this stated? seeing as how ive read pretty much every dam comic he ever been in I find this quite hard to believe I missed such a statement.

he never tried to stop his skin or organs from regrowing so your simply speculating that he can't. Hell in one book he even let him self get taken by a bunch of organ stealers, and was taken out by almost nothing but a few bullets, later in that same issue when he fighting back ten times the amount of damage does nothing to him.

wannabe
It is moot to discuss Logan's (lack of) control over his healing factor in order to determine wether he is alpha or beta. He's got an anatomical feature (claws) that discern him from normal humans AND does him initial harm whenever he uses it. This alone is enough to classify him as a beta level mutant.

@pkerforlife:
To put "omega level mutant" and "Wolverine" in one sentence is hurting my eyes and mind, so please STOP IT!!!

Mshinu
Wolverine is definately a Whiskey level mutant.

the ninjak
I always thought Alpha were those who used their gifts to peak level status. Storm Xavier Magneto types with Cyclops and Gambits being on the lower area of Alpha.

Logan should be around Beta his powers aren't why he is deadly. His Augmentations and experience are.

Omegas are your Iceman Vulcan types, those whose abilities elevate them to Elemental level.

KingD19
Originally posted by the ninjak
I always thought Alpha were those who used their gifts to peak level status. Storm Xavier Magneto types with Cyclops and Gambits being on the lower area of Alpha.

Logan should be around Beta his powers aren't why he is deadly. His Augmentations and experience are.

Omegas are your Iceman Vulcan types, those whose abilities elevate them to Elemental level.

Xavier is Alpha, so is Magneto, but he might as well be Omega with everything he's done.

Cyclops is Alpha, and Gambit has the potential to be Omega as New Son.

And his claws are a natural part of his power set...they just had adamantium put on them later.....so yeah, his powers are why he's deadly, his augmentations and experience just add to it.

And yeah, Iceman, Storm, Vulcan, Legion, even Darwin, those with unlimited potential are Omegas.

the ninjak
I've noticed that lately....Storm being considered Omega.

I just have never seen her do anything that would give her a chance against Iceman Vulcan Legion.

I will always see her as being High Alpha with Mags.

KingD19
She's done some pretty crazy stuff that puts her in the Omega category...I'm not the person to ask, but if you go to her respect thread or ask someone like Dmills or Stilt, they'll tell you she's Omega.

Mshinu
Storm is more powerful than many give her credit for. Still, there is less reason to speculate she might be an omega than say Magneto or Xavier.

GGS
Storm has omega power potential, I remember even back at the start she briefly turned into a 'goddess' thing on Dr Doom and the X mens asses and Claremont was connecting and dropping hints to her change being on par as Jeans and Dark Phoenix levels of power corrupting her etc. etc.

She was ok by the end of the comic though she saw the error of her ways lol.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by wannabe
It is moot to discuss Logan's (lack of) control over his healing factor in order to determine wether he is alpha or beta. He's got an anatomical feature (claws) that discern him from normal humans AND does him initial harm whenever he uses it. This alone is enough to classify him as a beta level mutant.

@pkerforlife:
To put "omega level mutant" and "Wolverine" in one sentence is hurting my eyes and mind, so please STOP IT!!!
clearly you are not up to date on wolverine or read my post. Logan is not a normal human. He not a human at all. He a lupin. Thoses features are quite normal for his race

Dum Dum Dugan
Xavier is Alpha, so is Magneto, but he might as well be Omega with everything he's done.

Cyclops is Alpha, and Gambit has the potential to be Omega as New Son.

And his claws are a natural part of his power set...they just had adamantium put on them later.....so yeah, his powers are why he's deadly, his augmentations and experience just add to it.

And yeah, Iceman, Storm, Vulcan, Legion, even Darwin, those with unlimited potential are Omegas.
xavier was stated as an omega

never understood the new so aspect. was that infact what he could become or was that simply someone increasing his abilities with out side factors?

true

storm should not be an omega in my opinion, She was always an alpha untill that extremely pro blck author/ boarder line racist randomly was like storm an omega. Whcih is odd sinces her power is semi killing her and she can't even uses it upper levels with out fear of destroying her body.

peejayd
Originally posted by pkerforlife
so wolverine has to be omega level to survive that

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
storm should not be an omega in my opinion,

* i don't get it... you don't consider Storm an omega-level, but you consider Wolverine one? confused

KingD19
Dum Dum: New Son Gambit is what Gambit could be if he had full use of his powers. But he had Sinisiter remove a portion of his brain so he couldn't access full power. Then Sinister put the portion back in, and Gambit burned his powers out fighting New Son.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by peejayd
* i don't get it... you don't consider Storm an omega-level, but you consider Wolverine one? confused
wait what? you copy two different posters. Infact I stated wolverine wasent an omega.

how does posting someone elses saying wolverine an omega make it my opinion?

Dum Dum Dugan
Dum Dum: New Son Gambit is what Gambit could be if he had full use of his powers. But he had Sinisiter remove a portion of his brain so he couldn't access full power. Then Sinister put the portion back in, and Gambit burned his powers out fighting New Son.
Ok thanks, that was one of the few things in x-men I dident get. I must have missed that issue or something.

RLAAMJR.
Squirrel Girl is LT level, end of story.

A strike of lightning will incinerate Squirrel Girl.... a lightning summoned by Storm

KingD19
Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
A strike of lightning will incinerate Squirrel Girl.... a lightning summoned by Storm

In your dreams. Doom will be in the area, and right before SG gets hit, the lightning diverts itself and hits Viktor.

peejayd
wait what? you copy two different posters. Infact I stated wolverine wasent an omega.

how does posting someone elses saying wolverine an omega make it my opinion?

*ok, my bad... i just thought you two are the same person... stick out tongue

Dum Dum Dugan
how did you come to such a conclusion?

I dont think are names could be any more different........we don't even have any of the same leters........and I have spaces in my name.......you need to seorusly have your eyes checked........

RLAAMJR.
In your dreams. Doom will be in the area, and right before SG gets hit, the lightning diverts itself and hits Viktor.

Storm has beaten Doom in Rogue Storm issue.

As well as when Storm and BP went To Doom's place.

I guess you didn't know Storm beating the nigh omnipotent Trion in their OWN dimension.

KingD19
Storm has beaten Doom in Rogue Storm issue.

As well as when Storm and BP went To Doom's place.

I guess you didn't know Storm beating the nigh omnipotent Trion in their OWN dimension.

I know full well what Storm did...but it doesn't matter. Storm, Vulcan, Onslaught...none of them can beat Squirrel Girl.

When Storm adds Thanos and Galactus to her list of defeated villains, then she can talk to Squirrel Girl.

RLAAMJR.
I know full well what Storm did...but it doesn't matter. Storm, Vulcan, Onslaught...none of them can beat Squirrel Girl.

When Storm adds Thanos and Galactus to her list of defeated villains, then she can talk to Squirrel Girl.

Squirrel Girl doesn't have long range attacks and she isn't fast so that means, she can't dodge a lightning.

Squirrel Girl and her squirrels need to breathe still, if Storm allows it.

KingD19
Squirrel Girl doesn't have long range attacks and she isn't fast so that means, she can't dodge a lightning.

Squirrel Girl and her squirrels need to breathe still, if Storm allows it.

Listen to me....Squirrel Girl defies logic...her creators made it so that she can't lose. There's no point in arguing with me, she's a joke character whose absurdly powerful...because they made her that way.

wannabe
clearly you are not up to date on wolverine or read my post. Logan is not a normal human. He not a human at all. He a lupin. Thoses features are quite normal for his race
As a matter of fact i AM up to date on Logan, whether you believe it or not.
This whole Romulus-Lupine-Species thing is utter CRAP. It was a bold idea completely not thought trough. I mean:
- wolves evolving into completely primate/human forms?
- wolves becoming genetically undescernable from primates/humans?
- wolves evolving into humanoids actually featuring felinoid characteristics (Sabretooth, Feral, Thorrn)?
But even if it would be considered canon that Logan isn't a human mutant but a lupine one, certain facts remain: His form of claws is not normal for lupines either and they are inflicting harm on him when used, thus making him beta whether considered a human or a lupine mutant.

Dum Dum Dugan
As a matter of fact i AM up to date on Logan, whether you believe it or not.
This whole Romulus-Lupine-Species thing is utter CRAP. It was a bold idea completely not thought trough. I mean:
- wolves evolving into completely primate/human forms?
- wolves becoming genetically undescernable from primates/humans?
- wolves evolving into humanoids actually featuring felinoid characteristics (Sabretooth, Feral, Thorrn)?
But even if it would be considered canon that Logan isn't a human mutant but a lupine one, certain facts remain: His form of claws is not normal for lupines either and they are inflicting harm on him when used, thus making him beta whether considered a human or a lupine mutant.
feral and thorn turn into wolves......how is that felinoid in the least?

Yes it is cannon, and the fact you like it or not does not change the fact it is infact what he is.

His mutation it selfs did not causes him harm, the fact when he releases the claws they happen to go through the back of his hand. That does not make him beta. beta are people like marrow who can not controll there ability which forces constant pain. Wolverine has complete control over his claws even with out the aid of his powers.

wannabe
feral and thorn turn into wolves......how is that felinoid in the least?Feral and Thorrn do not "turn" into anything and their mutation has always been described as felinoid.
Besides Feral, Thornn and Sabes there is another contradicting character i forgot to mention: Sasquatch, who was also part of that oh-so-clever lupine-race story, isn't lupine at all or even a mutant.
OH - and "it's always the blond versus the black"??? Pleeease, does it go anymore shallow or stupid? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes it is cannon, and the fact you like it or not does not change the fact it is infact what he is.
I may have expressed and reasoned my disliking of the lupine-race idea, but thus i have also demonstrated my (yet) canonical knowledge of it and also, that my opinion and/or liking does not matter at all for the determination of Logan's mutation level.

His mutation it selfs did not causes him harm, the fact when he releases the claws they happen to go through the back of his hand. That does not make him beta. beta are people like marrow who can not controll there ability which forces constant pain. Wolverine has complete control over his claws even with out the aid of his powers.
First and foremost, i'm sure you already know some of the following, but i will mention it anyway:
- Being Beta does not mean being less powerful than an Alpha. Both have a comperable power potential. So there is no need to "defend" Wolverine's "awesomeness", since adressing him Beta is no downgrading.
- Being Beta means having slightly nonhuman features and/or minor flaws or control issues coming along with the mutation. Major flaws like those of Marrow relate to the Gamma level.
- Might most of Logan's appearance be normal for lupine if not for human mutants, the form of his claws are not normal for either. His Claws are an anatomical part of his mutation and might he be in control of them, he can obviously not use them without doing himself harm, which surely classifies as a minor flaw.
So - slightly atypical features and a minor flaw to his mutation - sounds pretty Beta to me, even if we're not taking his lack of complete control over his regeneration into account.

Dum Dum Dugan
Feral and Thorrn do not "turn" into anything and their mutation has always been described as felinoid.
Besides Feral, Thornn and Sabes there is another contradicting character i forgot to mention: Sasquatch, who was also part of that oh-so-clever lupine-race story, isn't lupine at all or even a mutant.
OH - and "it's always the blond versus the black"??? Pleeease, does it go anymore shallow or stupid? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shit your right I was thinking of another character other then feral. I agree the story line was shit, but they took it and ran with it and is now part of his character

First and foremost, i'm sure you already know some of the following, but i will mention it anyway:
- Being Beta does not mean being less powerful than an Alpha. Both have a comperable power potential. So there is no need to "defend" Wolverine's "awesomeness", since adressing him Beta is no downgrading.

I know this and I stated it in this thread. I could careless about his awesomeness. I simply believe he alpha becuase that how he was stated numerous times in AOA, yes I understand it not cannon, but the fact is thats when theses terms really came out and wolverine was always refferenced as an alpha.

- Being Beta means having slightly nonhuman features and/or minor flaws or control issues coming along with the mutation. Major flaws like those of Marrow relate to the Gamma level.
- Might most of Logan's appearance be normal for lupine if not for human mutants, the form of his claws are not normal for either. His Claws are an anatomical part of his mutation and might he be in control of them, he can obviously not use them without doing himself harm, which surely classifies as a minor flaw.
So - slightly atypical features and a minor flaw to his mutation - sounds pretty Beta to me, even if we're not taking his lack of complete control over his regeneration into account.
true

Yes the one part that is not normal are his claws. But I not sure thats enough to classify him as a beta. He has complete control of them and then can be easily hiden. They are features of lupins which through mutation evolved into claws (If not for the mutation he have sabre-tooth like claws). Also it also sorta implied that romulas some how caused this to transpire.

Thoses slight atypical features, there norms for his race. His claws a lone are not enough to classify him as a beta. He has shown control over his regeneration. Just becuase it self acting does not mean he can't control it.

also it was pretty much reconnt that feral, thorn and sas are not part of his race (not so much reconnt as ignored) when refferenced later only wolverine , sabre-tooth ect were mention.

wannabe
I know this and I stated it in this thread. I could careless about his awesomeness. I simply believe he alpha becuase that how he was stated numerous times in AOA, yes I understand it not cannon, but the fact is thats when theses terms really came out and wolverine was always refferenced as an alpha.
I understand where you're comming from, but just like i have to accept the lupine-race story as canon, you have to accept AoA and Apoc's scale as non-canon. Logan might be considered Alpha in AoA, but in 616 the latest canonical classification in existence is an obviously different or more differenciated scale, labeling him as Beta - nothing wrong with that.

Yes the one part that is not normal are his claws. But I not sure thats enough to classify him as a beta. He has complete control of them and then can be easily hiden. They are features of lupins which through mutation evolved into claws (If not for the mutation he have sabre-tooth like claws). Also it also sorta implied that romulas some how caused this to transpire.

Thoses slight atypical features, there norms for his race. His claws a lone are not enough to classify him as a beta.
Their appearance alone might be debateable cause, but add to it their harming effect when used and you have a minor non-impairing flaw - exactly what justifies for Beta-classification.
Also all (stupidly) canonicised mutant and nonmutant lupines have the same kind of claws except Logan and his offspring - it anatomically sets him/them apart, exactly what part of being Beta means in contrast to being Alpha.

He has shown control over his regeneration. Just becuase it self acting does not mean he can't control it.
His shown control was only partial and minor in effect, but i already expressed my opinion, that it's moot to discuss this here.

also it was pretty much reconnt that feral, thorn and sas are not part of his race (not so much reconnt as ignored) when refferenced later only wolverine , sabre-tooth ect were mention.
Unfortunately (in this case) not being mentioned is far from being retconned. But even if Feral, Thorrn, Sasquatch and Sabretooth would be retconned from the lupine-race, it would still be a nonsense idea.

Dum Dum Dugan
I understand where you're comming from, but just like i have to accept the lupine-race story as canon, you have to accept AoA and Apoc's scale as non-canon. Logan might be considered Alpha in AoA, but in 616 the latest canonical classification in existence is an obviously different or more differenciated scale, labeling him as Beta - nothing wrong with that.

Your right. I never thought of it that way.

Also all (stupidly) canonicised mutant and nonmutant lupines have the same kind of claws except Logan and his offspring - it anatomically sets him/them apart, exactly what part of being Beta means in contrast to being Alpha.

This part actaully was semi explained. His claws are his mutation and part of his mutant power, but it was some how manipulated by romulas, it confusing.

Unfortunately (in this case) not being mentioned is far from being retconned. But even if Feral, Thorrn, Sasquatch and Sabretooth would be retconned from the lupine-race, it would still be a nonsense idea.

Sabre-tooth was not reconnt, or ignore. His name is for a feline, but his powers are cannine like. He feline in name alone.

idea not bad, it was simply had bad execution. It needed to come forth in order to explain how so many individuals have the same powers and looks as wolverine. However the way they did so was bad. I believe they simply ignoring the whole feral thron sas, thing. Sinces that arc niether as been brought up or even hinted at in romulas plot.

RLAAMJR.
Listen to me....Squirrel Girl defies logic...her creators made it so that she can't lose. There's no point in arguing with me, she's a joke character whose absurdly powerful...because they made her that way.

Never was it stated in canon issues that Squirrel Girl defies logic. It's more of describing Storm. Perhaps you want me to post a canon scan stating that Storm can break the laws of nature.

Storm is a googolplex googolplex more powerful than Squirrel Girl

Ridley_Prime
It's because of crap like this that Storm's respect thread got permanently closed on Comics Respect Forum...

KingD19
Never was it stated in canon issues that Squirrel Girl defies logic. It's more of describing Storm. Perhaps you want me to post a canon scan stating that Storm can break the laws of nature.

Storm is a googolplex googolplex more powerful than Squirrel Girl

I don't care what you do, it really doesn't matter to me. But, ask anybody on here...or even do one better and put Storm vs SG in the versus forum...watch how many people vote for Squirrel Girl.

I find it funny though that you're so intent on defending Storm, when I never talked down about her. She's an omega level mutant, and extremely powerful under the right conditions....but she still can't beat Doreen.

RLAAMJR.
I don't care what you do, it really doesn't matter to me. But, ask anybody on here...or even do one better and put Storm vs SG in the versus forum...watch how many people vote for Squirrel Girl.

I find it funny though that you're so intent on defending Storm, when I never talked down about her. She's an omega level mutant, and extremely powerful under the right conditions....but she still can't beat Doreen.

If you'll think about Squirrel Girl beating Doom was PIS. But I'll just take it since it happened. But please do compare what is Doom to The Trion.

Storm will win against Squirrel Girl

I'm stating facts.",) here's the scan stating Storm will break the laws of nature.

peejayd
Following her defeat of Dr. Doom, an ongoing joke depicts Squirrel Girl repeatedly attaining victory over various villains, some of whom are considerably more powerful than she is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel_girl#Victories

* no one can beat Squirrel Girl in comicdom! smile

RLAAMJR.
Following her defeat of Dr. Doom, an ongoing joke depicts Squirrel Girl repeatedly attaining victory over various villains, some of whom are considerably more powerful than she is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel_girl#Victories

* no one can beat Squirrel Girl in comicdom! smile

But then again, those opponents that Squirrel girl has beaten won't win against The Trion which was beaten by Storm.

KingD19
And Storm wouldn't win against Galactus or Thanos.....ever.

RLAAMJR.
And Storm wouldn't win against Galactus or Thanos.....ever.

Who says Storm can't when The Trion is more powerful than a full-powered Galactus.

KingD19
I never saw the fight, got some scans or something to explain why Trion is more powerful than one of the forces of the universe?

peejayd
But then again, those opponents that Squirrel girl has beaten won't win against The Trion which was beaten by Storm.

* dude, Squirrel Girl's victories are both canon and a joke... i hope you realize this... i mean, dude, you're arguing that Storm can beat Squirrel Girl? you're practically raining on the parade... roll eyes (sarcastic) another thing, do you think it would benefit Storm if she defeated Squirrel Girl? roll eyes (sarcastic) do you think it is a huge accomplishment to beat Squirrel Girl? dude, don't take Squirrel Girl too seriously... she's the Squirrel Girl who defeated this embarrassing list:

Doctor Doom,
Mandarin,
Giganto,
MODOK,
Thanos,
Terrax,
Bug-Eyed Voice,
Bi-Beast,
Deadpool,
Pluto,
Fin Fang Foom,
Baron Mordo,
Korvac,
Ego the Living Planet

* hope you got my point... smile

RLAAMJR.
* dude, Squirrel Girl's victories are both canon and a joke... i hope you realize this... i mean, dude, you're arguing that Storm can beat Squirrel Girl? you're practically raining on the parade... roll eyes (sarcastic) another thing, do you think it would benefit Storm if she defeated Squirrel Girl? roll eyes (sarcastic) do you think it is a huge accomplishment to beat Squirrel Girl? dude, don't take Squirrel Girl too seriously... she's the Squirrel Girl who defeated this embarrassing list:

Doctor Doom,
Mandarin,
Giganto,
MODOK,
Thanos,
Terrax,
Bug-Eyed Voice,
Bi-Beast,
Deadpool,
Pluto,
Fin Fang Foom,
Baron Mordo,
Korvac,
Ego the Living Planet

* hope you got my point... smile

Tell me how the fight went and why did Squirrel Girl win.

My point is, Squirrel Girl will not win against Storm.

KingD19
That list Peejayed put up begs to differ.

peejayd
Tell me how the fight went and why did Squirrel Girl win.

My point is, Squirrel Girl will not win against Storm.

* i'm just telling you to ride on with the Squirrel Girl joke... simply because Squirrel Girl's victories are both canon and a joke... please read her profile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel_girl

* now, after you read that, tell me how can Storm beat someone who beat Ego or Thanos, with only this as her powerset: squirrel-like abilities, superhuman agility, retractable claws, ability to communicate with squirrels? stick out tongue

* it's a joke, ok? wink

the ninjak
She's like Chuck Norris.

Ridley_Prime
Only dumber.

Robtard
* i'm just telling you to ride on with the Squirrel Girl joke... simply because Squirrel Girl's victories are both canon and a joke... please read her profile:

* now, after you read that, tell me how can Storm beat someone who beat Ego or Thanos, with only this as her powerset: squirrel-like abilities, superhuman agility, retractable claws, ability to communicate with squirrels? stick out tongue

* it's a joke, ok? wink

Wrong!

"For the most part, she defeats her opponents through the use of her wits."

She's the Batman of Marvel, simple as that.

the ninjak
It's true she does use the tools at her disposal tactfully to defeat her opponents.

KingD19
Yeah, Tippy Toe wrecked MODOK's chair from the inside.

wannabe
Sabre-tooth was not reconnt, or ignore. His name is for a feline, but his powers are cannine like. He feline in name alone.
Actually Sabe's appearance doesn't give a definitive hint whether he's lupine or feline, neither do his powers, which would roughly fit both.
Taking into account, that the main weapon of the canidae are fangs and their claws are comparatively blunt, whereas felidae use fangs as well as extremly sharp claws and feature a higher muscle efficiency, Sabes is (was, before that Romulus-arc) more likely feline than canine ... in traits as well as name.

idea not bad, it was simply had bad execution. It needed to come forth in order to explain how so many individuals have the same powers and looks as wolverine. However the way they did so was bad. I believe they simply ignoring the whole feral thron sas, thing. Sinces that arc niether as been brought up or even hinted at in romulas plot.
Why would one have to explain how so many feral mutants exist with an entire new species? Have you ever counted how many mutant telepaths there are or telekinetics or pyrokinetics or superstrong or energy projectors? Would it be a good idea to create a seperate species for each of those mutant groups too? The more individuals a species features, the more likely it is, that some of them have similar characteristics. Actually that's the essential part of evolution: the more successful a trait is, the more often it can be found in a species.
Lupine-species = stupid idea and moronic execution! sad

peejayd
Originally posted by Robtard
Wrong!

"For the most part, she defeats her opponents through the use of her wits."

She's the Batman of Marvel, simple as that.

* a funny female Batman, that is... stick out tongue

Actually Sabe's appearance doesn't give a definitive hint whether he's lupine or feline, neither do his powers, which would roughly fit both.
Taking into account, that the main weapon of the canidae are fangs and their claws are comparatively blunt, whereas felidae use fangs as well as extremly sharp claws and feature a higher muscle efficiency, Sabes is (was, before that Romulus-arc) more likely feline than canine ... in traits as well as name.

* i also read in Wiki:

Dominant Species/Lupine

Maximus Lobo claimed to be a part of a mutant sub-species of feral, wolf-like mutants, whom he called The Dominant Species. He later tried to recruit Wolf Cub into his ranks, to no avail. A few years later, another mutant, Romulus claimed that some human mutants evolved from canines instead of primates. Mutants who were a part of this group were Romulus, Wolverine, Daken, Sabretooth, Wolfsbane, Wild Child, Thornn, and Sasquatch. Other likely candidates being X-23 and The Native. These groups appear to be one and the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_(Marvel_Comics)

* is this another retcon in the intended origins of the mutants involved? confused

The Big O
i thought that we shouldnt use wiki as a reference due to the fact that anyone can put anything on their and change other peoples stuff.

KingD19
Wiki's an excellent reference....because it's easy to tell what people made up, because it's usually stupid.

peejayd
laughing well, i just felt the need to ask about this stuff to some of our comic gurus here... i'm not updated on comics nowadays... stick out tongue

wannabe
Dominant Species/Lupine

Maximus Lobo claimed to be a part of a mutant sub-species of feral, wolf-like mutants, whom he called The Dominant Species. He later tried to recruit Wolf Cub into his ranks, to no avail. A few years later, another mutant, Romulus claimed that some human mutants evolved from canines instead of primates. Mutants who were a part of this group were Romulus, Wolverine, Daken, Sabretooth, Wolfsbane, Wild Child, Thornn, and Sasquatch. Other likely candidates being X-23 and The Native. These groups appear to be one and the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_(Marvel_Comics)

* is this another retcon in the intended origins of the mutants involved? confused
Sadly it is.
Some idiot of an author thought:
"Oh, look, there are numerous super-humans with more hair than usual and claws, fangs and animal-like senses. Let's make them a whole species of their own, that evolved from wolves parallel to humanity and its mutants.
Some of them may not be mutants or their features are rather feline, not to speak of the (un)likelyhood of lupines evolving into the exact shape of humanoid primates, but those nerdy readers will not notice anyway.
Oh, and to top it all, let's create a reeeaaaly cool traditional rivalry between a blond and a black haired one of this new species in order to partially explain the animosities between Logan and Creed."
sick mad roll eyes (sarcastic)

jalek moye
Who says Storm can't when The Trion is more powerful than a full-powered Galactus.
Wait you seriosuly think that Storm can beat normal galactus? let alone "full powered"

peejayd
Sadly it is.

* the classification is unnecessary... maybe in the near future, they will retcon this retcon and will explain that this classification is only Maximus Lobo's interpretation... i don't know...

Originally posted by jalek moye
Wait you seriosuly think that Storm can beat normal galactus? let alone "full powered"

* how much more if Squirrel Girl is the one who's "full-powered"? stick out tongue

Dum Dum Dugan
* the classification is unnecessary... maybe in the near future, they will retcon this retcon and will explain that this classification is only Maximus Lobo's interpretation... i don't know...

i already pm this Lobo is men arnt true mutants, I not even sure Lobo himself is. Lobo was talking about a race of engineered men. They arnt typical mutants. They were made that way.

It also has zero thing to do with wolverine lupin thing.

also they will not reconnt the wolverine lupin, thing it be impossible to do it now. They had exstansive plots around the entire concept and romulas. It also explains wolverines entire history and his true relationship with professor x (which I really enjoyed)

Dum Dum Dugan

Asside from his original design when he was a IF villain, sabre-tooth was never intented to be feline at all. In fact we know this to be true, becuase back during both characters developement, sabre-tooth was suposes to be wolverine father, but that idea was scratch. Wolverine was never even hinted to be feline. He was original suposes to be evolved from a wolverine, but that also was scratched. Wolverine has always been compared to either wolverines or wolves ) mostly wolves in characteristics. He never onces been compared to any type of feline.

yes before you say it I know wolverines are weasals.

Why would one have to explain how so many feral mutants exist with an entire new species? Have you ever counted how many mutant telepaths there are or telekinetics or pyrokinetics or superstrong or energy projectors? Would it be a good idea to create a seperate species for each of those mutant groups too? The more individuals a species features, the more likely it is, that some of them have similar characteristics. Actually that's the essential part of evolution: the more successful a trait is, the more often it can be found in a species.
Lupine-species = stupid idea and moronic execution! sad
Because wolverine from his earliest incarnation was never the same as other mutants (x-men). This has been hinted at numerous times over the years, that he infact is not like vast majority of mutants, but he was also not human. Also telepaths don't share the same physical characteristic or all have same interwining pasts. I really don't think the idea was that bad at all especially considering wolverines entire history. The way they went about it was stupid, however wolverines origins story made vastly more senses and gives you the reasoning behind it all.

also think the whole feral, thorn and sas part was retarded and glad it was completely ignored and never brought up again. Loeb exicution was god awful, origins did a much better job.

Dum Dum Dugan
If that came off rude, it was not ment to be. I am a little tired and out of it, so please do not take offenses if it does.

also I completely agree that loeb an idiot and the blonde vs black idea was idiotic.

wannabe
Asside from his original design when he was a IF villain, sabre-tooth was never intented to be feline at all. In fact we know this to be true, becuase back during both characters developement, sabre-tooth was suposes to be wolverine father, but that idea was scratch. Wolverine was never even hinted to be feline. He was original suposes to be evolved from a wolverine, but that also was scratched. Wolverine has always been compared to either wolverines or wolves ) mostly wolves in characteristics. He never onces been compared to any type of feline.

yes before you say it I know wolverines are weasals.
big grin
I only mean, that Sabe's characteristics are almost as inconclusive as Logan's or Wildchild's. All three could come from many different animal families. But if there is a tendency, then Creed is more feline than canine due to what i earlier said. His choice of name only supports that.
Since neither Logan nor Victor were created with the intention to represent a specifically lupine mutant species, since they don't feature any specifically lupine characteristics AND since the human mutants, to which they initially belonged, do not have a doktrine of exact bequeathal of a mutation, it is false logic to reason Sabes has to be lupine because 'he was initially supposed to be the father of a supposed' to be wolverine-like mutant. Actually, if one uses the original intentions and views on mutants at the character's time of creation for argumentation, it would be more logical to assume, that since Logan was supposed to be wolverine-like and given the name Wolverine, Creed was given the name Sabretooth because he was supposed to be sabre-toothed-cat-like.

Because wolverine from his earliest incarnation was never the same as other mutants (x-men). This has been hinted at numerous times over the years, that he infact is not like vast majority of mutants, but he was also not human.
Wolverine was never the same as other mutants in character and history NOT biologically. Until the Romulus-arc his mutation was just as "normal" as any other mutant's.
Besides, IF the pure idea of a lupine race would not be stupid, because it would explain the multitude of feral mutants AND this particular group of mutants would justify a seperate species in contrast to other groups of mutants, because Logan has always been different, THEN all other feral mutants would have to be exactly that different too ... which they have never been discribed as.

Also telepaths don't share the same physical characteristic or all have same interwining pasts.
1. All telepaths obviously share the same neurobiological traits. Just because these are anatomical/biochemical/physiological instead of morphological, doesn't mean they are less physical. Actually their power resemblance is more striking than that of the ferals.
2. An intervining past on the ferals' side is only shared by Sabes and Logan and would not make the ad hoc creation of an entire lupine species any more logical.

If that came off rude, it was not ment to be. I am a little tired and out of it, so please do not take offenses if it does.
Not at all! Actually it is/was rather fun to debate this issue with you, since you are NOT comming off rude or overly emotional. wink

RLAAMJR.

* it's a joke, ok? wink

Squirrel Girl cannot beat The Trion.

and Squirrel girl cannot beat Storm. That's for sure.

jalek moye
You also think Storm can beat anyone so not surprising you say that and constantly bring up the Trion.

peejayd
Squirrel Girl cannot beat The Trion.

and Squirrel girl cannot beat Storm. That's for sure.

* <sigh> you just don't get it... i give up... facepalm

KingD19
* <sigh> you just don't get it... i give up... facepalm

HE'LL NEVER STOP!!!!! HE'S A MAD MAN, A MAD MAN I TELL YOU!!!!!! eek!

peejayd
* laughing now, i remember Fletcher Reede from Liar Liar...

Reede, who kicked his own a$$ in the bathroom, was carried in front of the Judge by a security guard...
Judge: who did this to you?
Reede: a mad man, your honor! laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.