This Team vs Tyrant (Depowered)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
1. Void/Sentry

2. Blue Marvel

3. Rulk (Armored with an untested adamantium/vibranium futuristic gladiator like suit, with adamant./vibr. claw tipped gauntlets.

4. Gog (Slayer of Supermen)

5. Darkseid

6. Despero.

7. Thanos

vs

Tyrant evil face

The rules of the battle.

In numerical order, the team members are released on Tyrant. Tyrant in this dimension is juiced up after draining the heroes that escaped him in the 616 Marvel continuity. He has 1 minute to finish each before another is released, can he defeat them all or would they pull him down? They fight all out.

Harbinger
Gog stops him cold in his tracks.

Stoic
Originally posted by Harbinger
Gog stops him cold in his tracks.

I'm sorry, but how?

Harbinger
That version of Gog was killing and absorbing alternate Supermen's powers, sonned the JLA, effortlessly tagged Flash and Rip Hunter, and needed extreme extenuating circumstances to be stopped. Even without his staff, he was far stronger than Superman and wouldn't have any trouble hitting Tyrant. TBH, Rulk/Sentry/BM= cannon fodder against Tyrant unless Sentry goes Void. Gog alone is a good match; if any of the previous contestants are left, Tyrant's losing IMO.

Stoic
Originally posted by Harbinger
That version of Gog was killing and absorbing alternate Supermen's powers, sonned the JLA, effortlessly tagged Flash and Rip Hunter, and needed extreme extenuating circumstances to be stopped. Even without his staff, he was far stronger than Superman and wouldn't have any trouble hitting Tyrant. TBH, Rulk/Sentry/BM= cannon fodder against Tyrant unless Sentry goes Void. Gog alone is a good match; if any of the previous contestants are left, Tyrant's losing IMO.

Even if Tyrant had the ability to absorb Gogs energetic attacks? Tyrant had no problem handling a Superman, he even appeared to be enjoying it when his dinner fought back. I can't put too much stock in Gog beating Tyrant by himself.

Stoic
I have a question, how many people can get right up into Galactus' face and challenge them to a battle while being depowered? Didn't Galactus state that a battle between them would lay waste to the universe? What was the full story behind Tyrant and his feeding principles? What type of energy could he leach out of thin air?

Black bolt z
1. Void/Sentry: Mindrapes

2. Blue Marvel: One shots

3. Rulk (Armored with an untested adamantium/vibranium futuristic gladiator like suit, with adamant./vibr. claw tipped gauntlets.: After 30 second kills

4. Gog (Slayer of Supermen): Probably can't after a minute

5. Darkseid: Defintly keeps pressing

6. Despero: If Tyrants not already dead by now despero helps finish him.

7. Thanos: Overkill

Stoic
Originally posted by Black bolt z
1. Void/Sentry: Mindrapes

2. Blue Marvel: One shots

3. Rulk (Armored with an untested adamantium/vibranium futuristic gladiator like suit, with adamant./vibr. claw tipped gauntlets.: After 30 second kills

4. Gog (Slayer of Supermen): Probably can't after a minute

5. Darkseid: Defintly keeps pressing

6. Despero: If Tyrants not already dead by now despero helps finish him.

7. Thanos: Overkill

Are you sure that they all have universe destroying power in them?

Cubey
Tyrant is a universe destroyer now? laughing

Stoic
Originally posted by Cubey
Tyrant is a universe destroyer now? laughing

It was stated on panel by Galactus, that if they fought, they would have layed waste to the Universe.

Which means that Tyrant can take a huge beating, on a physical, mental, and energetic level. It also means that he can roll out this type of beating as well.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Stoic
Are you sure that they all have universe destroying power in them? Eh Rulk drains his power cosmic right out of him as the other whoop him

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Eh Rulk drains his power cosmic right out of him as the other whoop him

I don't think that would work on Tyrant, not while Tyrant has a bigger appetite.

DarkOdin
I don't think that would work on Tyrant, not while Tyrant has a bigger appetite. Work on surfer just fine in a sec so it takes 3 secs on Tyrant Rulk can absorb all form of energy and very fast as well.

Cubey
It was stated on panel by Galactus, that if they fought, they would have layed waste to the Universe.

Which means that Tyrant can take a huge beating, on a physical, mental, and energetic level. It also means that he can roll out this type of beating as well.

No it doesn't. It doesn't imply physical or mental prowess at all.

And just because they TOGETHER would lay waste to the universe doesn't mean Tyrant can do so in a fight. Did he even ever destroy a galaxy on-panel?

Stoic
No it doesn't. It doesn't imply physical or mental prowess at all.

And just because they TOGETHER would lay waste to the universe doesn't mean Tyrant can do so in a fight. Did he even ever destroy a galaxy on-panel?

His battle with Galactus didn't get the chance to escalate to that level. Have you read Galactus' bio? He can assault you on a TP level. When these abstracts fight, it has been stated several times that they are battling on levels that the characters watching could not fathom.

This means that it is not merely physical.

K-Dog
Eh Rulk drains his power cosmic right out of him as the other whoop him

They gotta fight him one at a time.

Stoic
Work on surfer just fine in a sec so it takes 3 secs on Tyrant Rulk can absorb all form of energy and very fast as well.

Yea about that... do you remember who won the power absorption contest between Galactus, and Rulk concerning the powers that Rulk wrung out of the Surfer?

Not gonna happen.

Cubey
His battle with Galactus didn't get the chance to escalate to that level. Have you read Galactus' bio? He can assault you on a TP level. When these abstracts fight, it has been stated several times that they are battling on levels that the characters watching could not fathom.

This means that it is not merely physical.

Baseless assumption. Can you show me a scan where it said Galactus telepathically attacked him?

Stoic
Baseless assumption. Can you show me a scan where it said Galactus telepathically attacked him?

It has been stated several times that abstracts fight on levels that the characters watching could not fathom. It is not baseless assumption, it's what has been written, and well within their power sets. Galactus has massive TP power. Do you think that when he's going all out that he's not using this power as well?

Cubey
It has been stated several times that abstracts fight on levels that the characters watching could not fathom. It is not baseless assumption, it's what has been written, and well within their power sets. Galactus has massive TP power. Do you think that when he's going all out that he's not using this power as well?

Just because Galactus can doesn't he will or did. Show the scan to support this claim.

I mean Thanos fought Tyrant without mind****ing him, but we know he can mind**** people.

And Tyrant isn't abstract, far from it. Now bring proof or quit claiming it. It's a black and white thing.

Stoic
Why would Tyrant think that it would have been necessary to bombard Thanos with TP assaults? I got the distinct impression that it was Thanos that needed all of the help that he could get, and not the other way around.

I don't need to provide a scan this is a forum battle, and as such if you look at Galactus' bio it states that he has enormous TP powers, thus in a forum battle they would be fighting without CIS, if so Galactus would be able to employ this sort of an attack, which would also be insufficient to defeat Tyrant.

Do you want to know, what else is black and white? The fact that you don't seem to get one small thing. Galactus and Tyrant have fought off panel in the past, and Galactus and Tyrant left universal destruction in their wake after the battle had ended (according to the writers of Marvel). Now let's translate that evidence to a forum battle, and you will begin to see that if CIS is off, Tyrant would be able to resist a being of Galactus' stature, because he was able to do so in an off panel battle. This would make Tyrant what? Skyfather level? No.

If Galactus is an Abstract Tyrant is as well, as is the Stranger. On panel it was stated that when Galactus created Tyrant, that he created him nearly as powerful as he is.

Cubey
Why would Tyrant think that it would have been necessary to bombard Thanos with TP assaults? I got the distinct impression that it was Thanos that needed all of the help that he could get, and not the other way around.

I don't need to provide a scan this is a forum battle, and as such if you look at Galactus' bio it states that he has enormous TP powers, thus in a forum battle they would be fighting without CIS, if so Galactus would be able to employ this sort of an attack, which would also be insufficient to defeat Tyrant.

Do you want to know, what else is black and white? The fact that you don't seem to get one small thing. Galactus and Tyrant have fought off panel in the past, and Galactus and Tyrant left universal destruction in their wake after the battle had ended (according to the writers of Marvel). Now let's translate that evidence to a forum battle, and you will begin to see that if CIS is off, Tyrant would be able to resist a being of Galactus' stature, because he was able to do so in an off panel battle. This would make Tyrant what? Skyfather level? No.

If Galactus is an Abstract Tyrant is as well, as is the Stranger. On panel it was stated that when Galactus created Tyrant, that he created him nearly as powerful as he is.

Way too many speculations and assumptions on your part. Just because he can doesn't he did, and you have zero evidence supporting it.

Stoic
Zero? I am unable to provide you with scans. My older collection is in another country, but by all means you can track down all of the Tyrant medium out there and it will show you that what I said has weight to it, and also provide the evidence of my argument.

Cubey
Zero? I am unable to provide you with scans. My older collection is in another country, but by all means you can track down all of the Tyrant medium out there and it will show you that what I said has weight to it, and also provide the evidence of my argument.

You're equivocating.

Galactus has TP assault. Tyrant fought Galactus. Therefore, Tyrant has mental resistance/offense? When it's entirely possible it didn't even come to mental fighting.

It's like me saying Prime is resistant to reality warping because he beat up Mxy off-panel. Feats matter more than assumptions.

Stoic
And yet it was written that when Abstracts battle, they battle on a plain that a normal human could not fathom. It is what it is, If you can go toe to toe with an abstract, and not get stomped, you must be an Abstract or on that level of power.

Mr. MXY was jobbed, just like he has been in the past by Kal-El. If a non jobbing Mxy told Prime to turn into a tuna fish, Prime would turn into a tuna fish. If Mxy willed himself to be far more powerful than Prime in every way he would have been. That was DC's way of hyping Prime. Then again Thanos resisted being reality warped, so perhaps it's a valid feat. However Thanos couldn't beat Tyrant either, well not directly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.