The Final Fantasy Showdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
The protagonists of each Final Fantasy game with all their ultimate equipment, magic and with a single companion; a party member from their respective game... your choice, preferably the best suited though, meaning that you should pick the best for all, not just the one you'd prefer to see win.)

Here are the main participants:

Firion - Final Fantasy II
Luneth - Final Fantasy III (DS)
Cecil - Final Fantasy IV
Bartz - Final Fantasy V
Terra - Final Fantasy VI
Cloud - Final Fantasy VII
Squall - Final Fantasy VIII
Zidane - Final Fantasy IX
Tidus - Final Fantasy X
Vaan - Final Fantasy XII
Lightning - Final Fantasy XIII

Obviously there are a lot of games in this so if you've not played certain titles simply note it... and leave them out of the fight.

Edit: Just noticed that this is technically against the rules... Heaven knows why 1v1v1 etc aren't allowed though.

Sin_Volvagia
Terra wins via Esper form and spamming Ultima but Butz can win if he has all his classes mastered since he can reset the fight and have access to some cheap stuff.

wakkawakkawakka
I've never played the first Final Fantasy but how come WoL isn't in this.

But for the most part, Terra and Celes win: I just picked a random person from VI BTW.

Giving everyone their ultimate weapons and max magic is still weird to me.

TheAuraAngel
You can split them up into teams and it would be fair I think.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I've never played the first Final Fantasy but how come WoL isn't in this.

But for the most part, Terra and Celes win: I just picked a random person from VI BTW.

Giving everyone their ultimate weapons and max magic is still weird to me. As far as I'm aware the First doesn't have a named protagonist. There are 4 of them on par.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
You can split them up into teams and it would be fair I think. It's hard to know how to split them... Odd numbers vs even? stick out tongue

NemeBro
By demonstratable feats Cloud honestly wins this from what I can recall...

§P0oONY
If you read it's not just Cloud though... They each have a single party member for back up.

NemeBro
Thing is, due to Advent Children and the metric ton of other FFVII related crap, Cloud and company have alot more demonstratable feats and whatnot.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by NemeBro
Thing is, due to Advent Children and the metric ton of other FFVII related crap, Cloud and company have alot more demonstratable feats and whatnot.

So all we have to do is limit this to in-game feats only right?

Otherwise Cloud would be left with a multi-blade sword, a motorcycle, a ridiculous Omnislash upgrade, and a bane to human life as a partner. If FFVII wins its because of Vincent if you count all that fanservice crap.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So all we have to do is limit this to in-game feats only right?

Otherwise Cloud would be left with a multi-blade sword, a motorcycle, a ridiculous Omnislash upgrade, and a bane to human life as a partner. If FFVII wins its because of Vincent if you count all that fanservice crap. This.

We're not regarding Advent Children or any game that is not in the cannon series. It would be unfair to award Final Fantasy 7 characters the advantage simply because a lot of idiots overrate the game making Square and co milk it. (rightly so)

As far as FFVII Cloud is concerned, he's nothing special. Knights of the Round is the best he has got... and as far as companions are concerned none shine in my mind. In my minds eye the Materia system really holds them back.

MadMel
If we count the Cecil From the FFIV sequel, he might have a chance, given that he also has golbez to back him up.
Other wise it goes to either Terra or Butz, IMO.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Terra with Locke equipped with 2x Ultima weapon & sprint shoes can be very hard to defeat. With this setup Locke can do 8x attacks per turn with 9999 damage each, allowing him to solo almost any boss in FFVI. Not sure which other character in FF also has that potential with respect to their FF bosses.

Cecil with FuSoya can be a devastating team too.

Vaan with reverse abuse can be deadly but everyone has healing spells

Bartz is very flexible so he could have a chance too

NemeBro

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by NemeBro

Setzer took down an aircraft with a couple of cards and he's not even one of the more powerful protagonists in the game.

27ZATWJRB2A
2:18

Were FF6 and FF8 to have movies, FF7 (other than Vincent) wouldn't look so superior.

Heythere,Honey
Terra or Butz.

GrieverSquall
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Setzer took down an aircraft with a couple of cards and he's not even one of the more powerful protagonists in the game.

Were FF6 and FF8 to have movies, FF7 (other than Vincent) wouldn't look so superior.

This. no expression

Damn, I miss the FF threads. sad

AsbestosFlaygon
Terra, imo.

But Warrior of Light is probably stronger.

MadMel
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I think this would apply to any FF. erm

Heythere,Honey
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Terra, imo.

But Warrior of Light is probably stronger.
WoL isn't even a participant in this thread. uhuh

Kosmic King
I'd go with what everyone else is saying and say Terra and Bartz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.