Who can lift Thor's hammer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EvilTyrant
Who do you think can lift it? Pure power or worthy enough to lift it.

chomperx9
Thor

wannabe
Thor, Odin himself and anyone more powerful than the one, who forged the enchantment.

chomperx9
magneto

Omega Vision
Just from DC:
Wonder Woman
Big Barda
Batman
Superman
Captain Marvel

chomperx9
cyclops

dmills
How about we make a list and vote yea or nay?

Steve Rodgers
Silver Surfer
Hercules
Ironman
Spiderman
Batman
Superman
Nova Prime
Logan
Iron Fist

Yes or no on any of them.

majinbuu147
Steve Rodgers - yes
Silver Surfer - yes
Hercules - no
Ironman - no
Spiderman - no
Batman - no
Superman - yes
Nova Prime - unsure
Logan - no
Iron Fist - no

Gecko4lif
Nova and surfer couldnt do it

Dum Dum Dugan
What makes you worthy?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by majinbuu147
Steve Rodgers - yes
Silver Surfer - yes
Hercules - no
Ironman - no
Spiderman - no
Batman - no
Superman - yes
Nova Prime - unsure
Logan - no
Iron Fist - no
what about storm?

Colossus-Big C
Hercules
Storm
Zeus
BRB
Magneto
Clor
Bor
Thor
WBH
Trion Juggernaut
Abraxas
Balder
Fandral
SS
Black Panther
Spiderman

SamZED
Doubt Superman can lift it. He's more of a boyscout than warrior. Too much of a "nice guy" imo.

amnesia
Captain America
Wonder Woman
Dr Doom

cdtm
Lobo.

By lifting the severed arm that's holding it. stick out tongue

King Castle
aside from the most obvious ones like Wonder Woman and Big Barda, i always wanted The Thing to be able to lift it even though we know he cant.

he always had heart and a good guy may not be a warrior but i figured these two qualities over shadowed the warrior aspect at least enough to make him worthy.

Steve Rodgers - yes(under Circumstance enchantment)
Silver Surfer - yes
Hercules - maybe(under Circumstance Enchantment)
Ironman - no
Spiderman - no
Batman - no
Superman - no(under Circumstance Enchantment)
Nova Prime - no
Logan - no
Iron Fist - no

-Pr-
Originally posted by chomperx9
cyclops

God no.

Originally posted by SamZED
Doubt Superman can lift it. He's more of a boyscout than warrior. Too much of a "nice guy" imo.

He was enough of a warrior to be granted DC's Mjolnir.

SamZED
Originally posted by -Pr-

He was enough of a warrior to be granted DC's Mjolnir. DC has a Mjolnir-like weapon? What is it?

CosmicComet
Captain Marvel was the first to come to mind as a worthy candidate. Others can too but Marvel is most fitting a choice.

Colossus-Big C
DC has a Mjolnir-like weapon? What is it? Mjolnir, theres a DC Thor laughing out loud

AsbestosFlaygon
Diana would be an obvious choice.

In Marvel, Beta Ray Bill and Thor-Girl could probably lift it too.

Ghost Rider? Probably.

Skyfather and above can most definitely lift it.
Darkseid can, imo, even if he isn't worthy laughing out loud

Colossus-Big C
hercules has lifted it many times

amnesia
He was enough of a warrior to be granted DC's Mjolnir.

He couldn't lift Mjolnir in the cross-over though.

King Castle
superman isnt a warrior anyways not in the literal sense of the word.. fans might think he is b/c he fights but that doesnt make one a warrior and he really shouldnt be able to lift thor's hammer...

now barda, wonder woman and orion are different they are warriors through and through plus some what noble..

McNasty996
Didn't hulk lift it once through force?

Black bolt z
Thanos

Sr J-Bieb
Iron Fist would lift it through pure power... too bad he's already worthy.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The only people who've legitimately wielded Mjolnir, are Thor, Bill, Odin, and Dargo. Bor too I guess.

Originally posted by dmills
How about we make a list and vote yea or nay?

Steve Rodgers
Silver Surfer
Hercules
Ironman
Spiderman
Batman
Superman
Nova Prime
Logan
Iron Fist

Yes or no on any of them.

There's no person on that list who'd be worthy in Mjolnir's eyes in my opinion.

Some writer's think that just because your a noble warrior, that means you're capable. I blame it on DeFalco. He saw Bill lift it under Walter and thought that anyone good whose willing to sacrifice themselves can apparently do it.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The only people who've legitimately wielded Mjolnir, are Thor, Bill, Odin, and Dargo. Bor too I guess.

Some writer's think that just because your a noble warrior, that means you're capable. I blame it on DeFalco. He saw Bill lift it under Walter and thought that anyone good whose willing to sacrifice themselves can apparently do it. Your denying that surfer and cap aren't pure enough?

Sr J-Bieb
Cap, Zeus, Jerkules?

amnesia
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Jerkules?

Herc isn't a jerk.

Black bolt z
Bada can lift the hammer through pure strength!Horse roids FTW!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Cap, Zeus, Jerkules?

I haven't really seen anything from Zeus that would lead me to believe he'd be worthy. Athena would come closer in my opinion. Rogers does come pretty close in my book, at least among mortals, but simply being a noble strong willed warrior doesn't fit the specifications. Otherwise Balder, Sif, the Warrior's Three, and so on would be capable of doing it.

Lately, Hercules has come closer, but I don't he'd be found worthy.

What some people didn't understand -DeFalco- is that Bill went through a ridiculous amount of pain and was willing to sacrifice anything for a worthy cause. Which includes his own morality and that which he holds dear to him. For that Mjolnir found him worthy, which surprised Odin because he didn't think any mortal would reach this level.

Kurt Busiek understood this, which is why he had Thor tell Superman what he did. That under extreme situations, Mjolnir would let certain individuals wield it -such as Steve Rogers- but that's it.

Thor led his closest friends to their deaths in Ragnarok, including Sif etc. knowing they would die horribly because it was the necessary thing to do. It isn't very nice, doesn't fit with the codes of other heroes such as Superman, but it's not suppose to.

Worthiness is a very vague term however so it's open to interpretation.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Your denying that surfer and cap aren't pure enough?

What do you mean pure enough?

And Surfer definitely isn't lifting Mjolnir.

Black bolt z
What do you mean pure enough?

And Surfer definitely isn't lifting Mjolnir. Why not?

Sr J-Bieb
I haven't really seen anything from Zeus that would lead me to believe he'd be worthy. Athena would come closer in my opinion. Rogers does come pretty close in my book, at least among mortals, but simply being a noble strong willed warrior doesn't fit the specifications. Otherwise Balder, Sif, the Warrior's Three, and so on would be capable of doing it.

Lately, Hercules has come closer, but I don't he'd be found worthy.

What some people didn't understand -DeFalco- is that Bill went through a ridiculous amount of pain and was willing to sacrifice anything for a worthy cause. Which includes his own morality and that which he holds dear to him. For that Mjolnir found him worthy, which surprised Odin because he didn't think any mortal would reach this level.

Kurt Busiek understood this, which is why he had Thor tell Superman what he did. That under extreme situations, Mjolnir would let certain individuals wield it -such as Steve Rogers- but that's it.

Thor lead his closest friends, to their deaths in Ragnarok, including Sif etc. knowing they would die horribly because it was the necessary thing to do. It isn't very nice, doesn't fit with the codes of other heroes such as Superman, but it's not suppose to.

Worthiness is a very vague term, but that's what I understand from reading Thor. I'm talking about who has already lifted it.

chomperx9
God no.

huh confused

SamZED

Some writer's think that just because your a noble warrior, that means you're capable. I blame it on DeFalco. He saw Bill lift it under Walter and thought that anyone good whose willing to sacrifice themselves can apparently do it. But if being noble, being a warrior and willing to sarcifice oneself isnt enough then what else would it take to be worthy of it?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think being willing to sacrifice anything, even one's morality including what they hold dear matters as well. Other than that, I'm not too sure.

I'm talking about who has already lifted it.

Oh okay.

Hercules has never lifted the hammer as far as I know. I don't think Zeus has either. He caught the hammer for like a panel but it immediately flew away. It was described as momentarily halting the hammer's flight. I also think that scene had more to do with raw power than his character.

Roger's was able to lift it for a few moments when Thor was fighting Grogg. But that could fall under the statement Thor made to Superman. Of course, that crossover isn't cannon...

Also, there's a difference between lifting Mjolnir and being granted the full power of Thor from what I can understand.

amnesia
I could lift Thor's hammer.

(by hammer i mean penis)

Sr J-Bieb
Oh okay.

Hercules has never lifted the hammer as far as I know. I don't think Zeus has either. He caught the hammer for like a panel but it immediately flew away. I also think that scene had more to do with raw power than his character.

Roger's was able to lift it for a few moments when Thor was fighting against Grogg.

Also, there's a difference between lifting Mjolnir and being granted the full power of Thor from what I can understand. That Herc one was more of a question.
Zeus snatched that little nail pounder out of the air.

Yes. He was able to.

Lifting is the thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That Herc one was more of a question.
Zeus snatched that little nail pounder out of the air.

Yes. He was able to.

Lifting is the thread.

Okay. I don't think Hercules would be able to.

The Zeus scene was described as momentarily halting the hammer's return. Which is why I don't think he actually lifted it. He raised his hands, and stopped the hammer's flight. And like I said, it had more to do with raw power than character.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsZeus2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsZeus3.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Double Post.

Sr J-Bieb
Okay. I don't think Hercules would be able to.

The Zeus scene was described as momentarily halting the hammer's return. Which is why I don't think he actually lifted it. He raised his hands, and stopped the hammer's flight. And like I said, it had more to do with raw power than character. WHO KNOWS

Meh, he stopped it, and held it for a second.
Raw power is in this thread.

Also, Mephisto.

Rage.Of.Olympus
WHO KNOWS

Meh, he stopped it, and held it for a second.
Raw power is in this thread.

Also, Mephisto.

You asked a question. I gave my opinion.

If Mjolnir were placed on the ground, I doubt Zeus would be able to lift it up without using some magic or hocus pocus to f*ck with the enchantment.

Yea, Mephisto was to at least able to halt it's flight.

Surfer has been able to halt Mjolnir's flight. With his face.

Sr J-Bieb

If Mjolnir were placed on the ground, I doubt Zeus would be able to lift it up without using some magic or hocus pocus to f*ck with the enchantment.

Yea, Mephisto was to at least able to halt it's flight.

Surfer has been able to halt Mjolnir's flight. With his face. I expanded on it.

Right, raw power.

Mephisto grabbed it, turned it into cum, and then turned it back into hammer, and then gave it back.

Right, Surfer lifts the hammer also.

Colossus-Big C
hercules had the hammer for a couple of days when he switched places with thor, kid zeus manipulated energy to make it look like hercules was really thor

hercules is noble, he would sacrafice to save others. thor once found hercules in asgard fighting some giants that crossed the bridge from olympus to asgard

amnesia
cum

yum

Colossus-Big C

Surfer has been able to halt Mjolnir's flight. With his face. laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
I expanded on it.

Right, raw power.

Mephisto grabbed it, turned it into cum, and then turned it back into hammer, and then gave it back.

Right, Surfer lifts the hammer also.

Uhuh.

I guess. Still, is the point of this thread who's worthy enough to lift Mjolnir, or who could lift Mjolnir using any means? I mean if that's the case, depending on some showings, anyone with a crane or a robot could do it.

Some people -not only Thorbags mind you- argue it was an illusion. Don't know if that was ever mentioned however. I did find it weird however. At least based on how Thor has fared against Mephisto in the past and the whole point of that issue was Mephisto trying to demoralize Thor. He shouldn't have remade the hammer.

Really?

Edit: Read the OP. We can do both.

So I guess potentially anyone of a high enough level of power could do it but it would involve some machinations for those Skyfather level or below. I don't see Zeus literally overpowering the enchantment for one. If that were the case, he could have prevented Mjolnir from flying out of his hands.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
hercules had the hammer for a couple of days when he switched places with thor, kid zeus manipulated energy to make it look like hercules was really thor

hercules is noble, he would sacrafice to save others. thor once found hercules in asgard fighting some giants that crossed the bridge from olympus to asgard

I'm pretty sure that was his mace disguised as Mjolnir and not literally Mjolnir. I thought Malekith used a magical mirror.

Don't know what that proves.

Sr J-Bieb
Uhuh.

I guess. Still, is the point of this thread who's worthy enough to lift Mjolnir, or who could lift Mjolnir using any means? I mean if that's the case, depending on some showings, anyone with a crane or a robot could do it.

Some people -not only Thorbags mind you- argue it was an illusion. Don't know if that was ever mentioned however. I did find it weird however. At least based on how Thor has fared against Mephisto in the past and the whole point of that issue was Mephisto trying to demoralize Thor. He shouldn't have remade the hammer.

Really? Worthy, or powerful enough to lift it. Not crafty enough to lift it.

Thorfags.

Yes, that's what you were going for, wasn't it?

galactusischere
Originally posted by amnesia
I could lift Thor's hammer.

(by hammer i mean penis)

What the f**k? Why would you want to lift Thor's penis?

amnesia
Originally posted by galactusischere
What the f**k? Why would you want to lift Thor's penis?

It's big, that's why.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Weird. It's like reading my own diary.

Worthy, or powerful enough to lift it. Not crafty enough to lift it.

Thorfags.

Yes, that's what you were going for, wasn't it?

mhmm

I thought it was either Thorbags or Superfags. Those sneaky bastards.

I was.

Sr J-Bieb
mhmm

I thought it was either Thorbags or Superfags. Those sneaky bastards.

I was. Both are scum of Midgard.

Nice. Surfer lifts Mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Both are scum of Midgard.

Nice. Surfer lifts Mjolnir.

I have some Asgardian blood in me. At least, I've had Asgardian in me.

Surfer > Thor.

Sr J-Bieb
I have some Asgardian blood in me. At least, I've had Asgardian in me.

Surfer > Thor. A big hammer fired a Godblast in you too? BBZ and you should hang out.

More arrows are required.

amnesia
A big hammer fired a Godblast in you too? BBZ and you should hang out.

surfer doesn't have a penis smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
A big hammer fired a Godblast in you too? BBZ and you should hang out.

BBZ is in our club? Cool.

Bullets will do.

Sr J-Bieb
Thor doesn't have depth.

Silent Master
Wonder Woman-Yes
Big Barda-No
Captain Marvel-No
Steve Rogers-Yes
Silver Surfer-No
Hercules-No
Ironman-No
Spiderman-No
Batman-No
Superman-No
Nova Prime-No
Logan-No
Iron Fist-No

Colossus-Big C
Would the living tribunal be able too with out over powering or out muscling the enchant ment

amnesia
Thor doesn't have depth.

What? Thor is one of the few well written characters in marvel right now.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor doesn't have depth.

I do. Thanks to him.

Black bolt z
BBZ is in our club? Cool.

Bullets will do. clap

EvilTyrant
Wonder if Wolverine can lift the hammer? He seems to have all the qualities listed to do it. So does Spider-Man.

Silent Master
Doubtful

beast1234

Thor is has nice has superman. The hammer also measure nobility.

basilisk
Jesus, maybe.

zopzop

I think the fact that he halted it's flight and was able to hold it for a second means that the writers were trying to say : Zeus is <= Odin in power.

What issue was this? Cause every time I've seen those two go at it, Thor made Mephisto his b--ch. Was Mephisto amped?

big grin

Black bolt z
Cap and surfer are definitly noble enough.

Dum Dum Dugan
Storm lifted and wielded it twice before I believe.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by zopzop
<=

what does that mean

Black bolt z
what does that mean big grin

Omega Vision
what does that mean
It's a magic rune letter from a Proto-Norse language. He just hexed you.

zopzop
what does that mean

LOL it means Zeus is less than/equal to Odin (and IMHO why he couldn't fully overcome the enchantment, only someone more powerful than Odin can accomplish that).

And ps, what issue did Mephisto halt Mjolnir?

Sr J-Bieb
And ps, what issue did Mephisto halt Mjolnir? This one:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2517/mephistothor1qx0.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4678/mephistothor2so2.jpg

beast1234
A year ago i said Orion, Wonder Woman and Mr Majestic are capble of lifting the hammer i also said it has to be someone with a warrior nature and has honor. im not saying that superman has no fighting spirit(he has near infinite will power) it just that superman dose not have that warrior instinct/nature but he can still be nasty mother****er when it come to doing the right thing. I remember when OneDumbG0 responed by saying that''I agree with the warrior heart and honor idea. But I think Mr. Majestic is too aloof and detached from basic humanity for him to pick up Mjolnir. Wonderwoman was starting to become aloof in Infinite Crisis, but while she switched, she did kill Maxwell Lord. So I think she wouldn't be worthy either. As for Orion... he seems a bit too contemptuous generally of his foes and non-New Gods. I'd pick Superman over those three to be the closest to picking it up, but considering how self-sacrificing, noble and full of heart Ben Grimm is... I don't know''.

zopzop
This one:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2517/mephistothor1qx0.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4678/mephistothor2so2.jpg

Thanks! But it looks like an illusion to me. Why destroy, then recreate it, then hurl it back to Thor? Look how he "summons" Odin to talk to Thor.

If, and that's a big IF, that's not an illusion, Mephisto is no joke.

Q99
I don't think that'd disqualify her, though maybe. It was a decision to save a friend taken at harsh personal cost.

Thor has probably had to make tough choices in the past.

( the 'aloof' thing was pretty much an informed attributed anyway, in her book or JLA she didn't seem to act any different)

King Castle
WW killing maxwell lord wouldnt disqualify her she is a warrior and killing is part of the job description. Thor has killed mortals in past to protect villages or b/c he was mad at the warriors and failure to live up to a noble warrior code.

Omega Vision
Honestly the Maxwell Lord incident would probably be a gray area in the Odin's eye. It wouldn't hurt or help Diana's chances any, which considering her character history and traits are pretty damn good.

King Castle
look how many planets BRB had to destroy b4 he was unworthy to lift storm breaker

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wonder Woman killing Max doesn't decrease her chances of being worthy. Thor would have snapped Max's neck without hesitation if he knew he had no choice.

I think the fact that he halted it's flight and was able to hold it for a second means that the writers were trying to say : Zeus is <= Odin in power.

What issue was this? Cause every time I've seen those two go at it, Thor made Mephisto his b--ch. Was Mephisto amped?

big grin

I don't think that scene proves his equal to Odin. He simply stopped it in it's flight and then halted it's return for a moment like Thor described it.

I know Thor made Mephisto his b*tch at least once. I think he did extremely well a second time as well. He encountered Mephisto a third time and halted his plans when he defeated Darkoth.

Thanks! But it looks like an illusion to me. Why destroy, then recreate it, then hurl it back to Thor? Look how he "summons" Odin to talk to Thor.

If, and that's a big IF, that's not an illusion, Mephisto is no joke.

Yea, I've seen people argue it was an illusion. Just doesn't make sense based on all of Mephisto's interaction's with Thor/Odin that I've seen. I doubt even Odin could so easily destroy and recreate Mjolnir.

Colossus-Big C
mephisto is abstract level in his realm, he controls every aspect in i

Rage.Of.Olympus
Abstract level? Lol, no.

Thor's done very well against Hell Lords whether it's Hela, Mephisto or Pluto.

OneDumbG0
^ Abstract level. He's fought Galactus evenly. He's made classic Strange look like a bug. He's just that powerful.

And other than Mjolnir-bearers like BRB and Masterson, nobody else but Cap lifts it.

Colossus-Big C
Abstract level? Lol, no.

Thor's done very well against Hell Lords whether it's Hela, Mephisto or Pluto. thor can win against any character if the plot needs him too

seth, and pluto all have skyfather level feats but lose to thor
hela doesnt have high end feats though

amnesia
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Abstract level. He's fought Galactus evenly. He's made classic Strange look like a bug. He's just that powerful.

And other than Mjolnir-bearers like BRB and Masterson, nobody else but Cap lifts it.

Yet he had to run away from Atum smile

OneDumbG0
^ Correction: He got eaten by Atum. uhuh

... Mephisto jobbed. ahah

amnesia
He and hella ran like bitches.

Track runners can outrun Mephisto in his own realm.

Colossus-Big C
Yet he had to run away from Atum smile what does that mean?
atum eats magical beings, mephisto is no exception

OneDumbG0
He and hella ran like bitches.

Track runners can outrun Mephisto in his own realm. IIRC, Ereshkigal ran with Hela. Mephisto got eaten.

amnesia
No. You got it wrong, they didn't get away, but they still ran.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Impressive, but from what I've seen, I would place Mephisto below Odin in power or around his level at best. And yes, that's taking into account his fight with Galactus. Matching Galactus for a few pages isn't anything Odin can't -couldn't- accomplish. At least, that's what I recall happening.

In his Thor appearances, I'd say he ranges from Thor level to near or around Odin level - or at least so he claims. IRCC, he said in his realm amongst the flames, his power rivals Odin. On the other hand, I'm preetttyyyy sure Mephisto has admitted his inferiority to Odin.

What issue did the Strange battle happen out of curiosity? Was Strange without using any artifacts?

I don't think Masterson was worthy of Mjolnir. At least not in the same sense as Bill was. He could only wield it due to his connection to Thor as I recall.

Colossus-Big C
the living tribunal stops by mephisto's realm from time to time

Rage.Of.Olympus
thor can win against any character if the plot needs him too

seth, and pluto all have skyfather level feats but lose to thor
hela doesnt have high end feats though

Thor > Your favorite hero

IRCC she had a nice little scene that implies she could replicate what Mephisto did with Spider-Man.

From what I've seen of their interactions, Mephisto and Hela seem to treat each other as peers. At least in status if not power. A war between the two and their forces would have caused Omniversal Armageddon or something similar.

Omega Vision
Thor > Your favorite hero

IRCC she had a nice little scene that implies she could replicate what Mephisto did with Spider-Man.

From what I've seen of their interactions, Mephisto and Hela seem to treat each other as peers. At least in status if not power. A war between the two and their forces would have caused Omniversal Armageddon or something similar.
Yeah IIRC when Mephisto and Hela were going to war their forces were so even that just one soul (Thor's) added to Hela's army would have tipped the scales in her favor and allowed her to defeat Mephisto.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, it is Thor's soul. It's pretty powerful. I like this scene personally:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/DefeatsMephisto9.jpg

Hela, and Mephisto really seem to want Thor's soul something fierce. Seriously, she was willing to annihilate her everything -including her realm- if it meant stopping Mephisto from getting Thor's soul.

Omega Vision
Well, it is Thor's soul. It's pretty powerful. I like this scene personally:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/DefeatsMephisto9.jpg

Hela, and Mephisto really seem to want Thor's soul something fierce though.
Wait so a noble, pure soul pwns Mephisto? Shit he's lucky he doesn't share the same Universe as Superman.

But then the same could be said of all Marvel villains.

amnesia
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Wait so a noble, pure soul pwns Mephisto? Shit he's lucky he doesn't share the same Universe as Superman.

Are you implying that marvel villains are sillier than DC villains?

Rage.Of.Olympus

In that issue, he couldn't even lay a hand on Thor.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/DefeatsMephisto1.jpg

I'm not sure there is any other instance of such a thing happening. At least, not to this degree. So you could write it off as a one time occurrence or Thor's soul being above those of mortals. Dr. Strange can attest to that:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Thorimmortality8.jpg

So can Warlock.

Spire

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_silversurfer03p49.jpg

OneDumbG0
Impressive, but from what I've seen, I would place Mephisto below Odin in power or around his level at best. And yes, that's taking into account his fight with Galactus. Matching Galactus for a few pages isn't anything Odin can't -couldn't- accomplish. At least, that's what I recall happening.

In his Thor appearances, I'd say he ranges from Thor level to near or around Odin level - or at least so he claims. IRCC, he said in his realm amongst the flames, his power rivals Odin. On the other hand, I'm preetttyyyy sure Mephisto has admitted his inferiority to Odin. Objection: Bullsh1t. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What issue did the Strange battle happen out of curiosity? Was Strange without using any artifacts?

I don't think Masterson was worthy of Mjolnir. At least not in the same sense as Bill was. He could only wield it due to his connection to Thor as I recall. Dr. Strange with a week of prep and Dr. Doom at his side. The ole pure noble soul trick was used in the end.

Objection: Bullsh1t. You don't question the noble-worthy worthwhile-nobility of the worthy and noble Eric "worthy-and-noble-are-the-names-of-my-left-and-right-fists" Masterson.

amnesia
Objection: Bullsh1t. Dr. Strange with a week of prep and Dr. Doom at his side. The ole pure noble soul trick was used in the end.

Objection: Bullsh1t. You don't question the noble-worthy worthwhile-nobility of the worthy and noble Eric "worthy-and-noble-are-the-names-of-my-left-and-right-fists" Masterson.

Valid point.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Objection: Bullsh1t.

reading

Dr. Strange with a week of prep and Dr. Doom at his side. The ole pure noble soul trick was used in the end.

mhmm

I did not know that worked on Mephisto more than once. Now I find out it's been done 3 times; I knew Surfer used some bullshit to defeat Mephisto but I wasn't sure if it was the pure soul tactic. I guess it's a viable option to use against Mephisto.

Issue number? I'm curious.

Unworthy Eric is unworthy.

http://thumbnails33.imagebam.com/9555/bec07095541829.jpg

vin

Omega Vision
Rage with a Metron Avvy?

wacko

Does not compute.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A sig too. big grin

I like the New Gods. Shocker!

amnesia
Rage with a Metron Avvy?

wacko

Does not compute.

Why? He isn't exactly marvel biased.

OneDumbG0
reading

mhmm

I did not know that worked on Mephisto more than once. Now I find out it's been done 3 times; I knew Surfer used some bullshit to defeat Mephisto but I wasn't sure if it was the pure soul tactic. I guess it's a viable option to use against Mephisto.

Issue number? I'm curious. Graphic novel: Dr. Strange/Dr. Doom: Triumph and Torment. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Unworthy Eric is unworthy.

http://thumbnails33.imagebam.com/9555/bec07095541829.jpg

vin That was before the worthy and noble Eric Masterson became both noble and worthy. uhuh

marwash22
Originally posted by EvilTyrant
Who do you think can lift it? Rage shifty

Rage.Of.Olympus
Graphic novel: Dr. Strange/Dr. Doom: Triumph and Torment.

Thanks.

That was before the worthy and noble Eric Masterson became both noble and worthy. uhuh

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/pop.gif

Spire

Clint Eastwood
Sean Connery
Tychus Findlay
Martin Short
Mako
Kevin Kline
Ramza Beoulve
Elvis
Raul Julia
Man in the Yellow Hat
John Cleese
Danny DeVito
Chevy Chase

amnesia
Elvis? Ha.

Colossus-Big C
can someone lift the ground its sitting on?

Spire
Can someone use King Uther's hand to pull free the sword?

Seriously.

I never got an answer to that one.

Sr J-Bieb
can someone lift the ground its sitting on? Yes. Also, if you put a glove or a bag on, you can lift the hammer.

Rage.Of.Olympus
can someone lift the ground its sitting on?

You mean like scooping up the Earth it's under and lifting it up that way? I'd say no. Not a being with some form of soul etc.

The Olympian God Hephaestus was able to move Mjolnir and the piece of Earth it was under off panel by using a series of complicated levers and pulleys.

Omega Vision
You mean like scooping up the Earth it's under and lifting it up that way? I'd say no. Not a being with some form of soul etc.

The Olympian God Hephaestus was able to move Mjolnir and the piece of Earth it was under off panel by using a series of complicated levers and pulleys.
What about moving the entire Earth? If you're not worthy would Mjolnir act like an anchor or something? In that case I think Marvel Earth is safe from Superboy-Prime moving it. ermmha

zopzop
Wait, didn't the Elder Goddess Gaea lift the hammer once? I remember reading something like that in her old 85/89 bio.

If she can then for sure Set, Chthon and Oshtur can.

Omega Vision
Wait, didn't the Elder Goddess Gaea lift the hammer once? I remember reading something like that in her old 85/89 bio.

She's more powerful than Odin so of course she could override the enchantment.

King Castle
also Gaea is the mother of us all and she isnt exactly evil so i would say she may be worthy to an extend.

Rage.Of.Olympus
She's more powerful than Odin? Why?

I don't remember her ever doing so personally.

King Castle
she gave birth to the titans and various other pantheons..

odin had sex with her to birth a powerful god above the average asgardian : Thor.

we know she is very powerful and is suppose to be above guys like odin she just lacks the feats to match her hyperbole and power placement in marvel

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by King Castle
she gave birth to the titans and various other pantheons..

odin had sex with her to birth a powerful god above the average asgardian : Thor.

we know she is very powerful and is suppose to be above guys like odin she just lacks the feats to match her hyperbole and power placement in marvel

I don't see how that proves, like, anything. And what various other pantheons? She gave birth to Cronus and his lot, but that's it as far as I know.

And? He wanted a son with powers beyond that of Asgard. Gaea is a superior birth mother to any Asgardian female and most other females. He'd have to mate with Aegis or something to have a chance to produce a better off spring.

Where does it say that?

zopzop

Check out Mystic Arcana and Marvel Tarot, she's given her proper place in the Hierarchy of power. She has her own pocket dimension, Avalon, and one of the cornerstones of Creation, the Black Rose, was created by her.

zopzop
Gaea did lift the hammer, but telekinetically :
http://marvel.wikia.com/Gaea_(Earth-616)

Colossus-Big C
gaea gave birth to the demogorge she has to be really powerful, she just doesnt engage in battle

also according to the mythology ohotmu
gaea was the cow that created buri who is bors father

zopzop
gaea gave birth to the demogorge she has to be really powerful, she just doesnt engage in battle

also according to the mythology ohotmu
gaea was the cow that created buri who is bors father

I think the Demiurge was the real power behind Demogorge. But yeah, she's an Elder God, she's gonna be pretty bad ass.

Colossus-Big C
why wouldnt zeus be able to lift it? he is noble in eternities eyes
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27967/681021-gods_and_abstracts.jpg

cdtm

Probably Samaritan.

He doesn't simply use his powers for good, he calculates up to the second how he'll divide every waking moment doing to most good he can..

roughrider
Originally posted by McNasty996
Didn't hulk lift it once through force?

Nope. Hammer can't be lifted by force; it measures the inner worthiness of the person doing the lifting.
Doesn't mean pure goodness. The person must have a warrior spirit to them.

King Castle
a never give up never surrender attitude to me is a warrior spirit.

so if hulk's determination was counted as a warrior spirit it would be canceled by the bad things he constantly done. the hulk personal is his outward manifestation of lack of worth: pure rage no self control would be a sure sign that he would never be worthy..

anyways,.....

Eric masterson may not have bn worthy at 1st to lift it on his own but, later in his appearance he proved his worth in front of Odin granting him his own power aside from Mjonlir..

so Eric proved he was worthy to Odin by not wanting Mjonlir and its power after he had won the battle with thor.

also Galactus's Punisher can lift it.

OneDumbG0
^ I believe that Eric Masterson lifted it right when Mongoose nearly killed him.

And on Galactus' Punisher, basically any robot or machine can lift it.

King Castle
yes he did kinda sort of...

Thor Commanded Mjonlir to respond to his thoughts..

Eric assumed he did it on his own... he did not he wasnt worthy.

later he merged with Thor granting him the ability to raise the hammer..

Eric on his own was never truly worthy until he fought Thor overcame enchantress love spell and refuse to claim the hammer as his prize..

Odin right their and then recognized him as truly being worthy and gave him his own weapon thunderstrike.

OneDumbG0
^ Thor wanted it to come to his hand after Eric already took hold of it. Mjolnir didn't go to Thor's hand. And it wasn't in the process of going to Thor's hands at all IIRC. Eric actually lifted it over his head to swing it. If it were travelling towards Thor, it would have just flew from Eric's grasp.

Eric was already worthy on his own before he broke from Enchantress' spell. The proof is that fight itself. Thor and Eric are already separated. Eric starts attacking Thor and Sif. Eric's still holding it and wrestling Thor.

King Castle
actually when he separated from thor eric was unable to lift the hammer. thor had to consciously grant eric his power as thor by telling eric to grip the hammer along with thor.. thor then commanded the transformation making eric worthy to lift Mjolner and become thor.

again Eric needed thor and outside circumstance to make him worthy.
Odin even questioned thor's action of allowing eric to maintain the thor personal.

Odin didnt agree with Thor's actions... he didnt feel eric was worthy and it was too dangerous to have him running around on his own...iirc.

in the thunderstrike Series Eric acknowledged that he did not lift Mojnlir when he was nearly killed by mongoose. eric just happen to go along for the ride and was immediately stopped by mongoose blast.

slimkid
dont know about that but my tekken 6 record for now is 25 wins and 20 loss considering the fact i just began playing and i fought people with records of 1000 and something wins its preety decent for start i am a 1 dan and i defeated brawlers and juggernauts i am doing well

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by slimkid
dont know about that but my tekken 6 record for now is 25 wins and 20 loss considering the fact i just began playing and i fought people with records of 1000 and something wins its preety decent for start i am a 1 dan and i defeated brawlers and juggernauts i am doing well cool story, bro

slimkid
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
cool story, bro

thanks man i just hate lili and alisa players they are worse than eddy and christie specially lili with her freakin legs but i will learn to overcome her shit

OneDumbG0
actually when he separated from thor eric was unable to lift the hammer. thor had to consciously grant eric his power as thor by telling eric to grip the hammer along with thor.. thor then commanded the transformation making eric worthy to lift Mjolner and become thor.What are you talking about? Thor cannot make other people worthy of Mjolnir. That's Odin's enchantment, not Thor's. Thor himself has to maintain his own worthiness. Originally posted by King Castle
again Eric needed thor and outside circumstance to make him worthy.
Odin even questioned thor's action of allowing eric to maintain the thor personal.Objection: bullsh1t. Eric was worthy on his own. Proven when he threw himself in the line of Mongoose's fire to defend Thor. Odin only warned Thor of the brash nature of his actions. Originally posted by King Castle
Odin didnt agree with Thor's actions... he didnt feel eric was worthy and it was too dangerous to have him running around on his own...iirc.

in the thunderstrike Series Eric acknowledged that he did not lift Mojnlir when he was nearly killed by mongoose. eric just happen to go along for the ride and was immediately stopped by mongoose blast. He didn't agree, but it had nothing to do with Eric's worthiness or unworthiness. Mjolnir was always meant for Thor. It's why he gave BRB, Stormbreaker, and why he gave Eric, Thunderstrike.

Scan?

Black bolt z
Anyone with a beard.

King Castle
has anyone mention He-man?

anyways:

Wonderwoman
Captain Marvel
obvious past and future wielders.

some one should make some fan art of these guys in a thorish look.. Wonderwoman becomes a transvestite amalgam with beard.. smokin'

BobbyD
Originally posted by cdtm
Lobo.

By lifting the severed arm that's holding it. stick out tongue

Clever!

zopzop
I"m gonna go ahead and say Dormammu can lift it. I was searching for something totally not related to this subject but I stumbled across some interesting info.

It seems during one of their encounters, Dormammu forced Thor back into his "Donald Blake" persona even while he was holding Mjolnir. If he can break one enchantment, he can't break any of them.

Black bolt z
I"m gonna go ahead and say Dormammu can lift it. I was searching for something totally not related to this subject but I stumbled across some interesting info.

It seems during one of their encounters, Dormammu forced Thor back into his "Donald Blake" persona even while he was holding Mjolnir. If he can break one enchantment, he can't break any of them. He has the evil eye at the time.That was an amp and thus the feat is not allowed to his regular character

colossulrage
colossus can

Colossus-Big C
dormammu can by ignoring the enchantment

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by colossulrage
colossus can Colossus has!
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/23721/584533-colossus_sketch_by_pierread_super.jpg

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>