Bryan Fury vs Kazuya Mishima

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

majid86
Bryan 6/10

CosmicComet
Devil mode allowed or not?

NemeBro
Uh.

This is actually a weird fight, I think that Bryan Fury would honestly do well against top-tiers like Kazuya were he to fight any, but unless he did in Tekken 6 he has yet to.

CosmicComet
Yeah Bryan's strong as hell. I think it was his Tekken 3 ending where he
pried off a tank's cannon and then threw it.

Demonic Phoenix
Paul's as strong as Bryan, and can knock him about, if we go by that trailer. srug

~ Tank shells don't phase Bryan in the slightest, and yeah, he ripped off the tank's cannon and threw it. He also has the advantage of limitless energy apparently.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Paul's as strong as Bryan, and can knock him about, if we go by that trailer. srug

~ Tank shells don't phase Bryan in the slightest, and yeah, he ripped off the tank's cannon and threw it. He also has the advantage of limitless energy apparently. Paul is one of the strongest fighters on the cast though.

StyleTime
Originally posted by NemeBro
Uh.

This is actually a weird fight, I think that Bryan Fury would honestly do well against top-tiers like Kazuya were he to fight any, but unless he did in Tekken 6 he has yet to.
Bryan gets what I like to call "The Zack Treatment."

Demonic Phoenix
Paul is one of the strongest fighters on the cast though.

In terms of brute strength, if we were to go by that trailer, I'd say he's possibly Bryan's equal.

In terms of overall skill and Tekken tier-standing, yeah, he is. But people like Kazuya & Jin are supposed to be above him, if not in their base forms, then at least in their Devil Forms.

NemeBro
He's equal to their base forms IMO.

CosmicComet
Didn't he already stalemate Kazuya once?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Didn't he already stalemate Kazuya once?

Yeah, they stalemated some time before T1.

However, in T1, Kazuya beat him. Paul was the only fighter in the tournament on an equal footing to Kazuya. Kazuya won the tournament, which means that those two obviously fought at some point, with Kazuya emerging victorious.
He was supposed to have a rematch with Kazuya in the semis of T2, but an accident prevented the match I think, and Kazuya won by default.

Fast forward to T3, where we have Paul likely beating Heihachi, as he reached Ogre and thrashed the fool. It's possible that Paul also beat Jin in T3, but I'm not entirely certain on that.
At that point, Heihachi was most likely stronger than Kazuya, but ever since T4, Kazuya is in complete control over his Devil, which IMO, makes him stronger than Heihachi & Paul.

He's equal to their base forms IMO.

My love for Paul makes me to agree with you.

crimson_2010
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, they stalemated some time before T1.

Fast forward to T3, where we have Paul likely beating Heihachi, as he reached Ogre and thrashed the fool. It's possible that Paul also beat Jin in T3, but I'm not entirely certain on that.
At that point, Heihachi was most likely stronger than Kazuya, but ever since T4, Kazuya is in complete control over his Devil, which IMO, makes him stronger than Heihachi & Paul.

My love for Paul makes me to agree with you.

Well Kazuya (devil power inclued) tied with Paul. Like you said, Kazuya beat everyone in tekken 1 even Heihachi.
Paul didn't beat Jin because the latter won the tournament by defeating True Ogre. Even though Paul beat Ogre, he left the tournament after Ogre transformation.
Heihachi has defeated Kazuya twice (tekken 2 and tekken4), kazuya can't beat heihachi in his base form, he need to morph into Devil to stomp him like a ragdoll.

Imo bryan has infinite stamina ( due to the fact he's a cyborg and dr boskonovitch implanted a perpetual generator inside him) but i think he's no match for Kazuya since the latter can rip jack-4 off like paper.
It would be cool to seee this fight actually..

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by crimson_2010
Well Kazuya (devil power inclued) tied with Paul. Like you said, Kazuya beat everyone in tekken 1 even Heihachi.
Paul didn't beat Jin because the latter won the tournament by defeating True Ogre. Even though Paul beat Ogre, he left the tournament after Ogre transformation.
Heihachi has defeated Kazuya twice (tekken 2 and tekken4), kazuya can't beat heihachi in his base form, he need to morph into Devil to stomp him like a ragdoll.

Imo bryan has infinite stamina ( due to the fact he's a cyborg and dr boskonovitch implanted a perpetual generator inside him) but i think he's no match for Kazuya since the latter can rip jack-4 off like paper.
It would be cool to seee this fight actually..

If you're talking about their pre-T1 fight, then I don't think Kazuya's Devil had anything to do with the fight. It was just a bout between their base forms. Both of them have come a long way since pre-T1.

The outcome of T3 was hazy. Paul reached Ogre and beat him, though yeah, he left before Ogre transformed. Since Paul was the first one to reach Ogre, and not Jin, it's completely possible that Jin lost to Paul during the actual tournament (just like Heihachi must have lost to Paul), and that since Paul was not around when Ogre transformed, Jin was allowed by Heihachi to fight True Ogre, i.e. Paul 'forfeited' the final match, and Jin took his place as he was the fighter ranked directly below Paul.

I don't know if I'm remembering this incorrectly, but I believe that Heihachi later declared Jin the winner, since he needed Jin's Devil Gene, thus Jin being the winner of T4 has no bearing on the actual outcome of T3. Of course, Jin did beat True Ogre, but Paul was the first one to reach Ogre, so meh.

Also, I still don't know if Kazuya lost to Heihachi in T4, or if Heihachi lost to Kazuya. I've seen some sites state that Kazuya won, while others state that Heihachi won. Either way, while using Devil's powers, Kazuya is stronger than Heihachi.

SamZED
Kazuya's beaten Heihachi without the use of the devil in T1. And lost to him in 2 during the whole good guy/bad guy struggle.
In T4 he did "lose" to Heihachi. Hachi told him that he'd lead him to Jin after the fight. So Kazuya "gave up" almost instantly because he didnt want to waste time fighting. As he later explained it "you saved me the time and trouble of looking for this place myself" before koing Heihachi with TK. He used him.

As for this fight, Bryan is strong, but I give it to Kazuya. He's a better fighter. And while ripping tanks to pieces is a great feat, its not something most of the top tiers couldnt do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.