Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter happening, says MK producer.

http://www.thetanooki.com/2010/08/20/mortal-kombat-vs-street-fighter-happening-says-mk-producer/

fcuk it. do it.

KCJ506
I'm not sure how this would work. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat play entirely different from each other, and short of making it a Vs style game with a lot of juggling I don't know how they could match them up.

I don't think Capcom would be too keen on Sub-Zero ripping out Ryu's spine or Chun Li's head.

Juk3n
suckfest.

JacopeX
MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Zack Fair
Originally posted by KCJ506
I'm not sure how this would work. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat play entirely different from each other, and short of making it a Vs style game with a lot of juggling I don't know how they could match them up.

I don't think Capcom would be too keen on Sub-Zero ripping out Ryu's spine or Chun Li's head.

Tekken is much more different than MK and that didn't stop them from doing a crossover.

Truth be told this IS the crossover I've always wanted. Ever since I was in elementary school and both franchises were new.

I'd love if it happened, in fact even more so than Tekken, but as of right now I rather they focus on the games they have already announced.

It would be out of character for Ryu to be breaking people's jaws/heads with his Shoryukens but it would be so damned cool.

JacopeX
I agree.

That game was so pointless concept wise though...Everyone knows SF destroys Tekken. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zack Fair
2TXPFgRsVUE

I had to do it. w00t

FistOfThe North
...ok now that was dope

JacopeX
^ That reminds me!

Which graphical elements would be most suitable for this game? 2D or 3D?

I believe a 3D SF vs. MK would be most likely to happen. The elements of MK9 vs elements of SFIV.

But 2D would work out much better. stick out tongue

Zack Fair
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
...ok now that was dope

I know!

I've seen that thing since it was first released and no matter how many times I watch it I always end up drooling on the keyboard.

Originally posted by JacopeX
^ That reminds me!

Which graphical elements would be most suitable for this game? 2D or 3D?

I believe a 3D SF vs. MK would be most likely to happen. The elements of MK9 vs elements of SFIV.

But 2D would work out much better. stick out tongue

Classic 2D in the fashion of that video would be too awesome for its oldschoolness, but I think it will be a mix between the new MK and SF4's style. Both engines are pretty much the same thing.

JacopeX
My point.

XYP0BCokPzg

This game has to be 2D.

Zack Fair
YOU SHALL BE THE EMPEROR'S SEX SLAVE!!!!!!

KCJ506
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Tekken is much more different than MK and that didn't stop them from doing a crossover.

Truth be told this IS the crossover I've always wanted. Ever since I was in elementary school and both franchises were new.

I'd love if it happened, in fact even more so than Tekken, but as of right now I rather they focus on the games they have already announced.

It would be out of character for Ryu to be breaking people's jaws/heads with his Shoryukens but it would be so damned cool.

But still performing fatalities on or with SF characters just wouldn't seem right. Even if the gore factor was turned down(which was one of the main complaints about MKvsDC).

Ridley_Prime
mmm

Bro SMASH
This was stated a long time ago. The MK producer said that it's inevitable and that it could happen depending the success of Street Fighter X Tekken.

All I gotta say is: MAKE IT HAPPEN ANYWAY!!!

Also, my problem is this; why do people worry about the blood and gore so much instead of just wanting to see their favorite characters go at it? That's ALWAYS been my problem with some of these people. I want to see my favorite characters from both series fighting each other. That's really the whole point of a dream match.

When it comes to stuff like that, blood and gore is really not that big of a concern. They could obviously keep the blood but the gore can go, if you ask me. I just want to see MK characters fighting SF characters and that's what I think other people should be more conerned about.

Ridley_Prime
It should be that big a concern because the blood, gore, and awesome fatalities is what makes Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat. no expression Take it away or tone it down, and you get a lot of pissed fans like what happened with MKvsDC.

Bro SMASH
But this is different. This should be a game where you get play out your dream matches or dream teams or something. The whole point is seeing your favorite Mortal Kombat characters go against your favorite Street Fighter characters. The gore shouldn't be the main concern in this case.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
But this is different. This should be a game where you get play out your dream matches or dream teams or something. The whole point is seeing your favorite Mortal Kombat characters go against your favorite Street Fighter characters. The gore shouldn't be the main concern in this case.

If the game does go T rated, you don't want to be in here while I'm ranting about how pissed off I am that an M rated franchise got toned down (again).

Bro SMASH
Then you admit to be a blood and gore fan and not really a Mortal Kombat fan?

Nemesis X
Then you admit to be a blood and gore fan and not really a Mortal Kombat fan?

Bro SMASH
And here again:

Swormara III
Originally posted by JacopeX
My point.

XYP0BCokPzg

This game has to be 2D.
Even before I found out this song was the Hall of Fame in Tekken DR I've always liked it. By the way I have been wondering, when I heard the song in the PSP Tekken credits, where I've heard the song before then. I just realized now and it was in this very custom made Chameleon VS Akuma video that I've seen years ago on youtube...that or it could have been another video, but this is most likely the one.

Without the beheading, the blood, the gore and so forth MK is still not exactly what it is. From what i remember MK is, half the moves are nullified without the amputations and so forth, so it's not just a matter of blood not appearing on the screen. mk2 didn't have that on the snes from what i rembmer, but it still had beheadings, people blowing up, people being incinerated into skeletons. Without that MK is just a beat up game, like street fighter. Bad.

SaTsuJiN

shit yeah.. and I've always wanted shit like that MKvsSF flash to be playable.. as well as the insane vids Monty Oum put out...

please someone.. make games like these @_@.. I live for that kind of dodging attacking and parry insanity... eek!

Demonic Phoenix
2TXPFgRsVUE

I had to do it. w00t

Made even more epic by the epic music

NemeBro
Mortal Kombat is just a mediocre fighter without the gore.

This to me is just "meh."

RE: Blaxican
Hey now.

I mean, you're right. But, hey now. That's my babeh you're bad mouthing qq

XanatosForever
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
shit yeah.. and I've always wanted shit like that MKvsSF flash to be playable.. as well as the insane vids Monty Oum put out...

please someone.. make games like these @_@.. I live for that kind of dodging attacking and parry insanity... eek!

Monty Oum is a god amonst men...though I still wonder what the hell he was smoking when he put Kairi in Dead Fantasy. mmm

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Mortal Kombat is just a mediocre fighter without the gore.

This to me is just "meh."

You're just mad because Liu Kang is going to oneshot Akuma. shifty

majid86
After the travesty that was MKvsDC, i think that MKvsSF is not such a good idea.

Shao Kahn & M.Bison = TOTAL LAMENESS!

Bro SMASH
Why you don't think it's a good idea?

NemeBro
It does seem a bit soon for MK to be doing a crossover, they have a new MK coming out and stuff, and though it looks better than what they have been putting out, it'd still be better to wait IMO.

majid86
DITTO

Bro SMASH
It's not coming out soon anyway. Like they said, they're waiting see how good Street Fighter X Tekken would do first.

NemeBro
Missed that part.

That is more reasonably, but I would wait until they see how good the next MK does personally.

Assuming the next MK does not come out before SF vs. Tekken, dunno.

Esomark
The new MK looks almost like they are trying to ride on SFIV's coat tails, especially with returning to the 2D plane and all.

It's kinda odd how Vs. series were sort of low-key for a good while but now are making a huge influx all at once.

Zack Fair
I think its funny just how every company that has a fighter out there is like waiting in line for their turn to do crossover with SF

Monty put Kairi to attract the KH fanbase. I can't wait for the final episodes and if we get to watch Cloud vs Hayabusa Imma JIZZ IN MY PANTS

XanatosForever
I know it's all about fanservice, in the end, but I still feel that she's something of a Giant Space Flea From Nowhere.

Zack Fair
Agreed.

And I'm not fond of KH so I was all "Meh" when she appeared.

NemeBro
Kairi appeared in what now?

chomperx9
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter happening, says MK producer.

http://www.thetanooki.com/2010/08/20/mortal-kombat-vs-street-fighter-happening-says-mk-producer/

fcuk it. do it. its about time

No End N Site
Yeah, this thread is super unnecessary cuz this shit is super old and is very unlikley, not impossible tho. Here are just a few things I wanna say about such a game.

1. No.
If SFVSTK aint a good idea, this sure as in hell aint a good idea. Stop with the V.S. games already.

2. The over the top blood and gore mixed with SF characters is bull shit. I was a huge fan of MK, and I'm still a fan, but I don't really care about any of the characters anymore. I find it kinda hard to really like the cast when you can just rip them apart like fodder. You don't wanna see the guys you like get torn to shreds, in-game. That's why no one cares too much for SS Sen. So nah, I would rather not see Sakura or Cammy get their heads ripped off. Instant no buy.

3. SFs playin' MK style, no buy. Now, if they made SF VS MK like a total SF game or a Capcom VS game, with no fatalities and shit of that nature, I could see myself purchasing that...IF...Capcom does and RS or DS or PS before this game.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off or burst someone's bubble, but yeah, that's how I feel.

What peeps also gotta understand is, the MK team has always wanted to do a V.S. with SF. Capcom has always been like , "Meh" about it. So here's some advice, I wouldn't get my hopes up until Capcom says something. Cuz the MK crew have been doing this for YEARS.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by No End N Site
Yeah, this thread is super unnecessary cuz this shit is super old and is very unlikley, not impossible tho. Here are just a few things I wanna say about such a game.

1. No.
If SFVSTK aint a good idea, this sure as in hell aint a good idea. Stop with the V.S. games already.

2. The over the top blood and gore mixed with SF characters is bull shit. I was a huge fan of MK, and I'm still a fan, but I don't really care about any of the characters anymore. I find it kinda hard to really like the cast when you can just rip them apart like fodder. You don't wanna see the guys you like get torn to shreds, in-game. That's why no one cares too much for SS Sen. So nah, I would rather not see Sakura or Cammy get their heads ripped off. Instant no buy.

3. SFs playin' MK style, no buy. Now, if they made SF VS MK like a total SF game or a Capcom VS game, with no fatalities and shit of that nature, I could see myself purchasing that...IF...Capcom does and RS or DS or PS before this game.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off or burst someone's bubble, but yeah, that's how I feel.

What peeps also gotta understand is, the MK team has always wanted to do a V.S. with SF. Capcom has always been like , "Meh" about it. So here's some advice, I wouldn't get my hopes up until Capcom says something. Cuz the MK crew have been doing this for YEARS.

Let me be the first to tell you that if the VS games sell well they won't stop making them.

I don't get the problem with blood and fatalities in SF.

I really don't care if Sub0 decapitates Ryu so long as Ryu gets an equal chance to behead Sub with a Shoryu.

NemeBro
To be honest seeing Cammy or Chun Li having their heads ripped off does kind of bother me for some reason. no expression

Zack Fair
LoL I'd totally pay 60 bucks for a chance to rip Chun's trunklegs off her body.

Nemesis X
m4S4xd5QHxI

Zack Fair
Say would Ragin' Demon be effective on Scorpion? Would be hillarious if Scorpz beat the shit out of the demons.

TheAuraAngel
Kairi appeared in what now?

Dead Fantasy. Or at least that's what I think they're referring to. All she did was take Sora's shit and try to do things. She accomplishes little to be honest.

chomperx9
SF and MK are my 2 favorite fighting games and love both worlds with the story lines but in SF there is more physical contact involved and with MK its more about keeping your distance with attacking the other player.

NemeBro
Did you just say in SF there is more physical contact involved?

In a series famous for its cowardz with fireballz?

Lol.

No End N Site
Let me be the first to tell you that if the VS games sell well they won't stop making them.

I don't get the problem with blood and fatalities in SF.

I really don't care if Sub0 decapitates Ryu so long as Ryu gets an equal chance to behead Sub with a Shoryu.

Oh, I know. The problem is...they wont keep selling and we'll have to wait another 10 years for a SF sequal.

I do have a problem, that's not what SF is about, nor what it's supposed to be, at least to me. SF has it's crowd and MK has their's.

I care alot. SF has come along way without all that mainstream gore shit. I don't wanna see it in there, now. That's just how I feel, tho.

Lol.

Yeah, that's a joke made in a rap by Turbo. A rap being spit from Balrog's prespective. It aint true. The fireballs aint used the way you think they're used. Lol.

That's why most top tiers don't have projectiles and why the tops who do have them are where they are for more than just their fireballs.

chomperx9

Lol. theres more compared to MK

NemeBro
Originally posted by No End N Site
Yeah, that's a joke made in a rap by Turbo. A rap being spit from Balrog's prespective. It aint true. The fireballs aint used the way you think they're used. Lol.

That's why most top tiers don't have projectiles and why the tops who do have them are where they are for more than just their fireballs. I was joking.

Honestly I do not play MK enough to know how gameplay-wise it compares to SF, but I just took that as an excuse to reference Turbo.

Hm. Gonna go listen to him now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.