L.E.G.I.O.N. Vs Guardians Of The Galaxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/LEGION.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27967/761832-guardians_line_up_3_large.jpg

dmills
I'd pick the Guardians because of their first class telepaths and their weaponary. Ignorance of the L.E.G.I.O.N. notwithstanding.

Prep-Man
Weaponry? LEGION has Vril. Telepaths? Legion has Telepath. Not sure how powerful he is, though.

Plus LEGION has Lobo who has great tp resistance.

Desaad
Captain Comet would be the more decisive choice in terms of telepathy on the LEGION team, surely.

Since Mantis' actual offensive telepathic abilities have never really been explored (or seen, individually) I'd say Telepath and Comet combined are probably decent enough matches for the dog and Moondragon. Enough where I don't think it will be a deciding factor.

Between Lobo (the only top tier on either side), Lady Quark (herself a near top tier), and Captain Comet I think LEGION has the more powerful line up. Groot will be a decent match up for Strata or Garv, Eagle for the other, Vril will be decent against Starlord, Stealth against Mantis, Lobo is going to dominate Drax, Comet is going to be a weaker telepath but a stronger telekinetic and physically much stronger than Moondragon, oh you know I forgot about Vance Astro...actually, with all those telepaths they might win it regardless, though I still think they are at a power disadvantage.

dmills
Well Mantis has been using her TP offensively in TTI. Scrambled the fake Dr. Stranges' brain. Helped mindlock Thanos etc.

dmills
And I can't stress their gear enough. They have weapons that have herald level output. And let's not forget Gamora with her sword.

Prep-Man
Vril was smart enough to create a force field powerful enough to hold Starro. It was as big as a Galaxy, IIRC.

dmills
The starfish?

Prep-Man
Yeah, power of nine galaxies or something.

Desaad
Originally posted by dmills
And I can't stress their gear enough. They have weapons that have herald level output. And let's not forget Gamora with her sword.

If they are allowed to bring gear into it, then it's going to be the REBELS no contest. Vril has a 50-world spanning police force of powerful robot enforcers and is a 10th level super intelligence. Figured out a way to stop Waverider, for instance, on the fly, and create an impentrable barrier around a multi-solar system space (so powerful that not even light-speed traveling planet destroyers could get through at it's weakest point).

Bentley
Originally posted by Desaad
If they are allowed to bring gear into it, then it's going to be the REBELS no contest. Vril has a 50-world spanning police force of powerful robot enforcers and is a 10th level super intelligence. Figured out a way to stop Waverider, for instance, on the fly, and create an impentrable barrier around a multi-solar system space (so powerful that not even light-speed traveling planet destroyers could get through at it's weakest point).

Weapons are standard equipment for the Guardians. Personally, Lobo seems to be a bit of a trouble, Guardians can always try triple Moondragon/Cosmo/Mantis TK blast -add Major Victory for good messure- which worked on a weakened Thanos. Barring that, they would have a hard time dealing with Lobo alone, if not using bfr or assuming uber pressure points can take him down the count.

There are three things in which the Guardians excell: Martial arts, TP & bombs. If those three things fail they are screwed.

They're also filled with superb tacticians and their standar equipment should include teleportation tech and heavy weaponry.

Their telepaths are pretty monstruous and I think the dog is a herald btw.

Galan007
LEGION.

Stoic
L.E.G.I.O.N

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
They're also filled with superb tacticians and their standar equipment should include teleportation tech and heavy weaponry.

Their telepaths are pretty monstruous and I think the dog is a herald btw.

Mindrape most of them and Bfr Lobo. They may take some wins.

Bouboumaster
I hate to say what I'm about to say, but I don't see how Guardians can win physically this one. Even if there's Gamora, Mantis and Moondragon on the team, how can they stop Lobo?

Nah, their best bet it's to go all telepathy on L.E.G.I.O.N. Moondragon is a BEAST in telepathy department, having in the past blocked Charles Xavier, mindrape Thor and mindrape an entire planet too. Also, there's Mantis and Cosmo, who are also monsters when it comes to telepathy. If that fail, than L.E.G.I.O.N. wins.

Originally posted by Bouboumaster I hate to say what I'm about to say, but I don't see how Guardians can win physically this one. Even if there's Gamora, Mantis and Moondragon on the team, how can they stop Lobo?godlsayer?
Yes, but not only that, i think the dog might actually be the stronger of them. His TK certainly seems so.

Prep-Man
Wouldn't Captain Comet cancel out Dog?

Stoic
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Wouldn't Captain Comet cancel out Dog?

Depends on which one has the stronger ability.

Wouldn't Captain Comet cancel out Dog? You are aware that Cosmo actually is a dog, he's not named Dog, aren't you?

Bentley
Yeah, but there are three uber telepaths in Guardians, Moondragon, Mantis and Cosmo are quite competent.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Bentley Yeah, but there are three uber telepaths in Guardians, Moondragon, Mantis and Cosmo are quite competent.

yeah but vril has psychic defenses. being a brainiac and all.

Bentley
yeah but vril has psychic defenses. being a brainiac and all.

Guardians could likely hang for a while with most of the L.E.G.I.O.N. barring Comet and Lobo, unless I'm missing something big. Vril would give them trouble countering their ideas though.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
godlsayer?
Yes, but not only that, i think the dog might actually be the stronger of them. His TK certainly seems so.

Didn't Oracle manage to hold out against the GOTG telepaths in War of the Kings?

Moondragon has had amps from the Dragon of the Moon, the Beyonder and the Mind Gem in the past. She's not exactly on the same level as she was.

ExodusCloak
http://marvel.wikia.com/File:Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_2_15_page_08.jpg

Bentley
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Didn't Oracle manage to hold out against the GOTG telepaths in War of the Kings?

Moondragon has had amps from the Dragon of the Moon, the Beyonder and the Mind Gem in the past. She's not exactly on the same level as she was.

Oracle did break through Cosmo's tk wall, but no other telepathy was used the entire issue, but the wall did hold back the Imperial Guard.

Moondragon only had a few telepathy moments since losing the Dragon, but she tp blocked the birth of a Many Angled One with her powers.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Bentley
Oracle did break through Cosmo's tk wall, but no other telepathy was used the entire issue, but the wall did hold back the Imperial Guard.

Moondragon only had a few telepathy moments since losing the Dragon, but she tp blocked the birth of a Many Angled One with her powers.

She broke his shield and brain fried Cosmo though.

http://marvel.wikia.com/File:Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_2_15_page_06.jpg

The Cuckoos in Morrisons X-Men who were no where near as experienced as they are today made short work of Oracle when they attacked the School. I wouldn't say Cosmos TP is uber.

BTW I don't think any of those particular Imperial Guard members have super strength. Hussar, Fang, That teleporter, Magique, Oracle, Brainiac look alike.

Warlord
didn't Cosmo one shot some high level telepaths recently?
I remember some posters mentioning something like this

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Warlord
didn't Cosmo one shot some high level telepaths recently?
I remember some posters mentioning something like this

Not sure, need to get back home soon haven't touched Thanos Imperative.

But one-shotting random telepaths with no history isn't the same as one-shotting a relatively underused but established high order telepath like Oracle.

Warlord
no it wasn't in TI.
And I'm pretty sure high level TPs were involved (so was mentioned at least).

anyways I wish they woudn't cancel GotG series.

Bentley
After Oracle went through the TK wall it just took about two pages to have Cosmo running around with the rest of the team. He has proven time and time again he can tp rape -Drax, Warlock, CancerHulk-, and it's not as if his opponents were all defended here and he was not backed up by MD and Mantis. Cosmo has never shown, as far as I know, subtle telepathy, just tp blasts and shields, it doesn't make him any less powerful at them.

A&L are also the writers less inclined to make the Imperial Guard job, since they actually try to boost their profile.

ExodusCloak
After Oracle went through the TK wall it just took about two pages to have Cosmo running around with the rest of the team. He has proven time and time again he can tp rape -Drax, Warlock, CancerHulk-, and it's not as if his opponents were all defended here and he was not backed up by MD and Mantis. Cosmo has never shown, as far as I know, subtle telepathy, just tp blasts and shields, it doesn't make him any less powerful at them.

A&L are also the writers less inclined to make the Imperial Guard job, since they actually try to boost their profile.

Thing is though she just overpowered him there was no need for any sneaky tactics. I wouldn't call what the Cuckoos did to Oracle jobbing. I'd put the Cuckoos back then above Classic Psylocke at her Prime.

True Mantis and MD weren't aiding him. But I don't see Cosmo has a herald level telepath.

Warlord
puppy hater...

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Warlord
puppy hater...

I like dogs. stick out tongue

Bentley
Yeah, but I assumed a subtle telepath could just misdirect the efforts of a blunt one by guiding their strength like a judo master can beat someone stronger than them. I never rated him at that levels but he has some good high end feats.

ExodusCloak
Yeah, but I assumed a subtle telepath could just misdirect the efforts of a blunt one by guiding their strength like a judo master can beat someone stronger than them. I never rated him at that levels but he has some good high end feats.

That's true but doesn't look like Oracle is doing anything there but mind blasting him back. Cosmo was able to freeze Fang there that'd be atype of subtle telepathy. Getting punked by Oracle isn't a low feat she's meant to be the Imperial Guards Prime telepath but I don't rate him on that level. Heck I don't even rate her on that level.

Like I wouldn't even refer to the x-telepaths as herald level except the Summers children at their peaks.

Bentley
I thought Fang just stumbled into the TK wall or felt pain by a tp bolt. It's not like he remained statue frozen or something.

ExodusCloak
I thought Fang just stumbled into the TK wall or felt pain by a tp bolt. It's not like he remained statue frozen or something.

Cosmo was like all Sit, stay etc.. IIRC.

Bentley
Yeah, but it was a dog joke because Fang looks canid.

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
That's true but doesn't look like Oracle is doing anything there but mind blasting him back. Cosmo was able to freeze Fang there that'd be atype of subtle telepathy. Getting punked by Oracle isn't a low feat she's meant to be the Imperial Guards Prime telepath but I don't rate him on that level. Heck I don't even rate her on that level.

Like I wouldn't even refer to the x-telepaths as herald level except the Summers children at their peaks.

Oracle, like most of the guard, is all over the place. But like I said, It's his TK that I find more impressive. Still, he's overall level is probably low herald. He did very well against the cardinals and the churche's elite in TI, incinerating their minds and wrecking their bodies with TK. When angered his omnidirectional tk/tp blasts have put down crowds of strong superpowered beings.

The guardians should get a respect thread.

AlmightyKfish
Cosmo's TK is probably more powerful than his TP, considering once he got pissed off he took out all of the Guardians and all of Luminals with one TK blast.

That being said his telepathy allowed him to easily 'kill' CancerHulk, and he subdued Warlock, Drax and Phyla by forcefully entering their minds and forcing them to see/understand what he was trying to explain. And then I think he/Mantis may have been able to locate or talk to via TP the Guardians who were at 42 in the Negative Zone, whilst Cosmo/mantis were on Knowhere.

Bentley
I think it was Mantis who heard from the Negative zone, the other good feat they have is using a Celestial brain to send a message through time.

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
The guardians should get a respect thread.

I try to keep updated Drax one, but I guess I'll start sorting them now that the series is cancelled sad

I think nova and the guardians are just on hiatus. Their titles are likely to resume or be repackaged under some other name after thanos imperative.

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
I think nova and the guardians are just on hiatus. Their titles are likely to resume or be repackaged under some other name after thanos imperative.

They better be, we still need awesome cosmic ongoings. uhuh

They better be, we still need awesome cosmic ongoings. uhuh And the teams is just too good (although I hate that misplaced jack flag and the other captain america pastiche) mantis, cosmo, groot, racoon, md, drax and starlord are all exceptional.

AlmightyKfish
I think it was Mantis who heard from the Negative zone, the other good feat they have is using a Celestial brain to send a message through time.

Oh yeah Cosmo telepathically interfaced with the Celestial, that was a pretty epic moment.

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
And the teams is just too good (although I hate that misplaced jack flag and the other captain america pastiche) mantis, cosmo, groot, racoon, md, drax and starlord are all exceptional.

Better rooster than New Avengers, that's for sure.

dmills
Maybe they can team up with Nova and his corpsmen and form the Cosmic Avengers.

How cool would that have been if it was Peter and his motley crew going to Mars to investigate the serpent crown.

Cosmic avengers unds lame though. The less reference there is to earth the better off cosmic titles are.

dmills
Originally posted by 753
Cosmic avengers unds lame though. The less reference there is to earth the better off cosmic titles are. I'm afraid we may not have a choice, so I'll take it how I can get it. Even if that means accepting a lame Avengers plug.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.