Biggest crybaby

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Who in comics is the biggest crybaby?

sentry

Galactus

Spiderman

Thor

Feel free to add your own/

Lord_Talron
spiderman is NOT crybaby. he actually takes the crazy shit that happens to him pretty well.

id say sentry for sure

D_Dude1210
Superboy Prime?

batdude123
^

Badabing
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Who in comics is the biggest crybaby?

sentry

Galactus

Spiderman

Thor

Feel free to add your own/ Don't really see your list as having anyone who's a crybaby. Spidey vents about his bad luck, Sentry is a schizo, Thor was rebellious against his father and Galactus seems to be high maintenance.

I'd pick this character.

Superboy Prime also.

chomperx9
jubilee & Kitty

Dum Dum Dugan
black heart (what ever he called, mephisto son).

Lord_Talron
i just hope spiderman doesnt get reality jumping powers... poor stan lee

Endless Mike
Silver Surfer gets emotional a lot

The Nuul
Originally posted by Badabing
Don't really see your list as having anyone who's a crybaby. Spidey vents about his bad luck, Sentry is a schizo, Thor was rebellious against his father and Galactus seems to be high maintenance.

I'd pick this character.

Superboy Prime also.

You picked Black bolt z?

The Nuul
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Superboy Prime

-Pr-
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Superboy Prime?

Badabing
Originally posted by The Nuul
You picked Black bolt z? And Prime.

chomperx9
cyclops cries about jean to much

Badabing
Originally posted by chomperx9
cyclops cries about jean to much Waits for PR to reply...biscuits

OneDumbG0
^ laughing out loud

Superman Prime whines almost every time he loses a fight. But he's pretty cocky until that happens. And if I recall correctly, Dormammu whines with every loss AND whines about his sister too before he even loses.

-Pr-
cyclops cries about jean to much

he did. he doesnt anymore, thankfully.

Black bolt z
Don't really see your list as having anyone who's a crybaby. Spidey vents about his bad luck, Sentry is a schizo, Thor was rebellious against his father and Galactus seems to be high maintenance.

I'd pick this character.

Superboy Prime also. You little son of a *****.

But by galactus I was reading a surfer comic and he complained when thanos took his food away.

He also looks weird without his helmet.

King Castle
emo boy superboy and then sentry and finally its peter what a b#$@,,,

SamZED
Come on, people. Peter's parents died, then his uncle died, then his parents "returned" and then he lost them again, then his gf died after cheating on him with his archnemesis, he lost his child, he's been burried alive, he's saved the world countless times but 99% of people still hate him, he died a couple of times, most of his friends have either been killed or betrayed him.
Well excuse him for not being all "yay!" about it... And dont get me started on the "clone saga". And yet he barely ever complains about anyt of it (almost never) and keeps saving the world. What a crybaby...erm

Badabing
You little son of a *****.

But by galactus I was reading a surfer comic and he complained when thanos took his food away.

He also looks weird without his helmet. laughing out loudOriginally posted by SamZED
Come on, people. Peter's parents died, then his uncle died, then his parents "returned" and then he lost them again, then his gf died after cheating on him with his archnemesis, he lost his child, he's been burried alive, he's saved the world countless times but 99% of people still hate him, he died a couple of times, most of his friends have either been killed or betrayed him.
Well excuse him for not being all "yay!" about it... And dont get me started on the "clone saga". And yet he barely ever complains about anyt of it (almost never) and keeps saving the world. What a crybaby...erm Maybe Black Bolt Z meant Spider-Man fans then...ermm

biscuits

chomperx9

Feel free to add your own/ Bada

TheTyrant
Why is Galactus in the OP? I've never seen him cry before.

Wimjet
how has no one said Vulcan? i cant stand that crybaby mad

vansonbee
Hulk biggest crybaby there is!!!! or was it strongest his catch phrase?

Hulk = crybaby through his actions = Girlfriends dying = oh no Betty...

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by SamZED
Well excuse him for not being all "yay!" about it... And dont get me started on the "clone saga". And yet he barely ever complains about anyt of it (almost never) and keeps saving the world. What a crybaby...erm hear hear

Mshinu
Hulk, Spidey and Vulcan. The biggest baby there is, the amazing coward and the omega level whiner.
"Poor meeee sob sob soooooob!"

Lord_Talron
yea because if the shit that happened to spiderman happened to you, you would be just fine and totally not hanging on the end of a rope

Creshosk
I'd list the biggest crybaby, but then he'd probably go and cry about it.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
yea because if the shit that happened to spiderman happened to you, you would be just fine and totally not hanging on the end of a rope

Flashbacks from getting beat up in shool in every other panel gets tiresome.

That rope sounds like a good idea, but I doubt spidey would have the guts to use it.

As he said himself "The world hates a coward"

SamZED
Spider-man? Coward? That's like saying that Batman is a perv and Cap is gey... Oh wait... biscuits

laughing out loud Maybe Black Bolt Z meant Spider-Man fans then...ermm
ranting

stick out tongue

Lord Feron
SBP STOMPS HARD

Bentley
Prime wins yet again!

Omega Vision
Superboy Prime

amnesia
Mr. Immortal

Dr Will Hatch
Dr Doom. Even when he gets his way, he complains that it's not enough and breaks his toys. smile

Mindset
Wolverine.

Parmaniac
At least Spider-man isn't running away from his problems like some other character with indestructible bones.

Warlord
the destroyer armor

axelraptor
Vulcan and SBP

Black bolt z
Bada This is true

amnesia
Originally posted by Warlord
the destroyer armor

this

Creshosk
Bada Like you're one to talk. tung

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by SamZED
Well excuse him for not being all "yay!" about it... And dont get me started on the "clone saga". And yet he barely ever complains about anyt of it (almost never) and keeps saving the world. What a crybaby...erm Spider-Man is the biggest butt-monkey in comics. It might be part of his appeal, but they do overdo it sometimes. I can see where some might see him as a bit "emo" but he generally is pretty cheerful.

Omega Vision
The fact that Spider-Man isn't like Punisher right now is a testament to his fortitude, strength of character, and the power of Uncle Ben's speeches.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Creshosk
Like you're one to talk. tung Freedom of speech so yeah

King Castle
http://towardsmecca.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/spiderman-sad.jpg

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/untold-tales-of-spider-man/13-5.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/peterparkercrying.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/12037/crying.jpg

if i could find the scans of spidey crying in mid battle with the hulk and murlon it would drive home my point

chomperx9
someone post that picture of reed holding sue while she is dead with his chin hanging 4 feet down.

Creshosk
Originally posted by King Castle

if i could find the scans of spidey crying in mid battle with the hulk and murlon it would drive home my point Spiderman is actually very well adjusted psychologically speaking given what he has to put up with.

Half of us should be so lucky not to fall into a rather depressed stupor or take to drugs, drinking or suicide.

In fact he doesn't display as many post traumatic stress traits as Batman or the hulk do.

King Castle
compared to other heroes and villains spiderman has it easy a walk in the park no reason to be crying every ten minutes.

Creshosk
Freedom of speech so yeah Not as applicable on a message board. You can still be banned and censored since its a private owned affiliation.

Freedom of speech protects you from government censorship and even then to a somewhat limited degree.

But that's not my point in the first place.

Creshosk
compared to other heroes and villains spiderman has it easy a walk in the park no reason to be crying every ten minutes. Compared to you you're a bigger cry baby than he is, you're whining about his whining which idisn't as often as you make it out to be.

chomperx9
Spiderman is actually very well adjusted psychologically speaking given what he has to put up with.

Half of us should be so lucky not to fall into a rather depressed stupor or take to drugs, drinking or suicide.

In fact he doesn't display as many post traumatic stress traits as Batman or the hulk do. batmans and spideys drama history are kinda similar. I mean they both lost their parents at a young age and have lost other love ones along side them as well through out their lives.

Banner is always stressed out cause he is dissapointed with himself for the carnage he has caused as the hulk.

you remember that wink

King Castle
you know you are suppose to focus on the argument and not the poster.. erm

anyways..

wolverine, sabretooth, captain america, red skull, aquaman, superman all had it just as bad if not more so and you dont see them crying every 5 minutes

Creshosk
batmans and spideys drama history are kinda similar. I mean they both lost their parents at a young age and have lost other love ones along side them as well through out their lives.

Banner is always stressed out cause he is dissapointed with himself for the carnage he has caused as the hulk.Yup. All understandable sources of depression. Handled differently. Spiderman uses humor as a defensive mechanism for example.

you remember that wink Did you go whining to the mods again?

Creshosk
you know you are suppose to focus on the argument and not the poster.. erm

anyways..

wolverine, sabretooth, captain america, red skull, aquaman, superman all had it just as bad if not more so and you dont see them crying every 5 minutes And?

Superman is a prime example of mental health. He has it a lot worse than any of the others and still maintains optimal levels of "cheeriness where appropriate.

And 5 minutes is still a gross exageration.

The fact that you have to keep making the exagerations shows just how weak your argument is since it can't stand without you strawmanning it.

chomperx9
Yup. All understandable sources of depression. Handled differently. Spiderman uses humor as a defensive mechanism for example.

yeah but honestly id say wolverine has a bigger history of drama more than spidey and bats. wolverine has nightmares every night over his operation or sabretooth taking out one of his babes. or wolverine even killing someone on his own.

not yet

Creshosk
yeah but honestly id say wolverine has a bigger history of drama more than spidey and bats. wolverine has nightmares every night over his operation or sabretooth taking out one of his babes. or wolverine even killing someone on his own. He's also been around a lot longer. Than bats or spidey, so more than likely that would nmean he has more traqumas to deal with. Especially given Sabertooth.

not yet but you're thinking about it.

King Castle
i did i had enough of his attitude. angel

now moving on another crybaby is jean grey she has had emotional outburst and indignation in the middle of battle while crying about how wrong everything is... she never should have bn on the field of battle ever.

Creshosk
i did i had enough of his attitude. hypocrite

now moving on another crybaby is jean grey she has had emotional outburst and indignation in the middle of battle while crying about how wrong everything is... she never should have bn on the field of battle ever. So emotional displays in the middle of battle makes one a crybaby?

So shall I add you to the list then?

chomperx9
i did i had enough of his attitude. angel

now moving on another crybaby is jean grey she has had emotional outburst and indignation in the middle of battle while crying about how wrong everything is... she never should have bn on the field of battle ever. cyclops cries more than she does.

King Castle
only if she is crying and unable to do her job which she was ordered to do and nearly got her team mates killed because she refuses to use her powers which was the purpose of bringing her along.

-Pr-
cyclops cries more than she does.

even when cyclops was at his worst he still won tons of fights and led his team to tons of victories.

King Castle
okay so the biggest ones are:

peter
scott
jean grey

any one else?

i am thinking about dr. light

-Pr-
Cyclops isn't a crybaby. At all. He's the king of repressed emotions.

Omega Vision

i am thinking about dr. light
Arthur Light? He's too busy raping people and talking about rape to ever actually be a crybaby.

Superman is a prime example of mental health. He has it a lot worse than any of the others and still maintains optimal levels of "cheeriness where appropriate. How does superman have it a lot worse than the others?

Anyway, Vulcan and SBP win by a mile.

Both spider-man and wolverine whine a lot about their fates and ****ed up histories and definitelly deserve their places in this list.

Spider-man at least has the capacity to laugh at himself, grit his teeth and keep going, that shows character.

Logan goes on binges, rampages and mopes. He is, however, getting some interesting development and growing the **** up now that the cycle of external manipulation in his life has ended. Deadpool is another noteworthy whiner.

Iceman, multiple man, omega kid, hellion, elixir, gambit, chamber, legion, protheus, husk, archangel, rogue, the list of x-men goes on.

Other character aren't exactly crying but are clearly unbalanced and fueled by trauma, they're crying on the inside: cyclops, batman, magneto, emma frost, plastic man (his sense of humour is just a cover up, he is frighteningly screwed up and dangerous)

Note, however, that all this people have good reason to complain. This why vulcan and SBP are so umbearable, they're spoiled little brats.

Creshosk
okay so the biggest ones are:

peter
scott
jean grey

any one else?

i am thinking about dr. light You really suck at picking people for this don't you?

Creshosk
Originally posted by 753
How does superman have it a lot worse than the others? He was for a period of time the last of his species before he found a few relatives of his. Think about it, his home planet was destroyed.

I'm pretty sure that's pretty high up there on the sucktitude scale.

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
How does superman have it a lot worse than the others?

he might not have it worse, but he's had it pretty bad in the past and even lately. three of his four parents are dead. he's lost krypton twice. he's been forced to watch lois die more than once (mostly through illusions). his friends have all died at one point or another (hal, barry, bruce).

he's at this point expected by people to save them. they don't hope anymore; he's basically a failure if he doesn't show up to save you.

that and the whole "power being a curse" thing.

chomperx9
Originally posted by -Pr-
even when cyclops was at his worst he still won tons of fights and led his team to tons of victories. doesnt change the fact that he cried alot

Creshosk
doesnt change the fact that he cried alot How much would you cry if the people you loved were killed?

-Pr-
doesnt change the fact that he cried alot

there's a difference between crying and being a crybaby.

chomperx9
How much would you cry if the people you loved were killed? the thread is about who is the biggest crybaby not why they cried or to give any excuses for them. if its wrong to add cylops to the cry baby list then its wrong to post any other character as well cause they all cried for a reason.

King Castle
i dont cry havent for a long time i have a different view about death then most.

also the ones i picked are ppl who have bn shown to cry repeatedly on panel..

others whine and mope but they dont actually cry regularly with tears rolling down

He was for a period of time the last of his species before he found a few relatives of his. Think about it, his home planet was destroyed.

I'm pretty sure that's pretty high up there on the sucktitude scale. So what? He was a newborn. He didnt even learn of krypton until he was an adult. Besides, his adopted species served all his emotional needs, kryptonians can even breed with humans cant they?

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
So what? He was a newborn. He didnt even learn of krypton until he was an adult. Besides, his adopted species served all his emotional needs, kryptonians can even breed with humans cant they?

he was a young teenager actually.

and it's not known whether they can breed or not.

he might not have it worse, but he's had it pretty bad in the past and even lately. three of his four parents are dead. he's lost krypton twice. he's been forced to watch lois die more than once (mostly through illusions). his friends have all died at one point or another (hal, barry, bruce).

he's at this point expected by people to save them. they don't hope anymore; he's basically a failure if he doesn't show up to save you.

that and the whole "power being a curse" thing.

Everybody's parents die. At least he was an adult when the parent he actually knew died. Who hasn't been hyptnotized into seeing their beloved ones die in comics? Batman and logan saw their parents' heads blown off before their eyes as children. They've actually lost lovers, logan more so than anyone else.

Everyone in comics has seen all their freinds die and come back and have done it themselves. Traumatizing, sure, but even mentioning SM in a list of the most tragic characters in comics is nonsensical.

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
Everybody's parents die. At least he was an adult when the parent he actually knew died. Who hasn't been hyptnotized into seeing their beloved ones die in comics? Batman and logan saw their parents' heads blown off before their eyes as children. They've actually lost lovers, logan more so than anyone else.

Everyone in comics has seen all their freinds die and come back and have done it themselves. Traumatizing, sure, but even mentioning SM in a list of the most tragic characters in comics is nonsensical.

how does them having grief lessen his?

he was a young teenager actually.

and it's not known whether they can breed or not. He was in his teens when krypton was destroyed and he was sent to earth?

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
He was in his teens when krypton was destroyed and he was sent to earth?

he was a teen when he found out.

King Castle
no, he was a teenager when he found out that he was an alien from krypton and his planet was destroyed.

Creshosk
the thread is about who is the biggest crybaby not why they cried or to give any excuses for them. if its wrong to add cylops to the cry baby list then its wrong to post any other character as well cause they all cried for a reason. Then I nominate you.

chomperx9
Then I nominate you. im honored

Black bolt z
Guys I think this thread is more about whining then actually crying.Naturally some of the characters would cry but this thread is mostly for people who whine for whatever reason or crying beyond the normal for heroes that have lost people or something along those lines.

chomperx9
Guys I think this thread is more about whining then actually crying.Naturally some of the characters would cry but this thread is mostly for people who whine for whatever reason or crying beyond the normal for heroes that have lost people or something along those lines. tell that to summers fanboys

Black bolt z
tell that to summers fanboys Does he cry more then a normal hero would or sometimes for no reason at all?He just likes crying?Then hes a crybaby.

King Castle
can we get a mod to moderate pls.. getting tired of a particular posters attitude toward other posters.. its really mild bashing, baiting and insulting.

anyways if that is the case then peter cries and moans way above his situation more often then not.

chomperx9
Does he cry more then a normal hero would or sometimes for no reason at all?He just likes crying?Then hes a crybaby.

Creshosk
Guys I think this thread is more about whining then actually crying.Naturally some of the characters would cry but this thread is mostly for people who whine for whatever reason or crying beyond the normal for heroes that have lost people or something along those lines.

Yeah, not just because someone cried.

Creshosk
What makes his crying above and beyond what's to be accepted considering his circumstances.

It's almost as if you expect a character to never cry regtardless of what they go through.

Creshosk
can we get a mod to moderate pls.. getting tired of a particular posters attitude toward other posters.. its really mild bashing, baiting and insulting.

anyways if that is the case then peter cries and moans way above his situation more often then not. I nominate King Castle.

how does them having grief lessen his?

It doesnt lessen his, it just makes it comparativelly insignificant. I was replying to the claim that it's so amazing he is so healthy when he's had it worse than everyone else. He probably had one of the least traumatic existences in superheroe comics.

Creshosk
Originally posted by 753
It doesnt lessen his, it just makes it comparativelly insignificant. I was replying to the claim that it's so amazing he is so healthy when he's had it worse than everyone else. He probably had one of the least traumatic existences in superheroe comics. So is any pain you suffer insignificant because others have felt worse pain?

chomperx9
honestly there needs to be a disrespect forum for characters where there is a rule where you cant spam the thread with fanboyism and back up your character if you feel offended by the posts in that characters thread.

just like in the character respect threads you arent allowed to post any negative comments in there about the characters or its spamming.

reason for the Disrespect Forum idea is so on there you can discuss why characters suck and there is no bashing or spamming like in the vs forum. that is the place to discuss why they suck and if anyone posts any positive comments about the character its considered spamming.

please forward this to RAZ

chomperx9
What makes his crying above and beyond what's to be accepted considering his circumstances.

It's almost as if you expect a character to never cry regtardless of what they go through.

So is any pain you suffer insignificant because others have felt worse pain? Not to the one who suffers, but to an outside observer they may pale in comparison.

For instance:

Super man discovered a planet full of people he had no memories of had exploded and he was the last of his kind. Rough, specially for a teenager, adolescency is a hard enough period as it is after all

Arround the same age, Magneto dug himself out of a collective grave where the rest of his family stayed after being fired upon by the SS and then he was captured and sent to a concentration camp

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Not to the one who suffers, but to an outside observer they may pale in comparison.

For instance:

Super man discovered a planet full of people he had no memories of had exploded and he was the last of his kind. Rough, specially for a teenager, adolescency is a hard enough period as it is after all

Arround the same age, Magneto dug himself out of a collective grave where the rest of his family stayed after being fired upon by the SS and then he was captured and sent to a concentration camp
Only a poorly written Superman pines for Krypton. Most of the time he treats Krypton much the same way most people treat a dead relative who died before they were born.

Creshosk
It's not for every and any instance where a character cries, its for beyond the normal of what's expected.

If a person's family is killed its expected for them to show some greif.

Not every character is a psycho or sociopath like the joker.

It's not "Oh, they cried, therefore they're a crybaby!", like you seem to think it is.

King Castle
@omega vision
light candles and picnic in the cemetery or throw a party?

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Only a poorly written Superman pines for Krypton. Most of the time he treats Krypton much the same way most people treat a dead relative who died before they were born.

Now, that makes sense.

Creshosk
Originally posted by 753
Not to the one who suffers, but to an outside observer they may pale in comparison.

For instance:

Arround the same age, Magneto dug himself out of a collective grave where the rest of his family stayed after being fired upon by the SS and then he was captured and sent to a concentration camp It's still sociopathic to say that one person's pain is insignificant because another has felt worse pain.

You're girlfriend of a year broke up with you? Who cares someone else's wife of 15 years died in their arms.

It's like saying that ass person's feelings don't matter in the slightest. Oh your hand hurts because you accidenlty put a nail through it? Who cares, other people have had their hands blown off.

It's illogical as well, falls under the red herring argument.

chomperx9
It's not for every and any instance where a character cries, its for beyond the normal of what's expected.

If a person's family is killed its expected for them to show some greif.

Not every character is a psycho or sociopath like the joker.

It's not "Oh, they cried, therefore they're a crybaby!", like you seem to think it is. reason i added scott is because he has cried so many times over jean. sure he has a reason to but that doesnt change the topic of the thread.

and honestly if your gonna give an excuse to every character that has cried before then this thread shouldnt exist cause like i said before they all cried at some point for a reason.

only ones that are cry babies are ones that dont get what they want or dont get their way. i could name afew but i know u would take offense to it.

Black bolt z
Yeah, not just because someone cried. Exactly.Crying beyond what they should or just plain whining

King Castle
no its called putting things in perspective and realizing your pain is inconsequential and can and has bn dealt by others in a better manner.

Creshosk
reason i added scott is because he has cried so many times over jean. sure he has a reason to but that doesnt change the topic of the thread./b] If its a valid reason that doesn't make him a crybaby.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Its not about "Oh they cried" its crying more than is expected you sociopath.

chomperx9
If its a valid reason that doesn't make him a crybaby.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Its not about "Oh they cried" its crying more than is expected you sociopath. ok give me your opinion on a character then that cries without reasoning ?

Creshosk
no its called putting things in perspective and realizing your pain is inconsequential and can and has bn dealt by others in a better manner. That's a very sociopathic thing to say. I hope you never feel the slightest bit depressed because its insiginifcant compared to what other people have felt previously.

Have a headache? That's insignicant compared to the person who got shot in the face and survived.

It's still sociopathic to say that one person's pain is insignificant because another has felt worse pain.

You're girlfriend of a year broke up with you? Who cares someone else's wife of 15 years died in their arms.

It's like saying that ass person's feelings don't matter in the slightest. Oh your hand hurts because you accidenlty put a nail through it? Who cares, other people have had their hands blown off.

It's illogical as well, falls under the red herring argument.

haha there is nothing sociopathic at all about it. It's natural for people to feel more empathy for a greater loss than for a smaller one. Depending on how small it is, the griefer might just seem spoiled and weak to an observer.

For instance if a friend had come tell me that he had just broken up with his girlfriend of a year and another friend had told me his wife had died in his arms, I would be far more moved by the dead wife then the common break up and it would indeed be a much bigger deal to any normal person.

In fact, if both events had occurred arround the same time and they were both crying about it to me, I would probably tell the dumped one to suck it up, cause his loss would seem so meaningless in comparison to the widower's.

Omega Vision
no its called putting things in perspective and realizing your pain is inconsequential and can and has bn dealt by others in a better manner.
That's fairly ignorant. Everyone handles hardship differently, not everyone can be stoic. Expecting everyone to deal with sorrow with the same efficiency is like expecting everyone to be able to bench press 300 lbs: illogical.

King Castle
i realize my pain is inconsequential in the grand scheme of life so i try not to let it effect me to the point i am a crying sniffling lil girl like guys like peter who seems to constantly cry when his wife breaks up with him or when he thinks of qwen years later etc etc..

he cries in mid battle about his wife that is a no no for a real soldier warrior.. your sole mission is to focus what is on hand and worry about your private life when you are back home

Creshosk
i realize my pain is inconsequential in the grand scheme of life so i try not to let it effect me to the point i am a crying sniffling lil girl like guys like peter who seems to constantly cry when his wife breaks up with him or when he thinks of qwen years later etc etc..

he cries in mid battle about his wife that is a no no for a real soldier warrior.. your sole mission is to focus what is on hand and worry about your private life when you are back home You really are a sociopath.

Omega Vision

he cries in mid battle about his wife that is a no no for a real soldier warrior.. your sole mission is to focus what is on hand and worry about your private life when you are back home
Again that's suggesting that Peter Parker is a soldier. He's not. He's a kid who got bit by a radioactive spider and chose to step up to the plate and become a hero because he felt he was responsible to use his powers to help people.

So once more you project unfair standards onto people.

Creshosk
Originally posted by 753
haha there is nothing sociopathic at all about it. It's natural for people to feel more empathy for a greater loss than for a smaller one. Depending on how small it is, the griefer might just seem spoiled and weak to an observer.

For instance if a friend had come tell me that he had just broken up with his girlfriend of a year and another friend had told me his wife had died in his arms, I would be far more moved by the dead wife then the common break up and it would indeed be a much bigger deal to any normal person.

In fact, if both events had occurred arround the same time and they were both crying about it to me, I would probably tell the dumped one to suck it up, cause his loss would seem so meaningless in comparison to the widower's.

King Castle
You really are a sociopath. can we focus on the characters and will you stop making remarks toward the poster.. its getting old and i hate to report you

jalek moye
Also you're really exxagerating how much peter cries.

King Castle
Originally posted by jalek moye
Also you're really exxagerating how much peter cries. who me?

he cried while fighting the hulk about marry jane when he thought she may had tied.

also during the break up moments with her he appeared to cry iirc regularly

Creshosk
who me?

he cried while fighting the hulk about marry jane when he thought she may had tied.

also during the break up moments with her he appeared to cry iirc regularly So you're saying he cried when he was justified, makes him a crybaby?

You know what? I'm just going to report you for trolling.

jalek moye
who me?

also during the break up moments with her he appeared to cry iirc regularly

wait are you seriously trying to say that crying because you think your wife is dead makes u a crybaby?

chomperx9
who me?

also during the break up moments with her he appeared to cry iirc regularly but peter cried for a reason over love. creshosk says thats not considered being a cry baby.

What a joke. One could claim you are a sociopath for calling chomper a crybaby a page ago in this thread by the same standards you're using. Sociopaths are ciompletelly incapable of feeling empathy or remorse.

Feeling more empathy for people who deserve it more because their losses are greater is normality. nobody would treat both losses the same way.

Your argument ammounts to: "paris hilton couldnt get her ipod in the color she wanted. boohoo her pain is every bit as legit and should be taken with the same consideration as people who lost their legs, otherwise you're being insensitive to small tragedies and are, therefore, a sociopath. I mean how is her pain any smaller because others suffered more?"

PS: Go to that dictionary and look up 'pervasive'

King Castle
Originally posted by jalek moye
wait are you seriously trying to say that crying because you think your wife is dead makes u a crybaby? no. saying there is a time and place to grief and fighting the hulk is not one of them,... hulk actually felt sorry for parker and stop fighting him.

chomperx9
honestly there needs to be a disrespect forum for characters where there is a rule where you cant spam the thread with fanboyism and back up your character if you feel offended by the posts in that characters thread.

just like in the character respect threads you arent allowed to post any negative comments in there about the characters or its spamming.

reason for the Disrespect Forum idea is so on there you can discuss why characters suck and there is no bashing or spamming like in the vs forum. that is the place to discuss why they suck and if anyone posts any positive comments about the character its considered spamming.

please forward this to RAZ

Creshosk
Originally posted by 753
What a joke. One could claim you are a sociopath for calling chomper a crybaby a page ago in this thread by the same standards you're using. Sociopaths are uncapable of feeling empathy towards others or remorse for the harm they cause them.Except you'd be wrong.

He went into a thread and basically trolled by makeing implications. Then when three people responded to him he reported them.

And from the way it sounded he'd done that frequently.

Originally posted by 753
Feeling more empathy for people who deserve it more because their losses are greater is normality. nobody would treat both losses the same way. Being unable to feel empathy for the lesser person?

Gee, what does that sound like?

Originally posted by 753
Your argument ammounts to: "paris hilton couldnt get her ipod in the color she wanted. boohoo her pain is every bit as legit and should be taken with the same consideration as people who lost their legs, otherwise you're being insensitive to small tragedies and are, therefore, a sociopath. I mean how is her pain any smaller because others suffered more?" Strawman. nice to see you're not capable of logical thinking.

Originally posted by 753
PS: Go to that dictionary and look up 'pervasive' I know what it means.

Creshosk
no. saying there is a time and place to grief and fighting the hulk is not one of them,... hulk actually felt sorry for parker and stop fighting him. And I'm sure you have 100% control of your feelings?

Or did you kjust realize how stupid your arguments are and are trying to back peddle?

chomperx9
Except you'd be wrong.

He went into a thread and basically trolled by makeing implications. Then when three people responded to him he reported them.

wrong i only reported one person. no need to say who

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
It doesnt lessen his, it just makes it comparativelly insignificant. I was replying to the claim that it's so amazing he is so healthy when he's had it worse than everyone else. He probably had one of the least traumatic existences in superheroe comics.

i wouldn't go that far. he's gone through some pretty traumatic shit in his life. yes, other people have gone through worse, but watching New Krypton explode is hardly "insignificant".

as for everyone else, and i mean EVERYONE, cut out the bashing. If you're arrogant enough to think it doesn't apply to you, then it most certainly does.

Creshosk
wrong i only reported one person. no need to say who Regardless of how many you reported, the fact is that you couldn't handle three people responding to you at the sametime respnding to a rather leading sounding question, and so what did you do?

You went above and beyond what's an acceptable amount of emotional display.

King Castle
And I'm sure you have 100% control of your feelings?

Or did you just realize how stupid your arguments are and are trying to back peddle? i didnt back peddle i said it clearly that a soldier or warrior doesnt cry in mid battle like parker has done more then once.. the fight is what is important then your emotional issues after its all done... he is a crybaby b/c he couldnt compartmentalize what was more important right there in time.

and my argument isnt stupid it is simply an argument

chomperx9
Regardless of how many you reported, the fact is that you couldn't handle three people responding to you at the sametime respnding to a rather leading sounding question, and so what did you do?

You went above and beyond what's an acceptable amount of emotional display. it had nothing to do with 3 people it was only one person's posts that were un necessary. the others i let slide by. you can ask the mods what i put in the report i said nothing about multiple members. only a single one.

and if there was no need for the report then no mod would have responded. so there for someone was acting innapropriately

Creshosk
i didnt back peddle i said it clearly that a soldier or warrior doesnt cry in mid battle like parker has done more then once.. the fight is what is important then your emotional issues after its all done... he is a crybaby b/c he couldnt compartmentalize what was more important right there in time.

and my argument isnt stupid it is simply an argument Except as it was pointed out he's NOT a soldier.

You're applying a false standard to him, and then using circular reasoning to justify it.

no, your argument is stupid because it's illogical and displays some sociopathic traits.

Creshosk
it had nothing to do with 3 people it was only one persons posts that were un necessary. the others i let slide by. you can ask the mods what i put in the report i said nothing about multiple mebers. only a single one Then I guess the mod misunderstsood. And based on that misinterpritation I followed suit I was in the wrong. I'm sorry for my comments regarding you on that subject.

I made a mistake.

Except you'd be wrong.

He went into a thread and basically trolled by makeing implications. Then when three people responded to him he reported them. so what? does that mean you can disregard his feelings?

Lesser person, so you say. I said the one who suffered the lesser loss. And it's not being unable to feel any empathy (although the loss might be so insignificant to the observer's standards that it arouses none, like paris hilton and her ipod, her pain is still real to her, but few people would give a **** about it), it's feeling a lot less empathy, so much less empathy that when both losses are compared, the lesser one seems insignificant in comparison because it is insignificant in comparison. It takes an emotionally colorblind person not to see this.

"Who cares that someone else's wife just died?" If my girlfriend left me and my friend's wife died I would suck it the **** up and keep it in perspective that my pain while real is nothing compared to his. Any sane outside observer would see it the same way. No sane person would atribute the same weight to them both. If the widower wants a long period off from work, it's reasonable and fair to give it to him. If a guy gets dumped by his 1year gf, feels like shit and wants the same, it's not. He's socially expected to keep it toghether because people can naturally estimate the degrees of trauma another person is going through and act accordingly. We all relativize pain, it's part of our affective lifes from our childhoods.

Now, you said SM is super mentally healthy because he had it worse than everyone and was superfunctional. I was pointing out that he didnt have it worse and his pain pails in comparison to others.

oh was it? haha whatever you say

you clearly don't

i wouldn't go that far. he's gone through some pretty traumatic shit in his life. yes, other people have gone through worse, but watching New Krypton explode is hardly "insignificant".

Granted. NK was a rough deal by any standards.

King Castle
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6084/feat13fight10si4.jpg

psycho gundam
kill this thread with fire

-Pr-
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6084/feat13fight10si4.jpg

what's wrong with that?

Originally posted by psycho gundam
kill this thread with fire

patience...

Creshosk
Originally posted by 753
so what? does that mean you can disregard his feelings? I misunderstood the situation and apologized.

Originally posted by 753
Lesser person, so you say. I said the one who suffered the lesser loss. And it's not being unable to feel any empathy (although the loss might be so insignificant to the observer's standards, it causes none, like paris hilton and her ipod, her pain is still real to her), it's feeling a lot less empathy, so much less empathy that when both losses are compared, the lesser one seems insignificant in comparison because it is insignificant in comparison. It takes an emotionally colorblind person not to see this. And yet you're still trying to rationalize calling the pain of somebody's break up insignificant.

Even strawmanning it to something that truly is trivial.

Originally posted by 753
"Who cares that someone else's wife just died?" If my girlfriend left me and my friend's wife died I would suck it the **** up and keep it in perspective that my pain while real is nothing compared to his. Bullshit. It's easy to make such a claim when its not occuring, but i doubt you'd be able to just "suck it up"

Originally posted by 753
Any sane outside observer would see it the same way. No sane person would atribute the same weight to them both. But apparently its acceptable for a sane person to call someone's legitimate loss insignificant. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by 753
If the widower wants a long period off from work, it's reasonable and fair to give it to him. If a guy gets dumped by his 1year gf, feels like shit and wants the same, it's not. He's socially expected to keep it toghether because people can naturally estimate the degrees of trauma another person is going through and act accordingly. We all relativize pain, it's part of our affective lifes from our childhoods. But its certainly not "insignificant".

Originally posted by 753
Now, you said SM is super mentally healthy because he had it worse than everyone and was superfunctional. I was pointing out that he didnt have it worse and his pain pails in comparison to others. Which is incorrect.

Originally posted by 753
oh was it? haha whatever you say Yes it was. rather than addressing my point you felt the need to exagerate it to an extreme.

Originally posted by 753
you clearly don't Because some random nobody on the internet says so? I guess you have mind reading powers or don't understand the concept of individuality or the concept of the pribvate mind?

Right...

Creshosk
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6084/feat13fight10si4.jpg Originally posted by Creshosk
You really are a sociopath.

Creshosk
That's a terrible idea.

Why have a section dedicated to promoting negativity?

galactusischere
There are too many to choose from. I'm gonna go with the Sentry.

chomperx9
what's wrong with that?

yeah theres no crying there.

galactusischere

Colossus Big-C already made one for Galactus. lulzworthy material.

chomperx9
That's a terrible idea.

Why have a section dedicated to promoting negativity? because in normal threads like in this thread for example it goes off topic with negativity and turns into debates and sometimes leads towards bashing. A disrespect forum would be a place to discuss or post any negative pictures about a character. and those threads are only for the people who dislike the character.

kinda like in the respect forum u cannot add any negative comments or post some pictures of the characters getting their butts kicked. and the only people that post in there are the ones who enjoy the character.

A disrespect forum would be the opposite you can only post if you agree to not liking the character and any positive comments would be spamming. there for it would be a place for people to talk and discuss why they suck and there would be no member bashing or fights.

for example someone would make a superman disrespect thread and you post what ever you want about supes why you dont like him or any pictures him getting owned. if PR or shokozugi were to post in there it would be spamming. not saying certain members would not be allowed in certain threads. but you get the idea by what i mean about the 2 posting.

Creshosk
because in normal threads like in this thread for example it goes off topic with negativity and turns into debates That's the point of this forum, its a debate forum.

and sometimes leads towards bashing. A disrespect forum would be a place to discuss or post any negative pictures about a character. and those threads are only for the people who dislike the character.

kinda like in the respect forum u cannot add any negative comments or post some pictures of the characters getting their butts kicked. and the only people that post in there are the ones who enjoy the character.

A disrespect forum would be the opposite you can only post if you agree to not liking the character and any positive comments would be spamming. there for it would be a place for people to talk and discuss why they suck and there would be no member bashing or fights.

for example someone would make a superman disrespect thread and you post what ever you want about supes why you dont like him or any pictures him getting owned. if PR or shokozugi were to post in there it would be spamming. not saying certain members would not be allowed in certain threads. but you get the idea by what i mean about the 2 posting. this was a bad idea for a thread. And I really don't think that a disrespect forum is a good idea.

chomperx9
That's the point of this forum, its a debate forum.

this was a bad idea for a thread. And I really don't think that a disrespect forum is a good idea. this is supposed to be a vs forum discuss why this character would win over this one. not make the other one look like crap. a cry baby thread is making characters look bad and as u can tell already certain members get offended when posting certain characters that they like and that pissed them off and turns into bashing.

a disrespect forum would be the place to discuss why a character is a cry baby why they get their ass kicked alot and only people who want to post negative about the character can post in that thread or its spamming.

think of it like the respect forum but completely the opposite

And yet you're still trying to rationalize calling the pain of somebody's break up insignificant.

Even strawmanning it to something that truly is trivial.

Insignificant to you.
You just dismiss that which is insignificant to your own values and say people who dismiss a pain you find significant are sociopaths. You may seem just as callous calling that ipod loss trivial to someone else as I seem to you.

Doubt away.

In comparative terms, which is what I've been saying from the beggining, it is insignificant. My response to one would be much bigger than to the other. So much so, that the other becomes irrelevant when contrasted to the one.

To the one suffering, it's not, but to a sane observer watching both losses, it's comparativelly insignificant. This is called perspective.

Like I said above, what you find insignifcant someone else may not. If your idea is that all pain is worthy of consideration because it's real to the sufferer (as it seems to be), then you shouldn't be dismissing the turmoils of spoiled rich girls.

Well, if you knew what pervasive is, you would have correctly interpreted that dictionary definition of sociopathy instead flaunting it about like you did. Sociopathy is a fundamental incapacity for empathy and remorse. It is total, utter and all encompassing (pervasive) disregard for the feelings and lifes of others. It is not having a comparative outlook on the different degrees of trauma one goes through in life. When I said that the lesser loss is insignifcant in comparison, but the greater one isn't and is worthy of consideration, this alone would contradict a 'pervasive disregard'.

Or maybe you did know what it means and just wanted to use it as a buzzword... Which is it?

BTW, you are a tad too agressive here aren't you? Maybe you should practice what you preach and exercise that boundless empathy of yours for all living creatures.

Creshosk
this is supposed to be a vs forum discuss why this character would win over this one. not make the other one look like crap. a cry baby thread is making characters look bad and as u can tell already certain members get offended when posting certain characters that they like and that pissed them off and turns into bashing.

a disrespect forum would be the place to discuss why a character is a cry baby why they get their ass kicked alot and only people who want to post negative about the character can post in that thread or its spamming.

think of it like the respect forum but completely the opposite It's a bad idea. Period.

Creshosk
Originally posted by 753
Insignificant to you.
You just dismiss that which is insignificant to your own values and say people who dismiss a pain you find significant are sociopaths. You may seem just as callous calling that ipod loss trivial to someone else as I seem to you. So you're saying that Paris Hilton's pain is equivilent? Here I thought you were using it as a pathetic qattempt to discredit my arguments.

Originally posted by 753
Doubt away. Yeah, I'll believe you're not a sociopath.

Originally posted by 753
In comparative terms, which is what I've been saying from the beggining, it is insignificant. My response to one would be much bigger than to the other. So much so, that the other becomes irrelevant when contrasted to the one. But it's NOT insignificant. You're effectively saying his pain is 0. 50 may not be 100 or 1000, but its certainly not 10 or less.

Originally posted by 753
To the one suffering, it's not, but to a sane observer watching both losses, it's comparativelly insignificant. This is called perspective. I'm not talking about subjective standards here.

Originally posted by 753
Like I said above, what you find insignifcant someone else may not. If your idea is that all pain is worthy of consideration because it's real to the sufferer (as it seems to be), then you shouldn't be dismissing the turmoils of spoiled rich girls.Except I'm not using a subjective standard to dismiss another person's feelings.

When I say trivial, I mean less than 5. I unlike you am not saying it's 0.

Originally posted by 753
Well, if you knew what pervasive is, you would have correctly interpreted that dictionary definition of sociopathy instead flaunting it about like you did./b] Or perhaps you're not understanding the full situation. all I've seen from you, everything I've seen from you and king castle are "Suck it up" "their pain doesn't matter." :"who cares?"

So from my standpoint yes, its all encompassing.

Originally posted by 753
Sociopathy is a fundamental incapacity for empathy and remorse. It is total, utter and all encompassing (pervasive) disregard for the feelings and lifes of others.b]/ Dismissing of feelings and rationaqlization of why its okay.

Originally posted by 753
but the greater one isn't and is worthy of consideration, this alone would contradict a 'pervasive disregard'. it's a rationalization. You could keep using the reasoning up into the ridiculous.

"Why should I care about the guy who lost an hand? That guy lost his arm! Why should I care about the guy who lost an arm? That Guy lost two arms!" And so on. Its a rationalization for dismissing a person's feelings.

If you'd so easily dismiss a significant pain How would I trust that you wouldn't do it to another significant pain given that a greater one can exist?

That's all I know from you is this desire to trivialize significant pain by comparing it to disapointment.

Rationalization of your sociopathic tendencies.

Originally posted by 753
Or maybe you did know what it means and just wanted to use it as a buzzword... Which is it? False dicotomy.

Originally posted by 753
BTW, you are a tad too agressive here aren't you? Maybe you should practice what you preach and exercise that boundless empathy of yours for all living creatures. Strawman.

Are you not capable of compotently reading what others say?

you make up what you think they said and adress those points ignoring what they actually said.

chomperx9
@ Creshosk how come you gotta log out every time after posting ?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>