Sonic Colors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
Figured someone would make this thread. Comes out for the Wii and DS later this year. It's like Sonic Unleashed without the Unleashed (werehog) and so far they still haven't thrown in any gimmicks are new characters. Besides the name this game seems pretty good. SONIC!! Had to do it. Any who; Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and Sonic Colors makes this seem like a good year for Sonic. But I've been wrong before (Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 2006, Sonic & the Black Knight, and Sonic Unleashed to name a few).

BloodRawEngine
I think the biggest piece of news for a lot of people is simply the fact that they've finally axed the 4Kids voice actors (at least for Sonic, Tails, and possibly Eggman. No word on anyone else yet). I discovered this a little late, actually, but anyway, Sonic is now voiced by Roger Craig Smith, who actually has a really good list of performances in video games (Ezio, Chris Redfield in RE5 and on, Sigfried in SC4), and the first couple of voice clips leaked onto the web were supposedley digitized to sound campier than what it'll actually be in the game.

Anyway, the game itself looks to be a bit more like Sonic Unleashed without the Werehog crap and with more streamlined level structure (although I maintain that alot of Unleashed's non-Werehog levels were prett nice, and the game's music was quinitissential Sonic quality, as in pretty damn good). I remember there being some sort of claim that they weren't going to try utilizing anything too gimmicky for this game to overplay from the norm. Graphically, it looks great too I'd say.

Scythe
Sonic 4 looks rad, I'm lookin' forward to that.

ESB -1138
I was excited to hear they ditched the 4kids voice actors. I wish they would go back to the Sonic Adventure cast but hey maybe this will be a better idea. And the whisps in the game seem like a nice addition. Not some stupid sword that slows down the game.

killermover
Must get it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.