The Top 10 Fighters in the Marvel Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
Just your top ten.
If you have a top ten.

Cubey
Who would you include as "fighters"? All characters or only heroes, or what?

BattleMage
Originally posted by Cubey
Who would you include as "fighters"? All characters or only heroes, or what? All even bad guy's. H2H Just everyones top ten.

Cubey
For me it's (in no particular order)

Superman (including amps and alternate versions)
Mr. Majestic
Supreme
Trion/8th Day Juggernaut
WW Hulk
Classic Nefaria
Gladiator
Captain Marvel (amps, etc)
WM Thor

Too many to list really, but off the top of my head these are the first to come to mind.

thanos-prime

Mr. Majestic
Supreme
Trion/8th Day Juggernaut
WW Hulk
Classic Nefaria
Gladiator
WM Thor

Too many to list really, but off the top of my head these are the first to come to mind.
None of those people can contend with the street levelers in martial arts.

Cubey
Originally posted by thanos-prime
None of those people can contend with the street levelers in martial arts.

Like who? Superman, Gladiator, Majestic, Supereme, Marvel etc would just ****ing punch them into orbit.

thanos-prime
Like who? Superman, Gladiator, Majestic, Supereme, Marvel etc would just ****ing punch them into orbit. It's a list of the best fighters which imo means a list of the most skilled.

Cubey
Oh in that case, yeah you'd be right.

Demonic Phoenix
Since when is Superman a part of the Marvel Universe?

Lord_Talron
since always, moron

Uriel005
Thor is actually rather skilled in H2H. but anyways

My list in no particular order

Thor
Iron Fist
Captain America
Taskmaster
Wolverine (nearly 200 years combat experience, ninja, samurai, soldier)
Deadpool (Just asshat crazy assassin)
Hercules
Tryco Slatterus
Shang Chi
Michael Pointer as Collective.

KingD19
Yeah, Superman, Marvel, Supreme....hell even Majestic.

These guys are the cornerstones of Marvel comics....they've been there since the beginning. How can you call yourself a comic fan and not know this?

laughing

KingD19
Wolverine
Daredevil
Taskmaster
Echo
Shang Chi
Herc
Iron Fist
Mandarin
Tryco
Mr.X

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Uriel005

Thor
Iron Fist
Captain America
Taskmaster
Hercules
Tryco Slatterus
Shang Chi
Seriously,thor,herc and the collective on the same list as cap iron fist and shang?

Uriel005
Seriously,thor,herc and the collective on the same list as cap iron fist and shang?

It's more of an experience thing than anything else. Thor and Herc have been around for a very long and Collective has the abilities and memories of an absurd amount of heroes.

thanos-prime
It's more of an experience thing than anything else. Thor and Herc have been around for a very long and Collective has the abilities and memories of an absurd amount of heroes. The collective didn't have the memories did he? i don't think he did because if i remember correctly he couldn't control his powers.And about them being more experienced i could see how that could apply to herc being that he created wrestling and all but maybe not thor anyway they are still not half as knowledgeable as people like cap or Electra.

Uriel005
The collective didn't have the memories did he? i don't think he did because if i remember correctly he couldn't control his powers.And about them being more experienced i could see how that could apply to herc being that he created wrestling and all but maybe not thor anyway they are still not half as knowledgeable as people like cap or Electra.

So you mean to say someone whose been around for a thousand years and spent most of that fighting h2h isn't going to pick up a few tricks...

thanos-prime
So you mean to say someone whose been around for a thousand years and spent most of that fighting h2h isn't going to pick up a few tricks... Don't you mean most of it fighting with a hammer?

Creshosk
So you mean to say someone whose been around for a thousand years and spent most of that fighting h2h isn't going to pick up a few tricks... Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.
If you practice fighting with a hammer for 1000 years you will not suddenly be able to fight with a shuanggou on an expert level even though you've been fighting for 1000 years.

Because the amount of time you spent training on that weapons is still 0%.

And the ressemblance of a shuanggou to a hammer?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6b/Hook_Swords.jpg/250px-Hook_Swords.jpg vs http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/out/medium/DMC10273.jpg

It'd be more than just a little foreign. Especially considering the style is completely different.

ewp1y8yo-ys

KingD19
And the Collective only had the powers of mutants who lost their powers on M-Day or something...even then, all he ever did was shoot energy blasts. He got powers, not talents and skills.

tkitna
Mantis
Gamora
Captain America (Steve)
Iron Fist
Shang Chi
Karnak
Stick
Ogun
Taskmaster
Cat

No particular order

Konton
Mantis
Moondragon
Gamora
Mandarin
Iron Fist
Shang Chi
Elektra
Captain America
Wolverine
Daredevil

Bouboumaster
Wolverine
James Howlett
Logan
The best at what there is
Weapon X
Patch
Ol' Canuckhead
Experiment X
John Logan
Jim Logan

Trackz
Mantis
Gamora
Captain America (Steve)
Iron Fist
Shang Chi
T'Challa
Stick
Elektra
Wolverine
DareDevil

Warlord
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

John Logan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00X7lYHPrnc&feature=search

damn right

Juk3n
Serious lack of Temugin in this thread, you all fail at life.

Warlord
whatever RPG you are playing has great art...
I miss my DnD days

amnesia
Originally posted by Creshosk
Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.
If you practice fighting with a hammer for 1000 years you will not suddenly be able to fight with a shuanggou on an expert level even though you've been fighting for 1000 years.

Because the amount of time you spent training on that weapons is still 0%.

And the ressemblance of a shuanggou to a hammer?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6b/Hook_Swords.jpg/250px-Hook_Swords.jpg vs http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/out/medium/DMC10273.jpg

It'd be more than just a little foreign. Especially considering the style is completely different.

ewp1y8yo-ys

that's those wacky swords they used in avatar.

Creshosk
Originally posted by amnesia
that's those wacky swords they used in avatar. Yup. Jet used a pair of shuanggou.

SamZED
I wondered what were those things called, thanx. Jet kicked some serious ass with them.

Black bolt z
LT.Hes a master of martial arts

The Nuul

Mr. Majestic
Supreme
Trion/8th Day Juggernaut
WW Hulk
Classic Nefaria
Gladiator
WM Thor

"Marvel Universe"

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Juk3n
Serious lack of the foreigner in this thread, you all fail at life. fixed

Zatanna4life
1.Elektra
2. Black Widow
3. Daredevil
4. Night Crawler
5. Deadpool

Juk3n
Originally posted by Zatanna4life
1.Elektra
2. Black Widow
3. Daredevil
4. Night Crawler
5. Deadpool

You think Black Widow is the second greatest fighter in the Marvel Universe?

And you're NOT a sock account?

facepalm

tkitna
Originally posted by Juk3n
You think Black Widow is the second greatest fighter in the Marvel Universe?

And you're NOT a sock account?

facepalm

Dont forget to mention the choice of Nightcrawler at 4. laughing

Bouboumaster
1- Gamora
2- Mantis
3- Moondragon

4- Iron Fist
5- Sang Shi
6- Elektra
7- DareDevil
8- Wolverine
9- T'Challa
10- Captain America

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by tkitna
Mantis
Gamora
Captain America (Steve)
Iron Fist
Shang Chi
Karnak
Stick
Ogun
Taskmaster
Cat

No particular order
though I disagree with cat being on the list and karnak, I am glad that some one put ogun down.

He such an animal, I dont know how he not on everyone list (though might be because people don't know who he is).

-K-M-
Puck punches you all in the nuts.

Creshosk
Originally posted by -K-M-
Puck punches you all in the nuts. Who? http://bottalk.com/smiliesicons/tongue.gif

KingD19
Who? http://bottalk.com/smiliesicons/tongue.gif

The Canadian midget made of rubber.

-K-M-
He knows, the x image was supposed to be a similie with his tongue hanging out.

It still hurts though sad

Creshosk
Originally posted by KingD19
The Canadian midget made of rubber. Oh the guy who dresses up like a hocky puck, but some writer didn't like that so claimed he patterned himself after Puck the saytr from A midsummer's night dream... Yet still had him dressing up like a hocky puck.

Eugeine's got good taste in women, given his daughter. Got to give him that much.

Supposed to be this smilie:tung

-K-M-
Oh the guy who dresses up like a hocky puck, but some writer didn't like that so claimed he patterned himself after Puck the saytr from A midsummer's night dream... Yet still had him dressing up like a hocky puck.

Naaaa he was always named after Puck from A Midsummer's night dream, that was revealed way back in the early days of Alpha Flight by John Bryne himself.

KingD19
He just happened to look like a hockey puck, because no self respecting man, Canadian or not would dress up like a fairy.

Creshosk
Naaaa he was always named after Puck from A Midsummer's night dream, that was revealed way back in the early days of Alpha Flight by John Bryne himself.
http://i35.tinypic.com/333eezb.jpghttp://i33.tinypic.com/zn79r9.jpg

Which explains his powers, and why he dresses like a hockey puck and the complete lack of to very minimal resemblence to Puck from shakespere's work.

Plus this:
JB: He's named after a hockey puck. (5/30/2006)

Creshosk
He just happened to look like a hockey puck, because no self respecting man, Canadian or not would dress up like a fairy. A saytr, while fae, is a man with goat legs and horns. To dress up like one would require going bare chested, with furry pants and putting horns on your head.

Also note that Saytr's are famous for being more than a little promiscuous with nymphs. They were also known to be followers of Dioynisus/Bacchus.. the god of wine and revelry.

They were really party animals.

Colossus-Big C
1. Hercules
2. Ares
3. Balder
4. Thor
5. Gamora
6. Deadpool
7. Bullseye
8. Galactus (had the uperhand againts IB
9. Inbetweener
10. Drax

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
1. Hercules
2. Ares
3. Balder
4. Thor
5. Gamora
6. Deadpool
7. Bullseye
9. Inbetweener
10. Drax
dude honestly this is the crappy list ive seen.......there only a single individual that derserve to be on it.......and you dont even have them at the top.......wtf...........I can't fathom how you came to such a list........

KingD19
A saytr, while fae, is a man with goat legs and horns. To dress up like one would require going bare chested, with furry pants and putting horns on your head.

Also note that Saytr's are famous for being more than a little promiscuous with nymphs. They were also known to be followers of Dioynisus/Bacchus.. the god of wine and revelry.

They were really party animals.

I thought Puck was a fairy....well Fae is the general term for mystical creatures.

marwash22
is this, OUR FAVORITE FIGHTERS, or THE BEST?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
dude honestly this is the crappy list ive seen.......there only a single individual that derserve to be on it.......and you dont even have them at the top.......wtf............im sure but how did you come to such conclusions........ The general thinking that if a character has been around for thousands of years they must have gone out and studied everything so are martial arts masters.

Despite the fact that they kept to themselves and really only mastered their preferred arts. Which once you've mastered it extra time spent is actually wasted.

Of course I mentioned this before in this thread about the flaw in that reasoning that old=experienced=knowledge=win. When the disconnect is around the experienced part.

-K-M-
http://i35.tinypic.com/333eezb.jpghttp://i33.tinypic.com/zn79r9.jpg

Which explains his powers, and why he dresses like a hockey puck and the complete lack of to very minimal resemblence to Puck from shakespere's work.

Plus this:
JB: He's named after a hockey puck. (5/30/2006)

Odd considering it was Byrne in the 1980's said his name was named after the shakespeare character and it was referenced by other authors being "A mid summer's night" character.

Creshosk
I thought Puck was a fairy....well Fae is the general term for mystical creatures. He worked for Oberon the king of the fairies, he himself was a satyr.

Creshosk
Odd considering it was Byrne in the 1980's said his name was named after the shakespeare character and it was referenced by other authors being "A mid summer's night" character. Small, compact, rubber, moves around extremely well covered in black material...

And you honestly think that a satyr is what was in mind at character conception?

-K-M-
Small, compact, rubber, moves around extremely well covered in black material...

And you honestly think that a satyr is what was in mind at character conception?

No the character design is definetly based off a hockey puck, but he said his name came from A midsummer's night not once but multiple times even by Bryne's own pen. As he is always quoteing shakespeare in battles

Creshosk
No the character design is definetly based off a hockey puck, but he said his name came from A midsummer's night not once but multiple times even by Bryne's own pen. As he is always quoteing shakespeare in battles Ah, have to appreciate the depthing on the character designg then. Physically he's a hocky puck, elsewhile he's a thespian.

I used to have some of the older alpha flight comics. including the first one and the one where they decided to make puck's name hairy on the cover. Not change his name to hairy, but draw hair on the word "Puck".

-K-M-
Ah, have to appreciate the depthing on the character designg then. Physically he's a hocky puck, elsewhile he's a thespian.

I used to have some of the older alpha flight comics. including the first one and the one where they decided to make puck's name hairy on the cover. Not change his name to hairy, but draw hair on the word "Puck".

He was always a thespian that's why I'm confused by that, as the reveal of his name came out around Alpha Flight #5. Well Bryne has become senial he even said Rob Liefeld is the perfect person to do a sequel/prequel of Watchmen and no I'm not kidding.

I was the P on his chest was actually hair instead of his suit. that would be badass.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Where would you the Valkyrie rank? The warrior created by Thor's mind in Blood and Thunder.

I'd say she might break the Top 10 based on who she's done against Gamora and Moondragon.

Anymore obscure villains who have similar impressive showings when it comes to skill?

Mandarin and Temugin are pretty damn uber. Ogun's pretty tough. Kitty Pryde is actually pretty skilled by going by some appearances but I'm not sure if she deserves a mention here.

Colossus-Big C
She would be above thor in my list

StiltmanFTW
Oh yes, Mandy is a beast vin

http://a.imageshack.us/img571/9481/talesofsuspense50page12.th.jpg

srankmissingnin
The general thinking that if a character has been around for thousands of years they must have gone out and studied everything so are martial arts masters.

Despite the fact that they kept to themselves and really only mastered their preferred arts. Which once you've mastered it extra time spent is actually wasted.

Of course I mentioned this before in this thread about the flaw in that reasoning that old=experienced=knowledge=win. When the disconnect is around the experienced part.

So your saying my Grandpa might not be a better fighter than me? sad

Rage.Of.Olympus
She would be above thor in my list

She definitely has shown more skill -she went up against established martial artists- than Thor has. Not sure if I would put her above Thor in raw skill though. Wouldn't make much sense to me. Still, I wouldn't count her feats applicable for Thor. At least, not for an everyday Thor.

But to be fair, she has shown that she at least applies her skills more often in practice, so in that sense, I guess she should be higher up.

I'm conflicted here. sad

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Oh yes, Mandy is a beast vin

http://a.imageshack.us/img571/9481/talesofsuspense50page12.th.jpg

mhmm

Does this mean I get to post "scans" of Wolverine - or whoever the hell your favorite character is?

Creshosk
He was always a thespian that's why I'm confused by that, as the reveal of his name came out around Alpha Flight #5. Well Bryne has become senial he even said Rob Liefeld is the perfect person to do a sequel/prequel of Watchmen and no I'm not kidding.

I was the P on his chest was actually hair instead of his suit. that would be badass. Yeah. They may have been great in their time, but the greats slowly fade. That's why its always best to end on a high note. Leave them wanting more, remember you for your greatness.

I think it was around #22 in the letters page actually. I might be mistaken. Those comics are up at my parent's house in boxes with shiny black arachnids acting as guards.

Well, he is a hairy little bastard. Though only little when his power is in effect. He actually taller than wolverine otherwise. Not that that's saying much. But it was certainly interesting in the X-Men and Alpha Flight in asgard.

Creshosk
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
So your saying my Grandpa might not be a better fighter than me? sad Depends on if he's actually studied what he was supposed to. Simply having lived longer than you.. no probably not. unless you haven't been studying either. tung

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
mhmm

Does this mean I get to post "scans" of Wolverine - or whoever the hell your favorite character is?

Nooo! gwah Didn't know you were a Mandarin fan. I actually quite like him myself, but I couldn't resist posting that stick out tongue

By the way, he stated that Hulk's reflexes are without equal... whistle

tkitna
dude honestly this is the crappy list ive seen.......there only a single individual that derserve to be on it.......and you dont even have them at the top.......wtf...........I can't fathom how you came to such a list........

Yeah, I dont want to offend or be an @sshole, but this statement is correct.

srankmissingnin
1. Hercules
2. Ares
3. Balder
4. Thor
5. Gamora
6. Deadpool
7. Bullseye
9. Inbetweener
10. Drax

Reading this list made me high.

Creshosk
Reading this list made me high. With sufficient copper in the diet blood vessels have better elasticity. So they're less likely to break during what would normally cause an aneurysm. An enhanced blood flow to an area increases the sensitivity to stimulation, giving the same feeling as I've heard being high is described as.

srankmissingnin
With sufficient copper in the diet blood vessels have better elasticity. So they're less likely to break during what would normally cause an aneurysm. An enhanced blood flow to an area increases the sensitivity to stimulation, giving the same feeling as I've heard being high is described as.

That's not a problem for me, I only eat old pennies.

Creshosk
That's not a problem for me, I only eat old pennies. Ah, they were wrong. Pennies aren't useless.

psycho gundam
pennies stopped being made of copper in the 70's, since copper that weight/size is worth more that $.01

most if not all are out of circulation anyway, thank collectors, the bank, and your local neighborhood crack fiends smile

Creshosk
Originally posted by psycho gundam
pennies stopped being made of copper in the 70's, since copper that weight/size is worth more that $.01

most if not all are out of circulation anyway, thank collectors, the bank, and your local neighborhood crack fiends smile 1982. Since then they've been copper plated zinc(Cause a little surface damage then if exposed to, oh say, hydrochloric acid you wind up with a copper shell). As of 2008 it costs 1.7 cents to produce a penny.

SamZED
Gamora
Temugin
Mandarin
Cap America
Iron Fist
Daredevil
Wolverine
Elektra
Black Panther
Deadpool
Taskmaster

No particular order.

the Darkone
Super humans

Champion of the Universe
Thor
Hercules
Ares
Gamora
Moondragon
Mantis
Thanos
Beta Ray Bill
Gladiator

non-super human

Ogun
Captain America/ Red Skull
Iron Fist/ Mandarin
Shang Chi/ Temugin
Elektra
Wolverine
Black Panther
DareDevil
TaskMaster
Mister X
Psylocke

Originally posted by the Darkone
1. Champion of the Universe
2. Thor
3. Hercules
4. Ares
5. Gamora
6. Moondragon
7. Mantis
8. Thanos
9. Beta Ray Bill
10. Gladiator

1. Captain America/ Red Skull
2. Iron Fist/ Mandarin
3. Shang Chi/ Temugin
4. Elektra
5. Wolverine
6. Black Panther
7. DareDevil
8. TaskMaster
9. Mister X
10. Psylocke So the second is a serious list and the first is a joke right?

the Darkone
Originally posted by 753
So the second is a serious list and the first is a joke right?

I change it, so chill the hell out.

srankmissingnin

most if not all are out of circulation anyway, thank collectors, the bank, and your local neighborhood crack fiends smile

Hence my use of the qualifier "old" in front of the word pennies. cool

The Nuul
1. Hercules
2. Ares
3. Balder
4. Thor
5. Gamora
6. Deadpool
7. Bullseye
9. Inbetweener
10. Drax

drylaugh

The Nuul
Gamora
Mandarin
Ogun
Stick
Shang Chi
Iron Fist
Elektra
Daredevil
Mantis
Tasky

No order.

Juk3n
Originally posted by the Darkone

non-super human

Ogun
Captain America/ Red Skull
Iron Fist/ Mandarin
Shang Chi/ Temugin
Elektra
Wolverine
Black Panther
DareDevil
TaskMaster
Mister X
Psylocke

Wolverine is superhuman
Elektra is superhuman
Ironfist punched out a hellicarier...he is super human
Temugin toreoff Ironmans armor WITHOUT the power rings, he's superhuman.
Ogun..is immortal, and thus super.
Psylocke can tk enhance to past superhuman levels.

but yo've got the right idea so i'll let em slide, your list is almost correct. Lose Psylocke because Gorgon Tom Shishido would smash her (baring TK). Stick would own taskmaster.

amnesia
It's obviously Thor.

Marvel is stupid.

Dum Dum Dugan
are you saying thor's the best fighter.............because absolutely not..........

even in legit methology he not even a good fighter but simply a brawler.

Colossus-Big C
are you saying thor's the best fighter.............because absolutely not..........

even in legit methology he not even a good fighter but simply a brawler. they have thousands of years of fighting experience

amnesia

Even in legit mythology I'm suing marvel for making fun of my religion.

Dum Dum Dugan
they have thousands of years of fighting experience
thousand of years of fighting the same way does not make you any better.

and I not sure I should even bother with you after the garbage of a list you put forth..........

Dum Dum Dugan
Even in legit mythology I'm suing marvel for making fun of my religion.
......how did making Thor smarter, better fighter and vastly more powerful insult your religion........

Thor in mythology was a rampaging moron.........

amnesia
^ Actually, Thor in mythology was a deep thinker or something.

Stop calling my god a moron or i will sue you too!

Dum Dum Dugan
^ Actually, Thor in mythology was a deep thinker or something.

Stop calling my god a moron or i will sue you too!
lol he was a dumb ass who was easily manipulated and who had a huge anger problem. deep thinker is another word for moron.

lol

amnesia
Implying anger problems makes you stupid. Someone with a silver tongue like Loke could manipulate anyone.

Dum Dum Dugan
Implying anger problems makes you stupid. Someone with a silver tongue like Loke could manipulate anyone.
he known in methology for is simple mind (stupid) and rage. He not smart in the least, he also nothing more then a brawler.

Marvels Thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mythology.

Omega Vision
Mythological Thor wasn't stupid per se, but he was teamed up with Loki for a reason: they evened each other out and compensated for the other's flaws.

I don't see how anyone who read a single Norse myth could say he wasn't a great fighter. He was overly reliant on his hammer but as long as he had it he'd stomp the shit out of armies of Frost Giants. That's not even using his godly powers, just his mallet.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Mythological Thor wasn't stupid per se, but he was teamed up with Loki for a reason: they evened each other out and compensated for the other's flaws.

I don't see how anyone who read a single Norse myth could say he wasn't a great fighter. He was overly reliant on his hammer but as long as he had it he'd stomp the shit out of armies of Frost Giants. That's not even using his godly powers, just his mallet.
he was pretty dumb.

He was effective, but skilled meh. Like you even said he relied heavly on his hammer. He was not very tactical. He pretty much was a brawler. Not saying he was not good with his hammer or effective, but he was far from being consider near on par with Thor of Marvel Universes in any way shape or form.

goldy powers? There powers in thor cases was almost all physical abilities. He dident posses power over weather or any such abilities in the original myths. Hell he could even be killed.

Dum Dum Dugan
Ogun should make it on everyones list

Omega Vision

goldy powers? There powers in thor cases was almost all physical abilities. He dident posses power over weather or any such abilities in the original myths. Hell he could even be killed.
He controlled the thunder and the lightning. Seriously have you ever even read a Norse myth?

Stick is likewise unjustifiably absent here

Dum Dum Dugan
He controlled the thunder and the lightning. Seriously have you ever even read a Norse myth?
yes I have, and originally he did not posses that ability. There been numerous era's of norse mythology and the story been added to and revamp several times. Just like all myths. The original myth give him no such ability over thunder or lightning that was added later. His original abilities only mention were his enormous size and vast strength. Also as I been saying it nothing compared to marvel thor which was my entire debate with about mythology thor in the first place. That marvel did not dumb down Thor, they vastly improved upon him.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by 753
Stick is likewise unjustifiably absent here
true.

Omega Vision
yes I have, and originally he did not posses that ability. There been numerous era's of norse mythology and the story been added to and revamp several times. Just like all myths. The original myth give him no such ability over thunder or lightning that was added later. His original abilities only mention were his enormous size and vast strength. Also as I been saying it nothing compared to marvel thor which was my entire debate with about mythology thor in the first place. That marvel did not dumb down Thor, they vastly improved upon him.
No, from the very beginning Thor was symbolized by his hammer which in turn symbolized thunder/lightning. It's always been an essential part of who he is. He's not the God of Brawling, he's the God of Storms.

Dum Dum Dugan
No, from the very beginning Thor was symbolized by his hammer which in turn symbolized thunder/lightning. It's always been an essential part of who he is. He's not the God of Brawling, he's the God of Storms.
except he had no such ability at using the powers. not onces did he shoot a lighting bolt or make a storm at a foe. He symbolized it, but he did not posses it as part of a power set.

twizzlers713
steve rogers

Creshosk
they have thousands of years of fighting experience Which accounts for shit if all you do is practice a single weapon. I covered this on either the first or second page.

His "thousand years of fighting experience" doesn't mean he's a master of anything other than what he's practiced, even then anything beyond that 100% was wasted time. Might as well have not been there since it was squandered.

Colossus-Big C
i know i was just playing
DC ares being the god of war has master over all weapons and fighting styles though

Omega Vision
except he had no such ability at using the powers. not onces did he shoot a lighting bolt or make a storm at a foe. He symbolized it, but he did not posses it as part of a power set.
He'd throw his hammer. The hammer would strike it's target like a lightning bolt and give off a thunderclap. The Norse believed that thunder was actually the echo of Mjolnir pwning suckas. Honestly you're being ridiculous here by claiming that the God of Thunder didn't command thunder.

Uriel005
Thor beats cap in a fist fight when he lost his powers. He also beat Grog the Godcrusher when he was depowered with just fighting skill...

Wolverine2006
1. Taskmaster
2. Iron Fist
3. Wolverine
4. Captain America
5. Deadpool (he just has too much fun messing around)
6. Elektra
7. Daredevil
8. Black Panther
9. Punisher
10. Blade

Colossus-Big C
thor and hercules belong at the top

Bentley
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
1. Taskmaster
2. Iron Fist
3. Wolverine
4. Captain America
6. Elektra
7. Daredevil
8. Black Panther
9. Punisher
10. Blade

Red Skull is better than Punisher.

bilabong
dur

Lunacyde
Prince of Orphans trumps everyone on all of your lists :P

bilabong
dur

The Nuul
Thor rules.

Lunacyde
Not necessarily in order.

1. Prince of Orphans
2. Fat Cobra
3. Taskmaster
4. Iron Fist
5. Mr. X
6. Wolverine
7. Black panther
8. Captain America
9. Gamora
10. Mantis

Bentley
Originally posted by Lunacyde
Not necessarily in order.

1. Prince of Orphans
2. Fat Cobra
3. Taskmaster
4. Iron Fist
5. Mr. X
6. Wolverine
7. Black panther
8. Captain America
9. Gamora
10. Mantis

This list lacks Moondragon and has way too much Mr. X.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Bentley
This list lacks Moondragon and has way too much Mr. X.

Fitting only 10 is difficult...so you would include Wolverine but not Mr.X?

Bentley
Mr. X is more telepathy + skill than pure fighting ability imo. I agree that it's difficult to put a list of just 10 -heck, Shang Chi isn't in most lists here to begin with-.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Bentley
Mr. X is more telepathy + skill than pure fighting ability imo. I agree that it's difficult to put a list of just 10 -heck, Shang Chi isn't in most lists here to begin with-.

SHANG CHI'S GHOST!....he's the master of Kung Fu!

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by bilabong
stop being so dumb thor is just a brawler and hercules as good as he is ... he is still no where near the most skilled fighters like cap iron fist shang chi act act you stop being dumb, thor and herc have over 5000 years of fighting experience there are far more skilled than any of these guys

Lunacyde
you stop being dumb, thor and herc have over 5000 years of fighting experience there are far more skilled than any of these guys

Nope. You believe if you stripped Thor of all powers and made him physically equivalent to these guys he would beat them in straight H2H no weapons?

psycho gundam
1) the foreigner

in no particular order

The Nuul
1) the foreigner

in no particular order

Segal is only 9th Dan. Norris, he is not.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Any list not having Gamora in the top 10.. should be disregarded for stupidity.

The Nuul
Characters like X, DD or Mid, because of their powers or upgrades that gives them a edge in a fight, that doesnt mean they have great skill. Put the same power or upgrade on Alfred, lets see how well he does.

marwash22
1. Moondragon
2. Gams
3. Mantis

4. Shang Chi
5. Temugin/Mandarin
6. Danny

7. Elektra

8. Wolverine

9. DD
10. Cap

I'm leaving Tasky and Echo off my list 'cause they are cheaters imo.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by marwash22
1. Moondragon
2. Gams
3. Mantis

4. Shang Chi
5. Temugin/Mandarin
6. Danny

7. Elektra

8. Wolverine

9. DD
10. Cap

I'm leaving Tasky and Echo off my list 'cause they are cheaters imo. Shang Chi isn't really that good of a fighter.

marwash22
as far as I'm concerned, you can rearrange the order of 4-6 in any way you like; the difference between each is minuscule.

Galan007
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
1. Taskmaster
2. Iron Fist
3. Wolverine
4. Captain America
6. Elektra
7. Daredevil
8. Black Panther
9. Punisher
10. Blade Deadpool > Taskmaster.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Galan007
Deadpool > Taskmaster.

Listen here goat cheese, you are wrong. Tasky >> DP.

marwash22
Originally posted by The Nuul
Listen here goat cheese, you are wrong. Tasky >> DP. tasky is a cheater. sneer His actual skill level is below the likes of hawkeye.

Galan007
Listen here goat cheese, you are wrong. Tasky >> DP. no

The Nuul
tasky is a cheater. sneer His actual skill level is below the likes of hawkeye.

durbeware

StiltmanFTW
tasky is a cheater. sneer His actual skill level is below the likes of hawkeye.

FYI, Bendispower Hawkeye is the most skilled fighter in MU. So Tasky's skill being below him is not a shame at all.

Juk3n
1. Moondragon
2. Gams
3. Mantis

4. Shang Chi
5. Temugin/Mandarin
6. Danny

7. Elektra

8. Wolverine

9. DD
10. Cap

I'm leaving Tasky and Echo off my list 'cause they are cheaters imo.

Good list, but id relegate shang to 7th and bump elektra to 6th, and id get rid of the spaces between wolverine , cap and dd because the gap is negligable.. Although it's all a bit iffy from shang-chi to cap. Some would argue Cap > Shang and non-beast powered DD. And personally id put a space between 5 and six, as i think danny and temugin have a noticable skill gap from my choice for 6th ..elektra, and shang.

so id go
1. Moondragon
2. Gams
3. Mantis

4. Temugin
5. Danny

6. Elektra
7. Shang-Chi
8. Wolverine
9. DD
10. Cap
more or less

Colossus-Big C
Nope. You believe if you stripped Thor of all powers and made him physically equivalent to these guys he would beat them in straight H2H no weapons? he should

Lunacyde
he should
BULL....there is nothing ever shown in comics to support this opinion.

Why do people constantly not include Prince of Orphans? And why do people put DD above Black Panther?

Stoic
In no particular order
Captain America
Shang Chi
Gamora
Wolverine
Adam Warlock
Conquest (Bridget Malone of the Exemplars)
Mantis
Daken
Sage
Night Crawler

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Stoic
In no particular order
Captain America
Shang Chi
Gamora
Wolverine
Adam Warlock
Conquest (Bridget Malone of the Exemplars)
Mantis
Daken
Sage
Night Crawler

Nightcrawler isn't even close, he's not even a master of one style.

Stoic
Nightcrawler isn't even close, he's not even a master of one style.

Sword fighting is a martial art. Kurt is bad with a sword.

darthgoober

Lunacyde
Sword fighting is a martial art. Kurt is bad with a sword.
Still doesn't belong on a list with the rest, he's only a 3 or 4 in fighting skill.

SamZED
Listen here goat cheese, you are wrong. Tasky >> DP. Only in terms of "who knows more MA" and not who can apply them better.

Stoic
Still doesn't belong on a list with the rest, he's only a 3 or 4 in fighting skill.

Ok so I'll place Black Panther in the list instead.

Lunacyde
Ok so I'll place Black Panther in the list instead.

Good choice.

Stoic
Good choice.

Hey you really like these Street Fighter types huh? Who do you think would win between Ryu and, Ironfist? Also why aren't we allowed to use Street Fighter characters in forum battle? They are in comics, and not manga after all.

Ptr_Grifin

Thor
Iron Fist
Captain America
Taskmaster
Hercules
Tryco Slatterus
Shang Chi

I like this list. The bold are the only ones I don't know about.

Mshinu
No particular order:

Stick
Ogun
Mantis
Gorgon
Gamora
Elektra
Temugin
Mandarin
Iron Fist
Moondragon

Warlord
I wouldn't leave Iron Fist out of the list....

(awwww it ryhmes too)

Mshinu
Originally posted by Warlord
I wouldn't leave Iron Fist out of the list....

(awwww it ryhmes too)

Yep, I forgot about IF`s uber levels

marwash22
Originally posted by Mshinu
No particular order:

Stick
Ogun
Mantis
Gorgon
Gamora
Elektra
Temugin
Mandarin
Iron Fist
Moondragon dude, this is "best fighter", not "most knowledgeable"... Stick would get wtfpwnd by Mantis, Moondragon and Gams.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>