Favorite Mafia Comedy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quiero Mota
What's yours?

K.Diddy
erm The only one of them movies I have seen is ''Micky blue eyes'' which from memory sucked balls

Kaibs
How are you not going to list "Mafia!" as one of the choices. I loved that movie.

SnakeEyes
Not a big fan of this subgenre...

Kaibs
Out of his actual choices, I liked the Analyze movies, and The Whole ____ Yards.

Rogue Jedi
The one with Stallone.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Not a big fan of this subgenre...

erm Me neither

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Kaibs
How are you not going to list "Mafia!" as one of the choices. I loved that movie.

I did; that and Jane Austen's Mafia! are the same movie. "Mafia!" is just shorthand. Like referring The Empire Strikes Back as just "Empire".

Kaibs
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I did; that and Jane Austen's Mafia! are the same movie. "Mafia!" is just shorthand. Like referring The Empire Strikes Back as just "Empire".

Oops sorry mate, I didn't see that. You totally did include it.

Rogue Jedi
ekD9oKkalTI

dadudemon
Honestly, I thought The Godfather films had some excellent humor. Same with Goodfellas.

It doesn't have to be an outright comedy to have excellent comedy, imo.

For instance, I was lmao when Pesci kept shooting his gun at that kid...or pretty much any other moment Pesci got PO'd in the movie.

Robtard
Off that list and from the ones I've seen. Analyze This.

MildPossession
Going by the sub genre... Some Like It Hot out of that list. The others are nothing special for me. If you count In Bruges, that's one for me, black comedy.

Impediment
Mafia! is so bad it's good.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by dadudemon
Honestly, I thought The Godfather films had some excellent humor. Same with Goodfellas.

It doesn't have to be an outright comedy to have excellent comedy, imo.

For instance, I was lmao when Pesci kept shooting his gun at that kid...or pretty much any other moment Pesci got PO'd in the movie.

Every movie, even horror flicks, has at least one funny scene or character. But that doesn't make it a comedy. For the purposes of this thread I'm talking about mafia movies that are straight-up comedies, which would exclude Godfather and Goodfellas.

If you liked The Godfather, then you'll like The Freshman. In it, Marlon Brando plays a mob-boss that parodies Vito Corleone and makes fun of all stereotypical movie mobsters.

Robtard
Johnny Dangerously (1984) is a good one that fits here.

Impediment
Originally posted by Robtard
Johnny Dangerously (1984) is a good one that fits here.

You shouldn't talk about my wife's ass, Rob. My boss talked about my wife's ass once.

ONCE.

BruceSkywalker
going by the list.. Analyze This

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
You shouldn't talk about my wife's ass, Rob. My boss talked about my wife's ass once.

ONCE.

Tell you wife my penis is like an 'an eighty-eight Magnum.'

Speaking of, where's the booty, son!

Kaibs
Originally posted by Impediment
Mafia! is so bad it's good.

Cosign

Rogue Jedi
Johnny Dangerously (1984) is a good one that fits here. Oh hell yes. Forgot that one.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by MildPossession
In Bruges, that's one for me, black comedy.

smokin' I too thought ''In Bruges'' was good,very underrated movie

dadudemon
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Every movie, even horror flicks, has at least one funny scene or character. But that doesn't make it a comedy. For the purposes of this thread I'm talking about mafia movies that are straight-up comedies, which would exclude Godfather and Goodfellas.

If you liked The Godfather, then you'll like The Freshman. In it, Marlon Brando plays a mob-boss that parodies Vito Corleone and makes fun of all stereotypical movie mobsters.

For me, movie parodies aren't very funny.

And, in my post, I refer to serveral comedic moments/scenes. One scene doesn't make a movie funny to me.

BTW, people crying over the loss of a loved one is hilarious to me (in movies), cause it's so weird and usually the crying is just off.

0mega Spawn
Corky Romano

Robtard

BTW, people crying over the loss of a loved one is hilarious to me (in movies), cause it's so weird and usually the crying is just off.

Brad Pitt crying at the end of Seven was LoLz.

Rogue Jedi
Pitt is a good actor, but he SUCKS at crying. Remember him crying in Legends of the Fall when he visited Samuel's grave?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Pitt is a good actor, but he SUCKS at crying. Remember him crying in Legends of the Fall when he visited Samuel's grave?

There's quite a few actors that are especially shit at crying. Sally Field comes to mind, terrible crier.

Yea, I do, another cry-fail. He should just avoid rolls that have him crying.

Rogue Jedi
There's quite a few actors that are especially shit at crying. Sally Field comes to mind, terrible crier.

Yea, I do, another cry-fail. He should just avoid rolls that have him crying. Best cry scene in recent history is in Legion, when Michael is pleading with Gabriel, and you can see a single tear flow down Gabe's cheek.

Quiero Mota

I know. For some reason, crying in movies is just never believable. Even when seasoned actors do it, its just corny as hell. When Robert Deniro's character cried for Pesci after he died in Goodfellas, I was just thinking "Shut the **** up, puto".

The best movie cry I can think of was Tom Hanks' retard-cry to Jenny's grave at the end of Forest Gump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.